Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Don't Give Your Baby Steak

• Start Topic

Airs September 29, 2019

Shelly meets her granddaughter in spite of McKayla's wishes; amidst tension with Alex's family, Tyra reconnects with some old friends; Hailey begins to fear childbirth; Chloe gets ready for the prom; Max gets some bad news.

Don't like the name. Reminds me of Graceland. I agree with Caelan. She's screwing around with the name because she's mad, otherwise she wouldn't have told us her whole Rosanna Rosanna Danna name. Why would Timothy have a different last name than his sister  ? McKayla wasn't married when either was born. I didn't get what she was saying about Caelan signing over his name.

And does Caelan think her name is Gracelynn Lynn ? I thought her middle name was Ann.

Shame on McKayla for saying those nasty things about Shelly.

Tyra is a cute girl and may possibly make something of herself. 

Edited by Chris Knight
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

Rehab is probably the best thing for Max (should be longer than 30 days, though), but poor Chloe. She'll miss prom. 

I actually think this may have been the most I've heard her stepdad ever talk. What made Jessica let her lapdog off the leash? 

I don't really believe Tyra's cheer friends who are all, "We're here now." Why? Because you realized cameras follow your former friend everywhere? 

McKayla calling Shellie "heartless" was rich. Then she calls herself a "full-time mom." Bahaha

The last name thing is really stupid. She's just doing it out of spite. She doesn't stop to think that Timmy might feel badly that he doesn't have the hyphenated name like his sister. She only cares about sticking it to Caelen. 

• Love 18

Random observation ...Weird how either these kids don't have a bedroom at home and this isn't the time I've heard one of the kids say they booted their own parent out of their rooms. Damn. I mean you pay all the bills and sleep on the couch?

Lots of housing issues this time. And damn MAC lives in a bunk bed with 2 kids!

Tyra and her sister/cousin freaked me out a lil with the babies at the park. That was a little young for the swings. 

Edited by FairyDusted
Their is not there
  • Love 6

Tyra, her sister and cousin are delusional as hell.  Taking kids to the park is the crap they fantasized about, but it’s a small, insignificant part of it. What about the real work?  She’s worried about Alex’s grandma keeping the baby but she turns her sister loose with Layla so she can let her head flop and put her on toddler swings?  The baby would be better off with grandma.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Tyra, her sister and cousin are delusional as hell. 

Watching that trio snapping their dubble bubble while holding their babies made me sad.

Did anyone else think the dresses Chloe was trying on looked like they belonged on much older women?  I don't care for visible undergarments and will never be on board with bra straps being part of an outfit, but why on earth was Chloe wearing a bra when trying on those dresses?  It's not like leaving your underwear on when trying on swimsuits. 

And Jessica with all her "senior moments."  I'm glad my mother just let me be a senior, instead of insisting on splitting the job between the two of us. 

I was cheering Max on when he was justifying his posting the photo.  Either he's a great actor, or he really didn't understand what the actual issue was.  In fact, Chloe tried it for a second, herself ("I didn't know he was going to post the photo"), but Jessica jumped right on it and straightened her out, and then Chloe tried to straighten out Max, but it just wasn't happening. 

I hate the way Alex smirks.  I strongly suspect it's just a manifestation of discomfort, but I still want to slap it off his face.

Rilah (who may have appeared only in the "coming next week" part) looks like she's 50 years old, and I'm not quite sure why.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 1

I’m new to this show, but from the episodes I’ve seen so far this season:

McKayla is an asshole. If she were my daughter, I’d probably resent the boy who got her pregnant. However, after the SECOND pregnancy it’s time to see things for what they are and not join in the immature, manipulative games this little girl is playing. Caelan needs a lawyer stat. I feel bad for him and his family.

Chloe looked pretty in that pink prom dress, and I understand that prom is a big deal. She is due for a huge dose of reality, though. For starters, she’s so ignorant about addiction. I remember her dismissing Max when he was talking about needing to continue therapy. I’m not sure if it’s because he hasn’t been honest with her, or if she’s just in strong denial about his drug use. 

I really like Max’s dad. He carries the weight of the world, but he hasn’t given up on his son. Max is very fortunate to have a father like him. 

I think Tyra has a good attitude and is the most well-adjusted of the group, with good goals and realistic expectations. I hope Alex stands up for her when it comes to his mom and grandmother. I see that he doesn’t like confrontation but it would go a long way if he could them all in a room to discuss their issues. 

I cant believe Hailey didn’t know that childbirth is painful. I thought these kids googled everything!

