Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I thought I heard her say that she loved Neil Patrick Harris (duh!) and his twin DAUGHTERS.

I think it was Barbara that previously commented about the twins being a boy and girl-

"That was a good plan"  with NPH replying "It  wasn't planned"  lol

ETA- I am sorry- - I was wrong-  It was Wanda Sykes twins that Barbara was commenting on (on the show in Jan 2014)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0IyWfscj0I

Edited by springtime

Yup, for some mysterious reason her 'most fascinating' specials continue to get big ratings. Last year's special drew more viewers than any other program on broadcast television that night (8.8 million). As long as that's the case, and they're still able to prop Babs upright in front of the camera, they'll keep doing them.

Lol, I've been picturing Geddie doing that for years.  Wow, I had no idea it had that kind of numbers though.    I wonder why?  Curiosity?  Excellent scheduling and by that I mean nothing else on?  

• Love 3

Sherri fell while doing stand up over the weekend- Sounds like she is ok-

(Hopefully she used the fall for material- The name of the club is Stand! lol )

"Plz welcome2 the stage - Sherri Shepherd". I walk to the stage in my 5" heel boots- SLIPPED & FELL on the floor. Got up & still killed it!

Edited by springtime

Got up & still killed it!

I really haven't come across another "celebrity" who brags about themselves like Sherri does.  For someone who claims to be so Christian, did she skip the part about humility?

I really haven't followed Sherri's stand up. Ive seen her do some when she's been on the Tonight Show, and I caught a few minutes flipping around when she had that special on the cable network. It's not my cup of tea. It's not honest or smart. But I guess there's some folks out there that like it

Sherri has an upcoming gig at the Gotham Comedy Club this upcoming weekend.

She could really use help with her biographies for her appearances

It's been awhile since her sitcom ended, Precious was due to be released and Jeffrey was 4 yrs old! lol

http://gothamcomedyclub.com/artist.cfm?id=1024

Perhaps she fired her publicist. That bio is soooo out of date, she should be embarrassed. But not Sherri, there's some stupid good reason for it, I'm sure.

One thing I've noticed on Sherri's tweets, she is very vocal about the damage that Bill Cosby is accused of. In fact, one follower asked her if she had ever had a problem with him like so many other women.

Just ran across the news that the most interesting person of 2014 is Amal Clooney (I am sure  have her first name wrong and apologize to all).

The few things I have read about her shows her to be smart and accomplished - and completely anonymous to the general public until her involvement and marriage to Clooney.

I hate myself for criticizing the pick of  smart and accomplished person as number one........BUT let's face it....she would be reading the list if she hadn't married Clooney.

Is she the most interesting because of her brains, ideas and accomplishments?  I doubt it.  I am sure Babs was mostly curious about how she "caught" Clooney.

I don't care.   He's a smart and committed guy, she's a smart and committed gal - - there's a musical there somewhere......

Most fascinating....not really unless you want to find out how to "catch" a famously elusive wealthy man.  Annette Benning would qualify for that list as well.  I am not dissing Benning.  She is a terrific actor and smart as hell.  Same qualities as Amal (minus the actor part). 

GAGH, not sure what I'm going for here.  Lord I wish babs would just go away!

• Love 8

Thanks, Medicine Crow, for taking one for the team!

Someone's gotta do it!!  No??

Just saw on my National news that Beverly Johnson is backing out of her "appearances" due to meeting/speaking with Cosby's wife.  Oh hell!!  I was SO looking forward to Whoop's reaction.  Crap!!!

I sat through Barb's Most Fascinating special because I had nothing else to watch and was waiting for the husband to finish watching CSI.  Barb had the CRAZY EYES going like crazy.  Oh My.  In between all of the commercial breaks when she would do her little intro pieces to set up the next interview -- egads -- CRAZY eyes bulging right out of her head.  It almost made me change the channel a few times but it was like a traffic accident in that I couldn't look away.  I started to even feel bad for her and wondered why one of her people (Sweaty G?) didn't 'advise' her to stop doing that. 

