Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I've only seen a few minutes of Morning Joe so I didn't realize they talked about crap like the Kartrashians or that their audiences would be interested in hearing the opinions of someone who I think would struggle with a fifth grade equivalency test. 

Here's the deal with Morning Joe, Mika sets herself out to be above it all - generally she gets all prudish about trash gossip, once famously walking off the set regarding Paris Hilton that summer that she was such a mess.  That was the summer that the show was in testing after MSNBC dropped Don Imus over his filthy Rutgers women's basketball team remarks.  Now, the show is tanking fast in the ratings and is throwing everything at the wall trying to crawl out of the gutter, ironically, it seems that they are taking from pop culture to do it.

Mika gushing to Sherri, I looooove you is in the show's previous context, the height of hypocrisy.

Morning Joe, used to be, the show that all the "smart people" watched.  Not anymore, now it's just Joe's Spew, kind of like The Spew is now the Whoopi Goldberg Hour.

• Love 4

So how did you go from actor to wig designer? Have you always wanted to have your own line?

I figured if I didn’t leave The View with a wig line or a bra line, something went really wrong because all I do is talk about my boobs and my hair.

Read more at http://observer.com/2014/12/qa-sherri-shepherd-on-leaving-the-view-chris-rock-and-her-new-wig-line/#ixzz3MRKFQK4U

LOL LOL Sherri finally spoke the truth, she was never an intelligent, insightful interviewer, she just talked about her wigs & shoved her boobs in every mans face!!!

• Love 1

Here's the deal with Morning Joe, Mika sets herself out to be above it all - generally she gets all prudish about trash gossip, once famously walking off the set regarding Paris Hilton that summer that she was such a mess.  That was the summer that the show was in testing after MSNBC dropped Don Imus over his filthy Rutgers women's basketball team remarks.  Now, the show is tanking fast in the ratings and is throwing everything at the wall trying to crawl out of the gutter, ironically, it seems that they are taking from pop culture to do it.

Mika gushing to Sherri, I looooove you is in the show's previous context, the height of hypocrisy.

Morning Joe, used to be, the show that all the "smart people" watched.  Not anymore, now it's just Joe's Spew, kind of like The Spew is now the Whoopi Goldberg Hour.

lol, I loved that you said that because I used to love the show passionately. And now I can't take a minute of it. I feared it was me. 

• Love 2

Whooping is writing a book about marriage, Sherri is writing a book about motherhood.

What's the old adage about writing? Oh yeah, "write what you know".

That's some irony right there.

There's another old saying that might apply here too:  "If you can't do, teach."  (Not that I mean to disparage teachers! :))

• Love 1

Here's the deal withi Morning Joe, Mika sets herself out to be above it all - generally she gets all prudish about trash gossip, once famously walking off the set regarding Paris Hilton that summer that she was such a mess.  That was the summer that the show was in testing after MSNBC dropped Don Imus over his filthy Rutgers women's basketball team remarks.  Now, the show is tanking fast in the ratings and is throwing everything at the wall trying to crawl out of the gutter, ironically, it seems that they are taking from pop culture to do it.

Thanks for the explanation NextIteration.   Some shows just stay on long past their pull date. 

LOL LOL Sherri finally spoke the truth, she was never an intelligent, insightful interviewer, she just talked about her wigs & shoved her boobs in every mans face!!!

She took a page from her beloved Real Ho-wives too - they all do the show to get product lines on the side.  Sadly, Sherri is far trashier than any Bravo ho-wife and I should know because I watch that crap, lol.  

• Love 2
She took a page from her beloved Real Ho-wives too - they all do the show to get product lines on the side.  Sadly, Sherri is far trashier than any Bravo ho-wife and I should know because I watch that crap, lol.

Right you are Cosmo!!!  I watch some of the Real Housewife shows & Sherri makes them look like 12-yr.-olds.  LOL.

• Love 3

Sherri stated in one of these interviews she did recently that Octavia Spencer was considered for the role Sherri has in the movie "Woodlawn" Octavia is so busy that she wouldn't have time for this bit part but of course Sherri has to act like she won the role. Delusional much???

• Love 3

There's another old saying that might apply here too: "If you can't do, teach." (Not that I mean to disparage teachers! :))

Those who can, do; those who can't, cash the check and slap their names on highly dubious "self help" books likely written by ghost writers, books that most people wouldn't buy from the dollar bin and yet somehow still manage to *magically* make it onto the NYT best seller list.

• Love 2

Sherri is looking for sympathy on Twitter, talking about being all alone, wonder where her multitude of great girlfriends are? She says she may give out hugs at a shelter today, I'm thinking those poor souls would much rather food & warm clothes. But that simple fact would never enter Sherri's head, too bad she wouldn't do some real charity work....

