Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E26 Milla

• Start Topic

A spotlight on Milla Clark, who underwent 5 surgeries and is now one of Dr. Nowzardan's weight loss patients. 

Sure, there's a better description on the TLC site, but I enjoy this non-descriptive episode description from my channel guide.  Milla exists!  She is one if Dr. Now's patients! And she is getting her second Where Are They Now episode of the season.  The big question is, "How much farther can she have gone?"

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast showing and again during the US West Coast showing.  

Original air date 2019.06.26

• LOL 1

I liked Milla. She was definitely a success, and not just in terms of weight loss.  Her whole attitude and mood were so different in the end.  I hope she continues to do well and explore her life.  I haven't watched her original episode(s?) - was she another one who became very obese very young and didn't have much chance to enjoy life before?  Hope she will catch up now.

• Love 7
(edited)
43 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Confidential to the Live Chatters: My 10-year-old orange tabby, Simon, killed the small, furry intruder before I could rescue it.

On topic: Well done, Milla!

Don't be too hard on him;  after all it's what cats do.  (Re:  the broken-neck feathered "presents" on the porch.)  They mean well, sharing the bounty with their fam.  Got a soft spot for orange tabbies: still miss my guy Poppy (d. 1987 age 18 yrs)  "Brrrruuuuurrp!"  "Mrrp!"

I was never as down on Milla as some here.  Yes her dependence on her children for bed-baths and parachute-like tarping was creepy, they really seemed to have a strong bond of love, except for some ongoing tension between Esau and her.

She finally got up OHA and walked and then some.  A feel-good for sure.  By the end she seems determined to prove that blonds really do have more fun!

It's not me---the keys on this laptop are sticking badly, esp.  "m" and "s".  Makes me double-check each sentence--not a bad thing.  Looks clean, but maybe husband is illicitly drinking stuff and snacking over it or he's left it open for cat exploration.

Edited by Carboncat
spellling
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Confidential to the Live Chatters: My 10-year-old orange tabby, Simon, killed the small, furry intruder before I could rescue it.

On topic: Well done, Milla!

I'm sure Simon's quite pleased with himself!

And it's so nice to see someone actually follow through with all of their promises on this show.  She has to be one of the most successful patients I've seen.

• Love 8

Have watched the episode online now -- what a success indeed! I'd put Milla up at the level of Paula Jones and Brittani Fulfer. She seems like she's really got her life back 100%.

Besides her personal recovery, it's good to know that the efforts of everyone who helped her over the years were not wasted. All of what her family, community, and medical teams have spent in terms of time, money, and efforts were a good investment. How many poundticipants can we say this about?

Well done Milla! ❤️

• Love 14

As I recall, I liked Milla the first time too.  It was horrible how her kids needed to bathe her everywere.  But her kids were really decent and kind, and weren't most of them adopted from foster homes because they were in terrible situations?  They've sure turned out great.

She's a kind person with a wonderful attitude.  I really enjoyed watching her transformation.

• Love 16
(edited)

I was so happy for Milla.  It was as if Dr. Now could barely believe it.  I think that he was deeply touched by her journey and success. He almost got emotional.   What a stark contrast to some of the more challenging patients. lol  

I almost laughed at the end when they were video chatting and she kept remembering new things that she had done.  I almost expected her to chime in, with And, oh, I'm getting my love tanked filled now too!  lol 

Was that Milla's house they showed at the end or was she living with relatives?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I was so impressed with her attitude and diligence.   Stuck to her diet like glue and worked so hard to get herself mobile.  How exciting must that first plane ride have been for her!

In the end, she now weighs 15 lbs. less than I.  Time for me to get to work.  I'll use you for inspiration, Milla!

• Love 11

The place she started from, was major bleak and we see similar every week. Usually we see the person giving up, or saying Ill do it MY way. She proves that if you stick with his program, it may take 3 years, but you can be back to being a normal person. You will always have scars and never a perfect body but you CAN get your life back.

I loved them all going canoeing! Now that was funny! 

