Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Finale Reunion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Am I the only one who doesnt like Deonna and Greg ? It makes my stomach turn watching him grovel for her, putting up with allergies, eating bugs, her rudeness ("Dont have high expectations") and her queen attitude to him. Will we EVER see an example where she sacrifices something for him, or he gets a little dignity or something? 

I also absolutely cannot stand Beth. She may come from a wealthy family, but she isnas trashy as they come. She needs to close her big mouth sometimes. The entitlement is crazy. I think she scored with Jamie - NO OTHER man would put up with her garbage, plus he has a good job and she cant seem to do anything. (Working for daddy doesnt count). I think Jamie is definitely the better half in their marriage and she brings out the worst in him. 

I realized here that I think Keith is really cool and chill. He looked embarrassed to be sitting next to Iris who wouldnt stop yapping with that megaphone voice. 

Yeah, I’m not crazy about D/G. Mostly because he doesn’t seem to be able to stand up to her and just kind of acquiesced to eating bugs, ordering and eating octopus, and all her other requests and demands. I don’t know much about her personality. She seems kind of dry and milquetoast. I do genuinely believe she’s more used to the emotionally unavailable types who thought she was good enough to take to bed but not good enough to commit to or actually be in a relationship with. Those situationships with one sided feelings would chip away at the average person’s self-esteem. Good luck to them, and I hope Greg doesn’t just keep bending over backwards to accommodate her or placate her.

Do y’all think Iris was in love with Keith? Her IG posts and quoting Beyoncé screams, “My first heartbreak.” I see what Keith meant by emotional immaturity. Quoting Beyoncé and using song titles to culminate the point of your ring being off now is ridiculous. She’s doing the most.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, lids said:

Anybody wanna talk body language? I love looking at the way couples sit and how comfortable they are with each other.

MAFS-EP15-finale-cover-1014x570.jpg

Here’s my thoughts. Deonna and Greg - legs turned toward each other. Greg has his arm around Deonna’s shoulder. The perception is obvious. They appear close and romantically inclined. But I always think it’s interesting that D&G assume this position when the other couples are around. When they are alone or just with Kevin, they don’t sit like that at all.

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yep.  Keith is done.  Thank goodness because Iris is out of her fucking mind..

Isn't she though???????? He can probably look forward to some stalking on her part. NUTBAG. 

Edited by karenbrady
  • Love 6

Iris looked like a man wearing a shiny cheap wig and she's rude and nuts. Keith still needs to just blurt out how he really feels about that nutbag and make her face harsh reality. Ummm Matt slept with you for 6-8 weeks Amber because you were all on his jock from the altar. Men don't turn down free puss like that. Deonna and Greg are so boring and he looks like he wants to fall asleep. Also, she should not wear anything around her neck. I fell asleep before Red and her miserable looking husband even finished being interviewed. 

Edited by karenbrady
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Those are some interesting stories, especially the one about Matt, which explains his behavior.     

I think that article also mentions that Keith released his new rap song post show. I see both Keith and Matt as very similar. Both recruits. Both were not planning on getting married before the show and post show don’t even wanna think about marriage. Both use MAFS to promote themselves. Matt is less smart and doesn’t have the same support system Keith has (since Matt is estranged from his family). That’s why Matt destroyed his image while Keith’s image is gonna be heightened.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Sadly Amber reported she had not found Mr. Right in the two months since Decision Day.

What 27 year old divorcee would expect finding Mr. or Mrs. right may take longer than 2 months?

Edited to add that she may have better luck at the taverns finding Mr. Right if she goes with her twin sister in matching outfits.

Edited by Liberty
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, buttersister said:

Keith was ready to be a husband until he got to know Iris. He’s still ready, with someone else. I thought his line to the contrary was a polite warmup to saying that Iris was not being ready to be a wife. That was kind, as he has been all along.

Producers need to stop pretending the “experts” help select the couples or do anything other than hit their marks and read their lines. Matching a virgin with someone who didn’t request one was bs. But at least the pretext of scientific matches is out the window. Still. Again. Some more.

Right. He was sparing her feelings. 

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I respect Elizabeth's restraint at not spilling all the tea, especially after Matt flat out lied and told Kevin that he did not have sex with any other women while he was married.   Please.  Were these other women members of a book club that included only the two of you?  Were they basketball consultants?  Music instructors?  Give me a break.  

