Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E28: The Mother Of All Surprises

• Start Topic

AngeIa- can’t bring myself to feel sorry for Her. I do however feel sorry for that dress that probably had to be thrown out after. I bet the smell of cigarette’s is still haunting that bridal shop today. 

Lacey- is totally trying to make her two low life’s clash in an Epic battle to compete for her platypus looking ass. She’s not worried at all,because she knows they both will be sent back to jail and she’ll be off looking for the next group.  It’s a sick game to her. She gets a thrill out of lying,while soaking in the BS compliments from inmates. 

Cheryl- She is just trash. I don’t care what the mother accused her of, at the end of the day that’s his mother. You could at least show a little bit of maturity & respect.  Be the better person. 

Vincent- Something is off about this dude.  And Amber is horrible for taking “gifts” when she has no intentions on being honest with him. 

Lizzie and Daniel are a snooze fest. They look like they belong on Love after Juvie. 

Andrea’s Iphone screen not cracking during that over dramatic scene of her throwing it to the ground is more impressive than any of  these people will ever be. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5
On 9/14/2019 at 12:01 PM, Giant Misfit said:

I'm fairly certain that we'll still be waiting to hear Lizzie's secret by the time season 8 rolls around.

And maybe I misheard, but didn't Shane explain to Lacey's friend (note to friend: you seem sane and normal...RUN NOW!) that he "took a charge" of malicious wounding but it was because he was "being kind" or something? 

Oh, man. Angela and her friends in that bridal store. I hope the owner de-loused the place after they left. 

Whenever I  am trying to help others,  I catch a malicious wounding charge.  Helping someone cross the street? Malicious wounding. Handing a dollar to a homeless person?  Malicious wounding. Volunteering at the animal shelter? Malicious wounding.  Are you telling me this isn't normal?

Who doesn't want a man who calls you a chick?  

Maybe Cheryl is pulling out clumps of hair  so she can look more like Tina with her style-by-egg-beater hair style. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
On 9/13/2019 at 9:16 PM, hookedontv said:

If I were the wedding dress sales lady I would be like “ma’am, please take the dress off before you have a meltdown and your heavy mascara streaks down onto the dress.”

Or, "Put on this full body stocking that we will discard later."

To those that might know, what could/would a bridal shop say to someone that wanted to try on dresses, but looked unsavory or dirty?  I have zero retail or bridal experience and am truly curious.   

I wouldn't want to put on clothing after any of these women.  I get itchy at the thought.

On 9/14/2019 at 1:07 AM, Hannah94 said:

You guys, I don't know if I am going to make it through this season. These people are just so painfully dumb and boring to boot.

You try to talk a good game, but you can't quit US!

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, tvtubebaby said:

This is going to sound ridiculous, and I feel ridiculous writing it, but Shane has a very nice way with people.  He keeps telling Lacey he wants to know more about her, makes friendly (not creepy) eye contact, isn’t smarmy or smug, doesn’t have that career criminal user attitude like Amber, was earnest with her friend—just seems to sort of have good, country manners. I guess what I’m trying to say is, he’s not a Matt, and maybe the difference is that he’s not a methie. 

Still, malicious wounding. 

Nope.

Hey, Shane is young and dumb.  People can certainly turn their lives around after prison, but being with Lacey isn't going to do him any favors.

And I'm forever Team Amber.  I don't see her pulling any con on Vince... yet.  Normal people like to know each other a bit, and be attracted to each other, before sex. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Kangatush said:

Hey, Shane is young and dumb.  People can certainly turn their lives around after prison, but being with Lacey isn't going to do him any favors.

And I'm forever Team Amber.  I don't see her pulling any con on Vince... yet.  Normal people like to know each other a bit, and be attracted to each other, before sex. 

I think these two are playing out a production-driven storyline for all they’re worth. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

To those that might know, what could/would a bridal shop say to someone that wanted to try on dresses, but looked unsavory or dirty?  I have zero retail or bridal experience and am truly curious.   

I wouldn't want to put on clothing after any of these women.  I get itchy at the thought.

I suspect that unless the person were, like, covered with mud, they'd ask them "What are you looking for today?" You can't necessarily tell who can afford what by looking at someone.

9 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Where are Shane's people? Does he have parents? Why is LACEY the one to pick him up from jail?

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Kangatush said:

The only thing I fault Amber for is taking expensive gifts ....like a bed. 

This is NOT all her fault.....Vince is very clearly trying to buy a relationship or accelerate the relationship with gifts.  

But I still think it's wrong for her to take the gifts.

My sister once dated a cop who was SUPER into her.  She wasn't that into him.  He bought her an expensive bicycle for her birthday (the first and only one he was around for) and my mother was adamant that my sister give that bike back.  My sister did so grudgingly though she knew it was the right thing to do.  