Dr. Now did say that he offers all his patients the same, but if they succeed or not is up to what they put forth. She really is a poster child for his program. She was so cute talking to Dr. Now via video chat at the end: look what I can do! She starts jumping and twirling around. This is someone 10 YEARS bedridden! Then you look at someone like Schenee trying to tell us she is sticking with a diet, yeah right! Then you have these others still stuck in bed. Milla was addicted to her walker though and I'm glad she finally gave it the heave ho.

Brava Milla! You get yourself a new man and try the canoe again! ha ha

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

Dr. Now did say that he offers all his patients the same, but if they succeed or not is up to what they put forth. She really is a poster child for his program.

I agree with this so far as Milla and many of the poundicipants, but at the same time I do not believe that Dr. Now's program can work for all obese people. The ones with serious food addiction and/or with major psychological impairments don't do so well, because they need a different approach.

Also, I found that Dr. Now gave more services to Milla than he has to some others. For example, long stays in rehab after her surgeries, rather than being sent home (or to a hotel) after several days. I'm sure those additional services contributed to Milla's success.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

It really did seem that Milla developed a different relationship with food.  That's why I thought that she might have had the full bypass surgery, instead of the sleeve. (I missed that part, but, someone posted it was the sleeve.) It's my understanding that the relief the sleeve gives is limited to about a year, but, the bypass has a more permanent impact on your digestion and ability to overeat.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

Milla One of my least liked people in Dr Now  programs seems to have changed ? She had  used her  foster aka adopted children as personal servants for years ... I noticed her older children kept their distance during this episode ... to the point she lived in rehab for months instead with her relocated 'son' in Texas ?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, ProTourist said:

I agree with this so far as Milla and many of the poundicipants, but at the same time I do not believe that Dr. Now's program can work for all obese people. The ones with serious food addiction and/or with major psychological impairments don't do so well, because they need a different approach.

Also, I found that Dr. Now gave more services to Milla than he has to some others. For example, long stays in rehab after her surgeries, rather than being sent home (or to a hotel) after several days. I'm sure those additional services contributed to Milla's success.

I believe its more complicated than giving more,I think her 'kids' got fed up and moved on yet Milla showed real promise  and needed help .. but I think she at the end of the program look heaver than the 152 lbs she quoted to Dr.Now ?

• Love 4

I don't really remember her original episode, but I liked her in this one. She's so cute and seems sincerely thankful for all the help she received. 

However, I didn't see a single green food on the plates at any of the meals we saw her preparing/eating with her family. Everything was cheese, gravy and carbs; her kids may be skinny now due to genetics (which are not from her), but they're a risk for health problems in the future anyway.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, sempervivum said:

I don't really remember her original episode, but I liked her in this one. She's so cute and seems sincerely thankful for all the help she received. 

However, I didn't see a single green food on the plates at any of the meals we saw her preparing/eating with her family. Everything was cheese, gravy and carbs; her kids may be skinny now due to genetics (which are not from her), but they're a risk for health problems in the future anyway.

The older children are fat.. thanks to poor eating habits ..

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

The place she started from, was major bleak and we see similar every week. Usually we see the person giving up, or saying Ill do it MY way. She proves that if you stick with his program, it may take 3 years, but you can be back to being a normal person. You will always have scars and never a perfect body but you CAN get your life back.

Dr. Now did say that he offers all his patients the same, but if they succeed or not is up to what they put forth. She really is a poster child for his program. She was so cute talking to Dr. Now via video chat at the end: look what I can do! She starts jumping and twirling around. This is someone 10 YEARS bedridden! Then you look at someone like Schenee trying to tell us she is sticking with a diet, yeah right! Then you have these others still stuck in bed. Milla was addicted to her walker though and I'm glad she finally gave it the heave ho.

I have said it more than once Dr.Now is a living saint ,who goes beyond any doctor I have ever known.. in this life..  Cheers to Milla and Thank God for Dr Now.

