Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Ambo

• Start Topic

(edited)

Wow that was crazy.  

This show is great even as unrealistic as it can be like Deran stealing a ambulance in the middle of the day.  There would probably be cameras somewhere. 

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Love 4
(edited)

That's how Tupi is dealt with? I'm happy he is gone but it's not satisfying. Should have been at the hands of J not Uncle Pete.  

See ya Mia! That wasted/useless storyline of those two was wrapped up pretty quick. I still don't buy Mia/Tupi putting it all together and knew where to hit the ambulance. 

When did Mia know Baz was J's father? Or are the writers changing history?

Why would Pete have murders go on in his garage? I can see Tupi being killed but isn't Mia his niece? 

Angela actually found a VCR in the house? That's the most shocking event that happened this episode.

Pam really robbed them. I thought she was being set up by young Smurf.

The robbery was ridiculous, as no one was watching these EMTs steal equipment. I was hoping a real medical emergency would happen and they would have to be called in.

No one baked or picked up the pie. So sad!!!!!!!!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 11
(edited)

Tupi gone was good enough, but Mia was a total bonus!

That accident  and subsequent robbery was intense!  I'm not often on the edge of my seat but that was very well done!

J didn't even flinch when Mia told him about Baz.  Anyone think he already knew?  That's what I'm leaning towards.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Love 7

Did Mia want J to kill her by telling him she killed Baz or did she think he wouldn’t do it.  He seemed to be freaking out at the end so he has some remorse.   Yet he did kill the lady (can’t remember the character) with the shark bait and that didn’t seem to affect him. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

That accident was intense! 

Everything from the accident onward was intense. 

Damn, J. I didn’t think he would shoot Mia. Maybe her confession about Baz hurt him more then he let on. 

20 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Mia said that? I missed that line. 

21 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

I know. I know it’s just a superstition, but it’s a tradition they’ve come to depend on  emotionally. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Laurie4H said:

Did Mia want J to kill her by telling him she killed Baz or did she think he wouldn’t do it.  He seemed to be freaking out at the end so he has some remorse.   Yet he did kill the lady (can’t remember the character) with the shark bait and that didn’t seem to affect him. 

She was trying to turn J against Smurf and Pete and to let him know she’d do dirty work for him.

But he already hates Smurf. Don’t know if he can hate her more. And he doesn’t trust Pete—J already knows he works for Smurf 

• Love 5

Shit that DID get super intense! The heist this week was ridiculous and over the top, even by this shows standards, but it was still crazy fun to watch. The car getting smashed into got an actual gasp out of me!

So we get the first glimmer of how Smurf looks at motherhood. "One day my boy will be big and strong and he wont love anyone as much as he loves me." She clearly sees her kids as her own homemade crew she can raise up to be tough and strong and loyal to her more than she sees them as children to love (probably partially why she was so quick to cut Julia out, she couldn't/wouldn't do anything for her) but maybe she also went on to have so many kids because she does want love, and has no idea what healthy love is, so she has kids who will "have to" love her and worship her. 

Holy crap Tupi AND Mia!?! I think that J either knew or strongly suspected both that Baz was his dad and that Smurf was involved in his death, this just confirmed it. 

• Love 6

Mia didn't think J had it in him to do the real dirty work so she played her last card and offered to be his Pope.  The one he calls on when a murder needs to be done.   She also brought up the fact that Smurf is hella shady and that J can't trust her or any of the boys who will ultimately take up with her over him.  I am actually thinking that J is telling all of Smurf's people that she is dying so he can get his in and show that maybe loyalty to him is a better option so when he goes up against Smurf he at least has a play.  

• Love 9
(edited)
37 minutes ago, topanga said:

Yeah. She said "Pete paid me to kill your dad....".  

I wonder if J will go after Pete for being in on Baz' death (when he doesn't need him anymore).

Is J going to keep the jewlery, cash and not tell the others? 

How convenient! A man just pulls up with the right size pick up so the boys could steal and put the equipment in. He couldn't pull up in a Mini Cooper?

55 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

J didn't even flinch when Mia told him about Baz.  Anyone think he already knew?

I don't think J knew. 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Yeah. She said "Pete paid me to kill your dad....".  