I guess to me just because you can take advantage of someone doesn't mean you necessarily should.  Even if they are using their gifts as a means of manipulation and control.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I guess to me just because you can take advantage of someone doesn't mean you necessarily should.  Even if they are using their gifts as a means of manipulation and control

@Adeejay was making a similar observation:

On 9/13/2019 at 9:34 PM, Adeejay said:

When is Vince going to wake up and  smell the fact that Amber doesn't want him. In all fairness, knowing how she feels, she should stop accepting his gifts/favor.  This is how people get hurt. This Is How People Get Hurt. 

These people are playing a dangerous game.  

Going on the assumption that someone seeking out love with a  prisonor isn't firing on all cylinders, it would probably be best not to tempt fate by jacking them around.

A dude like Vince (or easily a woman) might be looking at all that time and money as "layaway payments" invested on their future fantasy relationship or jiggy-jiggy.

Jailbird comes out and doesn't deliver, making them out as a fool, could easily push someone over the edge.  That's how stalkers (murderers) are born.  

It's morally wrong to play with someone out in regular life, but when both parties are of questionable self control...that's just trouble looking for a place to land.

That weird looking chick playing two convicts at the same time is also dumber than hair.  She even looks like she's enjoying her drama.  Good luck, babe, your Reality TV career might end up over on the ID Channel...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I suspect that unless the person were, like, covered with mud, they'd ask them "What are you looking for today?" You can't necessarily tell who can afford what by looking at someone.

Where are Shane's people? Does he have parents? Why is LACEY the one to pick him up from jail?

I do agree that you can't tell who has money just by looking at them, but I think the poster is refering to how gross someone is, and if that allows a business to not want that person trying something on.  Like, if the person has BO - you can't ever get that out.  I wouldn't want a dress that someone with bad BO has tried on. 

Would the dress shop be in the right to not allow someone with BO to try on the dress?  Cigarette smoke is icky but I bet a lot of people smell like that.

Or, if the person has scabs or some skin problem that may get on the dress - can you say no?? 

As for Shane's people, maybe they are the maliciously wounded?

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I do agree that you can't tell who has money just by looking at them, but I think the poster is refering to how gross someone is, and if that allows a business to not want that person trying something on.  Like, if the person has BO - you can't ever get that out.  I wouldn't want a dress that someone with bad BO has tried on. 

Would the dress shop be in the right to not allow someone with BO to try on the dress?  Cigarette smoke is icky but I bet a lot of people smell like that.

Or, if the person has scabs or some skin problem that may get on the dress - can you say no?? 

As for Shane's people, maybe they are the maliciously wounded?

Yup.  That's what I meant.  How does a shop protect themselves from damage? (plain gross), schmeering make-up, tanner or big girls trying to squeeze in and ripping something?  

Can anyone just happyass in and start trying on 10k dresses?  Do they ask for a credit card hold? Or just cross their fingers?  You can't just go to the Jaguar dealership and start driving cars...if you could, old, Grangela would do it AND fire up a smoke for the ride.

I suppose if I watched SYTTD, I might know these things 😁

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Yup.  That's what I meant.  How does a shop protect themselves from damage? (plain gross), schmeering make-up, tanner or big girls trying to squeeze in and ripping something?  

Can anyone just happyass in and start trying on 10k dresses?  Do they ask for a credit card hold? Or just cross their fingers?  You can't just go to the Jaguar dealership and start driving cars...if you could old, Grangela would do it AND fire up a smoke for the ride.

I suppose if I watched SYTTD, I might know these things 😁

I'm not married but have helped friends shop for wedding gowns, including at Kleinfeld's (the Say Yes to the Dress store), and Vera Wang. Wedding dress shopping isn't the same as buying a pair of jeans and taking them home that day. High-end bridal shops require appointments. When you decide on a dress, you pay a certain amount up front and the rest when the dress is ready. At places like that, the gown you try on often isn't the gown you buy - they order it in your size and it's altered. That's why you're supposed to shop months in advance. If you go to Kleinfeld's and tell them your wedding is next month, you're not getting your dress altered.

If you want to try on a dress that isn't your size, they'll either clip you into it if the dress is too big (with things that straight up look like Chip Clips) or try and cram you in if the dress is too small; if the dress has no hope of getting on (if the dress they have is a size 8 and you're a size 18), you can't try it on. Also, wedding dress sizes are weird - you usually have to go up a couple of sizes from your street size. If you're plus-sized you can call ahead and make sure they have dresses you can try on.

I have personally seen sample wedding gowns with stains on them, so not all dresses are cleaned between clients. I believe the dress you buy is cleaned before it's packed and given to you, though.

