Type keyword(s) to search

Phaedra Parks: Undertaker, Esq.

• Start Topic

How I feel about Phaedra Parks Nida this season

She is having real issues that are real serious and how she is handling it boggles the mind.  Her whole world is crumbling and right now she is trying to make it easy on her kids.

viable storyline - husband going to jail, mental and threatened physical abuse, fear for her family

I enjoy reading your perspective, and these mini analysis you posted Aging Goth.

She is a complete and total fake and I'm waiting for the day she's exposed. I think she knew exactly what was going in because she was a participant in Apollo's crimes and I'm personally disgusted by her mocking God and she and her mother trying to smear Apollo by painting him as some dangerous person but she slandered and abused a cast member for years over his sorry butt. This woman is truly the evil person on reality tv. She's not playing an evil character, she's evil for real.

• Love 5
She's playing the wronged wife role and its working, for some. But not me. I see right through her. Yes, we know Pollo can be violent but I don't believe Phaedra at all. If she was that scared, she would have reported him and have him turned in early. That kind of threat is called a terroristic threat by the law and he could have gotten in more serious trouble than he was in. I also have no sympathy for her because when Apollo was beating up people at the pillow party, she thought it was cute and she also sat there beside him acting like the devoted wife while he berated and verbally harassed another woman at the reunion.

This is why I see a lot of women who are battered or killed because people only see their persona and just assume the woman can handle it.  It is not so much what she is saying that makes me believe her but what she is NOT saying and how she reacts to him.  Much like she is trying very hard to keep her composure but you can see the cracks.  I have seen this way to often in my work and seen quite a few women suffer because no on really believed she was being abused. 

Most of these women are devoted and also like Phaedra afraid of what others will think if she admitted to verbal or mental abuse.  As for the Pillow party, she did try to stop him and he pushed her away, knocking her to the floor.  The way she handled it was the first time I suspected abuse in their marriage.  She was walking on eggs trying to calm him down and it wasn't working.  What was telling is that she didn't seem surprised he was set off like that.

• Love 6

This is why I see a lot of women who are battered or killed because people only see their persona and just assume the woman can handle it.  It is not so much what she is saying that makes me believe her but what she is NOT saying and how she reacts to him.  Much like she is trying very hard to keep her composure but you can see the cracks.  I have seen this way to often in my work and seen quite a few women suffer because no on really believed she was being abused. 

Most of these women are devoted and also like Phaedra afraid of what others will think if she admitted to verbal or mental abuse.  As for the Pillow party, she did try to stop him and he pushed her away, knocking her to the floor.  The way she handled it was the first time I suspected abuse in their marriage.  She was walking on eggs trying to calm him down and it wasn't working.  What was telling is that she didn't seem surprised he was set off like that.

Are victims of domestic violence saints themselves? No. Is there a cultural propensity to believe that they must be? Across some demographics, yes.

However, behavioral patterns constitute "persona," so, from my perspective, Phaedra's documented actions are as valid an indicator of her veracity as what she is NOT saying. Although one of those taxonomies involves verifiable words and incidents that occurred on film and the other revolves around ellipses, I do agree that interpretation is ultimately part of either.

However, my memories of the hotel brawl and Phaedra's response during and after it are very different.

I don't recall him "knocking her to the floor" at all. I do remember her pulling on his garments while Kenya struggled more aggressively to pull him off of Brandon, at which point he turns, sort of stumbles, and shoves/falls into both women with his forearm. At that point, a production member literally bear-hugged Kenya for some reason as the fight dispersed.

And in the immediate aftermath, I don't recall her doing anything close to walking on eggshells. She shouted "stop!" very forcefully repeatedly and, then, once the first pile-on had been broken up, very robustly - and very correctly - started telling him in no uncertain terms how he should be conducting himself. "You are a grown man! You are not going to act like this!" Then proceeds to direct him, "let's go."

