Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

So many things would be awesome. I think I'd go for Cottonmouth's Biggie painting from Luke Cage.

Also from interviews I've heard with actors stealing stuff from the set is pretty rampant. I recall Katee Sackhoff talking about taking her flight suit from BSG (she was asked about it because she wore it on some show).

A great big AMEN to the Nonac submission! I gave up on HIMYM a couple seasons before it ended, and the finale still infuriated me. I quit watching because I thought Robin had become such a harridan that I didn't understand why both Ted and Barney were so infatuated with her. I thought Marshall was going to develop a crush on her too. It is possible for a woman to be both focused on her career and not a complete shrew. Ugh. It really annoyed the crap out of me.

I totally agree that the finale belongs in the Nonac, but I think the whole last season could go in there. My partner was about 1.5 seasons behind on the show, and after I saw the finale, I told him to stop at the end of season 8. While there are a few good episodes here and there, I don't think the 9th season is worth the time/frustration/heartache. 

I'll also add that not only is this a good pick for the Nonac, but the submission itself was fantastic. Probably one of the top 2-3 listener Canon/Nonac submissions ever.

As a game show freak, I should point out that the Betty White question didn't specify prime-time Emmys, and in 1983 she became the only woman ever to win the Daytime Emmy for best game show host (for "Just Men!") until Meredith Vieira won in 2009.

I need Dave's faux excitement exclamation over the Muppets being back to be my new ringtone. MUPPEEEEEETS!

I've never been more irrationally angry over a television show than when I watched the HIMYM finale.  Just a slap in the face to everyone who stuck with the show for an unnecessarily long time. 

As someone who has adopted recently, I wanted to thank Allison for her insight on how This Is Us is handling the issues of adoption. I actually had to stop watching because I turned into a blubbering mess every episode, but I found many moments extremely real before myself and my tear ducts had to depart. I think a lot of shows don't know how to handle adoption, but This Is Us seems to be doing it justice...at least so far.

During the tiny triumph section, did I hear that the original Extra Hot Great episodes are available somewhere? I would love to listen to them

I am appalled that anyone thinks that a remake or reimagining or re-whatever of Fatal Vision is necessary.  2 hours?  Freddy Kassab's switch from pro-McDonald to con- could take two fascinating hours alone!  I agree with Sarah; air the original (I search on DirecTV every couple months to see if anyone's showing it, just for fun) and for god's sake put it on DVD (it's not, as far as I can tell).  Now I'm off to reread for the billionth time my tattered Fatal Vision paperback.

I always thought Scandal would work better as a high school drama because it seemed so ridiculous to me that world leaders would be so juvenile and incompetent. Sigh.

The Elementary Elementary sounds so adorable! I would watch that.

All of these were brilliant... and I want to see them ALL. I don't know why blustery grey days give me a hankering for these kind of dumb movies... like the entertainment equivalent of gooey caramel.

And oh my god. Dave was not kidding. Feast your eyes on the list of Hallmark Christmas movies. 

• Love 1

Do you think by the time the filming of episode 3 of Top Chef Charleston came about, someone in the production office said: "Hey, maybe we should rethink the challenge where the losing team has to pick cotton all day while the winning team relaxes in luxury"?

• Love 1

I've never cosigned a 'crack pot' theory more than this one. All of the '____ Life' shows are super guilty of this (Island Life, Hawaii Life, etc ...) I watched a marathon of at least 5 Island Life episodes once where every single episode ended with the house hunting couple's offer being rejected and them saying, 'we're still looking for our island paradise.' RAGE.

Totally agree with Tara's assessment of Divorce. I had high hopes because of Sharon Horgan, and it has a lot of talented people both in front of and behind the camera. But, Sarah Jessica Parker is also the problem for me. So glad Tara pointed out how frequently she brushes the hair out of her face. I haven't seen her in anything since probably The Family Stone, so I don't know if that is a tic, a character choice, or an itchy wig. It was really distracting in the season finale.

Also, cosign on how great Fleabag is. Hilarious and devastating.

I'm kind of bewildered by why they would not choose a house at the end of the show because as far as I can tell it's all a scam anyway and no one ever buys any if the houses featured in any of these shows! (This is based on what I have read on The Internet and the fact that my cousin and his wife 100% do not live in the house they chose on Waterfront House Hunting or, indeed, a Waterfront House of any description.)

Given that it's all made up anyway, why not make up a satisfying ending? Maybe Hawaii realtors have some super-strong code of ethics that stops them from lying on these shows.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, mskyle said:

Given that it's all made up anyway, why not make up a satisfying ending? Maybe Hawaii realtors have some super-strong code of ethics that stops them from lying on these shows.

If anything it's that Hawaii realtors can't be bothered to find more options. #fuckinghawaii

• Love 2

As a lifetime citizen of Charleston WV, Imagine my joy in hearing my name tied to 2014 Freedom Industries water poisoning snaffu. I would like to point out that while yes, that was a thing that happened , its not happening anymore (as far as I know) even though later that year WV legislators actually voted to loosen water safety regulations. To take a book out of the Shinehardt Wig Company playbook I propose the following promotional shirt:

Charleston, WV: NOT Poisoning the water since 2014 (that we know of)

Also, as it turns out, in light of the James Holmes incident, it turns out Charleston WV is also steeped in racism.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Madman Felton said:

As a lifetime citizen of Charleston WV, Imagine my joy in hearing my name tied to 2014 Freedom Industries water poisoning snaffu. I would like to point out that while yes, that was a thing that happened , its not happening anymore (as far as I know) even though later that year WV legislators actually voted to loosen water safety regulations. To take a book out of the Shinehardt Wig Company playbook I propose the following promotional shirt:

I had just the day before watched a documentary produced by past guest of the show John Ramos -- What Lies Upstream -- about regulatory agencies spreading fake science, and...a lot of time was spent on Charleston. So it was on my mind! (And if you want to watch that film, you can back the Kickstarter and help them finish it!) I'm certainly very happy to hear things are less poisony there now.

• Love 1
On 12/13/2016 at 0:09 PM, John Potts said:

I thought Game Time was very [Blank]. Surprised [Blank] didn't get [Blank], though.

7 hours ago, jima said:

All the blanks during Game Time was very Match-Game-esque. "I can give you a blank!" "Give me the first blank!"

I posted this last time there was a game with blanks because it's all i can think of when I hear Dave say blank this blank that etc. 

Edited by PatternRec
  • Love 2

Of those, I'd go for Hawaii Five-O - so iconic they brought it back thirty years later!

2 hours ago, jima said:

there are so many excellent theme songs to choose from. ("Diff'rent Strokes.")

How did that not come up (a sure win if Sarah was picking)!? Though there are others like The A Team & Friends that could have been in there too.

• Love 1
  4 hours ago, Madman Felton said:

I had just the day before watched a documentary produced by past guest of the show John Ramos -- What Lies Upstream -- about regulatory agencies spreading fake science, and...a lot of time was spent on Charleston. So it was on my mind! (And if you want to watch that film, you can back the Kickstarter and help them finish it!) I'm certainly very happy to hear things are less poisony there now.

John produced that? I had no idea. I have friends that shot video on it. From what I understood it may never be finished because the director kept adding new footage to try to incorporate Flint and stuff.

I actually hosted an open mic that night at a bar that wasnt legally supposed to be open that night. We were on a different water system from the rest of the city. Truthfully, nobody actually knows what MCMH would actually do to the human body, so it is possible that it could be harmless, aside from turning to formaldahyde when heated.

Also, google George Southern Water Bottle.

Jack: You know there are no known side effects. The children will be perfectly fine
Cece: They're Orange!