Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: The Weight of the World

druzy
  • Start Topic

Cheyenne confronts Cory’s girlfriend, Taylor, about her past racist tweets, while Maci takes Bentley to see a counselor to help him process everything that has gone on with Ryan. Mackenzie gets devastating news about her mom’s cancer.

Airs August 19, 2019

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

We’re not even 10 minutes in and I’m already sickened by Catelynn and Tyler.  Poor Nova is getting more attention from them this episode than any other this season, but around whom is that attention centered?  Carly.  Of course.

Brandon and Teresa stayed two hours away for this visit.  That’s both sad and totally understandable.

As for my boy, Bentley, I love that Maci points out on camera that one of his stressors is “having cameras following him around.”  I’m more angry about people I don’t even know than I should be.  These so-called mothers make me sick.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 18

I'm trying to watch this episode but Maci already pissed me off with her slow talking about why it wasn't time for Taylor to get a vasectomy. I guess they edited Amber's arrest into the finale. What the hell is wrong with Amber? Why is she so angry? She makes $400,000 just to sit on her couch and complain. Wait until that couch is repossessed and real life sets in. Mackenzie's storyline is too sad to watch. 

• Love 14

Catelynn: She’s. Not. Your. Child.  And these idiots wonder why their relationship with Brandon and Teresa has broken down to the extent that it has.  I have no doubt in my mind that if Catelynn and Tyler left the show to focus on their family, their relationship with B&T would improve exponentially.  But they won’t do that.  Gotta get that money.  Ugh.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 15

Not to take Amber’s because she is pretty awful BUT whenever she tells Andrew what’s bothering her he has to pontificate and re-explain it. He’s not mirroring or restating he’s giving his amateurish opinion. Just say I hear you, I get it. This may not help in Amber’s situation but it would bug the shit out of me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I guess Amber did a sit down (paid) interview with Dr. Drew. Amber literally made money by threatening someone with a machete. 

Edited by druzy
  • Love 2

How ridiculous.  Cate and Tyler, WTH ?!?! Get your head outta your ass and get to the damn zoo !  My gosh. So dumb. And I have never seen Nova get so much attention. 

I dont want to see this story about McKenzie and her sick mom. I work all day and look forward to my Mon night snark. Sad reality is not entertaining. 

I also dont want to know about Bentley seeing a counselor. Lots of kids do and there is no shame - but its still none of my business. 

Kristina is a simple and decent person. 

• Love 23

If Bentley is struggling, maybe keep it off TV. Entirely. I mean, great that you didn't film therapy. But now the entire world, including his classmates, knows he is IN therapy. Maci generally does a pretty good job with her kids, but I'm not okay with that. 

Mack and Ryan ooops into another pregnancy. No words. 

Brandon and Teresa staying two hours away was smart. Until Cate and Tyler decided to go rent closer. 

And I have no words for her and the fucking scrapbook. All these years and you're just NOW trying to finish it? You're making people who drove across the country to see you wait around at the zoo because your jam-packed schedule just didn't afford you the time to finish it until this weekend? 

I can't. I just can't with this heifer. 

MacKenzie's mom's cancer is super intense. Good God, I don't want to watch this woman die. And poor Gannon just breaks my heart. He seems like a very introspective and inquisitive child and I really wanted them to explain more to him. 

Charity is great; but Cheyenne is, once again, not understanding what is age appropriate for her daughter. Whatever. 

I read Taylor's tweets and they were definitely... Yikes. I do believe her, though, that she was just sheltered and trying to be funny. I also don't think Cheyenne really gave a fuck until her mother brought it up. On camera. 

I'm all up to date on Amber's situation, so not much to say there. I just feel for those kids. Leah's first thought is her brother. And Gary is so sad, thinking of that baby going through all the shit Leah went through. It's just a mess. 

Is cousin Krystal pregnant again???

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

And I have no words for her and the fucking scrapbook. All these years and you're just NOW trying to finish it? You're making people who drove across the country to see you wait around at the zoo because your jam-packed schedule just didn't afford you the time to finish it until this weekend? 

I can't. I just can't with this heifer. 

And how good do you think that scrapbook was after such a rush job?

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I stopped watching this last season, I think ? Lol, I just got tired of ff, pretty sure it was over a year ago. Anyway  I watched tonight. 

New girl's mom dying, wow, sad. I ff. Nothing against her it's too much and I probably won't watch again. 

Catelyn, really a scrapbook a f'n scrapbook!! You couldn't have finished it any other weekend??? I can't believe it. Yes, I actually can. They were late to see the daughter that they gave away because catelyn had to make a scrapbook? I know I'm repeating myself but wtf???

I love that  Amber let's us know when she's about to beat her man's ass. He's joking with her to much. Another wtf???

Cheyenne's daughter is how old 3 ? I'm glad  I now know that's the age to help at shelters, what?

ETA, wasn't Catelyn just putting together a photo album?  

