Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Holy and Hungry airs tonight at 10PM!

I went to The Cooking Channel's website to take a look (I have basic cable so I won't be able to watch)

Their Front Page has a list (and links) to favorite recipes (not related to Sherri's show)

Recipe # 3 on the list (Hot Dish category)  is Tater Tot Casserole! (A Duggar Family favorite) lol

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/home.html

Edited by springtime

Just when you think Elisabeth Hasselbeck can't become even more vile than she is she proves us wrong.

I used to wonder if she actually believed the dreck that she spouted at the View.  I'm now inclined to believe that yes she does believe what she says.  I knew once she went home to her mother ship she would be even more hateful than she was on the View and she has done exactly that.  What a mean ignorant person she is. 

• Love 12

I actually don't think Bitsy has much of an inner life. She has few core values and basically just sloganeers her way through life, reciting the lines she's fed. Rosie alluded to the "prep sessions" she'd have with Geddie every morning; gross jokes aside, it shows that she had to be tutored to hold opinions, so they were never organically arrived at by herself. I think she comes off more virulent and hateful now because her peers and her "tutors" are more virulent and hateful. I would love for someone to ambush her on the street and ask her to explain in broad terms what "Obamacare" is, or what amnesty is - things she rails against on TV with the fervor of a Nuremberg rally attendee. I bet she has no idea what she hates so much.

This AM they had a choir singing a song called "All Lives Matter." Believe you me, demonizing "Black Lives Matter" is going to be a big part of the Republican playbook.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 6

Re: The BlackLivesMatter must be a hate group....this must be an internal memo priority at Fox. O'Reilly said the same thing last evening. Also said he is going to, "put them out of business". Guess like he did to Dr. Tiller. 

"O’REILLY: I think they’re a hate group and I’m going to tell you right now, I’m gonna put them out of business and any media person who supports them? I’m gonna put them on this program and put their picture right on the air."

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/08/bill-o-reilly-announces-he-will-put

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 3

The BlackLivesMatter must be hate group....must be an internal memo priority at Fox. O'Reilly said the same thing last evening. Also said he is gong to "put them out of business". Guess like he did to Dr. Tiller. 

"O’REILLY: I think they’re a hate group and I’m going to tell you right now, I’m gonna put them out of business and any media person who supports them? I’m gonna put them on this program and put their picture right on the air."

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/08/bill-o-reilly-announces-he-will-put

Yes I saw this.... he was challenged as well...... this was my first thought.... maybe it is time to shut O'Reilly down

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/05/court-transcripts-bill-oreilly-abused-his

First he was accused of sexual harassment and had to pay millions

Then he was accused in open court by his daughter about him abusing his wife.

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 3

People ask me why I watch "Fox and Friends." Answer: it is the purest manifestation of the GOP playbook. The three idiots on that show are incapable of independent thought or analysis and simply recite what they have been told by the powers that be.

If Bitsy is railing against Black Lives Matter, it's because she was told to.

• Love 8

People ask me why I watch "Fox and Friends." Answer: it is the purest manifestation of the GOP playbook. The three idiots on that show are incapable of independent thought or analysis and simply recite what they have been told by the powers that be.

Bingo!

(although I do think Hasselbeck hates on most everything organically)

• Love 1

I agree with this.  I think she knows that once she hits 40 she's history with Fox.  They already have their blonde,  Megyn Kelly, they don't need her.   She has to say what they tell her to say, and if it's too much, Fox can get rid of her, then say, "Next blonde please."

• Love 3

Elisabeth lives her life in fear.  Black Lives Matter is just another thing that scares her.  Her and her fellow Fox devotees just don't seem to understand that black people wanting the same rights and respect as white people doesn't mean white people deserve less rights and respect.  It's the same thing with gay marriage.  Gay people being allowed to marry doesn't mean straight people now have their marriages affected.  Elisabeth is a privileged white woman who IMO is scared to death that one day she won't be what she thinks is special.  For a woman who has seemingly had a pretty good life with things falling her way she sure loves to act like she is being persecuted.  As a Christian, as a conservative, as a Republican, yes Elisabeth poor little you just can't seem to catch a break.

• Love 4

How does Bitsy even stay relevant? She has been gone from The View for two years and seems like she is going to have nine lives. UGH!

Shouldn't she have been extinguished by now?