I wonder if J will go after Pete for being in on Baz' death (when he doesn't need him anymore).

Is J going to keep the jewlery, cash and not tell the others? 

How convenient! A man just pulls up with the right size pick up so the boys could steal and put the equipment in. He couldn't pull up in a Mini Cooper?

I don't think J knew. 

i think if he shows up with the goods they're going to be even more suspicious of him. He can't explain it without giving up that he's been working on his own and trying to displace Smurf.

• Love 6

Haha about a mini cooper! That would have been lovely! I'm surprised they had the smarts to even think about transferring the equipment from ambo to the truck & put on masks. I'd think their noggins would be mush after that wreck.

• Love 3

I have been watching this season because I saw that Emily Deschanel was going to be on, but they are hardly doing anything with her. Instead of the endless flashbacks, they could have given that screentime to her. Why did they bother adding her to the show if they were just going to waste her talent? Ugh.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, MrWhyt said:

i think if he shows up with the goods they're going to be even more suspicious of him. He can't explain it without giving up that he's been working on his own and trying to displace Smurf.

I agree.

Maybe Grandma Smurf once told little J a bedtime story how she brought the van back and no one suspected/questioned her of working with Pam. Maybe J remembered that story and can say something similar when he returns the jewlery (keeps the cash) to his uncles.

• Love 1

Aw man, Deran is straight up lying to Adrian now. He is pretty much done with him.

Are ambulances generally left running like that? If so you'd think they'd get stolen a lot. And you'd think there'd be an immediate APB or whatever on a stolen ambulance. Don't they have some controlled substances in them?

Tupi was a complete idiot. He needed killing.

Well, J has turned a big corner. Wonder if he's really ready to lead the Cody crew? It's smart I guess that he's been taking his time getting himself up to speed on how Smurf manages things.

So did I. If she was smart enough to play a long-ish con like that you'd think she'd have been smart enough to go someplace where she wouldn't be easily found. Like a couple of time zones away.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, MrWhyt said:

Jay already knows he’s in deep shit with the fam after guy tells Pope “say hello to your nephew”

Mia revealing the Baz intel is what sent him over the top...early on Smurf referred to Baz as Jay father. After she said she didn’t mind blood or brain matter....Jay knew she was way over the top ....Psychopathic with zero empathy 

Jay come back to fam with what was lost in accident....admit he “offed” Mia....

I don’t believe he’ll tell the boys Smurf’s was responsible for death of Baz...I think when Smurf comes back...he will leverage that against her....at some point she HAS to realize the boys don’t have the brains, discipline, guts to continue....”it’s the only family he has....so he’s dedicated to being the youngest “son”.... the last boy that Julia as a female could never fulfill or get the love or attention the boys the boys received 

Lets just say...Smurf wasn’t a “girl’s girl”

oh....an I think Pope’s girlfriend is an informant....explaining why her friend that visited asked ‘how did she get out so soon since there was a gun involved”

Shes turned State’s evidence for a deal

IMHO

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 3

I had to laugh when Pam told Smurf "If you want an abortion, I know a doctor in Reedley..." Reedley, in rural Fresno County?  Maybe pick up some grapes or oranges while you're out there.

I was surprised they didn't use Pope as the ambo driver.  He has a much more ordinary appearance than Deran, and less likely to attract attention.  A bearded, long haired guy driving an ambo would remain in people's memory when investigations started.  And that siren must have been deafening inside that concrete building when they left.

To borrow from The Shawshank Redemption, "I like to think that the last thing that went through Tupi's mind (other than that bullet) was how the hell J figured it out so fast."

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

Tupi gone was good enough, but Mia was a total bonus!

That accident  and subsequent robbery was intense!  I'm not often on the edge of my seat but that was very well done!

J didn't even flinch when Mia told him about Baz.  Anyone think he already knew?  That's what I'm leaning towards.

He’s been raised (recent) years to be hard core...

remember trip to desert to deal w/ Marco... son of Mannie (leader of ‘flash back’ crew)...Marco accused her of leaving Mannie to die...

Baz ultimately went with Smurf to off Marco...she was ‘grooming J’ at that early stage

of course this is just my take....tonight’s episode was soooo intense!!!