The other thing that stands out to me is her declaring at the meet-up between all of the women about Brandon "People wrote checks with their mouths that their butts couldn't cash" and championing the fiction that he had hit Apollo. I also remember her declaring (can't recall if it was in a talking head or at the table with all of her cast mates) that Kenya was the one to blame for all of the fighting and savagery because, I guess, a woman standing up is somehow analogous to breaking someone's ribs.

I also don't get how Phaedra is "afraid of what others will think if she admitted to verbal or mental abuse" when, well, she's filming nationally televised scenes in which she tacitly agrees with her mother's proposition that Apollo is going to murder her and his children.

Apollo deserves no sympathy. He's a criminal who knew firsthand the repercussions that his actions would create for his sons, himself, and his spouse. He appears to possess very little personal accountability. He revels in violence. And the justice system is quite rightly sending him back to prison for at least some of his offenses.

But I don't see any evidence, even in what she's ostensibly not doing, that Phaedra is or has ever harbored any fear of him. She threatened to stab him with a knife on camera. If we're being equitable, does that suggest she's been abusing him? She has upbraided and criticized him without compunction when it has been appropriate to do so.

She has defended his assaults of others when it was politically convenient for her to do so, and now she's trying to position herself as sympathetically as possible within the same narrative frame work.

I wouldn't be surprised if Apollo did try to put a sentence together about how he built that house with his own hands and it should burn down if he's not going to be in it or something of a similar nature. That would be pretty consistent with his perceptions of himself as a somehow aggrieved victim of circumstance.

But it is beyond irresponsible, in my view, to be committing to national tv the contention that he planned to kill his own children since, evidently, he's safe enough to warrant visitation, film scenes with them, etc.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 13

I watched the Pillow Fight in slow motion several times on my DVR. Apollo did not push Phaedra to the floor. It was kind of amazing that in his bull rush on Brandon, he was quite controlled in pushing or placing Phaedra away from him. It's true that Phaedra has no problem stinging Apollo verbally. She is no Cynthia. But however brash Phaedra might be, it doesn't preclude Apollo from punching walls and making threats, especially with the hell hole he has dug for himself. Likewise I don't understand why Phaedra having a strong personality means she can't be fearful of someone threatening her and fully capable of doing it.

I don't know whether she's truthful or not, but there's nothing unlikely about it (the threats).

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 3

Every time someone asked Phaedra questions about the mess with Apollo, she refused to answer, maybe uttered an idiom or two, and changed the subject. They even showed an exact scene of this, with Kandi trying to talk to her one-on-one, and Phaedra said nothing. When you do that enough with a friend, they get the message. Now all of a sudden Phaedra needs "support," and criticizes Kandi for not being there? You can't have it both ways. It's such a contrived storyline.

Maybe that's just on camera.

• Love 2

Maybe that's just on camera.

So do you think Phaedra is more forthcoming in private? Because I don't. And it's not just about Apollo. Since her very first episode, Phaedra's been tight-lipped about things that don't fit her southern belle, lawyer, wife and mother narrative. I think it's who she is, not just the character she plays.

• Love 7

So do you think Phaedra is more forthcoming in private? Because I don't. And it's not just about Apollo. Since her very first episode, Phaedra's been tight-lipped about things that don't fit her southern belle, lawyer, wife and mother narrative. I think it's who she is, not just the character she plays.

Actually, I don't know what Phaedra is like in private (nor do I really think about it). I was just responding with why I thought she was acting that way on camera. *shrug*

• Love 5

Phaedra can spare me her pearl clutching now; she knew what Apollo was when she married him.  

I'm not sure what people expect Phaedra to do.  Over the past few years, Apollo has repeatedly disrespected her, flirted openly with another woman on camera for the world to see (which means he was probably cheating on her), and gave her a pinata filled with condoms on her birthday after saying that everybody cheats.  Most recently, he embarrassed her professionally and personally by getting caught committing more crimes and getting sent to prison for 8 years.  He also was menacing/abusive to her, threatened to destroy her home and threatened to kill her.  Phaedra getting with Apollo in the first place was piss poor judgment, but just because he had committed crimes in the past doesn't mean she should have expected that he would do so again and that she should have expected the terrible way he treated her.  She was an accomplished woman who was in essence giving Apollo a second chance in life and giving him a lavish lifestyle.  She probably thought he wouldn't be tempted to go back to his ways due to the way they lived.  Phaedra isn't responsible or accountable for Apollo's actions as a grown man.

