Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/2/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

What WAS her point, anyway?  she wants the media to have a "gun beat", gun-owning reporters assigned to cover gun-related stories.  BUT - the only time guns are in the news is when people are shot.  So, we need gun-owning gun advocates to put a positive spin on these stories?   Or will they exclusively cover the few "good guy with a gun defeats bad guy with a gun"  stories?  Or is it just so they can drone on about classifications of automatic, semi-automatic, assault, etc. guns, and how an AK 47 is not the same as an AR 15, as though THAT is the important thing to report on when there are dead children?  

Maybe Meghan just hinted at what she wants as her next job - covering the "gun beat"  for a major media outlet.  

Wasn't that kind of the job that Dana Loesch held?  What feel good stories can they actually tell about guns?  No one cares if so and so hit the target right in the middle, people don't want to see the animal you just killed, no one wants to see you successfully carry your AR into an Arby's.  Really, what does she expect this gun beat person to report on?

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Is it just me or is anyone else already bored with this season?

I keep thinking, "why did they even come back"?

When they were on hiatus, I had the show on in the background. It could have been old or new-difficult to tell. They rehash the same shit over and over. Nothing new at all to see there.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I'm so bored already that I haven't even bothered to tune in.  And judging by all your comments here, nothing has changed; same old same old.  In fact, all of your comments thus far this new season of the show could have been taken from any previous one of our threads from any random week last season.  Yay, show.  Way to keep things fresh! 

16 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

When they were on hiatus, I had the show on in the background. It could have been old or new-difficult to tell. They rehash the same shit over and over. Nothing new at all to see there.

Yep!

• Love 17
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

I'm with you.  Shame on production for not doing some things to refresh  it.. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

It never ceases to amaze me how some people are incapable of any empathy until it touches them personally.

Think of the thousands and thousands and thousands of parents who ridiculed, attacked, and made life dangerous for gay human beings...until they learned THEIR child was gay.  Whole 'nother story (usually).

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am not anti gun but I am for reasonable/common sense laws.  The way Meghan acts about them is no different than a little girl and her doll (near tantrum and talk of taking them).  I know people hunt for food due to need.  Meghan will never have that need.  The glee she seems to have over killing an innocent creature baffles me.  But then again, I will NEVER understand sport or hobby hunting.

Reading this, Natalie68, reminds me of the publicity photos of Eric and Donnie Trump with the beautiful (sometimes endangered) animals they've killed.  When I come across them and am horrified--when she sees them, does Meghan's little heart beat faster and she considers calling her travel agent?  "Trump and his brother Eric, both avid game hunters, were featured in a series of controversial photos posted online posing with animals they had killed in Africa in 2012, including an elephant, crocodile, kudu, civet cat, leopard and waterbuck."

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 5
On 9/3/2019 at 2:17 PM, blondiec0332 said:

I think Whoopi equating a list of people at a Trump fundraiser to McCarthyism is wrong. 

Amen and WTF was Whoopi on about? (My god, her comments are maddeningly elliptical and confusing and so full of "ums" and "you knows" I want to shake her until her bones rattle.) McCarthyism was a government witch hunt bent on stripping citizens of their constitutional rights; this is about citizens deciding if they want to spend their disposable income (and attention) on someone supporting a political figure they find abusive and reprehensible.

If you don't want anybody to know you've given money to Trump (or anyone else) that's an issue for the actor to ponder long and hard, not information to be hidden from consumers.

On 9/3/2019 at 6:01 PM, bannana said:

Sunny continues the freeze-out of MeAgain, but in a more subtle way.  MeAgain seems to be in on it, because she all but has turned her entire body to face the audience and not Sunny.  

I was impressed with Sunny; she was throwing out an icy hauteur worthy of The Women (jungle red!)

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghans face is rounder.  Her jawline is softer. 

The last time I noticed this, I speculated that she might be pregnant.   And she was. 

Just saying. 

