Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E01: 2019 Season Premiere

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I think Christie and the show would've been better served if her daughter Alexa would have stepped in for her. I know Alexa was booked with gigs in NYC this week but at least she has name recognition and her famous father. I think no one knowing who Sailor is will be her downfall, despite Val's rabid fan base.

I disagree.  Sailor looks just like a young Christie; Alexa does not.  Sailor will benefit from the illusion.  Alexa is not well known and watching her dance would be "who is that?" where as Sailor is instantly recognizable as Christie's daughter.  Sailor is a natural to get all of her mother's fan base.

• Love 4

Thank goodness DWTS posts all the dances on their YouTube channel, which means I can watch everyone but Spicey and Ray Lewis.

I don't watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows (no judgment on those who do though - I watched full on trash dating shows like Flavor of Love back in ye olden days so I get it!), so I had no opinions about Hannah beforehand. I'd say she's the best dancer of this year's cast. That cha cha was fast and she was on top of it.

Lauren looks like the second best female celeb this season. She is a performer and she did the beginning of the routine (in the chairs) really well. She was solid once she started dancing with her partner. Her footwork got a little imprecise at certain points, but overall she looked good.

Honestly, I thought Kate Flannery was going to be one of those older celebs (and by older I mean over 30) who stomped around clumsily and got eliminated early on. I was pleasantly surprised by how well she did. I don't know if she will be able to get enough votes to stick around long, but she's better than some of the other contestants.

I'm sure that Ally will be around due to the Fifth Harmony fans, but I thought she was just okay. Way too much hair flinging for my taste and she didn't look comfortable with the choreography. She's coordinated but not very polished in her dancing. She is one of those people who looks fine if she's dancing in a group because they're all synchronized, but on her own like this it's obvious that she's not a strong dancer.

Mary Wilson is the requisite older legend who will stick around based solely on the fact that she is who she is. She is coordinated but she was only good (not great) and I fear that she will not do well with faster paced dances. Still, she's better than Lamar Odom so hopefully he gets eliminated before she does.

Sailor was fine, but it's hard to judge her fairly against the other contestants since she had only three days to work on this dance versus the three weeks that everyone else had. Heh, and even with the short amount of time she had to learn this dance, she was clearly much better than Lamar

Kel might be the best male celeb this season. He executed the choreography well and he was performing well. Karamo and James Van Der Beek were selling their performances and clearly having fun, but I think Kel's dance skills are better. As much as I love Dawson and the Real World, James had sloppy footwork and Karamo is only loose from the waist up.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Kel might be the best male celeb this season. He executed the choreography well and he was performing well.

I felt like I saw Kel make several mistakes in his first dance (he definitely missed at least two cues because there was a point where Witney had to jump and reach his hand to get back in formation). But I do think he has the potential. For me, he definitely seemed better than Karamo. 

What makes Karamo good is the fact that he was able to do the lifts, but otherwise, I don't think he was THAT impressive. I had to sleep on it to decide that. I need to see his second dance in order to compare.

James has the flexibility and ability to actually move that impressed me. I'm honestly GLAD that he had sloppy footwork because that means that there's room for improvement. Everyone has their own standards for this show, but mine, as it turns out, are contestants who get to gradually improve over the season. Similar to Evanna last season and how she massively improved as a dancer, I see James taking that same trajectory (and I see Kel and Kate doing the same thing). 

As for who I think will go next week? I think it'll be either Lamar, Ray, or Sean. If a woman were to go next week, maybe it would be Mary? But I feel a bit more confident that it should be one of the other three. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

That's fair! Personally, I loved some of Keo and Evanna's dances last season. Her Harry Potter themed dance, the Disturbia dance, and the Freestyle were all highlights for me. 

Either way, since they sacrificed Keo this season for Gleb, he better be bringing some fantastic dances with Lauren this season for me.