• Love 9

Phaedra knew the guy; she knew him before he went to jail and she took up with him after he was released. She was there when the cell clanged open.

He never said a word about regretting prior actions. Nor did she; she down-played his crime as "white-collar" and fudged his amount of jail time. "In the past." If you read that deposition, she refuses to answer any questions about him.

She knew that he came from a fatherless interracial household (in the projects) and that his mother had had a drug problem. What kind of parent did she really expect him to be?

Nothing that has occurred should really surprise her. Frankly, she doesn't seem surprised, only relieved.

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm really not trying to defend Phaedra 100%, I do think she tries to project a certain phony image of the southern belle, however, I do believe she tried with Apollo in the beginning and maybe even thought she could change him.  She offered him a position in the funeral home business, he said no. She also tried to start him up in the fitness video bizz. He's just a lazy asshole that wants the easy (and illegal) way to have the good life instead of taking some of the opportunities his wife was willing to offer him.  She made a big mistake getting involved with him, one that is going to affect her kids for the rest of their lives. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 8
(edited)

I'm really not trying to defend Phaedra 100%, I do think she tries to project a certain phony image of the southern belle, however, I do believe she tried with Apollo in the beginning and maybe even thought she could change him. She offered him a position in the funeral home business, he said no. She also tried to start him up in the fitness video bizz. He's just a lazy asshole that wants the easy (and illegal) way to have the good life instead of taking some of the opportunities his wife was willing to offer him. She made a big mistake getting involved with him, one that is going to affect her kids for the rest of their lives.

It's not necessary to "defend" her; I think observations are only observations. Many commented at the time that the match was doomed to fail. Phaedra's actions made perfect sense for Phaedra at the time and there was genuine sexual attraction. But marriage is made of more. Anyone who says, "she thought she could channel him into the pursuits that interested her" absolutely agrees with me that she did not think this out.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 2

Phaedra isn't an abused woman. He didn't knock her to the floor at the party, he shoved her which wasn't good but he did not knock her to the floor and she is not afraid of him. We all heard her curse him out in the car when she forgot they were still miked. She has the power in the relationship. If anything, she is the dominant party because she has the money and the good name and he knows it. She also said that Brandon got what he deserved. She has vindicated Apollo's violence on more than once occasion. I don't buy her bull. Maybe others do but I don't. She's a calculating, manipulative woman getting her own karma back. The only thing she fears about Apollo is the dirt he could tell on her.

She is a perfect candidate for The Discovery ID Channel's  "Who the (*^&*  Did I  Marry?"

She wouldn't be a good candidate because that show mostly profiles people who appeared to be normal at first. She knew who she was marrying, she didn't have to ask. And she had no problem with his violence or his shadiness until he turned his laser on her. Now all of a sudden, he's violent, he lies about people and make up texts. Sure.

• Love 6

Abuse isn't just hitting someone. It is intimidation, controlling, yelling, threatening, all of which she endured. Yes, she knew he was a felon but like so many women, she actually thought she could change him. Instead, he only resisted and resented her efforts. It is not fair to say someone is not suffering abuse just because they have not been hit. I have dealt with numerous "phaedras" who were sussesful women who unwittingly put themselves in a bad situation by choosing to love and marry the wrong kind of man. Sometimes they get out of it like she did and sometimes they are killed just because no one saw any bruises and didn't believe they were abused.

• Love 4

Phaedra isn't an abused woman. He didn't knock her to the floor at the party, he shoved her which wasn't good but he did not knock her to the floor and she is not afraid of him. We all heard her curse him out in the car when she forgot they were still miked. She has the power in the relationship. If anything, she is the dominant party because she has the money and the good name and he knows it. She also said that Brandon got what he deserved. She has vindicated Apollo's violence on more than once occasion. I don't buy her bull. Maybe others do but I don't. She's a calculating, manipulative woman getting her own karma back. The only thing she fears about Apollo is the dirt he could tell on her.

