Type keyword(s) to search

Laura & Aladin: A Whole New World (of Shit)

• Start Topic

On 4/30/2020 at 2:22 AM, mamadrama said:

An official reason was never given, but Laura was adamant that the divorce was unexpectedly sprung on her during the Tell All and that Aladin was angry because she'd left their apartment on her own and was gone for awhile (he claims he was worried). So I think there was more to it. At the time some of us thought that she'd lied to him about being an American citizen and had told him she could bring him over on a spousal visa when, in reality, she couldn't. 

Divorce is a huge deal in Islam. I don't think he'd do it over one argument.

A bit late to respond to this but I agree:  There was A LOT more - perhaps her insistence on making and consuming wine in their home, going out for coffee more than once, perhaps an interest in other men?  I dunno - but I agree that most people don't divorce over going out for coffee and not leaving a note.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
On 12/16/2019 at 9:49 PM, Spike said:

Laura and Evelin had a big fight because Laura was trying to break up Corey and Evelin.  Something about Laura wanting to be roommates with Corey or wanting to take Corey’s place in a roommate situation.  Corey and Evelin are living separately in Ecuador because she is mad about his involvement with Larissa.

Laura did not get paid for her season because she gave out spoilers during the season.  Laura is trying to get on another season so wanted to date Raoul but Evelin thinks he is part of her storyline and Sharp doesn’t like the storylines to cross.

Danielle was dating a fat older rich man but then he became smitten with Laura and flew to Ecuador to visit her.  Laura wasn’t interested in him romantically but Danielle was jealous and blowing up his phone.  Laura then tried to get Mohammed to start trashing Danielle.  

No one in Laura’s family is speaking to her. The tell all was much more brutal than shown with Liam guffawing.  There is more but that is the gist.

Oh wow, I was trying to remember last night what happened in Ecuador, now I understand why nobody there was the least bit concerned with her. Evelin isn't about to let her step into her cash stream and I can't say I blame her.

And this also explains why Corey moved into that room upon his return to Engabao.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I wonder if the Liam in Florida footage was old, and filmed before she went overseas the first time? OK, alternate theory, filmed right after the Tell Nothing.      According to rumors on here, and other places, Laura's pension was sharply reduced, and I recall someone (maybe an ex posted things) saying she owes back child support or something.   

My understanding was that Laura stayed way beyond her visa date, and that means she's not eligible for a visitor or resident visa for years, if at all.    There is no way Laura got back in the U.S. on an expired visa.       

Also, I think that there were allegations that Laura was working illegally in the U.S. even after she was overstaying her visa.   So that's a lot of years added to her U.S. visa ban. 

Also, I think Laura knew about the divorce long before the tell all.   She left Aladin behind, and I bet that was after he found out a lot about her past.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, not you again said:

So, I saw Laura in a 90DF "update" show yesterday afternoon, and there was Laura back home in Florida, with Liam, who was soon going to move to Canada to live with his dad.  I thought Laura couldn't get back into the US?  I thought she was living in Belize?  wtf?

I read somewhere that she couldn’t fly in so she drove in through the Canadian border.  She is a Canadian citizen but doesn’t want to live there because she owes huge sums of child support for another kid who is younger than Liam.  After Liam moved to Canada she moved to Ecuador to sponge off Evelin but then they had a falling out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, not you again said:

And the US let her back in?  I've never crossed any border, and have never been in trouble with the law, but I can just see me coming back from abroad and being taken physically taken to the ground and handcuffed for a long-forgotten overdue library book, thank you note, etc.  🤣

I'm confused too.  So she can just slip in by car and nobody is the wiser?  

I think it's probably true Aladdin divorced Laura for all her lies, she lied about almost everything:  her age,( originally said she was early 40s), her immigration status,  her income.  Now she's broke and homeless and Aladdin couldn't care less.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, not you again said:

And the US let her back in?  I've never crossed any border, and have never been in trouble with the law, but I can just see me coming back from abroad and being physically taken to the ground and handcuffed for a long-forgotten overdue library book, thank you note, etc.  🤣

I think people can cross easily away from official checkpoints.  There isn’t the same kind of vigilance as at our other border.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, not you again said:

So, I saw Laura in a 90DF "update" show yesterday afternoon, and there was Laura back home in Florida, with Liam, who was soon going to move to Canada to live with his dad.  I thought Laura couldn't get back into the US?  I thought she was living in Belize?  wtf?

