Type keyword(s) to search

Future Co-Hosts Talk and Speculation: Musical Chairs

mtlchick
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Wanda, grow up! You're not always going to like your host or reporter. Your actions are no better than Whoopi's "you know who" bullshit.

Wanda is grown up.  She is exercising her right to decide if she wants to appear or not. We are all free to decide who and what we want to boycott based on what we believe.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 8

Its offical alyssa farrah griffin is in talks to join  as new co host of the view!!! (NY post) As much as i wanted lindsey to be in that seat, i figured in fact i am sure we all knew alyssa was going to be in that seat!!! This is a political show. Alyssa knows her stuff politically, and the View has to keep thier reputation for the most important poltical show on televsion. I am sure Lindsey will be back as a fill in but she would have been great if this was a pop culture based show like the talk!!! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/07/26/alyssa-farah-griffin-to-be-named-new-conservative-co-host-of-the-view/amp/

I'm surprised Ana auditioned for the spot.  Didn't think she wanted to be in NYC most of the week.  If true, they really screwed up not giving her the seat but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

• Love 3

From the Variety article:

Farah Griffin’s father is the conservative editor and author Joseph Farah, who founded the far-right website, WorldNetDaily, and rose to prominence with his Clinton conspiracy theories surrounding the suicide of Vince Foster, and then became known for promoting birtherism during Barack Obama’s presidency. Farah has been singled out by the GLAAD Accountability Project for his repeated anti-LBGTQ and hateful comments. He called same-sex marriage “one of the most radical ideas considered since child sacrifice,” and has asserted that transgender people “mutilate oneself sexually.”

WOW, just WOW!

• Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 4
1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

Farah Griffin’s father is the conservative editor and author Joseph Farah, who founded the far-right website, WorldNetDaily, and rose to prominence with his Clinton conspiracy theories surrounding the suicide of Vince Foster, and then became known for promoting birtherism during Barack Obama’s presidency. Farah has been singled out by the GLAAD Accountability Project for his repeated anti-LBGTQ and hateful comments. He called same-sex marriage “one of the most radical ideas considered since child sacrifice,” and has asserted that transgender people “mutilate oneself sexually.”

WOW, just WOW!

Figures.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

WOW, just WOW!

Big mistake.  Watched this show since 2006 and I am out.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

I keep thinking about taking this off the DVR, but there were things I enjoyed so I would watch it while eating dinner.  But with their final choice,"The View" just made up my mind for me.  I'm out.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Plenty to criticize Alyssa on but she is not on speaking terms with her father he did not attend her wedding. Her parents are divorced so I'm not sure even sure how close she ever was with him.

Plenty of celebs and public figures you all like have repulsive family members I am sure.

Edited by Buckeye71034
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Plenty to criticize Alyssa on but she is not on speaking terms with her father he did not attend her wedding. Her parents are divorced so I'm not sure even sure how close she ever was with him.

Plenty of celebs and public figures you all like have repulsive family members I am sure.

I’m good so long as we don’t hear MyFather or the other hosts pretend he’s some type of saint. Don’t think that will happen with this daughter. 

• Love 3

Just deleted it from my DVR. No way am I going to watch someone from that administration get rewarded. Remember the good old days when disgraced public officials went to the private sector??? 😫😫😫😫😫

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

According to Variety, Ana is disappointed she wasn't offered the permanent co-host spot.  What a mistake to pass over her...she's a gem.

Alyssa Farah To Join ABC's 'The View' as Conservative Co-Host - Variety

"Currently, the Hot Topics table is lead by moderator Whoopi Goldberg with co-hosts Joy Behar, Sunny Hostin and Sara Haines. Ana Navarro, who is a part-time co-host, also auditioned for the permanent job, and is said to be disappointed that she wasn’t selected, according to several sources. "

• Sad 6
6 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

And out of fairness to those who don't like her, Alyssa said on the show both today and in the past that her father fell out with her because she resigned in December 2020, not because they disagreed over any of these things... She did work in an administration that aligned with many of these same sentiments, too.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I guess Wanda will never be on the show now.  I'll have to catch her on all the other talk shows.