She wouldn't be a good candidate because that show mostly profiles people who appeared to be normal at first. She knew who she was marrying, she didn't have to ask. And she had no problem with his violence or his shadiness until he turned his laser on her. Now all of a sudden, he's violent, he lies about people and make up texts. Sure.

I agree that Phaedra had the power in the relationship and a sharp tongue but how does that take away Apollo's ability to abuse? For all her "power" she wasn't able to make him fly straight, stop him from disrespecting her, throwing money away every week at strip clubs or even chatting with Kenya when she asked him not to. Apollo said he would do whatever he wanted to, and that is what pretty much played out. So I don't understand the theory that this grown ass rebellious man is incapable of abuse just because Phaedra was ruling the roost.

• Love 3

Abuse isn't just hitting someone. It is intimidation, controlling, yelling, threatening, all of which she endured. Yes, she knew he was a felon but like so many women, she actually thought she could change him. Instead, he only resisted and resented her efforts. It is not fair to say someone is not suffering abuse just because they have not been hit. I have dealt with numerous "phaedras" who were sussesful women who unwittingly put themselves in a bad situation by choosing to love and marry the wrong kind of man. Sometimes they get out of it like she did and sometimes they are killed just because no one saw any bruises and didn't believe they were abused.

To believe that would be to buy her bull. And I don't think she was trying to change him, I don't see her as some wronged woman. In fact, I see her as being complicit in his crimes but smart enough not to get caught. Again, I don't see an abused woman. In fact, I see her as an abuser. She is definitely an abuser of other women and I also suspect manipulative and cunning.

I agree that Phaedra had the power in the relationship and a sharp tongue but how does that take away Apollo's ability to abuse? For all her "power" she wasn't able to make him fly straight, stop him from disrespecting her, throwing money away every week at strip clubs or even chatting with Kenya when she asked him not to. Apollo said he would do whatever he wanted to, and that is what pretty much played out. So I don't understand the theory that this grown ass rebellious man is incapable of abuse just because Phaedra was ruling the roost.

No one ever said he wasn't capable of abuse. In fact, I referenced his violence in one of my earlier posts. His violence that Phaedra upheld when it was turned on other people. I just don't think he abused her.

I think if anybody wants to understand the real Phaedra Parks, they should read her Angela Stanton deposition. Its very telling at how duplicitous and untruthful she is. It certainly took me off her train forever. Its mind-boggling. She garners no respect for that deposition. She lies about obvious things which makes you question her mental state. And that's when she even deigns to answer a question.

• Love 7

All these double standards with these women are just mind boggling. Nene openly flirted with Peter way more than Kenya did with Apollo and no one ever accused her of trying to have an affair with him. Perhaps because Kenya is way more attractive. Sorry but the only reason Phadrea ever believed Apollo is due to her own insecurities. I think Phadrea knew Kenya was Apollo's type. Phadrea can't then be mad that the same finger she was blantly pointing at someone else is now pointed at her. She should have been a "Christian" and apologized to Kenya. I have no sympathy for Phadrea this is the life she chose and now she's dealing with the consequences of her "clean" man.

Between Kenya and Phaedra and *whore* eligibility I'd agree with you.  But not between Nene and Kenya's degree of flirtations.  Nene didn't touch all over Peter, she didn't maintain communication with him then make it sound like Peter was pursuing her to annoy his wife.  And despite being the only woman in this crew to have been a professional exotic dancer, she never once bent over and twerked her cheeks on some other dude or even her own husband in public.  I'm gonna stop talking, there was a poolside exchange in front of everybody that properly demonstrates what I'm trying to say.  The perception is that Apollo *started* with Kenya but if you have a chance to watch that scene again, you'll notice that she initiates physical contact with him by trying to shoulder shove him into the pool.  His idiocy overall was exacerbated by his being too flattered to dissuade her behavior.   The most important distinction, I think, is that at point where Cynthia became irritated enough to mention it, even facetiously, Nene knocked it off.   Nonetheless, Nene and Peter were flirtatious.  Kenya and Apollo, because neither has any boundaries, were inappropriate and disrespectful.  Not an endorsement for any of these people, I said all that to say in terms of degree of behavior between a Nene flirt and a Kenya flirt, there's a huge difference that has nothing to do with what either woman looks like.  Mileage, though.

