21 hours ago, Trulyadorkable said:

Ok. I'll play.

Season 3: Cassie Trammell

Season 4: Cassie Trammell

Season 5: Cassie Trammel 

Season 6: Cassie Trammell

Season 7: Cassie Trammel 

Let me elaborate...

Season 3: Cassie Trammell (*below average dancer)

Season 4: Cassie Trammell (*below average dancer, *personality)

Season 5: Cassie Trammell (*average dancer, *personality, *attitude)

Season 6: Cassie Trammell (*average dancer, *personality, *attitude, *behavior)

Season 7: Cassie Trammell (*average dancer, *personality, *attitude, *behavior, *injury)

Edited by Trulyadorkable
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8

I didn’t think Cassie should have made it her first year, based on what we saw,  but not much different than Breelan or Ashley Pro or Caila or Kat or a million other last picked that they hope will get better and rarely do. Cassie did, tho, and while she wasn’t in the best half of dancers, held her own. She also had her tumbling and a good singing voice for the variety shows they did back then. 

I feel the same way about passing her through with an injury as I did with Danielle, Daphne, Brooke, etc….she would have been healed in time for regular season and had proven she could be a good cheerleader. 

I think she got some advantages because of her mother, 100%, but they’re consistently inconsistent on deal breakers to make the squad. Now if some of the behavior issues are true, she should have been given the treatment of Erica, Holly, etc. and quietly stepped down. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

I didn’t think Cassie should have made it her first year, based on what we saw,  but not much different than Breelan or Ashley Pro or Caila or Kat or a million other last picked that they hope will get better and rarely do. Cassie did, tho, and while she wasn’t in the best half of dancers, held her own. She also had her tumbling and a good singing voice for the variety shows they did back then. 

I still don't think she should have made it at all her first year because she was not nearly as good as the other girls (and not even as strong a dancer as Victoria) which made it even more obvious that she got in strictly based on her connections.  She never really improved either and, in my opinion, was in the bottom 10 or so girls on the squad in terms of dance ability.

I feel the same way about passing her through with an injury as I did with Danielle, Daphne, Brooke, etc….she would have been healed in time for regular season and had proven she could be a good cheerleader. 

She MIGHT have been healed in time for the regular season depending on exactly what her injury was, when it happened, if she was doing her physical therapy and followed the doctor's orders exactly.  The fact that she wasn't healed in time and didn't seem to spend much time dancing during the season makes me think she wasn't doing what she was supposed to or she would have been healed much sooner.  The rumors that she wasn't doing much, if any, of her physical therapy didn't help her "bratty"/spoiled/entitled image either.

I think she got some advantages because of her mother, 100%, but they’re consistently inconsistent on deal breakers to make the squad. Now if some of the behavior issues are true, she should have been given the treatment of Erica, Holly, etc. and quietly stepped down. 

She got a LOT of advantages due to her mother.  However, I'll also give you that they're wildly inconsistent on what are considered deal-breakers because, no matter what they tell the girls about standards and the like, Kelli will ALWAYS break the rules, or at least try to, for the pretty girls, even if they have major issues.  If the rumors are about the behavior issues are true, she SHOULD have been cut or released before she retired, but, because of who she was, she was allowed to get away with it and retire quietly.  I think the treatment they gave Holly, Erica and several of the others was BECAUSE of Cassie.  They know the rumors are still swirling about it and don't want to have to deal with it again.  However, both Erica's and Holly's were FAR more obvious/public/egregious then Cassie's but Cassie's was more demoralizing to the team because the other girls wouldn't be able to go to the very people who should be cracking down on such issues.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, kalibean said:

Yes, the argument that injured vets (or mainly just Cassie) shouldn’t have been given a chance in training camp is always odd to me and seems to completely go against the argument that K&J don’t care enough about the team. It’s not like an injury is not a matter of just showing up out or shape or getting outscored because others are better dancers. So, it’s a no brainer to me that a cheerleader who has proven herself and given years to the team should at least be given a chance to recover from her injury in training camp. The fact that it’s Cassie, who a lot of people don’t like, shouldn’t change that analysis. 