She was in Ecuador, but I feel your confusion. If she really sneaked back in then why allow television filming? I know she's not the brightest, but still...

• Love 1

Interesting that in her Quarantine installment last night Laura made no mention of why she picked Ecuador of all places.  She now claims she wants to return to Canada, although on What Now she claimed it was too expensive.

26 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

She was in Ecuador, but I feel your confusion. If she really sneaked back in then why allow television filming? I know she's not the brightest, but still...

Florida was after the Tell All but before Ecuador.  On Quarantine last night she claimed to have been in Ecuador for six months now and missed the last plane out.  

• Love 5
15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Florida was after the Tell All but before Ecuador.  On Quarantine last night she claimed to have been in Ecuador for six months now and missed the last plane out.  

That's what I thought, too.   She applied for funds for the last flight out, but they weren't deposited in time for her to book a seat.  The flight had sold out.   I have no idea if there was a later flight out that was scheduled after filming, and she flew out then. 

She will be quarantined with her purple friend, so there's that.   I have trouble finding the least bit of sympathy for her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I ask myself over these fools every. Damn. Day.

It's a variation on soap operas, bread and circuses, and the side freak shows at the fair.

They give us something to talk about online?   The only person I know in real life who admits to watching this particular show is my niece who annoys me by texting during the show.  I will give her a pass during this quarantine as she lives by herself, but it interrupts my live chatting.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

That's what I thought, too.   She applied for funds for the last flight out, but they weren't deposited in time for her to book a seat.  The flight had sold out.   I have no idea if there was a later flight out that was scheduled after filming, and she flew out then. 

She will be quarantined with her purple friend, so there's that.   I have trouble finding the least bit of sympathy for her.

I was worried that she would abandon her dog - I'm sure she would have to pay extra to fly it home with her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

She will be quarantined with her purple friend, so there's that.

I was hoping she washed it before showing it on tv.

37 minutes ago, Twopper said:

It's a variation on soap operas, bread and circuses, and the side freak shows at the fair.

They give us something to talk about online?   The only person I know in real life who admits to watching this particular show is my niece who annoys me by texting during the show.  I will give her a pass during this quarantine as she lives by herself, but it interrupts my live chatting.

Everyone denies watching but when you start talking about particular couples they chime in and claim to have supposedly caught peeks while channel surfing lol.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I was hoping she washed it before showing it on tv.

Everyone denies watching but when you start talking about particular couples they chime in and claim to have supposedly caught peeks while channel surfing lol.

I caught my ex husband completely engrossed in it more than once, although of course he "would never!". He wasn't even trying to look away😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

I figured the timeline was that she didn't move to Tunisia (negating the whole premise of "The Other Way") and had returned to Florida but traveled to NY for the Tell All filming. Her US visa had or was expiring so Evelin suggested she come to Ecuador where she could escape the legal and financial issues that were waiting for her back home in Canada. She could live in "Paradise" cheaply on her 90 Day money. After the Tell All, she went back briefly to Florida to move out of her apartment, Liam returned to his father's in Canada but Laura and the dog went to Ecuador (where she's been for six months.) 

What drove me crazy was why did she have to wait for the money to be in her bank account before she bought an airline ticket? Unless her credit cards were totally maxed out (which is entirely possible) why didn't she just charge the ticket, get back to Canada and then worry about repaying for the ticket? Could anybody be that naive to think that you could get on the last flight out of the country by reserving your seat just the day before? Furthermore, did she really think she'd be able to get a pitbull on the plane with her? Was she just planning on abandoning the dog? (that reminds me, wasn't there something about planning to put the dog down before she went to Tunisia because she couldn't re-home it?) That's why I think it was all staged drama and she's still Ecuador with no plans to return to Canada. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think their plan was to live in Dubai where he is employed.  They just went to Tunisia for the wedding.  

