Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

I’m sorry @TurtlePower, I exaggerated a little to emphasize my point here. Of course not everybody is like that, but it is indeed a reputation that everybody is familiar with around the globe. And it is this notion about LV that amused we when the Browns picked this place to live in.
I guess it’s the same with Amsterdam: when I visited the States, people asked me several times if it was really true that everybody in Amsterdam dumped their bikes in the canals and were high on drugs all the time… (to answer that: definitely not - and very few people, who are funnily enough often the tourists themselves)

Edited by LilyD
Word order correction
  • Like 8

Oh Mykelti fell for the ill-fitting fad dress.  That was not a good look although I like the color on her.  The bride shows no sign of ever even vaguely resembling the Brown family form or style.  Good for her.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Oh Mykelti fell for the ill-fitting fad dress.  That was not a good look although I like the color on her.  The bride shows no sign of ever even vaguely resembling the Brown family form or style.  Good for her.

To cut Mykelti some slack, she is pregnant with twins. She probably wanted to look nice for Michelle's shower and when she picked it out it fit nicely in the bust area, but pregnant women can change sizes so quickly, and I understand not wanting to buy something else. She might not have tried it on again until the morning of. 

I think she looks nice, comfortable and cool. She did dress up for Michelle. I don't doubt everyone loves Michelle and Logan.  

• Like 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Michelle, such a great choice for Logan.  I wish them every happiness!  🥂

Wonder where Meri and Robyn are?  

The petty part of me hopes that they weren't invited.  🙃

I like Michelle, too.  It's remarkable that she donated a kidney, apparently to a stranger.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
On 6/21/2022 at 4:38 PM, LilyD said:

I still wonder who conjured up the LV move and how the Browns were convinced to go there of all places…Vegas was everything they disapproved off and I doubt anyone living there knows the word “modesty”. They could have gone anywhere, yet they chose one of the most notorious cities in the US! 

Anyone could tell this would change and shape the kids into what they are today: Normal American teens and young adults, free from the clutches of the AUB, and I doubt this is what their parents originally intended!

My theory on move to LV...Robyn's stepdad and mom lived in a suburb. A younger sister, brother, and Mindy were there. 

I also suspect the Browns thought it would be a good way to capitalize on the real estate market at that time. 

Most of the time,, I think fleeing UT was hooey. Except that the "investigation" might have been food stamp fraud, and other misrepresentations that were brought to light with the "coming out" of the poor persecuted Browns. 

Ok. Enough. My finger might be numb. 🤪 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

My theory on move to LV...Robyn's stepdad and mom lived in a suburb. A younger sister, brother, and Mindy were there. 

That's interesting! I didn't know this. So,  Robyn had family living in LV.

Think about it for a second... How typical that the Browns moved from Utah to Las Vegas where they had absolutely nothing apart from Robyn's family and then from LV to Flagstaff where, again, they had nothing but Dayton's wish to go to college there plus Robyn stating that he could not live on his own and needed his mom.... 

As for Mykelti; As Scarlett45 pointed out, your body changes quickly, making it hard to find clothes that will always look good. Her baby bump is literally getting in the way and have an effect on anything she wears, save for maybe very baggy t-shirts, sweaters or dresses that are shaped like burlap bags. And those are definitely not doing her any favours. To me, she looks just fine and as pretty as a pregnant woman can be.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I think fleeing UT was hooey.

We have known that all along.  Even if there had been an investigation for fraud, there wouldn't be a lights and sirens arrest nor would the kids have been removed from the home.  That whole steaming pile of BS was totally producer driven and probably dreamed up by Kootie.  It was transparently ridiculous even at the time;  it wasn't even a police siren that they filmed!

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t know why Vegas gets this reputation, only the tourist areas are like this and locals don’t flock to those areas typically. There are normal people in Vegas, even modest people, going to work and living their lives. Not everyone works on the strip or in the tourist industry serving cocktails in some skimpy outfit (I wore long sleeves and body armor). 

We lived in the area for almost a decade. Part of me misses it, but not the heat. Toooo hot for too long.  Still, we were there for so long I got all warm and fuzzy flying back into McCarran after a visit back home. Las Vegas felt like home.  