In the opening of the show she says something like 'I'm baaaack!' complete with the crazy eyes.  And then goes on to say that she was done doing these specials but ABC just had to bring it back and make it even longer!  And -- move it to Sunday night!!  Oh gee, wow!

As far as the interviews went; along with the already mentioned blazing bonfire that was ready to burn down the building during ScarJo's bit,  she turned the Oprah interview into a bit about herself -- how shocking!!  She snuck in the clips from last years :"Year of the Barbara!" where Oprah visited the View and brought with her the parade o' news ladies.  To 'honour me' and 'adore me' and to 'idolize me' as they all should.  Well, not quite but she said something like that. 

• Love 1

So Babs most fascinating woman was Amal Clooney?  What was her reasoning for the pick?  If I had to guess, b/c this is Babs after all, it was b/c she was the one who finally bagged George Clooney after years of his bachelorhood.

• Love 3

So Babs most fascinating woman was Amal Clooney?

Amal Clooney is an incredibly smart and accomplished woman in her own right but I have zero doubt Barbara chose her for any other reason than she married George Clooney.  This is just once again proof she thinks the American television viewing audience is made up of celebrity worshipping morons.  And sadly to a degree she is right.

• Love 6

So Babs most fascinating woman was Amal Clooney?  What was her reasoning for the pick?  If I had to guess, b/c this is Babs after all, it was b/c she was the one who finally bagged George Clooney after years of his bachelorhood.

No wonder she kept saying that no one will be able to guess who it was..... fascinating

• Love 4

You know that Barbara was hoping to get a rare, coveted sit down interview with Amal by bestowing upon her "the honor of being deemed Ms. Walter's most fascinating person" but Amal didn't bite. I wonder how many emails and conversations were had between Amal and Barbara representatives to try to get the interview! So, again, Babs is left with having to do her own narration about the person rather than a face-to-face interview! Ouch!

• Love 6

I hope this is the correct place to put this. I saw a link to this on another site-making fun of Barbara for only recognizing Amal Alamuddin Clooney for snagging Clooney and not all of her many other accomplishments: http://www.fishwrapper.com/post/2014/12/15/amal-clooney-barbara-walters-pictures-most-interesting-person-george-clooney-marriage-photos-pics/

The Social covered this topic in the same way.  I'm sure glad people are pointing this out.  She is a fabulous woman & marrying George does not make her more fabulous, just married to George.  JMHO.

• Love 4

On the Social, they said Babs was losing it and should retire

Does Barbara have pics of Walt Disney blowing Mickey Mouse or something?  I mean seriously?  Why does ABC continue to give her airtime?

I'm curious what the ratings were for her special. There was a huge football game on last night.  I can't imagine her show did that well.

• Love 4

The main driving force in Bitsy's world view is FEAR. (She once described "fear of divorce" as the most important factor keeping couples together. Take that, "love.") Wonder what she thinks about her boy McCain's view, if she's even aware of it.

• Love 4

Lol, I've been picturing Geddie doing that for years. Wow, I had no idea it had that kind of numbers though. I wonder why? Curiosity? Excellent scheduling and by that I mean nothing else on?

Yup, I'm thinking it's largely nothing else on. They always air in mid to late December when most shows are on hiatus and if folks are watching network TV they're looking for family-friendly fair that won't be embarrassing to watch with Grammy and Gramps and Aunt Lulu.

• Love 2

Thanks for taking one for the team and reporting back everyone, especially MedicineCrow.  I had no idea that many people tuned in - even though it came in fourth out of the four big networks, six million is a number cable would love.  I couldn't bear to watch but I did flip in for the last 30 seconds before the 11:00 newscast.  She was blathering on about how this was probably, most likely, maybe, the last special like this she will do.  Which is what she said last year.  It always cracks me up that THE MOST Fascinating person doesn't even show up.  I'm picturing the Clooneys spending an evening doing something glamourous (a holiday party?) and Amal getting a text, shrugging and deleting.  Hahahaha!