• Love 10

Between Kenya and Phaedra and *whore* eligibility I'd agree with you. But not between Nene and Kenya's degree of flirtations. Nene didn't touch all over Peter, she didn't maintain communication with him then make it sound like Peter was pursuing her to annoy his wife. And despite being the only woman in this crew to have been a professional exotic dancer, she never once bent over and twerked her cheeks on some other dude or even her own husband in public. I'm gonna stop talking, there was a poolside exchange in front of everybody that properly demonstrates what I'm trying to say. The perception is that Apollo *started* with Kenya but if you have a chance to watch that scene again, you'll notice that she initiates physical contact with him by trying to shoulder shove him into the pool. His idiocy overall was exacerbated by his being too flattered to dissuade her behavior. The most important distinction, I think, is that at point where Cynthia became irritated enough to mention it, even facetiously, Nene knocked it off. Nonetheless, Nene and Peter were flirtatious. Kenya and Apollo, because neither has any boundaries, were inappropriate and disrespectful. Not an endorsement for any of these people, I said all that to say in terms of degree of behavior between a Nene flirt and a Kenya flirt, there's a huge difference that has nothing to do with what either woman looks like. Mileage, though.

I don't think any of them were right, but a lot has been taken out of context. The trip when all that happened Phadrea and Kenya were on good terms and she laughed. You can't then use the behavior you saw in a joking matter at the time to then condemn the same person. As far as the text Apollo initiated it and she did show the text to Kandi. If Apollo wouldn't have been an ass trying to imply Kenya was trying to get with him it wouldn't have been brought up. I guess my point is Phadrea can not expect for people to automatically think she's innocent because Apollo said she's cheating when she condemned Kenya for what Apollo said.

I don't think any of them were right, but a lot has been taken out of context. The trip when all that happened Phadrea and Kenya were on good terms and she laughed. You can't then use the behavior you saw in a joking matter at the time to then condemn the same person. As far as the text Apollo initiated it and she did show the text to Kandi. If Apollo wouldn't have been an ass trying to imply Kenya was trying to get with him it wouldn't have been brought up. I guess my point is Phadrea can not expect for people to automatically think she's innocent because Apollo said she's cheating when she condemned Kenya for what Apollo said.

No one saw that as funny or joking.  As a matter of fact, Greg and Peter proceded to clue Apollo in that it was beyond disrespectful to interact with Kenya because his wife was getting steadily angrier about what she was seeing.  Phaedra definitely didn't find it funny and never laughed with Kenya about her behavior nor her comments about a threesome.  Actually, Phaedra was about to go in on Kenya when Kenya made the suggestion.  Also Kenya's flirting with Peter and even the married assistant was frowned upon by the other women on the trip.  The only one unconcerned was Walter who himself mentioned Kenya appeared off her medication when she threw a hissyfit because she didn't get a bigger room on a trip she wasn't invited to.

• Love 2

No one saw that as funny or joking. As a matter of fact, Greg and Peter proceded to clue Apollo in that it was beyond disrespectful to interact with Kenya because his wife was getting steadily angrier about what she was seeing. Phaedra definitely didn't find it funny and never laughed with Kenya about her behavior nor her comments about a threesome. Actually, Phaedra was about to go in on Kenya when Kenya made the suggestion. Also Kenya's flirting with Peter and even the married assistant was frowned upon by the other women on the trip. The only one unconcerned was Walter who himself mentioned Kenya appeared off her medication when she threw a hissyfit because she didn't get a bigger room on a trip she wasn't invited to.

I don't quite remember it happening that way, but it was so long ago. I do remember the guys talking to Apollo and Nene saying something about it, but I am pretty positive Phadrea and Kenya were still on good terms at that point.