These kids (and most of their parents, TBH) frustrate the hell out of me, but I can’t not watch. 

• Love 13

I don't feel that bad for Shelley and Caelan right now. They are whining but taking no action. Stop negotiating with Mckayla and go get a lawyer. The court will enforce reasonable visitation, and there won't be anything that Mckayla can do about it, or she risks losing custody. They don't want to take action, but they want to piss and moan. I'm wondering if Caelan hasn't gotten a lawyer because he doesn't want to be on the hook for child support. The payments for two kids are going to be pretty high. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Tyra is a cute girl and may possibly make something of herself. 

I have a soft spot for Tyra. She's trying. And while its kind of unsettling that all these very young women have babies, at least she has a support system of other young mothers which keeps her from feeling isolated. I mean, no wonder McKayla is such a sour, discontented, moody little shit stirrer. She has no friends. Just her equally sour, discontented grandparents and until-recently absent mother, who all think her shit is ice cream. If she had peers who could give her a reality check once in a while maybe she'd be a little more bearable. Though of course she probably has no friends because she's just an awful person.

Chloe is in for a world of hurt. That is all.

• Love 18
6 hours ago, 7isBlue said:

I’m new to this show, but from the episodes I’ve seen so far this season:

McKayla is an asshole. If she were my daughter, I’d probably resent the boy who got her pregnant. However, after the SECOND pregnancy it’s time to see things for what they are and not join in the immature, manipulative games this little girl is playing. Caelan needs a lawyer stat. I feel bad for him and his family.

Chloe looked pretty in that pink prom dress, and I understand that prom is a big deal. She is due for a huge dose of reality, though. For starters, she’s so ignorant about addiction. I remember her dismissing Max when he was talking about needing to continue therapy. I’m not sure if it’s because he hasn’t been honest with her, or if she’s just in strong denial about his drug use. 

I really like Max’s dad. He carries the weight of the world, but he hasn’t given up on his son. Max is very fortunate to have a father like him. 

I think Tyra has a good attitude and is the most well-adjusted of the group, with good goals and realistic expectations. I hope Alex stands up for her when it comes to his mom and grandmother. I see that he doesn’t like confrontation but it would go a long way if he could them all in a room to discuss their issues. 

I cant believe Hailey didn’t know that childbirth is painful. I thought these kids googled everything!

These kids (and most of their parents, TBH) frustrate the hell out of me, but I can’t not watch. 

Max’s dad talks a good game now, but I can’t help but feel like he’s contributed to his son’s problems in a major way because he was in jail during Max’s younger years, especially since Max’s mother was an addict.  It’s good that he’s stepping up now, but it may be too little, too late. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I don't feel that bad for Shelley and Caelan right now. They are whining but taking no action. Stop negotiating with Mckayla and go get a lawyer. The court will enforce reasonable visitation, and there won't be anything that Mckayla can do about it, or she risks losing custody. They don't want to take action, but they want to piss and moan. I'm wondering if Caelan hasn't gotten a lawyer because he doesn't want to be on the hook for child support. The payments for two kids are going to be pretty high. 

Couple of things..

-you do not need to have a lawyer to file paternity/custody/visitation/support petitions in Family Court. You can do it by yourself ,there are people who will help you with the paperwork, no cost.  

-child support is based on the non custodial parent’s earnings. Most states have a set formula. Second child is usually a small percentage higher than the first. For example, first child may be 25% of after taxes earnings and two children is 30%.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

If Caelan and the little spoiled brat get joint custody or equal time with the kids there's no reason for him to pay support. She can work while he has the kids.  I think that would be the fairest resolution.   In many states if you have shared physical custody where you each have the kids half of the time support is considered your own responsibility. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I believe I saw some preview where the visit to the lawyer has taken or will take place.  Absolutely need to stop McKayla's head games and bring her back down to reality.

• Love 11

Hailey is such a sad sack it makes me uncomfortable to watch her. She longs after that useless douchebag Matthew? We never see her smile. Can she be depressed? Does that mean if she has PPD it will be much worse? Maybe she and Kail from Teen Mom can form a support group for Eeyores Everywhere.

Edited by gotta watch
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

Max’s dad talks a good game now, but I can’t help but feel like he’s contributed to his son’s problems in a major way because he was in jail during Max’s younger years, especially since Max’s mother was an addict.

His father was in jail??? I thought Max lived with his father his entire life. (And he looks like a professional kinda guy.)

3 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

-child support is based on the non custodial parent’s earnings. Most states have a set formula. Second child is usually a small percentage higher than the first. For example, first child may be 25% of after taxes earnings and two children is 30%.  

