Type keyword(s) to search

Future Co-Hosts Talk and Speculation: Musical Chairs

mtlchick
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

Regardless of her Trump connections. Guilfoyle is an unpleasant woman. 

And, she’s way too insulated into the Trump family. I would also say this about any Democrat that was hired, too. Meghan father was a political figure <sarcasm>  and, it was so annoying because that’s all she talked about. Of course, like everyone above has stated they want ratings and they want someone who will bring it like Meghan did. The new season starts in September and I’m sure they want to keep the (political) ball rolling so I’m sure someone will be hired soon. There are a bunch of FOX woman who have left and/or been fired. They can have their pick of ‘me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

She'd also be a legal liability. 

That was my thought as well.  It's got nothing to do with her family connections and everything to do with her apparently being fired over allegations of sexual misconduct.  I just can't see ABC looking past a charge like that to put her on a show like The View.  

• Love 7
On 8/12/2021 at 11:22 AM, WinnieWinkle said:

Possibly true - but are those tuning in doing so because of MM and the toxic attitude she displayed during her time on the show?  If it's her then time will tell and the ratings will drop.  I don't think we can say with any real certainty that the good ratings are because people are watching MM because they like her or alternatively because they are hatewatching because they despise her and want to see what she's going to say next. 

TPTB know they can pick up any random conservative to bring "sparks" (if that's what they want) without that personal drama they don't need. Elisabeth wasn't exactly a big name, after all.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

That was my thought as well.  It's got nothing to do with her family connections and everything to do with her apparently being fired over allegations of sexual misconduct.  I just can't see ABC looking past a charge like that to put her on a show like The View.  

Nothing ever came of this. No charges were ever made against her. No one knows for sure what happened, but legally - it was just false allegations. So ABC has no  worries of her being a legal liability. 

37 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

Nothing ever came of this. No charges were ever made against her. No one knows for sure what happened, but legally - it was just false allegations. So ABC has no  worries of her being a legal liability. 

This is from Wiki so may not be accurate but it sounds like it was settled--so something happened. 

In mid-2017, Guilfoyle signed a long-term contract extension with Fox.[24] A year later, in July 2018, Guilfoyle abruptly left Fox News;[25] she then began working for a pro-Donald Trump super PAC.[26][27] HuffPost reported that, at the time of her departure, the network had been in the midst of a year-long sexual harassment investigation into Guilfoyle. Network officials had given Guilfoyle an ultimatum: resign by the end of July or be fired.[26] The New Yorker subsequently corroborated reports that Guilfoyle had been forced to resign rather than leaving by choice.[28]

After Guilfoyle's departure, Fox News agreed to an out-of-court settlement with an assistant who had accused Guilfoyle of sexual harassment. Terms were not disclosed, but The New Yorker reported that the settlement was at least $4 million.[28] The assistant alleged that Guilfoyle frequently displayed herself naked, showed photographs of the genitalia of men she had sex with, and required her to sleep over at Guilfoyle's apartment.[28] The New Yorker independently verified several of the assistant's allegations.[28]

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TheView said:

Emma Vigeland for sure 

You think they'll hire a Progressive instead of a Conservative?  The show barely recognizes that part of the political spectrum even exists. 

In an ideal world, they'd hire both.  Sadly we don't live in that world. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

She really is. The others have been too rich and too Hollywood for too long to know much about the real world. 

Whoopi would quit because of Emma 

Edited by TheView
  • LOL 1

I saw a rumor which I hope isn't true, that the producers want Candace Owens.  And that Whoopi and Joy have said if she comes onto the show, they will leave.

The article also said that the show is looking into having rotating co-hosts until they settle on somebody permanent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I saw a rumor which I hope isn't true, that the producers want Candace Owens.  And that Whoopi and Joy have said if she comes onto the show, they will leave.

The article also said that the show is looking into having rotating co-hosts until they settle on somebody permanent.

Candace Owens is disgusting and I would never watch that bitch.. 

• Love 15
44 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I don't know what impact Whoopi leaving might have but I do know when Joy was off the PTB realized pretty quickly that they'd screwed up!

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Candace Owens is disgusting and I would never watch that bitch.. 

You're right. Even though I often say just about anyone will be better than Meghan, Candace really isn't. She is literally dismissive of inexcusable murder. 

