Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Don't Give Your Baby Steak

• Start Topic

^^^^

Yeah, right? Now that I see how Chloe doesn't respect her parents' authority, it's no wonder that they are frustrated. I thought they were the problem last season, but now I see how Chloe manipulates things to make them go her way. She didn't miss a beat between sneaking Max into the house and talking about sneaking him into prom, did she? If anyone gets knocked up again after McKayla, my money's on Chloe.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

I do think a 16-year old should have a baby shower - she is going to need stuff for her baby no matter what, and has even less resources than a properly married expectant mom.  Should we be glorifying teen pregnancy - absolutely not!  But obviously in her familial unit this is not out of the norm, which is very sad.  I would like to see them feature a relative who has NOT had a child!

I wasn't married when I had my child (of course I was 38).  I had two showers - guess I was lucky that I had good friends.  I'm sure people judged me (heck, I judged myself!) but choosing to have my child was the best decision of my life.  Babies are proof that God is still in the miracle business!

I personally am not saying she shouldn't have a baby shower, but it's not the responsibility of any other teenage girls to provide her with financial, material, or emotional support when they are all still dealing with their own trials and tribulations regarding adolescence.   If they wanted to attend and bring a gift, fine.  But, if they didn't for whatever reason, it's no mark against the type of people they are just because they didn't go to a baby shower. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, b2H said:

That's if they don't go through all the money should either of the grandparents get seriously ill.  There may not be anything to hand down.  McKayla will still have to pay the taxes and utilities and such, in addition to whatever other expenses she might have (at least there won't be any more 'push' presents, which I think is something she made up).

So this will not be the answer to her troubles.

She'll be getting child support from Caelen, remember. And i'm sure whatever guy she's with will have a job.

No, push presents are definitely a thing. But normally, the child's father gifts the mother the push present. It's less common for the woman to buy it for herself.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

At that dinner, Shelly said something about how if Caelan is out of the picture, McKayla is going to realize she's the problem and not him, and she needs to get help, or something along those lines.  I thought it was pretty harsh.  Not unwarranted, of course (although I think Caelan is definitely part of the problem), but I think that's what prompted McKayla to storm out, and I doubt she's forgotten it.

I understand where Shelly was coming from & agree with her that McKayla has issues, but declaring her a broken little girl in front of everyone & the world I agree was harsh. If I were to put myself in McKayla's position, & I was not a teen mom but there were issues stemming from childhood abuse, it would've pushed me far away from her as well. 

Hear me out...

McKayla's been through stuff - we don't know what her father was like before his death. We do know some of Shannon's problems & abandoning her kids to the grands, who then spoiled her (& seemingly only her - but we don't know). We also know Grandpa Tim had a drinking problem & a hot, even sounds like violent, temper due to his treatment of McK's brother.  She's witnessed all of this. McK mentioned she had to make Caelen leave when he spanked Timmy too hard/long (& good for her booting him out if that's what happened - Timmy is just a baby FFS). Makes me think Mr. Perfect might have a temper too. She also mentioned there were many things said sans cameras we're not privy to, & that's really what I was referring to being curious about. I know we just have the show to go by, but these shows do skew things to their liking. I had to shut the door on certain people in my life who looked like the loveliest of folks to the rest of the world, but they didn't know the ugly part of them as I did, so as much as I feel for Shelly & Caelen, just from bits & pieces I've put together - from the show - I am also a bit wary.

22 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

I personally am not saying she shouldn't have a baby shower, but it's not the responsibility of any other teenage girls to provide her with financial, material, or emotional support when they are all still dealing with their own trials and tribulations regarding adolescence.   If they wanted to attend and bring a gift, fine.  But, if they didn't for whatever reason, it's no mark against the type of people they are just because they didn't go to a baby shower. 

But that's a main reason we have friends - emotional support. Even in high school. And aren't they 18? I'm sure they all have cars, jobs and reasons to be out of the house so I doubt they'd have to ask their moms for permission to attend.

To me, it's not just the shower; she said they just abandoned her completely for the entire pregnancy. That is a SHITTY friend. 