• Love 4

Yeah, I just don't understand why so many people think that kids and teens are supposed to eat junk.  I just don't get it. Don't they know that these are the years they are building the basis of their lives?  Plus, I recently attended a conference called Taking Control Of Your Diabetes ( I'm Type I) and there is now a huge change in the way diabetes presents itself.  NOW days, there are many people getting Type I diabetes who are adults and MANY children getting Type II!!!! They had a documented case of a 7 YEAR OLD child getting Type II diabetes.  For many years, most children got Type I, but, now, it's changing.  The child was very obese and had a terrible diet.  Obesity and diet doesn't cause Type I, but, it does Type II.  I'd think the health concerns would get to them, but, it usually doesn't.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, AVM said:

Milla One of my least liked people in Dr Now  programs seems to have changed ? She had  used her  foster aka adopted children as personal servants for years ... I noticed her older children kept their distance during this episode ... to the point she lived in rehab for months instead with her relocated 'son' in Texas ?

Her older children are at different life stages.  Esau enjoyed Houston and decided to stay there.  He likely got a good job and really settled in.  Since they don't live with her any longer, to include them in the episode, they would have to go out of their way to be there during filming. Milla was in rehab because she needed their services.  I don't think it had anything to do with Esau not wanting to take her in.  Also, we don't know where he lived, how much room he had, etc. 

The older son that we saw on the show did not seem excited to be on air.  Not the first time we've seen that. Then again, guessing at his age, I don't find that unexpected. Her oldest children likely remember when she was mobile; that is, before she took to her bed. The younger children would not recall that as much.  This whole family has gone through a major transformation.   I hope they can keep it going. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I've noticed that most of the poundticipants are severely depressed.  Some of them almost never smile.  If they do smile, it rarely reaches their eyes.  I get so sad for them and I always hope that if it's clinical depression, that they are getting the medication they need. 

With clinical depression you can write a thousand letters To Whom It May Concern and it will still do nothing to alleviate that overwhelming feeling of hopelessness and dispare.  

Milla seemed to be able to at least smile and help herself when necessary.  She showed exactly what is meant when losing weight is referred to as hard work.  

It's one thing to recognize you have a problem and quite another to choose to do what it takes to get it under control.  Food...booze...drugs...hoarding...it's all a struggle when it's you and getting control over a rebellious body that has never been denied a single morsel of whatever it whines for. 

Anyway, it was wonderful to watch a success story and see the reality of what must be endured to cross the finish line and step into the winners circle with a smile and an optimistic outlook.  I wish Milla the best, because she is reaching for and attaining the best.  

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)

I was smiling during the entire episode. Still smiling. She accomplished this with a gastric sleeve. I need to rewatch to see what conditions led to her weight gain in the beginning but her (and her late husband’s) choice to open their home to at risk children shows her compassionate heart. I feel they were spared growing up in neglect and abuse of too many group homes. Now I suspect she will be able to focus on helping the younger ones change their eating habits and if needed, get counseling to work on their own issues. 

Edited by Lhamo55
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Lhamo55 said:

I was smiling during the entire episode. Still smiling. She accomplished this with a gastric sleeve. I need to rewatch to see what conditions led to her weight gain in the beginning but her (and her late husband’s) choice to open their home to at risk children shows her compassionate heart. I feel they were spared growing up in neglect and abuse of too many group homes. Now I suspect she will be able to focus on helping the younger ones change their eating habits and if needed, get counseling to work on their own issues. 

I hope so.  Normally, the poor eating habits prevail and not the good ones. That's why there is such a low long term success rate for morbidly obese people.  People lose a bunch, but, can't sustain it, due to returning to a life of poor eating.  To me, when someone has to endure something like Milli did, I would have a whole new set of standards for the food that is brought into the home.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ProTourist said:

Milla got rehab because she had both knees replaced.  If you weighed 100 lbs you'd still get that. It's not quite the same as going to rehab so that you can learn to eat right  With that logic, Sean had 10 times the resources and look what happened.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, cynicat said:

Milla got rehab because she had both knees replaced.  If you weighed 100 lbs you'd still get that. It's not quite the same as going to rehab so that you can learn to eat right  With that logic, Sean had 10 times the resources and look what happened.

Additionally, the surgeon, her staff and many others, including social workers were in charge of that  medical event, not Dr. Now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Wow, Milla. What a success. Kudos to her for doing all the work, spending time with her kids, together and individually, and going after what she missed out on for so many years.