• Love 4

That phony Bitsy responded to Sherri's tweet, gushing how much she loved her and inviting her to her house. A *real* friend would have known this was happening, and would have made a private invitation before the actual day. What a phony.

I do feel bad for Sherri as she does seem to make a big deal out of Christmas and this has been a tough year for her.

• Love 3

That phony Bitsy responded to Sherri's tweet, gushing how much she loved her and inviting her to her house. A *real* friend would have known this was happening, and would have made a private invitation before the actual day. What a phony.

I do feel bad for Sherri as she does seem to make a big deal out of Christmas and this has been a tough year for her.

OMG, WHO does that!!!  Hasselblech, that's WHO!!!

• Love 4

Sherri is looking for sympathy on Twitter, talking about being all alone, wonder where her multitude of great girlfriends are? She says she may give out hugs at a shelter today, I'm thinking those poor souls would much rather food & warm clothes. But that simple fact would never enter Sherri's head, too bad she wouldn't do some real charity work....

Yup she's "looking for" a shelter to serve. She does know they exist 365 days a year, right?

• Love 7

I have non-religious friends who help out at shelters and soup kitchens on Christmas so as to allow the regular staff there to spend time with their families.

That said, these friends also make arrangements to do so well in advance of Christmas, so asking about it on Twitter the night before isn't likely to yield much fruit (plus I don't know, do shelters take volunteers on such short notice, without training or background checks?)

Well, if it happened, we'll know about it -photos, retweets, etc.

• Love 6

To me, it sounds like Sherri wants to be a "visiting celebrity"  at a shelter -  not someone who actually serves food or helps out in the back, cleaning dishes and taking out trash.  She wants to pose for photos. 

I've volunteered, and Sherri's idea is just wrong.  You volunteer at a shelter or soup kitchen because you feel blessed to have what you have, and you want to share with those who are less fortunate.  It's not for those who can't get an invite somewhere else.  

Alone on christmas does not have to be a bad thing, either.  watch some movies, read a book, cook yourself a great dinner, or buy one.  She's all about being Christian, she can spend the day at church!   

• Love 10

A Christmas present to me! My Michael Aico Hollywood Swank Vanity (@Aico_Amini) - finally a place to do my makeup http://instagram.com/p/xKMeNOoLhm/

Sherri's bragging on Twitter about her Christmas present.  Wow!!  I didn't know such things existed (checked out the web site)!!  (She's verrrrrry good to herself!!)

Aside:  You'd think she would clean off the dresser piled high with clothes that are reflected in the mirror of the vanity.  LOL.

• Love 2

People volunteer at shelters, etc., on major holidays for many reasons. And yes, some people do because "they can't get an invite somewhere else." And some people can "get an invitation elsewhere" but don't want to accept it because they feel they are butting in on someone else's family. So they are at sea on the holiday, don't know what to do, feel bad or strange at not having plans. Don't want to go to a movie. Want to do something helpful. They're advised to go to shelters, etc., that have big dinners to avoid sitting around and feeling blue or feeling sorry for themselves. To get out and see that so many others have so little. To get out of themselves and just give of their self. To be among people and just get in the spirit of togetherness. The shelters, soup kitchens in my area have so many people wanting to volunteer on holidays, there's a big waiting list and it gets shut down early.  I can't speak for Sherrie's motivations and yeah, she might want to do it just to get her picture taken. But I don't think there is just one holy reason why people volunteer. I would suggest a little compassion for people who seemingly "can't get any invitation elsewhere" on Christmas of all days. 

I was referring specifically to a celebrity who posts a self-pitying tweet about being alone and "maybe I'll give out hugs at a shelter",  NOT about people who actually volunteer.   Obviously something about my post struck a personal chord with you, and I apologize, as that was not my intention.   

I have compassion for people who are hurting during the holidays, but NOT for Sherri, who tweets about it in order to get attention, not because she actually wants to help. 

• Love 7

Barbara Walters Back--The View Producers Could Bring Her Back

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/12/barbara-walters-back-the-view/

I don't know if RadarOnline is trustworthy, but lots of (supposed) quotes from Rosie O about Whoopi.

For me, The Year of Barbara didn't make me want to watch, so her returning won't get me to either. I still have almost this entire season on my DVR with no thoughts of sitting and watching.

Sherri says she's in NYC (doesn't say Jersey ) until January 19th then leaving " to shoot episodes of Soul Man" in LA and will return to NYC  January 30th.

From the Radaronline blog:

“They’ve thought on an intellectual level after being told to work out their differences it registered with Rosie, but they’re seeing that maybe Whoopi isn’t smart enough to understand what’s going on,” continued the source. “She has come across as an angry, bitter person who’s not rational. And that could be the downfall of the show.”