I would guess that the cameras being there might have been new for the bridal shop, but Angela and her friend and sister being rough around the edges is not.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I'm not married but have helped friends shop for wedding gowns, including at Kleinfeld's (the Say Yes to the Dress store), and Vera Wang. Wedding dress shopping isn't the same as buying a pair of jeans and taking them home that day. High-end bridal shops require appointments. When you decide on a dress, you pay a certain amount up front and the rest when the dress is ready. At places like that, the gown you try on often isn't the gown you buy - they order it in your size and it's altered. That's why you're supposed to shop months in advance. If you go to Kleinfeld's and tell them your wedding is next month, you're not getting your dress altered.

If you want to try on a dress that isn't your size, they'll either clip you into it if the dress is too big (with things that straight up look like Chip Clips) or try and cram you in if the dress is too small; if the dress has no hope of getting on (if the dress they have is a size 8 and you're a size 18), you can't try it on. Also, wedding dress sizes are weird - you usually have to go up a couple of sizes from your street size. If you're plus-sized you can call ahead and make sure they have dresses you can try on.

I have personally seen sample wedding gowns with stains on them, so not all dresses are cleaned between clients. I believe the dress you buy is cleaned before it's packed and given to you, though.

I would guess that the cameras being there might have been new for the bridal shop, but Angela and her friend and sister being rough around the edges is not.

Thank you!  Having never been bridal gown shopping, I had no clue about the mechanics of it!  The whole "sample" thing makes sense.  It's kind of a given that the sample might take a beating, but if it survives the season, it gets put in the "sample sale".

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I have bought a wedding dress and it was at a high end place - I knew I was buying custom dress, but I still would not want to try on a dress with a weird odor, or stains from someone's oozing wounds...  I know this is rare, but I am just curious if a shop can look at a filthy person and say NO.

Also most not-high-end shops do sell off the rack, and it would be gross to be getting a dress already mucked up by someone who tried it on.  I just wonder if there is a line in the sand re: hygiene. 

• Love 5

You guys! I think Angela should find a foreign fiancé- ala "90 Days". Apparently all you need is long blonde hair to get a pretty decent looking (albeit jobless) Tunisian love rat. She could score a much cuter dude than Tony from Nigeria, Syria or Tunisia. Tony is scrawny and talked high pitched like his balls ain't dropped. She should really cross reality shows. She would probably make a great girlfriend to some lucky green card scammer! Mycull, if you're reading this- hit her up :)

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

but I am just curious if a shop can look at a filthy person and say NO.

Maybe that's where the sign on the door "We reserve the right to refuse service..." covers their butt.  Restaurants toss out "unsavory" characters all the time.  As long as there's no ADA lines crossed, they might be on solid ground.

• Love 2
On 9/14/2019 at 5:26 AM, Hannah94 said:

Josh seems too normal for this shit show, and too normal for her. I know he's a criminal, but on the surface, he comes across as a banker or something - no pun intended; he just seems so clean cut in appearance and when he speaks.

To me, Josh screams mass shooter or cult leader!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Or, "Put on this full body stocking that we will discard later."

I have little experience with wedding dress shopping, but all three of the women were literally pawing through the dress rack. I was cringing at the skin oils and cheeto dust fingers. Usually we see the dresses with heavy plastic covers, but not in this store.

I thought Angela looked ridiculous in a pure white, lacy floor length (with train) dress swishing and twirling in all her raggedy long haired glory. I think she would be considered a butter face. No shade, I'm old too.

"Is it drugs, Tony!? Is it drugs...? Where are you!?" She wanted so badly to rescue him once again. 

Vince - when they were lying on the new bed and Amber told him she wanted to sleep alone, Vince literally gritted his teeth and a real nasty cloud came over his face. That girl is in danger. In a TH he said he had never had a real relationship, but that he wanted to marry her pdq. This guy has some serious issues. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’ve never seen any bridal shop that would let you take photos like in all these reality shows. 

Production makes all the arrangements ahead of time, usually paying the location owner or proprietor to film. Everyone shown signs a waiver. If you see someone with a blurred face, they didn’t sign the waiver and didn’t get paid for appearing in the scene.

• Love 5

Smaller shops will usually let you take pictures.  I haven't been to many shops but one was higher end and most definitely stated that you couldn't take pictures AND a shop attendant had to be in the dressing room with you, not a friend or family member. 

This was probably like 15+ years ago though when my friend got married. 

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

I have little experience with wedding dress shopping, but all three of the women were literally pawing through the dress rack. I was cringing at the skin oils and cheeto dust fingers. Usually we see the dresses with heavy plastic covers, but not in this store.

I thought Angela looked ridiculous in a pure white, lacy floor length (with train) dress swishing and twirling in all her raggedy long haired glory. I think she would be considered a butter face. No shade, I'm old too.

"Is it drugs, Tony!? Is it drugs...? Where are you!?" She wanted so badly to rescue him once again. 

