Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/2/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I wish Ana were back everyday.

And Abby, honey, you are as worthless as tits on a bull.  I know what your pretty little pea brain thinks before it even comes out of your mouth.  Your father didn't "end his tour",  he resigned because he's going to run for Governor of Utah.  He didn't give up one of the most coveted ambassadorships to be close to you and your family.  He hates that fact that you have disavowed yourself and your family and your eternal salvation from Mormonism,

On the other hand there is this from National Review:

The Huntsmans’ second daughter, 25-year-old Abby, was married last year at the (Episcopal) National Cathedral, with the dean of the cathedral performing the ceremony. During his first weekend home from China, Huntsman chose to attend a non-denominational church in South Carolina rather than any of the Mormon churches in the area.

So in short, who knows, is Mr. Huntsman a good, caring father conflicted by his beliefs or a  mouthpiece for the prophets of the church.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 9

Photo Op?  For his new campaign?

And I would like to know, since Abby brought it up. who paid for that "family trip".  Oh, I know.  The State Department.  Our tax dollars enabled a very rich man the right to see his grandchildren who he knew he would see in a week's time on American soil.  But no, he wanted his family there, at taxpayer expense, to see him off in his big farewell to Putin.  Such a good family man.  Such a patriot.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I was livid when Meghan said, "If you’re talking about going and taking people’s guns away from them, there’s going to be a lot of violence."

I guess seven dead people, 21 injured, and a 17-month-old baby shot in the face just days ago doesn't qualify as "violence" to her?

A 17-month-old will be disfigured for life as a worthy sacrifice to the "must have guns" gods?

Meghan usually makes me roll my eyes, but her callous attitude toward the people dead and injured because there are no controls on who can buy a weapon of war makes me want to throw up.

This whole thing actually surprised me.  Usually MeAgain would preface her comments by saying something that to her represents empathy.  She didn't even make an effort, she went all in.  She started by responding to what she did on vacay saying she was the only host who was shooting and fly fishing in nowhere's ville Wyoming (I have been to Wyoming, it is a beautiful state, and pretty much no one lives there so she won't get much backlash for that).

Then when the topic of guns came up, she actually bided her time, but then she could barely hold in her contempt for everyone at the table, shifting, snarling and sipping.  And then she said the things for which she is trending today.

And then her tweet, complete with Clint Eastwood GIF.

She has come into this season just itching to be in the news or at least on social media trending every day.  There is no pretense of having an actual discussion about issues.  She is there to MAKE SPARKS!  She is emboldened so obvi the producers have told her to go for it.  They tweeted all about MeAgain and her vacay etc. today. She knows her role.  She doesn't care that good, caring people are appalled by what she said, she is proud of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

She has come into this season just itching to be in the news or at least on social media trending every day.  There is no pretense of having an actual discussion about issues.  She is there to MAKE SPARKS! 

Ex-fucking-actly. She came back thinking that she was hot shit with all the media attention.  She acted like the View couldn't live without her.  Honey, if the View can live without BW, it can and will live without you and your snottiness.  She forgot the press works both ways.  She was a shitty SNL intern and she is a shitty talk show c*** (yes, I said it, because no other word fits). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

I am amazed, but MeAgain is still trending on Twitter.  And none of it is good.  So she is now in damage control mode, and look what she retweeted!

ABC might like all of this attention, but even MeAgain has to realize that she was a heartless asshole.  Or probably not.

• Love 3

The AR-15 is the most popular rifle in America.

Whoo-fucking-woo.  We are also among the least educated, the least health-cared for and the least likely to  receive drugs at an affordable cost.  Why the fuck do we tolerate this"?

• Love 12
17 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Perhaps for that. But not her little babies - that are alone. Although I am sure the nannies are very loved. A month or so is a very long time......good grief.

Did she leave those tiny babies for a month? I missed that. 

i thought someone understood Patrica was on next week. I loved that show and went to a  live taping.  Everyone during breaks mingles around  Brad Garrett chit  chatted with a waitress he used work with and said he owed her a couple of shifts. Patrica sat  on a chair up against a wall never speaking to her cast members  or anyone . I think the salary stink was during the time or  shortly  after

.  It was fun watching a sitcom and they ordered us  pizza. 

Sorry off topic if not she’s coming 

Edited by athousandclowns
So bad typos
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I was really surprised that Abby went to Russia without her twins. Not that I would have brought them there, but I was more surprised that, especially with one being a NICU baby, she travelled so far away from them (and her other baby) with them being so young. 

Sometimes Mom just needs a break!  White privilege...lifelong privilege with servants, nannies, etc.  She knows no other life.  No worries!

• Love 6

No Thousand - I did not express myself well. I don't really think Abby or her  husband went for long. More than they did. 

As far as MM bonding with William over the break - MM was no where near him......and I wonder why not why his sister too.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, xingu said:

Our tax dollars enabled a very rich man the right to see his grandchildren who he knew he would see in a week's time on American soil.

