Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/2/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think Whoopi equating a list of people at a Trump fundraiser to McCarthyism is wrong.  People are free to support Trump just as people are free to not want to be associated with people who support Trump.

I can't watch reruns of Everyone Loves Raymond because of Patricia Heaton.

During that whole segment i kept shouting Salem Witch Trials!!!  HELLO! Is no one listening??  Salem Witch Trials!?!   I gave up.  No one listened lol

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I can’t imagine coming off  a vacation doing what she loves to do (shooting fishing, and drinking) and being so sour right  out of the gate.  She sat down keeping her head down reading her blue cards and ready to rumble.  It’s was minutes from the end where there was what would pass as a sincere smile that involved the Catholic discussion.  She acts like she’s there against her will.  

Hmmm no mention of a return to her beloved home. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

“As the only gun toting chick on the panel”    Just laughable.  She couldn’t wait to talk about it, yet she really had nothing to say.  She is completely uninformed and can not handle any push back.  Her idea of talking about something is to read 90 miles an hour off her blue cards.  

Uh....has she forgotten about the OG with the g-a-t....Whoopi is wise just to keep her mouth shut.  We all know the story, it doesnt need repeating. And let MM have her w(h)ine.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

@General Days, I just do the single quote, and then drag the latest quote into the first quote, and voilà! It's nested!

6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

We used to be able to nest comments, but I don't know how to do that now. Sorry for the layout.

Thanks for the awesome tip Scorp!  I think i need practice with the nesting haha I've  got the quotes and authors mixed up.  Sorry!  Its like a list puzzle 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, 1SimonMom said:

Hey Guys

I have not been commenting for the past couple of months as I went to the View Detox Rehab Center because I had had enough of Elsa, Abby and Oh Yeah Whoopi and have not watched as my blood pressure kept rising due to those 3.  Yet I would come to read your comments everyday.  Miss you.

I tried watching it for a few minutes today and realize just as I no longer will be watching the first 2 hours of the Today Show because of the most self centered person next to Elsa and Whoopi - HODA, I can not watch the show.

In regards to why they are back

Abby - What else is she going to do but sit around with her boat load of money, nanny housekeeper and feel that she is such a hard worker.

Whoopi - What else is she going to do as people do not like her, she is not as funny as she thinks, has no IQ and but do a job and be miserable and clearly hates but collect YACHT FULL OF MONEY 

Elsa - She is there because she is the only person and I mean the only person who knows what America wants, is thinking and because she is the smartest person in the entire world (I am gagging in my mouth as I am writing this), the only way she can keep reminding us how she has lost a father and everything else about him (I am trying to be very careful what I write), to be able to read the cards and ideas that someone (you know who) wrote for her, it is her moral and civic duty she is sacrificing so much to be miserable at the table, she gets more money than God to do nothing and make people miserable, who else who would hire her after this and most of all she is there all miserable because SHE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THE WORLD AND HER EGO NEEDS YOUR LOVE.  Now if you will excuse me I am going to the bathroom to throw up.

Have a great week and keep the comments coming 

Dont forget the mouthwash!!!!  🤮🤪

• Love 4

What is so hard to understand that assault weapons should not be sold anywhere in this country. Abby was right in saying we should be able to go to a mall without being afraid of getting shot. Meghan is so damn afraid to lose her precious gun. 

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

From the way she was defending it, you would think she was at the fundraiser.

Whoopi sees everything through the lens of what  has happened to her.  This is nothing like her being blackballed for a joke she told about Bush (which she says she didn't say). These are people paying to go to an event for Trump. If someone doesn't want people to know they are supporting him then maybe they should rethink their choices.

• Love 22
42 minutes ago, rcc said:

What is so hard to understand that assault weapons should not be sold anywhere in this country. Abby was right in saying we should be able to go to a mall without being afraid of getting shot. Meghan is so damn afraid to lose her precious gun. 

I would love to see a "surprise" for Meghan.  ABC plans a secret surprise for her on air*.  She's taken to a nearby vacant area where she's encouraged to demonatrate an AK-47.  Miss Expert will be mightily surprised at the force of that gun she supports for all Americans.

*Like Sherri Shepherd did this:  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

No mention of it here either (her beloved hometown).  Many articles about her or the family and way too many Tweets reported...but no Meghan.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

She is back to continue to make the show miserable.

She isn't happy unless she is miserable.

She isn't happy unless she's making US miserable. 

49 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I can’t imagine coming off  a vacation doing what she loves to do (shooting fishing, and drinking) and being so sour right  out of the gate.  She sat down keeping her head down reading her blue cards and ready to rumble.  It’s was minutes from the end where there was what would pass as a sincere smile that involved the Catholic discussion.  She acts like she’s there against her will.  

Good point.   If shooting and fishing (was she hunting?  or just shooting at a range?)  were so relaxing and enjoyable, she would have come back to work with a more chill, laid back attitude. She's still miserable, so maybe shooting guns isn't the perfect way to relax?  

OR is it that she's pissed that she  just endured both the anniversary of her dad's death and his birthday, and nobody invited her to talk about that?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

William looked like he was rolling his eyes rather than adoring MEghan.