Great post, TP. Amazing what some folks think of LV and the people that live here. And no, many of us don't gamble either. Nor do we know Celine Dion or Donny & Marie. 

BTW, if you ever decide to fly back for a visit, McCarran is now called Harry Reid.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Great post, TP. Amazing what some folks think of LV and the people that live here. And no, many of us don't gamble either. Nor do we know Celine Dion or Donny & Marie. 

BTW, if you ever decide to fly back for a visit, McCarran is now called Harry Reid.

Hi Soapy, as I clarified in my previous post, it was meant to illustrate my point (modest, two-faced, very religious Browns moving to a party capital). I am fully aware I was slightly exaggerating to underline this fact, as of course most people in Vegas don't live the frivolity and gambling lifestyle.

But.... yes the over the top lifestyle, gambling, anything is possible, quick marriages and partying is the image most people here in Europe have of LV. And no, it is not fair and it does not justice to the actual residents here. 

Having said this, generalisation and exaggeration is a fairly normal typical behaviour. I can't count the numerous times I had to explain to (mostly) Americans that we do not introduce kids to drugs as of an early age, that you cannot buy drugs at every single door step and that bikes are not parked as a habit by throwing them into canals when you are in Amsterdam.I just laugh and shrug it off if I hear those silly assumptions. In a way, Amsterdam's reputation can be compared to Vegas. From a tourist point understandable (as they only see the sights and excesses) but it doesn't do justice to the people actually living there.

Hope that clears the air, sorry if I unintentionally offended anyone as this wasn't the purpose of this post. I hereby rest my case.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 8/22/2022 at 8:36 AM, LilyD said:

I’m sorry @TurtlePower, I exaggerated a little to emphasize my point here. Of course not everybody is like that, but it is indeed a reputation that everybody is familiar with around the globe. And it is this notion about LV that amused we when the Browns picked this place to live in.
I guess it’s the same with Amsterdam: when I visited the States, people asked me several times if it was really true that everybody in Amsterdam dumped their bikes in the canals and were high on drugs all the time… (to answer that: definitely not - and very few people, who are funnily enough often the tourists themselves)

Oh no worries. Just about everyone who hasn’t lived there (or knows someone who does) thinks this about Vegas. And yeah the ones doing the dumbest things are typically the tourists. 

• Love 5

I don't think there is a state in the US that isn't frequently misunderstood and/or misrepresented. Massachusetts is a good example, everyone thinks Boston represents the entire culture of the state yet, it only represents a tiny fraction.

When I think of Vegas, I think of the strip first, when I think of UT, I think of Mormons first.

Its all good, we know what we know.

(I realize this is not the case with @LilyD - she was just using the LV strip culture as an example)

• Like 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, LilyD said:

Hi Soapy, as I clarified in my previous post, it was meant to illustrate my point (modest, two-faced, very religious Browns moving to a party capital). I am fully aware I was slightly exaggerating to underline this fact, as of course most people in Vegas don't live the frivolity and gambling lifestyle.

But.... yes the over the top lifestyle, gambling, anything is possible, quick marriages and partying is the image most people here in Europe have of LV. And no, it is not fair and it does not justice to the actual residents here. 

Having said this, generalisation and exaggeration is a fairly normal typical behaviour. I can't count the numerous times I had to explain to (mostly) Americans that we do not introduce kids to drugs as of an early age, that you cannot buy drugs at every single door step and that bikes are not parked as a habit by throwing them into canals when you are in Amsterdam.I just laugh and shrug it off if I hear those silly assumptions. In a way, Amsterdam's reputation can be compared to Vegas. From a tourist point understandable (as they only see the sights and excesses) but it doesn't do justice to the people actually living there.

Hope that clears the air, sorry if I unintentionally offended anyone as this wasn't the purpose of this post. I hereby rest my case.

Nice to "meet" you LilyD! Thanks for you reply. I'm not offended at all. I certainly can understand the generalization. It would be like me asking (and I'll be dating myself with this) if you knew Xaviera Hollander 😜 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, deirdra said:

Aspyn is standing oddly, bent forward so her dress hangs vertically. I wonder if she is pregnant too?