But the grandchildren didn't travel, did they?  It was just a whim of a nice girl whose entitlement knows no bounds.  "Let's surprise Daddy," and off they go!  I'm sure those days in the NICU were humbling.

And his wealth is well beyond that of "a very rich man."

• Love 7

Does no one challenge Meghan's comment, "The AR-15 is by far the most popular gun, in America, by far (sic)."

I'm not going to waste my time doing research, but can an assault rifle truly be the most popular gun in the United States of America?   

We have hunters, shooting clubs, shooting competitions, target shooters, etc.  Is she allowed to include mandatory military weaponry in her "popular" comment?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, bannana said:

ABC might like all of this attention, but even MeAgain has to realize that she was a heartless asshole.  Or probably not.

Meghan sits in the catbird seat. If she crosses a line and ABC fires her she will just play the victim and cry that she is still grieving for her dad and how can ABC be so heartless and oh yeah I just lost a baby too. She knows she can say whatever she wants because there will be no real repercussions for her. If she is fired she will just be on Twitter more. It's not like the loss of a paycheck would hurt her.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan sits in the catbird seat. If she crosses a line and ABC fires her she will just play the victim and cry that she is still grieving for her dad and how can ABC be so heartless and oh yeah I just lost a baby too. She knows she can say whatever she wants because there will be no real repercussions for her. If she is fired she will just be on Twitter more. It's not like the loss of a paycheck would hurt her.

If Me-gun gets fired , she will make it all about how she was the only true conservative on the panel, and is being silenced by the media.

Her rant this morning is that mainstream media needs more diversity of opinion and are afraid to present conservative views. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Her rant this morning is that mainstream media needs more diversity of opinion and are afraid to present conservative views. 

There is an entire television network devoted to conservative views.  And the vast majority of talk radio is devoted to conservative views. If she wants to feel at home she should get a job there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

Finally watching yesterday's episode.  Meghan said Wyoming is God's country.  So I guess all of us who don't live there are living in heathen country.  Cool I'm with my peeps.

Whoopi, Abby, Joy and Sunny all agree something needs to be done to stop gun violence. Meghan can't even agree with that. And she thinks only gun owners/users should be covering gun stories.  OK Meghan so only former politicians can cover political stories. And only astronauts can cover space stories.  Sorry Meghan you can only discuss other politicians children on the View.  You aren't qualified to talk about any other topic.  

Meghan has a problem with NRA money being used to pay for travel expenses for the NRA president's wife's hair and make-up team but clearly doesn't mind if money is used to bribe politicians.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Finally watching yesterday's episode.  Meghan said Wyoming is God's country.  So I guess all of us who don't live there are living in heathen country.  Cool I'm with my peeps.

Whoopi, Abby, Joy and Sunny all agree something needs to be done to stop gun violence. Meghan can't even agree with that. And she thinks only gun owners/users should be covering gun stories.  OK Meghan so only former politicians can cover political stories. And only astronauts can cover space stories.  Sorry Meghan you can only discuss other politicians children on the View.  You aren't qualified to talk about any other topic.

First we had to save Montana, now its Wyoming.  As your neighbor to the south, my sincerest apologies. I still love you!  Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

What WAS her point, anyway?  she wants the media to have a "gun beat", gun-owning reporters assigned to cover gun-related stories.  BUT - the only time guns are in the news is when people are shot.  So, we need gun-owning gun advocates to put a positive spin on these stories?   Or will they exclusively cover the few "good guy with a gun defeats bad guy with a gun"  stories?  Or is it just so they can drone on about classifications of automatic, semi-automatic, assault, etc. guns, and how an AK 47 is not the same as an AR 15, as though THAT is the important thing to report on when there are dead children?  

Maybe Meghan just hinted at what she wants as her next job - covering the "gun beat"  for a major media outlet.  

• Love 8
12 hours ago, TheView said:

It would be nice if they pull a Jedediah Bila and fire Meg a couple weeks into the season. 

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

We're definitely not getting rid of her before the election, and she will be The Ultimate Victim no matter how it shakes out.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

What WAS her point, anyway?  she wants the media to have a "gun beat", gun-owning reporters assigned to cover gun-related stories.  BUT - the only time guns are in the news is when people are shot.  So, we need gun-owning gun advocates to put a positive spin on these stories?   Or will they exclusively cover the few "good guy with a gun defeats bad guy with a gun"  stories?  Or is it just so they can drone on about classifications of automatic, semi-automatic, assault, etc. guns, and how an AK 47 is not the same as an AR 15, as though THAT is the important thing to report on when there are dead children?  

Yes she doesn't want any virtue signalling done by anyone but the gun beat reporters.  Who of course will focus on the positive aspects of a mass shooting.  And what exactly are the positive aspects?  I don't know ask Meghan.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Does no one challenge Meghan's comment, "The AR-15 is by far the most popular gun, in America, by far (sic)."

I'm not going to waste my time doing research, but can an assault rifle truly be the most popular gun in the United States of America?   