It's obvious by his 'performance' he hasn't used music instructors. If he did, they're in hiding right now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, lids said:

Anybody wanna talk body language? I love looking at the way couples sit and how comfortable they are with each other.

MAFS-EP15-finale-cover-1014x570.jpg

I feel like Iris is trying to get back with Keith. She was pretty touchie feelie during the Tell-All and it looks like Keith is trying to stay neutral.

Amber and Matt could not be sat further apart. No explanation needed.

Deonna is leaning in to Greg. She is way more into him. Or maybe he is her protector and she feels protected? 

I think Beth and Jaimie will break up before the move because they have a big fight about something or other. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Lacy4u said:

Keith is looking rather effeminate at the reunion to me. From the hairstyle down to the shoes with no socks. Hmmm. I used to think he was so handsome, but with this current look...notsomuch.

He's always looked effeminate to me. I don't think he or Iris are out of yhis world gorgeous like so many on here seem to believe. *shrugs*

13 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Shut up Iris.

PLEASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, 2727 said:

I just want to go around the room and tape Iris' mouth, snatch her wig, tie Matt's manspreading knees together, throw away Amber's earrings, give Beth some pettipants, and put Iris' wig on Jamie.

All of this is spot on!

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, karenbrady said:

He's always looked effeminate to me. I don't think he or Iris are out of yhis world gorgeous like so many on here seem to believe. *shrugs*

*raises hand* I think they're reasonably attractive but I don't think they're gorgeous either.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, BunnyAndIvy said:

I was kind of surprised when Keith said “I don’t think I’m ready to have a wife, and I don’t think you’re ready to be a wife.” I 100% agree that Iris is not ready, but I wonder why Keith feels that way about himself. I really adored him this season... even though he wasn’t always the best communicator or always open with his feelings, he just seems like a really good, kind person at the core and would make a great husband to the right woman.

These 2 are so gorgeous and I initially was hoping they would have success. I felt Iris was so strikingly beautiful at the beginning of the show, but as time wore on and we saw more of her personality, her attractiveness really diminished for me.

Also... did anyone see Iris’ new Instagram post... 🙄

Keith is just saying that for the camera.  If the right woman came along, he would get married.

• Love 8

A word about Amber... IMO she's an immature, so not ready for marriage, irritating child (no offense to children). She was passive aggressive & juvenile in her attitude, words, facial expressions, etc.. She made some comment about 'having fun' since decision day in a way that insinuated she's been having lots of sex, & told Jamie she was with him in needing sex every day - inappropriate TMI much?  She strikes me as trying way too hard & seems very emotionally stunted. I didn't see any indication of someone who learned anything from her public humiliation - she just continues to exhibit embarrassing behavior. I can see her being the pump & dump chick, & for those who stick around at all it'll be over when she stops giving up her paychecks. She has a ton of work to do on herself, but at this point she's too wrapped up in Matt's wrongs toward her to see her own issues. 

/Amber rant

ETA: It's sweet she got a cute little rescue dog. Now she just needs to stay away from the other kind of 'dog' & figure herself out.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, qtpye said:

What was up with Jaime and Beth’s body language? They are together but they both seemed barely able to tolerate sitting by each other. Is she with him just for money, while he’s in it for the sex? It felt like they despised each other. Keith and Iris has warmer body language and they decided to divorce.

You saw exactly what I saw!

Was it a two-month separation, while she got away from Jamie and focused on her dog?

I just don't buy it, that they're staying together. Not indefinitely, at least. Beth has apparently 'learned' to stay silent while he's abusive --but is the reverse true?? I doubt that very much.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Keith is just saying that for the camera. (Re: not getting married.) If the right woman came along, he would get married.

What is it about Keith that makes viewers keep assuming that when he says one thing, he actually means something totally different? It’s like Keith is just this blank piece of paper and people are kindly heaping all these positive qualities to his credit.

Here's Keith’s post show interview where he talks being recruited and his belief that he was never actually going to be matched.

Keith’s Interview

The whole Keith situation kind of reminds me of when David (of Dave and Ashley) were on. Ashley couldn’t stand David and everyone (except a few of us here) kept saying that Dave was this great guy and any woman would be happy to have him. Then the news came out that David had a DV arrest. Then he did a spin off show and came off like the jerk he is. The fact is, we don’t know these people. They try to put an image forward but I can never bash one member of the couple in comparison to the other because we just don’t know what these people are really like. A basic internet search tells me that Keith is an ex-non-pro athlete turned rapper who has a very suspect social media image. Do I really think he’s just this nice guy waiting to find the right woman to get married? Ehhh, I’m skeptical. 

