Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Kelli got on a TCC  in season 2 for coming to uniform fitting in her regular clothes and no makeup. 

Yes! Brittany D’Alesandro! I remember feeling that Brittany did have a cavalier attitude about that particular scene, and Kelli was SO nasty to her.  My biggest takeaway from it - if you are a normal person trying to juggle a normal life and all its messiness, you aren't going to make it in DCC land.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Yes! Brittany D’Alesandro! I remember feeling that Brittany did have a cavalier attitude about that particular scene, and Kelli was SO nasty to her.  My biggest takeaway from it - if you are a normal person trying to juggle a normal life and all its messiness, you aren't going to make it in DCC land.

Brittany was late and got cut for that. She told Kelli she worked in a day care which was probably why she wasn't dressed up.

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Brittany was late and got cut for that. She told Kelli she worked in a day care which was probably why she wasn't dressed up.

I believe she had been late before, too.  And to be honest, I thought she looked like she hadn't showered in a while.  Her hair looked greasy and dirty.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I almost feel sorry for them, having to constantly be in full make up and nice clothes every time they go out.  I mean, imagine being Janelle and having to take a 16-hour flight back to Australia in a dress and heels.

Jinelle 100% put on trackies, uggs and a hoodie the moment she got on that plane 🤣 Not sure how many every day folk know the DCC by sight in the US but here she would be just another pretty girl getting off a plane. No one would recognise her, therefore no need to stay in the dress and heels. I don’t want to wear dresses at normal times let alone on a long flight 🤣

Edited by onthebubble
Typos
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I believe she had been late before, too.  And to be honest, I thought she looked like she hadn't showered in a while.  Her hair looked greasy and dirty.  

Agreed. Dry shampoo, a brush, some mascara and lipgloss would have helped solve those problems. And imo, it’s not unreasonable to expect something close to game day hair and makeup when doing a fitting, especially for a “camera” day. If you’re already 20 minutes late might as well take two extra in the car for that fluff and puff. 

• Love 4

Re-watching S7.

Only Judy’s daughter would barely make the team as a Vet the be rewarded with teaching the TCC a dance and being made Group 1 Leader. I realize Cassie was recovering from surgery but again, no one else would be given that treatment.  

• Love 11

Rewatching season 4 auditions on Pluto and I never noticed that you can see Megan Fox (assist choreo) in the top corner of the dance floor leading the dancers in semi finals DURING the audition. I don't know if she did it for every single set of five (that seems like a LOT of times), but you could see a few of the ladies in one group with their eyes on her (instead of facing forward) to see the steps. I don't know if that was SOP (or still is) for the semis, but just a little something I noticed in my millionth rewatch.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Rewatching season 4 auditions on Pluto and I never noticed that you can see Megan Fox (assist choreo) in the top corner of the dance floor leading the dancers in semi finals DURING the audition. I don't know if she did it for every single set of five (that seems like a LOT of times), but you could see a few of the ladies in one group with their eyes on her (instead of facing forward) to see the steps. I don't know if that was SOP (or still is) for the semis, but just a little something I noticed in my millionth rewatch.

I noticed that too I think last year on Pluto.  Its the only time I've seen them being lead through semi's. They've never mentioned it before or since. Somehow I think they've always done it and still do - but they just don't show us?

• Love 3

Karissa made it so far in training camp and looked that weak going into finals ???  And Alyssa Torress demonstrates that many of them don’t believe the “ we have to try out every year to avoid complacency “.  Cause she says “ I don’t know what went wrong   And i thought I had a good year “.  Darlin. You bombed the interview.  That’s what went wrong.   And you weren’t the best dancer 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Karissa made it so far in training camp and looked that weak going into finals ???  And Alyssa Torress demonstrates that many of them don’t believe the “ we have to try out every year to avoid complacency “.  Cause she says “ I don’t know what went wrong   And i thought I had a good year “.  Darlin. You bombed the interview.  That’s what went wrong.   And you weren’t the best dancer 

God had other plans😔

• LOL 9
52 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I love it when they say they don't know what wrong. But my all time fave is Keyra saying she would just like some kind of explanation .. Sure darl. I am sure Kelli and Judy will come give you feedback 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

I love it when they say they don't know what wrong. But my all time fave is Keyra saying she would just like some kind of explanation .. Sure darl. I am sure Kelli and Judy will come give you feedback 🤣

Idk, I feel that if I were a vet and I was cut I'd like some feedback. However, I also think that any vet on the chopping block going into auditions is likely called into the office to discuss retirement/re-auditioning plans and issues would be brought up in that conversation. Things like weight, memory, etc. should be at the forefront of their minds going into auditions. For Keyra, I wonder if she thought that things like being late weren't important enough to factor into her cut or if that conversation was never held.

