Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: King of Swords

preeya
  • Start Topic

When a history-making blizzard hits New York, Max and his staff must work together to keep their patients safe with little resources, even if it means taking to the streets of the city and braving the storm.

Edited by preeya
(edited)

The title of this episode should have been "What Else Could Possibly Go Wrong"

A city-wide blackout on top of a blizzard. That's a little too much TV drama.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 4

It almost seemed like this episode was aired out of order. The last I saw with Helen and Sendhil Ramamurthy, she looked less than enthused that he already had kids. This episode? No mention of or follow through with that at all. Unless I missed something in the last episode, which is entirely possible. 

They also all of a sudden went warp speed with Max and Helen. There had always been (imo) chemistry and a certain rapport, but now Sendhil Ramamurthy points it out to her, the clairvoyant mentions it, and it's being addressed seemingly head-on by the two parties involved. 

That said, given this show's penchant for melodrama and predictability, I'm going to guess that in the next episode, both of them state that "the thing" can never be, only to be solidified when it winds up that the clairvoyant really did die after all, and it ends with one or two last meaningful looks, and Max/Helen goes back on the backburner until Georgia leaves him. 

I think one of the most telling aspects of the clairvoyant's scenes was that Max tacitly acknowledged that he feels something a lot of viewers have expressed since the show began: that he is forever jumping through hoops for Georgia but it's somehow never enough. That's not sustainable and that relationship is hanging on by a thread (again, imo). 

And then there was Bloom. If they'd intended to go down this road with her, the writers really should've done a better job of making her a more sympathetic character, because as it is, I can't find myself caring all that much about her struggles. Plus, the show's already replaced Bloom professionally in the emergency department and personally by having her former bed buddy being in love with the woman with whom Bloom set him up. So what's the point of this (other than, I assume, writing around the actress's maternity leave or something)? 

Beyond that, wow, was this entire episode filled with implausibilities as far as the eye could see.  And now, on top of everything, there's a blackout. Because of course there is.

• Love 7

Well uhhh that was an episode. Why didn't Iggy have a phone on him?

Why doesn't New Amsterdam have its own plows? Or at least a snowblower!

Why are they trying to push a relationship between Max and uhhhh, Dr. oncologist - Sharpe? They haven't really shown any evidence of an attraction before.

So, start of next episode, the hospital generator is going to kick on, right?

Or are they going to go "oh well john in maintenance forgot to get diesel for the generator aw shucks"

• Love 6
9 hours ago, catrice2 said:

came in on the last 20 minutes. What was happening with Max and Helen? And why was Bloom saying she will never practice again?

Helen's boyfriend, the clairvoyant patient, and Max and Helen themselves realized that Max and Helen are attracted to each other. Bloom stole pills from another resident while helping her through an overdose and although she didn't take them, she wanted to.  Apparently, Bloom thinks she will only be allowed to practice if her desire for drugs no longer exists. I thought that the fact she went to the counselor to confess taking the pills was a huge sign that she was on the road to recovery.

Remind me never to be in a hospital during a natural disaster. Between New Amsterdam and Grey-Sloan on Grey's Anatomy, it is clear that hospitals are the worst place to be. Stay away from the generators, Max!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Helen's boyfriend, the clairvoyant patient, and Max and Helen themselves realized that Max and Helen are attracted to each other. Bloom stole pills from another resident while helping her through an overdose and although she didn't take them, she wanted to.  Apparently, Bloom thinks she will only be allowed to practice if her desire for drugs no longer exists. I thought that the fact she went to the counselor to confess taking the pills was a huge sign that she was on the road to recovery.

Remind me never to be in a hospital during a natural disaster. Between New Amsterdam and Grey-Sloan on Grey's Anatomy, it is clear that hospitals are the worst place to be. Stay away from the generators, Max!

Thanks. Bad decision by writers ti have Max married with a pregnant wife even if there was no Helen. I do not see them going anywhere with it other than the grass is greener type thing since he is feeling inadequate for wife and to pander to viewer comments but I cannot say they have not had chemistry from the start. It is only magnified because they have none with the wife and boyfriend 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, weathered1 said:

then there was Bloom. If they'd intended to go down this road with her, the writers really should've done a better job of making her a more sympathetic character, because as it is, I can't find myself caring all that much about her struggles. Plus, the show's already replaced Bloom professionally in the emergency department and personally by having her former bed buddy being in love with the woman with whom Bloom set him up. So what's the point of this (other than, I assume, writing around the actress's maternity leave or something)? 

