Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I. Love. Arcades. 

Like, not even in the past tense, like "when I was a child." I am still way into them, so this was a good episode for me.

I couldn't help but think that 10,000 tickets was way too low for a dune buggy, though. I guess if they were consistent with limiting the ticket pay out of the games, but it seems like they should have set it higher.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Ikki said:

I couldn't help but think that 10,000 tickets was way too low for a dune buggy, though. I guess if they were consistent with limiting the ticket pay out of the games, but it seems like they should have set it higher.

I thought so too (it should be about 50,000 minimum), but then I realized that's the whole point: That winning the Dune Buggy was POSSIBLE. If eight kids won 1,250 tickets each in one day and pooled it all together, they would've gotten it and there'd be no more incentive to play. I tend to win about 1,000 tickets every time I'm at a Dave & Buster's, it's certainly possible.

Edited by Galileo908

I freaking loved the the heist plot with the kids. I liked the kids working with Mr. Fischoeder, and then the double cross, and Louise turning it around, and even getting a slow clap from Mr. Fischoeder. The whole plot was so awesome. 

"This is what we watch now. Mammoth and chicken." "Ok." 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I thought so too (it should be about 50,000 minimum), but then I realized that's the whole point: That winning the Dune Buggy was POSSIBLE.

Mr. Fish explained that when he was talking to Louise about the mammoth. 

And no one questioned why a bunch of junior high kids were hanging out playing arcade games in a warehouse with an old man. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, ganesh said:

And no one questioned why a bunch of junior high kids were hanging out playing arcade games in a warehouse with an old man. 

It's Mr Fischoeder. No one's going to question him. He plays by his own rules. ?

• Love 3

That was my favorite episode in a long time. Laughed through so much of it that I can't even remember the lines that slayed me. Bob singing Amazing Grace was a highlight. The animation of Tina shaking the game was bonkers. Andy and Ollie were in top form. Zeke's disappoint over not being "the hot one." (Also, Mr. F., NO.) Louise's Ocean's-esque reveal. The one guy at Wonder Wharf wondering why no one else was losing their mind over the mammoth. So good. 

• Love 5
On 10/7/2018 at 10:57 PM, Galileo908 said:

That's what I thought, I just want confirmation.

I definitely saw the second O on the board. I was trying to figure out what else it could be beside fooled. Escaroled?

One of the games in Fischoeder's warehouse was "The Legend of Zelda Fitzgerald."

• Love 3

The kids learn the dangers of revenge when their plan to get back at the school guidance counselor gets them entangled in a deep rooted sibling rivalry between two pilots. Meanwhile, Linda and Bob put their game faces on when Teddy invites them to a paper airplane contest.

Airs November 4, 2018.

The kids set out for their regular Halloween shenanigans, but when everyone's candy bags start mysteriously disappearing, it's up to Tina, Louise and Gene to find the culprit. Meanwhile, Teddy decorates the restaurant to compete with another handyman on the street, but gets a little carried away.

Airs October 21, 2018.

• Love 1

Neighbor: Whole Lotta Shaker Furniture Going On

Exterminator: The Weevil Dead

Burger(s) of The Day: Tumeric-A The Beautiful Burger, The Finders ___rs Burger (I want to say Leekers. I didn't see the word under Finders), The Cops and Rabe-ers Burger (topped with broccoli rabe), The Little Shop of Horseradish Burger

BTW The Simpsons had a Bob's Burgers crossover in the opening (and it was amazing), and its Burger of the Day was "The Eat My Short Ribs Burger", while the Exterminator was "I Shoo Shoo Shoose You."

My middle school tech (shop) class had something like the startup project and it ended up the same way: The exec people were on top, and the workers were on the bottom. We made gumball machines out of wood and I stare at that thing every single day. Gotta love Tina just sinking further and further into business hell while Louise and Gene just watch. 

LOVED the "quarter assing" song. And I liked the Could Chucks. "Zeke Chuck" was the best.

That dine and dasher was clever. Well, real ones wouldn't make a scene while dashing, but he keeps getting away with it. And wow, loved how it ended. 

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Burger(s) of The Day: ... The Finders ___rs Burger (I want to say Leekers. I didn't see the word under Finders),

BTW The Simpsons had a Bob's Burgers crossover in the opening (and it was amazing), and its Burger of the Day was "The Eat My Short Ribs Burger."

(edited)

According to the screencap below, it was "The Finders Capers Burger

and the pest control van in The Simpsons opening was "I Shoo - Shoo - Shoos You Gentle Pest Removal"

Finders Capers.JPG

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Tumeric-A The Beautiful Burger

I hate to say it, but I don't get this one.