We have hunters, shooting clubs, shooting competitions, target shooters, etc.  Is she allowed to include mandatory military weaponry in her "popular" comment?

Sigh.  Unfortunately i kind of think that too.  Seems like it anyway.  I bet theres some statistic.  I hate to back up anything she says, especially under duress hah

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Maybe Meghan just hinted at what she wants as her next job - covering the "gun beat"  for a major media outlet.  

That would be perfect! A total win-win! Everybody's happy!!!  Oh i pray to all that is holy in daytime television, how can we make this happen?  Mail her a job app?  🤔👍

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

We're definitely not getting rid of her before the election, and she will be The Ultimate Victim no matter how it shakes out.

This is the unfortunate truth. Most of us saw it on social media - their first day back, The View was trending because of Meghan. I believe it's still a trending topic. As the election cycle heats up, Meghan is gonna get more outrageous with her comments.

• Love 2

I always feel so bad for Whoopie when a Presidential candidate is on.  Sounds like her tax situation is so bad, she needs a paper route just to survive.

I don't want to jinx anything, but, I just realized there's no View Your Deal this week.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Didn't she just get a tax break last year?

Surely everyone on this panel is benefitting from Trump's tax breaks for the wealthy, right? It is just embarrassing for Whoopi to complain when so many people have so little and so many are suffering.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Surely everyone on this panel is benefitting from Trump's tax breaks for the wealthy, right? It is just embarrassing for Whoopi to complain when so many people have so little and so many are suffering.

But what about the bike lanes???

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Didn't she just get a tax break last year?

But not on her PHOOOONNNNNE BILLLLLL!!!

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

And Meg continues to spout the lie that Elizabeth Warren “pretended to be a Native American.”  Over the break I read EW’s book and this is just not true. She does have an ancestor (great gma?) who was NA, which is a far cry from “pretending” to be NA. 

Meanwhile, MYgun is pretending to be a straight-shooter.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

HACHOO HERE...not JKSpeaks.  I was trying to make her great picture smaller.  OOPS

I'm not going to comment on her weight (I'm 100lbs overweight and it's obvious!)...but doesn't her face look bigger--wider?  Her hair looks so nice; I hope she can be satisfied with that softer look.  Girl has her mother's thin lips.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 2

In regards to MyGun...I am reminded of a quote from jaws "you are going to ignore this particular problem until it swims up and bites you in the ass!".  That's the way it is....just like cancer, she did not care until it personally affected HER.  Just like the Ohio GOP politician who is now in favor of gun control because his daughter was across the street during the Dayton shootings.   It never ceases to amaze me how some people are incapable of any empathy until it touches them personally.

As she said yesterday that her guns were not for sale because she needs to protect herself...it makes me wonder how she thinks her mere handgun can protect her when these shooters are able to fire dozens of bullets in seconds.  It's so scary and sad.

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

As she said yesterday that her guns were not for sale because she needs to protect herself...it makes me wonder how she thinks her mere handgun can protect her when these shooters are able to fire dozens of bullets in seconds.  It's so scary and sad.

How many folks do you think were carrying guns at the mall in El Paso?  When bullets start flying, people start running. As they should. Confronted by a shooter Meg wouldn’t have the presence of mind to shoot back. A gun surely would not protect her in a mass shooting. That is a specious argument. 

• Love 20
14 hours ago, bannana said:

She has come into this season just itching to be in the news or at least on social media trending every day.  There is no pretense of having an actual discussion about issues.  She is there to MAKE SPARKS!  She is emboldened so obvi the producers have told her to go for it.  They tweeted all about MeAgain and her vacay etc. today. She knows her role.  She doesn't care that good, caring people are appalled by what she said, she is proud of it.

And this, Bannana, is why I couldn't watch the show, because I knew it would be the same  dreadful Meghan McCain, who they keep on the show for "making sparks", as you stated, and she stays on so she can say outrageous things and be quoted on social media. I'm so disappointed in the producers at The View for continuing the promotion of this awful, awful person. I will read comments about the show here, but I can't watch it if Meghan McCain is on. I don't need to be more outraged and depressed.

• Love 12
23 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think Whoopi equating a list of people at a Trump fundraiser to McCarthyism is wrong.  People are free to support Trump just as people are free to not want to be associated with people who support Trump.

I can't watch reruns of Everyone Loves Raymond because of Patricia Heaton.

I agree.  I want to make sure I am not supporting anyone who will donate to him because in a sense then *I* am contributing to him.  

I am not anti gun but I am for reasonable/common sense laws.  The way Meghan acts about them is no different than a little girl and her doll (near tantrum and talk of taking them).  I know people hunt for food due to need.  Meghan will never have that need.  The glee she seems to have over killing an innocent creature baffles me.  But then again, I will NEVER understand sport or hobby hunting.  I gave yesterday a whirl and may try again today but like other shows I am getting tired of, it is on the cusp of being permanently cut.  I don't need to see Scowling Barbie everyday.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

So by that logic, if meth were the most popular drug should that make it legal?  She is a really stupid woman who does not deserve this platform.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17