Type keyword(s) to search

Future Co-Hosts Talk and Speculation: Musical Chairs

mtlchick
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Ellis Bell said:

I just read Michele Tafoya is leaving NBC "for an undisclosed straight reporting role."  That doesn't sound like The View. 

From a NY Post article today:

Tafoya told The Athletic’s Richard Deitschthat she will co-chair the campaign of Kendall Qualls, an Army veteran and businessman who is running for governor of Minnesota as a Republican candidate.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

From a NY Post article today:

Tafoya told The Athletic’s Richard Deitschthat she will co-chair the campaign of Kendall Qualls, an Army veteran and businessman who is running for governor of Minnesota as a Republican candidate.

Thanks Haleth.  That sounds interesting and a lot more challenging than constantly jockeying for a 10 second rebuttal on The View.

I've reached the point with The View that if they put yet another wanna be Fox pundit in the co-host seat I have to stop watching.  I don't watch Fox for a reason and I don't want to see that kind of "news" on other channels.  I hope ABC is listening.  But given the current crop of hosts being tried out I somehow doubt they are.

• Love 10

I don’t mind if they get someone who has a different opinion but it better not be someone who spreads misleading information or downright fake news. Have a care, producers. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don’t mind if they get someone who has a different opinion but it better not be someone who spreads misleading information or downright fake news. 

Yes.  Or someone who rolls their eyes and admonishes the studio audience for laughing or clapping.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Whoopi liked Mia, too, from what I remember. I'd take her any day of the week over this woman, ugh. Ana, she is NOT. Ana is fun and likable even when I disagree with her. Yesterday when they were talking about infrastructure, she pissed me off the way she talked over Sunny. The other three tried to let her speak her full thoughts, but she couldn't return the favor and started loudtalking over Sunny. I was glad Sunny started shouting back at that asshole.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

If this show is hellbent on picking someone from those that have chemistry tested more than once I’d begrudgingly give it to Alyssa. She was by no means a favorite but out of those that have been brought back more than once she AT LEAST provides a perspective from a different age demographic for those non-political topics.

They need to listen to the original intro once more to remember why the show works best when there’s true ranges of age at the table.

• Love 5
On 3/31/2022 at 12:04 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

Whoopi liked Mia, too, from what I remember. I'd take her any day of the week over this woman, ugh. Ana, she is NOT. Ana is fun and likable even when I disagree with her. Yesterday when they were talking about infrastructure, she pissed me off the way she talked over Sunny. The other three tried to let her speak her full thoughts, but she couldn't return the favor and started loudtalking over Sunny. I was glad Sunny started shouting back at that asshole.

Heck, I'd take SE Cupp at this rate - and hope that Jane Coaston gets her own show!!!!

• Love 2
On 4/4/2022 at 5:36 PM, geekburger said:

They need to listen to the original intro once more to remember why the show works best when there’s true ranges of age at the table.

This and they need to back off from bringing someone controversial.  You'd think they learned their lesson but obviously they haven't.  I found the last year or two with SWSNBN exhausting.  I know that whoever they bring in won't be as bad as she was - well never say never I guess - but why oh why do they seem to think having people at the table determined to spread lies and half truths is what the viewing audience wants to see?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Article handicapping the candidates for the open chair.

Two things, Ana doesn't want the job so pointing out that she hasn't secured it in all the years of being the fill in is irrelevant.  And of the "long shots" Morgan Ortagus was running for a Congressional seat in TN until she was removed from the ballot so she may be a contender again.  

I hope she is not a contender again.  Simply based on her endorsements before she was removed from the ballot. You are known by the company you keep.

• Love 3

Whoever writes the Primetimer articles has always been a McCain shill--you could tell it from their headlines alone without bothering to read the articles (look at the three obsessing over Ana, if you scroll down the list). They have always had an ax to grind.

@Haleth: I also saw the Maddow segment about Ortagus last night and had a laugh.

On 4/9/2022 at 12:49 PM, Prairie Rose said:

$$$$$$$$$, unfortunately.