Edited by lids
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, lids said:

The whole Keith situation kind of reminds me of when David (of Dave and Amber) were on. Amber couldn’t stand David and everyone (except a few of us here) kept saying that Dave was this great guy and any woman would be happy to have him. Then the news came out that David had a DV arrest. Then he did a spin off show and came off like the jerk he is. 

Woah, what spinoff??? What did I miss? Or are you talking about David Norton who was paired with Ashley and then went on Second Chances? Cuz yea, that guy was a POS. (Dave of Dave and Amber was no prize either but I don't recall him being a criminal.)

12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:
14 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

Jamie and Beth are moving from Charlotte to the Bay Area where the cost of living is like 3 times higher? And Beth will be unemployed and has never had a real job? Jamie really must have some serious bank or they made a lot of money from this show...

Something is in the works for them to leave everything and move to California!  I suspect some kind of tv or radio work!

I figure it is banking related, probably still with BofA, as SF is BoA's old headquarters city.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sometimesjennifer said:

Woah, what spinoff??? What did I miss? Or are you talking about David Norton who was paired with Ashley and then went on Second Chances? Cuz yea, that guy was a POS. (Dave of Dave and Amber was no prize either but I don't recall him being a criminal.)

Yeah, I meant Ashley. She got destroyyyed on social media. She was being called the c-word daily and getting death threats. It wasn’t even until later that we found out that she was the one who notified the producers that David had a DV arrest. The facts were never discussed on her season so she just came off as standoffish and “not trying.”  It just seems like you can’t actually know someone from watching them on reality TV episodes so I give everyone a little latitude.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, lids said:

What is it about Keith that makes viewers keep assuming that when he says one thing, he actually means something totally different? It’s like Keith is just this blank piece of paper and people are kindly heaping all these positive qualities to his credit.

Here's Keith’s post show interview where he talks being recruited and his belief that he was never actually going to be matched.

Keith’s Interview

The whole Keith situation kind of reminds me of when David (of Dave and Ashley) were on. Ashley couldn’t stand David and everyone (except a few of us here) kept saying that Dave was this great guy and any woman would be happy to have him. Then the news came out that David had a DV arrest. Then he did a spin off show and came off like the jerk he is. The fact is, we don’t know these people. They try to put an image forward but I can never bash one member of the couple in comparison to the other because we just don’t know what these people are really like. A basic internet search tells me that Keith is an ex-non-pro athlete turned rapper who has a very suspect social media image. Do I really think he’s just this nice guy waiting to find the right woman to get married? Ehhh, I’m skeptical. 

Or negative. 

2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

As much as I love Deonna and Greg, they remind me of that couple in the State Farm "She Shed" commercial.  Greg is like Victor, the wimpy husband holding the limp hose and Deonna is like the emasculating Cheryl who is going to get an even "chi-chi-er" she shed.   Some people online have theorized that Victor was the one that burned down the she-shed, probably to get her back for treating him so poorly.  Let's hope Greg doesn't get to that point, LOL!  😮

Mind BLOWN!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, NannyBails said:

It's one thing to be a virgin, it's another to act like you're repulsed by the idea of sex.   Iris needs some professional help to deal with that situation.  

THIS!  And... I couldn't believe it when Iris said she wanted to get rid of her virginity with this husband here, and Keith about fell out of his chair in shock.  Iris had never been like that or probably even in discussions close to that during the 8 weeks.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

No idea if I'll watch the next 'experiment' - I get the feeling the word has spread that it's a relatively painless way for a loser to get a nice paycheck and a bit of sex with minimal repercussions (since losers don't care about anything but themselves) which means the bar has been set so low as to probably be at ground level.

Oh I will watch it!

This show has gotten away from the original concept with them talking about finances and house hunting for place to live to a drama filled show with hidden cameras and having a retreat together all under one roof.

It also seems they are now having the "evil one" ex Luke, Matt for each season but who knows if that is the producers plan.

The surprising part is more couples are staying together Steph/AJ, Keith/Kristine, Greg/Deonna and the jury is still out on Jamie/Eliz.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Or negative. 

