Type keyword(s) to search

Phaedra Parks: Undertaker, Esq.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Giselle said:

Taking it too far, imo.

Phaedra did not break the law and while she is vile, taking away her license to practice law would be unfair and nonsensical.

However, Kandi needs to go after her coins... She has suffered some loss of income and emotional damage, imo.

• Love 6

Yeah, I think it's kind of weird that this guy who apparently has some standing in the world takes it upon himself to be the moral authority leveraged against lying housewives (aren't there more important things to tend to?), but it's hard for me to feel any sympathy for Phaedra at this point.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Taking it too far, imo.

Phaedra did not break the law and while she is vile, taking away her license to practice law would be unfair and nonsensical.

However, Kandi needs to go after her coins... She has suffered some loss of income and emotional damage, imo.

You don't have to break the law to be sanctioned by the bar. Dishonesty and fraud are huge issues for state bars. From the Georgia Bar Rules of Professional Conduct:

"[2] This Rule, as its predecessor, is drawn in terms of acts involving "moral turpitude" with, however, a recognition that some such offenses concern matters of personal morality and have no specific connection to fitness for the practice of law. Here the concern is limited to those matters which fall under both the rubric of "moral turpitude" and involve underlying conduct relating to the fitness of the lawyer to practice law.

[3] Many kinds of illegal conduct reflect adversely on fitness to practice law, such as offenses involving fraud and the offense of willful failure to file an income tax return. However, some kinds of offenses carry no such implication. Traditionally, the distinction was drawn in terms of offenses involving "moral turpitude." That concept can be construed to include offenses concerning some matters of personal morality, such as adultery and comparable offenses, that have no specific connection to fitness for the practice of law. Although a lawyer is personally answerable to the entire criminal law, a lawyer should be professionally answerable only for offenses that indicate lack of those characteristics relevant to law practice. Offenses involving violence, dishonesty, breach of trust, or serious interference with the administration of justice are in that category. A pattern of repeated offenses, even ones of minor significance when considered separately, can indicate indifference to legal obligation."

Additionally, Georgia repealed their criminal defamation statute back in 2010. Their housewife contracts include some language about not suing each other. Phaedra does have a history of maliciously defaming people, which indicates that she has a very interesting relationship with the truth. This might be Kandi's only recourse. However given Carlos King's involuntary in this mess, it's possible that Bravo quickly amended Kandi's contract to let her sue Frick and Frack.

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

You don't have to break the law to be sanctioned by the bar. Dishonesty and fraud are huge issues for state bars. From the Georgia Bar Rules of Professional Conduct:

"[2] This Rule, as its predecessor, is drawn in terms of acts involving "moral turpitude" with, however, a recognition that some such offenses concern matters of personal morality and have no specific connection to fitness for the practice of law. Here the concern is limited to those matters which fall under both the rubric of "moral turpitude" and involve underlying conduct relating to the fitness of the lawyer to practice law.

[3] Many kinds of illegal conduct reflect adversely on fitness to practice law, such as offenses involving fraud and the offense of willful failure to file an income tax return. However, some kinds of offenses carry no such implication. Traditionally, the distinction was drawn in terms of offenses involving "moral turpitude." That concept can be construed to include offenses concerning some matters of personal morality, such as adultery and comparable offenses, that have no specific connection to fitness for the practice of law. Although a lawyer is personally answerable to the entire criminal law, a lawyer should be professionally answerable only for offenses that indicate lack of those characteristics relevant to law practice. Offenses involving violence, dishonesty, breach of trust, or serious interference with the administration of justice are in that category. A pattern of repeated offenses, even ones of minor significance when considered separately, can indicate indifference to legal obligation."

Additionally, Georgia repealed their criminal defamation statute back in 2010. Their housewife contracts include some language about not suing each other. Phaedra does have a history of maliciously defaming people, which indicates that she has a very interesting relationship with the truth. This might be Kandi's only recourse. However given Carlos King's involuntary in this mess, it's possible that Bravo quickly amended Kandi's contract to let her sue Frick and Frack.