This is where I'm at.  I don't mind that they brought in Pasha.  I liked him last night.  It's more that Gleb is considered worthy by the show over Keo and nothing about that makes sense.  Not even just in overall choreographing and teaching ability, but Keo also gets along with his partners better.  Gleb's partners don't even usually like him very much.

7 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

All the women were pretty good except Kate. She and Spicer looked really slow and out of shape.

James was really good! I really liked him, Hannah, Sailor and Karamo.

Spicer can join Bobby Bones in the most annoying contestant ever!

I don't think Kate looked out of shape at all.  I remember thinking she has some killer legs on her.

1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

I disagree.  Sailor looks just like a young Christie; Alexa does not.  Sailor will benefit from the illusion.  Alexa is not well known and watching her dance would be "who is that?" where as Sailor is instantly recognizable as Christie's daughter.  Sailor is a natural to get all of her mother's fan base.

I disagree because a good portion of the public has at least a passing remembrance of who Alex was before this show and Alexa looks exactly like her dad so that would be fairly obvious too.  I've known who Alexa is since she was a kid.  I have nothing against Sailor being here, but this is about the first I've known of her existence.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, spanana said:

No, I get it.  Was just curious.  Also I feel weird calling Kel a Nickelodeon kid now when he's a whole 41 years old.  He's basically the same age as James.

I didn't watch their show but it's weird to realize I'm only a few years older than them (I'll be 44 in a couple weeks). I had looked up Kenan when Bring the Funny started and had the same feeling (then I wondered what Kel is up to and, well, now I know...).

8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Gleb focuses too much on the sexiness of the dance.

Ugh, that's my problem with Gleb; he's so over the top. 

Am I the only one who's glad there are no precocious teenagers this season?

Edited by ams1001
gotta close parentheses!
  • Love 6

Emma looks great with brown hair!   It looks like Lindsay augmented her lips and she is not as cute as before.  I did not even recognize Jenna -- what did she do to her face?  Brandon is putting on weight.  It is odd to see a chunky pro.  

The little singer with the big personality can leave now, please.  She got way too much praise for her awful off-balance booty-shaking.  Her foot placements were terrible and she was hunchy and a camera hog.  Hate.

Kate is a delight.  I hope she stays a while.

Edited by Just Carol
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Ideally it should be Ray or Sean, since they were among the weaker dancers (Lamar's scores were low, too, but his fanbase could benefit him). 

But with the weird voting history this show's known for, who the hell knows? 

I don't think it will be Ray. A lot of people don't know his history and a lot of DWTS voters are willing to overlook history. He was better than a lot of the others and he has Cheryl as a partner. I don't think he'll win, but I also don't think he'll go first.

1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

Alexa looks just like her father and has been known since she was born to two extremely famous parents. Unless you're a fan of Christie and follow her, you might not even know she has another daughter.

19 minutes ago, spanana said:

It's more that Gleb is considered worthy by the show over Keo 

Or Artem.

• Love 4

First time poster here, so if I missed this being addressed I apologize.  Does anyone know why the new female pro (Daniella??) wasn't actually paired with anyone?  Or did I have a blackout and miss a total segment of the show?  I'm so confused about this:) :) :) 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kira53 said:

True, that Sailor looks like Christie. And I see the appeal of Sailor being a young girl dancing with Val. However, Alexa Joel is instantly recognized as Billy Joel’s daughter because she has his eyes. I would think fans of Christie Brinkley would definitely vote for her daughter with Billy Joel over a young daughter from a non celeb. Plus, there would be potential to have Billy Joel on the show.

Seems like a missed opportunity, but Alexa Joel was apparently busy. I believe she’s purposefully stayed away from the spotlight since both parents are such big ‘stars’. 

