Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Make Me the Enemy

What a surprise Emmett had nothing to do with Nate Sr's death! RME. I am just glad that the usual suspects didn't murder him out of their paranoia before the truth about Laurel's family involvement came out.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 9

I know that Annalise and company are constantly dealing with murderers and cover ups and conspiracy's and what not, and are always keeping secrets from other people and each other, but maybe its not the brightest idea to run around accusing everyone they know of murdering people without any real evidence beyond the word of an obviously sketchy people, or something circumstantial? I guess Emmett should consider himself lucky that Nate wasnt around, or he probably wouldn't be here anymore. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 9
  • Love 14

Yes! Emmett didn't do it! Now, I still don't know for sure whether he survives this season, and he may be involved in some other crime, but he's innocent of Nate beating the life out of him! Yay! Now he can beat the life out of another Castillo family member. Seriously, they keep popping up like cockroaches. Can we rid of all but Christopher, please?

Huh, Oliver's plan actually works. That was interesting.

We keep getting more tidbits on Michaela, which is great. I still dislike her and Gabriel together, but it does seem like that's for sure happening. I am loving Asher's role this season. Being a friend to both of his exes has worked wonders on him.

Seriously, though, enough with Laurel's crime family! I don't want any more! 

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I know that Annalise and company are constantly dealing with murderers and cover ups and conspiracy's and what not, and are always keeping secrets from other people and each other, but maybe its not the brightest idea to run around accusing everyone they know of murdering people without any real evidence beyond the word of an obviously sketchy people, or something circumstantial? I guess Emmett should consider himself lucky that Nate wasnt around, or he probably wouldn't be here anymore. 

Agreed. Even with this evidence proving his innocence, though, I'm with you guys in being wary he even makes it out of this season alive. The Keating gang may not have any reason to want him dead now, but somebody else might. 

Also, for a group of people who've been involved in a lot of murders and coverups, they sure seem awfully chatty on the phone and willing to handle suspicious packages. I was honestly briefly wondering if there'd be a bomb or something in that package Laurel was opening up. 

And speaking of Laurel, so her brother's involved in this somehow? Is he also involved in whatever happened to their mom? Hm.

41 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I actually said, "That was smoooooth, Oliver." when he won over that judge.

Also fully agreed on these comments:

We keep getting more tidbits on Michaela, which is great. I still dislike her and Gabriel together, but it does seem like that's for sure happening. I am loving Asher's role this season. Being a friend to both of his exes has worked wonders on him.

50 minutes ago, Dee said:

Can Annalise & Tegan just elope and go on fabulous double dates with Eve & her new girlfriend?

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I guess Emmett should consider himself lucky that Nate wasnt around, or he probably wouldn't be here anymore. 

Yeah, Nate wouldn't need to dig himself in any deeper than he already is.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I still dislike her and Gabriel together, but it does seem like that's for sure happening.

Everything about them feels like the writers are pulling a rushed mea culpa for completely missing the boat on Aja & Alfie's chemistry.

• Love 3

So, the bad guys are...the bad guys! DundunDUUUUN! 

God dang, Laurels family is just a whole mess of crazy. So now her brother is possibly the killer, and her mother is probably dead, and they sent her scalped to Laurel! Thats, like, creatively fucked up. 

That was smooth talking there, Oliver. Connor set it up, but his hubbie knocked it out of the park! It was actually nice though to see a non corrupt judge who did seem to be very willing to step down off the case, just because she held herself and others to a high standard, even if its very likely nothing improper happened. 

I do wish that Connor and Oliver could circle back to the whole "Connors mom let him have sex with adults when he was a child" thing. Seems like a pretty big thing to gloss over. 

I actually have warmed to Emmett, and while Annalise and Tegan are clearly meant to be, I hope that he at least can survive the season without ending up on Annalises bad side permanently. He really seemed to like her, I actually did feel bad when he realized he was being played, and Annalise not only accused him of only getting ahead by being a white guy, but, you know, of conspiracy to commit murder! I bet that was a super award conversation to have after Annalise got off the phone. At least Annalise knows she didnt introduce her mom to a killer! Well, she did introduce her to Nate, Frank, AND Bonnie, who have all murdered people, but still...