I'm glad Tina figured out how to save the business. I was afraid that Bob would have to repay the $100 plus interest. 

I was also glad that the dine-and-dash customer came back to really fess up and agree to be duct-taped so he could eat there. Again, I hate when any of the Belchers are scammed.

I don't like seeing Tammy get her way.

Have we seen the Fro-Yo Mama store before?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Have we seen the Fro-Yo Mama store before?

Yes, I believe it was last season. I think the episode was called “Sleeping with the Frenemy,” Tammy was staying with the Belchers and she and Tina had a “Cyra-yes de Bergerac” (™️ Louise) situation going on with the BFOT.

Loved how real the business power dynamics played out with the kids.

Nathanael Greene-chuck!

• Love 1

The business dynamic with the kids was hilarious, as was Mr. Fron being bitter about his various failures in his business ventures. 

"You would think people have never seen three children hold down a crying grown man and stuffing money down his pants before." 

I hate seeing Bob and Linda get scammed, but I liked that the dine and dasher loved the food so much that he decided to come back and actually pay! And Louis was super psyched about getting to duck tape a person, without any context needed. 

10 hours ago, BooksRule said:

Zeke: 'PBS will get you, boy!  Don't poke that hornet's nest!'

I don't understand why Frond and Zeke both kept saying PBS. Should've been BBC? The whole conversation was weird and distracted me from the episode more than it should've.

41 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

I don't understand why Frond and Zeke both kept saying PBS. Should've been BBC? The whole conversation was weird and distracted me from the episode more than it should've.

Given Frond's age, I'm guessing he was a fan of the Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker.  And I believe PBS owned the US rights to that series. at least during the late seventies/early eighties. I can picture Frond still making and selling those iconic Fourth Doctor scarves on Etsy. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ABitOFluff said:

Given Frond's age, I'm guessing he was a fan of the Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker.  And I believe PBS owned the US rights to that series. at least during the late seventies/early eighties. I can picture Frond still making and selling those iconic Fourth Doctor scarves on Etsy. 

Knowing Frond, he'd probably be more into Peter Davison (the celery on the cricket jacket seems like a Frond thing) or, more likely, Colin Baker (the maligned one).

Edited by Galileo908

I had never heard of Doctor Who until I caught some of the Tom Baker episodes on my local PBS station in the early 1980s.  Every afternoon I would catch an hour of the show.  

• Love 1

Family Funtime had such classic games as Debate Heroes, Leotards!, and Manchester by the Sea.

There was a game called Moats that actually looked fun, an RPG where you’re a knight slaying dragons. ? ? 

• Love 1

Neighbor: Those Who Can, dle Candles (holy crap, it stayed in the episode!)

Exterminator: The Bug-A-Dook

Burger(s) of The Day: The My Bloody Kalentine Burger

Really loved the costumes this year: Andre 3000 The Giant (Gene), Dragon with The Girl Tattoo (Louise), Nun of Your Business (Tina). Rudy as Paul Rudd in "I Love You, Man" was genius, as was Daryl as Pee-Wee Herman.

This was a tour de force of all the stores on Ocean Avenue, too. 

And here I thought it was Logan as the gorilla. Seemed obvious because he's a dick. But he was seen outside the Mutilation Mansion briefly, so it wasn't him. That was a hell of a red herring. Of course it was the dentist taking all the candy.

I actually ended up liking Teddy this time, and I liked how he ultimately made friends with Glenn. And I loved Zeke in this. He just cares so much about Gene's well being, and I loved that his reaction to Tina giving him candy was to wrestle Jimmy Jr.

"Everywhere can't be lava, that's not how lava works!" And Gene killed it with the one liners tonight.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 9

I thought Daryl was Louis Farrakhan because red bowtie. 

I flove Peewee Herman too. I got a pull-the-string-talking Peewee for my son back in the day cuz we loved Peewee's Playhouse. The adult jokes were great.

• Love 1

OH MY GOD, the kids killed it with the Salt ‘N Pepa parody during the end credits! 

I love that two episodes in a row, Tina has had some sort of business theme. I love whenever her plots don’t revolve around being boy-crazy, there’s so much more to her.

”So fresh and so Gene!” So Linda is an OutKast fan, who’da thunk!

Fun episode, I’m so glad this show is back!

Edited by link417
  • Love 11

I loved all the kids costumes! Nun of your Business and Dragon with a Girl Tattoo! 

Really fun episode, I love the BB Halloween stories. Love that Teddy and the other handyman made peace, and their constant one upmanship, with Bob and Linda getting drawn in, was really fun, and I love that apparently Linda and Bob have some kind of understanding about what happens if Bob should get his hands cut off. And I like when the show has little mysteries, like the candy thief being the dentist, which made sense and was a good use of minor characters. 