No, in most states it's based on both parents' incomes. They live in Ohio, as do I. And I know it's based on both here bc I'm divorced and went thru the whole process...continue to go thru it every three years.😩

14 hours ago, ghoulina said:

who are all, "We're here now." Why? Because you realized cameras follow your former friend everywhere? 

But Tyra was talking almost as if she was referring to other girls ditching her. Not the girls at the gym. Did she mean those girls at the gym had been her close friends before the pregnancy and were the ones who ditched her? Why didn't she just ask them directly why they ditched her and missed her baby shower? I don't get it.

15 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I didn't get what she was saying about Caelan signing over his name.

She wants to completely change Timmy's name in court so he has only her last name. But she would need Caelan's permission and knows she would not get it. Yeah, she's kinda SoL if he signed their birth certificates.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I really can't figure out why parents in these situations don't just go to court. If someone was keeping me from seeing my kid, I would get help right away. How much do these kids get paid for the show? Is Caelen having trouble affording a lawyer? I really hope it's not a child support issue. 

30 minutes ago, gotta watch said:

Hailey is such a sad sack it makes me uncomfortable to watch her. She longs after that useless douchebag Matthew? We never see her smile. Can she be depressed? Does that mean if she has PPD it will be much worse? Maybe she and Kail from Teen Mom can form a support group for Eeyores Everywhere.

Hailey worries me. She has such a flat effect. Even when she cries, there's little emotion behind her eyes. 

20 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

But Tyra was talking almost as if she was referring to other girls ditching her. Not the girls at the gym. Did she mean those girls at the gym had been her close friends before the pregnancy and were the ones who ditched her? Why didn't she just ask them directly why they ditched her and missed her baby shower? I don't get it.

It was awkward. But I got the impression they were not there for her at the shower. She basically said NO ONE was, but Alex's friends. And her family. But none of HER friends. I felt like she was dancing around the issue, but never came right out and said that it hurt her. But there was an exchange between two of the girls where one was like, "Well, if I KNEW no one was going to shower, I would have gone." It was weird, like they all assumed someone else would go? 

I wonder if their parents had issues with it. Or if they're just those types of girls who don't really want to hang out with you outside of your shared activity. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Did anyone else think the dresses Chloe was trying on looked like they belonged on much older women?  I don't care for visible undergarments and will never be on board with bra straps being part of an outfit, but why on earth was Chloe wearing a bra when trying on those dresses?  It's not like leaving your underwear on when trying on swimsuits. 

Yeah, I thought they were a bit "matronly," as my mother says.

Re wearing a bra: She may need some padding to fill the tops out?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

It was awkward. But I got the impression they were not there for her at the shower. She basically said NO ONE was, but Alex's friends. And her family. But none of HER friends. I felt like she was dancing around the issue, but never came right out and said that it hurt her. But there was an exchange between two of the girls where one was like, "Well, if I KNEW no one was going to shower, I would have gone." It was weird, like they all assumed someone else would go? 

I wonder if their parents had issues with it. Or if they're just those types of girls who don't really want to hang out with you outside of your shared activity. 

Wow, maybe she doesn't have any close friends except the other Hailey? The girls at the gym her just casual acquaintances and didn't realize how much she wanted them at the shower?

• Love 2

Mackayla gets worser and worser every week. I hope Caelan sticks it to her and her rotten grandparents good. And I hope Caelan finds a sharp, got-it-all-together girl to build a real future with (after he gets some actual dating and other real-life experience). Mackayla is an attractive girl, but good luck finding a nice fellow who wants to be saddled  with her and those kids.

The camera people should have told those stupid girls to not put those babies on the swings. They are fucking ridiculous. Don't give your baby steak, indeed. 

And which is the one who was all, like, yeah that's right, my mother got kicked out of her room. She obviously got kicked in the head, too, to allow that bullshit. I wanted to slap the girl, too.

I thought two of Tyra's friends said they had to work that day. And their mums may well have said, nope. We're not supporting that. I wish the best for her, though. 

Chloe is an idiot. I hope she has to go to prom alone and that after she and Max move in together, I hope she comes home one day and finds he sold the refrigerator for drugs. The way Max spoke to his father was sickening and he's a complete idiot. He thinks that if he's not high on a particular day that means he doesn't have a drug problem. If you're on probation and get regularly tested and fail a test, you have a fucking problem.

