Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Finale Reunion

• Start Topic

I was kind of surprised when Keith said “I don’t think I’m ready to have a wife, and I don’t think you’re ready to be a wife.” I 100% agree that Iris is not ready, but I wonder why Keith feels that way about himself. I really adored him this season... even though he wasn’t always the best communicator or always open with his feelings, he just seems like a really good, kind person at the core and would make a great husband to the right woman.

These 2 are so gorgeous and I initially was hoping they would have success. I felt Iris was so strikingly beautiful at the beginning of the show, but as time wore on and we saw more of her personality, her attractiveness really diminished for me.

Also... did anyone see Iris’ new Instagram post... 🙄

• Love 18

What was up with Jaime and Beth’s body language? They are together but they both seemed barely able to tolerate sitting by each other. Is she with him just for money, while he’s in it for the sex? It felt like they despised each other. Keith and Iris has warmer body language and they decided to divorce.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Not only does Iris know what Matt was thinking, but she also seems to know exactly what they should have done to fix their marriage; too bad she didn't know how to fix her own.

She really is something else. Maybe next season she can become one of the 'experts'.

1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Kevin needs to replace all the two-bit hosts on TLC reunions who are afraid to say boo to anyone. 

Iris is so immature that even a seven year old would tire of her. She lacks self awareness and has no idea how tedious she is with all the “Iris is good, Iris is fine” like it’s some kind of self affirmation she says in a mirror, which on second thought, she probably does. 

Amen! I absolutely love Kevin Frasier, and have been saying that all those 90 Day shows need him desperately.

Iris doesn't have one ounce of self awareness. She is immature and a know it all who won't let others finish a sentence. Even Kevin was getting annoyed with her wanting to chime in on everything. And that third person speak is just pathetic.

1 hour ago, shouldbedancing said:

I thought their hair both looked great. Iris came out looking like Rihanna! Then she spoke, lol.

That wig was an epic fail. Iris is a very pretty woman, and her natural hair suits her bone structure much much better.

1 hour ago, Spectator said:

You’re so right...both of those were bad (the lemonade melt down was so over the top...I can’t imagine living with someone like that!). Somehow I managed to overlook all of that and still managed to like her somehow, but you’re right, both were total red flags. 

And before both of those incidents, we had the honeymoon wedding ring meltdown. That was the first red flag for me.

• Love 15

Keith was ready to be a husband until he got to know Iris. He’s still ready, with someone else. I thought his line to the contrary was a polite warmup to saying that Iris was not being ready to be a wife. That was kind, as he has been all along.

Producers need to stop pretending the “experts” help select the couples or do anything other than hit their marks and read their lines. Matching a virgin with someone who didn’t request one was bs. But at least the pretext of scientific matches is out the window. Still. Again. Some more.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, buttersister said:

Keith was ready to be a husband until he got to know Iris. He’s still ready, with someone else. I thought his line to the contrary was a polite warmup to saying that Iris was not being ready to be a wife. That was kind, as he has been all along.

Producers need to stop pretending the “experts” help select the couples or do anything other than hit their marks and read their lines. Matching a virgin with someone who didn’t request one was bs. But at least the pretext of scientific matches is out the window. Still. Again. Some more.

I hope she truly does move on, otherwise it will hit her hard when Keith gets into a new relationship.

Amber, Matt does not want to be cordial to you. The man thinks you are a pathetic loser and wants to never have to acknowledge you again.  

• Love 9

I knew Matt was an ass but good grief if he knew he wasn’t into her why didn’t he attempt to let her know. Yes Amber is needy and a pushover but a decent guy wouldn't have used those things to his advantage. It’s like he saw Puke Luke and not only said hold my beer but handed him an entire six-pack. Ass. 

Edited by ramble
  • LOL 6
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, BunnyAndIvy said:

Also... did anyone see Iris’ new Instagram post... 🙄

I'd never seen it.  Wow!  If I hadn't seen her on this show I would have a completely different view of her personality.  Not feeling the weave at all.  She is gorgeous with natural hair.  The weave makes her look like a thousand other insta-reality-models.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Spectator said:

Deonna has never seemed to appreciate Greg as much as she should and that can definitely wear down a relationship over time, no matter how committed Greg might be. She has no idea how good she has it. If she drives him away with her walls, criticism and negativity she will regret it for the rest of her life. I just wish she could be a little nicer to Greg. Rather than criticizing him for complimenting her, as an example, wouldn’t it be nice if she just complimented him back instead???

