Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Super Bad Boyfriend

Maze and Eve would be great together!

I almost can't believe how smart the characters look most of the time when compared with the last season. The way they tell each other the important things and conflicts aren't stretched over episode after episode because they're behaving like idiots.

Poor Luci! But I agree with Linda, this is progress. Otoh, Chloe should be a bit more open to the demon side of Lucifer. I mean, is she really scared of him yet? 

I guess that after being rejected by Chloe because he's actually the demon, Luci's self-confidence can't be too high, poor thing. 

• Love 11

From they showed us what Eve wants. That is Maze. She runs around and punishes people and parties all the time. Plus I think the priest was right the first time. Lucifer doesn't love Eve. Chloe is finding his first love.

Lucifer finally figuring out his issue was him. Linda was trying to get him to that realization the whole time. Of course now she'll have to deal with Amen wanting to take their son to heaven so he doesn't have to deal with how awful Earth is. But is the first time he's ever seen racism, he's been black on Earth for years now. I thought he was going to go back up and see Caleb. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I love Lucifer and Amen teaming up together at the end. I don't like the reason they did it, but I love how much they really care for each other. 

And does anyone else think Tom Ellis kind of looks like Lee Pace? 

Edited by mccartygirl
  • Love 2

Best episode this season.

Luci supporting Amenadude was great. Brotherly love. Nothing better when you need to give drug dealers a whupping. 

Maze and Eve really are made for each other. I can see Eve as her bounty hunter partner by day and party partner by night. And day. And night again. 

The Luci-Dr. Linda scene was one of the best of all four seasons. TE really brought the emotional turmoil and realization and RH was terrific in drawing out his feelings and letting him know that this was progress. 

• Love 10
Just now, Loandbehold said:

Luci supporting Amenadude was great. Brotherly love. Nothing better when you need to give drug dealers a whupping. 

My fav part about this was that Lucifer was indeed just a support. I was honestly expecting them to raise heaven and hell together, but Lucifer just went there to have his brother's back and let him deal out the dealer. #badpundetected lol

• Love 7

Linda continues to have the best reactions to the characters that wander into her life. "It's like meeting a dinosaur."

I was expecting Amenadiel to either volunteer to babysit Trixie or quiz Chloe or Dan about parenting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Even though the prophecy thing was the beginning of it, I do think it is for the best that Lucifer and Eve break-up.  While I've enjoyed them together, it does seem obvious that Eve is in love with the old "devil" side of Lucifer, and that simply isn't who he is anymore.  And despite it being a bit too pact, I do think she and Maze would actually work, since Maze is more like that still (although she certainly has her soft spots.  Like Trixie!)

As soon as the girl mentioned she and her boyfriend were going to Harvard and then the guy mentioned going to Harvard, I knew they would somehow be the ones that did the killing.

Figured Clyde was doomed from the start, but the storyline was well done and DB Woodside did an excellent job throughout it all.  But this has now all led to him actually no longer thinking his child should be raised on Earth?  Oh, boy, that is going to cause some extreme problems for him and Linda!

At this point, I really don't see any other way for Dan not to end up being some kind of bad guy going forward.

Tom Ellis killed that final scene.  Granted, even during the worst of S3, he never failed to deliver.

• Love 9

Tom Ellis really nailed that last scene, but he has always been great, even during the suckage of season 3. It will be interesting to see where they go from here with him, and what this will mean for him. Chloe seems to be getting used to his demon side, but maybe he is the one who is really struggling with it, after all these years. 

I enjoyed Lucifer and Eve together, but Eve just does not know the person he has become anymore, and neither of them should have to change for the other one. Really, Maze and Eve seem like they would be a perfect match! Maze punishes evil dooers violently, AND loves to party and have fun! That could work out super well!

I figured this would be how the story with Amenadiel would end, but it was still really tragic to see happen. It was nice to see him and Lucifer teaming up though, and how Lucifer had his back, even in the middle of his whole existential freak out. But him wanting to raise his son in heaven is definitely gonna cause some issues with Linda!

• Love 10

IMO, this is the best episode of the season to date. Well done, show!

I've been finding Amenadiel's story arc more interesting than any other this season and as great as Tom Ellis is in the final scene, this episode truly allowed D.B. Woodside to shine. I like the fact that for most of this season's episodes, the COTW has been mostly in the background and the supernatural aspects have been up front as they should be.

Eve and Maze were great together. They seem perfect for each other.

Extra points from me for the use of Leon Bridges' River in the morgue scene.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 8:11 PM, tennisgurl said:

Chloe seems to be getting used to his demon side, but maybe he is the one who is really struggling with it, after all these years. 