Of course, if the injury gets worse or if it’s clear that the cheerleader won’t be ready in time, that’s a different story, but I firmly believe any injured cheerleader should be given the chance in training camp. 

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yes, the argument that injured vets (or mainly just Cassie) shouldn’t have been given a chance in training camp is always odd to me and seems to completely go against the argument that K&J don’t care enough about the team. It’s not like an injury is not a matter of just showing up out or shape or getting outscored because others are better dancers. So, it’s a no brainer to me that a cheerleader who has proven herself and given years to the team should at least be given a chance to recover from her injury in training camp. The fact that it’s Cassie, who a lot of people don’t like, shouldn’t change that analysis. 

Of course, if the injury gets worse or if it’s clear that the cheerleader won’t be ready in time, that’s a different story, but I firmly believe any injured cheerleader should be given the chance in training camp. 

I think Cassie gets the most criticism because she DIDN'T seem to get better during Training Camp yet was still kept (and shown to be teaching a routine during Training Camp but seemed to pull the "I'm too injured to perform today" during several games/shows during the season unless she was highlighted, ie the Breast Cancer halftime, all of which can be seen on the show during Season 7) while girls like Danielle were injured before Camp but not selected (though that was changed up last moment, also seen on the show) or Daphne who seemed to be FORCED to perform while injured (and thus risk GREATER injury) to keep her spot.  There were also two TCCs who had torn ACLs who were on crutches that had to withdraw because they would be out at least 6 months which would prevent them from performing.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I think Cassie gets the most criticism because she DIDN'T seem to get better during Training Camp yet was still kept (and shown to be teaching a routine during Training Camp but seemed to pull the "I'm too injured to perform today" during several games/shows during the season unless she was highlighted, ie the Breast Cancer halftime, all of which can be seen on the show during Season 7) while girls like Danielle were injured before Camp but not selected (though that was changed up last moment, also seen on the show) or Daphne who seemed to be FORCED to perform while injured (and thus risk GREATER injury) to keep her spot.  There were also two TCCs who had torn ACLs who were on crutches that had to withdraw because they would be out at least 6 months which would prevent them from performing.

Favoritism towards Cassie (which I don’t dispute) isn’t what I’m talking about. My post was about whether a vet with a non-season ending injury at tryouts should be taken into training camp and given a chance. It just seems that some people simultaneously suggest that it was right for Danielle and Daphne (who arguably DID have a season ending injury, even before she injured the other knee) to be taken into training camp, but that Cassie should’ve been cut at auditions, and that makes no sense. Poor performance due to a non-season ending injury should be overlooked at tryouts or it shouldn’t be….. and it shouldn’t matter whether it’s Cassie (who I don’t like) or someone like Jada (who I really like). 

As for TCCs, they’re in a different boat. They haven’t proven themselves as DCCs, but we’ve even seen several tccs who have minor injuries be allowed to sit out of the jump split until the latter half of training camp. We also saw Erica sit out basically the entire training camp until her cut the last year she was there.

Ultimately, I think it’s a good thing for the girls- tccs and vets - to be given time to heal from injuries. If Cassie happened to benefit one year, I don’t have a problem with that. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Favoritism towards Cassie (which I don’t dispute) isn’t what I’m talking about. My post was about whether a vet with a non-season ending injury at tryouts should be taken into training camp and given a chance. It just seems that some people simultaneously suggest that it was right for Danielle and Daphne (who arguably DID have a season ending injury, even before she injured the other knee) to be taken into training camp, but that Cassie should’ve been cut at auditions, and that makes no sense. Poor performance due to a non-season ending injury should be overlooked at tryouts or it shouldn’t be….. and it shouldn’t matter whether it’s Cassie (who I don’t like) or someone like Jada (who I really like). 

As for TCCs, they’re in a different boat. They haven’t proven themselves as DCCs, but we’ve even seen several tccs who have minor injuries be allowed to sit out of the jump split until the latter half of training camp. We also saw Erica sit out basically the entire training camp until her cut the last year she was there.