That being said, I was really bored after the first hour.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Milla was addicted to her walker though and I'm glad she finally gave it the heave ho.

I kept wondering as we saw her progress with her walking, yet still using that walker, why the rehab folks didn't address this, or at least give her a cane instead of the walker, so she could start breaking the habit.  Good for Dr. Now for giving her that final push to get rid of it.

4 hours ago, AVM said:

.. but I think she at the end of the program look heaver than the 152 lbs she quoted to Dr.Now ?

Unfortunately I think you're right.  She was clearly heavier than when she weighed 154 at the weigh-in with Dr. Now.  But still, she is such a kick-ass example of what hard work can achieve!  Loved seeing her on the water. 

I continue to be fascinated with why she was able to be such an outstanding success story (like, the top 5% of the already extraordinary 5%), yet the vast majority of the poundticipants can't even come close.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, cynicat said:

Milla got rehab because she had both knees replaced. 

I was AMAZED at how well Milla tolerated numerous surgeries, including BILATERAL knee replacements!  

I had both hips replaced (2008 and 2017) and never went to rehab; HOWEVER, I'm getting ONE knee replaced in October, 2019 and hope to go to rehab for ONE week because I live alone and they say the knee is a more difficult rehab than the hip.

The skin removal surgeries are very devastating to the body with excruciating pain (as we saw on that show "SKIN TIGHT" where Dr. Now also appeared and also the follow-up with Dottie).  

Milla has an enviable level of resilience, perseverance and discipline!  

I noticed that when the new BF and her family went to the Italian restaurant, she chose to eat a salad.  I thought that augured well for her grasp of what is necessary to maintain her weight.

I say that from personal experience!!

• Love 10

I admit that I teared up a little during her birthday party when she walked to her chair. I well remember her first episode (I've watched it a couple times), so to see her move, even dependent on that walker, was wonderful. 

I'm actually glad we don't see much of her kids. They need to have their own lives, and she needs to be less dependent on them. She did mention that she lived with Esau for a while at the beginning before she went back home. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

So much so, and yay!  Milla! 

• Love 2

Milla was adorable. This episode is what I like to see when I watch a show like this. Success. It's all about the mind, the body and the spirit of the person creating change IF---IF, change is what they want to create. I am totally fine without snarking on a success story. Milla really made a decision and stuck to it. Pain, perseverance and a super positive attitude clearly made a difference for her.

She made my heart smile as she kept her list of promises to herself and GOT THEM DONE. When she walked her tarp in to the fire station and hugged the EMS team, i nearly lost it. That one freakin' tarp and disposal of same was really a wonderful metaphor for throwing out her past. I don't know about you, but I am not so sure I could lose 600 pounds, alter my life completely, spend countless months in rehab, be separated from my family, endure so many incredibly painful surgeries and still wear a smile on my face and twinkle in my eye.

You go Milla. Keep going, girlfriend. I for one, find you to be the best and most beautiful person and inspiration this show has created.    

• Love 24
19 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I kept wondering as we saw her progress with her walking, yet still using that walker, why the rehab folks didn't address this, or at least give her a cane instead of the walker, so she could start breaking the habit.  Good for Dr. Now for giving her that final push to get rid of it.

So glad she got to a point where she could walk totally unaided.

I think some of these patients who are learning to walk again might do better if they graduated to a wooden walking stick.   I know that when Mr.  Twopper got home from a week in the hospital fighting a nasty staph infection he needed a walker for a few days.  After that, he used a cane that my mom had inherited from someone.  He found the cane really awkward and uncomfortable so he exchanged it for the taller stick.  It seemed to help with balance and he stood straighter.  

I missed a lot of the show because we were still eating dinner when it started.  I thought I had the dvr set to record it, but I had failed to program it.  Also there was a sudden windstorm which knocked out the dish for about 10 minutes.   And I was a bit more interested in the conclusion of this season of TAR than I was of a second WATN on Milla.    I am just so glad to see a success story.  I figure as long as she can keep her weight under 180 she will be okay.  I am thinking she looks heavier than her weight because she still has places with lose skin like her lower arms and places that we don't see.