This is Deonna's first adult relationship. While compliments are great and Greg seems above board, many, many, many men who are that complimentary a week or two into a relationship are insincere.  

Deonna's in her early thirties. If things don't work out with Greg, a man she met just under five months ago, she might have a better chance of meeting another good guy if she doesn't regret it the rest of her life. 

2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I really didn’t take her comment to be against Greg at all. She said don’t have high expectations. I thought she was referring to Matt and Amber in particular but also in general about the process. Don’t expect to be matched with a perfect person. It’s not all going to fall into place. But 🤷‍♀️ another example of how words are interpreted differently by different people. 

The thing about high expectations is that if they are specific enough there are plenty of great people who won't meet them.  

45 minutes ago, BunnyAndIvy said:

I was kind of surprised when Keith said “I don’t think I’m ready to have a wife, and I don’t think you’re ready to be a wife.” I 100% agree that Iris is not ready, but I wonder why Keith feels that way about himself.

Keith is a 27 year old man. While some men are ready to marry in their twenties, there are plenty who aren't ready to marry that young. Especially when they aren't already in a long-term relationship. Also, Keith is educated, conventionally attractive, socially adept, and works in a female dominated field. If if he was actually at the stage in life where he was ready to invest in a relationship and be married, he could find a wife just by existing and living his regular life.

On top of that, during the couple's retreat he said this is the most open he's been at this point in a relationship. Someone here mentioned that he was recruited for this show. While the break up with Iris is televised, it was certainly easier to invite grandma to the wedding with Iris than it would have been to marry and then divorce an acquaintance from his personal or professional circles. I trust his assertion that he's not ready. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, peaceknit said:
6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yep.  Keith is done.  Thank goodness because Iris is out of her fucking mind..

That yakkety yak yakking would drive me NUTS!

Iris lives in her own parallel universe, one where she is uplifted on high and people love hearing her talk.  Unfortunately, she is not actually 'all that' in this one, she just doesn't know it.

I dd not like she was so on the attack for most of her and Keith's segment.  He and their marriage was done.

For Keith, I was disappointed he couldn't say something more about emotional maturity...perhaps he could have said she acts like a 12 year old.  And could add that the intimacy (as he liked to call it) on her part was not deep, and that her compulsiveness and nit-picky rules PREVENTED much intimacy.  I understand though that overall he was trying to not bomb her with such truths and remain the gentleman, but she wanted to know why, why, why he wanted a divorce when she was perfect!

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I can't believe Deonna said that if you are going on this show, do not set your expectation too high.  Given that I believe she hit the jackpot with Greg, I was surprised to hear her say that.

I think Deonna sometimes suffers from not being able to express herself in such a way as to give the right impression.  I agree with others that have said she just meant to keep an open mind to the person and the process.  But yeah, even if she meant that, that's easy for her to say having hit the jackpot.  Lots of people go into this with open minds and get stuck with a real asshole.

6 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Amber is still pitiful. Why does she want to be cordial with someone who doesn’t want her? He doesn’t even want to talk to her. 

After suffering all that humiliation she should need to be restrained from ripping him a new asshole.  I thought she was trying to look like the better person in saying she wants to be cordial, but she still comes off as being the doormat deep down.

6 hours ago, Spectator said:

Me too! I was a fan of Iris up until this episode, but wow is she coming across poorly tonight. I get it that she’s hurt, but she seems like a different person tonight. Snippy. Rude. Passive aggressive. Entitled. Self important. The list goes on. Her attitude is really terrible. I am so disappointed in her. I expected so much better.

I didn't expect better.  In my opinion Iris was like this all along.  Nothing new here.

6 hours ago, kerrieway said:

You read my mind. Most people are moving away from California to southern areas that are more affordable like Dallas and Charlotte. What gives? Jamie would have to be making 6 times what he makes now to break even. What are they thinking? 

I'm with you.  The daughter of a very rich client of Mr. Yeah No's just moved back to New York from there for many of the same reasons others have left the area.  If she can't even take living there I can't imagine how they're going to feel about the place.