• Love 6

My prediction:

The ABC powers that be will test out a permanent replacement host by rotating & testing co-hosts for the entire fall season. 

Will then test out audience reaction/ratings of course. 

New host will start after the holidays in spring 2022.

Its going to be someone youthful, almost unknown. Low salary requirements. 

I'd really like someone with bonafide credentials and education. Like another lawyer, a doctor, a PHD in something. Really bring some intellect to the table. Fact oriented, not emotional. 

NO FOX REJECTS. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 13
On 8/22/2021 at 2:34 PM, Bossa Nova said:

My prediction:

The ABC powers that be will test out a permanent replacement host by rotating & testing co-hosts for the entire fall season. 

Will then test out audience reaction/ratings of course. 

New host will start after the holidays in spring 2022.

Its going to be someone youthful, almost unknown. Low salary requirements. 

I'd really like someone with bonafide credentials and education. Like another lawyer, a doctor, a PHD in something. Really bring some intellect to the table. Fact oriented, not emotional. 

NO FOX REJECTS. 

They showed the Stacy London rerun today and the way Whoopi was w/ all the 'my friend' and 'love you's, makes me wonder if she is in the running.  I'd be cool with that, i like her.

On 8/18/2021 at 1:18 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

https://okmagazine.com/p/elisabeth-hasselbeck-the-view-possible-return-meghan-mccain-replacement/

So Elisabeth’s not on the table then. Sounds like she might’ve been reached out to by the show and was up for doing it if it was remote since she doesn’t want to move, but the show’s going to be live again next season.

Ugh.  Please God no.  Lol.  The new set looks great.  It will be so good to be back on it!  Lets see if hopefully (no outbreaks) they can stay there.

• Love 3

I wonder if we will just get recycled fomer hosts for the first half of the season.  They could celebrate their 25th Anniversary by bringing back former co-hosts to do a week (or two). Start off with Meredith, then Matenopolous, then Star Jones. If they each did two week stints, there are enough former co-hosts to last until January.  Then they do auditions when they return to studio in 2022.

If they remain remote (which I think they will), it will be easy to beam in the Former Co-hosts from wherever they are.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I wonder if we will just get recycled fomer hosts for the first half of the season.  They could celebrate their 25th Anniversary by bringing back former co-hosts to do a week (or two). Start off with Meredith, then Matenopolous, then Star Jones. If they each did two week stints, there are enough former co-hosts to last until January.  Then they do auditions when they return to studio in 2022.

If they remain remote (which I think they will), it will be easy to beam in the Former Co-hosts from wherever they are.  

Rosie won't want to return 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, TheView said:

Or at least not with Whoopi still there. Hey, here’s a thought. Get rid of Whoopi & make Rosie the lead.  At least she can read a teleprompter!

Btw, as an extra bonus, if Rosie is the boss, we would get a lot more Broadway performances.  I really miss those!

• Love 10
On 8/15/2021 at 1:51 PM, RedElf said:

As will I! It will be telling who they bring on. If it's a stunt like Meghan or Candace or that awful Duffy woman with a thousand children, then it's clear they are only interested in being a female version of The Jerry Springer Show, the more "sparks" and eyerolls, the better.

If they bring on a thoughtful conservative voice, like Ana, or SE Cupp, or Tara Setmayer, then they are interesting in having a show that can handle real discussions. Heck, bring back Abby Huntsman! Or someone young, in her 20s or 30s.

I am slightly encouraged by the fact that the new showrunner supposedly sat down with the panel after the "I don't care what you think" idiocy and told them that this wasn't the kind of show they were interested in having anymore. I'm hopeful.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, TheView said:

True. but I was surprised how much she was featured in the "voices only" promo.

This isn't a lifetime commitment. It would just be for a week or two.  And we know there are enough former co-hosts out there.  With Ana in the mix, they don't really need a guest co-host every day, whether its an audition slot or a legacy slot.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Gravity Check said:

I am slightly encouraged by the fact that the new showrunner supposedly sat down with the panel after the "I don't care what you think" idiocy and told them that this wasn't the kind of show they were interested in having anymore. I'm hopeful

If this is true then things are looking up.  I had a feeling once two of Meghan's biggest supporters behind the scene were gone she would be gone and that did happen.  Now if the show can get back to being what it once was it will be more enjoyable to watch.

