Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day Fiancé: Pillow Talk

• Start Topic

On 4/6/2022 at 2:58 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Love that Robert is getting the credit he deserves. The dude has been hilarious on PT’s for a minute.

PLUS, Robert and Anny (sp?) seem to be a happy (enough) couple.

On 4/6/2022 at 2:58 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Tim is hilarious.

(Almost) Hilarious.

• Love 3
On 4/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, magemaud said:

I wondered about that, too, until it dawned on me that Ron also gives off a creepy stalker vibe!

BIG TIME!  Ron and Betty shouldn't be given star status--or ANY status.  Do any other *slave owners and/or parents of 90-day-ers have their own segments?    (*They helped Julia move to America only to force her into slave labor on their so-called farm.)

• Love 4

Ron and Betty- Betty bothers me more. She is just "off". Something is just strange with her and her wine and her having to reach out and touch her honey all the time- and be so animated - all the time.

Yes Yara and Jovi have totally grown on me, as have Robert and Anny and of course majorly-Tim and Veronica.  Mr Polli was watching some and said they might be one of the few couples that seem to really get along! Ha. Except they're not though. :)

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 4/8/2022 at 4:03 PM, Welshman in Ca said:

They were never married.

OMG I didn't know that!  Enh, even better that they can communicate that way as exes.  

17 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Ron and Betty- Betty bothers me more. She is just "off". Something is just strange with her and her wine and her having to reach out and touch her honey all the time- and be so animated - all the time.

IKR?!  Both of them are just creepy to me.  Ron just seems like a dirty old man and Betty is a drunk.  Bring back Julia & Brandon if you must air someone from this storyline.  Brandon is a bit of a snooze but Julia was funny.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 4/5/2022 at 9:06 PM, athousandclowns said:

Is this the right place to ask why Fernanda (?) is on pillow talk and who is the guy with her on the bed?

And why was he laboriously petting a stuffed dolphin a few episodes back?  I was transfixed on how into it he was.

6 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

IKR?!  Both of them are just creepy to me.  Ron just seems like a dirty old man and Betty is a drunk.  Bring back Julia & Brandon if you must air someone from this storyline.  Brandon is a bit of a snooze but Julia was funny.

There was an online article "proving" that Ron and Betty were high school sweethearts.  Then there's another online article:  "TLC 90 Day Fiancé spoilers and updates reveal that Ron Gibbs has been married four times. In fact, Brandon Gibbs has two half-siblings from Ron’s previous marriages; Keri Gibbs Watts and Gina Gibbs Watts. Both are married and are estranged from Brandon. Ron and Betty keep a very strict household with lots of rules, limitations and religion. The reason for the estrangement from Ron’s other children is not clear, and very odd since Brandon is the only child of Ron and Betty."   So...where and HOW does the "high school sweethearts" story fit?

• Love 1

Ron: He’s a PLAYER! (referring to Usman calling Zara minutes after dropping Kimbaally at the airport)

Me: Takes one to know one

Edited by Cancun
  • Love 1

Yes, it gives me the creeps to watch them (R and B), with her drinking and forced cheerfulness and his nonstop hilarity at his own remarks. Neither of them contribute anything, and there are many better candidates among the cast members' parents who have been on. Brandon always was, is, and ever shall be a bore, keep all of them off PT. And Darcey and Stacey while you're at it and Angela and her daughter. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Tuneful said:

Yes, it gives me the creeps to watch them (R and B), with her drinking and forced cheerfulness and his nonstop hilarity at his own remarks. Neither of them contribute anything, and there are many better candidates among the cast members' parents who have been on. Brandon always was, is, and ever shall be a bore, keep all of them off PT. And Darcey and Stacey while you're at it and Angela and her daughter. 

I would say Darce and Stace are the WORST.......then Angela and Skyluh . Then again, Angie and Skyluh are not on as many hours ( months? years? decades>???) as Darce and Stace so Darce and Stace irritate me so much that I don't even try to watch them. I find Angie horrible don't get me wrong but she's not on so much so I can deal with her. 

Brandon and Julia are kind of dull agreed, but they don't irritate like Ron and Betty do.

On the fence about Kalina Kalani.

• Love 2
On 4/15/2022 at 3:22 AM, magemaud said:

My vote for the all-time worst PT “couple” goes to Danielle and her rosacea faced friend, Beth. IIRC, they only got one episode. 

Tied with Karen and River who I think also only had one appearance. 

• Love 3

Hi everyone! I had a nice Easter dinner and visit with family, of course through the live discussion, lol. Tried to watch PT but dozed off through most of it. Have to agree with Yara, the cast this season are all good looking. I swear that Jibri is a Chris Brown clone!

• Love 2

I ask this at the beginning of ever season but I was wondering if P.T. is being aired on Discovery or is it only streaming on Discovery + ?  My DVR didn't pick it up and I seem to remember one of these seasons doesn't air the P.T. companion on regular t.v., you have to stream it.

2 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I ask this at the beginning of ever season but I was wondering if P.T. is being aired on Discovery or is it only streaming on Discovery + ?  My DVR didn't pick it up and I seem to remember one of these seasons doesn't air the P.T. companion on regular t.v., you have to stream it.

There was no PT for the single life when it first aired on D+ but there is on regular tv so you may have it the wrong way around.