I wonder how many other celebs will boycott the show now. I'm guessing Wanda won't be the only one.

4 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Family members aren't the issue. The previous administration she worked for is why members of the show's fan base will be tuning out.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Tunia said:

According to Variety, Ana is disappointed she wasn't offered the permanent co-host spot.  What a mistake to pass over her...she's a gem.

Alyssa Farah To Join ABC's 'The View' as Conservative Co-Host - Variety

"Currently, the Hot Topics table is lead by moderator Whoopi Goldberg with co-hosts Joy Behar, Sunny Hostin and Sara Haines. Ana Navarro, who is a part-time co-host, also auditioned for the permanent job, and is said to be disappointed that she wasn’t selected, according to several sources. "

I had always assumed that Ana being on part-time was always her choice. She could have been permanent all along?  Yet another reason I won't be sorry deleting this from my DVR.

• Sad 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Prairie Rose said:

I had always assumed that Ana being on part-time was always her choice. She could have been permanent all along?  

I'm pretty sure it was said either by Ana or others that she didn't want to move to New York.  I don't understand why the press is now saying she wanted the job and is disappointed.  Did she actually want it all this time even if she had to move?  Is the press wrong now and she doesn't want it?  Maybe it's one of those things where she hoped she would never be officially offered it because then she'd have to make a decision.  

Maybe it's her husband who doesn't want to move to NY.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Tunia said:

Ana Navarro, who is a part-time co-host, also auditioned for the permanent job, and is said to be disappointed that she wasn’t selected, according to several sources. "

I'm skeptical.  She and Al have a full and comfortable life in Miami and I don't believe they'd want to move.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Did she actually want it all this time even if she had to move?  Is the press wrong now and she doesn't want it?  Maybe it's one of those things where she hoped she would never be officially offered it because then she'd have to make a decision.  

I think it's the I want to be asked even though I will say no thing.  

I don't see Ana wanting to be in NYC five days a week.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
(edited)

For what it's worth, the press has often got things wrong about Ana when speculating about The View, I believe when they hired Abby and so on, they said the same thing, that she'd been "passed over," which I don't think is true. Ana's been pretty consistent that she can't be there every day. Even with an open seat all season, the only times she's been there more than two days was whenever something is going on with the other co-hosts or there's something special with the show (like when Whoopi had her mea culpa earlier this year or the Bahamas week).

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I read somewhere that OK magazine is saying that an insider says Alyssa got the job by sucking up to Whoopi backstage.  It also said that Joy likes Alyssa the best out of all the contenders, and that Alyssa would never have been hired without an OK from Whoopi and Joy.  And it says Alyssa took a surprisingly low salary.  Of course, take all this with a grain of salt, but it wouldn't surprise me that Alyssa was smart enough and sly enough to read the room and figure out that Whoopi loves flattery and has a certain amount of pull.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
54 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I read somewhere that OK magazine is saying that an insider says Alyssa got the job by sucking up to Whoopi backstage.  It also said that Joy likes Alyssa the best out of all the contenders, and that Alyssa would never have been hired without an OK from Whoopi and Joy.  And it says Alyssa took a surprisingly low salary.  Of course, take all this with a grain of salt, but it wouldn't surprise me that Alyssa was smart enough and sly enough to read the room and figure out that Whoopi loves flattery and has a certain amount of pull.  

If they want Alyssa on a semipermanent basis, they should keep the original four and alternate Ana and Alyssa so she can continue her CNN gig. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm not surprised about low salary. The highest any of the newest people get paid is 1 million unless they're a big star. Especially since the show's been doing fine in the ratings even with nobody in that seat, they probably didn't feel the need to dish out much to whoever they did sign.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

If they want Alyssa on a semipermanent basis, they should keep the original four and alternate Ana and Alyssa so she can continue her CNN gig. 

And I can watch when Alyssa isn't there.