I like the idea of rotating guest hosts with previous hosts in the mix. As long as they are clear about who and who isn't auditioning. We don't want another Jeopardy debacle with viewers thinking every guest co host has a shot at filling the seat permanently.  

Is that Brian guy still the EP?  For a show about women for women it would be nice if the EP was a woman.  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Gravity Check said:

I am slightly encouraged by the fact that the new showrunner supposedly sat down with the panel after the "I don't care what you think" idiocy and told them that this wasn't the kind of show they were interested in having anymore. I'm hopeful.

I missed this - what happened exactly?  I am so glad if the powers that be are finally listening to the other hosts and not taking their lead from troublemakers!

20 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Carly Fiorina?  Seriously?

I mean, she has run for office, and has experience in front of a camera.  That isn't to say she's a dynamic choice, but she isn't completely out there.  I think Condoleeza Rice is the really odd choice.  Maybe she'll surprise me, but I never viewed her as someone who would be comfortable with the View's format.   

• Love 4
1 minute ago, txhorns79 said:

I mean, she has run for office, and has experience in front of a camera.  That isn't to say she's a dynamic choice, but she isn't completely out there.  I think Condoleeza Rice is the really odd choice.  Maybe she'll surprise me, but I never viewed her as someone who would be comfortable with the View's format.   

I was more surprised about Fiorina because of her age.  She is going to be 67 yrs. old next month.  

IIRC Rice was once a guest on the show.  She is also turning 67 in a couple months.

I'm not being ageist when I say I think the show needs a younger woman's point of view.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I wouldn’t worry about any guest host not fitting the format. The producers will hand her a question to ask a person being interviewed, the interviewee will answer it, then they move on to the next host’s question. Unless they are back in the studio there is no need to worry about flow or organic conversation. 

6 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I missed this - what happened exactly?  I am so glad if the powers that be are finally listening to the other hosts and not taking their lead from troublemakers!

https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/26/meghan-mccain-joy-behar-beef-the-view-abc-president-too-toxic-personal-attacks/

https://pagesix.com/2021/07/05/the-view-co-hosts-are-relieved-that-meghan-mccain-is-out/

Multiple sources and insiders told us the old regime at ABC always had McCain’s back. In fact, when McCain and Sunny Hostin weren’t getting along, sources told us former brass relayed to Hostin, “‘Get along with Meghan or get out.'”

Edited by falltime
Added link
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

S.E. Cupp??  Ugh.  She's nothing more than an extension of MeGone (f/k/a MeAgain). MeGone recently mentioned on the show that she speaks with her a couple of times a day.  They are very close. S.E. isn't a friend in her head which doesn't say much about S.E. to me. She recently tweeted she was suffering from anxiety and having a hard time of it and would be stepping back from some things.I'm sure those daily interactions with MeGone don't help her anxiety levels. 

I believe she had tried out for the show some years ago and Whoopi didn't take to her if my memory serves me correctly.

Edited by Badbea99
Clarification
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Eboni K. Williams has helped ruin the current season of Real Housewives of New York.  She's a very full of herself know-it-all who was on a Fox News show at the same time MeGone was employed by Fox. I didn't realize she's a conservative. She does have a law degree so the interaction between her and Sunny should be interesting. 

Edited by Badbea99

Fiorina and Rice are both way too stiff for a talkshow. I doubt Cupp will fit either even if she's not the worst choice ever. Not liking Cupp was one of the few things Whoopi and Rosie O'Donnell could agree on, from what I remember. I've always found her laugh off-putting (the same way some here reacted to Cristela Alonzo's laugh back when she guest co-hosted). And I'd almost feel sorry for her if she was cast on this show, because you know McCain would probably be constantly in her ear before / after the show everyday telling her what she should say and that would be horrible for anyone's health, lol.

I don't know most of the other names. Hearing that one of them is a Real Housewives reject is horrifying; hopefully she'll tank when she guests. Keep that garbage on Bravo where it belongs.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't know most of the other names. Hearing that one of them is a Real Housewives reject is horrifying; hopefully she'll tank when she guests. Keep that garbage on Bravo where it belongs.

As someone who watches some of those shows, even I agree. I do NOT want The View to be a political version of Housewives. 