Ultimately, I think it’s a good thing for the girls- tccs and vets - to be given time to heal from injuries. If Cassie happened to benefit one year, I don’t have a problem with that. 

I agree with you about the season ending injuries.  I guess we were coming at it from two different direction and I thought you were saying something slightly different then you were.  I also agree that girls with injuries SHOULD sit out, but still attend, until it is confirmed whether or not they can actually dance. 

Were Cassie and Daphne absolutely required to perform during Training Camp or get cut, was it just "strongly hinted" that they do so or get cut without management explicitly stating it, or did they choose to join in despite knowing that they would be compounding not only the original injury but risking new/additional injuries to continue?  If the first two, that is completely on management and could be risking lawsuit depending on how the contract is worded/how the DCC are classified under Texas law and the third is just the girls being stupid/risking their future health for the present.

It's no secret that I've not liked Cassie from the get go and I haven't cared enough about the rookies (save for Ashlinn, Tori and Madeline S) to pay attention to who's who or how well they dance.  Well, I should say Marissa as well because she's so polarizing.

Most Underrated DCCs of All Time:

Season One: Julie Jacobs

Season Two: Gina Bechetti and Kristen Gauthier

Season Three: Michelle Keys

Season Four: Malia Morales

Seaon Five: Sasha Agent

Season Six: Amber Lea and Amelia Bren

Season Seven: Kali Nicole

Season Eight: Samantha Clark

Season Nine: Victoria Carriere

Season Ten: Bess Voegtle

Season Eleven: Kelli Sullivan

Season Twelve: Tara Szybillo

Season Thirteen: Amber McMillan

Season Fourteen: Lisa Mills

Season Fifteen: Dani McGinnis

• Love 7
On 10/22/2021 at 4:06 PM, EricaShadows said:

I haven't cared enough about the rookies (save for Ashlinn, Tori and Madeline S) to pay attention to who's who or how well they dance.  Well, I should say Marissa as well because she's so polarizing.

In what manner (except for those ridiculous tie toks)?

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

In what manner (except for those ridiculous tie toks)?

People here and elsewhere seem to love her or hate her.  I don't mind her either way but think she's just young and silly for the most part (though I do admire her for kicking Tanner to the curb).  I haven't really seen her dance (or watched those stupid TikToks) but I can recognize her because she doesn't have the stereotypical long hair.  I still remember a screengrab where it looked like she was possessed, but the picture was just taken at a bad time and she was just excited.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

No, they don't have show group only members.

I do think people see making show group as a safety net. You make show group, you made the team unless you royally eff something up, as in the Holly/Jenna/Erica/Chelsea type situations -- and, yes, I know Holly quit on her own & Jenna stayed, but they were very close to being cut & may have been if Holly hadn't quit & Jenna hadn't straightened up. I don't remember if Erica & Chelsea were even on show group, but I believe their situations would have gotten them cut anyway.

Being cut after making show group is rare. Has it ever even happened (not counting anyone who royally effed up)?

Moved to a different thread...

Yes! Hannah was cut in season 15 after being show group both her rookie and 2nd year. She didn't really eff up anything... it seems like Kelli was itching to make room for rookies, hence the four vet cuts, including Hannah, a show group member 😢

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Moved to a different thread...

Yes! Hannah was cut in season 15 after being show group both her rookie and 2nd year. She didn't really eff up anything... it seems like Kelli was itching to make room for rookies, hence the four vet cuts, including Hannah, a show group member 😢

But was she selected for show group in season 15? I don't remember (but given how badly they were editing her, I'd doubt it). I'm talking about being selected for show group & being cut in the same training camp. Past seasons don't count (although you would think if they were good enough in the past for show group they'd stil be good enough for the team).

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

But was she selected for show group in season 15? I don't remember (but given how badly they were editing her, I'd doubt it). I'm talking about being selected for show group & being cut in the same training camp. Past seasons don't count (although you would think if they were good enough in the past for show group they'd stil be good enough for the team).