• Love 3
(edited)

Of all the boys J is actually the most like Smurf.  Even more then Baz was who tended to get hysterical when he didn’t get his way.  Baz was smart but he tended to go for the quick score even when it was getting even with people who hurt him.  He was never one for the long game which was why he was a shit father.

J on the other hand is master of the slow play.  He can have the best hand in the world and will continue to call and make you make a mistake before he shows you what he has.  Which is why Mia and Tupi were always out matched.  

I was only mildly surprised J actually killed Mia instead of using her for Pope work but then she would turn on him on a dime so only mildly surprised.

I am curious if Deran and Adrian are going to do something straight up evil to keep Adrian alive.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Laurie4H said:

Wow that was crazy.  

This show is great even as unrealistic as it can be like Deran stealing a ambulance in the middle of the day.  There would probably be cameras somewhere. 

I was thinking that the crew left the vehicle running and Deran didn't even have to pull his Cody skill to defeat the chip. I guess the ambulance system is like in LA County with private companies some supplementing cities government Fire Department ambulances. But still you would expect the police to be tracking that rig long before Craig and Deran could start covering their tracks.

10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

That's how Tupi is dealt with? I'm happy he is gone but it's not satisfying. Should have been at the hands of J not Uncle Pete.  

See ya Mia! That wasted/useless storyline of those two was wrapped up pretty quick. I still don't buy Mia/Tupi putting it all together and knew where to hit the ambulance. 

Why would Pete have murders go on in his garage? I can see Tupi being killed but isn't Mia his niece? 

I thought Tupi was the relative, recently released from prison and given back Mia young gang member who had become a hired gun while he was in jail. That Pete just killed his little cousin, for Smurf, or just for the reputation of the family hired muscle business was the shocker. 

Mia has been all over the place these two seasons but the pair becoming criminal, not just killer masterminds, or just watching Robert Di Nero in Heat doesn't explain their having the truck driving skill to pull of the heist. 

I can appreciate Sohvi Rodriguez's  oh shit look when Mia's proposal didn't work and J gave his Pope eyes. I wonder why for that scene they pulled away for the muzzle flash when before during murders done by Pope, Deran, Smurf, Mia, Pete and J they stayed on the killer just to show how cold they were.

Edited by Raja
I almost forgot Deran is a murderer too.
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Aw man, Deran is straight up lying to Adrian now. He is pretty much done with him

What did Deran say that was lying to Adrian?  Deran asking Adrian if the cop has kids. Would he consider of kidnapping the kid? I don't see the logic in that...this Adrian/Deran problem is a real mess...nothing good coming out of it.

Who was that guy in the garage that J was setting up for future jobs? I must have missed a show or something...could someone enlighten me?

Great doubleheader...Mia and Tupi...now if they could only get rid of the flashbacks.

How convient about that pickup truck appearing. LOL

Well, lets see...the Codys are becoming killers...I think Craig is  still a 'virgin' in that group as far as not killing anyone.

Edited by Novel8
  • Love 1

I thought it was interesting that when young Smurf walked up on those kids playing, they all looked at her and three (?) of them had sense enough to run away.  Even as kids, they seemed to sense that she was bad news.  Too bad that one kid left standing there didn't have sense enough to run too.  

Pam was a true gangsta because I was surprised that she was so cool when she walked in and Smurf was sitting there, and then she even tried to have a conversation with Smurf about child rearing.  It was an interesting "game recognizes game" conversation.

'Bye Mia.  And Tupi.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

What did Deran say that was lying to Adrian?

He told Adrian he doesn't kill people.

I was thinking that the crew left the vehicle running and Deran didn't even have to pull his Cody skill to defeat the chip.

Yeah, that's what it looked like to me. I think the EMTs left the ambulance running. Seems to me if that's a common practice they'd did stolen a lot. But OTOH, it takes a lot of nerve (or insanity or crack addiction) to steal a vehicle that's probably tracked by the police. (Oh, on reddit someone said the Codys pulled out the GPS. I guess I missed that part if it happened.)

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Laurie4H said:

Wow that was crazy.  

They seem to have planned it, so  I'd imagine they cased the building and area for cameras beforehand.

