Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, link417 said:

I’m glad Homicidal Helen didn’t get her precious Nescafé (Napster, neti potski, Netscape, Netflix-y . . .) in the end (not in one piece, anyway). 

Me too. She was awful. Have we seen her before?

11 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I did laugh when the kids kept coming back to her apartment, and she was like 'oh ok. We can have the pasta I guess.'

Kathleen was a great character. She can come back anytime.

I know that Tina went overboard trying to get Kathleen and Teddy together, but I liked that she saw a connection immediately. It might not be a budding romance, but they can at least be friends.

It's nice seeing Teddy be competent and relatively normal.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Me too. She was awful. Have we seen her before?

I can’t remember the season/episode number but she’s the woman who owned the beach house that Teddy looked after and the Belchers tagged along once. She maybe, possibly, definitely pushed her husband off the roof and Linda + the kids suspected her at first but Bob was too high on pain pills to see the truth.

• Love 3

I have never identified a celebrity voice faster than Sharon Horgan as Kathleen (second, perhaps, only to Bill Hader).

I really enjoyed this episode, I loved Gene's "I need to hold you now!" to Bob. He loves his parents, but we only see it sporadically.

The animation was stunning in this episode, so detailed.

• Love 3

A Valentine's Day fight between Bob and Linda has the kids feeling confused. After a failed attempt to see a movie, it's up to Tina, Louise and Gene to tell their own story as a distraction from the awkward tension.

Airs February 10, 2019.

On 1/14/2019 at 4:11 PM, Therumbarrel said:

Did anyone catch the closing credits? I thought it was very cool to have the family sing together to "You Make Loving Fun." That was totally awesome! 

It was cute when Bob changed the lyrics to “Gene, you make loving fun / My son, you make loving fun.” 👨‍👦

• Love 2
On 12/10/2018 at 1:27 AM, PinkRibbons said:

I still can't figure out how Linda actually made a stitch, but then again they seemed to be knitting in the English method and I'm a Continental Knitter.

I am an English-style knitter who thought they were doing continental! The working yarn was in wrapped around fingers on their left hands, at any rate.

1138797.jpg

On 12/9/2018 at 9:01 PM, Galileo908 said:

The Smilla's Sense of Snowpeas Burger

I didn't get this at all and had to resort to looking it up. There's a movie called Smilla's Sense of Snow. 

• Love 1

Neighbor: Beverly Hills Cups

Expensive Cups

Exterminator: The Mouse That Jack Kill-t

Burger(s) of The Day:

"He puts the glammer in stammer."

Oh, it's a three shorts episode, each kid finishes the movie, not unlike Mother's Day and the plays. And that the kids use all the elements from Bob and Linda's fight in their stories is like The Gayle Tales when Gayle demanded Scott Bakula in every story.

Gene's Story: Oh my god I loved this. I wish the rest of the episode was this. Of course he would turn a British romcom into Speed.

"Don't bridge-splain me, father!"

Tina's Story: Tina's part focuses on butts and being fancy, of course. And that would of course turn into Titanic.

"Nobility makeover!"
"Yay."

I loved "Pub Penis" and "Ordinary Skin Syndrome."

Louise's Story: And we end with a disaster movie. The Laundry-nado was great.

"'Ello. Football to ya."

Lot of Bob "Mmms" in this one.

• Love 4

Holy shit, I was crying. What makes it work is Louise's no nonsense - 'yes, she's Paula McCartney!' 

The Beefeater actually eating beef. Duke of Douchebury!

That's a long walk to go for a 'fire in a crowded theater'.

I liked that Linda and Bob were into the story but also were being meta about the movie. 

I kind of like how the kids were kind of snippy at Linda and Bob. 

I also liked how the soccer hooligan was in each story.

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 3

I loved the stories. "Turns out he's not dead, TINA...." And "on the scale of one to Sir Michael Bolton...." 

Also, usually I just Tivo, but tonight I was watching live, so I actually saw H. Jon Benjamin's two Arby's commercials during the show, and recognized his voice. It never hit me before! And it's been going on for six months???

• Love 2

Great episode, and a really smart move on the writers' part imo. The last two Valentines episodes were phenomenal (I maintain they were robbed of that Emmy for V for Valentine-Detta), so I'm glad that instead of trying to top them they went for a different format and took the pressure off.

The Laundry Fight reminded me of Everybody Loves Raymond's suitcase fight, where they fight for weeks over who moves a suitcase and it is so stupid but so real.

I love that they didn't go for Tina being the one to tie up the story and make everything perfect and romantic. It was a nice surprise to see Louise be the one to get through to Bob and Linda.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

The Laundry Fight reminded me of Everybody Loves Raymond's suitcase fight, where they fight for weeks over who moves a suitcase and it is so stupid but so real.