6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

She cried like a baby the whole time they were together, then like magic, she found her voice tonight and came out strong like a boxer with a lot of zingers she should have said to Matt from the beginning.  She was a completely different person, bitter and rude.  Too late.

I actually think there's hope for Amber in the future and that this bad experience might help her to change for the better and not be such a desperate doormat next time.  It's sad that she had to learn the hard way but whatever works.  She's still young and from the looks of things is bouncing back.  I can only hope, anyway.

5 hours ago, endure said:

Matt was so removed from that whole awkward sit down at the end, he must have been told he could not get up and walk out like he has done in the past - he really is a piece of work.  I wonder if his parents actually disowned him!

I have been wondering that too but if they did I can now say I'd understand why.  Matt is probably the worst piece of shit ever to be on this show, and I don't say that lightly.  I think he is as bad or worse than Luke.  He is so dense and without a shred of humanity in him that he didn't even realize what he was implying when he said he knew in 15 minutes that she wasn't for him.  

5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I disliked her the minute she snooped in his nightstand and found the condoms and hit the roof.  It was none of her business what he did before they married.  Then, the lemonade put me over the edge.  She’s a spoiled blabbermouth childish pain in the ass.  Good for Keith.  He didn’t give in to her tonight.  All she has is looks.  That’s it.

Not only wasn't it any of Iris' business, but what I think really bothered Keith is her immature attitude about it.  When I was his age everyone including me (and I'm a woman) had condoms in their night stand.  And that was 30 years ago!  Like what sheltered little world does she live in that's that far removed from reality?  She'd always be calling him a "nymphomaniac" just for that???  And BTW, a nymphomaniac as defined refers to a woman, not a man....not that I expect her to know that.....🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, BunnyAndIvy said:

I was kind of surprised when Keith said “I don’t think I’m ready to have a wife, and I don’t think you’re ready to be a wife.” I 100% agree that Iris is not ready, but I wonder why Keith feels that way about himself. I really adored him this season... even though he wasn’t always the best communicator or always open with his feelings, he just seems like a really good, kind person at the core and would make a great husband to the right woman.

I agree and feel sorry for Keith if this bad experience has made him question his readiness for marriage.  That would be too bad.  He is too young and too full of good qualities to let this  sour him from meeting the right woman one day.  I also hated the way Kevin kept on him to justify himself - I know that's his job but poor Keith has had to justify himself to several people including himself for months and I don't think he should have to be put in that position considering what a joke Iris is.  In my opinion he doesn't owe anybody anything.  He has bent over backwards to do the right thing with a person that probably doesn't deserve all that.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

What was up with Jaime and Beth’s body language? They are together but they both seemed barely able to tolerate sitting by each other. Is she with him just for money, while he’s in it for the sex? It felt like they despised each other. Keith and Iris has warmer body language and they decided to divorce.

I know, when they first came out I couldn't decide whether they were still together and their body language on the couch even after they said they were didn't do anything to convince me that they were really OK.  I still can't believe they'll make it for the long haul, especially with a big move coming up to a place that might not be ideal for them.  Lots of stress, being away from family too.  Not a good combination for a volatile couple.  The two of them are like the "Itchy and Scratchy Show". 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Good luck to Iris with her moving on, lack of self-awareness, immaturity, and being a divorced virgin. I wonder how many men will run when she tells them that she’s a divorced virgin. Iris is fine until she opens her mouth and begins her sanctimonious, know-it-all attacks. I understand wholeheartedly why Keith appears to thoroughly dislike her personality.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think they were self-conscious about re-watching all the terrible things they said and did to each other and were nervous about justifying why they were still together. I also think they knew that they may have discussed some of the previous fights they'd had on the day of the reunion and that brought back some raw feelings. They haven't forgotten anything they've said/done those few months ago and I think it showed. 

• Love 5

Keith is looking rather effeminate at the reunion to me. From the hairstyle down to the shoes with no socks. Hmmm. I used to think he was so handsome, but with this current look...notsomuch.

Edited by Lacy4u
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Soup333 said:

really didn’t take her comment to be against Greg at all. She said don’t have high expectations.