10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Are ambulances generally left running like that? If so you'd think they'd get stolen a lot. And you'd think there'd be an immediate APB or whatever on a stolen ambulance. Don't they have some controlled substances in them?

2 hours ago, Raja said:

I was thinking that the crew left the vehicle running and Deran didn't even have to pull his Cody skill to defeat the chip. I guess the ambulance system is like in LA County with private companies some supplementing cities government Fire Department ambulances. But still you would expect the police to be tracking that rig long before Craig and Deran could start covering their tracks.

Oceanside uses their own ambulances, and yes, they are left running and occasionally do get stolen.  They don't usually have trackers, nor do they carry much (if any) of the good stuff.*  Those drugs are often carried in the EMT's go bag, in very small quantities.

* to the best of my knowledge ...

Unless the cops were in immediate hot pursuit, it would be easy to steal and quickly conceal an ambulance before the heist.  The private security at the concert venue wouldn't necessarily be on the lookout for a stolen ambulance.                                                                                                                                                                                                 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I would think it would behoove any city that had even one ambulance get stolen to invest in Automatic Vehicle Locators.  That way their command center would know the vehicle is moving even before the EMTs call in the theft, which actually would be in a matter of minutes, assuming they figure out that the call was bogus.

• Useful 1

Why must we endure these tedious flashbacks when Smurf isn't even present in the main story? I mean, who exactly is having these flashbacks anyway? She's not even there and they are still showing these dumb flashbacks. Who exactly is flashing back to them?

So I guess I'm not the only horrible person who was yelling "Do it, J!" the whole time he was talking to Mia. Good riddance to bad rubbish, to both her and Tupi. No more Mia, yay! That said . . . yikes. J has really turned to the dark side. He has now killed 2 people - that's one more than Deran. And to think, Craig has never killed anyone that we know of. Who would have thought Craig would turn out to be the "good one?"

I do find it kind of absurd he has now told two of Smurf's contacts they'll be dealing with him now. I would expect someone as seasoned as Pete to be all like "Whatever, little boy." 

I wonder what ramifications there will be, if any, to J knowing Mia killed Baz. Although all he really has is her word for it unless Pete is willing to confirm. And I guess nobody cares about Lucy, who she also killed.

I thought Tupi was the relative, recently released from prison and given back Mia young gang member who had become a hired gun while he was in jail. 

Pete was Mia's uncle. I didn't realize that at first but I went back and confirmed it somewhere. I don't know if Tupi was any relation to Pete.

I was surprised they didn't use Pope as the ambo driver.  He has a much more ordinary appearance than Deran, and less likely to attract attention.  A bearded, long haired guy driving an ambo would remain in people's memory when investigations started.

I thought that too. Generally EMTs are much more clean cut than Deran. But if it's a private contractor they might have lower standards. The EMTs that work out of fire stations have strict dress and hair codes. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Pete was Mia's uncle. I didn't realize that at first but I went back and confirmed it somewhere. I don't know if Tupi was any relation to Pete.

Well let's not hope Tupi was related to Uncle Pete - because Mia and Tupi were having sex and that's just eeeeeewwwwwww. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

Well let's not hope Tupi was related to Uncle Pete - because Mia and Tupi were having sex and that's just eeeeeewwwwwww. 

I remember back when Smurf got Pope a welcome home prostitute because of the sex scene there was speculation that the twins were J's biological parents 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Raja said:

I can appreciate Sohvi Rodriguez's  oh shit look when Mia's proposal didn't work and J gave his Pope eyes. I wonder why for that scene they pulled away for the muzzle flash when before during murders done by Pope, Deran, Smurf, Mia, Pete and J they stayed on the killer just to show how cold they were.

For me, at least, the way that scene was filmed made it more powerful. J initially looked like he didn't really want to shoot Mia. He might have even been entertaining the thought of her being his muscle. But then she brought up Baz, and even though his face didn't change, clearly his heart changed. When the camera panned away, I still wasn't sure if he was going to shoot her, or if we were going to see Mia walk out of there alive. Then, BAM! Took my breath away for a second. 

