Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/2/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Here's the discussion thread. Neither of the ABC related websites have a guest list for this week up yet. I'll update this post when I find one though. The following are guests listed according to the site that makes tickets to The View available. 

Tuesday, Sept. 3 – Day of Hot Topics with Abby's babies as guests

Wednesday, Sept. 4 – The Political View with Sen. Bernie Sanders; rapper Rick Ross (author, “Hurricane”)

Thursday, Sept. 5 – Wendy Williams (“The Wendy Williams Show”)

Friday, Sept. 6 – Pamela Anderson

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4

So disappointed that there were no cast changes over the break. I was really hoping Abby found she was too busy with three little ones to make the schedule work. I forgot about the generational wealth factor. 

Also disappointed that Meghan's summer bid to get booted off the show failed.

36 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Stephen King!!!  He is amazing.  And FYI, IS a good person to follow on Twitter.    

I second this. King gives great Twitter.

18 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

"I am not living without my guns" - Meghan McCain.

Okay then.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

20 minutes in and Meghan says, “We’re back” and acting like she’s miserable.  So, why’d she come back?

Did she say "we're back" or "welcome back" ? She said it with such a nasty attitude. Doesn't sound like someone who wants to be there.

• Love 15

During the outro, Joy said she saw Nancy (I'm assuming she meant the House Speaker) and Hillary (Abby asked, Clinton?) and they both told Joy they would come on the show.

HRC coming on would be a nightmare, only because I'm sure Meghan would disrespect her to no end...

Anyway, today's show was just what you'd expect, for those who didn't tune in.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

I updated the original post. The guests I posted before were for next week. The calendar on the ticket site is screwy so it's easy to get dates mixed up.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

That Meghan, she's a clever twit. The table is talking about background checks and loopholes and Meghan is ranting about Beto "gun grabbing". Great way to avoid a real conversation you big giant entitled baby.

She did that, and she went right to gun terminology as a distraction.

If pedantry is your main argument (oh I just can't talk about this without using the right terms was her basic stance) maybe you ought to learn how to fucking pronounce PUNDIT first, McCant.

Also, did you hear her slip in the "virtue signal" language, when Sunny was trying to ask an earnest question?

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
26 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

“As the only gun toting chick on the panel”    Just laughable.  She couldn’t wait to talk about it, yet she really had nothing to say.  She is completely uninformed and can not handle any push back.  Her idea of talking about something is to read 90 miles an hour off her blue cards.  

Exactly.  If she is so much better informed, why does she need to read her statistics and opinions off blue cards?  Every time they are talking about guns, Joy asks if she has automatic or semiautomatic assault weapons, but MM never answers.  So the answer is probably No.  She and hubby probably have a handgun in NYC and a shotgun and rifle in Wyoming & Cactusland, not arsenals like some of the people in her tribe.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Hey Guys

I have not been commenting for the past couple of months as I went to the View Detox Rehab Center because I had had enough of Elsa, Abby and Oh Yeah Whoopi and have not watched as my blood pressure kept rising due to those 3.  Yet I would come to read your comments everyday.  Miss you.

I tried watching it for a few minutes today and realize just as I no longer will be watching the first 2 hours of the Today Show because of the most self centered person next to Elsa and Whoopi - HODA, I can not watch the show.

In regards to why they are back

Abby - What else is she going to do but sit around with her boat load of money, nanny housekeeper and feel that she is such a hard worker.

Whoopi - What else is she going to do as people do not like her, she is not as funny as she thinks, has no IQ and but do a job and be miserable and clearly hates but collect YACHT FULL OF MONEY 

Elsa - She is there because she is the only person and I mean the only person who knows what America wants, is thinking and because she is the smartest person in the entire world (I am gagging in my mouth as I am writing this), the only way she can keep reminding us how she has lost a father and everything else about him (I am trying to be very careful what I write), to be able to read the cards and ideas that someone (you know who) wrote for her, it is her moral and civic duty she is sacrificing so much to be miserable at the table, she gets more money than God to do nothing and make people miserable, who else who would hire her after this and most of all she is there all miserable because SHE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THE WORLD AND HER EGO NEEDS YOUR LOVE.  Now if you will excuse me I am going to the bathroom to throw up.

Have a great week and keep the comments coming 

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan's attitude of "I want to keep my guns no matter what" is just so incredibly selfish and offensive.  She comes close to being as big an asshole as the people who post comments like "I don't care if people die the second amendment gives me the right to bear arms."

Exactly, and she’s not far from the people who make those posts. Her love affair with guns is incredibly bizarre to me. 

I haven’t watched today’s episode yet, but hasn’t she previously gotten worked up by some people on the left making it out as if some people on the right (like her) don’t have hearts for those affected by gun violence? If the shoe fits...

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Hillary is witty enough to hold her own with Meghan.  