• Applause 1

Alyssa does not bother me too much.  I would have preferred Tara because I have seen her on other mediums and she is fabulous.  I absolutely adore Ana and I wished that she was a permanent co-host.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

This checks out for two reasons: Whoopi loves it being about Whoopi and she always wants the worst cohosts. She was an advocate of Meghan.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I absolutely adore Ana and I wished that she was a permanent co-host.

But that would require her to give up the lifestyle she loves.  In addition to "The View," she's often on CNN ... AND has a loving husband in Florida.  

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/28/2022 at 7:29 PM, geekburger said:
On 7/28/2022 at 9:20 AM, Gemma Violet said:

This checks out for two reasons: Whoopi loves it being about Whoopi and she always wants the worst cohosts. She was an advocate of Meghan.

I wasn't a fan of Alyssa initially--and I would still prefer Tara.  That said, I began to see Alyssa in a more favorable light when she was a commentator during the January 6th hearings ... and a few more times she was a guest on various news shows. She knows her stuff and she seems to handle herself well...and calmly.  I'm grateful (hopefully) that these ladies are out of contention:  Michelle Tafoya (aggressive/pushy) ~ Stephanie Grisham (annoying personality and cosmetic procedures) ~ ... I forgot the name of the last contender; she's on another daytime show.  She was changing her personality to what she thinks Whoopi wants.  Not gonna work!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I wasn't a fan of Alyssa initially--and I would still prefer Tara.  That said, I began to see Alyssa in a more favorable light when she was a commentator during the January 6th hearings ... and a few more times she was a guest on various news shows. She knows her stuff and she seems to handle herself well...and calmly I'm just grateful (hopefully) that these ladies are out of contention:  Michelle Tafoya (aggressive/pushy) ~ Stephanie Grisham (annoying personality and cosmetic procedures) ~ ... I forgot the name of the last one; she's on another daytime show.  She was changing her personality to what she thinks Whoopi wants.  Not gonna work!

You're thinking of Lindsey Granger from Daily Blast Live. Yes, she's much better on DBL than she ever was here, because she's allowed to be herself on DBL. It's like night and day.

• Useful 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Prairie Rose said:

You're thinking of Lindsey Granger from Daily Blast Live. Yes, she's much better on DBL than she ever was here, because she's allowed to be herself on DBL. It's like night and day.

THANKS, Prairie Rose!  So...does one blame Lindsey for not "being herself" on The View...or  blame The View's producers?  Although I don't watch her show and didn't know who she was, I felt she was faking it--trying too hard fit in...and we would see a completely different Lindsey if she got the job...and we might not be happy about it.

Suppose she got all those "auditions" because The View's producers saw something on Daily Blast Live they liked?

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 2
On 7/28/2022 at 7:29 PM, geekburger said:

Whoopi probably knew little or nothing about Meghan's poisonality...and WAS her "advocate," but only by way of sucking up to John McCain.  Anyone who watches the show KNOWS that sucking up to Whoopi is the road to success--and definitely a requirement.  Disagreeing with Whoopi too often...or showing any hint of disloyalty...will bench a new one eventually.

• Love 4
On 7/26/2022 at 8:44 PM, Prairie Rose said:

The previous administration she worked for is why members of the show's fan base will be tuning out.

Maybe some will consider her the "Prodigal Daughter," and tune in.  Fans of most things (sports, celebrities, news reporting) seem to embrace those former adversaries who eventually see the light.  Alyssa seems to have turned her back on Most Things Trump... especially the man.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

THANKS, Prairie Rose!  So...does one blame Lindsey for not "being herself" on The View...or  blame The View's producers?  Although I don't watch her show and didn't know who she was, I felt she was faking it--trying too hard fit in...and we would see a completely different Lindsey if she got the job...and we might not be happy about it.

Suppose she got all those "auditions" because The View's producers saw something on Daily Blast Live they liked?