No idea really, I have to admit that I barely recognised her on the picture (which is a bit blurry.) I have wondered about Logan and Aspyn wanting kids. I think Logan said no, though he would be an amazing dad and probably quite hands-on. My gut feeling says that Michelle may be the decisive factor here.

I can definitely see Aspyn becoming a mom but it wouldn't surprise me if she puts it off until her early 30s, just living and enjoying the life for now.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Nice to "meet" you LilyD! Thanks for you reply. I'm not offended at all. I certainly can understand the generalization. It would be like me asking (and I'll be dating myself with this) if you knew Xaviera Hollander 😜 

Raises hand.  I read The Happy Hooker in the early 70's.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Gwen has Kody's hair line and the same shaped head that he does. Ysabel is a total clone of Christine in the shape of her face and nose. 

By comparison, none of Robyn's kids seem to look like her. 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

None of Robyn's first 3 kids look anything like Kody either...but yet, she has the artist's rendering to prove otherwise. 🤣

• Wink 2
  • LOL 19
19 hours ago, Kellyee said:

By comparison, none of Robyn's kids seem to look like her

Surely that doesn’t surprise you? Iirc Robyn had magically retained her ‘virginity’ through her first marriage and having her 3 kids. So they can’t possibly be hers😉

• LOL 10
27 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Surely that doesn’t surprise you? Iirc Robyn had magically retained her ‘virginity’ through her first marriage and having her 3 kids. So they can’t possibly be hers😉

I really need to watch cookiegate again, I seem to remember a couple of the older kids sitting there looking like “what kind of stupid bullshit is this?!?!?” …. everyone was expected to politely listen to Robyn’s fairytale because she’s Kodys favourite but I think it was Hunter who just couldn’t mask his disgust.

I watched Robyn’s performance and wondered if she’d lost her marbles and needed to be hospitalized and medicated! 🤪

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm absolutely sure it had nothing to do with Robyn's cookie talk, but it appears Logan and the older girls haven't shared their cookies with anyone but their first and only partners.

So far and at least on the surface, it really seems the Brown kids have grown into independent, responsible adults.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I really need to watch cookiegate again, I seem to remember a couple of the older kids sitting there looking like “what kind of stupid bullshit is this?!?!?” …. everyone was expected to politely listen to Robyn’s fairytale because she’s Kodys favourite but I think it was Hunter who just couldn’t mask his disgust.

It was also somewhat negated by the "cute" video Robyn herself chose to show of how goofy she was as a teen "dancing" with alluring hip moves and bare arms and letting us know that her mother told her to "get her scent out there". She was canoodling with Kootie before "marriage" and likely did the same with Day'un's father until they "had" to get married. She probably served up that cookie on a platter.

Logan has taken his time getting married, but the older girls married their first and only partners rather quickly. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 3
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

If you compare photos of Robyn when she is younger, Brianna favors Robyn's looks.

Agree on her 5 children, Brianna looks the most like her, Aurora looks more like her dad.  I think Ari  and Dayton favor Robyn a little.  Solomon looks a lot like Robert Garrison.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 8/31/2022 at 11:33 AM, Kellyee said:

Gwen has Kody's hair line and the same shaped head that he does. Ysabel is a total clone of Christine in the shape of her face and nose. 

I think Dayton looks the most like her. I see her in Breanna. Ari favors Hunter.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree on her 5 children, Brianna looks the most like her, Aurora looks more like her dad.  I think Ari  and Dayton favor Robyn a little.  Solomon looks a lot like Robert Garrison.

I agree that Sol looks like Janelle's boys. I see Hunter. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

If he didn’t want the attention he wouldn’t have posted about it on SM. 

At least he won't be announcing to all and sundry that he has 18 kids and four three wives!

• LOL 11
On 9/1/2022 at 12:18 PM, Roslyn said:

If you compare photos of Robyn when she is younger, Brianna favors Robyn's looks.

Methinks 'favors' isn't quite the correct adjective to be used here. More like, Brianna, sadly for her, looks like her mother...

• Like 3
  • LOL 4