Even if Asher and Michaela arent a thing anymore, its nice to see them still trying to support each other. Damn it, I am still holding out hope for them!

• Love 8

My suspicions were correct. Emmett was watching Tegan before he called IT to watch Annalise. Makes sense since she was lead on the Antares account. I’m glad Emmett wasn’t the murderer. 

On 2/21/2019 at 11:12 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Yes! Emmett didn't do it! Now, I still don't know for sure whether he survives this season, and he may be involved in some other crime, but he's innocent of Nate beating the life out of him! Yay! Now he can beat the life out of another Castillo family member. Seriously, they keep popping up like cockroaches. Can we rid of all but Christopher, please?

Seriously, though, enough with Laurel's crime family! I don't want any more! 

I kind of expected to see Laurel’s brother pop up. After all Laurel taking down her dad messed up everyone’s money since FBI froze all their accounts. I also expect Michaela’s bio dad to pop up at some point. Not sure how I feel about Gabriel & Michaela. I can’t imagine Gabriel being as okay with Sam’s murder as Oliver was. Especially given that Michaela had a direct involvement in killing Sam. (She pushed him over the railing, Wes hit him with the trophy).  

It was season 3 when Connor first mentioned the underage relationship so I think we’ll only get the Connor childhood issues in drips & drops. I did like the very couplely scene of them getting ready for bed. Nice touch having Connor hand Oliver his antiviral. 

On 2/22/2019 at 12:21 AM, tennisgurl said:

So, the bad guys are...the bad guys! DundunDUUUUN! 

God dang, Laurels family is just a whole mess of crazy. So now her brother is possibly the killer, and her mother is probably dead, and they sent her scalped to Laurel! Thats, like, creatively fucked up. 

That was smooth talking there, Oliver. Connor set it up, but his hubbie knocked it out of the park! It was actually nice though to see a non corrupt judge who did seem to be very willing to step down off the case, just because she held herself and others to a high standard, even if its very likely nothing improper happened. 

I do wish that Connor and Oliver could circle back to the whole "Connors mom let him have sex with adults when he was a child" thing. Seems like a pretty big thing to gloss over. 

I actually have warmed to Emmett, and while Annalise and Tegan are clearly meant to be, I hope that he at least can survive the season without ending up on Annalises bad side permanently. He really seemed to like her, I actually did feel bad when he realized he was being played, and Annalise not only accused him of only getting ahead by being a white guy, but, you know, of conspiracy to commit murder! I bet that was a super award conversation to have after Annalise got off the phone. At least Annalise knows she didnt introduce her mom to a killer! Well, she did introduce her to Nate, Frank, AND Bonnie, who have all murdered people, but still...

Even if Asher and Michaela arent a thing anymore, its nice to see them still trying to support each other. Damn it, I am still holding out hope for them!

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 5

Laurel's family drama and mystery last season was what made it so boring to me, so this twist is not very welcome or promising to me. I couldn't care less.

But, having said that, if next season is the last, which I've been assuming it will be, then I guess it makes sense to bring it back. A final season that deals with them trying to get away with the Sam and Sinclair stuff, as well as dealing with Laurel's family, is a pretty fitting way to wrap up the show, I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up managing to pin it all on Laurel's father somehow in the end and they fully get away with it and clear Wes' name or something.

Anyways, I'm glad Laurel finally forgave Bonnie, even if it was for the wrong reasons, because I was very over that storyline, especially considering Christopher didn't even see any of the actual violence, since he and Bonnie didn't get there until after and there's no way a baby registered what Bonnie was doing to Miller.

• Love 4

I thought for sure Emmett had done it but when they showed it to be Laurels brother I was SHOCKED. Also who in the hell opens a package they aren't expecting after receiving creepy phone calls? How about we send Laurel into witness protection with Christopher and they are never seen again? Seriously she annoys the hell out of me & her stupidity just bugs me to no end. If Liza Weil doesn't end up with an Emmy nomination after this season I am going to be very upset. Even though Emmett isn't a killer I still don't like him & find him slimy. I can't believe Annalise let Emmett in after what went down at the restaurant. I mean if he WAS  a killer it would not have been smart to let him in. I really hope he and Annalise don't hook up. I actually think that out of everyone Tegan is the most in danger. She helped put the father away & played the FBI agent so she may not have protection anymore. If she dies before her and Annalise become lovers I will be PISSED. Oliver talking about how he was in his HS musicals as a way of being ready for court was adorable. I really want him and Connor to have a happy ending. I hate that there is only one more episode of the season left. This is one of my few staple shows and I miss when it isn't on. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, colorbars said:

Laurel's family drama and mystery last season was what made it so boring to me, so this twist is not very welcome or promising to me. I couldn't care less.