I don't quite remember it happening that way, but it was so long ago. I do remember the guys talking to Apollo and Nene saying something about it, but I am pretty positive Phadrea and Kenya were still on good terms at that point.

They were not actually on good terms even when Kenya ran off crying because Walter wouldn't propose to her.  However, Phaedra was the only one who went out to comfort her, along with Apollo which was when they decided to ask if she would like to help produce their workout video.  That was when Kenya was making the rounds on different talk shows talking about how FIONE Apollo was and making remarks that Phaedra didn't look good enough to be married to him.  When the video collaboration fell apart, that was when she started going after Apollo and trying to get him to go against his wife.  At that time, she was also trying to get Todd on her side but Kandi put an immediate stop to that (plus Todd didn't bite)

• Love 2

They were not actually on good terms even when Kenya ran off crying because Walter wouldn't propose to her. However, Phaedra was the only one who went out to comfort her, along with Apollo which was when they decided to ask if she would like to help produce their workout video. That was when Kenya was making the rounds on different talk shows talking about how FIONE Apollo was and making remarks that Phaedra didn't look good enough to be married to him. When the video collaboration fell apart, that was when she started going after Apollo and trying to get him to go against his wife. At that time, she was also trying to get Todd on her side but Kandi put an immediate stop to that (plus Todd didn't bite)

I think this is more opinion then fact which is fine. I don't think Kenya was ever interested in Apollo. Apollo was telling Kenya he wanted to work out the business deal with her when Phadrea backed out. He thought he could get with Kenya not the other way around and by making her think they could still work out a deal was his way of trying to get with Kenya.

I think this is more opinion then fact which is fine. I don't think Kenya was ever interested in Apollo. Apollo was telling Kenya he wanted to work out the business deal with her when Phadrea backed out. He thought he could get with Kenya not the other way around and by making her think they could still work out a deal was his way of trying to get with Kenya.

The problem is Kenya approached Apollo first. it was at Todd's Bday party and right after the deal went south. Kenya separated Apollo from Phaedra and tried to get him to agree to do the deal behind Phaedra's back, except Phaedra saw them talking and went over to find her trying to be shady. She stopped Apollo from making the deal. That was when Kenya went to Todd to get him to talk to Apollo and Kandi stopped her. That was the start of the texts initiated by Kenya to Apollo.
  • Love 3

I haven't followed much about Phaedra outside what I see on show (reading depositions, etc.) but the one thing she did that drove me crazy and made me actively dislike her was several times using coy terms to describe Apollo's behavior rather than admitting the truth. Once the truth was out, it was time for her to stop saying "Apollo and his [pause] mischievousness".

Lady, he committed CRIMES! Stop being coy and silly when your man has been tried, found guilty, and sentenced. Whether it's "criminal acts", "felonies", etc. you are a lawyer, you know the proper terms, stop trying to play down what he did with your little word games.

End of my rant. 

• Love 6

The problem is Kenya approached Apollo first. it was at Todd's Bday party and right after the deal went south. Kenya separated Apollo from Phaedra and tried to get him to agree to do the deal behind Phaedra's back, except Phaedra saw them talking and went over to find her trying to be shady. She stopped Apollo from making the deal. That was when Kenya went to Todd to get him to talk to Apollo and Kandi stopped her. That was the start of the texts initiated by Kenya to Apollo.

I don't remember it happening this way at all...lol.

In fact, by the time of the party, Kenya was over her little whatever with Apollo cause she called him some names and she, him and Phaedra all argued about some video deal, with him and Phaedra against her. Kenya had also found somebody else to do the video with or had started her own thing at that point hence the Stallion booty dvd. She was done with him and Phaedra at that point. Also, even they all agreed Apollo initiated the first text, Kenya just responded.

I haven't followed much about Phaedra outside what I see on show (reading depositions, etc.) but the one thing she did that drove me crazy and made me actively dislike her was several times using coy terms to describe Apollo's behavior rather than admitting the truth. Once the truth was out, it was time for her to stop saying "Apollo and his [pause] mischievousness".