oh that's right. Either place, the idea was "the other way" as opposed to bringing your foreign fiance/husband to the US (which was never an option anyway as she's Canadian.) 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Mr TWoPper and I finished binge watching some episodes of Westworld or Homeland, and I flipped over to a recorded episode of Pillow Talk.  I thought he would leave to go to the computer, the kitchen, the piano, or the other tv, but he sat transfixed through the entire episode.    I notice now when I watch that he tries to cover his eyes when he passes by

4 hours ago, magemaud said:

What drove me crazy was why did she have to wait for the money to be in her bank account before she bought an airline ticket? Unless her credit cards were totally maxed out (which is entirely possible) why didn't she just charge the ticket, get back to Canada and then worry about repaying for the ticket? Could anybody be that naive to think that you could get on the last flight out of the country by reserving your seat just the day before? Furthermore, did she really think she'd be able to get a pitbull on the plane with her? Was she just planning on abandoning the dog? (that reminds me, wasn't there something about planning to put the dog down before she went to Tunisia because she couldn't re-home it?) That's why I think it was all staged drama and she's still Ecuador with no plans to return to Canada. 

I think the plane was sent at the last moment so it wasn't like she could make reservations very much in advance.  I seem to recall that she sounded like she was already in financial difficulty in Florida.  Her cards were probably maxed out for the amount it would cost.  It would seem to me that once she got okayed for the hardship grant that there should have been a way for it to go directly to the airline and she would be assigned a seat.  It just seemed an unnecessarily cumbersome procedure for an emergency exit from Ecuador.  I did wonder if the guy she was talking to online that lived in another town was able to make the flight out.  I doubt there was extra money for the dog, but she brought it with her so she should at least take it home with her.   I suppose she is still there. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

I figured the timeline was that she didn't move to Tunisia (negating the whole premise of "The Other Way") and had returned to Florida but traveled to NY for the Tell All filming. Her US visa had or was expiring so Evelin suggested she come to Ecuador where she could escape the legal and financial issues that were waiting for her back home in Canada. She could live in "Paradise" cheaply on her 90 Day money. After the Tell All, she went back briefly to Florida to move out of her apartment, Liam returned to his father's in Canada but Laura and the dog went to Ecuador (where she's been for six months.) 

I just assumed that her credit cards were maxed out or that she didn’t have enough remaining credit to be able to purchase the ticket without cash. 

I don’t know that she anticipated the dog going on the plane with her but maybe transporting as cargo - which I would never, ever want to do with one of mine, but it is better than abandoning it or even worse, putting the dog down. I hadn’t heard that she was thinking of that... that would be awful.

• Love 5
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I think the plane was sent at the last moment so it wasn't like she could make reservations very much in advance. 

What I meant was, she learned about the flight far enough in advance to apply for the loan and wait for the approval but waited until the money was in her account to attempt to book the flight. 

32 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I doubt there was extra money for the dog, but she brought it with her so she should at least take it home with her. 

someone up thread said you aren't allowed to bring pit bulls into Canada. 

Also, I paused the partially blurred out screen on the bank transaction  and it showed something like $ 315, then a number about $ 1300 then a total of the two numbers. I guess the three hundred plus was the balance in the account before the travel money cleared. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
(edited)

Because of the breed of the dogs, and their history of aggression with one, the dogs couldn't go to Canada with Liam.   I think they live in a town or province that bans Pit Bulls, except with huge requirements to keep the animals.      Supposedly they rehomed one, and the other one was put down.    If I recall correctly, Liam was going home to go to nursing school. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Because of the breed of the dogs, and their history of aggression with one, the dogs couldn't go to Canada with Liam.    Supposedly they rehomed one, and the other one was put down.  

That makes me sad.   I think it is awful  and stupid to get the kind of dog you can't have in your home country just in case you need to move back (unless the law was made after she got the dogs).  This makes me dislike her even more.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

Mr TWoPper and I finished binge watching some episodes of Westworld or Homeland, and I flipped over to a recorded episode of Pillow Talk.  I thought he would leave to go to the computer, the kitchen, the piano, or the other tv, but he sat transfixed through the entire episode.    I notice now when I watch that he tries to cover his eyes when he passes by

I think the plane was sent at the last moment so it wasn't like she could make reservations very much in advance.  I seem to recall that she sounded like she was already in financial difficulty in Florida.  Her cards were probably maxed out for the amount it would cost.  It would seem to me that once she got okayed for the hardship grant that there should have been a way for it to go directly to the airline and she would be assigned a seat.  It just seemed an unnecessarily cumbersome procedure for an emergency exit from Ecuador.  I did wonder if the guy she was talking to online that lived in another town was able to make the flight out.  I doubt there was extra money for the dog, but she brought it with her so she should at least take it home with her.   I suppose she is still there. 