I think seeing a friend go thru the misery of an unplanned teen pregnancy can be just as effective as a form of "birth control" as being sheltered from it by righteously indignant parents. But either way, I guess I'm just a ride or die kinda friend.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

We also know Grandpa Tim had a drinking problem & a hot, even sounds like violent, temper due to his treatment of McK's brother. 

Makes me think Mr. Perfect might have a temper too. She also mentioned there were many things said sans cameras we're not privy to, & that's really what I was referring to being curious about. 

What did Tim do to McKayla's brother? I missed that part. I don't think I watched last season.

Isn't there a long history of Caelen cheating on McKayla? Or them cheating on each other? That's got to add a whole other layer or resentment to their relationship beyond her being angry that he's always at work or doesn't help w/ the kids or whatever she's mad at him about.

Anyone else think Caelen is getting better looking?🤨

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

But that's a main reason we have friends - emotional support. Even in high school. And aren't they 18? I'm sure they all have cars, jobs and reasons to be out of the house so I doubt they'd have to ask their moms for permission to attend.

To me, it's not just the shower; she said they just abandoned her completely for the entire pregnancy. That is a SHITTY friend. 

I think seeing a friend go thru the misery of an unplanned teen pregnancy can be just as effective as a form of "birth control" as being sheltered from it by righteously indignant parents. But either way, I guess I'm just a ride or die kinda friend.

You're only looking at this from Tyra's biased perspective.  And Tyra has shown herself to have a little trouble with the truth.  You, and no one else, knows anything about why any of those girls didn't show up.  Sure, it could be they don't want to be associated with Tyra, or it could be as simple as they had something else planned.  It isn't the end of the world.  Maybe Tyra is the kind of friend that wants you to show up for her, but doesn't show up for anyone else and that's why they didn't come.  There's just not enough to determine that they aren't "ride or die" because of missing a baby shower.  Tyra should just be thankful for who did come and what she got and move on.  If she doesn't want to be friends anymore with whoever didn't come, then that's fine. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

What did Tim do to McKayla's brother? I missed that part. I don't think I watched last season.

Isn't there a long history of Caelen cheating on McKayla? Or them cheating on each other? That's got to add a whole other layer or resentment to their relationship beyond her being angry that he's always at work or doesn't help w/ the kids or whatever she's mad at him about.

Anyone else think Caelen is getting better looking?🤨

McKayla's brother has ADD or ADHD & his behavior is difficult - not an excuse but grandpa Tim apparently choked him & the police were called. I don't think he was arrested, but to witness violence w/in your family is quite traumatic. I also have special needs kids who are difficult at times, & so I call that as absolutely no excuse - he was out of control & probably scary AF in that moment.

See I do recall things being said about Caelen that weren't too pretty, nor was his behavior in an earlier season, before Timmy was born. Someone up thread mentioned he's a gamer, & McKayla has said Caelen wants to spend time alone when he gets home so basically he's never really there for them, other than a paycheck. Lots of men feel if they're providing they can do whatever they want - it varies in the extent & what they are doing but regardless it's not a pretty life for the wife & kids.

Caelen will probably fully come into his looks in his 30s/early 40s - peak time for men. I thought as a couple they look 'pretty' together & would've been a a very attractive family, but IMO they're both too young with too many issues to be with anyone right now.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

Truth about the teenage girls.  I do think that Tyra was truly hurt that these girls with whom she apparently spent most of her time in cheer and gymnastics did not continue being close once she got pregnant.  She's young and at that age you think your friends are going to be your friends forever.

I sort of remember thinking that McKayla dated someone while she and Caelyn were apart but nothing about Caelyn - although my brain is a slippery slope some days!  I see where Shellie was coming from about McKayla being broken but she certainly didn't phrase it well and it probably wasn't the right time or place to bring that up.  Kind of sad because at one time it seemed Shellie and McKayla had a pretty decent relationship...until Shannon came back into the picture.  Shellie's filter seems to be pretty broken when it comes to speaking what she perceives as her truth.  And yes, I think Caelyn has lost some weight and looks better than he did - plus as he matures his face is thinning out.

Whew!  Glad my daughter is beyond the teen pregnancy danger years.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, KBrownie said:

I wouldn't be so quick to judge these girls either.  Tyra was right when she was talking about how they may have been just out doing regular, teenage things and couldn't come.  I thought she handed the whole thing pretty well.  She said what she needed to say and time to move on.  It doesn't have to be some nefarious, judgmental reason why they didn't show.  Baby showers, other than close relatives, aren't really on most teenagers' schedules.   And they shouldn't be, IMO.