Cameran Eubanks was on the Southern Charm reality show set in Charleston. She's married to a doctor and has a daughter. She wasn't political on SC. From what I saw of her on SC, she wasn't totally annoying, but she wasn't talking politics.

• Love 2

As long as it's not someone with a famous/politician parent or spouse, I'm okayish. S. E. Cupp doesn't thrill me, but I'd rather see her on the show than Bari Weiss or Janice Dean or any other Friend of Meghan.

Eboni K. Williams' actions make it clear that her Housewives stint was just a springboard to her preferred career. I'd rather see her on The View than creating artificial Teachable DEI Moments on RHONY.

2 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Edited by Vanderboom
Sorry I can't get rid of quote box
  • Love 2

I was just thinking about what I really want in the next co-host.  I really do think they need a conservative viewpoint - but what they also need is someone who can be convincing.  I would love it if they could find someone who can be friendly and engaging and put forth that viewpoint in such a way that I come away thinking "hmm never saw it that way before, food for thought".  Somehow though I don't think that's what they're going to do.

• Love 7

Any bets on who they'll cast? I personally think it'll be Alyssa Farrah. For one thing, I think they'll want to cast someone younger than the others to balance the general age of the panel, which knocks Rice and Fiorina out of the running and perhaps Tafoya, too.

I was thinking Cupp could be likely, except I remember some here pointing out that Whoopi was out when Cupp was there... Which could mean Whoopi doesn't want her on the show, and Whoopi has much more pull than the rest of the cast. There was a decent amount of press over Farrah's appearance on the show, too, which is why I feel like she hits most of the bulletpoints they're probably wanting.

I think if they are going to use a conservative they should choose Mary K Hamm. She did well on her few days. She's not stiff, she's very conservative but not a deranged trumper and she's very personable and warm imo. She has an interesting life, widowed mother of two, who's husband was an Obama staffer. and she's only 41. the show is trending older and older every year. she's obviously not a 20 year old but younger. 

Carly, Gretchen, and Condy had no personalities. 

Alyssa looked afraid and SE was too much of a butt kisser to be chosen as the conservative. she's basically as republican as Ana at this point lol. 

Mary Katherine has my vote personally.

Edited by Buckeye71034
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I can guarantee Rice, Fiorina, and Tafoya have no interest being hosts on the show. I think SE Cupp is still hoping for the nod. 

the producers clearly want someone confrontational and not agreeable to Whoopi and joy. Elisabeth and Megan were the two longest conservative hosts for a reason. While Nicolle and Jedediah who were more agreeable didn't last.

• Love 2

Jedidiah was definitely as bad as Elisabeth to me. I believe she was only fired to make room for MM, who had some strings pulled for her. I have no doubt Fiorina would like to have this job, not so sure about the others. Although I'd say Rice was certainly doing the most if she wasn't really interested...

Mary K is probably in the running, too. I personally thought she came across a little off with the others. She was antagonistic, but in a more quiet-spoken, passive aggressive way. The other ladies would definitely end up having disagreements with her, just not the sparks they probably want from someone more openly aggressive, imo.

• Love 1

Looking at the shows they chose to re-run, I have the feeling I was right to resign myself to the people behind-the-scenes picking someone argumentative for the fifth seat; Rice and Tafoya were the most repulsive of the people they had on. Whether or not either of those women actually wants a job like this one themselves, I can't help but take it as a sign of the type of person they'll choose for the seat unless Whoopi has more power than Brian Teta does.

Either way, nothing could be as bad as the last one. I'd prefer someone like Mia who can keep the heat to the topic and still be friendly with everyone, but even someone who seems like a genuine asshole a la TaFoya / Rice would be an improvement on the last one as long as most of their nonsense is focused on the topic and not invented personal drama and slights. I'm just glad Jedidiah being unvaccinated eliminates any slim shot of *her* returning to the show.

• Love 1

I read somewhere that Michelle Tafoya is leaving SNF at the end of the season with hopes of taking a job as a political talking head. I don’t know if it means The View, which seems like a step backward, but it could be what she intends. 

11 hours ago, Haleth said:

I read somewhere that Michelle Tafoya is leaving SNF at the end of the season with hopes of taking a job as a political talking head. I don’t know if it means The View, which seems like a step backward, but it could be what she intends. 

the report I see floating around is that she is being "sidelined" as sideline reporter because of her comments about Kaepernick made on The View.

• Useful 4