I guess I was hoping for a silly, romantic moment where Mia said she actually did have feelings for J, or vice-versa. Because that's what I always thought, although Mia has always been 100% about Mia. Even though she used J, or tried to, I thought she actually liked him.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

32 minutes ago, Raja said:

I remember back when Smurf got Pope a welcome home prostitute because of the sex scene there was speculation that the twins were J's biological parents 

That makes me dislike Pete. He couldn't shoot Mia himself, but I guess because he knows how thug life works and the criminal code and all that, he had no problem giving someone else the gun so they could kill her. 

I remember those discussions about Pope and Julia, and I'm glad they were disproven. But the twins probably did have a strange, somewhat inappropriate relationship much like Smurf does with her sons and J. 

• Love 2

I am guessing Smurf’s big road trip is for someone in the flashback.  Something huge happens that changes her from a wanderer to someone who uses her kids as muscle.  My guess is that the flashback is going to show it next week.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

For me, at least, the way that scene was filmed made it more powerful. J initially looked like he didn't really want to shoot Mia. He might have even been entertaining the thought of her being his muscle. But then she brought up Baz, and even though his face didn't change, clearly his heart changed. When the camera panned away, I still wasn't sure if he was going to shoot her, or if we were going to see Mia walk out of there alive. Then, BAM! Took my breath away for a second. 

Mine too. Mainly because I really didn't know whether or not J would pull the trigger until that moment. And even then, wasn't sure he'd really done it until he and Pete went back inside and we saw two pairs of feet. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

I am guessing Smurf’s big road trip is for someone in the flashback.  Something huge happens that changes her from a wanderer to someone who uses her kids as muscle.  My guess is that the flashback is going to show it next week.

I sure hope so.

• Love 1

The next thing to hype up the drama is now that J knows that Smurf paid to have Baz killed, will he want to take revenge on Smurf.   Even on the off chance that Baz WAS his father, is it worth it to him to kill her or will he recognize that Baz had stolen from Smurf and that is not something she'll let you walk away from.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, topanga said:

Everything from the accident onward was intense. 

Damn, J. I didn’t think he would shoot Mia. Maybe her confession about Baz hurt him more then he let on. 

I know. I know it’s just a superstition, but it’s a tradition they’ve come to depend on  emotionally. 

Smurf insinuated Baz was his father after seeing the carving on the head board of bed that said “B +J”... then in one episode came out and told him /said it in a way it was obvious.

key...Mia ....we’re alike....

J...we’re nothing alike...

she admits she doesn’t mind blood and brain/skull matter....

Jay clearly does mind...hence the shaken up emotions after both Mia and Morgon attorney kills.

like he said

theyr the only family (all) that I’ve got.

as far as Mia being Pete’s niece...in that world... most elders are Tias or Tios (aunts uncles cuzins)etc.

Saw on thread J is most like Smurf....that’s mainly because he’s smart and knows he’s heavily depended on by the boys...

NO WAY they could carry on ...with all the “idiosyncratic” behavior of Pope... the “lackadaisical” Craig...or the “on the edge of trying to break free to live his life” Deran....

J is trying (and has biz smarts/knowledge) to carry on the operations knowing these brothers are doomed otherwise...

thanks to Smurf’s ways of raising them....

scares me Pope being pulled in by ol girlfriend....no doubt she shortened her (using a gun) sentence to set the Cody’s up...

I may read too much into some scenes...so 

again IMHO 🤨

• Love 2
20 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Angela actually found a VCR in the house? That's the most shocking event that happened this episode.

The robbery was ridiculous, as no one was watching these EMTs steal equipment. I was hoping a real medical emergency would happen and they would have to be called in.

Pete’s “Garage” is as much a “clubhouse” (like HAs...Hell’s Angels)... or any organization...

sure..they fix cars...it’s all a front 

ITA...the absence of the pie was sad...

in fact...if what’s her name Pope GF...keeps saying...

”we were Ssoooo close...I was here....I know want you guys do...”

the WTF? She should have known about the pies and baked one 🤣

• Love 1
(edited)

Did the boys leave enough evidence behind to lead to their arrests? 

The blood, finger prints from Craig in the ambulance (I don't think the liquid poured covered all of it) and Deran can be identified by the front gate security guard. From the crashed ambulance site, the police can trace the traffic cameras to the arena, look at the security footage, and put it all together with the thefts.

And Meredith should figure it out by giving J all the info and access to the passes in her home.

