Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/11/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

Oh absolutely! Meghan is totally the mediocre type that Sunny was talking about today. That had me cracking up. The women on the panel can't be that naïve, they surely know what they're doing when they say stuff like that. I love it!

Abby didn't say much when they were discussing the cheating scandal.   Where did she go to college?

• Love 7
6 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:
6 hours ago, OnTime said:

They can't pass the college classes without cheating, so why are they there?

To cheat their way to an Ivy League degree!

So they continue to cheat for four years??  For example, how does anyone cheat their way to get an accounting degree and then expect to get a job, when they know nothing??

• Love 2

I was going to physio at the sports medicine centre of the university I work at. ~half the people in the place are athletes, the rest are people recovering from surgeries.  My physio was a PhD student teaching the anatomy course the athletes take, but none of them recognized him since they don't bother going to classes. They were discussing ways to cheat on exams. One said that coaches will sign the form saying they took the online or coach-proctored exam with no books or helpers even if it was a lie. Since athletes are often travelling, they request to take exams "on the road", though savvy faculty members will actually have them take the exam early or after they return and proctor their own exams rather than letting coaches do it.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 9
  • Love 2

Ha!  Coincidentally, or more likely because of some algorithm, an ad for Fuller House is at the bottom of the page  

12 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Since athletes are often travelling, they request to take exams "on the road", though savvy faculty members will actually have them take the exam early or after they return and proctor their own exams rather than letting coaches do it.

My son was supposed to travel with a team and act as proctor for an exam last week. It didn’t happen this time but he’ll probably have to do it in the future. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, OnTime said:

So they continue to cheat for four years??  For example, how does anyone cheat their way to get an accounting degree and then expect to get a job, when they know nothing??

Status. Bragging rights. They believe that they deserve it because of their privilege.

I can't remember the name of the person, but they payed another lady to attend the school for their daughter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I totally agree with what Sunny said.  The advantages that these students had to get into an "elite" university include private school education, tutors, SAT tutors, extra-curricular activities that will look good on application  (could also include skin color).  AND still their parents had to "donate" to get them in?  How "educationally challenged" are their children??

I really didn't like when MM tried to interject about legacies to "I will say.." that her brothers did well in school.  Joy just glanced at her and said that she was just explaining how legacies came about - to keep out minorities (back then minorities were white but of Irish, German, Jewish background from what I gather).  So legacies had a "leg up" despite bad grades/educational attitude.  

• Love 16

A lot of the very rich own family businesses so after graduation they join the family business. They also have contacts to get their children hired without interview into jobs that have a fancy title, a nice office and no responsibilities. I’ve had the pleasure of having to work for one of these (nephew of the CEO) and he was of course totally incompetent. I can also confirm that so many internships (probably 70%) in TV and Film are given to the children and relatives of famous people. I have a friend who works at a station that shall not be named. He got stuck with a relative of a famous TV trainer and it killed him because of all the talented kids he had interviewed and had to turn down. Few of these kids study anything that requires a serious aptitude like math, computer coping or chemistry. They study business, liberal arts, communication, art history. They just want to say they studied at X and more importantly make connections, the subject and grades aren’t as important. I cater watered some functions at the Harvard Club on 44th St, the private club for Harvard alumni and oh boy. Lots of weddings held there and just reading the announcers of who was marrying who...it’s a whole other world. 

Abby was silent during the college segment because, drumroll, she was a legacy student at Penn! She must have been sweating bullets when Joy went there! 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
On 3/12/2019 at 5:27 PM, SuzieSioux said:

A couple of subtle things happened today that make it clear to me that everyone must have really had it with Meghan. No mention of her being back today, no "Welcome back Meghan" or "We have Meghan back" after she was "sick" yesterday, just completely ignored. Also, in the past when someone like say Hasselbeck made a fool of herself, you could be sure that the next day all the women would be pulling together to make her look better, talking about how "we all love each other on this show". None of that today either. They're so over her, haha. And this is a good thing too, I've never understood why these women all had to love each other.