I don’t care about that story either. Can’t even be curious about it.

Max/Sharpe thing: I wish there was no thing but it there has to be a thing it is better than the annoying wife thing. 

• Love 1

I enjoy a good natural disaster episode.  I'm not sure if this was a good one or not.  I did really enjoy the parts that didn't involve Bloom.  Although Max clearly hasn't read Five Days at Memorial if New Amsterdam doesn't have a better disaster plan.

I don't like the "will they/won't they" thing, but I hate the wife, so I'm...kinda okay with it?

While I have never mounted an anemometer to the roof of my hospital, the way Iggy reacted to the storm is basically how I would have.  I always come prepped to spend the night.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This episode cracked me up.  The DRAMA!!  Oh, no, no ambulances can get to the hospital.  Cut to scenes of surgeons battling through torrential snow-winds to get to people and practice medicine outside int he blinding snow.  I love it!

I will say I am surprised they decided to pull the trigger on Max and Sharpe so soon.  Ryan and Freema have great chemistry but I wasn't prepared for them to confront it.  Also Ryan Eggold did a great job of face acting when confronted with the idea that Max had to explicitly admit to himself that he had more than co-workerly feelings for Sharpe. He looked rueful, embarrassed, uncertain. 

I don't miss Bloom at all.  Her replacement is prickly, but I like her.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, weathered1 said:

It almost seemed like this episode was aired out of order. The last I saw with Helen and Sendhil Ramamurthy, she looked less than enthused that he already had kids. This episode? No mention of or follow through with that at all. Unless I missed something in the last episode, which is entirely possible. 

I noticed at the beginning, it looked like the outside of Bloom's rehab place was decorated for Christmas, and the stroke lady's husband made a crack about reindeer, so perhaps the episode was meant to be aired around Christmas. 

In terms of the blizzard, I kind of felt like Iggy deserved whatever he got for being so stupid as to go out on the roof in the middle of the storm in order to fix his weather toy.  And maybe I'm wrong, but I'd think a major urban hospital has backup generators that kick in immediately when there is a blackout, as well as probably some kind of emergency phone that goes directly to the city's disaster response team or the electric utility to ensure they are made a priority for power restoration.  I get the show likes its drama, I just wish it didn't always feel so ridiculous. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

HAHA. Yeah, right. And deny Max the opportunity to vow to kill himself to protect the patients? 

Okay, I cheated. That was in the previews, but still.

I had read on a gossip site that a medical drama was renewed, even though the numbers weren't really that high, and that to keep/get more viewers, they'd have the two leads get together, since that's what the fans wanted.

Many speculated it was this show, and with this new avenue, I think they may be right.

It's funny that Max immediately assumed that the person who he'd been jumping through hoops for, all for nothing, was the wife, and the clairvoyant said she didn't mean his wife.

I also think the show underestimated the literal negative chemistry he'd have with his pregnant wife. Trying to go back and show us the beginning of their romance, failed.

Trying to show her as this awesome superwoman, failed.

Which is why I think she's going to be "staying with her parents" for a while.

Max will generate power with his optimism and because someone asked him nicely - probably an adorable child.

That gossip site isn't talking about New Amsterdam - this show got renewed in January, I think.

The lack of chemistry between Max and his wife is just shocking - I don't think I have ever seen too characters have such a lack of chemistry - usually on a show, it'll be "Oh they seem like brother and sister, them being together would just feel wrong!" but these two - they just seem like two people pulled off of the street who were told to pretend to be married.

They could recast her with a cardboard cutout and there'd be more chemistry.

Edited by bros402
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Did I miss an episode where Helen and Max had a “thing”?  If Helen thinks that Max looking at her with his sad puppy dog eyes and cute puppy dog head tilt is flirting, she’s got another thing coming. He does that to everyone, even Red Reddington. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
On 3/13/2019 at 2:35 AM, weathered1 said:

They also all of a sudden went warp speed with Max and Helen. There had always been (imo) chemistry and a certain rapport, but now Sendhil Ramamurthy points it out to her, the clairvoyant mentions it, and it's being addressed seemingly head-on by the two parties involved. 