6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't know if Tupi was any relation to Pete.

He called him "cuz" before he got popped. But that would make him and Mia..........(maybe Mia is from Pete's mother's side and Tupi from the father's).

If Tupi didn't open his big mouth in the ambulance, he and Mia would have been fine with the loot! It was nice of him to pack it all in his truck and bring it to Pete's garage so J wouldn't have to travel far.

That was a hard "thud" by Mia. Didn't know she carried that much weight! Must have rocks in her head.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I have been watching this season because I saw that Emily Deschanel was going to be on, but they are hardly doing anything with her. Instead of the endless flashbacks, they could have given that screentime to her. Why did they bother adding her to the show if they were just going to waste her talent? Ugh.

At this point I'm finding her casting completely distracting. I can forgive that imprisoned drug addicts don't have her good skin & hair & bone structure and the show thinks throwing her in flannel makes Deschanel look "street", but give her something to do. And given that the actress just came off a 10+ year series AND won a boatload of money from Fox, it's not like she needs to take bit parts. 

Advanced issues found

9 hours ago, Novel8 said:

Well, lets see...the Codys are becoming killers...I think Craig is  still a 'virgin' in that group as far as not killing anyone.

Does leaving Renn to die back in S1 count? Like in horseshoes? Poor Craig - success always eludes him!

9 minutes ago, patty1h said:

The next thing to hype up the drama is now that J knows that Smurf paid to have Baz killed, will he want to take revenge on Smurf.   Even on the off chance that Baz WAS his father, is it worth it to him to kill her or will he recognize that Baz had stolen from Smurf and that is not something she'll let you walk away from.

I'm kind of torn (and confused) as to the happenings last episode. I didn't really understand why J was acting so shaken after the murder, based on how he turned LSG into shark bait. I did wonder if they were trying to convey that J was actually shaken by the news that Smurf did Baz in.

Also, I am dumb bc I totally thought Smurf put Mia & Tupi up for the robbery. How the hell would those two pull off figuring out the robbery? They are not exactly discreet.

14 minutes ago, Shellbell59 said:

Pete’s “Garage” is as much a “clubhouse” (like HAs...Hell’s Angels)... or any organization...

sure..they fix cars...it’s all a front 

ITA...the absence of the pie was sad...

in fact...if what’s her name Pope GF...keeps saying...

”we were Ssoooo close...I was here....I know want you guys do...”

the WTF? She should have known about the pies and baked one 🤣

She can steal a pie from the diner where she works. She lives rent free....contribute!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/16/2019 at 7:48 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Mia didn't think J had it in him to do the real dirty work so she played her last card and offered to be his Pope.  The one he calls on when a murder needs to be done.   She also brought up the fact that Smurf is hella shady and that J can't trust her or any of the boys who will ultimately take up with her over him.  I am actually thinking that J is telling all of Smurf's people that she is dying so he can get his in and show that maybe loyalty to him is a better option so when he goes up against Smurf he at least has a play.  

Melanoma is a quick cancer 

...half life is short...abnormal cells accumulate very quickly (unlike Basal Cell Carcinoma skin cancer...slow growing)

my mom went in for back surgery and they noticed odd dark mole on arch of bottom of her foot.

EVERYTHING was called off and mole sent to pathology....forget back surgery....they removed half of her foot...

melanoma one of the worst...not THE worst like pancreatic cancer amongst a few others...but 

Doc told Smurf it had spread...no coming back from that.....

everybody have your skin/moles checked!!!! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

At this point I'm finding her casting completely distracting. I can forgive that imprisoned drug addicts don't have her good skin & hair & bone structure and the show thinks throwing her in flannel makes Deschanel look "street", but give her something to do. And given that the actress just came off a 10+ year series AND won a boatload of money from Fox, it's not like she needs to take bit parts. 

She might have more to do if they weren't wasting half this season on these pointless and tedious flashbacks. 

Does leaving Renn to die back in S1 count? Like in horseshoes?

I think Craig thought she was already dead. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

She might have more to do if they weren't wasting half this season on these pointless and tedious flashbacks. 

^^^I wish I could like this 1000 times.^^^

The DVR is my best friend this season. I fast forward through the flashbacks in their entirety and hope that if something incredibly important or fascinating came up, I'd read about it here. 