I don’t buy that she was in any more danger there than anywhere else.  She was living alone in a nice condo so easy to social distance.  The supermarket was doing temperature checks which is more than mine does.  If she is lonely she will be anywhere because she cannot keep friends and even alienated her own son.

58 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Because of the breed of the dogs, and their history of aggression with one, the dogs couldn't go to Canada with Liam.    Supposedly they rehomed one, and the other one was put down.  

He was trying to rehome them for high fees so I’m not surprised they were not successful with two out of three.

• Love 5

I believe Laura lives in Toronto and would not have been able to bring the dog with her 

“BRINGING PETS INTO ONTARIO

All animals are subject to veterinary inspection on arrival in Canada, and information about this procedure is available through Canada Food Inspection Agency. Currently Ontario has a ban on the import of pit bull terrier breeds into the province...

• Love 3

What a freakin' mess this chick is.

She should NEVER have a dog, in fact any pet. She has an unstable lifestyle, shaky finances, no home, no friends except the 25 yr old zoom date from California who hid his face from the camera. Poor Emerald. Must of cost a fortune to fly her there. Glad I knew the back story with the mormon and the "lovely" bartender before I saw her quarantine episode. Thought she couldn't go back to Canada because she owed so much child support.

Gotta say, feeling good about my life watching these fools.

• Love 4

I don’t buy that she was in any more danger there than anywhere else.  She was living alone in a nice condo so easy to social distance.  The supermarket was doing temperature checks which is more than mine does.  If she is lonely she will be anywhere because she cannot keep friends and even alienated her own son.

Did she say that she was afraid in Ecuador? I thought she wanted to go home because she was bored and lonely, not because she was afraid. Oh - and also her visa was about to expire or had expired or whatever. Her limited income would go farther in Ecuador - she should stay there if she can. 

Poor Emerald. I hope Laura made good arrangements for her. I worry about the dog.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Did she say that she was afraid in Ecuador? I thought she wanted to go home because she was bored and lonely, not because she was afraid. Oh - and also her visa was about to expire or had expired or whatever. Her limited income would go farther in Ecuador - she should stay there if she can. 

Poor Emerald. I hope Laura made good arrangements for her. I worry about the dog.

She said she wanted to leave right after her friend was claiming bodies were being stacked in piles in the street.

• Love 1

I'm surprised by the people on Reddit who are shocked that Laura doesn't have a credit card. Some people don't. My husband's never had one and I haven't in years. I just prefer to pay cash. Also, expecting Laura to have emergency funds...my expectations for her are much lower.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I'm surprised by the people on Reddit who are shocked that Laura doesn't have a credit card. Some people don't. My husband's never had one and I haven't in years. I just prefer to pay cash. Also, expecting Laura to have emergency funds...my expectations for her are much lower.

I think it's more likely that she has a credit card but that it's maxed out. 

I'm curious, mamadrama - when you say you pay cash, do you literally mean paper money? Or do you have a debit card? I'm thinking that you could easily live on cash in the US but traveling overseas without plastic is maybe not wise - if your cash is lost or stolen, or if you are in a place that doesn't take US currency, you're really stuck.

My father (who would be in his 90s if he were still alive), didn't have a credit card for years because, as a proud self-described cheapskate, he refused to "pay money to use his own money." Once someone offered him a credit card with no fee, he accepted it but paid it in full every month. He still preferred cash though.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

My hubby never had one for years (like 18, 19) and was a renter.  He went to apply for a mortgage and oopsy daisy he had no credit rating.  He thought who needs a credit card, I hate accruing interest.   Well when it was time to apply for a mortgage......well you all know the rest.  He had to put it off for a year to show he could manage credit.  Not sure how he rented a car or any of that, I was not with him then, lol.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

My hubby never had one for years (like 18, 19) and was a renter.  He went to apply for a mortgage and oopsy daisy he had no credit rating.  He thought who needs a credit card, I hate accruing interest.   Well when it was time to apply for a mortgage......well you all know the rest.  He had to put it off for a year to show he could manage credit.  Not sure how he rented a car or any of that, I was not with him then, lol.