I’m with you on that. You can come in with realistic expectations and still score a gem. I don’t get how people interpreted her words to be against Greg either

• Love 9

I kept thinking during those last few episodes that Deonna was pregnant because her neck had gotten very dark, which is a telltale sign of pregnancy in some women. But I guess I was wrong even though she does have a baby bump but it apparently is new relationship weight gain around the belly. LOL

Edited by Lacy4u
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Deonna said they were expecting but in that kiddie voice of hers I didn't understand what she said.  I know it wasn't a baby.  

She said, "We're having a nephew"

9 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

They're expecting a what?  I have no idea what she said except that it wasn't a baby.

A nephew

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lacy4u said:

Keith is looking rather effeminate at the reunion to me. From the hairstyle down to the shoes with no socks. Hmmm. I used to think he was so handsome, but with this current look...notsomuch.

I've always said there is something soft or lacking in masculinity about Keith that I could never find attractive. There's a hesitancy and a lack of decisiveness there. And it's not so much about Keith lacking confidence or being unsure, if you compare him to all the other guys, even Matt the jerk there's a marked difference. For example, we all know that Greg wasn't always sure about how Deonna felt about him but he still was clear about what he wanted. He even "pushed" Deonna (asking her how she felt, asking her to compromise). I find that most men will push the trajectory forward. 

Edited by kerrieway
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Spectator said:

I think the couples that break up often come back looking totally different - maybe it’s to show the world (or show themselves!) that they’ve moved on.

I miss Whitney Houston though! She stood out with that hair and had the face to pull it off beautifully. Now she just likes one in a million with relaxed hair. 

Iris was wearing a wig. She still has beautiful natural hair. I think she tried switching up her look to show Keith what he is missing, but it fell flat, IMO. She reminded me an of an auntie of mine who is currently in the process of getting her groove back and still trying to figure out what’s sexy.

I thought the question about if Keith had sex after the breakup was incredibly inappropriate and immature. I imagine if Keith had asked Iris if she removed the stick from her ass, it would be equally inappropriate. And I say that as someone who likes Iris. I just think that was yet another sign of her emotional immaturity, even if she tried to cushion the question with a laugh.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
19 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

Iris was wearing a wig. She still has beautiful natural hair. I think she tried switching up her look to show Keith what he is missing, but it fell flat, IMO. She reminded me an of an auntie of mine who is currently in the process of getting her groove back and still trying to figure out what’s sexy.

I thought the question about if Keith had sex after the breakup was incredibly inappropriate and immature. I imagine if Keith had asked Iris if she removed the stick from her ass, it would be equally inappropriate. And I say that as someone who likes Iris. I just think that was yet another sign of her emotional immaturity, even if she tried to cushion the question with a laugh.

NGL, I wish Keith had come out with a big ol’ YES when she asked the sex question.  Iris would have turned inside out. 😜  That was such an immature question on Iris’ part, par for the course with her  

I didn’t hear or see that Jamie was going to or wanted to put Elizabeth’s dog down.  I heard him say they were afraid they might have to.  So I am confused as to where other posters heard that?

Jamie works for BoA.  They have a huge corporate center in San Francisco, and a huge investment hub. If he’s been promoted within, it’s a wise move if they can afford it. My guess is that they probably can, with his new job. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

Am I the only one who doesnt like Deonna and Greg ? It makes my stomach turn watching him grovel for her, putting up with allergies, eating bugs, her rudeness ("Dont have high expectations") and her queen attitude to him. Will we EVER see an example where she sacrifices something for him, or he gets a little dignity or something? 

I also absolutely cannot stand Beth. She may come from a wealthy family, but she isnas trashy as they come. She needs to close her big mouth sometimes. The entitlement is crazy. I think she scored with Jamie - NO OTHER man would put up with her garbage, plus he has a good job and she cant seem to do anything. (Working for daddy doesnt count). I think Jamie is definitely the better half in their marriage and she brings out the worst in him. 

I realized here that I think Keith is really cool and chill. He looked embarrassed to be sitting next to Iris who wouldnt stop yapping with that megaphone voice. 

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Am I the only one who doesnt like Deonna and Greg ? It makes my stomach turn watching him grovel for her, putting up with allergies, eating bugs, her rudeness ("Dont have high expectations") and her queen attitude to him. Will we EVER see an example where she sacrifices something for him, or he gets a little dignity or something? 