And I really do like the present day storylines of this season and found this week's episode riveting. 

The only thing remotely interesting to me is (and I think some of you pointed this out early on) is that the actress who plays Lil' Smurf is actor Vincent D'Onfrio's daughter. He's a fav of mine. But that in no way  makes me watch the flashbacks. Nope. Not at all. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, hookedontv said:

The only thing remotely interesting to me is (and I think some of you pointed this out early on) is that the actress who plays Lil' Smurf is actor Vincent D'Onfrio's daughter. He's a fav of mine. But that in no way  makes me watch the flashbacks. Nope. Not at all. 

Greta Scacchi! THAT'S who she looks like!

I'm way too excited about this revelation. I need to rebuild my imdb skillz.

• Love 3

Well that was intense. Mia should never have told Jay about Baz. Jay may not have cared much about Baz as a person but I think a small part of him still wanted his Dad to like him. That's the thing about Jay he hates Smurf for what she did to Julia but I think he has softened a lot towards his uncles. Pope has kept a few secrets for Jay now including what Tupi said, I think Pope would lay down his life for Jay as Julia's son. I do wonder if Pope cares much about Jay as a person though. Funnily enough I think its something of the opposite for Deran and Craig, when Jay arrived they didn't care that Jay was related to them but they have come to accept him as family based on his own merits. 

I think Jay initially wanted to take down his uncles along with Smurf but realised a) they're useful and b) they are as much Smurf's victims as Julia was. I also think he likes them and likes being a part of their unit. I also wonder if he thinks somewhat naively that without Smurf things would be much more functional.  

I've seen speculation that Smurf is going to find Colin but I wonder if its Jake. I think Jake makes more sense for Craig's story. Also I wouldn't be surprised Jake had a relationship with Pope, he doesn't seem like the type to be indifferent to a kid he spent about 5 or six years with. I'm not sure what Colin would bring to the table we haven't already seen in the flashbacks. Plus guys like Colin don't tend to live until a ripe old age anyway. 

I wonder if we might see a custody battle or at least the threat of one between Craig and Renn. The way shes acting I wouldn't blame him if he got a court order for a DNA test. As far along as Renn is social services is going to get involved if she doesn't at least offer up a fixed address and soon. Her lack of any kind of plan would be a major red flag to anyone official who asks. I wonder if that isn't how the situation gets resolved Renn gets arrested or just ends up dumping the kid on Craig.

• Love 1

Well that was intense. Mia should never have told Jay about Baz. Jay may not have cared much about Baz as a person but I think a small part of him still wanted his Dad to like him.

I can't decide if Mia's revelation about Baz was a last ditch effort to swing J over to her side, or if it was just something she spat out to hurt him once she realized he was going to kill her and she wasn't going to talk her way out of it. Maybe a little of both.

I've seen speculation that Smurf is going to find Colin but I wonder if its Jake.

I don't think it's either. I mean I suppose it's possible, but what on earth is she doing with that gigantic arsenal of illegal weapons (they all had their serial numbers filed off)? Surely she's not planning to use them as currency since she has ready access to actual cash. The only thing I can think of is that she plans on planting them on someone. The last thing we heard her say is that she would be back in a few days, after demanding Andre cough up the name of whoever's been talking to the cops. Clearly she expects to return home, and we know she has it out for Detective Pierce.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

I wonder if we might see a custody battle or at least the threat of one between Craig and Renn.

Look on the bright side ( from the Cody eyes, anyway).  Craig and Renn come to a child support agreement. He launders money through her and she feeds it back to him on the sly.

• LOL 1
16 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

I wonder if we might see a custody battle or at least the threat of one between Craig and Renn. The way shes acting I wouldn't blame him if he got a court order for a DNA test. As far along as Renn is social services is going to get involved if she doesn't at least offer up a fixed address and soon. Her lack of any kind of plan would be a major red flag to anyone official who asks. I wonder if that isn't how the situation gets resolved Renn gets arrested or just ends up dumping the kid on Craig.

IMO, they'd both be idiots to open themselves up to that, with the kind of lives they lead.  Baby Colgate would be snatched by DCFS in a heartbeat!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2