Yeah, I was hoping that was finally over after last season.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

What a surprise Emmett had nothing to do with Nate Sr's death! RME. I am just glad that the usual suspects didn't murder him out of their paranoia before the truth about Laurel's family involvement came out.

I thought at first that I had been right initially, and that he had done it after all. Then, as they were closing in, I wondered if Tegan had set him up. The way they keep adding new twists, I usually don't bother trying to guess who it was. 

I've just caught up in the last week. I prefer binge-watching now.

2 hours ago, Dee said:

Can Annalise & Tegan just elope and go on fabulous double dates with Eve & her new girlfriend?

I thought that Tegan might be the guilty one, that she made the phone call, and that she set Emmett up - but I missed a bit of it, so I don't know everything that he said. 

I am also tired of Lauren's family. I hated the crazy rich overlord family on Scandal, that took it away from an everyday politically scandalous show. That package. I feel sick. Was her mother skinned? Scalped? WTF? @Annber03 I was thinking the same thing re: opening packages when she's scared of her psycho family. I knew something bad was in there, but I was thinking more along the lines of a bomb. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Anela said:

I thought at first that I had been right initially, and that he had done it after all. Then, as they were closing in, I wondered if Tegan had set him up. The way they keep adding new twists, I usually don't bother trying to guess who it was. 

I've just caught up in the last week. I prefer binge-watching now.

I thought that Tegan might be the guilty one, that she made the phone call, and that she set Emmett up - but I missed a bit of it, so I don't know everything that he said. 

I am also tired of Lauren's family. I hated the crazy rich overlord family on Scandal, that took it away from an everyday politically scandalous show. That package. I feel sick. Was her mother skinned? Scalped? WTF? @Annber03 I was thinking the same thing re: opening packages when she's scared of her psycho family. I knew something bad was in there, but I was thinking more along the lines of a bomb. 

I did wonder if Tegan might not be playing the long con and in cahoots with Xavier Castillo.

• Love 2

I need another season of this show. Preferably not with or about the Castillos but I'll take it if I can get some closure on what happened to Bonnie's kid and just more of Annalise, Frank, Tegan and all the dysfunction. Can't wait for the season finale! 

5 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

If Liza Weil doesn't end up with an Emmy nomination after this season I am going to be very upset. 

Second this. Her acting's been outstanding this season. It's not often someone is in par with Viola but this season damn

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I thought for sure Emmett had done it but when they showed it to be Laurels brother I was SHOCKED.

I was somewhat certain that Emmett had done it up until the last few minutes, when he stormed into Annalise's place and told her that he didn't do it. I had suspicions for the entire episode that maybe there was a chance that he was innocent, especially since I remembered that this ISN'T the finale, but never expected it to be a Castillo. That was the thing that shocked me.

I will say, I did like Emmett a lot this episode. Not in a shipping him with Annalise way, but him being a way better ally than Nate was/is. Plus, I'd love more Timothy Hutton if the show gets renewed. They (IMO rightfully) got rid of Jimmy Smits' character Isaac last season because he wasn't really working with the entire story, and the show went a really weird route with him. With Emmett, they could afford to keep him around. I actually like that he stood his ground with Annalise. Not many get to do that and also live to tell the tale (ok, mostly jokes here). In a sense, Emmett was able to take her truths and also spin a few truths of his own in a way that worked for me. Annalise had her points, but so did Emmett. Their back and forth is extremely intriguing to watch. I do hope they drop the Emmett crush on Annalise, as that will turn out badly for him (death or framed for a crime or actually committing a crime) but I like their dynamic, otherwise.

FBI Agent is totally going to end up dead soon, isn't she? And I bet that Tegan will have something to do with it.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I actually said, "That was smoooooth, Oliver." when he won over that judge.