• Love 2

When I was learning to walk again, I refused to get rid of my wheelchair until I was able to walk 2 miles unaided. It was still really hard dropping it off at a charity. Their floor was sloped and it kind of spun and rolled back towards me like it didn’t want me to leave it behind. I nearly lost it. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, CatherineM said:

When I was learning to walk again, I refused to get rid of my wheelchair until I was able to walk 2 miles unaided. It was still really hard dropping it off at a charity. Their floor was sloped and it kind of spun and rolled back towards me like it didn’t want me to leave it behind. I nearly lost it. 

Was the fear of falling part of the dependency?  

(edited)
7 hours ago, Twopper said:

So glad she got to a point where she could walk totally unaided.

I think some of these patients who are learning to walk again might do better if they graduated to a wooden walking stick.   I know that when Mr.  Twopper got home from a week in the hospital fighting a nasty staph infection he needed a walker for a few days.  After that, he used a cane that my mom had inherited from someone.  He found the cane really awkward and uncomfortable so he exchanged it for the taller stick.  It seemed to help with balance and he stood straighter.  

I missed a lot of the show because we were still eating dinner when it started.  I thought I had the dvr set to record it, but I had failed to program it.  Also there was a sudden windstorm which knocked out the dish for about 10 minutes.   And I was a bit more interested in the conclusion of this season of TAR than I was of a second WATN on Milla.    I am just so glad to see a success story.  I figure as long as she can keep her weight under 180 she will be okay.  I am thinking she looks heavier than her weight because she still has places with lose skin like her lower arms and places that we don't see.

Yes, I agree about the walking stick.  I needed one post-op from spine surgery for walking,  and now my right knee and leg want to fail or skip a beat.  BTW In my "prime" I was a journeyman union carpenter (money and benefits...how else would we pay for day care when Mr. Carboncat insinuated it was time to go back to work?  Local 713!)  Cut, nailed, calked and sanded 400 linear feet a day of baseboard trim in those granite countertopped floating bamboo floored cookie-cutter condos in San Jose and San Francisco (Oh! the commute!)  All tanked in 2008.  Ruined my back.  Post surgery I used purple(!) Hurricane (the All-Terrain-Cane!)  Had to raise it up to highest;  more comfortable for walking.  Still keep it in the car, just in case, am paranoid to go to the supermarket without it, especially getting stuff off low shelves, can't get up. The taller cane is better for sure, and I'm only 5'3'' (used to be 5' 5'' don't get me started!)

Edited by Carboncat
finished thought
  • Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:17 AM, sempervivum said:

I too found this disquieting.  She must be following the diet, and I believe she must understand it:  weighing portions,  looking up calories, dealing with the reduced capacity of her stomach with Sleeve surgery and how not to endanger that etc....  She looks great! and is obviously able to Follow Directions.  Why not introduce low-fat grilled foods and healthy eating to everybody,maybe she could just eat a smaller portion?

Seems to me that "I'll just fix tamale pie (or whatever) for you, and I'll just have undressed salad"  is a set-up for failure and frustration.

By the way,  I can't get the emogies to work...I do love them esp. the "vomit/cry" and anything cats.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/28/2019 at 5:11 PM, fonfereksglen said:

Was the fear of falling part of the dependency?  

Maybe in the beginning. It was more a fear of needing to sit down to rest and not being able to find a seat. I’m a pear, so seats were always an issue. I had a burst fracture in my lower spine that originally put my mobility down. Fear of pain is often worse than the actual pain. 

I think there was a different kind of security in it too. It was familiar. As hard as giving up baggy clothes to wear ones that fit. It was a bit of a castle keeping me apart from society. People didn’t get too close. 

The funniest thing is going into my local grocery store for the first time without my chair. I couldn’t find anything. I was used to seeing the shelves sitting down. I’m actually tall for a woman. It was especially weird at the checkout. Before I had been sunk down eye level with all the candy. After I could see over the aisles. I got vertigo looking across like I was standing on a ledge of a tall building. I got afraid of heights from my natural height standing up. 