Phaedra made some serious misrepresentations about the Court's finding when she said she won the lawsuit against Angela Stanton and that her book was barred from being sold.  Far more serious to me at least than her lies about Kandi.  She also needs to answer to the material misrepresentations she made regarding her divorce from Apollo.  As an attorney Phaedra. at the very least is suppose to respect the Court's process and decisions.  Phaedra brought ironically enough, a defamation suit against Angela Stanton.  She dodged depositions, was threatened with sanctions at had at least five different attorneys. 

To me, if you are going to use your position as an attorney to weild power and intimidate, don't be surprised when it comes back to bite you in the ass.

I do not believe that Phaedra is immune from being sued by other Real Housewives.  I believe that she may be able to use it as a defense, but I believe the portion of the contract that provides a RH cannot sue is more about not suing Bravo for editing of the show.  So if you say it on film you cannot complain about it being used on the show.  Kandi said prior to Phaedra's admission, her attorneys had told her she was able to sue Porsha.  It wasn't until the revelations she realized she had a cause of action against Phaedra as well.  It sounded to me as if Kandi and her counsel were assessing damages incurred as a result of the intentional and malicious acts of Phaedra and Porsha.

• Love 8
(edited)

How legit is Phaedra's "undertaker's license" of all things.  Conveniently gives her access to the deceased's social security nos. to supply Apollo for identity theft.  Just sayin . . .   The funeral business hasn't been much of her story line since Apollo went to camp.

Edited by luvgoldens
  • Love 10

Additionally, Phaedra was representing Porsha who relied on her advice and counsel regarding the Cease and Desist action started by Kandi.  Phaedra had previously represented Kandi.  She counseled and encouraged Johnny, who had a non disclosure agreement which would have been among the documents Phaedra would have reviewed or her co-counsel.  She also accused Kandi of running a plantation and screwed up the simplest of math to exaggerate a claim against Kandi.

• Love 8
(edited)

Interesting comment lifted from another message board:

Irony from Wikipedia about the Greek goddess Phaedra:

"In revenge, Phaedra wrote Theseus a letter that claimed Hippolytus had raped her. "

I guess "our" Phaedra was just living up to her namesake lol

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, luvgoldens said:

How legit is Phaedra's "undertaker's license" of all things.  Conveniently gives her access to the deceased's social security nos. to supply Apollo for identity theft.  Just sayin . . .   The funeral business hasn't been much of her story line since Apollo went to camp.

Plus,  we all know bout her passion for foundation.

What easier way to scam?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Phaedra made some serious misrepresentations about the Court's finding when she said she won the lawsuit against Angela Stanton and that her book was barred from being sold.  Far more serious to me at least than her lies about Kandi.  She also needs to answer to the material misrepresentations she made regarding her divorce from Apollo.  As an attorney Phaedra. at the very least is suppose to respect the Court's process and decisions.  Phaedra brought ironically enough, a defamation suit against Angela Stanton.  She dodged depositions, was threatened with sanctions at had at least five different attorneys. 

To me, if you are going to use your position as an attorney to weild power and intimidate, don't be surprised when it comes back to bite you in the ass.

I do not believe that Phaedra is immune from being sued by other Real Housewives.  I believe that she may be able to use it as a defense, but I believe the portion of the contract that provides a RH cannot sue is more about not suing Bravo for editing of the show.  So if you say it on film you cannot complain about it being used on the show.  Kandi said prior to Phaedra's admission, her attorneys had told her she was able to sue Porsha.  It wasn't until the revelations she realized she had a cause of action against Phaedra as well.  It sounded to me as if Kandi and her counsel were assessing damages incurred as a result of the intentional and malicious acts of Phaedra and Porsha.

I definitely think Bravo's contracts protect them from being used by the women but I would think there would be some sort of clause that would protect the HWs from each other (to an extent). Bravo wants and encourages gossip and confrontation. I think the women would be far less willing to engage and add drama if there was fear that they might be sued for every little thing they said. Perhaps the women repeating existing gossip is protected vs. introducing gossip that no one has ever heard of and providing no source for that information. When Aviva suggested that Carole had a ghost writer, she named her source...and it was gossip that existed before Aviva joined the show. With Phaedra, while she supposedly named a source regarding the information on Kandi (though the show didn't air it), I think that admission is nullified by the fact that Porsha can substantiate (and maybe has receipts as proof) that Phaedra represented the information as first hand information that came straight out of Kandi's mouth that Phaedra was witness to - which is a lie. I'm assuming there are nuances that differentiate where there are grounds to sue each other and when their contract nullifies their intent to sue.