The baby was looking at the overhead camera...like all babies on TV do. Every. Time.  My kids and I have joked for years, "FIRE that baby! She's not a professional!  We told her, 'Do NOT look at the camera. Do NOT look at the boom mic."  What does she do in every scene!  Looks away from the actor-parent and stares up at the overhead equipment."

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Oh God, it was horrible coming back today!  Mrs. Whoopie explains to us about the Black List of the 1950's, (She also has two inches of white roots in her hair).  Meeeegan screamed about her guns, how much she loves them, how they are going to be taken away from her her her by the baby killing liberals, Oh, did you know that the AK47,  or whatever those assault rifles are called, are America's favorite gun, yes they are. Let's see, Abbie has an orange tan that actually looked pretty good and she has twins, Sunny is Rich and Catholic, and and and Joy looks fabulous in new glasses, and there you have it. It's a wrap.

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, rcc said:

OK, here's Meghan's logic on guns - 

There's no actual definition of "assault weapons".

Therefore, ALL guns except muskets could possibly be categorized as assault weapons. 

So, when Beto is talking about the government confiscating automatic and semi-automatic assault rifles,  he could be talking about ALL GUNS, and he's a "gun grabber"  who wants to take all guns away from all people!  

Meghan re-tweeted The View's tweet announcing the show returning.   Funny that she re-tweeted it, because the comments are about 90% against Meghan.  

• Love 5

Abby is all hot and bothered about the hell she would bring if anyone called one of her children FAT!  What if the child is fat? Maybe SweetAbby should educate herself how to deal with that horrible circumstance happily and sensibly so the child can be happy with herself and learn to deal with those who will be mean (because they will).

And there...at the other end of the table...is someone who has been called FAT most of her life.  And listening to her best friend.... 

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Abby is all hot and bothered about the hell she would bring if anyone called one of her children FAT!  What if the child is fat? Maybe SweetAbby should educate herself how to deal with that horrible circumstance happily and sensibly so the child can be happy with herself and learn to deal with those who will be mean (because they will).

And there...at the other end of the table...is someone who has been called FAT most of her life.  And listening to her best friend.... 

Someone should clue Abby in on how mommy thinking being fat is the worst thing in the world, is what will cause your kid to have an eating disorder!  

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

The View and Meghan McCain are both trending on twitter rn, omfg 😂

I checked out of curiosity a couple hours ago. Yep, it’s trending. Same shit, different season: Meghan acts ridiculous and makes headlines. 

Update: she’s #3 now.

CF56769B-75B1-4A6A-9EA6-ED97DE5BBA8D.jpeg

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think Whoopi equating a list of people at a Trump fundraiser to McCarthyism is wrong.  People are free to support Trump just as people are free to not want to be associated with people who support Trump.

I can't watch reruns of Everyone Loves Raymond because of Patricia Heaton.

FWIW, Heaton is republican, but she's publicly stated that she doesn't support him, nor did she vote for him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Beside the fact they were talking about an adult (Tiffany), not a child. 

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Well, the non-president's assistant should not have said anything at all, but, in fairness, she was not herself calling Tiffany fat, she was saying that that was trump's excuse for not posing for pictures with her and I assume that is something the man had suggested to her.  He calls all kinds of people fat and other disgusting things, so I have no doubt he has done so about his daughter.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Whoopi has guns...and probably HAD guns before Meghan was born.

I'm guessing several of the panelists (or their husbands) own guns.  It's just that many people believe that responsible gun ownership is a private matter not something to be publicly bragged about at every turn.   Responsible gun owners know that owning guns to protect yourself and your home has nothing to do with so called "gun grabbing" 

Good to see Sunny's seems to still be pretty chilly toward's MM.  

Enjoyed Sunny's and Abby's perspectives on Jay Z/NFL.   Liked how Sunny acknowledged Abby's point of view and agreed it's OK to have different perspectives on it.  MM as expected was silent.  

• Love 11

God she is obnoxious.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Walking back into season 23 <a href="https://twitter.com/TheView?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheView</a> defending conservative beliefs and our <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/2A?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#2A</a> constitutional rights like.... <a href="https://t.co/Qj27i5TXkc">pic.twitter.com/Qj27i5TXkc</a></p>&mdash; Meghan McCain (@MeghanMcCain) <a href="https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1168990996350328832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just now, jkspeaks said:

God she is obnoxious.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Walking back into season 23 <a href="https://twitter.com/TheView?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheView</a> defending conservative beliefs and our <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/2A?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#2A</a> constitutional rights like.... <a href="https://t.co/Qj27i5TXkc">pic.twitter.com/Qj27i5TXkc</a></p>&mdash; Meghan McCain (@MeghanMcCain) <a href="https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1168990996350328832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

does anyone know how to add a tweet here? Im still new here lol 

• Love 1

You guys are all on fire today!