I just saw a few clips of her on DBL, it is truly like night and day.  That Lindsey is empathetic funny and just a whole lot of fun. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

I don’t know what they saw in her because she’s the dullest of the DBL hosts (men included). The other three ladies are featured a lot more often and have more personality. She’s also the least featured cohost on the show and might have been the most expendable to the show if they were asked if they could borrow one of their female hosts as a guest host on the View. 

• Useful 1
20 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I don’t know what they saw in her because she’s the dullest of the DBL hosts (men included). The other three ladies are featured a lot more often and have more personality. She’s also the least featured cohost on the show and might have been the most expendable to the show if they were asked if they could borrow one of their female hosts as a guest host on the View. 

I agree with all that. Lindsey is actually seen a lot more on the online version of DBL (they livestream 4-5 hours every weekday). Still, the female co-hosts that are featured the most - Samantha Schacher, Tory Shulman and Erica Cobb - outshine Lindsey even on DBL. Any one of those three would have fit right in on The View. 

They probably thought Tara was too old (mid-late 40s, which Sara represents) so I figured it would be between Alyssa & Lindsey. They are both in their 30s and The View always wanted a spread of ages. Sunny & Ana are in their 50s, Whoopi - 60s, Joy - 70+. 

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I remember when Lindsey first appeared as a guest host - it was back in March, I believe. Being a DBL fan, I was excited and was sure everyone here would like her, so I talked her up. She had always been so cool and funny on DBL, in addition to having great chemistry with the co-ed panel. Then came her first day on The View... I had no idea who this lady was. She LOOKED like Lindsey from DBL, but she was being argumentative and not in a constructive way. 

The same day as Lindsey's debut at the table, her DBL co-hosts gave her a shout out, wished her well and genuinely seemed happy that she had been given this opportunity. Maybe she was nervous outside of the box, but Lindsey just seemed in over her head at The View. I'm sure Teta and others behind the scenes were coaching her how to "make sparks", and the end result just didn't seem authentic. I'll take her being herself in a DBL panel discussion over twisting herself into a pretzel being something she's not on The View.

Here she is with fellow DBL hosts Sam Schacher, Tory Shulman and Erica Cobb in a segment from late last year, discussing the remake of West Side Story:

• Love 1
(edited)

Seeing that clip, Lindsey would have been fine on the old View, before they changed the format to have one young Republican cohost who scowls while speaking non-stop. Alyssa's teeth make it impossible for her to scowl.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

Alyssa's teeth make it impossible for her to scowl.

More "compelling" than Stephanie Grisham's new EYEZZZ???Eyelid1.jpg.53fd6e0d7bc38149cfa7db19c175b98b.jpgimage.thumb.png.190a0d1fab3c8e0658f877da618e3227.png

Edited by Back Atcha
!!! changed to ???
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Whoopi probably knew little or nothing about Meghan's poisonality...and WAS her "advocate," but only by way of sucking up to John McCain.  Anyone who watches the show KNOWS that sucking up to Whoopi is the road to success--and definitely a requirement.  Disagreeing with Whoopi too often...or showing any hint of disloyalty...will bench a new one eventually.

Yeah... I'm one of the few who don't like Tara--I agreed with her more than the other three in the running, it was more a personality / manner thing with her that bugged me--so I was happy when Tara made the mistake of shouting over top of Whoopi several days she was there... I knew Whoopi would never let her get the seat after that, lol.

Lindsey on the other hand seemed so desperate to get this job (I assume for a pay raise compared to her other job) that she would say and do anything, and as LOUD as it would take. Alyssa always seemed like she would be the one they picked. She looks like a mixture of Elisabeth and Jedidiah, the pageant-esque Foxbot type The View always goes with.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah... I'm one of the few who don't like Tara--I agreed with her more than the other three in the running, it was more a personality / manner thing with her that bugged me--so I was happy when Tara made the mistake of shouting over top of Whoopi several days she was there... I knew Whoopi would never let her get the seat after that, lol.

I saw that and thought the same thing, "Buh-bye, Tara!"

• LOL 2