What’s wrong with not having high expectations? Can someone explain how this is bad advice? It seems to me that this is some of the best advice you could have in this nontraditional “experimental” situation. How is what she said considered a negative? Serious question because it’s really seeming as if the only problem with words is the person who said it. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

What’s wrong with not having high expectations? Can someone explain how this is bad advice? It seems to me that this is some of the best advice you could have in this nontraditional “experimental” situation. How is what she said considered a negative? Serious question because it’s really seeming as if the only problem with words is the person who said it. 

When she said, sitting next to her husband, "don't have high expectations", it is implying that she had higher expectations than who she ended up getting (Greg) and it felt rude to me. Very poor choice of words 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 9

I honestly laughed out loud when Amber told Jaime she also wants sex everyday and with very heavy sarcasm and a chuckle says about Iris’ lack of sex “she’s a better person than me”, and Iris responds in false modesty “no I’m not”.  That right there is why Keith didn’t need to say anything more to Iris about the breakup.  Iris hears what she wants to hear and thinks she has very few, if any, faults.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

When she said, sitting next to her husband, "don't have high expectations", it is implying that she had higher expectations than who she ended up getting (Greg) and it felt rude to me. 

Okay, I see where you're coming from. I just thought she was answering the question posed to all of them, which was what advice would you give to future participants of the show.

• Love 3
Just now, Soup333 said:

Okay, I see where you're coming from. I just thought she was answering the question posed to all of them, which was what advice would you give to future participants of the show.

That’s how I understood it. I don’t think Deonna’s comment was hurtful or intended to be hurtful. No one should come onto this show with high expectations. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

For Keith, I was disappointed he couldn't say something more about emotional maturity...perhaps he could have said she acts like a 12 year old.  And could add that the intimacy (as he liked to call it) on her part was not deep, and that her compulsiveness and nit-picky rules PREVENTED much intimacy.  I understand though that overall he was trying to not bomb her with such truths and remain the gentleman, but she wanted to know why, why, why he wanted a divorce when she was perfect!

I've only seen the first 15 minutes of the show, but I wouldn't have been as nice as Keith was.  It's one thing to be a virgin, it's another to act like you're repulsed by the idea of sex.   Iris needs some professional help to deal with that situation.  

• Love 21

Can't they get some larger couches? Gosh they need some space!

For a person that stays she is still married and planning to move across the country with her husband, Elizabeth couldn't get far enough away from him on that little loveseat. Hmmm?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree and feel sorry for Keith if this bad experience has made him question his readiness for marriage.  That would be too bad.  He is too young and too full of good qualities to let this  sour him from meeting the right woman one day.  I also hated the way Kevin kept on him to justify himself - I know that's his job but poor Keith has had to justify himself to several people including himself for months and I don't think he should have to be put in that position considering what a joke Iris is.  In my opinion he doesn't owe anybody anything.  He has bent over backwards to do the right thing with a person that probably doesn't deserve all that.

Keith went by the rules, was a gentleman, never put Iris in her place and just went along until the end.  By this time, he can’t wait to get the hell off the show and far away from Iris.  He was done with her from the beginning, but didn’t want to wreck his good guy image, which he was. I wish him luck.  He will have plenty of sane girls from now on.  He played everything very well.

• Love 17
11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Kevin needs to replace all the two-bit hosts on TLC reunions who are afraid to say boo to anyone. 

Iris is so immature that even a seven year old would tire of her. She lacks self awareness and has no idea how tedious she is with all the “Iris is good, Iris is fine” like it’s some kind of self affirmation she says in a mirror, which on second thought, she probably does. 

Does anyone on here think maybe no guy wanted to have sex with Iris?  She may look great and sexy, but once you have a conversation with her, you get turned off.  She probably turned Keith and any other guy she SUPPOSIDELY went out with off.  I could see nobody wanting to have sex with her, therefore she’s still a Virgin.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Keith went by the rules, was a gentleman, never put Iris in her place and just went along until the end.  By this time, he can’t wait to get the hell off the show and far away from Iris.  He was done with her from the beginning, but didn’t want to wreck his good guy image, which he was. I wish him luck.  He will have plenty of sane girls from now on.  He played everything very well.