On another note, I'm watching season 7 on Pluto and saw Kelli say "I love the way Kinzie prances." I swear that's the one time her name is ever mentioned her rookie year. I know she acted as a vet comparison a couple of times in later years, but she was just invisible her rookie season. Which makes me really sad, because she's one of my all time favorites.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Idk, I feel that if I were a vet and I was cut I'd like some feedback. However, I also think that any vet on the chopping block going into auditions is likely called into the office to discuss retirement/re-auditioning plans and issues would be brought up in that conversation. Things like weight, memory, etc. should be at the forefront of their minds going into auditions. For Keyra, I wonder if she thought that things like being late weren't important enough to factor into her cut or if that conversation was never held.

If Keyra doesn't think being late isn't a good enough reason to get herself cut, then she hasn't watched the 10+ seasons that went before hers. But I say this as someone who never saw 'firecracker Keyra'. She always annoyed me and I was not disappointed to see her go. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, onthebubble said:

If Keyra doesn't think being late isn't a good enough reason to get herself cut, then she hasn't watched the 10+ seasons that went before hers. But I say this as someone who never saw 'firecracker Keyra'. She always annoyed me and I was not disappointed to see her go. 

Oh, I completely agree. To me, she always came across as someone who trusted that being a "firecracker" would keep her safe, that's the only reason I thought she might have ignored her being late. But I've never seen her being an amazing performer either, and her facials always bothered the hell out of me.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, dariafan said:

Watching season 5 on Pluto    Don’t know how Ann Lux made it.     And I wish Paula t had come back in a year or so to try again 

Paula would have been killer the next year...I really liked her. I liked Ann Lux. Charlotte had a real problem with her more reserved personality, but her dance was solid, she's 'girl next door' pretty...they can't all be 'girl last night' pretty...

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Season 6–

I saw a rookie that I didn’t remember at all. DCC:Making The Team wiki tells me it may be Rebecca Lynn, who was cut around episode 7 but it wasn’t shown. Anyone have any details about her and/or her cut?

4 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Season 6–

I saw a rookie that I didn’t remember at all. DCC:Making The Team wiki tells me it may be Rebecca Lynn, who was cut around episode 7 but it wasn’t shown. Anyone have any details about her and/or her cut?

Rebecca Lynn was blonde and was only featured during the uniform fittings segment. Shelly B said her cut wasn't shown but never gave a reason as to why. 

Only picture I can find of her is this 2011 TCCs group shot. She's in the front row 2nd from left. She's between Alyssa Torres and Jackie Bob.

image.png.cbe9d38f57ca6be38dd5c7ff1c3570ac.png

Edited by MrsEVH
4 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Season 6–

I feel like I remember her getting corrections on her kicks as well. She would throw her head and neck into it and wasn't very controlled - possibly a contributing factor to her cut?

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I feel like I remember her getting corrections on her kicks as well. She would throw her head and neck into it and wasn't very controlled - possibly a contributing factor to her cut?

I've always wondered why it wasn't shown. I don't think it was for anything criminal (Sintia) or legal action (Amy R, Erica). I just don't buy that it was not shown because of lack of time. Maybe she withdrew by phone/email or got violent and had to be walked out. Just my guesses.

EDITED: found this about her:

https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Rebecca_Lynn

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1
On 1/11/2021 at 8:58 PM, onthebubble said:

Wasn't the year she got cut the same year that two people showed up late to DCC makeovers (I can't for the life of me remember who though)?  They weren't immediately cut.... so maybe truancy only applies to some people.  I guess she didn't realize she wasn't the exception. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

Wasn't the year she got cut the same year that two people showed up late to DCC makeovers (I can't for the life of me remember who though)?

I get my seasons mixed up, but I only remember 1 season in which 2 people were late for makeovers, and they were Kristin & Dayton.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I've always wondered why it wasn't shown. I don't think it was for anything criminal (Sintia) or legal action (Amy R, Erica). I just don't buy that it was not shown because of lack of time. Maybe she withdrew by phone/email or got violent and had to be walked out. Just my guesses.

EDITED: found this about her:

https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Rebecca_Lynn

Yeah, she was briefly shows just a couple of times early in training camp but then she just disappeared.  I remember Shelly saying that she must have been cut on a non-filming night,  but as that link points out, you can see her waiting to talk to Kelli and Judy on a cut night.  So weird!

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I get my seasons mixed up, but I only remember 1 season in which 2 people were late for makeovers, and they were Kristin & Dayton.

