Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: The Weight of the World

druzy
  • Start Topic

On 8/28/2019 at 10:59 AM, Snarky McSnarky said:

"Carly didn't care about the time on the clock."  Yea, well what about Carly's parents who came all the way to Michigan and managed to be on time, you selfish a-holes?  Were they supposed to just sit around at the zoo with their thumbs up their asses until you decided to make your grand appearance?  I hope this was the final visit.

Also, Carly may not have literally cared about "the time"; but I'd bet she didn't enjoy standing around outside the zoo with nothing to do, waiting on those losers. 

• Love 15

So I finally caught up with this season (working, and being a wife/mom is a total time suck...) and I think I can finally agree it's time for MTV to walk away. Maci is becoming too focused on having a storytime, Bentley be damned, Ryan is an OD waiting to happen, Amber needs to go back to jail, Cheyenne is boring, Catelynn will never amount to anything or help her kids lead productive lives and there is no reason in the world that any of us need to see McKenzie telling her son that his beloved grandma has very little time left with him. 

Edited by Birdee
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 8/19/2019 at 9:07 PM, Chris Knight said:

I dont want to see this story about McKenzie and her sick mom. I work all day and look forward to my Mon night snark. Sad reality is not entertaining. 

I can't believe that they are bringing her on basically to show that her husband is a dick and her mom is going to die.  This is not entertaining at all.  You already don't have music, MTV, WTF with this shit now?

On 8/19/2019 at 9:08 PM, ghoulina said:

If Bentley is struggling, maybe keep it off TV. Entirely. I mean, great that you didn't film therapy. But now the entire world, including his classmates, knows he is IN therapy. Maci generally does a pretty good job with her kids, but I'm not okay with that. 

Mack and Ryan ooops into another pregnancy. No words. 

I'm all up to date on Amber's situation, so not much to say there. I just feel for those kids. Leah's first thought is her brother. And Gary is so sad, thinking of that baby going through all the shit Leah went through. It's just a mess. 

Is cousin Krystal pregnant again???

I snipped for length.  

The Bentley thing doesn't bother me that much.  It wasn't a super invasive conversation, though I do wish Maci had left out the part about his grades.  I think it's not the worst thing in the world to talk about counseling and I think it's something kids do more these days.  She said something about having someone other than the counselors at school, so it sounds like he is talking to them.  I know when I was in school (forever ago), you pretty much only saw the guidance counselor if you were in trouble or once in high school for an awkward conversation to see if you were "on track" in what your future plans were (ie, were you thinking you could go to Harvard when you were basically Tyler and weren't going to cut it at the local community college?)  Friends of ours, though, have kids who have had very different experiences.  The guidance counselors are way more involved with the students and have a good feel for what is going on, etc.  

Both Mack and Ryan should have to get shots that prevent them from being able to have any more children.  It's just not fair to the kids involved.  Also to Jen and Larry, really.  

I sometimes feel for Amber a bit.  I mean, she's totally wrong for abusing people, don't get me wrong.  I just think that there probably was some shit that went on in her childhood that didn't get addressed properly, and then before she had any time to address it as an adult, she was a parent and unable to figure out how to handle things.  Add in the mental illness and she kind of never stood a chance.  I'm glad that Gary is a stable parent for Leah and I hope that Andrew is able to be one for James.  

On 8/19/2019 at 9:27 PM, Coffeewinewater said:

Catelyn, really a scrapbook a f'n scrapbook!! You couldn't have finished it any other weekend??? I can't believe it. Yes, I actually can. They were late to see the daughter that they gave away because catelyn had to make a scrapbook? I know I'm repeating myself but wtf???

Of course you can, this is totally them.  It's not like they didn't talk about planning some super special gift for her 10th birthday a while ago.  What I really want to know is what the hell is in this? Is it a scrapbook of all the stuff she missed out on because they gave her up for adoption? As in, this is how your life would have sucked if you had been here? Mom and Dad would have sat around and done drugs, you would have been with your crazy ass grandmother and the pig that mommy gave away? Or is it all the stuff that they think she's doing not with them? Or is it Tyler's weird poetry and photos of the giant Carly blanket so they know that she hasn't been forgotten?  What is it?

On 8/20/2019 at 11:24 AM, dariafan said:

I think I would be beating them with a shoe.  Or a scrapbook 

I'd be 3 blocks ahead of them, because I wouldn't be avoiding stepping on all of the cracks in the sidewalk.  

On 8/20/2019 at 11:29 AM, Quilty said:

I wonder ifC&T spend time doing arts and crafts and making scrapbooks with Nova that have nothing to do with Carly? 

Nah.  That's why she has poop in her room, they don't even get her legos to play with.

• Love 4

Just catching up with this show.

Why did I just watch a little kid have the concept of death (poorly) explained to him? That was.. a lot.

I never followed MacKenzie after her 16 and Pregnant so I had no idea she fricken married rodeo guy and pumped out all those kids! Josh is such an anvil. Guh-bye!

Amber wants to be seen as dainty. Snort!

I'll bet that scrapbook was a hot mess of half dried glue and sad stickers.

Now there's a McKenzie and a Mackenzie? Great.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 8/19/2019 at 10:16 PM, luvbadtv said:

And how good do you think that scrapbook was after such a rush job?

I was confused with this. We saw her working on this earlier in the season so I didn't this it would be a rush job. I think maybe she had a few finishing touches on it, but she was working on it at April's house earlier in the season with the scrapbooking supplies. Maybe she had some last minute photos to add and was indecisive? Why this mad dash at the end? 

Edited by CerealKiller813