I saw chemistry, but I always felt it was just a very close understanding/friendship.  

16 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Thanks. Bad decision by writers ti have Max married with a pregnant wife even if there was no Helen. I do not see them going anywhere with it other than the grass is greener type thing since he is feeling inadequate for wife and to pander to viewer comments but I cannot say they have not had chemistry from the start. It is only magnified because they have none with the wife and boyfriend 

6 hours ago, bros402 said:

The lack of chemistry between Max and his wife is just shocking - I don't think I have ever seen too characters have such a lack of chemistry - usually on a show, it'll be "Oh they seem like brother and sister, them being together would just feel wrong!" but these two - they just seem like two people pulled off of the street who were told to pretend to be married.

I don't like the wife.  The only episode I even felt any sort of spark between them was the one where they had a flashback to when they met.  I think the reason they included her is because this was loosely based on a real person and he probably had a wife who was pregnant.  

• Love 1
On 3/13/2019 at 2:35 AM, weathered1 said:

That said, given this show's penchant for melodrama and predictability, I'm going to guess that in the next episode, both of them state that "the thing" can never be, only to be solidified when it winds up that the clairvoyant really did die after all, and it ends with one or two last meaningful looks, and Max/Helen goes back on the backburner until Georgia leaves him. 

I think one of the most telling aspects of the clairvoyant's scenes was that Max tacitly acknowledged that he feels something a lot of viewers have expressed since the show began: that he is forever jumping through hoops for Georgia but it's somehow never enough. That's not sustainable and that relationship is hanging on by a thread (again, imo). 

And then there was Bloom. If they'd intended to go down this road with her, the writers really should've done a better job of making her a more sympathetic character, because as it is, I can't find myself caring all that much about her struggles. Plus, the show's already replaced Bloom professionally in the emergency department and personally by having her former bed buddy being in love with the woman with whom Bloom set him up. So what's the point of this (other than, I assume, writing around the actress's maternity leave or something)? 

Beyond that, wow, was this entire episode filled with implausibilities as far as the eye could see.  And now, on top of everything, there's a blackout. Because of course there is.

Absolutely agree!  I thought I'd missed an episode and was confused as to what was going on with Max and Helen.   Yes, they're colleagues and have a mutual admiration/compassion for each other and the wrok they do but I never saw any inkling of romance (or really wanted it) between them; just doesn't make sense at this moment.  Sadly, this scenario reminds me exactly of Suits and the two lawyers (married man whose wife  just had a baby and the other lonely, single lawyer; they, of course, decide to be friends--after a few close encounters, lol!).     BTW, never cared for Georgia and after showing the flashback how they met, I liked her even less.    Yeah, the clairvoyant was on point regarding Max and how much he gives of himself, to Georgia and others.

I wonder, too, if Sendhil is mysteriously gone for a while?  Was a bit odd and nonsensical how they just dropped his admission of having children and then didn't follow through. Is he not a good father? did he abandon them? What?   She's trying desperately to have a child; did they have some "off screen" conversation we don't know about? A problem with this show, like others, the writers have to/need to show the viewer what's going on--not leave gaping holes that we have to fill in the blanks.     

Bloom - sure, write her out; she didn't add much value to the story anyway.

On 3/13/2019 at 2:37 AM, bros402 said:

Well uhhh that was an episode. Why didn't Iggy have a phone on him?

Why doesn't New Amsterdam have its own plows? Or at least a snowblower!

Why are they trying to push a relationship between Max and uhhhh, Dr. oncologist - Sharpe? They haven't really shown any evidence of an attraction before.

So, start of next episode, the hospital generator is going to kick on, right?

Or are they going to go "oh well john in maintenance forgot to get diesel for the generator aw shucks"

HEHEHE - and you're ruing the story with your logic!   Yep, I think we're all wondering when this attraction developed between Max and Helen!

On 3/13/2019 at 10:08 AM, Good Queen Jane said:

Helen's boyfriend, the clairvoyant patient, and Max and Helen themselves realized that Max and Helen are attracted to each other.

