Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

I try not to doubt those who suffer from illness, but yeah, the multiple personality woman really seemed to be making it up as she went along. Her "programs" were more like incredibly bad and horribly offensive improv sketches. I deleted the episode before the halfway mark.

Another animal abuse episode tomorrow. I will definitely skip that one.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, wheresmypizza said:

You know what my favorite part of today's episode was? The part where he sends her to the PNP Center and peddles some Robin's Wrinkle Cream!!!

You could put this comment every day and it would still work ;)

• Love 6
12 hours ago, wheresmypizza said:

You know what my favorite part of today's episode was? The part where he sends her to the PNP Center and peddles some Robin's Wrinkle Cream!!!

No??!! I must see this episode! I need a dose of plastic Robin pimping products of hers that are crap! 

• Love 2

His wife is getting thinner and thinner.  I think he needs to send her off to one of his programs before she disappears.  She's way too thin now.

16 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Another animal abuse episode tomorrow. I will definitely skip that one

Me too!  Abused animals or children... it's just too difficult to watch.

• Love 1

Just finished watching the lady who can't see.  Never a "thank you" from her . . . just "Okay, I'll go."  So if she can't see, isn't it odd that the camera focused on her immediately looking into her purse for something when Dr. Phil was going on to his next segment?  I bet her vision is good enough for her to look up WebMD for her next list of medical complaints.

She's a hypochondriac.  She hit the jackpot because she gets to go to the PNP and medical people will be looking at her for several days.  Then when they want her to start facing the issue that she's really not physically ill, she'll bolt.  

No sympathy here, I'm sorry.  

• Love 9

The only good part of today’s show about the lying Susie was that we weren’t subjected to plastic Robin shilling her crap. I still don’t know the purpose of today’s show. Nothing was resolved and no one was sent to the PNP center or turn about ranch and isn’t that what this show is about every day now? I really do think that Phil is failing physically and mentally.

• Love 2

Here's what's in store for next week (episode titles only as seen on zap2it's TV listings):

Monday: Dr. Phil, Our Beautiful Daughter Is Drinking Herself to Death

Tuesday: My 19-Year-Old Thug Daughter Was Involved in a Drive by Shooting and Is a Menace to Society and This Family

Wednesday: The Indiana Train Track Murders; The Search for a Killer

Thursday: Our Son Dropped Out of High School to Become a Rapper, Should We Keep Footing the Bill for His Dream?; Is There Life After Mmmbop?

Friday: Help! My Daughter Is a Beautiful Model and Ex NBA Basketball Wife Who Has Turned Into a Partying, Stealing, Foul Mouthed Menace to Society!

Is there any episode now where Robin does NOT do a spot for her non-greazzzy  skin care? 

Why wasn't Hector on stage with the GF?  Phil didn't seem to think she was abused, just a drunk??   And if Hector is drinking, too, why didn't he get an all expense paid trip to the detox center du jour?   I was half watching while working, so maybe I missed some details.  I just know the woman who went to the detox healing place, was in denial big time, then she got all friendly with Phil and seemed to maybe take a little responsibility.

• Love 1

I missed the first part of today’s show. Does anyone know who the actress mom is or any shows that she’s been on? She looked vaguely familiar but obviously had cosmetic surgery at some point.

• Love 1

Wow, today's out of control little darling was born in the 80s?? I thought she was at least in her late 40s. Don't do drugs, kids. I remember watching Dukes of Hazzard as a really little kid, but why was that the lead of Phillip's introduction? He talked about the mother's short C-list acting career and her marriage to one of the Faux Dukes before anything else. I thought the show was going to be about her. Weird. 

And where are the other four children? With their father(s)? 

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 1

OK, I am not a Robin fan, but someone needs to call an intervention.  She is sooooo thin!  Robin was always petite, but she has shriveled into a tiny withered waif!  Is there an ingredient her her magical face creams that cause severe body mass loss?  Her hands look like little bird claw skeletons.  If Phil wasn’t standing right next to her during her potion pitch, I don’t think Robin could support her own almost non existent weight.  She needs to stop worrying about getting moisture and emollients into her skin (along with the endless Botox and fillers) and start sitting down for a meal or ten. Stop talking about the evils of “gravity” on aging women!  Gravity is the only thing keeping your bag of bones from blowing down the street!  

• Love 6

Robin really does look very thin and gaunt. I'm not normally a "OMG ur too skinny" type of person, because I feel like with the obesity epidemic the word "skinny" is overused to describe totally healthy people, but she is SKINNY, to the point where she really looks like she borderline has wasting disease.

• Love 3

Agree about Robin.  She may think she looks great but she really is unhealthy.  Phil should be looking in his own backyard for some stories.  The two of them look so frail as they are walking out after hawking the latest itty bitty cute little bottle of pure magic potion.   They are utterly disgusting.  People are more than their looks.  The show about the female that thought that she was so ugly that she couldn't go out was such a crock.  There are plenty of people that are born with severe issues or have accidents or whatever that cause deformities, etc and they carry on with their lives.  They are not so consumed with their looks and horror of horrors, maybe even a wrinkle or two that they cannot function.  What is wrong with Phil and company that they are so vain and shallow?  You may be a mandated reporter but you are really doing a disservice to the public with this garbage.