• Love 20
17 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Wow, maybe she doesn't have any close friends except the other Hailey? The girls at the gym her just casual acquaintances and didn't realize how much she wanted them at the shower?

I think you're confusing Tyra and Hailey #1. Tyra was the one who went back to the gym and was talking about her friends not attending the shower. 

Personally, I wouldn't be so worried about the shower. It's a weird thing to ask teenage girls to attend. And busy schedules could be an issue. I'd judge them more based on how they treated me in general. Did the texts and calls just stop? Did they make any attempts to come meet the new baby? Or was this the first time she had seen them since getting pregnant? I think she may even had said that. 

And, you know what? That may be okay. People grow apart. She has her sister and cousin. She might make new friends with other young moms. If her friends are finishing school and going off to college, they might just end up going their separate ways. 

5 minutes ago, politichick said:

And which is the one who was all, like, yeah that's right, my mother got kicked out of her room. She obviously got kicked in the head, too, to allow that bullshit. I wanted to slap the girl, too.

That was Tyra as well. You know, we were poor growing up. And we never had enough rooms for everyone to have their own room. My mom always made the sacrifices. She once slept in a conversation pit so the two oldest girls could have their own rooms. She has also shared a room AND bed with two of my sisters. I'm not saying it's right; and we certainly didn't ASK. But I think it's what a lot of moms do - give up something for their kids. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think you're confusing Tyra and Hailey #1. Tyra was the one who went back to the gym and was talking about her friends not attending the shower. 

I'm totally getting confused!😆

I think Tyra's sister Tiara is so pretty. And their mother has SO MUCH HAIR! Just throwing that in here.

• Love 1

Grandpa Tim is officially crazy:  "I can't force [Calen] to see his kids"?  On what planet does Caelen not want to see his kids?  Not wanting to see his kids on your terms is a completely different thing altogether from not wanting to see his kids. Dumbass.  

I feel bad for Shelly, but I think she's doing the right thing by starting to detach.  Unless she suspects abuse--of which there's no evidence--she can't go to court. It's up to Caelen, and he, for whatever reason, isn't doing it, so she has no recourse.  It's really sad, but I'm glad she's facing reality and not wallowing in self-pity.

Chloe and Max--holy entitlement.  Chloe is turning into quite the smug little bitch isn't she?  She doesn't understand her mom's one rule?  No bringing this convicted thief into my house.  I don't care how long he's there.  He's a druggie looking for a fix.  It takes just a few seconds to grab whatever looks valuable.  And Max claiming to be clean?  I never believed he was clean for a second.  I think Max is kind of a sociopath. He has no remorse about anything.  He speaks in this monotone about how he has a right to go into Jessica's house because of his daughter.  I want him to go to jail before he does any more damage.  

Hailey looked so pretty in her talking heads with her hair down and post-pregnancy (I'm not giving anything away; I dont know when or whether she gave birth, but in her talking heads, there was no baby bump, so it's just logic).  Not that looks are everything, but I'm glad she has some looks, because she kind of got screwed in the other departments, and I am pretty sure Matthew is going to walk.  I'm glad she got some support from her half-sister this episode, but I am so sick of seeing that stupid baby store, Once Upon A Child, that they all film scenes in and rarely do they buy anything, and...that's not a lot of support.  The sister was being a little bitchy in her support too.  I hate when people tell horror stories about birth, or anything painful to someone who is going to be going through it.  What bad would a little white lie be about giving birth hurting, but not being awful, and the epidural doesn't really hurt?  Why make her nervous just so you can tell war stories?  I would never do that to someone.  If Hailey's sister was going to warn her about something, it should have been to stop wearing that god-awful ugly fan-bun on national TV.  

If I were Tyra, I wouldn't take it personally if my "friends" didn't come to my baby shower.  I'm sure they support her, but they may not support having a baby so young, and that's not personal, but I can understand why she would be marginally hurt.  I don't know what that cheer practice was.  It was all for the cameras.  First of all, her friends were almost all 19 years old, there was no coach, and no one seemed to know how to do anything, except Tyra, and what she did was awesome!  I'm glad she has the support of her family, but once again, a sister has to make a snide remark, something like, "I'm glad you like motherhood, because it just gets harder."  Why would you say such an asshole thing to somebody who just gave birth and is already in a quagmire?  Maybe I value sugar-coating too highly, but once the girl is pregnant or had the baby and it looks like she's gearing up to face the consequences, cut her some slack, dude!

Are we sure Tyra's bitchy sister Tiarra and Matthew's oddly incestuous sister that didn't show up to meet Hailey aren't related?  They seemed like the same person to me.  