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 7

First of all, what happened to Corey’s hair?  Secondly, what three year old understands giving shoes to people in a shelter & why does Daddy’s girl of the week have to be there?  Tyler and Caitlin have not seen Carly since the wedding?  Are they talking to her on the phone; sending her birthday presents - is it only for the camera time that they interact with her?  Amber- you aren’t that precious that everyone should have to tip toe around you. If your baby Daddy, does ALL the parenting and he’s not even allowed to joke, why should he be attacked by a machete?  I had to for through new girl’s segment-too sad!  What are Ryan & his wife even thinking? And where is her other son - he just disappeared. Bentley is much better adjusted than most little boys would be under the circumstances, both genetically and because of media attention. 

• Love 4

I absolutely agree with everyone else who is completely dumbstruck that C&T willingly sacrificed any of the precious time they had with Carly to finish a scrapbook.  I think Dawn was, too.  It would have been much better to send it to her a couple weeks later with a note saying how they enjoyed their time with her.  They are two thick-headed individuals.

I found the conversation C&T had after the visit the first day to be exactly the kind of thing that would have been fine for them to discuss about the adoption all along.  It was their 'authentic' feelings, and didnt violate anybody's privacy, or slam B&T.  It's a way to show the experience of birth parents without majorly blowing what could have been a good relationship with the adoptive parents.  I'm sure they'll be back to crap-talking in no time.  

• Love 11

Catelyn and Tyler have no jobs beyond whining on television.  Someday poor Carly is going to watch this and realize that her mother couldn't take time from her busy schedule of checking social media and running away from the two kids she actually kept to go to Arizona for "therapy" to finish her scrapbook on time.

If they waited to finish the scrapbook after the visit, they could have put a bunch of nice pictures from this visit in the book, so it would totally have looked like they planned to give it to her after the visit.   It could have a note saying how glad they were to have spent time with her, and that they treasure all the pictures they have of her.  

Poor Brandon and Theresa know that if they impose any reasonable consequences on these idiots for their behavior they will be pilloried by their brain dead fans.  And the irony is that we've endured three episodes of Cate whining about having to go to the zoo, when now at least B&T have something to do with their children while they wait for Cate to show up!

Oh, and Mackenzie's husband - please don't tell your kid people get tired and go to sleep when they die.  It's hard enough to get children to go to bed without giving them the idea that they might never wake up.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Love 24

I thought Mackenzie did a good job talking to Gannon.  Except for broadcasting it nationally, of course.  It's horribly sad what they're going through.

Also, nobody needs to know that Bentley's grades are slipping, etc.  I want to scream at these people.  

I thought we'd learn more about Amber and Andrew. 

Cheyenne's tweets were what came to my mind when her  mom mentioned Taylor's tweets.  But I havent read Taylor's, so they may have been much worse for all I know.  An outing with the child seems like the wrong place to bring it up.  Then again, we're also talking about someone who took a 2 year old along on a wine tasting.  I do appreciate that Cheyenne is civic-minded and wants to instill a generous heart in Ryder, even if she's still too young to even know what the hell is going on.  Better than we've seen from most of the other moms.  

Reunion next week, or one more episode?  

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 5

I saw Cate had a cigarette in her left hand while reaching in the white truck and helping Nova out. She’s an adult, smoking is a stupid decision but it’s her decision.  I wish she would keep it away from the kids. Letting the girls see and smell cigarettes all the time is normalizing it and they are learning it’s ok to smoke. I can’t imagine her snuggling that baby and transferring smoke stink. Does Cate realize that every person she hugs will smell cigarettes in her hair and on her clothing?

Edited by CalicoskiesNC
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Tyler and Caitlin have not seen Carly since the wedding?  Are they talking to her on the phone; sending her birthday presents - is it only for the camera time that they interact with her? . 

A few episodes back, they admitted that they were not sending her anything over the past several years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

It is interesting that Amber gets such a sympathetic edit.  It is almost like the production is trying to set up an excuse for her outrageous behavior.

And on the other hand, the editors make a point of showing the clock and exactly when Cate started the scrapbook and how late they were.   I tell you, the editors hate her.  

I hate Amber the most so I don't understand it. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

And how good do you think that scrapbook was after such a rush job?

No kidding. Somehow I doubt Cate's scrapbooking instincts are on point. 

11 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Cheyenne's daughter is how old 3 ? I'm glad  I now know that's the age to help at shelters, what?

She's now 2.5. But during filming I think she'd just turned two? She's definitely not old enough to understand the concept of giving back. Cheyenne is totally clueless. 

7 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

Oh, and Mackenzie's husband - please don't tell your kid people get tired and go to sleep when they die.  It's hard enough to get children to go to bed without giving them the idea that they might never wake up.

Oh man, I thought the same thing. I get what he was trying to say - that grandma would just pass away peacefully. But he should have made it clear that, typically, HEALTHY people don't just close their eyes and never wake up. I know; I shouldn't expect much from a dude who's likely been kicked in the head by a bovine a dozen times. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, SuzWhat said:

It is interesting that Amber gets such a sympathetic edit.  It is almost like the production is trying to set up an excuse for her outrageous behavior.