On another note, I wonder if Robin has had a stroke.  She slurs her words and one side of her face does not move.  

• Love 3

I think this show, Phil and Robin have jumped the shark. Someone in their family has to step in and put a stop to this nonsense if they love their parents. Or maybe they’re used to living on their parent’s dole. Yeah, that’s it. This show that began as something helpful has morphed into the worst kind of exploitation. Shame on you, Phil. And Robin. Shame on you.

• Love 3
On 12/7/2017 at 5:55 PM, AZChristian said:

Teri Copley? That's the name on our Cox guide for today's show.

Well this lady has had an interesting life. Her original face is cute. She's been married three times and seems to have an affinity for replacements. Not only was her late husband/Ashley's father, starring as Faux Duke when the real Duke boys were gone during that weird season, one of her other husbands was Micki Free. Micki Free was the guy brought into Shalamar when Jody Watley and Jeffrey Daniel split. If you've ever watched Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories, Micki Free is the dude everyone thought was a chick.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Well this lady has had an interesting life. Her original face is cute. She's been married three times and seems to have an affinity for replacements. Not only was her late husband/Ashley's father, starring as Faux Duke when the real Duke boys were gone during that weird season, one of her other husbands was Micki Free. Micki Free was the guy brought into Shalamar when Jody Watley and Jeffrey Daniel split. If you've ever watched Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories, Micki Free is the dude everyone thought was a chick.

To be totally honest, I did not recognize one name in your paragraph.  We don't watch much other than competition, court, and real life murder shows.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

To be totally honest, I did not recognize one name in your paragraph.  We don't watch much other than competition, court, and real life murder shows.

It's okay. I was addressing a general "you," not you in particular. Dukes of Hazzard and The Love Boat were very popular shows 35-40 years ago and Phillip mentioned the guest's appearance on both as well as her marriage to one of the actors.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Robin really does look very thin and gaunt. I'm not normally a "OMG ur too skinny" type of person, because I feel like with the obesity epidemic the word "skinny" is overused to describe totally healthy people, but she is SKINNY, to the point where she really looks like she borderline has wasting disease.

Hollywood-exia.  Guiliana Ransic and Sarah Jessica Parker live on a keto/Atkins regime. These women are lovely but very thin. 

I let the show roll yesterday and I heard her say greezy.  Hysterical.  I have seen this mentioned here but never heard it. Gawd. 

Edited by wings707

I agree Robin is just way too thin--as in eating disorder thin--not saying she has this but clearly she watches every morsel put in her mouth.  Also, who is that man that sits next to her smiling at everything she says every day?  Dr. P looks awfully stiff when he walks.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, parrotfeathers said:

I agree Robin is just way too thin--as in eating disorder thin--not saying she has this but clearly she watches every morsel put in her mouth.  Also, who is that man that sits next to her smiling at everything she says every day?  Dr. P looks awfully stiff when he walks.

Probably someone paid to sit there and make sure that the audience members don't bother Robin.  She walks in and takes her seat at the same time Dr. Phil walks out on stage - she's not sitting there interacting with the audience before or after the show.  Yes, I've been to a taping.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

The guy sitting beside her is the director of OnSite, some type of mental health/rehab facility in Tennessee.  Dr. P has sent numerous guests there for "help".  I'm unsure as to why the guy appears to sit through every show.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, marionette said:

Agree about Robin.  She may think she looks great but she really is unhealthy.  Phil should be looking in his own backyard for some stories.  The two of them look so frail as they are walking out after hawking the latest itty bitty cute little bottle of pure magic potion.   They are utterly disgusting.  People are more than their looks.  The show about the female that thought that she was so ugly that she couldn't go out was such a crock.  There are plenty of people that are born with severe issues or have accidents or whatever that cause deformities, etc and they carry on with their lives.  They are not so consumed with their looks and horror of horrors, maybe even a wrinkle or two that they cannot function.  What is wrong with Phil and company that they are so vain and shallow?  You may be a mandated reporter but you are really doing a disservice to the public with this garbage.

On another note, I wonder if Robin has had a stroke.  She slurs her words and one side of her face does not move.  

I've never thought Robin was very attractive, but I caught a glimpse of her on an old rerun on OWN this week and wow.  She looked way, way, WAY better then than she does now.  She actually looked like a human then.  Her face was fuller, and she hadn't yet had a zillion Botox injections and cosmetic procedures.  I was shocked at the difference.  I feel sure that she has some type of body dysmorphia (is that the word I'm looking for?) going on.

• Love 2

@farmgal4 I find it doubtful that's it's the OnSite guy (although they do look similar). I assume it's a handler/bodyguard. Do you have additional information?

I've been to a few tapings. Here's the drill: they have a "warm up" guy to engage the audience. Who is the longest married? Who travelled the farthest? Picks one or two audience members to come on stage and dance. He tosses stress balls to the audience. Gets everyone on their feet and the great doctor comes on stage. 