This, has a ring of truth.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 11

For me, The Year of Barbara didn't make me want to watch, so her returning won't get me to either. I still have almost this entire season on my DVR with no thoughts of sitting and watching.

Sherri says she's in NYC (doesn't say Jersey ) until January 19th then leaving " to shoot episodes of Soul Man" in LA and will return to NYC  January 30th.

Her house in Jersey is no longer on the market.  I wonder if she sold it???

Sherri Shepherd Verified account ‏@SherriEShepherd

My nephew really needed a warm winter coat... I should've requested the postman get a signature - stolen but I can't spend the $$$ again

BUT, she CAN afford a really fancy Vanity for herself!!??

• Love 6

My nephew really needed a warm winter coat... I should've requested the postman get a signature - stolen but I can't spend the $$$ again

BUT, she CAN afford a really fancy Vanity for herself!!??

What the hell?  Is this tweet a plea for a warm coat for her nephew?  Or a reason she didn't buck up in the first place?  Either way, I find Sherri Shepherd crying poor on Twitter super tacky - even for someone as tacky as Sherri.   Gross. 

• Love 9

What the hell?  Is this tweet a plea for a warm coat for her nephew?  Or a reason she didn't buck up in the first place?  Either way, I find Sherri Shepherd crying poor on Twitter super tacky - even for someone as tacky as Sherri.   Gross. 

Some of the  replies sound like they could have come from some of us, lol! Not meant in a mean way, of course..............but I'm glad, the ass kissing nonsense is too much!

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2

Three words, Sherri:  Burlington Coat Factory

• Love 2

I'm going to hope and pray that she bought him some ridiculously priced Spyder jacket and that instead of spending another $800 on a jacket again, that she will send money in some form so he can head on over to Burlington Coat Factory for something more practical, otherwise?  Ew, Sherri you are totally gross for crying poor on Twitter.

• Love 2

Sherri Shepherd 

Grabbed water from store about to get in my car & a man approaches and throws something at me & says “you need this” his number? Really?

Hopefully she checked her car for damage-  as it doesn't sound like he wanted a date!

• Love 5

I just love seeing Bitsy being mocked for dumb shit she says (or tweets) 

http://gawker.com/dumb-fox-news-hashtag-generates-predictably-sarcastic-r-1676648215/all

Fox news asks what people are "over" for 2014, and tweet their responses with the hashtag  OVERIT.  they get a bunch of people saying they're OVER the bullshit at Fox News. 

Here's Bitsy's , that I think, started it:  

w3zly9ia9jrx7yytk3cg.jpg

And here's one response:  B6MlqpQIYAAqrq4.jpg

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5

Oh good grief, Sherri. If she used a credit card, isn't it covered?

Did she file a police report or just too busy on twitter?

• Love 6

Well, that's what we normal people would do.  Where would be the drama if Sherri did that?

• Love 2

I hate to be a bitch about it, but the thought had crossed my mind that there WAS no coat.

Yeah, I sent a gift. It was an expensive coat. You didn't get it? Oh no! It must have been STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 5

Hi Viewers! We know the show is on hiatus and y'all are bored, but remember, Sherri's personal life is off-topic. Please stick to her professional stuff and not just any of her tweets about her life. Thank you. Happy New Year!

• Love 2

HAPPY NEW YEAR to one & all!!!

I was listening to mindless TV while making turkey-vegetable soup yesterday & found myself listening/watching The Wahlburgers.  Jenny was on a couple of times, but what really struck me was that Jenny & Donnie did several commercials for their upcoming show "Donnie loves Jenny".  Who knows where that story-line will wander.  LOL.

Jenny was on a couple of times, but what really struck me was that Jenny & Donnie did several commercials for their upcoming show "Donnie loves Jenny".  Who knows where that story-line will wander.  LOL.

Hopefully being cancelled after 2 weeks?  NKOTB fans are split on it. Some think it's "the greatest thing ever!" others are "Really Donnie? When did you sell yourself out to this point?"

• Love 2

Yeah,  all this Wahlburger and "donnie loves Jenny:"  stuff is taking away my enjoyment of Blue Bloods, which is a pretty decent show, when it's not too preachy.  

I'm trying to think of anyone who had a reality show where it did NOT lower my opinion of them.  

• Love 4

Yeah,  all this Wahlburger and "donnie loves Jenny:"  stuff is taking away my enjoyment of Blue Bloods

DITTO, My hubby & I watch Blue Bloods each week but since Donnie "attached" to Jenny, it is so difficult to take him seriously....

• Love 2

I ate an Elisabeth Hassellbeck protein bar today at the gym hahaha it was gluten free obviously, I didn't know she was involved in the supplement business.  I wouldn't get it again, I normally eat Quest bars at the gym, those are really good.  Money is money, I just can't believe she is an actual brand to people.

• Love 1