I don’t really see people heaping negative messaging on Keith though (or Greg).

This kind of negative messaging is put on the women:

3 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I honestly laughed out loud when Amber told Jaime she also wants sex everyday and with very heavy sarcasm and a chuckle says about Iris’ lack of sex “she’s a better person than me”, and Iris responds in false modesty “no I’m not”.  That right there is why Keith didn’t need to say anything more to Iris about the breakup.  Iris hears what she wants to hear and thinks she has very few, if any, faults.

While Keith’s thoughts are assumed to be more generous and compassionate.

1 hour ago, karenbrady said:

Right. He was sparing her feelings. 

In regards to why Keith would publicly say he doesn’t want marriage right now.

Are the producers pushing a narrative that if the women says something compassionate, they’re falsely modest and if the men say something that can be viewed as negative, they’re only saying it to make the woman feel better? Because I notice across seasons, this is how the men are perceived.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:
2 hours ago, lids said:

Jaime was hired by Google and is supposedly moving to San Diego. That’s probably why Beth decided to stick with him. She probably will never have to work.

Jaime’s Post Show Details 

Well, if true both Jamie and Elizabeth need a refresher course in geography because San Diego most definitely is NOT the Bay Area.  

His LinkedIn page says "San Francisco Bay Area" but not Google.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jejrthompson?trk=public_profile_samename_profile_profile-result-card_result-card_full-click

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, lids said:

I don’t really see people heaping negative messaging on Keith though (or Greg).

I've seen tons. Everything from him not being honest about his feelings and not communicating with Iris to him making excuses every time he brought up her immaturity. One FB group had so many posts about them people were asking the mods to stop approving them. LOL. It was basically either Team Iris or Team Keith.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Kroliosis said:

Except her mouth ain't 😂.   Sorry, Iris, if ya engaged in anal or oral - you aren't as pure and virginal as you like to pretend.

I think she lies. I’ll bet she never had any kind of sex, especially oral.  Just my opinion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I've seen tons. Everything from him not being honest about his feelings and not communicating with Iris to him making excuses every time he brought up her immaturity. One FB group had so many posts about them people were asking the mods to stop approving them. LOL. It was basically either Team Iris or Team Keith.

Ok I’ve never been to that group.

But I do think there’s a difference between debating whether someone is being honest (especially in certain major instances that happen on the show) and heaping a negative image on someone. For instance, someone pointing out that Keith said one thing in the cabin and then another during a session with the experts isn’t falsely deriding him. Consistently labeling him a liar or other negative name and categorizing all actions through that prism would be.

To clarify, every single women on the show gets:

-referred to as some kind of slut (even, and sometimes especially, Virgin Iris of the Oral Sex). 

-constantly called crazy and said to be in need of counseling 

-criticized for dress and grooming

-referred to as a liar, gold digger, stalker

I just don’t see this overall messaging with the men.

Edited by lids
  • Love 6

As to the married couples...

I think D/G will do fine.

The hurricane twins....they sound like there was real development, personal and marital, and I hope it's true, and that they last.  I gave them an ounce of possibility earlier after DDay and yet am amazed to see this.  On the reunion, after seeing tapes of them at the Nascar event and after, Big Red was shaken, but she held it together.  Bravo.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 3

I am so glad this season is over. Iris is exhausting, even if you took the whole "virgin" thing away, and I think that is really Keith's issue with her.  Even if she was a sexaholic I think he would have asked for a divorce. She just doesn't see it - it has nothing (or at least very little) to do with sex. I hope the show learned it lesson and never casts a virgin again. I hope I never have to say or type the words "virgin" or "virginity" again.........

Keith seems completely phony to me though. He has not shown one ounce of personality this whole season, but I think that has been overshadowed by the Iris storyline, and he's been ascribed all manner of wonderful personality traits just by keeping his mouth shut. I wonder how we would all feel about him if he had been matched with a non-virgin........

Matt is hands down the worst person ever on this show, and that's really saying something because, you know, Luke.  He knew within 15 minutes? What a disgusting human being. I have no words, except Fuck You Matt and Fuck You "experts" for not seeing what a garbage human he is, or even worse, realizing it and matching this asshole with a damaged woman who was all in.......

Still not holding my breath that Jamie and Liz will make it. I do think it's probably good for them to get away from Daddy Dearest, but they are so volatile and the body language on that couch! I still give it six months......