Two episodes are taped each day so after the break you sit in a different seat. I think that before the second show Robin threw some stress balls (maybe something else? Not any Robin McGray Revelations®). Yes, she is tiny and plastic.

The great doctor comes onstage after each episode for retakes on questions or responses. Not too many, but that's the only thing I found different from the taping to the actual show. Other than that, I've not seen him engage with the audience except for people directly connected to the episode being filmed.

It was really fun to watch. They gave us a couple of books from one taping. Nothing from the others.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, amacmom said:

@farmgal4 I find it doubtful that's it's the OnSite guy (although they do look similar). I assume it's a handler/bodyguard. Do you have additional information?

I've been to a few tapings. Here's the drill: they have a "warm up" guy to engage the audience. Who is the longest married? Who travelled the farthest? Picks one or two audience members to come on stage and dance. He tosses stress balls to the audience. Gets everyone on their feet and the great doctor comes on stage. 

Two episodes are taped each day so after the break you sit in a different seat. I think that before the second show Robin threw some stress balls (maybe something else? Not any Robin McGray Revelations®). Yes, she is tiny and plastic.

The great doctor comes onstage after each episode for retakes on questions or responses. Not too many, but that's the only thing I found different from the taping to the actual show. Other than that, I've not seen him engage with the audience except for people directly connected to the episode being filmed.

It was really fun to watch. They gave us a couple of books from one taping. Nothing from the others.

You're probably right, although he bears a striking resemblance to the OnSite guy, if I remember correctly.  Maybe he's involved in show production, etc., or he could be Robin's (or Dr. P's) young lover. ? ?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, amacmom said:

I've been to a few tapings...

It was really fun to watch.

How long does $hill actually spend talking to the guests?  I was wondering how much footage doesn't make it on TV, given the number of times he's gone to commercial promising that some question will be answered or some fantastic revelation is forthcoming, but when the show starts up again nothing is said.  I always wondered if the answer to the question was so innocuous or boring that they left it out in editing; same thing with the promised 'big reveal's' that aren't discussed again.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, amacmom said:

The great doctor comes onstage after each episode for retakes on questions or responses.

Do you mean they re-do the guest's response to Dr. Phil because it didn't come off right in the first place? 

I read somewhere that the cases on Judge Judy are run-through with litigants before being filmed which kinda disappoints me.  

I was once in the audience of a Canadian chat show (years ago) and when I watched later on TV it was very different and out of order compared to what I experienced live - lots of really funny stuff was  cut out.  I also stumbled across a street taping of "Love it or List it" where the buyer had makeup constantly re-applied and the producer asked the same question over and over and more or less put words in the buyers' mouths so they didn't stumble or look blank.

I think Phil needs to do an intervention with his wife.  She is scary thin now and the Botox or whatever is damaging the nerves in her face.  You can see as she talks that something is going on. It's kind of sad.

• Love 1

@Zahdii What you see on the show is most everything done on stage. It's all pretty much determined beforehand. The at-home or coming-up clips are shown on the big screens to the audience similarly to what you see on TV. 

@Pondlass1 They only retake things Phil said. Generally, it's the segues or announcements that were misread or the producers decided should be reworded. I've not seen any questions or reaction to guests redone.

One show I saw taped never made it on the air. Don't know if a "ripped from the headlines" story took its place or if it was pulled because it was a dud (and it was). You can imagine how low that bar has to be!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, amacmom said:

One show I saw taped never made it on the air. Don't know if a "ripped from the headlines" story took its place or if it was pulled because it was a dud (and it was). You can imagine how low that bar has to be!

I refer to the one taping I saw as "Dr. Phil Presents the Most Boring Guests Ever."  They did air it, but I've never seen it repeated.

• Love 1

Drunken daughter who didn't want to come out, and needed Dr Phil to come back stage to talk to her was defeated, and surrendered fully. It brought tears to my eyes. Salty tears rolled down my cheeks, drying my epidermis. Thanks to Robin's hydrating creams, I can cry on Dr Phil, and continue to have radiant, moisturized skin.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Drunken daughter who didn't want to come out, and needed Dr Phil to come back stage to talk to her was defeated, and surrendered fully. It brought tears to my eyes. Salty tears rolled down my cheeks, drying my epidermis. Thanks to Robin's hydrating creams, I can cry on Dr Phil, and continue to have radiant, moisturized skin.

I cringed every time Robin struggled to say "Rosh rhymes with Posh" over her huge veneers. It really sounded like someone practicing speech therapy exercises. And I totally believe Phillip's guy friends stand in the mirror and say, "OMG, is this really me?" in the mirror after using Robin's amazing wrinkle cream. Sure, Jan. 

This particular infomercial seemed like it started earlier than their other ones. They seem like they're getting longer every time.

22 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

OMG!! This made me laugh out loud.  But then I felt bad.  The drunken daughter needs desperate help. Hope the dual diagnosis place helps, I'd like to see a follow up on this girl.

• Love 1