Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's feeling tapped out on Tig Notaro. She's an interesting performer, and I understand that she had an incredibly series of events, but I understand that because I've heard it and read it and watched it already. I mean, I certainly feel like a jerk for saying that, but at the same time, I'd like to hear some new material.

Best long form (Drama and Comedy categories) - Must have a Minimum of 20 episode per season (can not split season between years). Because 8 episode seasons are a sprint, 20-22 are a marathon.

Interesting, but don't Emmy voters see a set number of episodes submitted by the show's producers, and vote based only on those anyway? (Wiki thinks so: "For most series categories, any six episodes that originally aired during the eligibility period must be submitted.") So there would be no real difference between "long form" and "short form" categories, unless you also mandate that each submit a different number of episodes.

Edited by Corgi-ears

Thanks so much Dougal! I've been missing a while that old mini about documentaries where Dave accidentally calls Michael Moore Roger, and the whole thing ends up dissolving into laughter. Seriously, there's intentional comedy, and there;s things like this that are just gold.

That clip from the Katering Show was hilarious so I went over to YouTube to watch. I've watched three in a row already, good stuff! thanks for recommending it Mark! I had never heard of it before.

• Love 1

Seconding the recommendation for The Katering Show, it is so funny, and full of little details to spot on re-watches (like that the little animation under the title is a colon pooping out different foods).

On 10/4/2016 at 11:21 PM, heatherkay said:

Absolutely horrified to get every single game time answer correct. How much of my frontal cortex is occupied by advertisements?

I didn't get every single one, but the vast majority of them. It is really distressing, especially considering how many of them were before my time (born in the late 80s). 

• Love 1

Yay! The Katering Show! The first series went viral in Australia so fast it made my head spin (especially the Thermomix episode aka 'hot wet rice'), and then the national broadcaster (the ABC) picked it up for the second series. McCartney and McLennan have been working in the Oz comedy scene for years, and it's so, so great to see them finally cracking the big time (relatively speaking).

• Love 1

Cue "Is this a show television's actual greatest monster Alan Alda has appeared on?" as a round in Is This Anything IV: A New Dope.

It was far harder than you'd expect to write puns shitty enough that they'd pass for Charmed episode titles. (I, of course, would have changed "Nymphs Just Wanna Have Fun" to "Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun", THERE YOU GO, CHARMED WRITERS.)

Also: No. Murder is not worse than Jazz.

I'm just going to leave this here to make Dave happy:

Spoiler

KarateSquid.png

• Love 3

Excellent game, @SnideAsides! Congratulations to all the players.

In case anyone was wondering, a blue heeler is not only a type of Australian cattle dog, but an Australian slang term for a police officer (due to their blue uniforms). Hence the cop show called Blue Heelers.

And a 'skirt' is a rather old-fashioned slang term for a woman, usually used in the Trumpian sense of 'a bit of skirt' or 'a piece of skirt'. The short-lived Australian cop show called Skirts was about a community policing squad that contained a higher-than-usual number of female officers. The title was an attempt at irony, and the show was actually pretty good (I was one of the few people who watched it).

• Love 2

Thanks for the game, @snideasides! I was happy to make it to the tie breaker, even if I was doomed by GI Joe.

And I was sure Alan Alda had done a black and white, no laugh track, serious examination of the toll Battle of the Network Stars takes on its participants. (That wasn't a chicken - it was Robert Conrad!).

• Love 2

YAY KIM!!!!!!!

happy dance

Tosses confetti

has suggestions on how to use her prize.

This was fun.  And hard.  Remind me never to compete on this hilarious (but hard) podcast.

(it was a sad day.  Chip lost heehaw).

• Love 1

You may like to know that Season 2 of Humans ("Heard of 'em!") is returning in the UK on October 30th (from what I can find, it won't be broadcast Stateside until next February, though). Most of the regulars from Season 1 will be returning (except for most of the dead ones).

Edited by John Potts
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, John Potts said:

You may like to know that Season 2 of Humans ("Heard of 'em!") is returning in the UK on October 30th (from what I can find, it won't be broadcast Stateside until next February, though). Most of the regulars from Season 1 will be returning (except for most of the dead ones).

Woooop!