I think Chole is getting use to the idea that Lucifer is actually the devil; I don't think she's getting used to Lucifer's bad/devil side.  She goes on and on and on about how Lucifer is a good person. Which yes Lucifer can be a good person, but he also beats people up too. Whenever Chole starts the whole Lucifer is a good person thing I think girl you're in denial. 

On 5/17/2019 at 8:11 PM, tennisgurl said:

I enjoyed Lucifer and Eve together, but Eve just does not know the person he has become anymore, and neither of them should have to change for the other one. 

I liked Eve and Lucifer together, but you are right neither one should have to change for the other. I feel the same way about Chole and Lucifer, but of course the show will either have Chole come to accept Lucifer bad & good or more likely Lucifer will change and because the good person Chole sees when she looks at him. 

On 5/10/2019 at 6:08 PM, Sakura12 said:

Plus I think the priest was right the first time. Lucifer doesn't love Eve. Chloe is finding his first love.

I'm sure you're right, but it would be awesome if Chole wasn't Lucifer's first love/true love. I mean really awesome. But yeah I know Lucifer+Chole are end game. 

However, the episode kept talking about how one shouldn't have to change who you are for the person to love you and I feel like Chole will never love Lucifer unless he turns into this good person she sees when she looks at Lucifer. 

I did like the scene when Lucifer says the way Eve looks at me makes me uncomfortable and the way you "Chole" look at me also makes me uncomfortable. Neither women in my opinion sees Lucifer for who he is. Eve just sees the old devil she fell in love with and Chole just sees the good Lucifer does.

On 5/17/2019 at 10:45 PM, ProudMary said:

Eve and Maze were great together. They seem perfect for each other.

I actually like Eve and Maze! If it keeps Eve from turning into the evil scorned women I'm all for it. However, with the way the breakup went I don't think the writers will have Eve go evil. I'm not sure that would have been the case if the show was still on Fox. 

Edited by Fireball
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/10/2019 at 1:47 PM, Helena Dax said:

The way they tell each other the important things and conflicts aren't stretched over episode after episode because they're behaving like idiots.

It's the hazard of 20+ episode seasons. Things get dragged out because they have so much air to fill. 

The show is way more tighter on Netflix because of the short order. 

On 5/27/2019 at 3:02 PM, Fireball said:

However, the episode kept talking about how one shouldn't have to change who you are for the person to love you and I feel like Chole will never love Lucifer unless he turns into this good person she sees when she looks at Lucifer.

Absolutely. She's never been the same since she's learned the truth. 

Lucifer's true love is really himself though. 

I loved the whole montage of Lucifer being bad to Eve age then she beats him at Xbox. I do agree the relationship ran its course. 

Lucifer lived among humanity so much, and Eve only knew an old version of him. 

Maze/Eve ship all the way though. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1

The breakup scene between Eve and Lucifer was pretty sad.  I can’t imagine being on the receiving end of a statement like “I don’t like who I am when I’m with you!”   But he was also actually right to say it (and it’s not like he wasn’t trying to be gentle immediately before that). 

• Love 6
On 7/2/2019 at 1:02 AM, Peace 47 said:

“I don’t like who I am when I’m with you!

I really love this line. It perfectly describes my relationship with my ex for totally different reasons. (He wanted me to “grow up” and leave fandom things)

• Love 3

I’d prefer more Lucifer and Amen and much less Lucifer and Chloe. That is all. Actually Lucifer and anyone but Chloe is entertaining. I really truly don’t see the appeal of  Chloe.

• Love 4

I actually liked Chloe more in S4. They gave her something to do besides being the straight man and it made a huge difference for her to be in the know. Still, the best part of the episode was the show explicitly stating that Lucifer changing for anyone, including Chloe, was wrong and essentially not going to happen. It was nice to have him tell Eve that he didn't like who he was with her, but also to turn around and tell Chloe that he didn't like how she made him feel either. It's a refreshing change from what we normally get on TV. Slightly evil, powerful Lucifer is so much better than whatever he turned into in S3. 

• Love 7

Again, another clever and surprisingly insightful episode that actually attempted to explore people and relationships. So, did the writing staff sell their souls?! 😄

On 5/10/2019 at 12:47 PM, Helena Dax said:

I almost can't believe how smart the characters look most of the time when compared with the last season. The way they tell each other the important things and conflicts aren't stretched over episode after episode because they're behaving like idiots.

Poor Luci! But I agree with Linda, this is progress.