Does anyone remember Lilly and the Kennedy/Bennett last name debate from season one?  McKayla and Caelen's baby-naming drama came off to me as a cheap version of that.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

I'm totally getting confused!😆

I think Tyra's sister Tiara is so pretty. And their mother has SO MUCH HAIR! Just throwing that in here.

Same, I'm very jealous of the hair in that family.

I felt a little bad for Tyra not being able to just come out and tell the gym girls that her feelings were hurt. But then again,  she is just a teen and may not have the courage to confront them. It's a strange situation for all these girls - they are moms yet still so emotionally immature .

• Love 4
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Mackayla is an attractive girl, but good luck finding a nice fellow who wants to be saddled  with her and those kids.

Very difficult to see how, at 16, she has a future with any guy.  She may be alone for a very long time.  Of course, she's so pleasant to be around, so willing to help others around her (NOT) that men will flock to her..... again, NOT.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Grandpa Tim is officially crazy:  "I can't force [Calen] to see his kids"?  On what planet does Caelen not want to see his kids?  

I think he said "I can't force Caelen to support his kids." Bc right before that he said he had not asked him for any money. And right after he said, "but the courts can."

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
Just now, BallisticNikki said:

I think he said "I can't force Caelen to support his kids." Bc right before that he said he had not asked him for any money. And right after he said, "but the courts can."

And the courts will, but visitation will be a factor.  McKayla will not win this battle, or the war.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

If I were Tyra, I wouldn't take it personally if my "friends" didn't come to my baby shower.  I'm sure they support her, but they may not support having a baby so young, and that's not personal,

Ughhh I'd be very hurt and pissed off if that were the case. Who are those sanctimonious little twits to judge? Are they all virgins, committed to abstinence til marriage? Jeez. Approve or not, the baby is on its way and a friend should should be there, even if just to offer encouragement or a box of diapers.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

No, in most states it's based on both parents' incomes. They live in Ohio, as do I. And I know it's based on both here bc I'm divorced and went thru the whole process...continue to go thru it every three years.😩

Yes, you are absolutely right. I did not explain it well.  The noncustodial parent will pay the custodial parent , based on earnings. 

• Love 2

I don't think Caelan wants to daddy his kids!  He works, has a home with a social life and that's the way he likes it!   Wasn't part of the problem that he's a video gamer?  Shelley works and I'm sure she just wants visits.

They both like the kids being cared for by MacKala and grandma and grandpa paying all the bills!

Grandma and grandpa love being the heros like they were when they saved MacKayla.

it's a huge screwy relationship all around!

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, b2H said:

Very difficult to see how, at 16, she has a future with any guy.  She may be alone for a very long time.  Of course, she's so pleasant to be around, so willing to help others around her (NOT) that men will flock to her..... again, NOT.

She's 18 now. I predict Tim and Cindy will pay off their house soon (if it's not already paid for) and leave it and everything to McKayla, their golden child, when they die. And until then, she and the kids will live there rent-free and may even be allowed to invite her new bfs to stay there, too. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

She's 18 now. I predict Tim and Cindy will pay off their house soon (if it's not already paid for) and leave it and everything to McKayla, their golden child, when they die. And until then, she and the kids will live there rent-free and may even be allowed to invite her new bfs to stay there, too. 

That's if they don't go through all the money should either of the grandparents get seriously ill.  There may not be anything to hand down.  McKayla will still have to pay the taxes and utilities and such, in addition to whatever other expenses she might have (at least there won't be any more 'push' presents, which I think is something she made up).

So this will not be the answer to her troubles.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, b2H said:

That's if they don't go through all the money should either of the grandparents get seriously ill. 

Well, Tim does have cirrhosis and Cindy a case of terminal meth face, but I think the latter is more of a benign condition.

Who are those sanctimonious little twits to judge? Are they all virgins, committed to abstinence til marriage? Jeez. Approve or not, the baby is on its way and a friend should should be there, even if just to offer encouragement or a box of diapers.

I don't know what is sanctimonious about having the attitude that you are my friend and I care about your well-being, but I don't support your choice to celebrate the fact that you are having a child out of wedlock with no money and little support.

Sanctimonious means making a show that you are morally superior to other people.  Abstaining from attending the baby shower is kind of the opposite of sanctimony.  The girls in questions were avoiding a show (literal and figurative), and there's no evidence they feel morally superior.

The friends very well might be virgins until marriage.  That's common enough.

Or they might be practicing safe sex, with the idea that if their birth control method were to fail (which happens only .1% of the time with IUDs), they would keep it quiet and give the baby up for adoption.