I believe Keyra made the team in S12 (w/ current 4th years) and she was cut at finals the following year. Kristin and Dayton were late in S13 so I believe @SMP637is correct

• Love 2
8 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I believe Keyra made the team in S12 (w/ current 4th years) and she was cut at finals the following year. Kristin and Dayton were late in S13 so I believe @SMP637is correct

Oh yeah, because the year Keyra made it was also the year Dayton was cut at finals, right?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I recall the vets coming to finals and Keyra did the lame high kick like she she was trying to intimidate them. Wasn't she one of the few who said that vets could be cut? It seems like all of the girls that said it got cut. 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I recall the vets coming to finals and Keyra did the lame high kick like she she was trying to intimidate them. Wasn't she one of the few who said that vets could be cut? It seems like all of the girls that said it got cut. 

I've always wondered how that works. Does CMT focus in those vets because K&J told CMT those girls might be cut? And if so, wouldn't those girls be tipped off that they're in danger? Or does CMT interview every vet to get them to say that?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cgloss said:

I've always wondered how that works. Does CMT focus in those vets because K&J told CMT those girls might be cut? And if so, wouldn't those girls be tipped off that they're in danger? Or does CMT interview every vet to get them to say that?

I would assume that they interview all/most veterans to have them say it, but only use the interviews where it adds to the storyline.  I can also think of several times we have seen veterans explain the re-audition process who weren't in danger of getting cut.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I would assume that they interview all/most veterans to have them say it, but only use the interviews where it adds to the storyline.  I can also think of several times we have seen veterans explain the re-audition process who weren't in danger of getting cut.

Do you remember the ones who said it? I recall Kamilah and Carmen B. Maybe Lauren C or Amy R?  

2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Do you remember the ones who said it? I recall Kamilah and Carmen B. Maybe Lauren C or Amy R?  

Are you asking which of the veterans who did get cut?  Or the ones who did not get cut? 

Off the top of my head, I remember Whitney Isleib (I can never spell her name right), I can picture her in her interview outfit explaining why veterans go through the audition process again and that you have to earn your spot back.  I can't remember what year it was but she was a strong veteran, didn't get cut and went on to be point.  Emma is another one, I know she and another veteran were interviewed coming into finals.  I can't think who the other one was, but another strong veteran.

Of the veterans that did get cut, I remember Alyssa Torres, Kali, Carmen B.  Maybe Morgan?  I'm sure we could dig through the Wiki to get exact quotes but I'm lazy haha.  https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Cut/Resigned_Veterans 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

Are you asking which of the veterans who did get cut?  Or the ones who did not get cut? 

Off the top of my head, I remember Whitney Isleib (I can never spell her name right), I can picture her in her interview outfit explaining why veterans go through the audition process again and that you have to earn your spot back.  I can't remember what year it was but she was a strong veteran, didn't get cut and went on to be point.  Emma is another one, I know she and another veteran were interviewed coming into finals.  I can't think who the other one was, but another strong veteran.

Of the veterans that did get cut, I remember Alyssa Torres, Kali, Carmen B.  Maybe Morgan?  I'm sure we could dig through the Wiki to get exact quotes but I'm lazy haha.  https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Cut/Resigned_Veterans 

The ones who said it and actually got cut.

Season 1 is playing on Pluto right now. Ryan Ray was cut at the end of the last episode...next episode you can clearly see her as Power Squad tees were passed out and when the girls were at Gilleys riding the mechanical bull. Great editing as always, CMT.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 1/21/2021 at 7:05 PM, SMP637 said:

Wasn't the year she got cut the same year that two people showed up late to DCC makeovers (I can't for the life of me remember who though)?  They weren't immediately cut.... so maybe truancy only applies to some people.  I guess she didn't realize she wasn't the exception. 

Yes, it was the same year, and DCC rules are always selectively applied. In fairness, Keyra wasn’t immediately cut for being late either, but if anything, that is why it always seemed like a BS excuse from Kelli. I’ve always thought it was more of a “Keyra isn’t a favorite, I’ve never liked Keyra’s body type, and now she’s no longer getting the friend bonus with Cersten retired, so let’s cut her ..... but I don’t want to say those reasons on tv, so let’s just go with the late reason.” 

• Love 16
On 1/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, SMP637 said:

If (and that’s a big IF) you believe the reason that Kelli gave for Keyra being cut was lateness, she was supposedly late to hospital visits. As an actual rookie cheerleader, representing the team and the organisation in a professional capacity. Dayton and Kristin were late to make overs - it still affects the look of the organisation but realistically not as much as having a uniformed cheerleader show up to an appearance. Again it’s all an ‘if’ because we all know what Kelli / CMT / editing is like 🤣

Edited by onthebubble
typos
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 1/21/2021 at 6:30 PM, aeroluv327 said:

Yeah, she was briefly shows just a couple of times early in training camp but then she just disappeared.  I remember Shelly saying that she must have been cut on a non-filming night,  but as that link points out, you can see her waiting to talk to Kelli and Judy on a cut night.  So weird!