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 3

Sadly you can attribute Bitsy's "relevance" - or at least her presence on Fox - to Rosie. She made Bitsy a hero for taking her on. Bitsy soon positioned herself as the defendant against all things outspoken, lesbian, liberal, anti-war - in other words, everything the Fox core audience hates, fears, or distrusts.

No Rosie, and you have a word-salady anti-gluten exercise-obsessed flag-waving failed clothing designer. Maybe she could get a lifestyle show from that (and I do think her management team was going that way with her failed mommy-friendly website and her Rachael Ray appearances) but it did not work.

• Love 4

To paraphrase Lizzie herself, "why has [Lizzie and her Fox News cohorts] not been classified as a hate group? How much more has to go in this direction before someone actually labels it as such?"

And she of all people dares to invoke "journalism?!" As if. She is now and forever will be nothing more than a reality show reject that someone once decided looked cute on camera and even that limited claim is quickly fading.

I agree completely that she and her ilk live in fear. They throw on this cloak of loud bombastic tough guy patriotism but in reality they are utterly insecure about themselves and fearful of everything around them constantly. If her husband dares to crack open a Playboy in her mind that immediately translates into she's not enough for him and he's going to cheat and leave her. Social evolution and progress are things to be feared. Everyone who is "other" and doesn't think and look and act exactly the way they do is an imminent threat to be attacked and suppressed or eradicated. If they weren't so harmful and hateful I'd almost feel sorry for them. It must be a miserable existence to live in fear of everything all the time.

• Love 8

i agree it was Bitsy elbowing into Rosie's spotlight that first got her national recognition or at least caught Hannity's eye.  Before that no one knew her name despite having been on this show for something like four years!  Even so,  when ABC cut her loose I believe it was Sweaty Bill Geddie (and Babs) who called their good friend and fellow fat fuck Roger Ailes  to get Bits another gig.  If she could have gotten the job (or any job) on her own she would have months before.  Even Babs didn't get it tied up until the eleventh hour.  

And what a gig!  From the clips I've seen, it's almost like that seat was designed for our Bitsy - a perfect fit!   Seated between two morons, she regurgitates  Fox Fear talking points for hours on end without any pesky interruptions by persons spouting logic or facts.   And best of all, since her show is in the middle of night for me, she's off my TV.  Snarking on Bits on this show was fun, but I have no desire to listen to an unchecked Bits screech for hours. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 9

i agree it was Bitsy elbowing into Rosie's spotlight that first got her national recognition or at least caught Hannity's eye.  Before that no one knew her name despite having been on this show for something like four years!  Even so,  when ABC cut her loose I believe it was Sweaty Bill Geddie (and Babs) who called their good friend and fellow fat fuck Roger Ailes  to get Bits another gig.  If she could have gotten the job (or any job) on her own she would have months before.  Even Babs didn't get it tied up until the eleventh hour.  

And what a gig!  From the clips I've seen, it's almost like that seat was designed for our Bitsy - a perfect fit!   Seated between two morons, she regurgitates  Fox Fear talking points for hours on end without any pesky interruptions by persons spouting logic or facts.   And best of all, since her show is in the middle of night for me, she's off my TV.  Snarking on Bits on this show was fun, but I have no desire to listen to an unchecked Bits screech for hours. 

Good one  :)

• Love 2

Thanks  Matcha.  I hesitated to use the word fat, a derogatory description that I almost never use, but I couldn't resist the alliteration and in the case of Ailes I think it fits.

When people reveal themselves to be so ugly, dirty, antagonistic and dangerous from the inside out….taking a shot about something superficial seems just fine.  The legendary Norman Lear has a whole philosophy about that.   

• Love 3

Oh boy. Bitsy is at it again, claiming that her question about BLM being a hate group was a question, and not her opinion.

My question was NOT my opinion it was for my guest & was @ the St Paul group (NOT entire BLM) calling for cops to be "fried like bacon".

Let's roll the tape  (or a transcript of the tape):

"“Kevin, why has the black lives movement—the black lives matter movement—not been classified yet as a hate group?"

Yep, no qualification on the St Paul group. (Which btw is ABSURD. It's not as if this is some official organization has chapters or regional offices.)

As for "This is just my question, not my opinion", she's conveniently ignoring that after she asked the question, she added, "I mean how much more has to go in this direction before someone actually labels it as such?” That sounds like she's advocating its classification as a hate group to me.

This is the second time in so many months that she's denied saying something that was ON TAPE on her NATIONALLY BROADCAST show.  Does she really believe in magical thinking, that if she thinks something didn't happen, it didn't?

