Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I would make sure the pizza delivery person was legitimate first, by phoning the place they supposedly work for. Then, if that place confirms a pizza was ordered for my address, I'd let them know I didn't order it and coordinate with them to prevent faux orders in the future. After that, I'd find out what was asked to be put on it, letting them know of any allergies. If everything checked out, my dinner plans are flexible! I'd pay for the pizza that one time and eat it, too. Though, I'd let the pizza place know that I'm not paying for future faux orders and that they need to verify the pizza order with me before actually proceeding to make it.

She probably sent it to herself.  :>)

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

But she had to eat that pizza! It was in the heat of the moment! What else could she do?!

(When she said that I yelled "WHAT?!" out loud)

She had to eat it in order to stream her fake allergic reaction! 

• Love 7

Sorry (on so many levels) that the stepfather episode was cut short yesterday for the attack in NYC. Will have to catch it on OWN, unless it's a 2-parter?

Finally saw crazy-ass Tricia. She is EXHAUSTING. And her husband totally indulges her bullshit, he has no right to even be upset about it when he is the biggest enabler I've ever seen. When either one of them referred to "trolls" or "haters" without irony, I rolled my eyes so hard I sprained ALL THE THINGS.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

The stepfather episode is a two-parter.  The second one airs today.  Apparently his bio daughter comes on and pretty much confirms what the stepdaughters claimed.  He also takes a lie detector test.

The first part is airing now in PT.  We seem to be delayed by a day.  

One of the reasons polygraph results are not allowed in court is what happened here.  If you truly believe what you are saying, whether you did it or not, the test will be in your favor.  If these things happened while he was drunk and he really does not remember, it is easy to pass.  

Another reason the are not allowed in court, you can cheat and 'win.'

https://www.livescience.com/33512-pass-lie-detector-polygraph.html

• Love 1

This mom today is TRASH. Holy shit. Not because she's a sex worker/dominatrix (although sharing that info with her impressionable daughter is trashy), but because she has a "problem with authority" at, what, 40+ years old, to the point where she is throwing USED TAMPONS at hotel managers and shit? What a lowlife pile of garbage this lady is. Her daughter is doomed. Why the hell this idiot dad sent her off to live with a homeless prostitute is beyond my comprehension. "I thought she would see how her mom lives and decide it was bad." WHAT.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

One of the reasons polygraph results are not allowed in court is what happened here.  If you truly believe what you are saying, whether you did it or not, the test will be in your favor.  If these things happened while he was drunk and he really does not remember, it is easy to pass.  

Another reason the are not allowed in court, you can cheat and 'win.'

https://www.livescience.com/33512-pass-lie-detector-polygraph.html

I also think the mother made memories for her children, when they were very very young. How many others before this guy, did she say her daughters were abused by? I saw a pattern. One girl totally recanted her story.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

This mom today is TRASH. Holy shit. Not because she's a sex worker/dominatrix (although sharing that info with her impressionable daughter is trashy), but because she has a "problem with authority" at, what, 40+ years old, to the point where she is throwing USED TAMPONS at hotel managers and shit? What a lowlife pile of garbage this lady is. Her daughter is doomed. Why the hell this idiot dad sent her off to live with a homeless prostitute is beyond my comprehension. "I thought she would see how her mom lives and decide it was bad." WHAT.

Right. And then she's all, "Well I apologized for that." Um, there is nothing you can say to me after throwing bodily fluids at me. I'm pressing charges if I don't beat the shit out of you first. She should've been arrested. And yeah, the Mitt Romney dad must be crazy too. Autistic other kid or not, how could you send your daughter into homelessness? Thousand "clients" my ass. Those johns must not be paying that well or she's smoking all that cash up because she's living on other people's sofas. 

• Love 4

I don’t think pot is the only drug that mom and daughter are using. That was beyond bizarre. The authorities need to come on stage and take custody of that girl. Then Phil can offer to send her to the Turn About Ranch and then send her to live with her grandmother if she’s suitable. That kid may be ruined by her mother by this time but I hope not.

• Love 4

I am a bit perplexed with Dr. Phil's actions.

Here's the deal - he is a mandated reporter which he mentions numerous times.  I am too but so are many, many others. 

