Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ElectricBoogaloo

S05.E11: They Did What?

PENULTIMATE EPISODE!

As Bane enacts his final plan for Gotham's destruction, Gordon rallies his former enemies to save the city. Meanwhile, Nyssa al Ghul kidnaps Barbara's newborn daughter with ambitions to raise her as her own. Bruce's decision to leave Gotham points him to his destiny, while devastating Selina.

Promo:

Original air date: 4/18/19

• Like 1

letter-c.png

I got a lot to say, but a lot to process.

All I'll say right now is that this felt like a finale without actually being one, and it might have made a wonderful one if we had half the series I had hoped.

I'll have more to say later.

Barbara lives for the win! I am just glad that Barbara didn't die and Jim and Lee didn't get to raise baby Barbara.

Farewell Bruce! See you in a few years as bad ass Batman. Poor Selina. Make his life hell when he gets back, woman!

The middle of the episode suffered imo

Monologuing nyssa was a terrible 'final' villain so to speak. Thought the whole fight with babs, jimbo and nyssa was pretty...not good. The bat thing with bane was also kinda cheesy (in the not so good way). My comics knowledge is limited; does bane ever flip out bc of a cloud of bats swarming him? Bc i can't really picture bane of all people doing that. 

Onward to the positives:

• Thought they definitely must have fixed up bane's voice from last episode. Could actually understand what he said. Nice.
  • Lots of dots being connected: batgirl finally got her name, ozzy's gonna need a monocle, bruce leaves, commissioner jimbo, etc.
  • The bruce/alfred goodbye scene made me tear up.

-I guess now we see why Selina ends up stealing lots of nice things only mostly the wealthy have, perhaps to remind her of Bruce.  The show never really developed that, so I guess I'll take that guess then

-Despite a disappointing season, I liked this episode.  It honestly should've been the finale because it felt like it.  Next episode is a pilot of a show we won't get to see.

-Thank you cast for your tremendous work.  And a special shout-out to David, Camren, Robin, Cory, Sean, and Ben.  I would definitely watch a Batman movie or show with them reprising their roles.

-David and Camren just deserve to be the Bat and the Cat in the future.  The show began with them being the first ones shown, and this one ended with them being the last.

Edited by DR14
  • Like 1

Well, that was...interesting. Like a lot of people around here, I've been at least somewhat disappointed with this season as a whole. This episode did what it needed to do-tie up most of the loose ends and get the characters moving forward to their eventual destination. So, yeah a serviceable episode but a bit of a let-down considering the previews for the final episode.

We'll just have to see what they come up with for the series finale. I'll admit I'm rather psyched to see the entrance of The Dark Knight.

So, this was almost like the finale for the Gotham we already know, since it looks like the actual finale will be seeing everyone as the iconic characters from the comics.  I guess it makes sense.

Pleasantly surprised that Barbara didn't die and it likely still be a part of her child's life with Jim and Lee.  Of course, I still wonder if something could happen to her in the actual finale.  You never know with this show!

Nyssa and Bane ended up not being all that effective in the end.  Basically just a lot of talk and cockiness, and then get taken out in the most random ways possible.  Of course, both of them are still alive, so there might be more to their story next week.

Oh, Oswald and Nygma!  You two are something special!

Bruce is jetting off to be Batman and I'm guessing his absence will lead to Selina going full-tilt into the criminal aspects of her life.

I guess we'll see how they wrap up this crazy train next week!

DC, if you are smart enough to be reading this. Take this advice. Give David and Camren five to seven years and you have your perfect Bruce Wayne/Batman and Selina Kyle/Catwoman for the next incarnation in the movies.

• Like 1