Oh, and then she adds this gem:

My calling @foxandfriends is to ask questions and my calling  as a #Christian is to #LoveAllGodsPeople -I give my best to do both each day.

Get it guys? She has a "calling" at Fox and Friends. And it's to love people. (So long as they're "God's people", whatever that means.

Can you believe this shit?

• Love 13

The only question that she could have asked and not have to defend would have been, "Kevin, why do you think that BLM is a hate group?" She brought the subject up, she implied that it was only a matter of time before they were defined as such.

I knew her dad in college. He was a nice guy. I can't believe that he raised such a vacuous twit.

• Love 4
I knew her dad in college. He was a nice guy. I can't believe that he raised such a vacuous twit.

From what I've read (long ago), Bitsy's parents are known to be quite liberal.  In fact, I vaguely recall reading a comment made by her mother, to the effect of "We just don't know where she came from."

My think on it is that she's a Hasselbeck creation.  She was totally uninterested in politics when she was a Survivor contestant.  A year and a half later, she married into their conservative family.  I wonder if they ever think "Be careful what you wish for..."

• Love 7

"I was asking a question, "Is it wrong to ask the question?"  "I'm just asking what everyone is thinking."  This is a standard defence all Fox people seem to hide behind.  They will drop a heavy piece of crazy then roll it back, whenever challenged, like a little kid doing a shoulder shrug "who me" gesture.  I swear it must be in the training manual.  As soon as they meet resistance (or a smart person), they sort of take on a child-like vibe and form their response in the form of a question.  Hasselbeck and the two potted plants she sits between have it mastered.  Actually the greatest example of this is always Tucker Carlson, but that's off-topic.  

• Love 9

Elisabeth will  never ever own a damn word she says.  And why should she?  How many times on the View did we hear her say some truly vile shit and she always just walked away from it without a scratch.  Example:  Equating gay marriage to someone marrying their toaster.  Example:  Equating Plan B contraception to giving birth and leaving your newborn in the street to die. 

I keep waiting for Karma to get her one day.  I don't even care how.  It could be something as simple as she has a botched plastic surgery job on her face.  Or it could be something really juicy like her husband is caught with his pants down with a man, woman, goat or whatever. 

Whereas I find Sherri unlikable and with this whole baby thing an absolute horrible person I despise Elisabeth.  There is not one good thing I can say about her.  Damn Geddie and his blonde conservative fetish.  If not for that she wouldn't have the career she has today.

• Love 15

If Tim got caught with a toaster - ouch!

The most egregious example of Bitsy being horrible and then not owning it, is when she said those terrible comments about Erin Andrews. She got a lot of blowback and then the next day treated us with a tearful story about reading Bible stories with Grace and being sad about saying bad thing about another lady and Grace telling her to say she's sorry to the lady. The story was so contrived - Bible stories? - as to be offensive to our intelligence. And the kicker is, she never called Andrews to apologize personally.

If you're going to throw bombs, expect consequences. Say what you will about Ann Coulter, she says her crazy stuff and owns them. No pathetic tweets by Ann about loving all of God's children and how she was misquoted.

• Love 13

"I was asking a question, "Is it wrong to ask the question?"  "I'm just asking what everyone is thinking."  This is a standard defence all Fox people seem to hide behind.  They will drop a heavy piece of crazy then roll it back, whenever challenged, like a little kid doing a shoulder shrug "who me" gesture.  I swear it must be in the training manual.  As soon as they meet resistance (or a smart person), they sort of take on a child-like vibe and form their response in the form of a question.  Hasselbeck and the two potted plants she sits between have it mastered.  Actually the greatest example of this is always Tucker Carlson, but that's off-topic.  

Right - it's a version of the tried and true interview technique -   "how would you respond to the rumors that you're (gay, an adulterer, addicted to pain pills, alcoholic, etc )?  "   and then -  "oh my goodness I didn't MAKE the accusations, I just put it out there to give the person a chance to DEFEND the rumors."

Bitsy used to do it on The View by prefacing it with "SOME people  are saying......."   When the "SOME"  referred to herself. 

• Love 6

Right - it's a version of the tried and true interview technique -   "how would you respond to the rumors that you're (gay, an adulterer, addicted to pain pills, alcoholic, etc )?  "   and then -  "oh my goodness I didn't MAKE the accusations, I just put it out there to give the person a chance to DEFEND the rumors."