What confuses me is his judge/jury/executioner role.  He has evidence of mom giving pot (and God knows what else) to her underage child.  He has evidence (by the child and "mother's" admission) that she is having sex now, and had sex the first  time at age 12.   There is no stable home - they sleep on a couch of some friends and mom has a profession that is not listed on linkedin.  By all accounts this is a dire situation.

Why then, does the good "Doctor" always threaten them that he will report them (because, you know, he's a mandated reporter) if they don't go to his friends ranch in E. Jesus Texas? 

By all means send the brat there but he is obligated to report all this nonsense.

Then again, I might have missed where he says he has already alerted authorities because I was too busy looking at the wonder of Robin McGraw and the bottle she designed  (hell, how hard is it to design a one ounce bottle?) of vitamin mix she was giving out free to the audience.

I really need to stop watching this show.  It gives me heartburn.

@PsychoKlown - I agree with what you said.  Having been involved in the foster system as an administrator, I WOULD ONLY CALL IF ALL ELSE FAILS.  A girl like that would be prey for the system.  Just by watching her I think she too has special needs and her mother is grossly negligent.  They were both high as kites.

Here is my question:  Why do they always go to a working ranch?  I would hate every second of every day on a ranch.  I don't like animals at all, not that I want to see one hurt, I don't like them anywhere near me.  To me a walk in nature is a suburban walk around a city with nice parks where they keep the fauna out.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 1

I think they go to the ranch to learn responsibility, work ethic, tight daily schedule, learning to care for someone or something other than yourself, listening to other kids in a similar home situation who might have something to offer to help you. I think it’s a fantastic idea to send these kids into the middle of no where to learn some real life lessons. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

The mother that gave her 14 year old daughter drugs and encouraged sex at 12... How come she wasn't taken away in handcuffs?  I felt so bad for the girl... She's going to have a difficult time ahead.

Exactly.

You said it much more succinctly than I.

17 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Why then, does the good "Doctor" always threaten them that he will report them (because, you know, he's a mandated reporter) if they don't go to his friends ranch in E. Jesus Texas

Hysterical, thank you for this gem!   

The threat is what the parent needs to enforce their minor child to go.  They are usually push overs. I get that.  This is where the wayward child is the issue though.  Mom is a problem here.  She is not in the situation where the court will allow her an alternate plan en lieu of punishment.  

What will he do with mom is the bigger question.  He very well could call the LAPD though I doubt he would.  It would stop some/many from asking to be on his show for fear of arrest!  Her lawyer would claim entrapment. 

2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

The mother that gave her 14 year old daughter drugs and encouraged sex at 12... How come she wasn't taken away in handcuffs?  I felt so bad for the girl... She's going to have a difficult time ahead.

Yes she will.  Part 2 is Monday. 

Edited by wings707

Of course the child is horrible. She hasn't been taught respect or shown any boundaries. I think her mother is pretty stupid, smoking pot all through the day has addled her brain,as it will her daughters.  Saying things like, she's worse than me, ridiculous woman!

I doubt Kaylie has filled her lungs with fresh air in a long time, and hasn't had any rules. I don't have a problem with her going to any ranch, it's been shown  children that have problems with authority ,or lead promiscuous lifestyles, change when they are with nature, and with animals .Animals teach them caring, responsibility, loyalty, all without judgement.

Her father has his hands full IMO, with his other child. I suspect he got frustrated and said live with your mother, only to discover that was even worse.His mother could maybe help out more.

I like Phil was not going to let her back into either home, until they had both come to an understanding about co parenting!

The mother kept asking how long her daughter would be gone, I have a feeling she has no real friends and leans heavily on her daughter for company. I hope they do a follow up, she's basically a good kid, I could see that when they told her father off.

• Love 3

Turn About Ranch will be a good.   I am a huge believer that animals can heal.  She will bond and make friends with kids who are in the same boat.   

The law will get them if they don't work this plan and they got that message, especially mom.  The idea of criminal prosecution will drive her.  What a jerk.  