Sometimes having no credit is worse than having poor credit when you're trying to finance something.  Credit cards can definitely help, and be a fast way, to build your credit up. I know some people who have them for that reason alone. They're not the only way, though. A history of paying secured debt off, or at least on time, is also good. 

When I rent a car from home I go through Enterprise. I don't need a credit card or deposit, I just have to bring a copy of my utility bill. When I travel and rent a car I generally go through a company that will accept a debit card and a small deposit, usually around $100. It depends on the office. Sometimes Alamo will let me rent without a deposit at all because I've had a long relationship with them. 

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think it's more likely that she has a credit card but that it's maxed out. 

I'm curious, mamadrama - when you say you pay cash, do you literally mean paper money? Or do you have a debit card? I'm thinking that you could easily live on cash in the US but traveling overseas without plastic is maybe not wise - if your cash is lost or stolen, or if you are in a place that doesn't take US currency, you're really stuck.

My father (who would be in his 90s if he were still alive), didn't have a credit card for years because, as a proud self-described cheapskate, he refused to "pay money to use his own money." Once someone offered him a credit card with no fee, he accepted it but paid it in full every month. He still preferred cash though

"Cash" referring to money that I already have, money as in what's in in my bank account. Money I don't have to pay back.

I was a travel writer based abroad for years. I worked as a reviewer for one of the biggest, maybe THE biggest, budget travel series. It required me to stay in multiple hotels throughout the month. I have lived in several different countries. I got my MA in the UK. I travel frequently abroad for work.

I've never once had an issue because I didn't have a credit card. It's not been an inconvenience in the slightest. 

I know it may sound weird, but we gave up a lot of things like that. I don't even have a cell phone and haven't in several years. More and more, Millennials and the upcoming generation are starting to give up things that. We have many friends, mostly younger, who live as offgrid as possible without cell phones, electricity (generators), plumbing (compost toilets), etc yet still hold good jobs and travel. Some don't even have bank accounts anymore-they put their money on prepaid debit cards when they need to book airline tickets or whatever. It's possible to live without them, you just have to be a little more creative sometimes. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 2

"Cash" referring to money that I already have, money as in what's in in my bank account. Money I don't have to pay back.

Got it. I wasn't sure if you meant "no plastic" as in "no debit card, paper money and coin only" or if you meant "don't take on debt." Thanks for clarifying!

• Love 2

I don't think Laura had any intention in the episode of leaving Ecuador due to the dog. 

I don't know where she actually got that money from but I don't think it was for the relief fund to bring back Canadians back home.

Anyone know where her current whereabouts are?

• Love 1
On 5/20/2020 at 8:36 PM, Twopper said:

That makes me sad.   I think it is awful  and stupid to get the kind of dog you can't have in your home country just in case you need to move back (unless the law was made after she got the dogs).  This makes me dislike her even more.

People like Laura like dogs like that because they get a feeling of power from owning a dog that can go South hard and fast. She does not have the brains, sense, or physical activity level to own a dog that requires a strong owner who recognizes that her terrier/bulldog/Cane Corso or whatever cross is nice until it isn’t.  She’s a straight up old fool who should be caring more about the human child she isn’t providing for over a damn mutt she isn’t caring for correctly anyway. I hate when people use dogs as surrogates for people. It’s hard on the dog, especially a dumb one like hers. Fur baby until it shreds a child. Not worth the risk. Just get a damn pug. 

• Love 2
On 5/22/2020 at 10:43 AM, mamadrama said:

That is the exception, not the norm. Most people have debit cards. Just because a few millennials are living off the grid does not mean the majority does. The percentage of people under 65 without cell phones or some type of plastic is very small. Yes, it’s very unusual today for anyone not to have either. 