Lady, he committed CRIMES! Stop being coy and silly when your man has been tried, found guilty, and sentenced. Whether it's "criminal acts", "felonies", etc. you are a lawyer, you know the proper terms, stop trying to play down what he did with your little word games.

End of my rant. 

Then she tried to say they were just white collar crimes, then..lol..she said she didn't know what his charges were about and he hadn't even been charged with anything or indicted or some crap she said, now he's the most abusive, violent, scary person in the world and he broke the law doing multiple crimes and he deserves whatever he gets. I mean, she's just all over the place when it comes to him. I can't believe anybody still believes anything she says. Her credibility is shot.

• Love 5

This is why I have a problem with these "southern belle" types who internalize everything wrong in their marriages simply because they want to keep up appearances of a perfect marriage to the neighbors.  I have worked in crises centers where I have seen many "Phaedras" come through who have been beaten, sexually abused and terrorized by their mates and won't leave or even press charges because they are worried about who will find out.  even here in DC and especially among the Christian community, women are taught to just take it and endure rather than report it. 

I was raised the same way but I was a bit of a bitch so I left when my husband thought it ok to verbally  debase me.  He slapped me once and learned never to do that again.  However, I have friends who actually allowed their significant others to verbally and physically abuse them and stay quiet about it. 

I am glad that Phaedra is out of that situation before it had escalated and hope she has learned that she cannot change someone like Apollo.

• Love 1

"I don't drink coffee but I'm sure my butt wouldn't mind a sip."

~ Miss Phaedra in the Philippines, talking about a caffeine enema

Some of her one-liners crack me up!

• Love 1

It looks like the Angela Stanton vs. Phaedra case is headed to trial based on this report.  http://tamaratattles.com/2015/04/20/parks-v-stanton-update-judge-rules-on-stantons-motion-for-summary-judgment/#more-15379

The judge denied Stanton's motion for summary judgement today. 

Phaedra's motion for summary judgement  regarding Stanton's counterclaims was denied about a month ago I believe. 

I know Phaedra don't want to go there.  But if she does, I have my popcorn ready.

I am guessing this is why she is so adamantly still married to Apollo...you know, so he does not have to testify.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

Just a mini reflection of the season as I sit at home with illness...

Apollo sure beat Phae to the punch when it came to speaking to the cast.  Our juvial boy isn't that cerebral, which is why I'm shocked, but he sure got the leg up planting seeds apologizing to Kenya first, and through his unofficial mouthpiece with #Peter'sBrew...can't believed I hashtagged that...

Now, I've been more #TeamTwirl over #TeamFixItJesus (hashtags, a new addiction)...but If I was Phae, the first thing I would have done, whether true or not...apologize to Kenya and put my spin to it...over Apollo...

IT'S APOLLO...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN EASY!  While he's figuring out the time scale or whatever such nonsense, she could have been out and back and it's done...

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 2

No big surprise - you do not lose a law license just because people around you are criminals. And of course she does/did criminal defense (does she really practice law anymore?).

And to be fair, the man pled guilty in 1999 and was arrested in 2012. It doesn't say he pled or was found guilty in 2012. One conviction 16 years ago shouldn't follow him around for life.

If being around criminals were enough, she would lose her license over Apollo, not this guy.

edited because "are" and "you" are in fact different words!

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 5

Hanging around criminals doesn't make her a criminal but it does make her look funny in the eyes of others. And I'm sure the eyes of the law as well.

• Love 1

Hanging around criminals doesn't make her a criminal but it does make her look funny in the eyes of others. And I'm sure the eyes of the law as well.

Nope, not for an attorney, especially one who has handled criminal defense work.

Maybe the "win a case" rhetoric is about the case with Angela Stanton that is looming over poor Phae's head? The deposition littered with "I don't know"and "I don't remember" from Phaedra wasn't too pretty either. That may be exactly what the ladies are referring to.

• Love 5

Actually (Phaedra) has won many cases and was just awarded for her position in the community.  That was just another of Cynthia's baseless jibes fueled by Patricia.