• Love 1

I tend to give these "therapeutic ranches" the side eye because many of them are more about free forced labor than treatment for teenagers.  My niece was sent to one of these ranches in Wyoming and came back in terrible emotional shape.  There was behavior management but no counseling.  The girls worked from sun up to sundown as free labor making capital improvements to the owner's ranch.  They raised the animals, built buildings, built additions to the owner's house and dug ditches/laid pipes for a water source in the fields.  When she arrived at the ranch she was not allowed a bed, pillow or blanket.  The girls lived in tent in the middle of winter.  She was not allowed the use of the bathroom and was made to use a bucket in front of the other girls and staff.  Food and water were withheld as punishment.  Her educational needs were totally neglected.  She walked away from this place with PTSD because of the abuses she experienced.  Her parents are good people who were desperate to help their daughter and went into debt to help save her.  The owners of the ranch isolated my niece and scared the hell out of her parents.  She left the ranch with no education, no self esteem and no life skills outside of being isolated from the work and listening to orders.  It took a week for that poor kid to get up and go to the bathroom without asking for permission.  The only thing she learned at the ranch was to be a good ranch hand which is not exactly a marketable life skill when you don't have any other education.  

• Love 2

I looked at reviews for this ranch.  There are 5 stars down to 1 star.  Google the ranch and on the panel that is on the right of the screen showing where it is located etc click on google reviews.  

This could be a horror but not as bad as @movingtargetgal reported.  No mention of being worked too hard but other things.  Hard to know what to believe.  The one stars could have been written by angry teens and the 5 star by parents or fabricated by the ranch.  

The reviews for the Psycho Neuro Plasticity Center are worse than the ranch.  Look them up the same way as I said above.  Jesus.  

I don't agree with Dr Phil's protocol or treatment of addicts.  Now I can add these two questionable places to the list. 

I'm getting a little tired of every single episode lately being a 2-part.  The latest episode is the women who keeps pretending to be pregnant.  It's obvious that she's lying and has some type of mental disorder.  Seems like this could have been condensed into one episode if they omitted some of the blond friend's interviews.  She pretty much kept saying the same thing over and over again. 

• Love 4

OWN had two interesting repeats recently. There was a woman who hadn't spoken to her son for 3 years because she thought his dating and becoming engaged to his ex-best-friend's ex-girlfriend broke the 10 Commandments about "Coveting your neighbor's wife" despite the fact the girl was 17 when she dated the friend and was certainly never married to him. The mom's real hang-up wasn't that the relationship was conceived in "sin" but that she wanted her son to get back with his daughter's mother (not to mention the granddaughter, who they seemed to adore, was also conceived in "sin"). The mom was just a horrible, horrible, person though in the end she agreed to take a 1,000 mile trip with the fiancée, that Dr. Phil promised them $10,000 if they took, as long as her less-delusional hubby could come along. This is a show that deserves an update. Did they ever go on the trip? Did the couple get married? Did the mom ever come around? Did she attend the wedding? Then there was a couple who refused to believe their daughter had committed suicide and were convinced an 18-year-old girl in the neighborhood had managed to evade 6 security cameras, sneak into the house while the parents were there, and murder their daughter either by lethal injection or forcing liquid down her throat without anyone hearing anything. They were blaming the girl, the girl's ex-boyfriend, who they claimed had been stalking and harassing their daughter, and the girl's dad who they claimed, as past president of their homeowners association, had keys to every house in the subdivision (which he denied) and possibly the girl's mom, who worked at a ranch where there would have been the kind of horse tranquilizer their daughter OD'd on and who, suspiciously in their (deluded) minds, quit some 6 months after their daughter's death. They were putting it all over the interwebs that this girl, the girl's ex-boyfriend, and the girl's dad had conspired to murder their daughter. They were deluded and Dr. Phil handled them with kid gloves, really respectful of their grief, but their grief had really pushed them over the edge and they were really ruining innocent people's lives. The girl and her dad had filed for a restraining order and had been granted a temporary one while the mom of the dead girl claimed she would never stop posting defaming stuff on the web and if they didn't like it they didn't have to look, ignoring all the nutjobs they were attracting that were putting the lives of the people they were baselessly accusing at risk.  So I wonder if the girl and her dad got a permanent restraining order and whether the mom stopped posting crap about the other family on the web. Dr. Phil could have done a far better job going over the autopsy reports, the ME he had on speakerphone said the investigation was botched, the 1st finding was natural death and was later changed to suicide, and he had some random person on who had read the blog and didn't think the "facts" added up (they didn't) and the dead girl's 18-year-old cousin who said her cousin never would have committed suicide.     