Vince - when they were lying on the new bed and Amber told him she wanted to sleep alone, Vince literally gritted his teeth and a real nasty cloud came over his face. That girl is in danger. In a TH he said he had never had a real relationship, but that he wanted to marry her pdq. This guy has some serious issues. 

This is part of the reason Amber should not be taking gifts from Vince.  Logically, you and I know there are no expectations when someone gets you a gift....but very clearly Vince does not understand that in his little reptilian pea brain. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Maybe that's where the sign on the door "We reserve the right to refuse service..." covers their butt.

Yeah, I think low end restaurants would be about the only places you'd see that sign, not on a bridal salon. 

I think Angela and her sis/pal are trashy looking, and Angela does no doubt smell like tobacco, but I can't imagine that constitutes grounds to deny service. They all had (elaborate) mani/pedis, and their hair looked clean to me. Their clothing may have been tacky/inappropriate, but didn't appear to be ragged or stained.

I notice that all of the retail shown on Love After Lockup-restaurants, bridal and apparel/lingerie shops, funeral parlors, etc- are all very mom-and-pop, small time places. I assume they either think the PR from appearing in this show is worthwhile, or they're being compensated in some way. (The only exception I can recall was the hotel where Clint worked, last season; I don't remember the chain, but it was identifiable).

• Love 2

I'd imagine if you were shopping in a high-end bridal boutique and you weren't the type of customer they were looking for, you'd get the message (Pretty Woman style) loud and clear before you even got near any of the dresses. 

• Love 6
On 9/14/2019 at 11:28 AM, AZChristian said:

I know the first bed the salesman mentioned was a Tempur-Pedic.  Vince did not buy her a Tempur-Pedic with mattress, box spring, frame and delivery for $700.  

I have a memory foam mattress from Sam's Club. Some kind of Serta. I got it and a box spring delivered to my house for $800. Best mattress I ever felt!!

On 9/14/2019 at 11:51 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Looks like Cheryl got he teeth fixed? They’re all decked out with veneers now. 

No way!! When? Could have sworn I saw the wonky eye tooth.

• Love 1
On 9/17/2019 at 12:58 PM, BallisticNikki said:

No way!! When? Could have sworn I saw the wonky eye tooth.

I saw the wonky eye tooth too! I guess I'll be paying extra special attention tonight. 

It's not right how excited I get when I remember this show is on tonight! Can't wait for the snark to begin...

• Love 3
On 9/13/2019 at 9:16 PM, hookedontv said:

A few top-of-mind comments (I’m still processing this shit show):

Angela & Donna: unfortunate-looking sisters (though Donna’s advice of “dump his ass” was spot on).

Angela: wake up and smell the prison hooch-he has NO intention of spending any time with you, let alone sleeping with you or marrying you. 

If I were the wedding dress sales lady I would be like “ma’am, please take the dress off before you have a meltdown and your heavy mascara streaks down onto the dress.”

Vincent: Amber isn’t into you, she’s letting you buy her things until her wifey Puppy gets released. Call Angela, she’s got some free time now. 

More snark later! 

Absolutely what I thought about all these situations except I was too clueless to think of the reason why Amber was being cagey.

The mascara comment  was exactly what I was thinking!

• LOL 1
On 9/14/2019 at 12:51 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Angela really did look gorgeous in her dress. Maybe she can still take her friend up on the offer.

I thought so, too. She looked great in both of those dresses. Unfortunately, she's turning into this show's Caesar. Couldn't believe that after what he did, she wanted to save his behind.

Since it appears a federal officer contacted her, it seems he really did fly the coop, as well as trying to get rid of her.

• Love 1
On 9/15/2019 at 11:42 AM, Hellohappylife said:

AngeIa- can’t bring myself to feel sorry for Her. I do however feel sorry for that dress that probably had to be thrown out after. I bet the smell of cigarette’s is still haunting that bridal shop today. 

Lacey- is totally trying to make her two low life’s clash in an Epic battle to compete for her platypus looking ass. She’s not worried at all,because she knows they both will be sent back to jail and she’ll be off looking for the next group.  It’s a sick game to her. She gets a thrill out of lying,while soaking in the BS compliments from inmates. 

Cheryl- She is just trash. I don’t care what the mother accused her of, at the end of the day that’s his mother. You could at least show a little bit of maturity & respect.  Be the better person. 

Vincent- Something is off about this dude.  And Amber is horrible for taking “gifts” when she has no intentions on being honest with him. 

Lizzie and Daniel are a snooze fest. They look like they belong on Love after Juvie. 

Andrea’s Iphone screen not cracking during that over dramatic scene of her throwing it to the ground is more impressive than any of  these people will ever be. 

Lacey gets a gleam in her eyes she can't control when she sets them up and thinks her "suitors" are going to fight over her.  She won't truly be happy until there's a fight and bloodshed and someone ends up hurt/dead/in jail, all because they "love" her sorry ass.

• Love 1