Are you talking about that National Bar Association thing they showed?  Wasn't there something fishy about all that?  I remember reading about it at the time.  http://tamaratattles.com/2014/08/01/something-in-the-buttermilk-aint-clean/

There was one very deserving, accomplished man mentioned as getting the award, but then UPS got the same award he and Phaedra did, IIRC. Yeah, that UPS.   So I am not sure her award had that much to do with her legal performance.  She was definitely not in the same category as the man who got the award.   His resume was extremely impressive, unlike what I know of Phaedra's. 

I can't recall ever hearing of her do any kind of meaningful pro bono work or anything.  No fabulous trial victory, no important victory on an appeals case.  She's always struck me as a run-of-the-mill small time lawyer.  I don't know of any significant role she plays in any organization.  Maybe someone else out there knows more.  I don't know why anyone would be giving her an award unless it was just to generate publicity and maybe get Bravo to put their ceremony on the TV.  Which they did.  

That type of vanity award giving has happened on other franchises, too.  LMAO remember Vicki from OC falling on her ass after she collected her little statuette?  Good times !

http://giphy.com/gifs/realitytvgifs-real-housewives-fall-MnxywrjxLdPTW

the National Bar Association awards are a very legitimate organization.  TamaraTattles is a very biased blogger so most of her "information" is sadly skewed.  Phaedra has been receiving awards across the country, not just in Atlanta.  We don't see much of her law practice basically because her clients expect and probably demand privacy and discretion, especially since she handles criminal as well as civil cases.

• Love 1
the National Bar Association awards are a very legitimate organization. ... Phaedra has been receiving awards across the country, not just in Atlanta.

All kinds of legit and fancy-shmancy organizations give away sham and vanity awards.  I think it's the main reason groups like this exist. To celebrate themselves and pat each other on the back, lol.  Groups that regulate licensing (i.e. the state bars) are another story.  When the Georgia State Bar honors Phaedra for her contribution to the law, I will be more impressed. 

TamaraTattles is a very biased blogger so most of her "information" is sadly skewed

I hit every link she includes and did some googling myself to check.  Everything she stated as fact checked out.  Her editorial comments may be opinion based, but the facts she asserted appear accurate.  Confusing, but accurate.

It's weird... when I went to the National Bar Association's website and typed in Phaedra's name, nothing shows up.

That is weird.  She's not even a member? lol.  Was there any list of previous winners there, or was her name just not among them? 

We don't see much of her law practice basically because her clients expect and probably demand privacy and discretion, especially since she handles criminal as well as civil cases.

Criminal records and cases are open public things, as are all trials and other proceedings.  Her clients are out of luck if they want privacy. I hardly expect them to tolerate cameras being trained on them while consulting behind closed doors, but the thing  strikes me as odd is that Phaedra never even makes reference to her work aside from saying she ... works.  Never any mention of a big case, important meeting.  I've never heard of her representing an important person or social cause (except for Bawwwwbay!)  You might think she would at least pretend she had something important going on, but she doesn't even do that.  

I wonder if she really has much of a law practice left after showing her ass on this show over the seasons.  And after being married to Apollo.  Lots of clients don't want a notorious lawyer.  I could see how she would be embarrassing to a lot of potential clients and  she just isn't getting hired that much any more. I bet she thought going on this show would benefit her career, but it has turned out just the opposite.

• Love 3

That is weird. She's not even a member? lol. Was there any list of previous winners there, or was her name just not among them?

They didn't have a list of awards or winners, but a list of upcoming seminars and get-togethers. When I did a search of her name in the search box, it came up empty.

Finally, Cynthia apologized the correct way to Phaedra for the Mr Chocolate fiasco of last season.  Cynthia finally realized she was hurting Phaedra with spreading unsubstantiated rumors about Phaedra's alleged infidelity in her marriage.  It was probably when she found herself in a situation with Peachter and realizing that was not only substantiated but RECORDED for all to see.  She finally realized the damage she did and formally and privately apologized to Phaedra.  That is probably why they are cordial now.

• Love 1