Edited by CatherineM
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8

It makes you see that a bed bound 700 pound person does have the possibility of getting up and leading  a normal life. I wonder if any of them (James K, schenee, Jeanne) will watch this episode. It's too late for Lisa, but she was another bed bound one. As Dr. Now says though, a lot of them like getting waited on hand and foot. They only seek help when they have some kind of maggots or infections in their "folds".

• Love 7

I actually would not mind another follow up to see how she is coping without all the intensive support and accountability, and to see where her weight stabilizes.

Those firemen were precious.

Has Dr. Now hugged anyone before? He did NOT seem like a natural hugger. I notice he still shook her hand after the hug. He's adorkable. 

I felt sad for that other gal though. Was it Brittney? Who also worked that hard, but for some reason her legs remained huge and very out of balance with her new skinny body. That has to be gutting.

• Love 6

Finally got around to watching this. It was very gratifying finally seeing someone who embraced the opportunities given to them and ran with them. Milla did very, very well, and she deserves to be very proud of herself. Her progress is astounding.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Milla on the family date with her new beau was a little strange. But, I am happy she is out dating again. 

I thought that too about the date scenes,  but it must be awkward to have a camera crew in your face when you're going out to dinner.  Good going, Milla!

• Love 2
(edited)

Actually, if that's Milla's house that we're seeing on the episode when she moved home, I'm glad she met the date outside the house.   That place is lovely, and it might not be a good idea to advertise what a nice house she has.  

I don't know how accurate it is, but some articles claim her total weight loss is the highest amount in the show history.    Her weight loss is an amazing accomplishment, and I wish her all the best on her continued progress.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Hoping someone can answer this question for me.  In the WATN episodes, Milla looks like she is around 60 years old.  But when they showed the original episode and she was fat, she looked like she was in her 30s.  So how old is she?

49 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Hoping someone can answer this question for me.  In the WATN episodes, Milla looks like she is around 60 years old.  But when they showed the original episode and she was fat, she looked like she was in her 30s.  So how old is she?

According to her personal FB page, Milla turned 51 last week.

• Useful 1
On 7/1/2019 at 11:43 AM, TVbitch said:

I actually would not mind another follow up to see how she is coping without all the intensive support and accountability, and to see where her weight stabilizes.

Has Dr. Now hugged anyone before? He did NOT seem like a natural hugger. I notice he still shook her hand after the hug. He's adorkable. 

I felt sad for that other gal though. Was it Brittney? Who also worked that hard, but for some reason her legs remained huge and very out of balance with her new skinny body. That has to be gutting.

Thanks for mentioning Brittany. I was commenting on the June, Chad and Pauline topic about how there's not much that can be done to normalize those types of legs. It was driving me crazy that I could remember her face and what a great success she was but she also seemed destined to be stuck with those legs. Gutting indeed.

• Love 1
On 7/1/2019 at 10:43 AM, TVbitch said:

I think I have seen at least 2 people ask for hugs. 

yes, Brittany has those huge legs still as did the woman in the first episodes with Melissa.  I think her name was Ashley, and her mom was really awful to her.   Another one I think was Amber.

I vote for another follow-up when she turns 53.  I think Jeanne, James K, and several others should have to watch Milla 24/7

I was disappointed there wasn't more filmed of her first airline ride.   They spent a lot more time on Lee's first plane ride which bugged me because I dislike him so much.   It was a bonus scene in the Super Morbid Edition of his WATN.  I complained in my post about it.

• Love 3

Did anybody else see the Where Are They Now or whatever it's called episode about Milla and Charity?  It followed Milla for a couple more years, at the end of which she was able finally to get up and walk in a hospital corridor using some kind of specialized walker.  Dr. Now says he thinks she'll be able to walk unassisted in a year.

What I want to know is whether it was ever explained why she couldn't walk--she lost 200 lbs and still couldn't support her own weight.  Maybe her leg muscles had atrophied?  I recall a couple of other poundtestants who couldn't walk and Dr. Now was very impatient and even angry with them, telling them there was no reason they couldn't walk, they just didn't want to, all in their head, etc., but it seems to me he was always understanding about Milla's inability to walk.