Which is what's so ludicrous with this storyline - no one saw that coming; it just appeared out of thin air!   Did Sendhil witness something between Max and Helen that caused him to make that comment?   The clairvoyant was wrong about her impending death but she's right about this?   When did Max/Helen discover they had feelings for each other??    Too many questions with no logical answers.

Edited by cathmed
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I saw chemistry, but I always felt it was just a very close understanding/friendship.  

I don't like the wife.  The only episode I even felt any sort of spark between them was the one where they had a flashback to when they met.  I think the reason they included her is because this was loosely based on a real person and he probably had a wife who was pregnant.  

Actually, the real life doctor is significantly older than the character of Max and had grown children at the time he took the job.  He was in his early 50's as I recall.  He became a grandfather the day before he started radiation therapy.  His wife is also not a ballerina ala Mrs. Max, she's a college prof.  So, the showrunners came up with the idea that Max was a young guy with a pregnant wife all by themselves.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Probably thought the audience would be more behind the character if he had more to lose than just his new job but did not count on how the two actors came across on screen. In general you know on a show like this there are going to he relationships. Since they made Kapoor older, Iggy gay and reynolds black by marrying max off there is no young attractive single man to appeal to those important demographic numbers. Reynolds did not fit that slot because they wanted him on some equality quest and his relationship with Bloom was also a dud.  The problem is even without Helen no on buys the marriage or chemistry and they wrote him as not a guy that would be having multiple hospital romances. If they stick to the medical fine but if they delve into personal lives look for a young white male to join season 2. Now they have 2 people with chemistry but no way to put them together without making both look bad. The best they can do is explain it as the transference people sometimes do with doctors. Either way Helen's boyfriend needs to go..he is not the one

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Probably thought the audience would be more behind the character if he had more to lose than just his new job but did not count on how the two actors came across on screen. In general you know on a show like this there are going to he relationships. Since they made Kapoor older, Iggy gay and reynolds black by marrying max off there is no young attractive single man to appeal to those important demographic numbers. Reynolds did not fit that slot because they wanted him on some equality quest and his relationship with Bloom was also a dud.  The problem is even without Helen no on buys the marriage or chemistry and they wrote him as not a guy that would be having multiple hospital romances. If they stick to the medical fine but if they delve into personal lives look for a young white male to join season 2. Now they have 2 people with chemistry but no way to put them together without making both look bad. The best they can do is explain it as the transference people sometimes do with doctors. Either way Helen's boyfriend needs to go..he is not the one

I suppose Mrs. Max can die in childbirth,  leaving him all sad and mopey and with a little baby to raise by himself.  He can win a custody battle against his in-laws who don't seem to like him much.  Then, after a respectable time, by the middle to the end of next season, he hooks up with Helen who is longing for a little baby to love.  

I don't think this was the original plan, I think TPTB really thought that Max and his wife would be an amazing romance and the viewers would be rooting for them to come together and fight cancer while being all sexy and hot together.  It didn't happen, their choice for Max' wife was a total bust; so they needed a Plan B.  They noticed that Max had far more chemistry with Helen who is played by a far more talented actress.  Voila!  The story takes a turn.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Or they could always kill Georgia and the baby and sometime next season Max offers to be the sperm donor for the baby Helen wants. Boom, feelings start to develop. 

They can't kill anyone on this show. After 16 episodes, the body count is still zero. The guy with the spike through him is going to survive because everyone on this show survives, which makes his scenes so much less dramatic.

The writers went "there" with Max and Helen way too early and abruptly. Leave some meat on that bone for the rest of the season! Also, I hurt myself rolling my eyes when Helen said, "We need to talk!" and the power went out. Give us a break, writers! That kind of interruption is straight out of a Hallmark romance movie.

I agree with the sentiment that Georgia is a dud. The problem is that her character was introduced to us as a villain. She had separated from Max who was presented to us as a God-like character, so of course most people would dislike her. The writers haven't given us good reasons why Georgia was on the fence about Max (he worked hard and cared about others...HOW DARE HE!), and so it just seems like she's an entitled brat. Meanwhile, Helen has been presented as a well-rounded, understanding, sympathetic female character (sometimes hard to find on TV) so she comes across as very likable.