I just watched the part of the show that's been uploaded to youtube.  What struck me was that Meghan had the opportunity to see CHER live, and though she enjoyed the show, she had to throw in that "Cher doesn't agree with my politics."  WTF?!?!?   Cher is a performer, don't pretend that you chatted with her about politics, you might read about her political views online, but the appropriate thing to say is "I don't agree with her politics."  Do NOT speak for Cher.   Better yet, don't even bring up political views of other people just to diss them.   It seemed totally disrespectful to praise someone's performance, then immediately go to right/left, conservative/liberal rhetoric.   Meghan says she doesn't like "partisan politics."   PROVE IT!  

I'm surprised she went to a Cher concert. I thought she only enjoyed "red state things".

1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

If the shoe fits...

You mean if the flag boot fits.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, deirdra said:

William looked like he was rolling his eyes rather than adoring MEghan.

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing, the baby was laying there staring up at the lights 😐bubble over his head, "really this chic"🤨 Fine I'll just go to sleep 😴😁.

J/k I'm sure he was so comfortable with his new crush Meghan. 😏

How dare Sunny mention children being killed by assault weapons ***virtue signal***

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Whoopi was talking about making sure current gun laws are enforced and Meg goes into a screech about how that's a different subject than seizing guns from citizens.  Yes, Meg, it is.  That's what the topic was.  You were the one who decided to change the subject to gun seizure.  

Welcome back, indeed.

10 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Abby looks wonderful,most rested than any around that table.

Ironic since she's the one dealing with 3 babies!

• Love 16

Oh boy, here we go!

Why is Meghan wearing a giant white pantsuit?

5 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:
  7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

William looked like he was rolling his eyes rather than adoring MEghan

Did Meghan really say he liked her boobs??

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Meghan honey.  I can be against automatic, semi-automatic, assault, whatever, guns/weapons, without buying them, shooting them, or studying the differences between the terms.  BOy, did she have an attitude  about guns!   she brought up not wanting a ban on guns,  Sunny ASKED "what about banning assault rifles?"  And Meghan talked over her, dismissed the topic, sipped from her mug, muttered something about "welcome back."  And then when Whoopi went back to the topic of closing loopholes, Meghan again says, "that's not the same thing as gun-grabbing!"  

Beto O'Rourke wants a program to buy assault weapons from people.  ASSAULT WEAPONS, not the kind of handgun that many people have to protect themselves.   Meghan says "he can't have my guns!"  So, when she's talking about shooting guns in Wyoming, does she have an arsenal of ASSAULT WEAPONS??  

• Love 24
26 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Hillary is witty enough to hold her own with Meghan.  

I just watched the part of the show that's been uploaded to youtube.  What struck me was that Meghan had the opportunity to see CHER live, and though she enjoyed the show, she had to throw in that "Cher doesn't agree with my politics."  WTF?!?!?   Cher is a performer, don't pretend that you chatted with her about politics, you might read about her political views online, but the appropriate thing to say is "I don't agree with her politics."  Do NOT speak for Cher.   Better yet, don't even bring up political views of other people just to diss them.   It seemed totally disrespectful to praise someone's performance, then immediately go to right/left, conservative/liberal rhetoric.   Meghan says she doesn't like "partisan politics."   PROVE IT!  

That’s probably the biggest lie out of her mouth. Meghan reminds me so much of a coworker of mine. All “I hate the divisiveness. Why can’t we all just get along.” But then they’re the first ones to get political, left vs right, argumentative, and rude. She’ll never prove she doesn’t like partisan politics because she lives for it. 

• Love 20

https://decider.com/2019/09/03/the-view-premiere-meghan-mccain-guns/?fbclid=IwAR1cwtd94fUyJluQhsGiOHBbOkyGhihBeuGbduyNS5F_3tulc8-EGLnOA88

From the article:

and if candidates continue talking about “taking people’s guns from them, there’s going to be a lot of violence.” Said the conservative co-host, “I’m not living without guns.”

Yeah those are the kind of people who deserve to keep their guns alright.

• Love 19
42 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wouldn't want to be in a room with MM tottering on her high heels, firing off shots while using her trigger finger to get her hair out of her eyes every 5 seconds.

What if we had water pistols and wore masks? 

SalvadorDali.jpg.4af6f4845f8071bfb7f5027b2daa8adc.jpg

(Mask reference Netflix streaming "Money Heist")

• Love 3

It's like they were never away and didn't have a month off to come back relaxed and refreshed.  Meghan already looked grim and uncertain walking out to the table.

It does seem like she just doesn't want to be there, (and I don't think she does), but I had the thought for the first time today that maybe the visible manifestation of her unhappiness is exaggerated because she wants to make it crystal clear to people whose opinion she cares about (her husband, other conservative somebodies) that she'd really, really, really rather be somewhere else.

