Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Identity

• Start Topic

DNA evidence in a murder case leads Danny and Baez to identical twins with identical alibis. Also, Frank learns Nicky is interviewing for a job at the Justice Coalition, which he rarely sees eye-to-eye with, and Jamie visits Eddie's father, Armin, in prison.

Nicky going to work for that group run by the person who detests her family is stupid. She's a being used pawn.

The police commissioners home has no security at all? They live in NY!

(edited)

So Grandpa Teeth talks Granny out of putting the druggie granddaughter in jail and she immediately ODs. What a putz.

No cameras on the Regan house? I guess because they are all cops they think they are immune to "porch pirates."

I can just forsee next season's conflicts between Nicky and the men in blue.

The Jenko con was so obvious.

The identical twin DNA thing is so overdone.

Edited by preeya
1 hour ago, preeya said:

So Grandpa Teeth talks Granny out of putting the druggie granddaughter in jail and she immediately ODs. What a putz.

No cameras on the Regan house? I guess because they are all cops they are immune to "porch pirates."

I can just forsee next season's conflicts between Nicky and the men in blue.

The Jenko con was so obvious.

The identical twin DNA thing is so overdone.

What was the Jenko con? What was the real reason he wanted to go to the wedding? 

(edited)

I liked the twin story, but "come hell or high water" was so obviously a suicide line.  I, however, thought they were going to run and crash through the window.  And, needless to say, they were skeevy.

Frank and the woman who runs the thingie were acting like they had mutual hostages at the end.  It was just bizarre.  

Henry should have stayed out of it and let the girl go to jail.  Not because she OD'd the next day before she was supposed to go to rehab (and why couldn't she have gone immediately) as there was no way he could have known that would happen, but because grandma had already stated that she thought jail would be the best thing for her.  Stop undermining other people's decisions.

Nice Shawn had something to do besides eat dinner for once.

4 hours ago, StevedeMena said:

What was the Jenko con? What was the real reason he wanted to go to the wedding? 

I think he wanted to escape while in transit.  Which is scummy enough, but with his daughter being a cop, and knowing that would reflect badly on her, well, he's not winning any father-of-the-year awards. Completely selfish.  Glad Eddie saw through him.  And glad Jamie checked with Eddie first even if he did need to be prodded by Danny and Erin.

And also, both Mr. Jenko and Jamie were idiots.  Mr. Jenko should have known that it would come out that Eddie hadn't written to him. And Jamie should realize that liars are liars.

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Camille said:

Viki!

Henry needs to hit the gym. Do I sense a December December Romance for him?

good to see erika slezak back on my screen. and yes, it did seem like they were testing the waters for a relationship for henry, which could (maybe, possibly) let him do something other than pontificate.

• Love 1

Gee Henry, why couldn't you just accept Vicki Lord's decision. He better watch out for all her other personalities. If they do put her in a relationship with Henry then you know at some point she will be using him for something. I am just assuming because apparently everyone uses the Reagan's for something.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Frank and the woman who runs the thingie were acting like they had mutual hostages at the end.  It was just bizarre.  

It was a bit creepy. She hired Nicki, so Frank hired her brother. Sigh. I was hoping that the woman hired Nicki because she was the best fit for the job, but of course not. 

I hold the unpopular opinion of not minding Nicki, because she does not always fall in line with the Reagan group think. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I hold the unpopular opinion of not minding Nicki, because she does not always fall in line with the Reagan group think. 

I don't mind her either.  I don't always agree with her, but I like that she has her own opinion, isn't afraid to express it, and at least tries to back it up, and doesn't get all upset if she's outargued.  I also liked it that she didn't ask her family members to find her a job as Erin suggested she should have done.  Sure, she probably did get her job based on her name, but that clearly wasn't her intention, and she's young enough to be naive for a little while longer.  Plus, whatever else, it does seem like her heart is always in the right place. 

Jamie will always be my favorite, though.  

• Love 6

Arg, stupid Henry & your mansplaining Reaganizing everything. Now the granddaughter is dead thanks to you. What a doofus. And nice of it is to see Sean, he's awfully far from home on a school night.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

I liked the twin story, but "come hell or high water" was so obviously a suicide line.  I, however, thought they were going to run and crash through the window.  And, needless to say, they were skeevy.