At this point I give Sweaty G most of the blame.  Leave poor woman alone Bill! You must have enough money for several lifetimes by now.  And Babs, you scaring the hell out of people with those eyes in HD. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

So, bitsy beat the Benghazi drums hundreds of times but... a little torture? Ending in at least one death of one of the people swept up and jailed and turned out to be innocent all along?

She's an idiot. And worse than that she is a parrot who apes whatever Fox feeds into her earpiece.

• Love 4

Oh for crying out loud, you should have warned me about snarling Cheney! j/k

Laughs at Fox poking at Todd, he's a "fair and balanced" false equivalency douche just like everyone at Fox.

Bitsy and her word salad, no wonder she and Palin are such pals.

"Today, right now in a chocolate shop, ISIS blah de blah blah blah..."

It was clear during the early morning shows that the networks knew who this guy was but weren't releasing information about him, turns out he is a self-styled SHIA cleric, out on bail from the killing of his ex-wife.  ISIS, is a Sunni organization - so it was clear he was a deranged lone wolf, who were they supposed to torture for information, Bitsy?

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 7

I caught a little of Faux and Friends this am, I may have missed it but they seemed to have more of a bug up their butts about Sony pulling "The Interview."

A few years ago Bitsy made the laughable assertion that her "dream ticket" was Petreaus and Rubio. Laughable because of what ended up to Petreaus, and laughable because of the idea that she has any opinion independent of what is fed to her. Rubio's stock has fallen a lot in the past few years (Rand Paul and Ted Cruz stole a lot of his new car smell) so maybe she hasn't expressed her carefully well-thought-out opinion on Cuba because her bosses haven't given it to her yet, Rubio is such an afterthought now.

• Love 6

I don't understand why, but Sherri is coming up on Morning Joe.  I can't tell you how much Scarborough mocked her about the flat earth thing, but since Nicolle is on The View, and Joe despises RO, anything goes?  Mario Cantone was on yesterday.  (Thomas Roberts had a call in with Whoopi months ago.)

Go figure.

• Love 1

Got up early today, turned on Morning Joe, there was Sherri! Mika was asking Sherri's opinion on the Sony issue, British women troops being in combat and expensive gifts for baby North West. Mika was kissing her ass and Sherri was eating it up. Sherri is so funny and sexy. First thing out of Sherri's mouth was she had time to come on MJ because she was finally free from The View. I guess MJ is scraping the bottom of the list on guests.

• Love 2
First thing out of Sherri's mouth was she had time to come on MJ because she was finally free from The View.

She is so full of shit. If she really wanted "to be free" of the View then she would stop talking about it in every.single.interview she does.

Sherri will never have such a cushy high exposure well-paying job like the View again.  I think Sherri might have thought she would be in demand once she left the show but I don't see it happening.  IMO her career is going to be what it was before the View.  Stand up gigs and guest parts on TV shows and an occasional movie role.  And no matter what she does with her career she is always going to be known as that twit from the View who didn't know if the earth was flat or not.

• Love 10

Got up early today, turned on Morning Joe, there was Sherri! Mika was asking Sherri's opinion on the Sony issue, British women troops being in combat and expensive gifts for baby North West. Mika was kissing her ass and Sherri was eating it up. Sherri is so funny and sexy. First thing out of Sherri's mouth was she had time to come on MJ because she was finally free from The View. I guess MJ is scraping the bottom of the list on guests.

I wouldn't consider Sherri even in the barrel for a show on a cable news network.   I'd say that show is scraping up what's underneath the bottom of the barrel.  I've only seen a few minutes of Morning Joe so I didn't realize they talked about crap like the Kartrashians or that their audiences would be interested in hearing the opinions of someone who I think would struggle with a fifth grade equivalency test.  Good grief.   Sherri needs to stick to game shows or whatever she's doing these days. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

Sherri needs to stick to game shows or whatever she's doing these days.

So sadly true. I watched this foolishness online & even though I do not expect much of Sherri her total ignorance was unreal. When asked about UK soldiers fighting she had to bring the subject back to Sherri & how she had lots of anger & fighting spirit from her divorce, she could/would fight...........