I thought of that, too.

What a fantastic ep. It took me a long time to stop laughing when Tina said, "Seamen spill out all over the deck." Even now I'm laughing.

I like how the kids' movies had bits of other movies in them -- Speed, Titanic, The King's Speech, Sharknado (I guess). Each story was so much fun.

Love when Scott John Dansteve stood up on the boat and crossed his legs.

Gene: Rom-com thank you mom.

Louise: Then Big Ben is swooped up, the clock AND the guy.

Linda: What's with all the sister whisper back there?

• Love 1

That was such a great episode, I loved all of the stories, and the silly but so very true fight between Bob and Linda. And I love that Louise was the one who got through to them, and brought the whole story together. And that Bob and Linda ended up getting into the story, even as that were all meta and commenting on the many strange turns the story has taken. 

"It swooped up Big Ben, the place AND the guy!" 

Professor Dumbledore! So many great lines this week. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

Tina, discouraged by not being asked to prom by Jimmy Jr., forms an unhealthy attachment to a goose from the nearby park. Meanwhile, Linda joins a dating app to help Gretchen find a match.

Airs February 17, 2019.

Neighbor: Big Old Kitties

Senior Cat Adoption Agency

Exterminator: Rats What She Said

Burger(s) of The Day: The Throw Your Hands in The Gruyere Burger, The Sealed with a Swiss Burger, The Two Left Beet Burger (Continuity alert: It switched back to the Swiss burger in the bathroom scene), The I Love You Just The Whey You Are Burger

Man, Tina should really stop with J-Ju. He's just not that into her. Yeah, even if he did just hide his butt stuff from Tina, that was still uncool. She was better off taking Bruce The Goose to the dance. It reminded me of Gene's relationship with the toilet. But where Gene was a dad to the toilet, Tina just...falls for the goose.

Bob hissing like a goose was everything, and liking the weird duck at the park at the end was the perfect cap to the episode.

The plot with Gretchen was a nice change of pace from all the Teddy stories. I'd say she's Linda's Teddy, but she's got more of her act together. She's just so perfectly her.

"We should call Canada 'Manada' and send all men there, and then never go there." 

"And I'm going to finish DAD'S dinner in MY room!" again, Gene killing it with one liners.

• Love 6

I like how Bob is so over whenever Tina talks about boys or butts, and how he just rolls with Louise - I'll probably just wear a suit. I did like that Bob didn't get on Linda's case about meddling but just talked to her. 

Bob was not having any of the kids covering for Tina without demanding anything. 

Tina needs to move on from Jimmy Jr. This is been going on too long. 

The joke about the airport guy having too much baggage. Too much. 

That park looks nice though. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 4

Not much of a fan of the Bruce the Goose storyline. (And I agree that “V for Valentine-detta” was robbed!) But the end song and dance was fun.

Shout out to this ep’s storefronts: Dirty Pantsing Laundromat and A Jar Is Born Baby Food.

I use “fustercluck” when trying to keep it clean, but thanks to Louise I will now have “clusterfart” in my arsenal as well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Louis: "So dad, what are you gonna wear to Gene and Moms wedding?"

Bob: "I dont know...a tux?"

"I kinda like that weird duck over there."

I love how Bob just kind of rolls with whatever weird stuff is going on, but will still give some solid perspective, like with Linda and Gretchen. Except when it comes to Tina and her butt stuff and erotic friend fiction. Then its the hardest NO in the world. 

The baby Tina/Bruce hybrids were both cute and creepy.

• Love 5

Tina just gets creepier and more disgusting with every episode. They need to stop the character's stalking of Jimmy Junior. It's not funny at all. Linda and Bob need to start teaching her about boundaries or she's going to turn into Amy Farrah Fowler from "The Big Bang Theory."

I liked the focus on Gretchen, even if she's too lewd and crude for my tastes. At least we weren't subjected to another "Teddy is psychotic" episode.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 1
On 2/10/2019 at 10:25 PM, Mystery said:

I loved the stories. "Turns out he's not dead, TINA...." And "on the scale of one to Sir Michael Bolton...." 

Also, usually I just Tivo, but tonight I was watching live, so I actually saw H. Jon Benjamin's two Arby's commercials during the show, and recognized his voice. It never hit me before! And it's been going on for six months???

We were watching Archer and said "all i can hear is Bob" lol

• Love 2
On 2/18/2019 at 5:05 PM, tennisgurl said:

I love how Bob just kind of rolls with whatever weird stuff is going on

Bob: The end.

Loved that.

Linda: Which one of these eligible bachelors is going to be your matchela?

Gene: You goose goose duck duck ducked us over.

Louise: She's becoming a Bruce recluse.