Their marriage was pretty iconic back in the day. The true “uptown girl” marrying a “regular joe” in looks. Except, obviously Billy Joel is Billy Joel! 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, giatocj said:

First time poster here, so if I missed this being addressed I apologize.  Does anyone know why the new female pro (Daniella??) wasn't actually paired with anyone?  Or did I have a blackout and miss a total segment of the show?  I'm so confused about this:) :) :) 

I've watched all but the first 3 (? I think) seasons and I have no idea who that even is. I guess I wasn't paying as much attention as I thought. (I don't usually follow the pro-specific background drama, though.) Is she part of the troupe? (Do they still have the troupe?)

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, giatocj said:

I think that with doing away with the troupe they brought in two extra pros to have around for bumpers and fill-in. No idea how that ended up being the new girl and Keo. I did read somewhere that Keo was in Nashville last week helping Gleb with his celeb, so maybe they're also helpers. After all, why should Peta's partners be the only ones taught by two pros? LOL

• Love 4

Well Spicer is already complaining on Twitter that the judges don’t like him.  Apparently because he ‘stands with Christ’ and not because he’s a horrible human dancer.  Lauren said that prayed before her dance and she got good scores so I'm thinking he’s gaslighting again.

7C421914-623A-4925-8EE2-49D1A77E8D25.png

Edited by LBS
  • Love 8

My top 5 are Hannah B., James Van der Beek, Kate Flannery (just because I love her but I don't think she'll go that far), Kel, and Karamo.   Overall I think they have a good crew this year.  I think either Lamar and Spicer will be the first to go.  I never realized how tall Lamar is!  I didn't think he deserved such low scores.

I hate the new paddles and I forgot how much I missed Tom on my screen!  

ETA: If they force a showmance between Hannah B and Alan , I will scream.  

Edited by LBS
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I've watched all but the first 3 (? I think) seasons and I have no idea who that even is. I guess I wasn't paying as much attention as I thought. (I don't usually follow the pro-specific background drama, though.) Is she part of the troupe? (Do they still have the troupe?)

No troupe this year, which really stinks.  I loved watching them and was hoping that some more of them might be elevated to pro like Alan, Jenna and Brandon were.  

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, LBS said:

Well Spicer is already complaining on Twitter that the judges don’t like him.  Apparently because he ‘stands with Christ’ and not because he’s a horrible human dancer.  Lauren said that prayed before her dance and she got good scores so I'm thinking he’s gaslighting again.

Oh, please. Was there even any mention of Christ in any of Sean's intro package? After all the ridiculousness of his time with the White House, does he really think anyone is going to believe their problem with him is his religion? (Actually I don't recall anything about his personal religious beliefs from that time, either.)

I usually roll my eyes at things like the stars praying before they dance, but my friend commented that she likes the country singer (I had never heard of her before) and she seemed nice and not too over the top with the religious stuff last night, so I said "praise the lord and pass the fringy pants." (My friend and I really like those fringy pants. I forget who was wearing them last night (I think they were purple?), but they're fun to watch all on their own.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, LBS said:

Is this unbelievable!!??  I truly wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that he had some redeeming qualities, but this stuff??  Nope.   I can now honestly say I tried...and he failed 😉 🙂 

• Love 19

The big thing that has to be considered when thinking of which two of Christie's daughters would have been a better fit is who wanted it more. Sailor seems like this would be more her thing. You have to have a lot of endurance to deal with DWTS. And Alexa doesnt seem to be into being in the spotlight.

• Love 4

Speaking of lack of troupe, I don't mind that by any means, but I thought it was interesting they fired the troupe and then had Britt Stewart (who has been in the troupe the last few seasons) as the extra dancer at the beginning of Lauren's routine.  They are still going to need extra dancers here and there even if they dial back the everything feeling like a big group routine.  Especially with Disney week coming, so I'm assuming they will just bring in extras as needed.