I did see the interview that you're referring to and it does seem like Kandi's lawyers thought she had something to take Porsha to task on and it wasn't until the reunion that she went back to them and told them to hold off until the whole story comes out. If I were rich and someone said that shit about me, I would take them to court regardless of what the contract said - just to publicize the shittiness of that person and let the world know that the only way this poor excuse for a lawyer is getting off the hook is because she's protected by a contract that says she can be a vile human being and still get away with it. I'd do it just to embarrass the hell out of her and her name.

• Love 5

My hunch is that Carlos King the producer told Phaedra that Todd and Kandi used drugs to get other people to engage in threesome.

Then Phaedra while hanging out with Porsha repeated that information to hurt Kandi and just gossip with Porsha.

Finally Porsha being  the moron that she is, repeated the allegation to gain a story line/attention/whatever.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

My hunch is that Carlos King the producer told Phaedra that Todd and Kandi used drugs to get other people to engage in threesome.

Then Phaedra while hanging out with Porsha repeated that information to hurt Kandi and just gossip with Porsha.

Finally Porsha being  the moron that she is, repeated the allegation to gain a story line/attention/whatever.

I suspect if that were the case Phaedra would have thrown him all the way under the bus by now to save her own skin.  

I understand they may have edited it out of the reunion, but has she mentioned it in any post reunion interviews?

• Love 3
Just now, RealReality said:

I suspect if that were the case Phaedra would have thrown him all the way under the bus by now to save her own skin.  

I understand they may have edited it out of the reunion, but has she mentioned it in any post reunion interviews?

This is just gossip but that explained why Phaedra said "I am the goddam villain now" plus Carlos has been fired on the spot as well.

there is a rumor as well running on the Alley that he is a messy person and the source of the lie.

The editing monkeys were in rare form as the cease and desist letter story line was dropped.

Who the heck knows what really went down???

Kandi might have dropped Bravo altogether as she is now on VH1.

Not that Mona and Vh1 are any better but whatever....

2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

This is just gossip but that explained why Phaedra said "I am the goddam villain now" plus Carlos has been fired on the spot as well.

there is a rumor as well running on the Alley that he is a messy person and the source of the lie.

The editing monkeys were in rare form as the cease and desist letter story line was dropped.

Who the heck knows what really went down???

Kandi might have dropped Bravo altogether as she is now on VH1.

Not that Mona and Vh1 are any better but whatever....

Mona is the very worst, so I hope Kandi is not getting mixed up in any reality show with her before really knowing what she is getting into 

Phaedra is in a terrible position right now, I think if Carlos told her anything she would be shouting it from the mountaintops.  Unless he has something really awful on her....like maybe she was born with a tail and he has pictures of it...I don't know, but I think it would have to be pretty bad for Phaedra to be Carlos King's Dummy Porsha.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Mona is the very worst, so I hope Kandi is not getting mixed up in any reality show with her before really knowing what she is getting into 

Phaedra is in a terrible position right now, I think if Carlos told her anything she would be shouting it from the mountaintops.  Unless he has something really awful on her....like maybe she was born with a tail and he has pictures of it...I don't know, but I think it would have to be pretty bad for Phaedra to be Carlos King's Dummy Porsha.

http://pagesix.com/2017/05/09/phaedra-parks-blames-producers-for-slip-up/

I guess it is an ongoing theory

• Love 2
On 5/10/2017 at 4:47 PM, LIMOM said:

Taking it too far, imo.

Agreed.  Although it seems Porsha is the true criminal.  She is the one who made the accusation for all of America to hear.  Phaedra may not be brightest legal mind, but she know enough not to say such a thing on TV.   Just because someone is egged on and/or encouraged to do a misdeed, the person can always say no - unless threatened with harm (i.e. gun to head!).   Porsha needs to be held accountable.

Phaedra is crazy shady and has likely done just about everything people accuse her of, but she did not say the words on national television.  

Women get booted from these shows when they are boring or too toxic.  Pheadra has worked herself into the too-toxic corner.  Stupid.  I feel bad for her kids. Porsha is nothing without Phaedra.  Both should go, I feel.