Yes, but during the hiatus, she posted to Instagram and a lot of us commented that she looked as if she'd lost some weight. My pet theory is that the makeup artists reverse-contour her to make her face look rounder because she's so rude to them. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Yes, but during the hiatus, she posted to Instagram and a lot of us commented that she looked as if she'd lost some weight. My pet theory is that the makeup artists reverse-contour her to make her face look rounder because she's so rude to them. 

You have a good point. On Tuesdays show, when she was wearing white, her face looked very big and round, like a full moon.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I missed it what did she say? 

Just that when she was a kid her nanny wanted to take away one of her books, but Mom said no.  She said it casually, like everyone had a nanny.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, OnTime said:

Why did  Megan bother  coming back....why didn't she just quit????  she is such an unpleasant person.......

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Just that when she was a kid her nanny wanted to take away one of her books, but Mom said no.  She said it casually, like everyone had a nanny.

I forgot about that! It reminds me of the episode of Friends where they are comparing traumatic Thanksgivings and Chandler talks about the butler who was sleeping with his dad and Phoebe goes "Oh did the little rich boy have a little problem with the help?" or something to that effect.  

• Love 10

I can see where it grates, but I'd rather she be honest about her wealth growing up than pretending to be a middle-class kid.

I already throw up in my mouth a little when she affects a Western drawl every time she talks about being a "good ol' girl" (pay attention, you'll notice it). I'd rather not have her pretend to be Susie from P.S. 18, too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:
15 hours ago, Haleth said:

And Meg continues to spout the lie that Elizabeth Warren “pretended to be a Native American.”  Over the break I read EW’s book and this is just not true. She does have an ancestor (great gma?) who was NA, which is a far cry from “pretending” to be NA. 

Just about every family that's been in this country for a while has a story about a Native American ancestor. That's how we used to learn things, stories passed down from our older relatives. It was only with the advent of commercial DNA kits that we learned more about our genetic makeup.

1.  I'm disappointed that not ONE panel member challenged Meghan's calling Elizabeth Warren a LIAR!

2. My ex-husband told everyone (especially our children) that he/they were part Native American because his mother was born in Oklahoma.  My boys got their DNA tests and learned they are NOT Native American.  I saw the ex's mother's birth certificate and she was born in Idaho. I don't think even HE believed his own "stories."

• Love 7
2 hours ago, deirdra said:
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I missed it what did she say? 

I didn't catch the name of the book Meghan mentioned.  It was during the discussion about the "exorcism" of the Harry Potter books by a Catholic elementary school.  Meghan said that when she was 11, her nanny took a book away from her because of the title--which included "Witch."

4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

1.  I'm disappointed that not ONE panel member challenged Meghan's calling Elizabeth Warren a LIAR

There isn't a Warren supporter on the panel.  Joy loves Biden, Sunny is hard to pin down, the 2 republicans are idiots and Whoopi is still reeling from the fresh new insight that major corporations don't pay a penny in Federal Income Tax!  WTF?!?!

This is why I can't watch the discussion part of the show.  I deleted the first show of the new season because it had no guests.  I only watched Bernie's segment yesterday.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm disappointed that not ONE panel member challenged Meghan's calling Elizabeth Warren a LIAR

I wanted to scream when she said that. The View really kisses ass to Biden smh. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

You have a good point. On Tuesdays show, when she was wearing white, her face looked very big and round, like a full moon.

Color me shocked, shocked! that this self-described the Best AMERICAN PATRIOT that ever Patrioted, didn't know it was a faux pas to wear White after Labor Day.

• LOL 15
13 hours ago, film noire said:

Amen and WTF was Whoopi on about? (My god, her comments are maddenly elliptical and confusing and so full of "ums" and "you knows" I want to shake her until her bones rattle.) McCarthyism was a government witch hunt bent on stripping citizens of their constitutional rights; this is about citizens deciding if they want to spend their disposable income (and attention) on someone supporting a political figure they find abusive and reprehensible.