Add me to the list that is baffled by the Deonna hate. I don't see it. She's not warm or cuddly, but beyond that, I think she and Gregg are sweet together. I guffawed when she stated she said "I love you" first! Now there was the shocker of the season! I think they will make it.

Not looking forward to 5 couples at all, but I know I'll be there hate watching.....

Edited by Ilovepie
Typos
  • Love 10

I wouldn’t call anything I’ve read about Deonna vitriol or hate. I really couldn’t get a feel for her or Keith. I don’t think they’re awful people. Just closed off with personalities that aren’t easy to read. I’m sure they’re both great people on their own right. I don’t call anyone pretty or attractive, but they’re nice looking people. *shrug*

Honestly—minus Greg—all the men and women could use counselling for some reason or another. Keith is a horrible and ineffective communicator. I understand why because last night Iris wasn’t letting him get a word in, and he lived with her for eight weeks. He seems to have learned it is best just to be quiet and docile while she over talks and cuts him and others off. Amber needs to address her clinginess, abandonment issues, and get to the bottom of why she has no self-respect or self-worth. Deonna made progress, but it would be nice if she can privately figure out why she settled for less than fulfilling situations for 10 years. She has some walls up, but it’s good that she said I love you first and took this seriously. Matt is right up there with Queen Douche Luke. He has zero accountability and feels no remorse. He should’ve left after the honeymoon but I guess that would’ve ruined his plans to have three hot meals and a home for the 8 weeks. Did he even get a job? Jaime and Beth are just awful. I’m not buying that they’re together or even remotely happy. Iris has no self-awareness and selective hearing. Goodness, she’s exhausting. Greg was light years ahead because he sought therapy and worked on himself. While the show is exploring people’s panty and boxer drawers, they need to add mandatory counselling sessions.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, lids said:

Ok I’ve never been to that group.

But I do think there’s a difference between debating whether someone is being honest (especially in certain major instances that happen on the show) and heaping a negative image on someone. For instance, someone pointing out that Keith said one thing in the cabin and then another during a session with the experts isn’t falsely deriding him. Consistently labeling him a liar or other negative name and categorizing all actions through that prism would be.

To clarify, every single women on the show gets:

-referred to as some kind of slut (even, and sometimes especially, Virgin Iris of the Oral Sex). 

-constantly called crazy and said to be in need of counseling 

-criticized for dress and grooming

-referred to as a liar, gold digger, stalker

Yes, I see what you mean. I'd have to agree that overall it has been different for women.  Jamie's been criticized in a lot of those same ways you listed but never as strongly as Beth. 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I think she lies. I’ll bet she never had any kind of sex, especially oral.  Just my opinion.

See, that's what I think as well.  The way she acts when sex is talked about, or she's even brushed up against, there is no way someone has gotten even remotely naked around her.  I'm not saying being a virgin is a bad thing.  You don't have to want to have sex.  She's the type of immature to me that would freak out at having to give birth and thinking it comes out the pee pee hole, and not her vagina.  I just can't.  I wouldn't care one iota about her virginity.  She lost me at the whitest of white... regardless of purity... that was just ridiculous and proved to me that she was 100% obsessed with IRIS!  She sounds like a 12 year old teenage girl who's planning to give her virginity away to her boyfriend on the beach when she turns 16 and can drive.  Just NO!  And now she's even MORE proud to be even MORE special because she's not just a virgin, she's a divorced virgin.  

Matt is an ass, whatever.  I hope Amber gets some self worth, she deserves it.  

I'm not sorry, I love Jaime and Elizabeth.  They get off on the drama, and oh boy, there will be drama with a big move like that.  They'll break up, get back together, break up and get back together... until who knows when.  That's how relationships like that work.

As far as Deona and Greg... well, I think they are the most mature of all the couples.

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

I wouldn’t call anything I’ve read about Deonna vitriol or hate.

YMMV, but there have been quite a few comments that I would call pretty hateful - calling her rude, conceited, and abusive, saying she acts like a Queen and doesn't deserve Greg, and predicting that they will only have a successful marriage if he's willing to be her doormat who grovels at her feet, bending over backwards to her demands. I don't begrudge anyone those opinions, but they do confuse me and are just some examples that you might have missed. I don't see Deonna as being abusive or Greg being whipped and groveling, while others do. 