The possibilities are endless as to why someone might abstain from a teen baby shower.  Everyone has a choice as to how they govern themselves.  Tyra has the right to celebrate it, and her friends have the right not to attend for whatever reason.  Buying a box of diapers is tacit support of the choice to bring a baby into this world on the brink of poverty.  I'm not sure I would have supported it at 19.  I would have distanced myself from the whole thing, much like the friends.

I definitely wouldn't support it now, and I'm not a virgin.  And I'm not sanctimonious either, because I never make a show when I feel morally superior.  I keep it to myself. 🙄

• Love 10

Ughhh I'd be very hurt and pissed off if that were the case. Who are those sanctimonious little twits to judge? Are they all virgins, committed to abstinence til marriage? Jeez. Approve or not, the baby is on its way and a friend should should be there, even if just to offer encouragement or a box of diapers.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge these girls either.  Tyra was right when she was talking about how they may have been just out doing regular, teenage things and couldn't come.  I thought she handed the whole thing pretty well.  She said what she needed to say and time to move on.  It doesn't have to be some nefarious, judgmental reason why they didn't show.  Baby showers, other than close relatives, aren't really on most teenagers' schedules.   And they shouldn't be, IMO.

And maybe they just felt awkward about the whole thing and didn't know how to handle it.  Tyra gets leeway for being young, immature, and not handling everything perfectly, but these girls, who don't have the benefit of a POV on a TV show to explain themselves aren't afforded that same leeway?  When I was 17 and a Junior in HS, my 18 year old Senior cousin had a baby and all of a sudden I didn't know how to talk to her anymore.  We'd always been close, but I had no idea about a boyfriend and baby until she couldn't hide it anymore.  If I'd had a choice, I might have not gone to her baby shower because I was a little hurt and it was awkward.  Plus, I had to miss a previously scheduled school event that was deemed "not as important" by my parents.  It took a while for us to figure out the new dynamics of our relationship.  She had to grow up and deal with things that placed her on an entirely different level than me, but still in HS same as me.  Maybe these girls don't know how to relate to Tyra anymore and don't know how to express that.  I'm not going to judge them for that.  I'm also not going to judge Tyra for not considering that either.  

I think Tyra's okay, but her whole situation is sad to me.  It's like she never imagined anything else for herself other than to be a teen parent.  And part of me thinks she felt left out of the sister and cousin already having a baby and wanted to fit in because being a teen mother is totally normal and expected in that family.  Also, it's scary that they all now have daughters themselves.  Are they just going to raise them to continue the tradition?  And the fact that she was pregnant once and miscarried, but does nothing to try to prevent another pregnancy?  She knew what would happen.  She's dim, but not that stupid.  Not "Unexpected" at all.

Chloe's smug face can get off my screen any day now.  If it wasn't for the fact that baby Ava would also suffer, I would be totally rooting for her and also super smug Max to suffer the most extreme reality check as possible.  If I were Jessica, I would have told Chloe that since she can't follow their one simple rule, then she should give up her house key and she can only be there when her parents were.  I wanted to smack her in the face when she was all "If I need Max to help me in the house, then I should be able to do that."  NOPE.  Not when it's not your house and you ain't paying the mortgage sweetheart.  And Max's bullshit:  "I just thought it was a cute picture with my daughter."  Whatever, dude.  You just wanted to have another way to stick it to Jessica to punish her for not liking you.  Or maybe it was to punish her for getting him hooked on drugs.  Didn't he say it was ALL Chloe's parents fault that he's an addict.  That they dared to not like him and want him to go to his own home sometimes and not constantly be up in their space? 

Whatever Jessica and her husband's faults may be, they stood up and refused to let Chloe and Max play house in their home and, Max, and Chloe to a lesser degree, have resented them for it ever since.  And good for them.  They have another child to be concerned about especially when Max has more than proved himself to be a shady borderline sociopath.  I don't even believe he likes Chloe as much as he wants her family unit.  He wanted Chloe to get pregnant to tie himself to that family, not just to Chloe.  He didn't plan for Jessica and Nate not just going along for the ride.  Chloe and Max expected Chloe's parents to just do what so many of these other idiot parents do and let these guys just move in like there's no other option.  Newsflash: the boys can still be a father without living with these girls.  And if that's not okay with them, then get your own place to stay.