I'm not sure about pre-MTT but if I recall correctly the only one during the MTT era who has made show group but then gotten cut is Sunni Cranfill her first season trying out.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, PollyHowell said:

I'm not sure about pre-MTT but if I recall correctly the only one during the MTT era who has made show group but then gotten cut is Sunni Cranfill her first season trying out.

This always is given as the example but I have never seen any proof that Sunni was chosen for SG the first time she tried out. How do we know that? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

This always is given as the example but I have never seen any proof that Sunni was chosen for SG the first time she tried out. How do we know that? 

I agree. I do not remember SG auditions in season 3 which was her first time in TC.

• Love 1
On 10/24/2021 at 5:24 PM, PollyHowell said:

I remember it this way as well. I’ll have to pay attention when S3 comes back around. 

If Cassie Trammell hadn't been Judy's daughter, I don't think she would have even made it to finals. She was placed on that team and given a spot she didn't earn because Judy was her mom. She stuck out like a sore thumb, and not in a good way. And then Judy and Kelli had the nerve to cut other legacies and say that you can't expect that being a legacy will automatically get you a spot on the team. Why not? It certainly did for Cassie.

• Love 13
On 10/21/2021 at 7:21 PM, Trulyadorkable said:

Let me elaborate...

Season 3: Cassie Trammell (*below average dancer)

Season 4: Cassie Trammell (*below average dancer, *personality)

Season 5: Cassie Trammell (*average dancer, *personality, *attitude)

Season 6: Cassie Trammell (*average dancer, *personality, *attitude, *behavior)

Season 7: Cassie Trammell (*average dancer, *personality, *attitude, *behavior, *injury)

Agreed ! I will also add that along with her below average dance ability , she did not have an “HD friendly “ face (Kelli said this about a girl much more attractive than Cassie) , her hair was a hot mess and Kelli could have pushed that Jackie O book at her to give her some refinement and etiquette . Her “that sucks “ comment she us said several times isn’t exactly classy or something one would expect to hear from one of America’s sweethearts 🤷‍♀️

• Love 7

Annual(ish) rewatch is underway, and I’m in season 7. So…

I’m always reminded that this is the season where Kelli and Rainer argue about Danielle’s makeover, and then he is just never heard from again, haha. The next season they use a different stylist. Poor guy may be in a shallow grave somewhere for disagreeing with Queen Kelli.

Jasmine Goode is clearly looking for exposure in her rookie training camp. There’s even one time where she’s giving this little speech about how lucky she feels on cameo day, and she even peeks over her shoulder to make sure the camera is on her.  Poor thing just wanted her 15 minutes. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, GenX88 said:

Agreed ! I will also add that along with her below average dance ability , she did not have an “HD friendly “ face (Kelli said this about a girl much more attractive than Cassie) , her hair was a hot mess and Kelli could have pushed that Jackie O book at her to give her some refinement and etiquette . Her “that sucks “ comment she us said several times isn’t exactly classy or something one would expect to hear from one of America’s sweethearts 🤷‍♀️

What gets me is that when she used "that sucks" she was a 5th year! Anyone else would have been cut for so many of her transgressions (her dance, her memory, her looks, her excuse for using someone else's inhaler 🙄, her behavior on the USO tour). I could not agree more that they should have given her the Jackie O book to teach her etiquette as apparently her mother nor the DCC etiquette coach were able to teach her. I have a strong sense that she probably didn't feel any of the DCC rules applied to her knowing who her mother is.

• Love 6
On 10/10/2021 at 1:26 PM, evasworld123 said:

Taylor should have known about the Me Too movement. No excuses. Her post lacks personal accountability so I understand the frustration with it.

However, I don’t like seeing her criticized for sharing her own sexual assault experience and that she felt suicidal after being humiliated. The ability to be vulnerable and share emotions authentically is something to be praised in my mind. It doesn’t make her not tough or dramatic.

My parents taught me to take responsibility and not blame others. I’m grateful for this. However, telling kids to ‘get over it’ when they’re upset isn’t quality parenting. Just results in emotionally stunted adults with anxiety disorders and more. 