I guess in a season where some people have treated each other with such egregious nastiness it is odd to me that some have latched on to Deonna as a villain of any kind. Greg is the catchiest catch that has ever been on this show, and it seems like most of us can agree on that, at least! I hope very much that he is incredibly happy. 😍

• Love 15

I'm going to sit by sometimesjennifer the other people who rooted for Deonna and Greg and so we can clap and cheer that we were right. I think D/G did their work and grew together quietly off camera. I think they share a very dry sense of humor that may not be obvious to outsiders but the two of them get each other. 

I think they should hang out with Keith/Kristine and RickyBobby/Danielle and have a lovely life. 

Oh, and IIIIIris. PLEASE take it DOWN about 10 notches with the self congratulations.

• Love 16

Why do I feel like Iris is going to start a YouTube vlog or anything and name it The Divorced Virgin? Now her precious gift has turned her into even more of a special snowflake in her own eyes. She has a tonne of positive attributes but she’s a bit much to take in routinely. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Lacy4u said:

I kept thinking during those last few episodes that Deonna was pregnant because her neck had gotten very dark, which is a telltale sign of pregnancy in some women.

It's also a sign of diabetes, the dark velvety skin folds.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

Why do I feel like Iris is going to start a YouTube vlog or anything and name it The Divorced Virgin? Now her precious gift has turned her into even more of a special snowflake in her own eyes. She has a tonne of positive attributes but she’s a bit much to take in routinely. 

I could absolutely see this happening. Style tips, hair tutorials, recipes, OOTD vids, self-reflection on why her virginity is so important to her, 27 things Iris learned about Iris 🙄, interviews with the other cast members, what she’s looking for in a man, etc.

*I seriously hope she’s not trolling these forums because don’t do this, Iris. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I am so glad this season is over. Iris is exhausting, even if you took the whole "virgin" thing away, and I think that is really Keith's issue with her.  Even if she was a sexaholic I think he would have asked for a divorce. She just doesn't see it - it has nothing (or at least very little) to do with sex. I hope the show learned it lesson and never casts a virgin again. I hope I never have to say or type the words "virgin" or "virginity" again.........

The bolded part, that's a very interesting comment.  Kind of a blend of crazy Iris and needy Amber....no thanks.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

A word about Amber... IMO she's an immature, so not ready for marriage, irritating child (no offense to children). She was passive aggressive & juvenile in her attitude, words, facial expressions, etc.. She made some comment about 'having fun' since decision day in a way that insinuated she's been having lots of sex, & told Jamie she was with him in needing sex every day - inappropriate TMI much?  She strikes me as trying way too hard & seems very emotionally stunted. I didn't see any indication of someone who learned anything from her public humiliation - she just continues to exhibit embarrassing behavior. I can see her being the pump & dump chick, & for those who stick around at all it'll be over when she stops giving up her paychecks. She has a ton of work to do on herself, but at this point she's too wrapped up in Matt's wrongs toward her to see her own issues. 

/Amber rant

ETA: It's sweet she got a cute little rescue dog. Now she just needs to stay away from the other kind of 'dog' & figure herself out.

Absolutely.  I think Amber is co-dependent.  She is valuing her own self-worth based on how she's treated by a man.  And she has abandonment issues.  She was unhappy with Matt but afraid to be without him and so probably figured she'd rather stay with him and be unhappy but still married because that's some kind of reassurance for her self-worth.  

Whether or not she really has been "having fun" (i.e., going out and hooking up), she clearly wanted Matt to know because she hopes that information will upset and/or devastate Matt.  Unfortunately, Matt high-fived her and is probably thrilled, thinking that hooking up with others means she'll leave him alone.   Basically it's the same as Amber high-fiving Jamie over wanting sex every day.  Again, she wants Matt to hear this in an attempt to show him what he's missing.  

Yeah, it's childish.   But I think it's how Amber knows how to communicate.  How old was she when her mother left?  

I feel sorry for her.  The experts really screwed her over.  Matt was the worst possible person she could have been put with.  As much as I dislike Matt, I'm not going to fault him for not feeling it with Amber but he has zero compassion for her and what his indifference did to her.  He reacts like a teen - --if he ignores it, it will go away or doesn't exist.  