And maybe they just felt awkward about the whole thing and didn't know how to handle it.  Tyra gets leeway for being young, immature, and not handling everything perfectly, but these girls, who don't have the benefit of a POV on a TV show to explain themselves aren't afforded that same leeway?  When I was 17 and a Junior in HS, my 18 year old Senior cousin had a baby and all of a sudden I didn't know how to talk to her anymore.  We'd always been close, but I had no idea about a boyfriend and baby until she couldn't hide it anymore.  If I'd had a choice, I might have not gone to her baby shower because I was a little hurt and it was awkward.  Plus, I had to miss a previously scheduled school event that was deemed "not as important" by my parents.  It took a while for us to figure out the new dynamics of our relationship.  She had to grow up and deal with things that placed her on an entirely different level than me, but still in HS same as me.  Maybe these girls don't know how to relate to Tyra anymore and don't know how to express that.  I'm not going to judge them for that.  I'm also not going to judge Tyra for not considering that either.  

I think Tyra's okay, but her whole situation is sad to me.  It's like she never imagined anything else for herself other than to be a teen parent.  And part of me thinks she felt left out of the sister and cousin already having a baby and wanted to fit in because being a teen mother is totally normal and expected in that family.  Also, it's scary that they all now have daughters themselves.  Are they just going to raise them to continue the tradition?  And the fact that she was pregnant once and miscarried, but does nothing to try to prevent another pregnancy?  She knew what would happen.  She's dim, but not that stupid.  Not "Unexpected" at all.

Chloe's smug face can get off my screen any day now.  If it wasn't for the fact that baby Ava would also suffer, I would be totally rooting for her and also super smug Max to suffer the most extreme reality check as possible.  If I were Jessica, I would have told Chloe that since she can't follow their one simple rule, then she should give up her house key and she can only be there when her parents were.  I wanted to smack her in the face when she was all "If I need Max to help me in the house, then I should be able to do that."  NOPE.  Not when it's not your house and you ain't paying the mortgage sweetheart.  And Max's bullshit:  "I just thought it was a cute picture with my daughter."  Whatever, dude.  You just wanted to have another way to stick it to Jessica to punish her for not liking you.  Or maybe it was to punish her for getting him hooked on drugs.  Didn't he say it was ALL Chloe's parents fault that he's an addict.  That they dared to not like him and want him to go to his own home sometimes and not constantly be up in their space? 

Whatever Jessica and her husband's faults may be, they stood up and refused to let Chloe and Max play house in their home and, Max, and Chloe to a lesser degree, have resented them for it ever since.  And good for them.  They have another child to be concerned about especially when Max has more than proved himself to be a shady borderline sociopath.  I don't even believe he likes Chloe as much as he wants her family unit.  He wanted Chloe to get pregnant to tie himself to that family, not just to Chloe.  He didn't plan for Jessica and Nate not just going along for the ride.  Chloe and Max expected Chloe's parents to just do what so many of these other idiot parents do and let these guys just move in like there's no other option.  Newsflash: the boys can still be a father without living with these girls.  And if that's not okay with them, then get your own place to stay.

Great post! re: bolded-I agree that Tyra's friends probably felt awkward, and welcomed the chance to work or go to practice or wash their hair or do anything that kept them from attending. They're high school girls. The world of diapers and bottles and day care is a different world than theirs. At any age, friendships shift and change when babies enter the picture. I was glad to see that Tyra was welcomed back into their midst and encouraged in her efforts to get back in cheer shape.

Chloe was full of shit. Full stop. "I just needed him to hold her a second while I got the diaper bag packed." Doesn't wash, dear. Put the baby in the playpen or in a bouncy seat. On the floor, if she's not crawling yet. Taking a lot of extra time to do simple routine tasks is part of life when you have an infant or toddler. Adapt. And Max is full of shit too. But we all know that already.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, b2H said:

Very difficult to see how, at 16, she has a future with any guy.  She may be alone for a very long time.  Of course, she's so pleasant to be around, so willing to help others around her (NOT) that men will flock to her..... again, NOT.

