Type keyword(s) to search

Miss Scarlet and The Duke In The Media: Getting A Royal Clue

• Start Topic

Just saw an article from Good Housekeeping on Twitter— a recent interview with Kate Phillips. It said that S2 would begin filming this fall in Serbia. S1 was filmed in Dublin, Ireland. Guess a lot of the characters will be getting new digs. There  was also some interesting info on other aspects of S2. Sorry, I am not savvy enough to know how to insert the link to the article here. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Nolefan said:

Just saw an article from Good Housekeeping on Twitter— a recent interview with Kate Phillips. It said that S2 would begin filming this fall in Serbia. S1 was filmed in Dublin, Ireland. Guess a lot of the characters will be getting new digs. There  was also some interesting info on other aspects of S2. Sorry, I am not savvy enough to know how to insert the link to the article here. 

Thanks for the heads up! Here is the link to the article: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a36052235/miss-scarlet-and-the-duke-season-2-pbs-cast-episodes-news/

I can see Eliza having to move to a smaller house, but hopefully they can recreate her office and Willam's office. Unless William gets a promotion, and therefore changes offices, which could be a simple fix.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Thanks for the heads up! Here is the link to the article: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a36052235/miss-scarlet-and-the-duke-season-2-pbs-cast-episodes-news/

I can see Eliza having to move to a smaller house, but hopefully they can recreate her office and Willam's office. Unless William gets a promotion, and therefore changes offices, which could be a simple fix.

Thank you!! I actually think Eliza moving to a smaller, less expensive house would make a lot of sense. I know she feels connected to her current house because of her history there, but it seems like a colossal waste of money for her to maintain something so big when it is only her and Ivy. I would think that it would be relatively easy to recreate Henry’s and William’s offices as they are one room. It appears that the street is a set. They probably can use old film footage of the street and to show Henry’s office and Scotland Yard from the outside. There are probably new sets in Serbia to have other “blocks” of London. The article said there would be more adventure. I am guessing this means more going to other locations (like the abandoned prison from S1), so maybe it is not that critical to have the locations from Dublin anymore.

• Love 4
On 4/12/2021 at 5:21 AM, Nolefan said:

Thank you!! I actually think Eliza moving to a smaller, less expensive house would make a lot of sense. I know she feels connected to her current house because of her history there, but it seems like a colossal waste of money for her to maintain something so big when it is only her and Ivy. I would think that it would be relatively easy to recreate Henry’s and William’s offices as they are one room. It appears that the street is a set. They probably can use old film footage of the street and to show Henry’s office and Scotland Yard from the outside. There are probably new sets in Serbia to have other “blocks” of London. The article said there would be more adventure. I am guessing this means more going to other locations (like the abandoned prison from S1), so maybe it is not that critical to have the locations from Dublin anymore.

Yes, no reason to continue to pay that much rent. She and Ivy could get a two-three room suite, or live in rooms off of the her office and be comfortable. 

• Love 1
On 4/11/2021 at 5:37 PM, pezgirl7 said:

Thanks for the link to this article.  I guess it's been a while since I watched anything on PBS, it might have been Downton Abbey that long ago.  I  could have sworn I remember missing episodes and watching on the app.  But this article says you have to pay to use the PBS app, or pay for the channel on Amazon Prime.  I guess their app has gone the way of a pay service like a premium channel?  Other network stations like CBS have apps that are free to use if you miss an episode, you just have to watch ads, but still free.  I guess PBS doesn't have ads, so they charge instead?

5 hours ago, blackwing said:

But this article says you have to pay to use the PBS app, or pay for the channel on Amazon Prime.  I guess their app has gone the way of a pay service like a premium channel? 

I think some shows you can still watch for free, but you have to pay for the app to stream the Masterpiece shows. I wanted to watch Jamestown, which Stuart Martin was in, but only the first episode was free. I’m going to see if my library has it. PBS re-aired Miss Scarlet and the Duke a few months ago, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they re-air it again in a few months. 

1 hour ago, chaifan said:

Is there any way to watch it in the US before October?  Or do I just have to wait?

PBS Passport might put the whole season up when they start to air it here as they do with many of their shows but probably not before October.  

They made one show available long before it aired--Annika. But that's not common.  

If you plan on sharing a place to watch episodes, please only share legal methods of watching the episodes. 

Video sharing sites like YouTube, DailyMotion or Vimeo usually don't have legal versions unless the official channels of the production company or broadcaster are hosting the videos. 

I have PBS Passport and though several series are supposed to air today, including MSaTD, they are not listed as available. I'm hoping they'll release all the episodes at once, but sometimes they only release the episodes a few days in advance.

2 minutes ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

I have PBS Passport and though several series are supposed to air today, including MSaTD, they are not listed as available. I'm hoping they'll release all the episodes at once, but sometimes they only release the episodes a few days in advance.

For what it's worth, I was cooking on a Sunday and wanted to watch the current season of Vander Velk on the day it was set to premiere. Not available. 

A week later, after it had premiered,  all episodes were available.   I'm guessing we have to wait until after it premieres.  Then they'll release them all.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 4merBachAddict said:

Just read that S3 of MSATD will start on Jan. 8,2023 on PBS!! Great news - only a couple of months between the end of S2 & start of S3!!

I remember hearing about that and realizing that they must have filmed the seasons back to back. Then it made me wonder if the 12 episodes were always planned to be split into two seasons. I just hope season 3 isn’t the last!

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 2
On 11/27/2022 at 5:41 PM, Door County Cherry said:

I suspect they must have filmed two seasons back to back since they moved to Eastern Europe to film. 

I just finished watching S02 and realized that S03 is on Passport now, and I thought what with Covid delaying so many TV series, they probably shot back to back to catch up, so to speak. And I'm not complaining at all!

11 hours ago, Stuffy said:

Not 100% sure but I think so. 

I looked it up and it is. I knew the first season shot in Dublin and they moved somewhere else for Season 2.  I thought that place started with a B so I was thinking Bulgaria or Budapest and not Serbia.  But they film in Belgrade so it was a b!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I looked it up and it is. I knew the first season shot in Dublin and they moved somewhere else for Season 2.  I thought that place started with a B so I was thinking Bulgaria or Budapest and not Serbia.  But they film in Belgrade so it was a b!

Yes, there was a very long, like almost 1.5 hours long, Behind the Scenes special that PBS has that goes behind the scenes on each character, and the sets, etc. Usually those things are pretty much fluff but this was surprisingly good. In it, the actors were saying how excited they were to move to the new location in Belgrade because they've got all new sets and much bigger streets, etc. so they were very excited about all the possibilities on the new set.

• Love 3
On 7/28/2022 at 5:30 PM, chitowngirl said:

Season 3 airs January 8, 2023 on PBS! 

On 7/28/2022 at 8:49 PM, Door County Cherry said:

I just saw that.  Not only a renewal but another season so quickly after the second.

On 7/29/2022 at 9:29 AM, chitowngirl said:

I KNOW! (tm Monica Geller from Friends😆)

Yeah I haven't even started Season 2 yet! I feel so behind.

• Applause 1