Just watched the episode with the out-of-control teen who got sent to the ranch.  No real opinion about that, but I was APPALLED when, on the way out, Dr. Phil and Robin acted like it was a party and they were giving everyone in the audience a free bottle of the skin vitamin stuff.  How can you DO that while a young girl is sobbing and feeling devastated about 20 feet away?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Just watched the episode with the out-of-control teen who got sent to the ranch.  No real opinion about that, but I was APPALLED when, on the way out, Dr. Phil and Robin acted like it was a party and they were giving everyone in the audience a free bottle of the skin vitamin stuff.  How can you DO that while a young girl is sobbing and feeling devastated about 20 feet away?

Hamiltons AZCHRISTIAN. Lots of Hamiltons.

They don't call him Dollar Bill Phil for nuttin'.

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Because maybe, for once, these teens need to learn that your faux tears and threats of violence don't mean shit.  They're situation was handled, they are being sent away to learn that the world doesn't revolve around them.  Cry all you want, scream and yell all you want, you're going.  And we'll be here waiting when you get back because life.goes.on.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, CaughtOnTape said:

Because maybe, for once, these teens need to learn that your faux tears and threats of violence don't mean shit.  They're situation was handled, they are being sent away to learn that the world doesn't revolve around them.  Cry all you want, scream and yell all you want, you're going.  And we'll be here waiting when you get back because life.goes.on.

I have no doubt that a lot of these teens - who already think they rule the world - are trying to manipulate with their tears, etc.  Even so, to have an emotionally charged hour of ANY topic followed by a 180-degree switch to a party atmosphere is just not appropriate. 

I wonder how the parents felt . . . "You're terrible parents, and if you don't send your daughter to this ranch, we'll call DFCS right now, and she will be removed from your home before nightfall."  And then, "Thanks for being here everyone, you're ALL getting some of Robin's stuff free today."  I wonder if they gave it to Mom and Dad, too.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I have no doubt that a lot of these teens - who already think they rule the world - are trying to manipulate with their tears, etc.  Even so, to have an emotionally charged hour of ANY topic followed by a 180-degree switch to a party atmosphere is just not appropriate. 

I wonder how the parents felt . . . "You're terrible parents, and if you don't send your daughter to this ranch, we'll call DFCS right now, and she will be removed from your home before nightfall."  And then, "Thanks for being here everyone, you're ALL getting some of Robin's stuff free today."  I wonder if they gave it to Mom and Dad, too.

Again, these parents are narcissistic asses themselves.  They've shown not to give a crap about their kid (I mean the guy sent his daughter away to live with a homeless woman) so why should he or anyone else have any sympathy for them?  They are terrible parents, why shouldn't he say it?  Someone needed to, because when he read that father the riot act for pawning his daughter away on her mother the guy looked surprised that someone would blame him for doing so.  

And you're damn right if they don't go to the ranch he'll call DCFS right then.  The chick was smoking pot with her daughter and allowing her to have sex at 12 years old.  He shouldn't be blamed for doing it, he should be given a medal for doing what no one else in that kids family had balls enough to do.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, CaughtOnTape said:

And you're damn right if they don't go to the ranch he'll call DCFS right then.  The chick was smoking pot with her daughter and allowing her to have sex at 12 years old.  He shouldn't be blamed for doing it, he should be given a medal for doing what no one else in that kids family had balls enough to do.

We are in 100% agreement on this.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CaughtOnTape said:

I agree, sobbing girl had no real tears toward the end

3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Pregnancy scam lady was so bizarre. 

Isn't she!!! I'm sad, because both my daughter and daughter in law,  lost their babies.

• Love 2

I don't care if a guest is upset at the end or not the transitions into hawking Robbin Robin's skincare and etc. line have always been disgusting and tacky. Like someone else mentioned they are at the level of wealth where they are in their own world and don't relate well to everyday people anymore.

• Love 10

But why is the ex- friend so invested? To go to the extremes of contacting the coroner,  etc? What does it matter if this gal was crazy and imagining babies? The blond made weird fake profiles for honestly crazy lady who imagines being pregnant.  Hurtful, yes, life threatening, absolutely not.  It seems like we are watching to people with mental issues duke it out.  It was uncomfortable and strange. 

• Love 4

Honestly, the end of today’s show with Robin slowly standing up with a shit eating grin on her face and saying something like the most exciting part of her vitamin serum is that she designed the cutest bottle for it. OMG. Is she 8 years old? The segues into her shit have become so jarring and abrupt. Phil should be ashamed of what his show has become and what that plastic woman is doing.

• Love 6