And despite all of that criticism, this was the first time I really enjoyed the show. It felt a bit ER-ish, which is a good thing.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, cathmed said:

HEHEHE - and you're ruing the story with your logic!   Yep, I think we're all wondering when this attraction developed between Max and Helen!

Oh good, it wasn't just me not noticing the attraction. I thought I zoned out over some part of an episode.

6 hours ago, Superpole2000 said:

I agree with the sentiment that Georgia is a dud. The problem is that her character was introduced to us as a villain. She had separated from Max who was presented to us as a God-like character, so of course most people would dislike her. The writers haven't given us good reasons why Georgia was on the fence about Max (he worked hard and cared about others...HOW DARE HE!), and so it just seems like she's an entitled brat. Meanwhile, Helen has been presented as a well-rounded, understanding, sympathetic female character (sometimes hard to find on TV) so she comes across as very likable.

That's interesting.  I never viewed her as a villain, nor do I think the writers haven't shown us why Georgia was on the fence about Max.  I thought the main issue between them was that Max prioritized work to such an extent that his wife felt abandoned.  I think the problem with the character is that Georgia is isolated in the non-work part of Max's life, and the show isn't particularly interested in telling that story.

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

That's interesting.  I never viewed her as a villain, nor do I think the writers haven't shown us why Georgia was on the fence about Max.  I thought the main issue between them was that Max prioritized work to such an extent that his wife felt abandoned.  I think the problem with the character is that Georgia is isolated in the non-work part of Max's life, and the show isn't particularly interested in telling that story.

I agree, I never thought about her one way or the other or why the relationship was not working. I certainly have never gotten entitled from her....just that they have no chemistry. Acting is about making you believe for 60 minutes, and I did not believe for 2 that either one of them are attracted to each other, or in love.  I feel like the actor who plays Max over acts, so I can't really say that his "looks" communicate much to me.  I also don't find him all that attractive, so there is that. I honestly hope they find another love interest for Freema Agyeman because I don't think fans will ever get behind the Max/Helen relationship because they introduced him with a wife and baby on the way.  I also think they should have built up to it more, although to me after watch soap opera and dramas for years, you could see the writing on the wall. I still think they will explain it as him thinking he has feelings for her because she is his doctor. 

• Love 2

Oh, I immediately noticed chemistry between Sharpe and Max from the beginning.  But it wasn't a will-they/won't they chemistry.  The actors are such charismatic screen partners that I saw the potential there.  Something that the show could keep in their back pocket and deploy later on.  Also the actors weren't selling a romance and yet still there was the sense that if/when the show went there it would be a believable pairing.

I agree with everyone that it was rather abrupt and unexpected though.  Also agree that if the actress who played his wife worked better for him, they wouldn't have gone there in just this way.  I get the impression that this was a bit of a swerve.  Maybe the network realized that audience just wasn't connecting with Georgia so they decided to clumsily go there?

Of course maybe next week Sharpe and Max won't ever get to talk to each other and we'll all be left hangin' 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Oh, I immediately noticed chemistry between Sharpe and Max from the beginning.  But it wasn't a will-they/won't they chemistry.  The actors are such charismatic screen partners that I saw the potential there.  Something that the show could keep in their back pocket and deploy later on.  Also the actors weren't selling a romance and yet still there was the sense that if/when the show went there it would be a believable pairing.

I agree with that but I didn't see it as a potential anything - or maybe I didn't want to see it because I was hoping for some relationship that doesn't involve romance and/or sex. I think that in most cases the screen chemistry is about the acting. If the acting is - at minimum - convincing on both sides, the result is good chemistry. It doesn't have to be great acting either. Some actors are just bad, so they will not have chemistry with anyone. That's the case with Georgia, imo.

• Love 2
On 3/14/2019 at 3:43 AM, SweetTooth said:

Agree that the hospital as big as this one should definitely have backup generators, so everyone hooked up to machines doesn't, you know, die within minutes. 

During Hurricane Sandy, at least one major NYC hospital very close to the real life Bellevue lost power entirely. Their backup generators were stored in the basement, which then became flooded.

I don’t like Georgia, but don’t want a giant arc of mourning Max.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

During Hurricane Sandy, at least one major NYC hospital very close to the real life Bellevue lost power entirely. Their backup generators were stored in the basement, which then became flooded.