It really struck me today that Ana is a very funny lady, she's enjoyable to have around. I loved her denim look. Joy and her have a way of making casual clothing look really great.

Meghan is just off the wall, as mentioned above it is so hilarious how she sits there with this miserable expression while everyone else is laughing. And that story about her father was ridiculous. She acknowledges people are sick of hearing about her father but "stick with me because this is a good one" and then proceeds to tell a complete non-story about it, something that has no pay-off at all. That was hilarious.

Thanks for mentioning this, it sounds interesting. I will do a search and see if I can find it to listen to.

You mean like this? 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, SPinCA said:

Not that it’s out of character for her but I don’t like her suggesting the fact MY FATHER is buried at the academy means we are not allowed to have any debate or criticism of the place or what goes on there.

Exactly! What difference does it make that he is buried there? 

• Love 19
7 hours ago, SPinCA said:

Few of these kids study anything that requires a serious aptitude like math, computer coping or chemistry. They study business, liberal arts, communication, art history. They just want to say they studied at X and more importantly make connections, the subject and grades aren’t as important. 

And her name is Meghan. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Legacies are totally a way to keep peeps out of things..it also involves the Greek system as well.  Because I didnt have family members in a frat, I was crossed off the list..including not shopping at the right stores or coming from a higher class family.  It was educational for me and motivated me to follow my passions instead of changing to fit into someones idea of what I should be.

Stands and applauds!   No one is my family has ever been in Greek life either.  We consider it a bias as well.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, OnTime said:

They get jobs via nepotism or through fsmily contacts. 

They aren't expected to actually "do" anything at their jobs (think young frat boy, George Bush, Jr. ), just the bare minimum, hang out, golf, lunch, and move up the ladder, so they have to do even less.

Especially if the person has a famous last name that,  supposedly, lends panache to the corporation or institution,  or donates $ and/or buildings, endows scholarships,  fund-raising foundations, etc. 

Slackers R Us. 

For life. 

Kind of like MM. 

They no don't need no fucking real jobs. 🙂

Edited by Tosia
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Tosia said:

They get jobs via nepotism or through fsmily contacts. 

They aren't expected to actually "do" anything at their jobs (think young frat boy, George Bush, Jr. ), just the bare minimum, hang out, golf, lunch, and move up the ladder, so they have to do even less.

Especially if the person has a famous last name that,  supposedly, lends panache to the corporation or institution,  or donates $ and/or buildings, endows scholarships,  fund-raising foundations, etc. 

Slackers R Us. 

For life. 

Kind of like MM. 

They no don't need no fucking real jobs. 🙂

It totally is like Meghan.  It's like she just woke up one day and decided she wanted to be a political pundit.  She could have went into the other family business. Which is beer.  Well she drinks a lot so I guess maybe she has.

What really makes me sad and outraged is all these rich kids are getting college spots and jobs that should go to someone more qualified.  Any one of us  here could sit at the View table and do a much better job than Meghan or Abby,

• Love 12

Two separate podcasts I listen to in my car every morning have discussed Meghan’s ridiculous comments yesterday. They rarely ever talk about anything related to this show. They are really tearing into her but I guess this is the kind of attention The View wants. Seems like nobody really takes her seriously as a ‘political analyst.’ Shocker. 

• Love 16
13 hours ago, SPinCA said:

For all her sniping about Hollywood elites and coastal elites and how great Arizona is......she went to a liberal elite school (by her standards not mine), lived in LA and NYC, never served in her beloved military, never went back to live in AZ or any red state full time, never studied in the wonderful ASU. Hmmmm. Those Spanx sure are holding in a lot of BS. 

Abby was very quiet during the segment. Sonny’s son sounds like a nice young man, I wish she’d mention her daughter more though. 

I love this post. It's all there everything about little Miss Red state is bullshit.  She sits on the show and talks down everything she  wants. Her fakeness is too much. 