• Love 5
(edited)

Porsha got away with assaulting Kenya and now spreading vicious lies.

She might be dumb but she has someone smart advising her, imo.

I would like both Phaedra and Porsha to be back on, to selfishly have a nice tied up story line.

As far as the so-called fan who started a lawsuit, get a life.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 7
(edited)
47 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I would like both Phaedra and Porsha to be back on, to selfishly have a nice tied up story line.

ok. they both should go, but I have to admit that I would watch if they came back :(.    

Edited by Jextella
39 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

2 minutes ago, Jextella said:

ok.  In my crazy own mind....they both should go, but I would watch if they came back.  

I don't want them back. Andy was insistent that Vicki come back as a redemption tour to atone for the lies about Brooks' cancer. Instead she ended up further alienating the women. OC is unwatchable. Keeping Phaedra and Porsha would probably kill this show. No one in their right mind would want to film with them.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't want them back. Andy was insistent that Vicki come back as a redemption tour to atone for the lies about Brooks' cancer. Instead she ended up further alienating the women. OC is unwatchable. Keeping Phaedra and Porsha would probably kill this show. No one in their right mind would want to film with them.

I don't think that Nene nor Kim Z. Would refuse to tape with any of them.

Nene has been validated as she said from the get go that Phaedra was a snake and Kim is pressed and does not have a problem with any of them(she made up with Kandi and Sheree).

Kenya can more than hold her own and imo has just as much of a problem with Porsha and Phaedra. And she now has a mini beef with Kim Z.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I don't think that Nene nor Kim Z. Would refuse to tape with any of them.

Nene has been validated as she said from the get go that Phaedra was a snake and Kim is pressed and does not have a problem with any of them(she made up with Kandi and Sheree).

Kenya can more than hold her own and imo has just as much of a problem with Porsha and Phaedra. And she now has a mini beef with Kim Z.

Good points.  I think you are right that others wouldn't want to film with Porsha and Phaedra!

I dunno...Porsha has a chance. If Kim comes back, and she and Sheree decided to go to war against Kenya, she could always piggyback off of them.

3 hours ago, BBHN said:

I dunno...Porsha has a chance. If Kim comes back, and she and Sheree decided to go to war against Kenya, she could always piggyback off of them.

So once again a season of Kenya being the villainess?

It gets boring. But, I can see that, since she, at least has a smudgeon of intelligence.

While not a huge fan of Kim Z. She at least brings the laughs. SAme with Nene.

• Love 3
(edited)

I never said Kenya would be the villainess. But, given the way Kim came after Kenya at the finale housewarming party, even though she never had any previous beef with Kenya*, I wouldn't be surprised if that was Kim's "story" should she return. That doesn't necessarily make Kenya the bad person in this situation. We'd have to see who instigates what to determine that. Sheree would probably side with Kim, and as I said, that could be Porsha's way of staying relevant if she comes back. Not necessarily being involved in the drama itself, but definitely being on Kim and Sheree's side.

*Kim did say she was doing it to defend her friend Sheree.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 1

If that happened, we'd have Porsha spreading untrue rumors all over again. I hope she doesn't come back, I don't want to watch her stupidity anymore. If she's got so many thriving businesses, let her go work on them.

• Love 7
On 5/10/2017 at 1:19 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

It's a good thing that Phaedra has her undertakers license since she basically buried her law career.

Except ... not even that.

59171622df713_IGlicensePP.jpg.9c3b8cab12729b6880d834e09f0e1114.jpg

On 5/10/2017 at 7:59 PM, luvgoldens said:

• Love 7

I'm sure Phaedra downplayed her funeral business as soon as Apollo used it to get info. If she kept people focused on that business, as soon as he was found out, they'd start looking closely at her as well.

• Love 4

LOL. Phaedra is such an idiot. She's just barely smarter than the people she's around, but it's made her think she is running things. Can't pass the mortician's exam...never mention Willie Watkins again. Collects cash in a parking lot, fails Sheree and Kandi in their suits, so we never see her in court again, just behind her desk talking to Mama Joyce. I guess she thinks we will all just forget about it. That's what she gets for running around with the likes of Angela Stanton, Porsha Williams, and Apollo Nida. Sure, you're the brains around them, but ego made her forget about the rest of us. 