Also my understanding is that Daniela and Keo are the swing dancers to do pro routines and step in where needed if someone gets hurt and that sort of thing.  It would have been nice if they had introduced them last night and given them like a 30 second chance to dance but of course not.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, spanana said:

Also my understanding is that Daniela and Keo are the swing dancers to do pro routines and step in where needed if someone gets hurt and that sort of thing.  It would have been nice if they had introduced them last night and given them like a 30 second chance to dance but of course not.

I didn't even see Keo.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, spanana said:

Speaking of lack of troupe, I don't mind that by any means, but I thought it was interesting they fired the troupe and then had Britt Stewart (who has been in the troupe the last few seasons) as the extra dancer at the beginning of Lauren's routine.  They are still going to need extra dancers here and there even if they dial back the everything feeling like a big group routine.  Especially with Disney week coming, so I'm assuming they will just bring in extras as needed.

I had a feeling they'd never fully get rid of extra dancers. So I figure they mean that there won't be a permanent dance troupe who will dance in several numbers every week...more like a "take the extra dancers where we can get them and only when it's absolutely needed" type deal.

Hopefully, that's the case. Hopefully they use extra dancers as minimally as possible.

1 minute ago, boyznkatz said:

To Hannah's credit, she shot that down when they tried. 

Didn't Alexis also shut down any romance stuff at first with her and Alan last season? I distinctly remember them trying the Alexis/Alan romance angle in HER first week and she tried to shut it down.

And look where that got us (especially when Alexis started trailing behind other frontrunners and got far less votes than others). Which is why I wouldn't place the blame on Hannah if her and Alan are forced into another showmance. Alexis/Alan got thrown in the same thing last season and they "broke it off" as soon as their season was over with convenient excuses of them both travelling a lot. 

Luckily for Hannah, she does genuinely seem to be a frontrunner this season and theoretically she shouldn't be in the bottom of the pack, but I am feeling nervous that they'll try to force a showmance angle where there clearly isn't one, and especially if her and Alan have no "story" for the producers to exploit.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

The big thing that has to be considered when thinking of which two of Christie's daughters would have been a better fit is who wanted it more. Sailor seems like this would be more her thing. You have to have a lot of endurance to deal with DWTS. And Alexa doesnt seem to be into being in the spotlight.

I remember some time back Alexa had some mental health issues and even tried to kill herself? This show would be bad for her, so it's probably to her advantage that she's not on.

Now I remember why Christie Brinkley annoyed me in the 80s. Talk about being an attention wh0re. She needs to sit down and let her daughter have the spotlight.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Oh look golden boy ends up with someone who is young,  pretty and able.

When did Derek Hough return? I must have missed that....

Loved Hannah! James was amazing and a clear front-runner! Is it pathetic that seeing him with a happy family has helped me get over the end of Dawson's Creek (I was a Dawson/Joey shipper to the end)?

The rest were... meh. Where's Artem? I'd have kept Keo over Gleb.  WHERE IS MY GIRL SHARNA?

I love Val but I cannot stand Jenna one little bit. She is not a good teacher and only won her silly 4-week season because she was gifted with the innate talent that is Adam Rippon. I want her gone and Sharna back, kthanksbye. 

I missed Tom so much. Erin can go away any time now. Though I did give a loud chuckle when she compared Spicer's shirt to Seinfeld's infamous puffy shirt!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LBS said:

2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Oh, please. Was there even any mention of Christ in any of Sean's intro package? After all the ridiculousness of his time with the White House, does he really think anyone is going to believe their problem with him is his religion? (Actually I don't recall anything about his personal religious beliefs from that time, either.)

I usually roll my eyes at things like the stars praying before they dance, but my friend commented that she likes the country singer (I had never heard of her before) and she seemed nice and not too over the top with the religious stuff last night, so I said "praise the lord and pass the fringy pants." (My friend and I really like those fringy pants. I forget who was wearing them last night (I think they were purple?), but they're fun to watch all on their own.)

Jeez, Huckabee acts like Spicer was shanghaied onto the show instead of getting a six figure pay day.