He did say he'd watched the way Annalise was in court. Looks like he learned from the best. I thought it was amusing that the judge was so impressed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

This made me laugh so hard. It reiterates how comfortable everyone is around these known, cold-blooded killers.

I too have warmed to Emmett. I've always liked Timothy Hutton, but was kinda meh on Emmett in the beginning of the season. Now that he's being brought more into the main story, I'm liking him...and that probably means he ain't long for this show.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I was somewhat certain that Emmett had done it up until the last few minutes, when he stormed into Annalise's place and told her that he didn't do it. I had suspicions for the entire episode that maybe there was a chance that he was innocent, especially since I remembered that this ISN'T the finale, but never expected it to be a Castillo. That was the thing that shocked me.

I will say, I did like Emmett a lot this episode. Not in a shipping him with Annalise way, but him being a way better ally than Nate was/is. Plus, I'd love more Timothy Hutton if the show gets renewed. They (IMO rightfully) got rid of Jimmy Smits' character Isaac last season because he wasn't really working with the entire story, and the show went a really weird route with him. With Emmett, they could afford to keep him around. I actually like that he stood his ground with Annalise. Not many get to do that and also live to tell the tale (ok, mostly jokes here). In a sense, Emmett was able to take her truths and also spin a few truths of his own in a way that worked for me. Annalise had her points, but so did Emmett. Their back and forth is extremely intriguing to watch. I do hope they drop the Emmett crush on Annalise, as that will turn out badly for him (death or framed for a crime or actually committing a crime) but I like their dynamic, otherwise.

FBI Agent is totally going to end up dead soon, isn't she? And I bet that Tegan will have something to do with it.

Can you imagine? Emmett wins his bid for DA(?). Tegan (if she’s clean/legit) and/or Annalise take over C & G , the K4 graduate and go to work for C & G. Except Laurel. She can resurrect her dad’s company & go. 😄

• Love 4

You all have summed it up pretty well.  I just wondered why when they were investigating the death of Nate's father, didn't they check to see who his visitors were for the last couple of months before the murder.  

I checked to see that Viola is 53 years old and Hutton is 58.  

Is Annalise sober now? Wasn't she drinking before or at Christmas?

• Love 3

Annalise is not sober, she just hasn’t relapsed back into a falling down mess. I’d call her a functional drunk. She can do without a drink when she needs to, but will take a drink or 2 to steel herself up for a difficult task.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Seriously. These people are supposed to be attorneys, yet they go around accusing people based on the flimsiest of evidence. It's exasperating.

This show has become so convoluted that I just watch each episode as a one-off. I've stopped trying to follow the actual story. 

I don't get what Laurel's family's beef is with everyone. It seems like the initial offense was that she got pregnant by a black guy, but that just seems like a preposterous reason to start a war within and outside the family. Her dad has Wes killed, she gets her dad put in prison, and now her brother is linked to Nate Sr.'s death? Why?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mrsbagnet said:

I don't get what Laurel's family's beef is with everyone. It seems like the initial offense was that she got pregnant by a black guy, but that just seems like a preposterous reason to start a war within and outside the family. Her dad has Wes killed, she gets her dad put in prison, and now her brother is linked to Nate Sr.'s death? Why?

Agreed, her family didn't need to be involved with just about everything.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

Seriously. These people are supposed to be attorneys, yet they go around accusing people based on the flimsiest of evidence. It's exasperating.

This show has become so convoluted that I just watch each episode as a one-off. I've stopped trying to follow the actual story. 

Probably because they had him put in prison, so he messed up something that was really good for them (and another innocent man was killed, just because of a stupid sociopath who needed to get back at his daughter and the people she works with). 

I was wondering if the brother approached Tegan, and told her that they knew she was the one to blame for his dad being convicted. Giving her an out, by helping them to get back at Annalise. I hope she isn't involved, though.

• Love 2

Michaela claiming she is consistently in the top 5% of her class: girl you know that's not true!

Gabriel accusing Michaela of lying about her father shooting her mother was such a dick move, and I hate that he managed to make her so insecure about herself. She said she hated herself for looking into her birth parents--just fucking leave her alone dude, she's an adult and can deal with this how she pleases! He can go whenever--except I would like him to be around for somebody to explain to him that, yes, Wes did kill his dad. Other people were involved but it was Wes. And honestly, the world is not necessarily worse off with Sam no longer in it.