• Love 2

Everything I buy - and a lot of my regular monthly expenses - goes on my credit card, and then I get points or cash-back.

We pay everything off every month.  Can't remember the last time we paid interest on anything.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Everything I buy - and a lot of my regular monthly expenses - goes on my credit card, and then I get points or cash-back.

We pay everything off every month.  Can't remember the last time we paid interest on anything.

Yeah the businesses pay a commission on every charge so while credit card companies prefer that the consumer pay interest they won’t drop you over that because they still are making money off the transactions.  That’s why some gas stations used to charge less for cash purchases.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

I don't know where she actually got that money from but I don't think it was for the relief fund to bring back Canadians back home.

Anyone know where her current whereabouts are?

She made it sound like her "hot" Prime Minister personally sent her the funds. 

Since the Self-Quarantined episodes were filmed quite recently, I believe she's still in Ecuador. The Sharp paycheck for her appearance must go much farther there. But I wonder if she can keep the relief money if she doesn't use it to return to Canada. 

• Love 4
On 5/21/2020 at 5:28 AM, NannyBails said:

I'll take Emerald!!!  Not for a high fee, though. 

Yeah, liam was trying to charge like $700 for that dog with very strict disclaimers about what kind of house the dog could be in because it had been poorly trained and had instances of past violence. 

He would have been lucky to find anyone to take on the liability of a dog with a violent history.  And then he expected to find someone to pay $700 for the privilege.  

• Love 4
On 5/21/2020 at 12:46 PM, MrBuhBye said:

She said she wanted to leave right after her friend was claiming bodies were being stacked in piles in the street.

I have read a few blogs where people mentioned the bodies in the streets in one of the towns or cities, but I can't recall which one it was.  It sounds like remaining in Ecuador --at least in many parts--is a dreary existence.   One person mentioned a curfew from 2pm to 5 am.   Another person mentioned that a store he went to had closed; he thought the owner had died, but that the bodies were no longer in the streets.  The major international  airport was closed, and there are shortages of food and supplies.   If her ex-pat friends have all departed, I am sure she is miserable there.   If she were smart, she would at least spend the time learning to speak and read Spanish. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah the businesses pay a commission on every charge so while credit card companies prefer that the consumer pay interest they won’t drop you over that because they still are making money off the transactions.  That’s why some gas stations used to charge less for cash purchases.

Many still do.

29 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Yeah, liam was trying to charge like $700 for that dog with very strict disclaimers about what kind of house the dog could be in because it had been poorly trained and had instances of past violence. 

He would have been lucky to find anyone to take on the liability of a dog with a violent history.  And then he expected to find someone to pay $700 for the privilege.  

People claim rehoming fees are to protect the dog but I have a feeling Liam hoped to cover his moving expenses that way.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, MrBuhBye said:

People claim rehoming fees are to protect the dog but I have a feeling Liam hoped to cover his moving expenses that way.  

I can understand that reasoning, particularly since the breed in question was a pitbull and it could have easily gone to a fighting pit if it was just "free.". I've also seen tiger king and so I realize that a "free dog" can just be " free gator dinner"

I think if Liam wanted to avoid sending emerald into a situation like that, he should have given her away for free but then scrupulously screened potential owners.  Do they have a house or room for a dog?  Do they have kids?  Do they have the dogs triggers?  Are they able to afford a dog?  Can they give you a reason why they want this dog?  Do they have anything for a dog?  If you're in the market for a dog, you can at least have a few things picked out in anticipation.  

No matter what you do, sadly there is a chance you'll send a dog into a bad situation.  

But it doesn't sound like Liam ever tried to find a rescue for the dog which, I believe would have been the best way to protect it's safety.  From what I've heard they charge rehoming fees, they screen applicants and they allow the dog to be returned if it's not a good fit.  

There is a chance, even if emerald was free that she may get adopted and it's a bad fit or a situation arises that makes the situation untenable.  And THAT person just wants to give the dog away for free because they can't return it to Liam. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I can understand that reasoning, particularly since the breed in question was a pitbull and it could have easily gone to a fighting pit if it was just "free.". I've also seen tiger king and so I realize that a "free dog" can just be " free gator dinner"

More likely "free tiger dinner."

• LOL 2
  • Love 2