There was nothing about his religious beliefs in his intro... although he did make a point of highlighting the tweet from Trump.

My biggest fear is that he goes a long, long way because of the Trump base, since if he stays, it won't be because he can dance or is a wonderful human being.

• Love 13

If it had to be one of Christie Brinkley's daughters who replaced her, I'm glad it's Sailor. Otherwise, all season long I'd hear my Echo responding to the judges with things like "I'm sorry, I don't know how to show you more hip action."

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, DancinCat said:

If it had to be one of Christie Brinkley's daughters who replaced her, I'm glad it's Sailor. Otherwise, all season long I'd hear my Echo responding to the judges with things like "I'm sorry, I don't know how to show you more hip action."

You win and we can all go home now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, giatocj said:

First time poster here, so if I missed this being addressed I apologize.  Does anyone know why the new female pro (Daniella??) wasn't actually paired with anyone?  Or did I have a blackout and miss a total segment of the show?  I'm so confused about this:) 🙂 🙂

My understanding is that Daniela and Keo are supposed to demonstrate the dances and show what the judges are looking for. 

Sean can go take a seat. Hashtag Christ - what a joke. Yes, Sean, the judges are out for your pathetic Catholic ass. Un-frickin-believable.

• Love 13

Wendy WIlliams thinks Chrisite Brinkley's injury is fake as hell

Damn!  Wendy Williams thinks it was always the plan for Sailor to dance, Christie accepted the slot and planned ahead of time to fake an injury to give her daughter a chance to be on the show. 

"Well that looked fake as hell! OK?" Wendy exclaimed in response to the video. "Let me tell you what I see. What I see is a 65-year-old hot stuff who looks like if you're going to fracture anybody you should've said the tailbone 'cause I don't see a wrist and a shoulder being fractured. But that was real cute. Listen, you know, so allegedly she went to the doctors. I don't know whether she had operations. I don't know whether she's still in the hospital or whether she's back home."

• Love 1
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

Damn!  Wendy Williams thinks it was always the plan for Sailor to dance, Christie accepted the slot and planned ahead of time to fake an injury to give her daughter a chance to be on the show. 

I know a lot of stuff on this show is fake, but I don't think this was fake at all.  You know how easy it is to break a wrist/arm when trying to break a fall?  Especially for women of a certain age and while Christie is gorgeous and all that, she's still in her 60's.  Plus the footage just looked like she tripped over Val's foot and then tried to break her fall which is IMO common.

When I originally heard Christie was hurt, I also was tempted to blame it on Val just because he has a really bad track record of injured partners I think because sometimes he pushes people too hard.  But this just looked like a freak accident.

• Love 14

Wendy Williams is a joke. Who would fake an injury? If Christie didn't want to be on the show when asked, she would have just said no, but her daughter was available. How hard is that?

Christie is being a drama queen, but I don't think she is faking. The woman is 65 years old and people that age are fragile, geez.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, spanana said:

I know a lot of stuff on this show is fake, but I don't think this was fake at all.  You know how easy it is to break a wrist/arm when trying to break a fall?  Especially for women of a certain age and while Christie is gorgeous and all that, she's still in her 60's.  Plus the footage just looked like she tripped over Val's foot and then tried to break her fall which is IMO common.

I was expecting something a little more dramatic. Seemed like such a small thing, to trip like that. But sometimes it's the small things that get you.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I disagree.  Alexa is relatively well known with two famous parents.  Sailor looks exactly like her father but with her mother’s smile.

It would be far more sentimental for Alexa to dance to the song her mother wrote for her father, versus Sailor dancing to the song her mother’s husband two husband’s ago wrote for her.   Plus, it would get Billy Joel in the audience.  Alexa would be a “natural” to get mother’s and father’s fanbase. 