When I was 15 I asked my mom if I could go see a psychiatrist and she said "Oh for god's sake, get over it" The next week I tried to commit suicide. Get over it is one of the worst things you can ever say to a person struggling with mental health. I'm 50 now and I had to really work through how my parents were through therapy. 

I was shocked when Taylor didn't know the Me Too movement. It was everywhere at the time. 

Oh and everything does happen for a reason.. the reason is that there isn't a reason. Drives me crazy when the girls say that but it's a coping mechanism so I don't judge. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, GenX88 said:

Cassie wasn't pretty, but one thing about her I did appreciate was that she didn't go all crazy injecting her lips. I have thin lips and I've always hated them so it was nice to see that. She also had a great body.

She couldn't dance and her attitude was terrible so I never liked her. I remember in season 4 during the first meeting where everyone was sitting by how they scored and Cassie was in the second to back row (maybe even the back row, I don't remember) and I thought.... oh yeah she only scored that high because no one was going to give her a "no". 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pucca said:

She couldn't dance and her attitude was terrible so I never liked her. I remember in season 4 during the first meeting where everyone was sitting by how they scored and Cassie was in the second to back row (maybe even the back row, I don't remember) and I thought.... oh yeah she only scored that high because no one was going to give her a "no". 

When she first introduced herself in Season 3, I remember thinking "The only reason Cassie is going to make the squad is because of who she knows/is related to."  That held true the entire time she was on the squad: no one was going to give her a "no" because that would get them on K&J's sh*t-list.  I remember thinking the same thing about Victoria.  She was going to make the squad because no one besides Kelli (and maybe Charlotte) were going to tell her "no".

Jay Johnson spoke up about Cassie in Season 7 and we didn't see him save as background (and we certainly didn't hear from him) for several seasons.

• Love 8

I know we've all mentioned the wonky editing in later seasons, but has anyone ever caught the editing in the first season?  There's a section where they go to etiquette training and her hair is the reddish brown that they did at makeovers then they're at boot camp for I think the second one and Leah's hair is blonde,.  I noticed that happens several times in that episode.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

I know we've all mentioned the wonky editing in later seasons, but has anyone ever caught the editing in the first season?  There's a section where they go to etiquette training and her hair is the reddish brown that they did at makeovers then they're at boot camp for I think the second one and Leah's hair is blonde,.  I noticed that happens several times in that episode.

I was just noticing this last night. They even had a boot camp segment with Ryan in it AFTER she was cut. The editing that season was really bad. Leah's hair is blonde, then darker, then red, then blonde, then darker... hahaha. 

• Love 2
On 10/27/2021 at 9:31 PM, Pucca said:

Cassie wasn't pretty, but one thing about her I did appreciate was that she didn't go all crazy injecting her lips. I have thin lips and I've always hated them so it was nice to see that. She also had a great body.

The whole thing with Cassie's face is that it radiates discontent, anger and bitchiness. I remember one very short scene (I think with Lennon) where she genuinely seemed happy and was really smiling. That changed her face so much!

As for going crazy on fillers and injections: I think it really took off about 5 years ago, where girls in their 20s (definitely within DCC) started to use these techniques. Lacy comes to mind straight away. Before that it was mainly boob jobs and the occasional nose job.

• Love 8

Yikes the fillers.  They look so bad.  I have a friend who is much older than the DCC and I look at her puffy face and wonder how the hell she thinks it looks better. I wonder if she sees my head tilting as I try to figure out what she has done without asking her. I still can't imagine how these girls in their 20's who get fillers, botox, etc are going to handle aging.  I'm all for some cosmetic surgery when women age but done tastefully not like Kenny Rogers who couldn't have won his own look a like contest or Priscella Presley who ended up looking worse.  The DCC are all beautiful and do not need all that crap done.  Madeline Jane is gorgeous but looks different this year and not in a better way.  Same with Caroline.

the DCC account switch I would not be surprised if it is because of that douche.  I enjoy following many of the girls personal accounts but I also hate all the MLM and sponsoring. As I have said before, the best thing for these ladies when they leave DCC is to get a real job and figure out the adult world.  It's an eye opener.  Some of these ladies remind me of the people still living on their high school glory.   and let's face it having babies will take away from hours of getting ready.