Ditto. And I suspect this is a beginning, not an ending, so we'll see more.

On 5/10/2019 at 5:08 PM, Sakura12 said:

From they showed us what Eve wants. That is Maze. She runs around and punishes people and parties all the time. Plus I think the priest was right the first time. Lucifer doesn't love Eve. Chloe is finding his first love. 

I love, love, love Maze and Eve and hope they find each other. Talk about girls ruling the world! ❤️ 

On 5/11/2019 at 3:57 PM, mccartygirl said:

I love Lucifer and Amen teaming up together at the end. I don't like the reason they did it, but I love how much they really care for each other. 

And does anyone else think Tom Ellis kind of looks like Lee Pace? 

I loved it too, so much. I don't see a resemblance between Tom and Lee, but hey, whatever floats your Lucifer boat.

On 5/16/2019 at 2:14 PM, Loandbehold said:

The Luci-Dr. Linda scene was one of the best of all four seasons. TE really brought the emotional turmoil and realization and RH was terrific in drawing out his feelings and letting him know that this was progress. 

Agreed. Linda had comedically shown Luci's faults and obliviousness with Eve, so his coming back and being TRULY open and raw was awesome.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:40 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Figured Clyde was doomed from the start, but the storyline was well done and DB Woodside did an excellent job throughout it all.  But this has now all led to him actually no longer thinking his child should be raised on Earth?  Oh, boy, that is going to cause some extreme problems for him and Linda!

Kudos to the show for addressing a timely and truly upsetting issue, while embedding it pretty seamlessly into the show. DB Woodside was amazing, and all the other actors equally so. It broke my heart. 

On 5/17/2019 at 7:11 PM, tennisgurl said:

I figured this would be how the story with Amenadiel would end, but it was still really tragic to see happen. It was nice to see him and Lucifer teaming up though, and how Lucifer had his back, even in the middle of his whole existential freak out. But him wanting to raise his son in heaven is definitely gonna cause some issues with Linda!

I'm kind of terrified but also excited. I loved seeing Luci join his brother for a spot of justifiable vengeance, held back just enough to defend. DB doesn't get enough credit but I love him on the show. This was amazing emotionally for both characters.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:02 AM, Peace 47 said:

The breakup scene between Eve and Lucifer was pretty sad.  I can’t imagine being on the receiving end of a statement like “I don’t like who I am when I’m with you!”   But he was also actually right to say it (and it’s not like he wasn’t trying to be gentle immediately before that). 

I loved it. And she deserved it. I love Eve, but she has openly and systematically been trying to push Lucifer toward being what SHE wants, and giving her the thrills SHE desires. It was a perfect goodbye. Which I hope translates to, "Eve finds eternal love with Maze." ❤️😄

On 10/8/2019 at 3:41 AM, KAOS Agent said:

I actually liked Chloe more in S4. They gave her something to do besides being the straight man and it made a huge difference for her to be in the know. 

I'd agree with this. I don't like Chloe as a character, but she fulfills certain story elements. So I remain kind of neutral on her in S4. It's not like S3 where her waffling and constant emotions drove me nuts. Here, I at least understand her. So I have few problems with her beyond (as always) why Lucifer loves her so much. But that's a post for another day.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, paramitch said:

Again, another clever and surprisingly insightful episode that actually attempted to explore people and relationships. So, did the writing staff sell their souls?! 😄

Maybe so! I was really impressed with season 4, which is surprising as hell after the utter trash that was season 3. Seriously, three decent episodes out of an entire season, and they got to keep their jobs??? But season 4 is amazing.

• Love 1

This has to be one of the best episodes for me, along w/1.09, 3.23-24.

DB, Tom, Kevin, Linda, Lauren, Leslie really brought it.  Aimee was a weak spot, but they didn’t give Ella anything to do.  That Amen/Clark  storyline was killer, and heartbreaking.  I knew it was the young YEA girl as the killer right from the beginning when all she talked abt was Harvard.

I've been sllooowly stretching out S4, but now I’ve just got to finish it up.  It’s like that last but of ice cream.  You see the bottom, but you don’t want to finish it, and then it’ll be over.

I loved Linda and Eve together - Eve really does know how to get everyone to like her immediately. Linda being thrilled that someone else got it, was hilarious, and sweet. I do also like that, rather than have each episode's characters just happen to be in similar circumstances to the main characters, they have Lucifer making it all about himself. 

Eve cracked me up in the "bad boyfriend" montage, too. I'm glad that they didn't just make her evil, or have Chloe be constantly jealous. 

Amenadiel, and Caleb. ❤️ 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1