If you don't want anybody to know you've given money to Trump (or anyone else) that's an issue for the actor to ponder long and hard, not information to be hidden from consumers.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around any of them equating this to a blacklist in any sense when the information is always made part of public record. Whoopi often talks out of her ass and doesn't seem to think that use of appropriate words and being coherent is all that necessary for her job. Whoopi was effectively arguing against (and Meghan co-signing with her sound effects in the background) the freedom of an individual to make informed personal and professional decisions that they feel is consistent with their integrity and values because that essentially was their point - they have their eyes on that fundraiser and will be paying attention to who is spending what and maybe that will shape their own personal decisions of who they work with and what corporations they support as a consumer. That is within their right. At least wait for them to start calling for collective boycotts before getting incensed over the request to have public information shared.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Color me shocked, shocked! that this self-described the Best AMERICAN PATRIOT that ever Patrioted, didn't know it was a faux pas to wear White after Labor Day.

Maverick. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I already throw up in my mouth a little when she affects a Western drawl every time she talks about being a "good ol' girl" (pay attention, you'll notice it). I'd rather not have her pretend to be Susie from P.S. 18, too. 

Yes, Meghan has a little thing she does when she's portraying herself as a down-home American/Arizona/Wyoming gal.  At times it's obvious, other times it's subtle.  She cocks her head slightly to one side, talks out of the side of her mouth (like she's got a cigar) and has a slight drawl.   Most often, it's when she's talking about whiskey, guns, or understanding "trump's base".  

• Love 11
12 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Kudos to the makeup artists if that is the case

• Love 6

I'd comment on the show so far but I could not decipher one single word that was said.   They ALL talked at the same time; they ALL talked over one another; all I heard was blah blah blah blah blah.    The whole first segment was a hot mess.   I hope that before they come back from break, all their mothers text them about taking turns.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

They're all screeching over each other AGAIN over Joy's freaking lasagna.   Shut up already!!!!   

Best part of this segment?   Whoopie saying 'You're all always on a diet', and MM shouting back, "I am never on a diet!   I am never on a diet!  Look at me!  I am never on a diet!"

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I think she wore it hoping she would be criticized for it and get tons of press. She was trying the 'tan suit effect' but in white. As she squeezed her haunches into it, she dreamt of her face being on all the tvs in the tv store as every talking head across the world reported on her faux pas-ah but not so fast. Then she would have her mic drop moment where she revealed to all the plebes that she wore white to represent white in the flag and everyone criticizing her hates America and besides, that rule doesn't apply to the princess of Arizona.  Then she would do finger guns and say Pew! Pew! pew! and we are all dead.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I think she wore it hoping she would be criticized for it and get tons of press.

LADIES, LADIES, LADIES (MEN?) ... Can't believe I'm defending The Best American Patriot Ever--but she's from Arizona.  'Zonies have NEVER had that silly fashion rule.  We're usually wearing shorts and flip flops until at least Halloween...AT LEAST.  If you live where the temps are well over 100 long past Labor Day, you wear the lightest/whitest fabrics available.

I was a Phoenix teenager (late 50s) when I saw someone on TV laughing about a woman's wearing white SHOES after Labor Day.  Those archaic rules may be true where you live (and perhaps in NYC where Meghan stops in), but it's not in the Constitution.

We're finally cooling down here.  Our high today is expected to be 108.  I'm typing this at 8:53am when it's 89 degrees.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

re: Wednesday's show. Whoopi, who is enthralled with "the kid" Andrew Yang  probably in part cuz his "$1k to every american plan" might relieve her of her family sucking at her financial tit, also got it wrong (big surprise there!). He has not said that that money would come directly from companies like Amazon (although if they paid taxes, there would be more money in the US treasury to fund such a program, but that is another story). If Whoopi were a roofer, she's miss every third shingle.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9