I don't think Keith was done from Iris at the beginning.  He was attracted to her, did want to get to know her and wanted his family to know her. She supported him when his grandmother passed away and that was important to him.

However, the more time he spent with her, he realized she wasn't the one for him. Not a big deal.  He needs to be happy.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 22

I have concerns about anyone who fast forwards straight to forgiveness without rounding all of the bases that include anger to get to the reconciliation of events and moving on. When I say anger, I don't mean throwing things or whatever but, at least a little indignation at being wronged. The fact that Amber sat on that couch and heard a man who had been inside of her multiple times while living together within a marriage say he knew within the first 15 minutes of meeting her, he wasn't interested made me pause the tv and take some breaths. I really hope she left the studio and got her therapist on speed dial because she is not ok. She also better have had a full STI panel run because that is the kind of man who will leave a girl a parting gift and not look back.

I've said so much about Iris in previous threads, there's nothing left and I believe we all see what's up with her. Keith came out pretty well in this reunion so, my only admonishment is to stay away from Iris and be a ghost in the wind otherwise, he will be leading her on and risk getting into f*ckboi territory.

Jamie & Beth are worrisome. I understand there are couples who thrive on each other's drama but, they are troubling individually and together. As someone else outlined, moving to the Bay Area with 3x the cost of living is not going to help. There are also a plethora of educated, adult, professional women there who will completely outshine Beth in the job market and socially. I don't have confidence her sense of self or maturity are ready for San Francisco.

Greg & Deonna are what they are. He might get tired of their dynamic and she might just get better with time. They are a toss up to me.

Edited by red12
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Wow @ Deonna’s remark. Can she make it anymore obvious that had to lower her standards or expectations and “settle” for Greg? Geez. She can’t help poking holes in his spirit and being a killjoy.  Greg is the prize, and she doesn’t deserve him. She doesn’t seem to appreciate him or the fact that of every man on that stage, he was the most prepared and most committed. I was trying to root for them, but I really believe he’s not her type and she’s not truly attracted to him. Her type was the emotionally unavailable and let’s be in a situationship type of f-boys.

That look on Greg's face when she said those things made me sad.

I've said from the beginning that I didn't think Deonna was attracted to Greg.  Sure, they had sex but I always got the impression that she thought she could do "better."  I think part of her problem with her situationships was that she was always punching out of her weight class and was attracted to the pretty fuckboys.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Well good grief I think the crazies may just make it. Maybe they are both just people who are ruled by passion, but have begun to develop a deeper sense of connection. Totally floored me that Beth is willing to move so far away from daddy - that had to have been a major signal to Jamie of a positive shift in her priorities

I don't expect any of the participants to be perfect, but in the case of Keith and IIIIIIIris, he at least has some degree of introspection and understanding of how his words and actions affect others, but she hasn't even learned how to listen - she hears the words, but adamantly puts her own interpretation on them. I really don't think any attempt on his part to help her see any POV other than her own would have had a prayer of success.

Whoa - is Greg ever whipped! Guess he has chosen the path of least resistance and found his place in the 'good boy!' role.

Amber looked considerably better than she did all season - no teary eyes, a bit brighter in the face, but why she wants to be on cordial terms with the POS who played her from 15 minutes in (does that include the time it took to say 'I do'?) is beyond all reason and puts her right back in the doormat category. He was clearly lying about not having sex with anyone else during the 'experiment' and just as clearly didn't give a crap that everyone knew he was lying.

But I thought they were going to have everyone get together after they did the individual couples - didn't happen on my TV. I would have liked to have seen if matt actually stayed for it (probably did if a paycheck was conditional upon that happening) and how the other couples reacted to him.