Plus, most would “who is that” Sailor if her mother wasn’t sobbing all over her. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I've heard this idea being tossed around by other people, too (non celebrities).  We'll just never know for sure. It kind of doesn't make sense to me, but who knows.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Aw man, Lindsay is too good of a choreographer/teacher and too much of a consummate pro to keep SS out of Master P territory. Which sucks because that means we are stuck with him for at least four weeks (and that might be wishful thinking on my part). He's still a garbage human being who I want to see roasted mercilessly for every single week he lasts on the show.

He certainly didn't do very much (and neither did Ray for that matter), but I thought the 3 paddles for Lamar were way too harsh. Maybe two 4's and a 5 from Carrie Ann would've been a little more appropriate.

I can't stand Keo, and have been very vocal that he got way too many chances to stay in the line up as a pro. That being said, it's kind of a joke that he got bumped out of a pro slot for Pasha, who made zero impact (especially when their wasn't a similar bump out of a female pro for Danielle or Daniella).

JVB stole the show, but am I a little more concerned for him going forward in Latin dances. I think he will crush most of the standard dances him and Emma get this season.

For 72 hours of prep, Sailor was pretty solid....although she's probably a "who?" for most of the DWTS viewing audience. Val's got something to work with, but they probably need to fly up to the top of the judges leaderboard asap to have much hope to stay past the midway point of the season.

Hannah was fine, Kate was actually pretty fine too...but she's immediate toast unless they bust out the 1 and 2 paddles for Lamar next week. Ally might have the best chance to challenge JVB, but Sasha can't rely on her faux hip hop/5th Harmony dance training to mask her ballroom deficiencies or Len is going to ding them in his scores week after week. Lauren/Gleb, Mary/Brandon, Kel/Witney, & Ray/Cheryl didn't really make much of an impact on me...but they should all be fine for the first couple weeks at least.

If DWTS wants to be harsher with the scoring they should take a page from WoD and go for a scoring system of 100 (or maybe 50) that way you can clearly delineate gaps between couples without having to crush Lamar/Peta with an 11 to do so...

Why is he garbage? Do you know him?

19 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Wendy Williams is a joke. Who would fake an injury? If Christie didn't want to be on the show when asked, she would have just said no, but her daughter was available. How hard is that?

Christie is being a drama queen, but I don't think she is faking. The woman is 65 years old and people that age are fragile, geez.

Easy there...I just turned 60 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I disagree.  Alexa is relatively well known with two famous parents.  Sailor looks exactly like her father but with her mother’s smile.

It would be far more sentimental for Alexa to dance to the song her mother wrote for her father, versus Sailor dancing to the song her mother’s husband two husband’s ago wrote for her.   Plus, it would get Billy Joel in the audience.  Alexa would be a “natural” to get mother’s and father’s fanbase. 

Plus, most would “who is that” Sailor if her mother wasn’t sobbing all over her. 

Sailor seems sweet to I have zero issue with her stepping in and I fully understand Alexa probably wanted no part of the show, but I saw people suggest yesterday that Sailor will sail to the end based on the sympathy and the "I'm doing it for my mother" angle and I don't agree at all.

Had we voted last night, I think she would have sailed through a first elimination or two, also just based on the sympathy of having to learn a routine in three days.  But after the first few weeks nobody will care.  They aren't going to give Christie crying on the sidelines airtime every week and it would be one thing if Christie was deathly ill or majorly hurt (which I'm glad she's not and a shattered arm is the worst of it) but Christie will recover.  It's not that dramatic.  After that she has to find audience support as Sailor.

2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Why is he garbage? Do you know him?

Considering the man is already complaining on social media that his low scores are because Hollywood doesn't believe in Jesus and it's basically an assault on his religion or something, I'd say it's fairly accurate.  It couldn't be that his scores, which weren't even the lowest overall, were because he's a bad dancer. 

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, spanana said:

Sailor seems sweet to I have zero issue with her stepping in and I fully understand Alexa probably wanted no part of the show, but I saw people suggest yesterday that Sailor will sail to the end based on the sympathy and the "I'm doing it for my mother" angle and I don't agree at all.