So nothing has changed:

• Whoopi the Sage tells people in the path of the hurricane to listen to officials.  Thanks for the tip, Whoops.
  • Whoopi garbles the gun topic by belabouring that current laws aren't working.  While she beats that to death, MeAgain snarls and sips and shifts around on her stool while blathering about gun grabbing and other crazy shit.
  • Sunny continues the freeze-out of MeAgain, but in a more subtle way.  MeAgain seems to be in on it, because she all but has turned her entire body to face the audience and not Sunny.  It's fascinating to watch Sunny and MeAgain snark at each other while both are looking away from each other.
  • Whoopi loses her shit because she thinks that Will and Grace are going to blacklist other performers/producers and cause them to commit suicide.  Isn't the crisis that the guy in the white house has caused a good enough reason to shame your fellow performers?  This isn't about who you voted for, it is about the future of your country, Whoopi.
  • Abby adores MeAgain but attempts to say that the nation is in a crisis over gun violence and mass shootings and she just wants it to end, but MeAgain her best friend snarls over her about guns guns guns.
  • Joy looks bemused by the whole thing.
  • Love 19
6 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

God she is obnoxious.

does anyone know how to add a tweet here? Im still new here lol 

If you copy the url of the exact tweet, you can embed it right into your message by simply pasting it (not using the inset link, although that works if you just want the link to the tweet).  Here's an example if you just copy the url right into your message:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

If you copy the url of the exact tweet, you can embed it right into your message by simply pasting it (not using the inset link, although that works if you just want the link to the tweet).  Here's an example if you just copy the url right into your message:

Omg thanks! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cinsays said:
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Well, the non-president's assistant should not have said anything at all, but, in fairness, she was not herself calling Tiffany fat, she was saying that that was trump's excuse for not posing for pictures with her and I assume that is something the man had suggested to her.  He calls all kinds of people fat and other disgusting things, so I have no doubt he has done so about his daughter.

I hope my comment isn't being referenced here--even though I'm quoted.  I wasn't referring to the assistant (or her boss) in any way, but to Abby's thoughtless little rant.

• Love 2

I’m glad the show is back, but I wish Meghan didn’t come back. She always looks miserable. 

I was really surprised that Abby went to Russia without her twins. Not that I would have brought them there, but I was more surprised that, especially with one being a NICU baby, she travelled so far away from them (and her other baby) with them being so young. 

• Love 10

I, too, found it odd it seems MM was in the "Middle of nowhere Wyoming.....and Vegas" most of Aug and never seemed to be in Az at all.

Right along with Abby saying MM and William  bonded over the break. ????

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, General Days said:

I've felt like that about Susan Sarandon since 2016. Since she came on my radar in the 80s, I've wanted to see her play Bette Davis. By the time Feud premiered on FX, I didn't want to look at her. 

I rented the first two episodes of Feud and I couldn't stand to watch her. She might as well be Patricia Heaton shopping at a Hobby Lobby-No thanks. 

Edited by GiveMeSpace
removed first sentence becasue upon further reflection it wasnt completely accurate
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Aileen said:

FWIW, Heaton is republican, but she's publicly stated that she doesn't support him, nor did she vote for him. 

I don't care. She was toast for me long before Trump became president. She acted just like he acts. Fuck her and her no belly button having self.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

Is Patty Heaton a guest that I missed? Or an upcoming guest?

I took my three year old grandniece to the Denver Zoo.  I made the mistake of taking her to the 3-D IMAX film where crocs ate gazelles.  She said to me in her finger-crossed eyes, "I can't. I just can't like this."  I comforted her and thought to myself:  Welcome to the View."

NutMeg, dear, not every law abiding gun owner is a redneck.  How dare you insult rednecks!!

You and your mother were just on The View talking about the reunion you would have in AZ for the first time since the great and powerful John McCain died.   How did that go?  Not well, I guess since you spent all  your and your fat husband's time in WY ripping apart trout mouths and guts (catch and release only, baby) and shooting at Dog knows what.  Did your family jet actually land at some point in AZ? Methinks, the McCain ladies do not get along too well.

Blacklist?  No, Whoopi.  It's not a blacklist.  A blacklist is a list of individuals who are ASSUMED to be against national security.  Without any proof, as was Lucille Ball accused of being a communist.  What Messing is proposing is a list of Trump donors that is verified by their donations and the election committee overseeing the election.. Nothing more.  With that list one can choose to work with that individual or not.  It's really not that different from those in the industry to choose to work with Woody Allen or Roman Polanski.

There's no actual definition of "assault weapons".

Therefore, ALL guns except muskets could possibly be categorized as assault weapons.

This is a red herring, IMO.  Just because there is no actual definition of assault weapons, doesn't mean one couldn't be written into the law.  This reminds me of Collusion vs. Conspiracy bullshit.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 21
19 minutes ago, xingu said:

Is Patty Heaton a guest that I missed? Or an upcoming guest?

No-just comparing our dislike of Susan Sarandon and Patricia Heaton and how they ruined their once appreciated work for many of us when they revealed their true selves.

• Love 10

Well, I just don't like two of my favorite actresses maligned with no backstory. But it's irrelevant as neither is a current or scheduled guest.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 2