Based on the links, it seems like Matt had already been matched up to someone on a dating app when he got chosen for MAFS.  The decent thing for him to have done would have been to bow out of MAFS if he met this other person and felt something with her.  I have no idea what their contracts are like but it surely seems like the show could sue for whatever they paid him or decline to pay him.  

And if Matt "knew" 15 minutes in, why on earth didn't he speak to one of the "experts" about it??  Again, acting like a teen instead of a grown ass man.  

The "experts" did a stellar job, pairing two emotional adolescents together.  They shouldn't have been shocked that it blew up in such spectacular fashion.   

5 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

The bolded part, that's a very interesting comment.  Kind of a blend of crazy Iris and needy Amber....no thanks.

I'd be willing to bet that Amber equates the frequency of sex with love, affection and acceptance.  I'd also be willing to bet that she thinks by at least projecting that she wants, needs and requires daily sex, that makes her more attractive to the opposite sex.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, lids said:

Then you must not have read the comments about Matt.  He's been read for filth so many times I've been afraid to read the posts. 😃

And I'm not ashamed to say that I liked him.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DocTerv said:

I'm going to sit by sometimesjennifer the other people who rooted for Deonna and Greg and so we can clap and cheer that we were right. I think D/G did their work and grew together quietly off camera. I think they share a very dry sense of humor that may not be obvious to outsiders but the two of them get each other. 

I’ll join you and @sometimesjennifer because I’ve enjoyed being hopeful for Deonna and Greg this season!  She reinforced what I thought was happening when she mentioned that they had their deep conversations off screen and that’s when they really began to fall in love. I agree they seem to have a similar sense of humor. And to me it sounds like Sandy not being allowed upstairs is a compromise that they reached and that seems reasonable to me. I think they have great potential! 

I still feel uncomfortable watching Jamie and Beth. They seem like embers just waiting for a little air to burst into flame. There’s a big difference between passion and crazy. I was impressed with the boobage being covered but why did the hooha have to be one inch away from display? 

Amber just makes me sad. She needs counseling so desperately. She obviously is still damaged from what she felt was rejection from her mother. I don’t think she’s a bad person I just think she needs help and healing. And because it needs to be said loudly and often Matt, the lecherous leech, is an ass who uses people and doesn’t care what damage he leaves in his wake. Nasty gangly walking stick of crap. 

Edited by ramble
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Absolutely.  I think Amber is co-dependent.  She is valuing her own self-worth based on how she's treated by a man.  And she has abandonment issues.  She was unhappy with Matt but afraid to be without him and so probably figured she'd rather stay with him and be unhappy but still married because that's some kind of reassurance for her self-worth.  

Whether or not she really has been "having fun" (i.e., going out and hooking up), she clearly wanted Matt to know because she hopes that information will upset and/or devastate Matt.  Unfortunately, Matt high-fived her and is probably thrilled, thinking that hooking up with others means she'll leave him alone.   Basically it's the same as Amber high-fiving Jamie over wanting sex every day.  Again, she wants Matt to hear this in an attempt to show him what he's missing.  

Yeah, it's childish.   But I think it's how Amber knows how to communicate.  How old was she when her mother left?  

I feel sorry for her.  The experts really screwed her over.  Matt was the worst possible person she could have been put with.  As much as I dislike Matt, I'm not going to fault him for not feeling it with Amber but he has zero compassion for her and what his indifference did to her.  He reacts like a teen - --if he ignores it, it will go away or doesn't exist.  

Based on the links, it seems like Matt had already been matched up to someone on a dating app when he got chosen for MAFS.  The decent thing for him to have done would have been to bow out of MAFS if he met this other person and felt something with her.  I have no idea what their contracts are like but it surely seems like the show could sue for whatever they paid him or decline to pay him.  

And if Matt "knew" 15 minutes in, why on earth didn't he speak to one of the "experts" about it??  Again, acting like a teen instead of a grown ass man.  

The "experts" did a stellar job, pairing two emotional adolescents together.  They shouldn't have been shocked that it blew up in such spectacular fashion.   

I'd be willing to bet that Amber equates the frequency of sex with love, affection and acceptance.  I'd also be willing to bet that she thinks by at least projecting that she wants, needs and requires daily sex, that makes her more attractive to the opposite sex.  

I think Matt just needed a place to sleep while he wasn’t playing basketball. He hardly spoke.  He had shelter, a bed, food and a nynfomaniac all the time.  Not bad.

• Love 9