• Love 18

Tyra made an issue out of the shower, but also said all her friends stopped talking to her when she found out she was pregnant. So IF that is true it would be a bigger deal than just not being available for a party. But I think that whole thing was made up, given the friends seemed fake & hired, & the whole thing was made right too easily after it was supposedly such a big deal.

The cheer crap made me think she's trying to have someone notice her, like maybe performing for a scholarship or something, which probably won't happen from a postpartum teevee 'tryout'.

I want to hear what "terrible things" Shelly has said to make her such an evil monster to McKayla - I'm just curious like that.

I also can't stand Eeyore anymore - Matt is just not worth it. Such a shame she procreated with that loser.

Chloe's a spoiled, unappreciative brat IMO. I could care less she misses prom - tough. She chose to stay with that loser & bring the baby around him after he assaulted her. If she hadn't had enough consequences with that little number, maybe missing prom (insert sarcastic tone) will do it. 🙄

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

Tim said verbatim, "At some point in his life he's gonna regret not being more involved with Timmy and now the new baby.  He'll regret it somewhere down the road, but I'm not going to try to force him to spend time with them or anything.  Or force him to give her money.  Like I said, at some point, the courts'll do that."

So, in a nutshell, either Tim is delusional or Caelen and his mom are out-and-out liars.  I know where I stand.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

I wouldn't be so quick to judge these girls either.  Tyra was right when she was talking about how they may have been just out doing regular, teenage things and couldn't come.  I thought she handed the whole thing pretty well.  She said what she needed to say and time to move on.  It doesn't have to be some nefarious, judgmental reason why they didn't show.  Baby showers, other than close relatives, aren't really on most teenagers' schedules.   And they shouldn't be, IMO.

And maybe they just felt awkward about the whole thing and didn't know how to handle it.  Tyra gets leeway for being young, immature, and not handling everything perfectly, but these girls, who don't have the benefit of a POV on a TV show to explain themselves aren't afforded that same leeway?  When I was 17 and a Junior in HS, my 18 year old Senior cousin had a baby and all of a sudden I didn't know how to talk to her anymore.  We'd always been close, but I had no idea about a boyfriend and baby until she couldn't hide it anymore.  If I'd had a choice, I might have not gone to her baby shower because I was a little hurt and it was awkward.  Plus, I had to miss a previously scheduled school event that was deemed "not as important" by my parents.  It took a while for us to figure out the new dynamics of our relationship.  She had to grow up and deal with things that placed her on an entirely different level than me, but still in HS same as me.  Maybe these girls don't know how to relate to Tyra anymore and don't know how to express that.  I'm not going to judge them for that.  I'm also not going to judge Tyra for not considering that either.  

I think Tyra's okay, but her whole situation is sad to me.  It's like she never imagined anything else for herself other than to be a teen parent.  And part of me thinks she felt left out of the sister and cousin already having a baby and wanted to fit in because being a teen mother is totally normal and expected in that family.  Also, it's scary that they all now have daughters themselves.  Are they just going to raise them to continue the tradition?  And the fact that she was pregnant once and miscarried, but does nothing to try to prevent another pregnancy?  She knew what would happen.  She's dim, but not that stupid.  Not "Unexpected" at all.

Chloe's smug face can get off my screen any day now.  If it wasn't for the fact that baby Ava would also suffer, I would be totally rooting for her and also super smug Max to suffer the most extreme reality check as possible.  If I were Jessica, I would have told Chloe that since she can't follow their one simple rule, then she should give up her house key and she can only be there when her parents were.  I wanted to smack her in the face when she was all "If I need Max to help me in the house, then I should be able to do that."  NOPE.  Not when it's not your house and you ain't paying the mortgage sweetheart.  And Max's bullshit:  "I just thought it was a cute picture with my daughter."  Whatever, dude.  You just wanted to have another way to stick it to Jessica to punish her for not liking you.  Or maybe it was to punish her for getting him hooked on drugs.  Didn't he say it was ALL Chloe's parents fault that he's an addict.  That they dared to not like him and want him to go to his own home sometimes and not constantly be up in their space? 

Whatever Jessica and her husband's faults may be, they stood up and refused to let Chloe and Max play house in their home and, Max, and Chloe to a lesser degree, have resented them for it ever since.  And good for them.  They have another child to be concerned about especially when Max has more than proved himself to be a shady borderline sociopath.  I don't even believe he likes Chloe as much as he wants her family unit.  He wanted Chloe to get pregnant to tie himself to that family, not just to Chloe.  He didn't plan for Jessica and Nate not just going along for the ride.  Chloe and Max expected Chloe's parents to just do what so many of these other idiot parents do and let these guys just move in like there's no other option.  Newsflash: the boys can still be a father without living with these girls.  And if that's not okay with them, then get your own place to stay.