• Love 6
On 10/24/2021 at 7:39 PM, MrsEVH said:

I agree. I do not remember SG auditions in season 3 which was her first time in TC.

They didn't show the auditions during that season. 

I heard Emma made it her rookie year in season six, but got cut in season seven. She made it back for eight and nine. Can anyone confirm? 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, BlueBear2008 said:

I heard Emma made it her rookie year in season six, but got cut in season seven. She made it back for eight and nine. Can anyone confirm? 

That's what I thought because I don't remember it.  Interesting about Emma IF it's true. 

I really wish you could search the threads as I’m sure these questions have probably been answered but I can’t find them! I have some questions about who made SG in which seasons- if you have any of the answers I would really appreciate it!

1. Did Sydney Durso make show group for all 7 years she was on the team or only from her 3rd season onwards?
  2. Did Emma Dutton make SG in her 2nd year? I think she makes it in her rookie year and her 3rd and 4th but unsure about her 2nd year.
  3. Did Justine Phillips make SG in her 2nd year? Again, she makes it her rookie year and the other years she is on the team but unclear whether she makes it her 2nd year.
  4. Did Starr Spangler make SG her 3rd year? I have her down as making it her 2nd year on the team but not the 3rd. 
  • Useful 1
On 10/30/2021 at 3:57 AM, BlueBear2008 said:

Emma? Emma Dunton? Who ended up a AllStar for like 5 or 6 years/like Katy Fink/Nicole Bulcher etc? 

If I'm being honest I think we need a separate thread stickied at the top of forum with each year's show group and each year's allstars because I lost track of whose in show group/allstar every year

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Love 4
On 10/28/2021 at 10:44 AM, Kamal said:

people hated Victoria but unlike Cassie at the end of the day she earned her spot on the team with her dancing. Cassie.....

Better dancer (and adequate dancer for DCC although she made a lot of mistakes), but I question how much she "earned' vs. was "given" at the end of the day. For example, that fall out of the turn/slip on the pom during open auditions would have automatically eliminated anyone else. She was given a lot that she didn't earn. So, yea, better dancer than Cassie but still shown a lot of favourtism at the end of the day.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

I really wish you could search the threads as I’m sure these questions have probably been answered but I can’t find them! I have some questions about who made SG in which seasons- if you have any of the answers I would really appreciate it!

1. Did Sydney Durso make show group for all 7 years she was on the team or only from her 3rd season onwards?
  2. Did Emma Dutton make SG in her 2nd year? I think she makes it in her rookie year and her 3rd and 4th but unsure about her 2nd year.
  3. Did Justine Phillips make SG in her 2nd year? Again, she makes it her rookie year and the other years she is on the team but unclear whether she makes it her 2nd year.
  4. Did Starr Spangler make SG her 3rd year? I have her down as making it her 2nd year on the team but not the 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

Emma? Emma Dunton? Who ended up a AllStar for like 5 or 6 years/like Katy Fink/Nicole Bulcher etc? 

If I'm being honest I think we need a separate thread stickied at the top of forum with each year's show group and each year's allstars because I lost track of whose in show group/allstar every year

Going by the DCC Wiki Fandom, Emma Mary doesn’t have a “SG” next to her name in her 2nd year, but does in years 1, 3, and 4. Perhaps she didn’t want to be considered for her 2nd year? New job? Planning her wedding? Other personal reasons? But yeah, IMO, she’s a freaking DCC legend so it’d be surprising if she didn’t make “the cut” for SG her 2nd year. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

I've thought this to, or like a FAQ section that can be added to as things happen i.e Victorias leave of absent and stuff like that so the other threads don't get blocked up by it! 

4 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Going by the DCC Wiki Fandom, Emma Mary doesn’t have a “SG” next to her name in her 2nd year, but does in years 1, 3, and 4. Perhaps she didn’t want to be considered for her 2nd year? New job? Planning her wedding? Other personal reasons? But yeah, IMO, she’s a freaking DCC legend so it’d be surprising if she didn’t make “the cut” for SG her 2nd year. 