Henry should have stayed out of it and let the girl go to jail.  Not because she OD'd the next day before she was supposed to go to rehab (and why couldn't she have gone immediately) as there was no way he could have known that would happen, but because grandma had already stated that she thought jail would be the best thing for her.  Stop undermining other people's decisions.

Nice Shawn had something to do besides eat dinner for once.

I think he wanted to escape while in transit.  Which is scummy enough, but with his daughter being a cop, and knowing that would reflect badly on her, well, he's not winning any father-of-the-year awards. Completely selfish.  Glad Eddie saw through him.  And glad Jamie checked with Eddie first even if he did need to be prodded by Danny and Erin.

And also, both Mr. Jenko and Jamie were idiots.  Mr. Jenko should have known that it would come out that Eddie hadn't written to him. And Jamie should realize that liars are liars.

The Janko thing was strange. A few seasons ago he got beat up in jail by other inmates for not doing some or other illegal and now he’s looking to escape? 

And Jamie asking everyone for special favors!!! Pulling strings!! I thought “Reagans” didn’t do that. 

Why is Henry suddenly looking to give a break to a junkie? Family or not. How many stories have we heard about Frank letting the kids stew in jail overnight to learn a lesson? Henry was different? I doubt it. 

The twins suicide phrase... mirrors the “please don’t hurt my family” mantra that the Reagans use in a crisis, i.e , Danny killing the guy holding Erin hostage 

Nicky gets stupider every show. Can’t stand how Frank sticks up for her, but then goes all back door and finds a way to keep her from getting used. Why not let her go to the school of hard knocks? Maybe she’ll learn something. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, rhys said:

Arg, stupid Henry & your mansplaining Reaganizing everything. Now the granddaughter is dead thanks to you.

I think Henry shouldn't have interfered.  But, the granddaughter is dead because she chose to OD.  Not because Henry gave her a break.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, preeya said:

No cameras on the Regan house? I guess because they are all cops they think they are immune to "porch pirates."

It's so dumb, Frank can't go out without a detail with him, but not one camera on his house?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Magnumfangirl said:

What kind of degree did Nicky get?  What's she going to be doing at this Justice Coalition thing?

She majored in "being a pain in the ass" and her job at the coalition thing will be to "break Frank's balls."

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Magnumfangirl said:

What kind of degree did Nicky get?  What's she going to be doing at this Justice Coalition thing?

I don't think they ever said what she majored in. Things that would make sense, based on what we've seen:

Criminal justice (she did take the police test or whatever, and a lot of her family are cops and her parents are lawyers)

Pre-law (ditto on parents)

Social work, or whatever you major in if you want to be a social worker (she does genuinely see to want to help people, and she tried to helped the abused woman a couple of seasons back)

Liberal arts (would leave her completely open)

Political science (she wants to get involved in everything political)

Accounting (that's what I majored in because I had no idea what else to major in)

(edited)

I'm not saying it was brilliantly done, but there was an over-riding theme of, "We can all have moments of weakness when it comes to family," this week.  Jamie wanted to believe , for Eddie's sake, that her father is not a total user. That's why he didn't ask to see the letters, even though he had to know it was probably a con. Even Eddie wanted to believe momentarily. Frank told Garret in a past episode, (the one where he was invited to speak at Nicky's university, but then they wouldn't let him speak), that because Jack was an inconsistent father figure for Nicky, Frank has thought of himself as her father figure. She reminds him of young Erin, too. Anyway, Frank has always been a puddle of goo for Nicky. Henry is much the same way. You can see some logic behind his, "My granddaughter is making me proud and I want that for you, too," interference with the neighbor. The twins REALLY had a weakness for each other.  The professor has a weakness for her brother. Frank let him into the academy (I think - need to look again) and Frank can throw him out, I guess. I enjoyed Frank's, "I am the string" line, but the premise of, "you treat Nicky right and I'll treat Carlos right" seems very contrived. I wonder why the show dropped poor Jack off the face of the earth? Let the kid come home for Sunday dinner every couple months, or something. Makes me wonder if there was a contract dispute. If Jack doesn't attend the wedding next week, I think we'll know. I wish Frank would bring Kelly as a date to the wedding. If we can't have Courtney Cox appear for the purpose of being Frank's love interest, then I'd like to see him get together with Kelly in the 10th season. And here's hoping the writing in season 10 really improves!