Shelly said something about her cut not being shown for storyline reasons, but if we've seen her, wouldn't you want to finish her story?

21 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

If (and that’s a big IF) you believe the reason that Kelli gave for Keyra being cut was lateness, she was supposedly late to hospital visits. As an actual rookie cheerleader, representing the team and the organisation in a profession capacity.

And Gabby supposedly had attitude at appearances, so again representing the team in a professional capacity.

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, Sara 1 said:

Thankyou for the link! I've also discovered quite a while ago that on daily motion there're some of season 13,14 and 15 episodes!

https://www.dailymotion.com/search/Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team/videos?sortBy=most_viewed

Thank you!

3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

They always show the same seasons! I'd love to see some of the older ones again on there.

Me too! I'm hoping they'll show season 14 too

• Love 2

This is my first time posting. I've read through this entire thread and I am just loving everything that I have found out! I only started watching the show because of Pluto so I had a lot to catch up on.

One thing I've observed lately is that Kitty and Kelli really enjoy feeling women up. Kitty was all up in Kali's (not Kali Fullerton, but the blonde that I loved from season 7) business and you could tell she was really uncomfortable. This was season 6 and Kali didn't make it until season 7.

During the uniform fittings Kelli is all up in there on all of the girls and you can just see how uncomfortable some of them are. 

Also, you ever notice that the old school cheerleaders look a lot older than the new ones? Kitty never looked young and Meredith Odin's mom also looked 50 when she was cheering. I almost miss having the cheerleaders look like mature woman as opposed to little girls. 

I also think that the only cheerleader from season 1 that would make it today is Nicole Hamilton. She's my all time favorite. Tobie might have made it as well, but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Anyway, I really enjoy reading this board so thank you to all of you that post!

• Love 8
On 1/24/2021 at 12:56 AM, scorpio1031 said:

And Gabby supposedly had attitude at appearances, so again representing the team in a professional capacity.

not that i know gabby or that you're necessarily wrong, but damn i can't see this at all lmao

• Love 12
On 1/25/2021 at 9:29 AM, Pucca said:

This is my first time posting. I've read through this entire thread and I am just loving everything that I have found out! I only started watching the show because of Pluto so I had a lot to catch up on.

One thing I've observed lately is that Kitty and Kelli really enjoy feeling women up. Kitty was all up in Kali's (not Kali Fullerton, but the blonde that I loved from season 7) business and you could tell she was really uncomfortable. This was season 6 and Kali didn't make it until season 7.

During the uniform fittings Kelli is all up in there on all of the girls and you can just see how uncomfortable some of them are. 

Also, you ever notice that the old school cheerleaders look a lot older than the new ones? Kitty never looked young and Meredith Odin's mom also looked 50 when she was cheering. I almost miss having the cheerleaders look like mature woman as opposed to little girls. 

I also think that the only cheerleader from season 1 that would make it today is Nicole Hamilton. She's my all time favorite. Tobie might have made it as well, but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Anyway, I really enjoy reading this board so thank you to all of you that post!

Love Nicole and Tobie! I also think Brooke would make it because she was a great dancer and she lost the weight in time for football season!

I LOVE Nicole Hamilton. Nicole, Kandi, Leah, and Christina Parker are the girls that caught my eye in the first season. 

I keep giggling over a tiny piece of choreography in season 2. Every time I see it, I just break down laughing. It’s during Season 2 camp, kind of early in the season. The girls are faced away from the camera, bootie-popping. Then, they all lift their left legs, and go briefly into a pose my brain calls “Gotta Fart!” 

When it comes around again, I’ll try to get a clip of it to share...

• LOL 7

I love you guys cause I don’t feel

bad for mainlineing this like a drug !    It still always cracks me up when we see something happen , then we get a talking head with the girl and the two things do not resemble each other at all   Mainly after they get a kitty critique 

• Love 3
On 1/27/2021 at 2:47 PM, MelissaMinion said:

I LOVE Nicole Hamilton. Nicole, Kandi, Leah, and Christina Parker are the girls that caught my eye in the first season. 

I keep giggling over a tiny piece of choreography in season 2. Every time I see it, I just break down laughing. It’s during Season 2 camp, kind of early in the season. The girls are faced away from the camera, bootie-popping. Then, they all lift their left legs, and go briefly into a pose my brain calls “Gotta Fart!” 

Season 2 episode 1 is on Pluto right now!

On 1/27/2021 at 2:47 PM, MelissaMinion said:

LOL pretty sure I just saw it, that's not a good look.

On a similar note, why do they do so much booty-popping in the first place? Don't the judges always comment on the girls that just do twerking at auditions? Well newsflash, you have your cheerleaders do the same thing and it rarely, if ever, looks good.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3