There were three, actually.  Bellevue, NYU Langone, and Coney Island Hospital. 

Bellevue ended up having to be completely evacuated.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, starri said:

There were three, actually.  Bellevue, NYU Langone, and Coney Island Hospital. 

Bellevue ended up having to be completely evacuated.  

Was going to say that before I saw this post

11 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

I can't see them killing off his wife and/or unborn child. That would be crazy.

Why? Georgia is a recurring character, she is not vital to the stories. It could also be developed into a plot of how many women die in childbirth in this Oh so developed country of ours, or how even though she is white, statistically less likely to die in child birth, in  a major hospital, she still dies (or both die). 

Having said that, I would dread a "Max mourning plot". I am all for getting rid of Georgia, then move on to more interesting stories.

• Love 1

I've let a lot of ridiculousness go on this show, but this episode was "jump the shark" worthy!  Come on!

I'm on board for the wife and/or baby dying.  Max could actually take a leave of absence and the show could focus on other characters, just NOT the neurologist. He drives me crazy.

• Love 2

If  they feel they have to go there (with Max and Sharpe) this soon I definitely don't want them killing off Georgia.  It would martyr her and make her a bigger presence than she really is. 

Since the show seems like it is going to make them talk about it  out loud, then I think narratively it would be interesting if they did that and both decided, that, 'yes, we acknowledge something more than just a doctor-patient or co-worker relationship' but they are in love with their significant others and that it is possible to be attracted to someone else without acting on that attraction.  And then allow some sort of natural issues to pop up in their respective relationships.  Max and Georgia already have problems.  And Sharpe and her guy are so new they have yet to really iron out any issues.  His might be he doesn't want any more children.  I would have liked it to play out a little more naturally.

• Love 1

Does NYC not have snow plows? If a big storm was coming, shouldn’t the plows be out, constantly plotting the major roads?

And no one at the hospital had an SUV that could have been used to get out to the injured people? Or maybe snow mobile or two?

15 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

On some other show, maybe, but not this one. That's what I meant. If this were a Netflix show or something, I think they might go there. 

I still don't see why they can't do this in a network show. By "this" I mean be different and bold, by the very low standard that TV shows have concerning "bold". Some shows do, from time to time, dip their toes on that. I don't even blame the writers so much, but TPTB because they are usually a bunch of cowards who spend their time doing "research" to see what pleases the audience, doesn't cause too much controversy and keeps the money flowing. 

I guess I expect too much from TV.

I still don't believe the whole Max cancer storyline...I mean, of course I believe it intellectually, but I am not even remembering he's supposedly so ill unless they literally SHOW me Max in the chemo infusion room. 

They have done zero to convince me with acting, stories, OR makeup (Max is literally robust with good health, color in his cheeks). They show him puking once, carrying around his special shakes (yet his throat is apparently fine with nonstop talking) while he continues to gallop at full speed all over the hospital.

If you have to hit viewers over the head in order to buy or even remember the main character's cancer arc, you're doing something really wrong. 

• Love 2

I loved the drama of the doctors going out of the hospital and walking to the 911 calls. It did make me wonder though who called 911 for some of these people since they were finding them alone. 

Max and Helen never heard of work husbands/wives? Where did this real attraction come from? I ended up liking it though.

Iggy was dumb all episode, really in that weather you're going to fix something on the roof that wasn't important.  And where was his cell? 

• Love 1

This show.  I just caught up. I have watched every show and even dvr it to watch at my convenience. But I never realized there were fans clamoring for a Max/Sharpe romance. Or that they hated Georgia. I just don't care enough and figured no one else did either. It is such old fashioned television for me. The stories are ludicrous and don't exist in the real universe. The actors are likable and the characters are too for the most part. So I keep on watching. But this snow storm episode really pushed the limits for me. And I keep forgetting about Bloom! I am not sure why she is still a regular part of the series. Someone upthread said the actress is pregnant and this is her leave. Maybe it would have been better for her to come in after her leave because I can't see a place for her back at the hospital.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Iggy was dumb all episode, really in that weather you're going to fix something on the roof that wasn't important.  And where was his cell? 

Waaait yeah that reminds me, he was looking at the app ON HIS PHONE

• Love 1