And on the other hand, the editors make a point of showing the clock and exactly when Cate started the scrapbook and how late they were.   I tell you, the editors hate her.  

I hate Amber the most so I don't understand it. 

They’re probably scared of Amber.  She’s the pure definition of psycho hosebeast.  They don’t want to risk a machete attack!

Cate is harmless.  She goes on SM trying to front and act all tough mama, but you know she’s sitting on her fat ass at home behind that screen on the edge of another breakdown and trip to the spa.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

This comment made me laugh:

So as long as you show up with a scrapbook it doesn’t matter how late you are? I’ll try this at work tomorrow.

And, this one made me cringe:

Carly's other parents have not let Tyler and Cate visit or see Carly for years. That is cruel. Open adoption means open adoption. One day Carly will be 18 and can make her own decision.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
55 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

460AA5A9-5A0D-4B51-A67C-38090517B716.jpeg

261AEB95-1B1B-4689-9297-416C784DA702.jpeg

I'm sure Carly was ecstatic that you were 2 hours late Cate. The less time spent with you and that half-assed scrapbook the better.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 21
On 8/18/2019 at 2:52 PM, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Please don’t make Bentley's counseling appts a storyline, Maci.  Give the boy SOME privacy! 

OMG! I couldn't believe Maci was putting poor Bentley out there like that...the kid has enough on his plate with his deadbeat Dad and Maci/Taylor putting stuff like their fake birth control debate on TV now his life is going to be blasted out? What lengths these morons go to make money the easy way instead of getting real jobs.

• Love 7

C&T wanted to be late arriving at the zoo because they didn't want to go there to begin with. If it's not their plan they act like selfish brats. It's always about them and how they feel.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Cate's not Carly's mother. Theresa is. I'm sure Carly is profoundly grateful for this every day of her life.

Not only did Cate not find the time to finish her tacky scrapbook before the visit, she actually lugged all  her scrapbooking supplies with her, to do her half ass job of finishing it while she was mid-visit! I wish I could have seen my face while I was watching this idiocy.

Poor Nova. She knows that Carly is the important one.

Tyler sobbing as they passed Brandon and Theresa and the kids was theatrical as fuck. "It looks like he's comforting her! I WANT TO COMFORT HER!". If Carly actually lived with them they would be yelling at her from across the room, like they do with their own kids. And seriously? You saw them for half a second. Carly could have just thrown herself into her father's arms in gratitude because he just told her that yes, those strange, creepy people who were practically smothering her have left and she won't be seeing them again for a long time. Its been ten years, Tyler. You need to try to make peace with this.

This! I really think that Tyler and Cate think that they just "loaned" Carly to Teresa and Brandon and that when she's 18 she'll just pick up and leave and to run to them. This kind of open adoption is bullshit...cards on Christmas and on birthdays and pictures is fine but this visitation stuff is just confusing to all the kids involved. And Tyler and Cate have never been grateful for Teresa and Brandon  rescuing Carly from the trailer trash mess in Michigan. No gratitude or grace whatsoever...just bitching and moaning about them and whining about the lack of physical contact with Carly. Waa waa waa...we haven't seen her in four years, Teresa and Brandon are so mean. They don't seem to comprehend that Teresa and Brandon ARE THE PARENTS and they are raising Carly! She has a full life! Friends, school, activities, summer camp probably and a whole set of family that Teresa and Brandon have given her. Ugh...I really feel for Teresa and Brandon in this situation...they were trying to do a nice thing and keep Tyler and Cate in Carly's life but now it's just an MTV storyline that Cate and Tyler are exploiting. 

On 8/18/2019 at 10:58 AM, druzy said:

Cheyenne must have forgotten about her tweets.

image.png.f5b8a35e7364f8971c8b8e5c5fd912ba.png

Wow...

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Cate's not Carly's mother. Theresa is. I'm sure Carly is profoundly grateful for this every day of her life.

Not only did Cate not find the time to finish her tacky scrapbook before the visit, she actually lugged all  her scrapbooking supplies with her, to do her half ass job of finishing it while she was mid-visit! I wish I could have seen my face while I was watching this idiocy.

Poor Nova. She knows that Carly is the important one.

Tyler sobbing as they passed Brandon and Theresa and the kids was theatrical as fuck. "It looks like he's comforting her! I WANT TO COMFORT HER!". If Carly actually lived with them they would be yelling at her from across the room, like they do with their own kids. And seriously? You saw them for half a second. Carly could have just thrown herself into her father's arms in gratitude because he just told her that yes, those strange, creepy people who were practically smothering her have left and she won't be seeing them again for a long time. Its been ten years, Tyler. You need to try to make peace with this.

First, thank you. I didnt even think about that Cate brought all the scrapbook stuff with her. Lol, that doesn't even any sense. She really never thought to finish before the visit? It is crazy that almost all viewers are reacting the same way, and yet no one person in Cate's life thought to tell her being on time to the visit was way more important than a freaking scrapbook. 

So how did Tyler see Brandon comforting Carly? I thought they passed each other in the car. Not that it matters, it's just another Tyler dramatic scene. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 4