I've known some bitchy women in my day, they ALWAYS are able to find a man. Either they find men who enjoy this type of personality, or one who suffers in silence and puts up with this stuff because the woman is "hot." They're out there, she won't be alone.

• Love 1

Re: baby showers for teen girls. I'm kind of torn on the issue. On the one hand, I don't like the idea of anything that glamourizes teen pregnancy. I fear if they are coddled and everyone takes care of everything, it will seem like a good idea to others. 

However, the baby didn't ask for this. If mom struggles, baby struggles. Maybe once the horse is already out of the barn, we should support these moms so the cycle doesn't repeat itself? Maybe we have to find that middle ground between coddling and shunning. 

That being said, no one is ever obligated to go to anyone's baby shower - teen mom or not. But I also think that we can support the people we care about, without agreeing with all of their life choices. I had my first child out of wedlock - albeit at age 28 and I'm still with the same man 13 years and 2 more kids later. My father hasn't spoken to me because of this. For over 10 years. it hurts. It really hurts. 

I do feel for Tyra. Even if her friends don't have a moral issue with her pregnancy, she's clearly feeling some guilt over it. What's done is done. Compassion and help are what is going to keep people from continuing down a bad path. I think these shows are the wrong kind of help, though. They allow the girls to wallow in their poor choices instead of overcoming them.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

You're only looking at this from Tyra's biased perspective.  And Tyra has shown herself to have a little trouble with the truth.  You, and no one else, knows anything about why any of those girls didn't show up.  Sure, it could be they don't want to be associated with Tyra, or it could be as simple as they had something else planned.  It isn't the end of the world.  Maybe Tyra is the kind of friend that wants you to show up for her, but doesn't show up for anyone else and that's why they didn't come.  There's just not enough to determine that they aren't "ride or die" because of missing a baby shower.  Tyra should just be thankful for who did come and what she got and move on.  If she doesn't want to be friends anymore with whoever didn't come, then that's fine. 

No, I'm not looking at it only from Tyra's POV. I was the best friend who just left for college whose bff got knocked up w/ her D-bag on-again-off-again. I was horrified! But was I there? Yep! The first professional photographs that kid had, he was wearing the little outfit I bought. He's 27 now and me and his mom are still bffs.❤️

I said my opinion is not only about the friends having missed the baby shower. It's that they abandoned her for the entire pregnancy. I know something could have come up and they had to miss the shower. My post was in response to someone saying the friends were right to not celebrate or condone her pregnancy. That's was where my "judgy, shitty friend" sentiment came in.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

It's that they abandoned her for the entire pregnancy.

According to whom? 

Tyra and no one else.  I.e. Tyra's perspective has only been the one being considered when it comes to these other girls. 

Never mind the fact that she really shouldn't be looking to them for any real, heavy support during her pregnancy.  She had her family and Alex.  Those girls are not responsible or obligated to Tyra for anything.  Did she reach out to them and they rebuffed her?  We just don't know, but these poor teen girls are being painted with such a wide, negative brush for daring to live their own lives.  

Edited by KBrownie
Missing comma
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

According to whom? 

Tyra and no one else.  I.e. Tyra's perspective has only been the one being considered when it comes to these other girls. 

Never mind the fact that she really shouldn't be looking to them for any real, heavy support during her pregnancy.  She had her family and Alex.  Those girls are not responsible or obligated to Tyra for anything.  Did she reach out to them and they rebuffed her?  We just don't know, but these poor teen girls are being painted with such a wide negative brush for daring to live their own lives.  

The way they were all speaking, you could tell they had not seen Tyra in a while and had not seen the baby. They had a Talking Head and did not object to Tyra's assessment. In fact, they sheepishly admitted they'd dropped the ball on the baby shower.

But I'm not even referring necessarily to only those two girls at the gym.) To me, it would suck to be abandoned by friends during a time like this. In reading some of these comments, tho, I see not everyone's idea of friendship is the same; I am beginning to understand how a situation like this can happen.

I don't see Alex being much of a support to anyone, even tho he might want to be.