No idea if I'll watch the next 'experiment' - I get the feeling the word has spread that it's a relatively painless way for a loser to get a nice paycheck and a bit of sex with minimal repercussions (since losers don't care about anything but themselves) which means the bar has been set so low as to probably be at ground level.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

As much as I love Deonna and Greg, they remind me of that couple in the State Farm "She Shed" commercial.  Greg is like Victor, the wimpy husband holding the limp hose and Deonna is like the emasculating Cheryl who is going to get an even "chi-chi-er" she shed.   Some people online have theorized that Victor was the one that burned down the she-shed, probably to get her back for treating him so poorly.  Let's hope Greg doesn't get to that point, LOL!  😮

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, red12 said:

Jamie & Beth are worrisome. I understand there are couples who thrive on each other's drama but, they are troubling individually and together. As someone else outlined, moving to the Bay Area with 3x the cost of living is not going to help. There are also a plethora of educated, adult, professional women there who will completely outshine Beth in the job market and socially. I don't have confidence her sense of self or maturity are ready for San Francisco.

Why will I not be surprised if Jamie ends up moving to CA and Elizabeth ends up stay in NC?

• Love 3

I wonder if Iris was ever able to extrapolate from Amber's behavior to her own? They both misinterpreted their spouses' behavior in the same general way.

Iris clearly didn't understand that going through the physical motions of intimacy (lying together, being supportive) does not necessarily translate to real closeness, while Amber assumed that Matt having sex with her, or even holding the most minimal of conversations, must mean he liked her.

It's been 15 years now, but maybe they both need to dig out $1 and pick up a used bookstore copy of He's Just Not That Into You.

Edited by 2727
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, ShowFan said:

I’m with you on that. You can come in with realistic expectations and still score a gem. I don’t get how people interpreted her words to be against Greg either

1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

I think people just really dislike Deonna and will find anything she says problematic.

Watching the reunion, I think Deonna is a lot more into Greg than Greg is to her... She said "I love you" first. And she remembers when and why he finally replied "I love you" And it is because she found his Ray Bans! 

I don't think Deonna is settling. I think she found a man she really loves and is really grateful. On the other hand, I think Greg just wanted to be married and is happy with Deonna (but would have probably been happy with another woman)

5 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Why will I not be surprised if Jamie ends up moving to CA and Elizabeth ends up stay in NC?

I wonder if Jamie accepted the job in CA before discussing it with Beth hoping she would ask for a divorce because she needs to stay close to her family (and dad). 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

Jamie and Beth are moving from Charlotte to the Bay Area where the cost of living is like 3 times higher? And Beth will be unemployed and has never had a real job? Jamie really must have some serious bank or they made a lot of money from this show...

I didn't watch the reunion but Jamie is a tech guy by trade. The Bay area is a tech hub, so my guess is he either has a new job there or is seeking one. He may have gone as far as he can go in Charlotte and odds are good he can make way more out there.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, NannyBails said:

I've only seen the first 15 minutes of the show, but I wouldn't have been as nice as Keith was.  It's one thing to be a virgin, it's another to act like you're repulsed by the idea of sex.   Iris needs some professional help to deal with that situation.  

But Iris now proudly wears the title of divorced virgin!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

So clearly Iris was the Bethenny Frankel of this reunion.  Did she get co-hosting credits because she certainly earned them.  

I'm happy to see that Amber washed and brushed her hair for the reunion and is getting her groove back.  So who cares if Matt is cordial to you or not?  If I was walking down the street and saw him coming, I'd head the other way.  I didn't believe I could think any less of him but congratulations, Matt!  I do.  So he knew FIFTEEN MINUTES in (in other words, while he was walking down the aisle) that the marriage wasn't going to work????  How is that?   Is Amber not his physical type?   Did he change his mind at marriage in general by the big day?  What?  Regardless, to go through with it, not give it your best and honest shot, and then continued to shine Amber on here and there, while staying out all night sans your wedding ring, is a real piece of shit, dickhead, fuckwit move.   Iris didn't need to explain what Matt was thinking and why he did what he did.   He really deserved more of a verbal ass kicking than he got.

I respect Elizabeth's restraint at not spilling all the tea, especially after Matt flat out lied and told Kevin that he did not have sex with any other women while he was married.   Please.  Were these other women members of a book club that included only the two of you?  Were they basketball consultants?  Music instructors?  Give me a break.  

And Amber, girl, when Matt claimed he cared about you and liked you, you really should have brought up, as an example of his callousness, his casually tossing your pictures in the kitchen trash can.    Be grateful you're no longer married to him and that your rescue dog (thank you for taking a rescue!)  is a much better roommate and male than Matt.

• Love 15