I didn't think Tina was so bad with Jimmy Jr this ep. He said they'd go to the dance together, but then he said no. I understand her getting so bent out of shape.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I didn't think Tina was so bad with Jimmy Jr this ep. He said they'd go to the dance together, but then he said no. I understand her getting so bent out of shape

Did he know that though? Or did he know that it was important to her? He's not particularly sharp.

You know Zeke would have stepped up. 

• Love 3

The family forces workaholic Bob to take a much-needed day off, only for him to wind up working at a local sandwich shop. Meanwhile, Linda and the kids throw a last minute baby shower at the restaurant for a female biker group.

Airs March 10, 2019.

Things get out of hand when Louise wins a contest to be Principal for a Day. Back at the restaurant, Teddy has a unique suggestion to help Bob when he suddenly finds himself unable to flip burgers.

Airs March 3, 2019.

Neighbor: Weight For It

Gym Equipment

Exterminator: I'd Trap That

Burger(s) of The Day: Video Killed The Radicchio Star Burger, fries

"I busted my ass hocking that choc." Louise knows how to hustle, I love it. Hell, I loved Louise as principal. I liked how apparently double recess helped kids on quizzes (but not Jocelyn...), and being able to chew food they way they were meant to with double lunch is so true. Lunch was NEVER long enough to properly eat anything. Also, LOVED Tina fist pumping after getting PE changed to reggae sensual dance hour.

Dammit Teddy, you just had to ruin Bob's burger flipping. Bob was right to go off on him. And screw Pesto for pestering him about it. I think Bob wearing his underwear to cure the yips seems like a draw to me. Pesto loses his undies, and Bob is wearing them and got his confidence back.

How sad is it that one of the kids gets placebo ritalin? Speaking of sad, Jimmy Jr. resenting the twins because he doesn't have one was funny, but yeah, sad. But god, Zeke is the best for trying to be his twin.

Mr. Frond just tries his best at his job but man, he's a total turd. But he didn't deserve to be fired the way he was going to be.

• Love 3

Totally loved Louise as Principal and her whole day with Miss Schnur (who has wicked hair! Been there, girl). And the detail that she actually managed to improve test scores!

Also loved Bob going off at Teddy for once instead of vice-versa.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

Louise knows how to hustle, I love it.

This didn't surprise me at all, and that Bob knew that most were not legal. 

1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

Mr. Frond just tries his best at his job but man, he's a total turd.

Yeah, but Louise wasn't really supposed to take over the school. He was actually doing his job. He's just dweeby. 

I did like that Louise's memos were actually good, and the assembly was a brilliant plan.

• Love 3

Louise did a good job as principal.

Teddy is my least favorite character. He's not really funny, he's just dumb.

And why would Linda tell Jimmy Pesto that Bob has the yips? She knows how much Jimmy teases Bob and how much Bob hates that. Why give Jimmy extra ammo against Bob?

• Love 1

I'm kind of tired of the "Louise is cold-hearted but discovers she has a heart at the end" episodes because they go to that well a lot. She never learns anything and nothing ever changes. It's like on "Fresh Off the Boat" -- Jessica is a nasty bitch to everyone, "learns" a lesson and next week is exactly the same. 

I also hate it when shows have one character that exists just to be shit on by all the other characters. On "Family Guy," it's Meg; on "Rick and Morty," it's the dad, and here it's Mr. Frond. I get that he's annoying, but I also feel sorry for him. I think he has a pretty sad, limited life, someone who just seems to have "missed."

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

here it's Mr. Frond. I get that he's annoying, but I also feel sorry for him. I think he has a pretty sad, limited life, someone who just seems to have "missed."

At least Mr. Frond gets some wins (unlike Meg).

• Love 1

I don't know that Louise was so cold hearted. All the memos were actually fun fur everyone abd good. She let the secretary use the executive bathroom. Mr. Frond being fired wasn't her idea and she fixed it. 

• Love 7

Louis as principle was actually not bad at it, even the teachers seemed to think so! Go figure. Extra recess is probably a good thing, and the assembly was a pretty brilliant way to get rid of this guy.

"Why does everything die?!?" "Did Jimmy Pescadaro confess to a crime?"

I could watch a whole plot of Louis hustling to sell candy bars.

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:39 PM, link417 said:

I can’t remember the season/episode number but she’s the woman who owned the beach house that Teddy looked after and the Belchers tagged along once. She maybe, possibly, definitely pushed her husband off the roof and Linda + the kids suspected her at first but Bob was too high on pain pills to see the truth.

I forgot the particular ep, but didn't Teddy wreck a boat while trying to casually drive past a restaurant on a pier she was eating at?

5 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I forgot the particular ep, but didn't Teddy wreck a boat while trying to casually drive past a restaurant on a pier she was eating at?

That was different potential love interest for Teddy.