Edited by Biscuit Tin

Only three story lines which was good. No Erin which is really good but no Anthony which is really bad.

Danny must have been a track star in high school cuz no matter what, he's always able to run down the perp. 

The rest of the show meh.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, JayDub said:

Only three story lines which was good. No Erin which is really good but no Anthony which is really bad.

There actually were 4:

Danny's twin thing, Eddie's father, Nikki's job offer and Henry's neighbor thing.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jack went off to college in real life.    That's why he's not on the show. It was his choice. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

The house that Vicki lived in is gorgeous. And it’s on the market lol! I wonder though if they used the actual furniture or brought in their own? Because the owner of the house is a larger man and I can’t quite picture that dainty sofa being something he would have. But I guess maybe his wife furnished the house.

i also thought they were testing the waters for a romance but Erika Slezak didn’t mention anything about being on again. Maybe they just left it open? Either way, He seriously needs to lose some weight. I know he’s not a young man but damn he packed on some serious pounds! 

i thought the twin story was weird and also swear I saw that same story on another show but of course can’t remember which one. 

Nicki going to work for that organization made perfect sense to me. She’s always been the most liberal of the family, questioning the police etc.  It was either that or the public defenders office. And it was ridiculous for the family to be so annoyed by her decision. Not every Reagan has to go into law enforcement. She’s allowed to have a difference of opinion. Sometimes the sanctimonious of that family really gets to me.

I still don’t understand how Eddie and Jamie plan to keep their marriage a secret or how no one in the precinct even suspects they’re together. He’s the PC’s son for Christ’s sake.the publicity surrounding that wedding will be enormous. The mayor will be there. Probably the governor even though he and frank hate each other, politicians up the wazoo, not to mention all the police brass. And if they continue working in the same precinct it won’t go over well with the rest of the cops. Jamie will lose their respect and they’ll think Eddie is spying on them for him.

• Love 1
On 5/4/2019 at 9:51 AM, Misslindsey said:

Gee Henry, why couldn't you just accept Vicki Lord's decision. He better watch out for all her other personalities. If they do put her in a relationship with Henry then you know at some point she will be using him for something. I am just assuming because apparently everyone uses the Reagan's for something.

It was a bit creepy. She hired Nicki, so Frank hired her brother. Sigh. I was hoping that the woman hired Nicki because she was the best fit for the job, but of course not. 

Great remembrance of Vicki Lord's personalities.  Henry had no business talking Vicki into taking the granddaughter back again.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I thought the twin story was weird and also swear I saw that same story on another show but of course can’t remember which one. 

You saw it on an episode of L&O:SVU titled, oddly enough, "Identity" (2005).

4 hours ago, cameron said:

Great remembrance of Vicki Lord's personalities.  Henry had no business talking Vicki into taking the granddaughter back again.

I thought that particular storyline would end with the little darlin' robbing grandma blind and then going on and OD-ing off the proceeds.

On 5/4/2019 at 11:32 AM, preeya said:

She majored in "being a pain in the ass" and her job at the coalition thing will be to "break Frank's balls."

like you, Preeya! 

Two weeks in a row Frank uttered (or almost uttered) a strong expletive. Last week, when talking to Erin (who deserves every expletive hurled at her), he referred to some issue as a "clusterf-." This week, he said, "Son of a bitch!" Looks like old Frankie is turning into a regular human being after all. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ebau said:
16 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I thought the twin story was weird and also swear I saw that same story on another show but of course can’t remember which one. 

You saw it on an episode of L&O:SVU titled, oddly enough, "Identity" (2005).

Ah thanks! I thought it was likely SVU since it seemed like that kind of story.

Danny really is kind of a piece of crap towards Baez. Needs to treat her like an equal. Never letting her drive. Needs to man or woman up towards him.

Can't wait for Jamie to tie the knot. As really happy for him

On 5/5/2019 at 2:55 PM, AnnA said:

Jack went off to college in real life.    That's why he's not on the show. It was his choice. 

The show has done a fantastic job with Jack being away. It feels like the character has gone off to college, but is still mentioned. It isn't like the character has vanished and may or may not pop up in a random episode here and there. This show has handled it far better than other shows.