They've dropped mentions of Laurel's brother so often that I'm surprised it's taken him this long to show up. I really can't fathom why he'd want to kill Nate Sr, unless it's just another layer of the Castillo family not being able to leave well enough alone.

I like the idea somebody mentioned upthread of the Castillos finding out that Tegan was Jane Doe and blackmailing her into pushing the "Emmett killed Nate Sr" theory. I don't necessarily want Tegan to be on the opposite side of Annalise and Co (because that's usually an indicator of impending doom) but I think it would be an interesting twist.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

I think because when Jorge got arrested the FBI froze all the family’s assets.

16 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

Michaela claiming she is consistently in the top 5% of her class: girl you know that's not true!

Gabriel accusing Michaela of lying about her father shooting her mother was such a dick move, and I hate that he managed to make her so insecure about herself. She said she hated herself for looking into her birth parents--just fucking leave her alone dude, she's an adult and can deal with this how she pleases! He can go whenever--except I would like him to be around for somebody to explain to him that, yes, Wes did kill his dad. Other people were involved but it was Wes. And honestly, the world is not necessarily worse off with Sam no longer in it.

They've dropped mentions of Laurel's brother so often that I'm surprised it's taken him this long to show up. I really can't fathom why he'd want to kill Nate Sr, unless it's just another layer of the Castillo family not being able to leave well enough alone.

I like the idea somebody mentioned upthread of the Castillos finding out that Tegan was Jane Doe and blackmailing her into pushing the "Emmett killed Nate Sr" theory. I don't necessarily want Tegan to be on the opposite side of Annalise and Co (because that's usually an indicator of impending doom) but I think it would be an interesting twist.

No way is Mickey in top 5. They were all bottom 5 season 3.

• Love 1

Emmett, the last thing that you would ever want to do is run for District Attorney. The last two were murdered. I can't remember what happened to the guy before Denver, but I am sure it was equally horrible.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

A good penultimate episode. Nice that Emmett didn't kill Nate Sr but do we really have to deal with Laurel's family as season baddies yet again?

I did like Frank's scene with Christiopher and Bonnie apologising to Laurel, even when the latter was about to work with Telesco, who probably should be gone by next week.

Gabe needs to go. There's nothing to plausibly keep him on the show and the writers have made sure it's hard to root for any kind of relationship with Michaela. I did like Asher fending both his exes here.

Nice work with Connor and more so Oliver on getting the laptop back from the grudge.

Was Tegan just playing Annalise and Emmett off each other for the whole episode? 8/10

• Love 2

Tegan's delivery of "Girl, he runnin' for DA!" was great. I LOVE Tegan. I also loved "That's the whitest crap I've ever heard" (which it REALLY is. New Hampshire blue blood, boarding school, the Ivy League ...) from Annalise, whose makeup is consistently gorgeous.

I found it interesting that Judge Chanha Singh was a blonde white woman.

Annalise lives in a very posh place, probably on Rittenhouse Square. She doesn't have a doorman? People can just roll into her place?

I assume the Castillos are out for blood because their money is messed up and their patriarch is in prison but DAMN, they didn't have to scalp Laurel's mother!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Tegan's delivery of "Girl, he runnin' for DA!" was great. I LOVE Tegan. I also loved "That's the whitest crap I've ever heard" (which it REALLY is. New Hampshire blue blood, boarding school, the Ivy League ...) from Annalise, whose makeup is consistently gorgeous.

Viola's makeup was on point this episode, and that top she wore in the first scene of the episode was everything.

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I also found that interesting.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I wondered if 'Singh' was her married name or if she took a stepfather's name or something, but the first name is also unusual. Who knows what her parents were thinking, though 😛

I went to school with a redhead whose biological father was from India (her mother was white). You'd never know it to look at her - she looked more British than anything else. It's funny the way genes work out sometimes.

• Love 1

I dont know I kinda like Gabe or I just like looking at him or I just like someone calling all of the them liars constantly. I honestly thought Michaela was lying about her parents too.

I do think they missed the boat on Wes/Michaela but can’t bring him back soo we have bootleg Wes.

Didnt Michaela kill Sam, not Wes? I remember they all were in the house, but I thought she did it to protect Rebecca.