Excellent post. I don't think baby showers should be on teen girls' schedules, either. And given every woman in that family was a teen mom, maybe the girls' mothers forbade them from going to the shower. My mother probably would not have let me be friends with Tyra and her teen mum sister and cousin and this business of miscarrying and getting pregnant again. Like, WTAF?

I don't care for Jessica and what's his name, but also applaud them for not allowing Chloe and Max to play house in their house like these other stupid people do.

I know mothers make sacrifices for their kids, especially if they don't have a lot of material assets, but you can bet your boots that if I had gotten pregnant as a teen, no fucking way would my mother, had she been a single mom, given up her bedroom for me or as the girl put it, "get kicked out." Never mind the fact that my parents would not have allowed me to even go through with the pregnancy.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

There is no way in hell my parents would have let me go to a baby shower at 16, and paid for diapers for someone!  And I think that throwing a baby shower for a 16 year old is ridiculous anyway. Sorry, celebrating the fact you got knocked up in high school is a horrible idea. Case in point Tyra, and her sister, and her cousin!

• Love 12
6 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I want to hear what "terrible things" Shelly has said to make her such an evil monster to McKayla - I'm just curious like that.

At that dinner, Shelly said something about how if Caelan is out of the picture, McKayla is going to realize she's the problem and not him, and she needs to get help, or something along those lines.  I thought it was pretty harsh.  Not unwarranted, of course (although I think Caelan is definitely part of the problem), but I think that's what prompted McKayla to storm out, and I doubt she's forgotten it.

• Love 2

At that dinner, Shelly said something about how if Caelan is out of the picture, McKayla is going to realize she's the problem and not him, and she needs to get help, or something along those lines.  I thought it was pretty harsh.  Not unwarranted, of course (although I think Caelan is definitely part of the problem), but I think that's what prompted McKayla to storm out, and I doubt she's forgotten it.

There have been harsh things said on both sides. McKayla and her whole family have repeatedly called Caelan a shit father. So McKayla needs to climb off her high horse. Pretty harsh would be pointing how incredibly trashy and low class this entire situation is, and how those poor little kids are already screwed for life when they're barely out of the womb. And how McKayla and Caelan used no birth control either time and so basically made two kids on purpose in this shit situation. Both those sweet babies should be given up for adoption. That's a harsh thing to say. What Shelley said was barely throwing shade McKayla's way. But she is wrong about the whole problem being McKayla. Both McKayla and Caelan are at fault. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

There have been harsh things said on both sides. McKayla and her whole family have repeatedly called Caelan a shit father. So McKayla needs to climb off her high horse. Pretty harsh would be pointing how incredibly trashy and low class this entire situation is, and how those poor little kids are already screwed for life when they're barely out of the womb. And how McKayla and Caelan used no birth control either time and so basically made two kids on purpose in this shit situation. Both those sweet babies should be given up for adoption. That's a harsh thing to say. What Shelley said was barely throwing shade McKayla's way. But she is wrong about the whole problem being McKayla. Both McKayla and Caelan are at fault. 

No they sure aren't ready to be parents.  They just shifted the weight of parenthood to MacKayla s grandparents who foolishly accepted it!

I predict a baby #3 will follow!  Why not?  No responsibility there!

• Love 4
On 9/29/2019 at 11:06 PM, ghoulina said:

She only cares about sticking it to Caelen

Yes. If I didn't care about kids, I'd wish McKayla's next 4 kids are fathered by a Max type. 

She may come to regret her choices by age 30 or so when grandparents are deceased or handicapped by old age and there's not a good man to be found. She hasn't learned what bad is yet.

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 8

I do think a 16-year old should have a baby shower - she is going to need stuff for her baby no matter what, and has even less resources than a properly married expectant mom.  Should we be glorifying teen pregnancy - absolutely not!  But obviously in her familial unit this is not out of the norm, which is very sad.  I would like to see them feature a relative who has NOT had a child!

I wasn't married when I had my child (of course I was 38).  I had two showers - guess I was lucky that I had good friends.  I'm sure people judged me (heck, I judged myself!) but choosing to have my child was the best decision of my life.  Babies are proof that God is still in the miracle business!

• Love 8
16 hours ago, KBrownie said:

My goodness, I can’t like this post enough!  No your ass cannot live here. I’ve known dozens of girls to get pregnant in high school, but only one instance where the boy moved in.  That just was not done.  

• Love 8