• Love 2

I don’t care for Jessica but if my daughter had a addict boyfriend who was arrested for stealing someone’s credit card I wouldn’t want him in my house, either. How do I know he won’t steal from me? She misses me with her whole senior moments thing, though. 

Edited by UBT
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Re: baby showers for teen girls. I'm kind of torn on the issue. On the one hand, I don't like the idea of anything that glamourizes teen pregnancy. I fear if they are coddled and everyone takes care of everything, it will seem like a good idea to others. 

However, the baby didn't ask for this. If mom struggles, baby struggles. Maybe once the horse is already out of the barn, we should support these moms so the cycle doesn't repeat itself? Maybe we have to find that middle ground between coddling and shunning. 

That being said, no one is ever obligated to go to anyone's baby shower - teen mom or not. But I also think that we can support the people we care about, without agreeing with all of their life choices. I had my first child out of wedlock - albeit at age 28 and I'm still with the same man 13 years and 2 more kids later. My father hasn't spoken to me because of this. For over 10 years. it hurts. It really hurts. 

I do feel for Tyra. Even if her friends don't have a moral issue with her pregnancy, she's clearly feeling some guilt over it. What's done is done. Compassion and help are what is going to keep people from continuing down a bad path. I think these shows are the wrong kind of help, though. They allow the girls to wallow in their poor choices instead of overcoming them.

Feeling kind of the same, but I will say the showers don't have to be catered events with special order cakes, etc. These girls all seem to have the works. I think a simpler, low key, get together at the house should be good enough.

• Love 9

Max deliberately posted that picture to get under their skin. He said he doesn’t care what the parents say, it’s his daughter and he’ll post what he wants when he wants. Ultimate disrespect. He’s an ass. I’m sure he’ll been even more assy when he’s sober. I feel bad for his dad. Losing a wife to drugs and then having a son who uses must be horrible. I hoe he sticks to the tough love plan. It’s Max’s only hope. Chloe is delusional for picturing her happily ever after with that loser. 

McKayla is a C-word  I don’t often use that word and reserve it for the worst of the worst. She’s it! Caelen & Shelly get to an attorney ASAP!!! McKayla will be playing these head games until a judge puts a stop to it. I thought the Grandparents had more sense than to allow that shit  to go on. But ,then again, they raised that spoiled brat.

I had such hope for Tyra but now I’m not so sure. The baby in the swing at the park was no bueno. The girlfriends with the full-on makeup were so obvious. If the girlfriends are all into cheer, why are they all so chubby? Tyra is the thinnest of the bunch and she just spit out a kid. (I hope they read here) 

Hailey & Hailey 2.0 who cares? 

Rilah who?

• Love 4
On 9/30/2019 at 12:52 PM, Medsed said:

If Caelan and the little spoiled brat get joint custody or equal time with the kids there's no reason for him to pay support. She can work while he has the kids.  I think that would be the fairest resolution.   In many states if you have shared physical custody where you each have the kids half of the time support is considered your own responsibility. 

This is true. At worst, he may have to pay for a while until she’s settled with a job but she def won’t get a free ride. I doubt McK wants to work. She’s too pampered. She’d probably quickly change her tune with just the threat of Family Court. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

At that dinner, Shelly said something about how if Caelan is out of the picture, McKayla is going to realize she's the problem and not him, and she needs to get help, or something along those lines.  I thought it was pretty harsh.  Not unwarranted, of course (although I think Caelan is definitely part of the problem), but I think that's what prompted McKayla to storm out, and I doubt she's forgotten it.

It was harsh but I can’t blame Shelly for finally erupting.  McKayla has been jerking her son around since before Timmy was born. Someone needed to state the obvious. It fell on deaf ears but at least she got to blow off some steam. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

She'll be getting child support from Caelen, remember. And i'm sure whatever guy she's with will have a job.

No, push presents are definitely a thing. But normally, the child's father gifts the mother the push present. It's less common for the woman to buy it for herself.