I was going by that too but not 100% sure on the accuracy of it all 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Better dancer (and adequate dancer for DCC although she made a lot of mistakes), but I question how much she "earned' vs. was "given" at the end of the day. For example, that fall out of the turn/slip on the pom during open auditions would have automatically eliminated anyone else. She was given a lot that she didn't earn. So, yea, better dancer than Cassie but still shown a lot of favourtism at the end of the day.

I think any known dancer also could have gotten away with the pom slip, be it a recruited dancer, local dance team, local studio, etc.  As long as she killed it in other areas like appearance and had good lines, they'd waive them through to round two and see if they pulled it together after the initial jitters.  A random that flew in that no one had heard about?  She would have had to be exceptionally beautiful and probably not even then.

I think that's all part of that first night round when Kelli, Judy and Charlotte get together and make sure they don't "miss" anyone.  

100% both VK and Cassie got away with a lot, but I do think we see it every season.  I thought they were both fine DCC in the end, just not Show Group and showcase material.  Cassie's figure was always great and I think she was strong in the old variety shows with tumbling and singing.  (Entitled behavior/locker room shittiness excluded, of course.)

• Love 8
On 11/4/2021 at 4:35 AM, KnyghtRyder said:

Wikipedia isn't exactly 100% accurate tho because anyone can edit it. Remember when Jenna Jackson left after her 6th year and then someone changed that page to say Jenna was THE CAPTAIN since her 2nd or 3rd year and that she was "co" point/captain with whoever was point from her 2nd or 3rd year .. and it got all changed back removing Jenna. So it maybe correct on Wikipedia but its not 100% correct.  

20 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Wikipedia isn't exactly 100% accurate tho because anyone can edit it. Remember when Jenna Jackson left after her 6th year and then someone changed that page to say Jenna was THE CAPTAIN since her 2nd or 3rd year and that she was "co" point/captain with whoever was point from her 2nd or 3rd year .. and it got all changed back removing Jenna. So it maybe correct on Wikipedia but its not 100% correct.  

Oh I agree, it’s all user based so really anyone with time, energy, and a keyboard can change it to anything they want. The Wiki Fandom and Wikipedia are 2 separate sites. I feel like whoever was the admin for Wiki Fandom site was pretty conscientious for a good while though, many of the seasons are pretty thoroughly fleshed out.

I really only ever go to the site when I see a girl on Pluto TV and I’m completely confused as to who they are….

Like, the “other” Cassie (on SG rookie year, cut year 2 at finals).

Like, Ashley Farrel and Victoria Carriere, who are actually two separate people. And not one girl they just keep calling by a different name each season. (Same with Carey DePasquale and Colleen Meghan.)

• Love 1

Emma did not make SG her second year.  She did want to be considered for it.  She was on it again her third and fourth year.  She did not have a good enough audition year two just as Jalyn did not her second year (cannot speak for her third, just that last year was a mess all around with weird/poor decisions so who knows).  

• Love 5
On 11/3/2021 at 6:50 AM, MegzClarkie said:

1. I don't think Sydney was on Show Group until season 5 when she was the alternate. 

2. I think someone answered that one. 

3. Justine was on it all 5 years. 

4. That one I don't know....

• Love 1
7 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Emma did not make SG her second year.  She did want to be considered for it.  She was on it again her third and fourth year.  She did not have a good enough audition year two just as Jalyn did not her second year (cannot speak for her third, just that last year was a mess all around with weird/poor decisions so who knows).  

@LaurenBrook - WELCOME BACK, Stranger!!!!!!!!

• Love 4
On 10/21/2021 at 6:18 PM, Trulyadorkable said:

Ok. I'll play.

Season 3: Cassie Trammell

Season 4: Cassie Trammell

Season 5: Cassie Trammell

Season 6: Cassie Trammell

Season 7: Cassie Trammell

I was watching season 1 on Pluto and I think Melissa Rycroft should have been cut. They don't show her dancing much, but the times they do show her it's nothing special.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Pucca said:

I was watching season 1 on Pluto and I think Melissa Rycroft should have been cut. They don't show her dancing much, but the times they do show her it's nothing special.   