I don't think that's true, really. The ratings have been fine this year, disproving the theory they're needed for ratings' sake. At this point, it's more a case of certain executives pushing for it than anything else.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

My local newspaper subscription kept escalating.  My $41-ish monthly subscription CHARGED me voer $70 on two different months, when nothing changed on my online account.  Because of other complaints, I finally canceled the paper.  It was difficult.  It was a difficult couple of weeks.  I subscribed, instead, to the weekend (3 issues) New York Times.  I don't miss my local paper at all ... except for the obituaries which I can find online.

I'm beginning to feel the same about The View.  Not watching reruns...and don't miss the show at all.

Edited by Back Atcha
"beginning" NOT "begging"

I quit my newspaper subscription after >35 years of increasing costs and diminishing content.  My public library allows me access to my local newspaper and ~2000 others for free online.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

How much influence do the currents hosts have over who is ultimately chosen?  I mean I can understand they don't all have to like the new person but you'd think there would be some consideration given to choosing someone they can all live with.

• Love 1

My ideal timeline:

Dont rush to fill the fifth seat. Keep chemistry testing but bring in some new wildcards. Maybe they’ll get lucky and strike gold. Otherwise announce Alyssa at the end of season 25 and have her start in September.

Beg Joy to stay through the election. She needs to be there for all this upcoming political unrest. If she only wants one more season, give her the same treatment they gave BW. They can even do a “Year of Joy.” Don’t get shady and start chemistry testing for her seat while she’s still on the show.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, geekburger said:

My ideal timeline:

Dont rush to fill the fifth seat. Keep chemistry testing but bring in some new wildcards. Maybe they’ll get lucky and strike gold. Otherwise announce Alyssa at the end of season 25 and have her start in September.

Beg Joy to stay through the election. She needs to be there for all this upcoming political unrest. If she only wants one more season, give her the same treatment they gave BW. They can even do a “Year of Joy.” Don’t get shady and start chemistry testing for her seat while she’s still on the show.

Is Joy leaving the show?

On 5/5/2022 at 10:50 PM, Pearson80 said:

Is Joy leaving the show?

I hope not!  Why?  What have you heard?  Where did you hear it from?  Name your sources!  lol kidding.  It would suck though that's for sure.  I could see her doing a podcasr of current events and politics.  She has to be talking about stuff.  Same here.

• Love 1

I think Joy will sign another 3-5 year contract this year. This is the end of the one she signed in 2017, I believe. She might seek a bit of a pay raise as part of negotiations, but I doubt she's going anywhere yet, unless she just wanted to.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think Joy will sign another 3-5 year contract this year. This is the end of the one she signed in 2017, I believe. She might seek a bit of a pay raise as part of negotiations, but I doubt she's going anywhere yet, unless she just wanted to.

or maybe she'll seek a 3 or 4 days a week contract

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Haleth said:

Gee, Alyssa Farrah is all over the news.  Did she take a job at CNN?

Yea, I am seeing Alyssa all the time on CNN, maybe she is more interested in working there than at "The View"...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

This is just what I saw on Google News,  according to the New York Post, they have whittled it down to Farrah and Tara.  They also say that they would possible announce around August 5, before their break. Thoughts??? I vote Tara.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

After the January 6th Committee ends and after the midterm elections are complete, I would like to request  that Liz Cheney appear as a guest and as a co-host for a day on The View. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

You all see this?  Wanda Sykes refused to appear on the show with Alyssa.

https://www.primetimer.com/news/wanda-sykes-canceled-the-view-alyssa-farah-griffin

GOOD FOR HER. 👏👏👏👏👏

On 7/15/2022 at 7:46 PM, Glitches said:

After the January 6th Committee ends and after the midterm elections are complete, I would like to request  that Liz Cheney appear as a guest and as a co-host for a day on The View. 

I second that emotion!!! 😁

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I remember a while back reading something about Barry Manilow refusing to appear with Elizabeth.  

He did.  The show told him if he wanted to appear he had to appear with all the cohosts.   If I'm not mistaken they talked about it on air.

• Love 3