Unless you’re McKayla and the whole fucking world revolves around you. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

"I understand where Shelly was coming from & agree with her that McKayla has issues, but declaring her a broken little girl in front of everyone & the world I agree was harsh. If I were to put myself in McKayla's position, & I was not a teen mom but there were issues stemming from childhood abuse, it would've pushed me far away from her as well. "

I might be wrong, but Shelly calling her a "broken little girl" to me at the time, came across as sympathetic of McKayla while also saying she needed to get her shit together.  It was overstepping probably, but I honestly felt like her saying it that way acknowledged she had a bad childhood but that didn't excuse her from her current life. YMMV, of course. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by 3outta5
formatting
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, nytonc said:

This is true. At worst, he may have to pay for a while until she’s settled with a job but she def won’t get a free ride. I doubt McK wants to work. She’s too pampered. She’d probably quickly change her tune with just the threat of Family Court. 

I wonder if she realizes that once court is involved, she can't withhold visitation based on her mood? I honestly think she believes she'll be able to have a child support order put in place and still be able to dictate where and when Caelen sees the kids. Oh! To be a fly on the wall when an attorney lays it all out for her!

• Love 7
15 hours ago, nytonc said:

McKayla is a C-word  I don’t often use that word and reserve it for the worst of the worst. She’s it! Caelen & Shelly get to an attorney ASAP!!! McKayla will be playing these head games until a judge puts a stop to it. I thought the Grandparents had more sense than to allow that shit  to go on. But ,then again, they raised that spoiled brat.

They are maybe a 1/2% better than she is.  And that's being nice.  They have serious issues and raised Shannon and now McKayla.  Nothing is McKayla's fault to them and 100% of anyone's problem is Caelyn.  Hell, they probably encourage it. 

• Love 6
On 9/30/2019 at 4:53 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I don't think Caelan wants to daddy his kids!  He works, has a home with a social life and that's the way he likes it!   Wasn't part of the problem that he's a video gamer?  Shelley works and I'm sure she just wants visits.

They both like the kids being cared for by MacKala and grandma and grandpa paying all the bills!

Grandma and grandpa love being the heros like they were when they saved MacKayla.

it's a huge screwy relationship all around!

I have to disagree. I see Caelan wanting to take care of his kids. All we hear on the show is McKayla's version. Watching her youtube videos show a completely different story. She wanted Caelan to work all day and as soon as he got home she expected him to make dinner and take care of Timmy all night and let her have the nights off. All he said he wanted was a little time to relax first. According to her, once Timmy could walk he was too big and active for her to take care of. So she would go to her grandparents all day for help. She was a stay at home mom who never took care of her own kid. My husband is a video gamer also, but that has never stopped him from taking care of our kids. But if McKayla wanted to be a stay at home mom she really should have spent more time taking care of her child and not expecting everyone else to do it. Her idea of giving him lunch was to give him a few cold veinna sausages out of a can with some applesauce. 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Feeling kind of the same, but I will say the showers don't have to be catered events with special order cakes, etc. These girls all seem to have the works. I think a simpler, low key, get together at the house should be good enough.

Agreed. But it's like everything these days has to be so OTT. You've got homecoming and promposals, then prom itself. Parents are spending SO much money and putting in SO much effort. I think teens just expect it any more. I don't like it. Pregnant or not. LOL

17 hours ago, nytonc said:

The girlfriends with the full-on makeup were so obvious. If the girlfriends are all into cheer, why are they all so chubby? Tyra is the thinnest of the bunch and she just spit out a kid. (I hope they read here) 

I don't remember what any of them looked like; but doing an athletic activity does not ensure that one is skinny. If they eat like crap at home, that's going to play into things as well. 

• Love 7

I was surprised the first time I went to one of my daughter's high school games and saw the cheerleaders and drill team - there are some of those girls who are not outwardly fit - and yet very athletic!  In today's cheer competitions there are different requirements - with the extreme lifts and pyramids they do they have to have stronger "bottom" girls who are able to lift and catch the lighter "flyer" girls.  Tyra was obviously a flyer.

• Love 3
On 10/1/2019 at 12:59 PM, gonecrackers said:

Someone up thread mentioned he's a gamer, & McKayla has said Caelen wants to spend time alone when he gets home so basically he's never really there for them, other than a paycheck. Lots of men feel if they're providing they can do whatever they want - it varies in the extent & what they are doing but regardless it's not a pretty life for the wife & kids.

McKayla: Caelen is never around to help me. When he is home, he’s doing his gaming and I don’t like it. SO I’LL HAVE A SECOND CHILD WITH HIM.