• Love 14

Whoopi's back!  I thought she looked thinner.  She seems happy to be there.  She said she is not supposed to be around a lot of people but she will try to come back a day or two to ease back into the show.  She is telling funny stories about her stay in the hospital, I love when Whoopi is in story-telling mode.  The ladies were all thrilled to see her.

• Love 17

Despite saying she hasn't lost weight I think her face looks thinner.  I'm glad she's feeling better  

She still doesn't understand how insurance works though. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14

Yes, I am glad Whoopi is getting better but I am so so so dreading her coming back and letting Elsa twins have free reign.  Can't you just hear her go right ahead baby when Joy would have been like Bitch STFU you are stupid.

Of course Elsa had to make Whoopi coming back all about her when she said don't ever leave me - yes your protector of all things, you did not hear the other ladies say that or if they did they would have said don't ever leave us but as always ME ME ME ME ME 

I am dreading the comedian who imitates Elsa come on can you imagine Elsas ego over the fact that she is a parody on SNL - the world is not big enough for that ego

I saw on another foroum one of the best comments and it stated you know Elsa if she were single and not on the View would have killed to be on the Bachelor however she would not gotten a rose - Simons Mom comment is HOW TRUE - NO LOVE FOR YOU!

• LOL 5
  • Love 13

Miss Meggie just.doesn't.have.any.common.sense!!!!  Everyone gathers around Whoopi ... Meggie is bowing at the other end of the table!!!  It took at least two minutes for her to join the group.  Meggie says Whoopi is the Queen of the View!!  ???  What  ??? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

While I'm glad Whoopi is on the mend, we know things are going to go back to usual when she officially returns. And of course Meghan doesn't want Whoopi to ever leave her again (as usual, it's all about her). Whoopi is her shield from the big meanie Joy. 

Oh absolutely that could not be clearer today. We all know it but damn that was so clear as the child woman saw her shield show up today. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18

I'm a little behind per usual. While I hate our healthcare system, and think it is actively evil, Whoopi is once again displaying her utter ignorance on the topic, and is discussing it like it ought to be a savings account. 

That said, I'm glad to see Whoopi again. I don't even want her off the show. I just prefer Joy's moderation style. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I'm a little behind per usual. While I hate our healthcare system, and think it is actively evil, Whoopi is once again displaying her utter ignorance on the topic, and is discussing it like it ought to be a savings account. 

That said, I'm glad to see Whoopi again. I don't even want her off the show. I just prefer Joy's moderation style. 

I'm just at that part right now. I'm cringing,  go back to bed Whoopi.  Stop talking about health insurance.  You clearly dont understand it.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Abby once again using words like 'the elite media.' Okay, rich girl who went to the University of Pennsylvania. Totally not elite in any way. Do Abby and those who think like her not realize the irony in their criticism of the media, framing it as elite? 

From the time she was 16 (I think she's 33 now), Abby has worked for:

Good Morning America (ABC) 

As a Dianne Sawyer "intern" (ABC)

Fox News

Fox & Friends (Fox News)

HuffPost Live (Huffington Post)

The Cycle (MSNBC)

The View (ABC)

When she wasn't working for one of the broadcast network's or their cable news outlets, she was often profiled on them (and CNN). She served as her father's media advisor, too.

She can take several seats. 

Now Joy's cracking about how Beto's wife looks at him in his announcement vid. I like Beto well enough and have resolved to remain open to every Dem in the field until they put themselves out of the running where I'm concerned, but in the clip they showed on The View, I thought Amy O'Rourke looked about as "happy" as Michelle Obama reportedly was, about the prospect of Barack running. I hope she has some support. 

• Love 15
45 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Megs said "We all went to visit you"....ugh.

Meghan is like a little kid raising his hand in class at school to be picked and saying "I went to the hospital, I went to the hospital"

• LOL 9
  • Love 9