• Useful 1

Annie and David are back. They were good the first couple of years of Pillow Talk when they lived in the storage unit but now the cooking in bed is gross.  I hate how she's always calling him old, fat, short etc.  Like we know but it's so cruel and rude. I feel bad for him.

The only couple I like on Pillow Talk are Veronica/Tim and the gay couple in Mexico.

Zara and Jovie add nothing and all about themselves.

I don't know why Sharps think we want Ron and Betty on our screen yet here they are, for more then one season.

10 hours ago, greekmom said:

Annie just needs to STOP cooking in bed. I know she wants to pursue her influencing as a chef or what not but it's a freaking fire hazard!!!!

A fire hazard and bedding smelling like fish sauce and chicken splatter, gross.  

• Love 5

This was a pretty dopey episode (April 18). The main problems were called Jovi and Yara, Angela and Skyla, and Darcey and Stacey. At least the latter weren't waving lit sage burners over the bed this time. I haven't seen David and Annie for awhile, but cooking in bed is not a great message to send either, it doesn't seem safe.

Tim and Veronica, and Robert and Anny, were amusing to me as usual. But so many of the others are played out. Like, I liked Molly and Cynthia early on, but now they are intentional caricatures of themselves. And Kelly is probably a good guy but he's not one for TV or this format. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 5
On 4/18/2022 at 10:53 AM, greekmom said:

Annie just needs to STOP cooking in bed. I know she wants to pursue her influencing as a chef or what not but it's a freaking fire hazard!!!!

All I can think of when Annie is cooking in bed is all the hot mess of 600 pounders who have made food in bed, eww!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Yara with the shade on last season. "Look at all the pretty people this season."

Didn’t Jovi make light of what Yara said about her childhood?

Annie and David are frying chicken in bed on Pillow Talk. Don't the grease spatters get everywhere on the bedding? Ewww.

Edited by Hotel Snarker
Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy
  • Love 1
On 4/15/2022 at 3:22 AM, magemaud said:

My vote for the all-time worst PT “couple” goes to Danielle and her rosacea faced friend, Beth. IIRC, they only got one episode. 

Followed by Angela and Skyla. Ron and Betty

• Love 3
On 4/18/2022 at 8:24 AM, Dirtybubble said:

ask this at the beginning of ever season but I was wondering if P.T. is being aired on Discovery or is it only streaming on Discovery + ?  My DVR didn't pick it up and I seem to remember one of these seasons doesn't air the P.T. companion on regular t.v., you have to stream it.

Pillow Talk is airing on TLC one hour after the end of the 90 Days episode (11 pm Eastern time). (The ungodly Unexpected is on between the two shows)

50 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

11 hours ago, magemaud said:

It seems ALL of the PTers think it's a jerk move! 

I was really disappointed in Tim & Veronica by the end, thinking that what Bilal did made sense & it seemed like they were both on his side.

I thought Veronica originally said something like it “wasn’t cool” but Tim was okay with it and after he explained his reasons she kind of shrugged and said, “I guess...” (but I didn’t think she was really convinced it was a good idea)

• Love 2

I was really disappointed in Tim & Veronica by the end, thinking that what Bilal did made sense & it seemed like they were both on his side.

I too found it weird that none of them saw how jacked up what Bilal was doing with the whole switcher-a-roony he is pulling on her.  Read viewer comments for that episode and the outrage of what a jerk he is being, its like they watched a different episode.

• Love 1

Thoughts:

• I was annoyed that Tim thought Bilal’s “joke” was acceptable. I couldn’t believe he had the audacity to say that Shaeeda has a stick up her butt. Shut up and eat your s’mores dip.

• Kenny's comment about Tim being Veronica's dip was hilarious.

• Love 2

I wonder how much of the actual episode the PT'ers actually see?   Or if they're really watching at all?    I can imagine a lot is scripted for them, and they're told when and how to react. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/26/2022 at 10:59 AM, gaPeach said:

I too found it weird that none of them saw how jacked up what Bilal was doing with the whole switcher-a-roony he is pulling on her.  Read viewer comments for that episode and the outrage of what a jerk he is being, its like they watched a different episode.

I'm on the fence about this.  Yeah, it's a jerk move, but I get the idea many/some foreigners hook up to get what they think is the good life here in America.  I don't blame them if it's rough where they are from, but I also don't blame the American for being cautious.  Not sure what the answer is...what the "test" should be, but I can understand why Bilal is doing it.  I do agree with Kenny, though.  He should have sent pictures of the family home and called it that.  He didn't have to specify if he lived there.  He could gauge some of her reaction from that to decide whether to pursue a relationship.  

I did like her response when he asked her if she was the pitch in to make it better type or the bitch about it type and she said both.  That's fair.

On 4/28/2022 at 1:54 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder how much of the actual episode the PT'ers actually see?   Or if they're really watching at all?    I can imagine a lot is scripted for them, and they're told when and how to react. 

I think the first season or so was authentic. Now it is almost entirely scripted…product placement, fake phone calls and all.  I stopped watching it.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 1

This week:

Loren and Alexei

Tom and Emma

Molly and Kelly

Tania and Missy (her mom)

The PTers didn't like Bilalzebub's plan.

Kelly, you're right. If you showed your mom the ceiling and such, she'd be telling you to leave.