Bitsy used to do it on The View by prefacing it with "SOME people  are saying......."   When the "SOME"  referred to herself. 

As far as the last sentence, I do remember BaWa saying that was one of her techniques (am I remembering correctly?).  So Bitsy probably thinks she is the next BW.  

• Love 3
I keep waiting for Karma to get her one day.  I don't even care how.  It could be something as simple as she has a botched plastic surgery job on her face.  Or it could be something really juicy like her husband is caught with his pants down with a man, woman, goat or whatever.

Karma will get her when she is no longer Fox's golden girl (or is that golden goose?).  She'll end up at some Fox affiliate in the middle of nowhere and twenty years from now people will say, "whatever happened to that blonde woman who used to be on The View?"  They won't even remember her name.

• Love 6

Didn't Elisabeth say she studied at the Barbara Walters school of journalism?  Blech.

I never liked that Barbara considered herself a journalist when she didn't have a degree in it and IMO just simply lucked into a career interviewing people.  With a staff who came up with her questions.  So Elisabeth thinking she is a journalist I guess makes sense but it is truly an insult to every single person who graduated from college with an actual degree in journalism.  Left to her own devices Elisabeth could not write a story that was anything more substantial than a grocery list.  Hell she couldn't even read the blue cards at the View without it being a word salad.

• Love 8

Didn't Elisabeth say she studied at the Barbara Walters school of journalism?  Blech.

I never liked that Barbara considered herself a journalist when she didn't have a degree in it and IMO just simply lucked into a career interviewing people.  With a staff who came up with her questions.  So Elisabeth thinking she is a journalist I guess makes sense but it is truly an insult to every single person who graduated from college with an actual degree in journalism.  Left to her own devices Elisabeth could not write a story that was anything more substantial than a grocery list.  Hell she couldn't even read the blue cards at the View without it being a word salad.

First, just because someone has a degree in something doesn't mean they can do the work and just because someone doesn't have a degree in something doesn't mean they can't.  

However, Barbara Walters was lucky.  She was in the news business when there were fewer women than there are today.  In other words, she didn't have much competition.  She was at the right place at the right time when they needed a woman for the Today show (in fact, being in the right place at the right time is how most people get their jobs).  I don't think there was anything special about her.  If Barbara Walters were young today, she might not have gotten that Today show job.

I think Elisabeth just got lucky and like her mentor Barbara Walters she was at the right place at the right time.  

• Love 8

I think Elisabeth just got lucky and like her mentor Barbara Walters she was at the right place at the right time.

Oh absolutely.  It was a different political climate back then.  It wasn't that long after 9/11, GW was in the White House.  Elisabeth with her conservative views fit right in.  But today, other than Fox News she wouldn't stand a chance of being hired.  And she has only herself to blame for that.  Been an on air personality for 12 (?) years now and still sucks at it.

• Love 5

Yeah, and being on Bill Geddie's lap didn't hurt. That would at least help explain the longevity of her time on The Spew.

• Love 6

There are far too many instances where Hasselbeck just leaves you staring and slow-blinking at the television.  She is a hateful zero as an on-air personality, and yet stays on the air.  Completely devoid of intelligence, insight, thoughtful points to consider.  There are people who post on this board who are a million miles above her and are extremely deep thinking, thought provoking, funny etc.  How does this shit-for-brains qualify to have a platform?

• Love 13

It was only a little more than a month ago (July 27) and 3 pages back that Elisabeth put her foot in her mouth with the defense of the cop who arrested Sandra Bland. And later said (as a journalist) it was just a question. Still it's hard to believe this is actually her opinion since she is too vapid to hold an opinion. Parrots aren't critical thinkers.

• Love 6

There are far too many instances where Hasselbeck just leaves you staring and slow-blinking at the television.  She is a hateful zero as an on-air personality, and yet stays on the air.  Completely devoid of intelligence, insight, thoughtful points to consider.  There are people who post on this board who are a million miles above her and are extremely deep thinking, thought provoking, funny etc.  How does this shit-for-brains qualify to have a platform?

I think that, especially in the entertainment industry, you have to be in the right place at the right time AND you have to have someone pushing you, someone in your corner.  There are many intelligent people around, but they don't have people in their corner fighting for them, so they don't get the jobs.  That's a truth as old as time.  Had Geddie not been in Elisabeth's corner, she never would have the job she has.  

• Love 3