I'm sure there are other people in the media who are unhappy in their job, but we don't know about it, since they don't carry on like a 3 year old made to sit at the dining room table until they've finished their peas.  But Meghan, when at a table of people who are having a conversation, is surly, and avoids eye contact the majority of the time by either looking down at her blue cards (and who, other than Meghan, uses blue cards to have a conversation) or out towards the audience.  She's holding herself apart from them and  emphasizing, "I'm not a part of this group", almost as if they're beneath her.  Maybe she thinks if she were to behave otherwise she would get major blowback from her "tribe" that she was enjoying the company of these people.

Meghan, in the gun buy backs I've seen covered on the news, no one comes to your home; people bring their guns to a specified location and get paid there.  There's no "gun grabbin'" goin' on.

I guess we're not going to hear the last of "the most important political TV show in America" until after the election next year.  It was only a headline, not some established fact.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

It's so irritating (and other adjectives) that Meghan thinks her hobby trumps the desire to keep people from getting mowed down and killed in public spaces. Like, I play the clarinet and have for 20+ years, but if thousands and thousands of people were killed every year by some lunatic with a clarinet, I'd understand why people wanted to regulate it. Get another hobby, Meghan! Make a ship in a bottle! Crochet something! 

Exactly!!! At the top of my head she could play an instrument, get involved in sports, shop, dance, do martial arts (which would go with her tough chick shtick), camp, hike, do yoga (which would maybe chill her out), cook, bake, the list goes on and on. 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Exactly!!! At the top of my head she could play an instrument, get involved in sports, shop, dance, do martial arts (which would go with her tough chick shtick), camp, hike, do yoga (which would maybe chill her out), cook, bake, the list goes on and on. 

She could even serve meals once a week at a local homeless shelter or St. Vincent de Paul or Goodwill.  She could read to children in hospitals.  There are SO MANY things she could do that would (truly) make her feel better about herself without even realizing it.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I agree, and I agree with her, about lists of actors Messing wanted. That's none of her business, and Whoopi was right about a blacklist. I don't even know of anything Deborah Messing is in..

54 minutes ago, General Days said:

She's the Grace in Will & Grace (long-lived NBC sitcom, which was recently revived after years off the air). 

Here's her IMDb profile: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005226/

35 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Thankyou..:-) I know the show was revived, I thought it was cancelled.

We used to be able to nest comments, but I don't know how to do that now. Sorry for the layout.

I'm a little confused, because I understood your first comment to mean you didn't know Debra Messing had much of a career, when she's been working pretty regularly since the 1990s.

Anyhow, Will & Grace ran from eight seasons between 1998 and 2006, then ended. It was later revived in 2017 for a ninth season. It has been renewed through its 11th season, which should air in 2020, at which point it will end again. It wasn't cancelled, so much as they decided to wrap it up after next year. 

I appreciated Joy making the "white list" joke about the whole thing, and I also agree with her on avoiding the whole McCarthyism implications of a black list. Besides, the vocal, celebrity Trump supporters (James Woods, Scott Baio, Kid Rock etc) are pretty loud about their support.

If someone's not actually pimping Trump to me, I think I could watch them act and not care about it. If they're out there espousing and agitating for ideas that offend me, I would be turned off by them and not really want to watch them. It wouldn't be a boycott scenario for me, so much as a "No thanks."

I've felt like that about Susan Sarandon since 2016. Since she came on my radar in the 80s, I've wanted to see her play Bette Davis. By the time Feud premiered on FX, I didn't want to look at her. 

I thought Whoopi sounded a little overblown about it, though. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

20 minutes in and Meghan says, “We’re back” and acting like she’s miserable.  So, why’d she come back?

I truly believe this is going to be her last season, by the looks of it she is giving off a bitchy, snarky attitude to everyone, especially in the gun topic. 

Watch, I sense that something is going to happen, some confrontation. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, General Days said:

I appreciated Joy making the "white list" joke about the whole thing, and I also agree with her on avoiding the whole McCarthyism implications of a black list. 

I think Whoopi equating a list of people at a Trump fundraiser to McCarthyism is wrong.  People are free to support Trump just as people are free to not want to be associated with people who support Trump.

11 minutes ago, General Days said:

If someone's not actually pimping Trump to me, I think I could watch them act and not care about it. If they're out there espousing and agitating for ideas that offend me, I would be turned off by them and not really want to watch them. It wouldn't be a boycott scenario for me, so much as a "No thanks."

I can't watch reruns of Everyone Loves Raymond because of Patricia Heaton.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23

I just have to say, i LOVE the song they are using for bumper music. That'll get ya dancing!  Or in my case, cleaning something during breaks haah! The song is Lizzo 'exactly how i feel'  excellent song selection TPTB! Im so glad they're back, and to quote a certain Sir....oooooooh the Bitch is back!  Which sounds harsh in theory but.......still kinda fits heee 😎

• LOL 5
  • Love 4