I don’t have a lot of patience for idiocy. 

With regard to Tyra’s baby shower (I’m a dinosaur so I know I’ll offend some here), I’m not in favor of normalizing teen pregnancy. Babies having babies isn’t something to be celebrated. Seeing those three teenage sisters/cousins all having babies as if that is something to strive for at age 16, is very depressing. If Tyra needed baby stuff, consignment shops are loaded with cribs, car seats, pretty much whatever you want or need. Just my old-fashioned opinion.

• Love 12
On 10/1/2019 at 8:34 PM, nytonc said:

A judge could tell her she needs to get a job. Nothing is stopping her from finding one. Having two little kids is no excuse nowadays.

• Love 8

I understand that (not to be mean bc no baby is an accident or mistake i.m.o) but when a teen falls pregnant once, it's an "oops", twice or more as in Tyra's miscarriage case or McK's multiple children in a short period of time by a father she apparently can't stand, is stupid. Or they're making a 15 min of fame "career" in reality tv at the expense of the poor innocent kids and those around them who are supporting them with childcare and other means.

• Love 3

Additionally, I notice even in Chloe's case, the mom & stepdad lay down the law about "No Max in the house" then immediately when she walks away, their faces show concern that gasp!) Chloe, the DAUGHTER might be MAD at them!!! Heaven forbid! Then the crying and hugging ensue. Parents seeming to apologize and coddle lest they lose her friendship. 

Enabling happens the friendship becomes more important than the parenting relationship.  

• Love 4

My daughter asks me if I'm her best friend and I tell her no, I'm her parent.  When she's off my payroll we can work on being friends but for the time being I have to be the parent...LOL!

• Love 4

Maybe I was a crappy teenage friend, but there's no way I could have suspended judgment about a friend having a baby at 18, much less 16. I would have thought they were out of their damn minds. Honestly, a friend got pregnant accidentally from her no-good asshole boyfriend at the beginning of LAW SCHOOL, and she decided to carry the pregnancy and raise the baby alone while in hiding from the asshole, and I thought she was out of her damn mind. I still think that. But we see that I grew up to be the sort of cold-hearted witch who derives entertainment from watching these teen parents suffer, so...yeah.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

McKayla: Caelen is never around to help me. When he is home, he’s doing his gaming and I don’t like it. SO I’LL HAVE A SECOND CHILD WITH HIM.

I don’t have a lot of patience for idiocy. 

And supposedly McK was cheating on Caelen, has been unstable in their relationship & otherwise, her family is a toxic pain in the ass yet Caelen has a second child with her.

The idiocy goes both ways here.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

And supposedly McK was cheating on Caelen, has been unstable in their relationship & otherwise, her family is a toxic pain in the ass yet Caelen has a second child with her.

The idiocy goes both ways here.

I agree, there is enough idiocy to go around. A pox on both their houses. 

• Love 2

Maybe I was a crappy teenage friend, but there's no way I could have suspended judgment about a friend having a baby at 18, much less 16. I would have thought they were out of their damn minds. Honestly, a friend got pregnant accidentally from her no-good asshole boyfriend at the beginning of LAW SCHOOL, and she decided to carry the pregnancy and raise the baby alone while in hiding from the asshole, and I thought she was out of her damn mind. I still think that. But we see that I grew up to be the sort of cold-hearted witch who derives entertainment from watching these teen parents suffer, so...yeah.

Right or wrong, I definitely had thoughts about the pregnant girls at high school graduation. What sucks is that it's always the girls who get the gossip and the stink eye, and the guys who got them pregnant are considered studs. 

I really wonder if the teen moms on this show think they are being portrayed in a positive light. If anything, TLC seems to edit to make them appear as awful as possible. 

• Love 2
On 10/1/2019 at 11:16 AM, ghoulina said:

Loved this post @ghoulina

• Love 1

Tyra’s puir wee lass—The Neck !

i think the sister is deliberately causing that baby’s neck to flop about. It was nerve-wracking to see that Arm-Baby in a Swing(!?) ...flying down a Slide(?!)...always seemingly Jerked About and Tossed To 'n Fro  by THAT  FRACKiN’  SiSTER.

Edited by BookElitist
...needed to ‘emphasize’ ...