I am loving her downfall, every single minute of it. I used to be amused by some of her over the top southern belle mess, but once she started lying on Kenya (alcoholic/bipolar) and using that tired "you ain't got a man" type of drag, I was done with her. If you are a real ass chick, your wins will mean their losses, you don't have to try to run other women down. 

I also found it funny that she went through all her "I won't call another woman a whore again" mess just to sit up at the reunion and call Shamea a whore. Trash, and stupid at that. 

• Love 19

Well, part of me believe Angela but on the other hand, how could Phaedra evade prosecution twice?

Was she able to bamboozle the same people twice and how about the FEDS?

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Well, part of me believe Angela but on the other hand, how could Phaedra evade prosecution twice?

Was she able to bamboozle the same people twice and how about the FEDS?

She doesn't put her name on anything, as Angela described. There's no way to tie her to criminal activity if there's no paper trail. Apollo won't spill his guts because he's probably blackmailing her, for a lot of money.

• Love 8
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:06 PM, zoeysmom said:

Kim Z. was selling "Tardy for the Party" and Phaedra represented Kandi, filed the lawsuit halting sales a couple of days before the Reunion.  A lawsuit that  was dismissed  due to statute of limitations. . . .  something attorney Parks should have known.  It is called a calendar.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:04 AM, cooksdelight said:

Add that to her dismal representation of Sheree during her divorce, and I'm surprised Phaedra ever mentioned she was an attorney on camera again. 

Lord, Kandi has not seen one dime from "Tardy from the Party" and Sheree's divorce settlement left her broke.  I have never thought I would ever agree with Bobby Brown, but damn, she is a bad lawyer.  If you hire Phaedra, you will lose, mostly due to her incompetence (any layman or first year law student understands what statute of limitations means).

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, qtpye said:

Lord, Kandi has not seen one dime from "Tardy from the Party" and Sheree's divorce settlement left her broke.  I have never thought I would ever agree with Bobby Brown, but damn, she is a bad lawyer.  If you hire Phaedra, you will lose, mostly due to her incompetence (any layman or first year law student understands what statute of limitations means).

Phaedra didn't have anything to do with Sheree's divorce settlement. What we saw on the show was Sheree trying to squeeze more money out of Bob after she blew through her settlement money putting on airs and fashion shows without fashions.

I don't know anything about Bobby's legal problems to know whether he's being like Teresa Guidice and trying to blame his lawyer or really got the shaft.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 3
On 5/13/2017 at 7:07 PM, sunsheyen said:

LOL. Phaedra is such an idiot. She's just barely smarter than the people she's around, but it's made her think she is running things. Can't pass the mortician's exam...never mention Willie Watkins again. Collects cash in a parking lot, fails Sheree and Kandi in their suits, so we never see her in court again, just behind her desk talking to Mama Joyce. I guess she thinks we will all just forget about it. That's what she gets for running around with the likes of Angela Stanton, Porsha Williams, and Apollo Nida. Sure, you're the brains around them, but ego made her forget about the rest of us. 

I am loving her downfall, every single minute of it. I used to be amused by some of her over the top southern belle mess, but once she started lying on Kenya (alcoholic/bipolar) and using that tired "you ain't got a man" type of drag, I was done with her. If you are a real ass chick, your wins will mean their losses, you don't have to try to run other women down. 

I also found it funny that she went through all her "I won't call another woman a whore again" mess just to sit up at the reunion and call Shamea a whore. Trash, and stupid at that. 

amen.  and people like to blame kim and sheree, but even bobby brown implied that phaedra is a shitty attorney.

FTR, you don't have to be involved in a criminal act to be disbarred.  The ethical rules are written so broadly that just bringing disrepute to the profession (whatever that means) is against the rules.  I'd love to see Phaedra get disbarred, and I'm surprised this is the first time anyone has lodged a complaint.  It sort of makes the GA bar look bad when you have an attorney practice who seems at best incompetent, at worst is just a liar.

The hypocrisy of "you ain't got a man" when Phaedra had a felon ex-con who was steady cheating on her with a woman who looks like a cartoon stripper is just rich.  Oh, and she had to pay the ex-con $100k so far.  And in the end, Phaedra ended up without a man...except for that scary looking reverend guy.

• Love 11