Had we voted last night, I think she would have sailed through a first elimination or two, also just based on the sympathy of having to learn a routine in three days.  But after the first few weeks nobody will care.  They aren't going to give Christie crying on the sidelines airtime every week and it would be one thing if Christie was deathly ill or majorly hurt (which I'm glad she's not and a shattered arm is the worst of it) but Christie will recover.  It's not that dramatic.  After that she has to find audience support as Sailor.

Considering the man is already complaining on social media that his low scores are because Hollywood doesn't believe in Jesus and it's basically an assault on his religion or something, I'd say it's fairly accurate.  It couldn't be that his scores, which weren't even the lowest overall, were because he's a bad dancer. 

link?

2 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I remember some time back Alexa had some mental health issues and even tried to kill herself? This show would be bad for her, so it's probably to her advantage that she's not on.

Now that you mention it I do remember something about Alexa having some mental health problems. Yeah likely not a great thing to deal with the DWTS stress (ditto for Lamar who has been to hell and back.)

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Now that you mention it I do remember something about Alexa having some mental health problems. Yeah likely not a great thing to deal with the DWTS stress (ditto for Lamar who has been to hell and back.)

True, I have no idea why Lamar is subjecting himself to being bullied by the judges. He looked really crushed by his scores. I know he had past issues, but damn, they could have used some restraint.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, giatocj said:

It was a tweet between him and Mike Huckabee.  If you're on Twitter you could probably find it...or even on Google.  I'm sure it's there by now.

It was also posted earlier in this thread.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, spanana said:

I don't mind Sailor, I was just reacting to the poster who was dismissive of Alexa.  I just hope they crack down on Sailor having to run to her sobbing mother, and said sobbing mother getting to stand with the couple while judging.  It was irritating when every other progeny of celebrities tried it, and last night it cut down on time to speak to the other "stars".

Agreed on Sean Spicer.  A basic google search would address the question.

26 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

True, I have no idea why Lamar is subjecting himself to being bullied by the judges. He looked really crushed by his scores. I know he had past issues, but damn, they could have used some restraint.

The guy survived the Kardashians so you'd think he was tough, but he seemed so vulnerable and earnest.  This show invites on people with no dancing skills and limited physical fitness, and then the judges rip them to shreds.  There's got to be a better way to deal with this without turning off viewers, at least this viewer.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I just hope that Christie doesn’t stick her nose in after every one of Sailor’s dances.  It’s her time now, and not Christie. 

• Love 7

If you want a demonstration of the hypocrisy of the judges' comments, look no further than their treatment of Karamo versus Ray Lewis. Karamo comes out and does an energetic but fairly sloppy dance, true enough. The judges shit all over him. Len gives him a stink face and says he was disappointed. Nit pick, nit pick, nit pick. Which would be fair enough if they treated all celebs the same.

The very next dancer is Ray. He comes out and does just as poorly if not worse. Do the judges shit all over him? No way. They're all smiles and sunshine with Ray and blow smoke up his ass. True, they give him low scores, but their difference in attitude is astonishing. Or, would be astonishing, except for their proven track record of glad-handling the football players. I guess poor Karamo isn't worthy since he isn't a sports celeb.

This is why I absolutely cannot watch this show live. I have to FF thru the judges comments, Carrie-Ann's ridiculous antics and Erin's incessant, tongue-tied babbling.

I know a lot of stuff on this show is fake, but I don't think this was fake at all.  You know how easy it is to break a wrist/arm when trying to break a fall? 

I'm the first person to jump on the conspiracy band-wagon, but there was video of Christie in the hospital which would have been pretty hard to fake. I will say that if a fall that innocuous was "the worst break" the doctors had ever seen she must be as brittle as chalk. She would have snapped something sooner or later, and needs to see a specialist about osteoporosis.  

• Love 10