Annalise/Tegan/Emette is such a winning trio this season. 

• Love 1

Micheala pushed him over the railing. They thought he was dead and then he was choking Rebecca so Wes grabbed the trophy and hit him over the head. Ultimately Wes was the one who gave the final death blow, but all of them except Asher were involved to some extent.

• Love 3

This episode felt weirdly disjointed to me, probably because you had the Emmett thread and Laurel's family coming to tie it all together, and there was lots of yelling and screaming and what not. I am not exactly happy that Laurel's family is rearing its ugly head again, because I wanted that to be over with last season. Who the hell knows why someone had Nate Sr. killed at this point? 

At this point, I have no clue how they will end this season, and the writers probably didn't until they sat down to write this episode out, so anything could happen. I want Teagan to both survive the finale and not be the bad guy, but other than that, the only thing I really want is for Laurel's over the top family drama (it all just seems so stupid) to never make an appearance again. 

• Love 5
On 2/22/2019 at 6:26 PM, mrsbagnet said:

I was thinking the same thing. I don't really know why I watch it. Seriously, I don't. I just keep watching the episodes but don't even try to understand the plot anymore. 

It could be that I watch it because of Viola Davis. Not the acting, although she is a wonderful actress, but for the shallow reason that I just like to see her face.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, secnarf said:

I wondered if 'Singh' was her married name or if she took a stepfather's name or something, but the first name is also unusual. Who knows what her parents were thinking, though 😛

I went to school with a redhead whose biological father was from India (her mother was white). You'd never know it to look at her - she looked more British than anything else. It's funny the way genes work out sometimes.

I have an acquaintance who is white and married to an Indian woman with a dark complexion. Their daughter looks just like he did when he was a baby. She looks 100% white.

It took me a couple of minutes to recognize Tasha Yar. Have we seen Denise Crosby in Murderland before?

Wow, Gabriel was a colossal jerk to Michaela. When keeping it real goes wrong, Gabe, even if she was trying work you.

So all roads lead to Laurel? Bleh.

I am too. I feel like they get each other as no others do and on some level that scares both of them.

Emmett, the last thing that you would ever want to do is run for District Attorney. The last two were murdered.

Lol, if he does become DA and gets killed I will laugh so hard.

What a surprise Emmett had nothing to do with Nate Sr's death!

Guess the contract renegotiations were successful--for now. They're holding out the possibility of Tegan or Laurel's brother killing him if TH starts making demands. 🙄

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm sick of the Castillos.  So someone mailed Laurel a large mass of her mother's bloody hair.  Oh no.  I don't think I care.  I don't care about Laurel.  Not sure what this is supposed to suggest... that Laurel killed her mom, someone knows, and sent her some hair?  Or that someone else killed her and is trying to spook Laurel?  Now we have yet another sinister Castillo about to show up.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:37 PM, nilyank said:

Emmett, the last thing that you would ever want to do is run for District Attorney. The last two were murdered. I can't remember what happened to the guy before Denver, but I am sure it was equally horrible.

I think it was a woman?  Lady with short red hair.  We saw her in court a few times against Annalise in Season 1.  They never really explained what happened to her but she wasn't killed, she just kind of disappeared.  I don't think there was ever any mention of her fate.  She got embarrassed by Annalise because she was trying to pin Lila's murder on Rebecca, but Annalise forced the reveal of evidence that Sam was the father of Lila's baby and the charges against Rebecca were dropped.  I'm assuming at some point offscreen, the disgrace caused the DA to lose the election, because by Season 2, Denver was DA.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, blackwing said:

I think it was a woman?  Lady with short red hair.  We saw her in court a few times against Annalise in Season 1.  They never really explained what happened to her but she wasn't killed, she just kind of disappeared.  I don't think there was ever any mention of her fate.  She got embarrassed by Annalise because she was trying to pin Lila's murder on Rebecca, but Annalise forced the reveal of evidence that Sam was the father of Lila's baby and the charges against Rebecca were dropped.  I'm assuming at some point offscreen, the disgrace caused the DA to lose the election, because by Season 2, Denver was DA.

I think the woman Nilyank was referring to is Emily Sinclair, who was an ADA, not the DA. However, she also has short reddish hair. She was murdered by Asher.