"Its a war on Halloween! Newt Gingrich warned us about this!" Dang, Gene has been nailing the one liners this season!

• Love 8

I loved this! As others said, the costumes were great. And it was fun going down Ocean Ave and into all the shops. The mystery was good, too.

Cracked me up when Zeke called Tina "Sister Mary Yellin'-At-Me."

I also loved how all the kids said "Thank you" when they were given candy. It's EXACTLY how kids say that.

"There's a gorilla in our midst!"

"Halloween turbo speed!"

"DE-cinerate!"

"I guess we're stuck between tricks and treats. We're Hallo-tweeners."

• Love 5
22 hours ago, mammaM said:

??None of your Business!!!!!!??

Is it wrong that I want an all music episode? Loved the costumes, Zeke is becoming a real favorite, but loved loved loved Salt-N-Pepa at the end.

That Salt-N-Pepa spoof needs to be on the next CD.

• Love 5
On 10/21/2018 at 11:00 PM, Tosia said:

I thought Daryl was Louis Farrakhan because red bowtie. 

I flove Peewee Herman too. I got a pull-the-string-talking Peewee for my son back in the day cuz we loved Peewee's Playhouse. The adult jokes were great.

I thought he was Louis Farrakhan too!

Neighbor: The Rare Itch Project dermatology

Exterminator: Flies Wide Shut

Burger(s) of The Day: The Absentee Shallot Burger (comes with crispy shallots), The Land of The Slaw-st Burger (comes with pickle slaw)

Man, Tina was PISSED. If she's gonna weird out Jimmy Jr, it was gonna be on her own terms!

This was such an odd way to bring back Upskirt Kurt (I love that his name is Kurt Enerny), it's like the whole Frond story stopped to make room for the REAL story. 

"You always log out before outing a log!" Again, I really loved all the snappy dialogue in this one.

"We're going to drink wine out of a bottle!" I love whenever Bob is desperate enough to visit the art store. I love how Bob always gets so obsessed with little things like the paper airplanes, and this is the second Ghibli fantasy he's had (I think it was The Wind Rises this time?).

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 6

"You always log out before outing a log!" Again, I really loved all the snappy dialogue in this one.

Gene always has the best lines.  I loved "Now squeeze your cheeks and soar like an eagle!"

The end credits were great, with all of them flying on the paper airplane.  Bob was even holding the blender (with the cord flying out behind him). 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

Man, Tina was PISSED.

Kill everything he loves. Wow Tina. I don't know what they called the doll, but Tina yelling "Cicily my ass" and knocking it out of his hand. 

Kids just don't plot revenge with adults enough anymore. 

I like how Bob and Linda have no idea what the kids are up to. 

Finally, Bob gets a win though. 

• Love 5

Bob gets a win! They get to blend all kinds of stuff! 

Bob and Linda clearly have no idea what the kids are doing in school, it cracks me up. 

I always love when Bob totally obsesses over some weird little thing. Bob is often the only sane man, so its always hilarious when he falls right into the quirky. 

Upskirt Kurt returns!

• Love 4
14 hours ago, ganesh said:

I like how Bob and Linda have no idea what the kids are up to. 

Bob: Why are the kids part of the air show?
Linda: Is this for school?

Cracked me up!

Loved Bob going overboard with making paper airplanes, like getting a folding tool. I can relate. I barely do paper crafts, but I had to buy one of those, too.

That book! Barry Be Foldin'. I wonder why when we see the cover of the book, Bob's thumb is partially covering the author's name. Still, that led to the part of his dream...
Bob: Barry Be Foldin'?
Barry: Yes I be.

I knew Linda doing arm exercises was a bad idea. She threw great without them. And once again I'll comment on the terrific animation -- When the kids are talking in the foreground of the restaurant, we see Linda come out of the restroom with the can of oil olive, hefting it. And earlier I love when Tina batted away Mr Frond's puppet and it flew toward the camera.

I loved hearing Will Forte's voice and picturing him in Last Man on Earth

The Wind Waltzers. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Bob: Why are the kids part of the air show?
Linda: Is this for school?

And they concluded that it could be because they have no idea what goes on at school. 

• Love 2

Tina and her new science partner create a device that allows them to communicate with aliens, but their excitement turns to fear when they receive a dangerous warning message. Meanwhile, Bob attempts to sell mini coat racks he bought.

Airs December 2, 2018.

Gene is livid when his best friend, Alex, ditches him to be Courtney's roller-dancing partner. Meanwhile, Teddy, Linda and Bob let their imaginations get the best of them when they discover someone stalking the restaurant.

Airs November 25, 2018.