It’s funny how much they showcase her now, because as I recall when she was actually on the team she was always kind of a struggler. I think she also trashed the DCC in her autobiography, but it’s been years since I read it so I could be mistaken on that. Edited to add I enjoy her segments, but I’m just surprised Kelli and Judy seem to think so highly of her.

Edited by blairwaldorf
  • Love 1
On 11/8/2021 at 8:40 PM, blairwaldorf said:

It’s funny how much they showcase her now, because as I recall when she was actually on the team she was always kind of a struggler. I think she also trashed the DCC in her autobiography, but it’s been years since I read it so I could be mistaken on that. Edited to add I enjoy her segments, but I’m just surprised Kelli and Judy seem to think so highly of her.

She did indeed. I read it yesterday. Also fell asleep reading it too. THANK GOD I bought it on amazon kindle and I practically read it and then  requested a refund (and amazon refunded me) on it because it was that shit. She practically called the entire team out for being mean apart from like 2 or 3. But it was basically a "bitch fest" on her then, but now husband Tye.

I don't think Kelli and Judy think highly of her tho. Because why was she even given a job in DCC? Her dancing? Her "wonderful" actions during her tenure on the team? Her being on the Bachelor? Her being on Dancing With the Stars? Take your pick on why Kelli and Judy now "favours" her. The same can be said about Olivia who was married to Kitty's son so Kitty would sing praises for her when she was married to her son wouldn't she. But the min they break up and divorce and Olivia also went to perform for the Rockettes and it was Jacie who gets the praises for being a DCC then being Rockette but Kelli, Judy, Shelly B etc but doesn't mention that Olivia was a Rockette after being a DCC and before Jacie was a Rockette

There was another girl who was on Mavs for a few years, then jump ship to DCC and then jumped back to the mavs, who released an autobiography who said that if you needed help you would have "a dozen hands" giving you what you need/helping you on the mavs but on DCC they don't "look after each other" like a sister should. 

The 3 Scholz sisters had an auto biography but it seems to me that only one of them wrote it and the other 2 sisters just had contribute like 2 or 3 pages in total. plus half the people mentioned in that book, I can't seem to place their names to their pics at all. Tho I found it weird that their book also stated their dad invented the scholz shoes insoles but the "history" of the Scholz insoles seems to have been invented by someone with similar name to them to them, not if a family relative but def not their dad who invented it!!!

Think there was also another book that is now out of print and super hard to get at that I havent read. So out of the 4 books released (that I know of, unless there are more) I read 3 of them and all of them was badly written and definitely moaned (esp Melissa/the girl who went from Mavs to DCC back to Mavs).

• Useful 2
53 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

There was another girl who was on Mavs for a few years, then jump ship to DCC and then jumped back to the mavs, who released an autobiography who said that if you needed help you would have "a dozen hands" giving you what you need/helping you on the mavs but on DCC they don't "look after each other" like a sister should. 

who?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Think there was also another book that is now out of print and super hard to get at that I havent read. So out of the 4 books released (that I know of, unless there are more) I read 3 of them and all of them was badly written and definitely moaned (esp Melissa/the girl who went from Mavs to DCC back to Mavs).

Is it this book? 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22331551-what-i-learned-half-naked

• Useful 1
On 11/8/2021 at 9:40 PM, blairwaldorf said:

It’s funny how much they showcase her now, because as I recall when she was actually on the team she was always kind of a struggler.

She was a struggler and a cry-baby. IIrc she wasn’t well liked by most of her team mates either. Also, her looks weren’t that special; definitely not DCC beautiful, just average.

I’m guessing they brought her back because she is a “DCC-success” story. They sell it as if her DCC tenure lead to the bachelor and then to dancing with the stars.
I highly doubt DCC or MTT helped her getting onto the Bachelor, it would have been a little bonus at best.I never got why she was selected for Dancing with the Stars btw. Probably because she was so  cruelly dumped and humiliated on national tv, making her ‘famous’ thus interesting for the show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2