Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/18/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan ruined the flow of the conversation about Jussie Smollett by saying she assumes all actors hate Trump. Of course you do Meghan - you're an idiot who only looks at people through a political lens. 

She said Hollywood hates Trump and Republicans, she had to get the Republicans in there..  I highly doubt all of those very rich (Hollywood) movie executives hate Republicans.  Yes, I guess that people could assume that celebrities that speak out about politics or issues they care about might learn liberal.  However that's a small portion of celebrities who talk about politics.  Most dont go there. 

A lot people have a problem with Trump not just liberal celebs.  Even Republicans.  Even Meghan, when it suits her.

• Love 24
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

So, her hatred of the British is bizarre, even for her.  Megan hates anything that is not America and Republicanism. 

And she holds that grudge against the French too...

• Love 13

Only part way through the first segment talking about Jesse and I think Megan is pregnant. The way she looks extra thick and has a pooch, also when she was expounding on some lesson  she learned she touched her stomach like pregnant women do now. It’s just my guess.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She went on a diatribe about the founding fathers and the war of independence. It made no sense since the British have not been a threat to this country since the war of 1812.  Plus, the USA and England have strong ties as allies. A political analyst  like Megan should be a student of history.  So, her hatred of the British is bizarre, even for her.  Megan hates anything that is not America and Republicanism.  Megan has issues, we all have our demons, but, she is a piece of work..

I have a few family members like this--not exactly with a hatred for Britain, but a disdain for anything not American. So they couldn't understand when I went off to live in London for awhile. To them, if ti's not American, it's crap. 

I don't believe Meg likes or care about Meghan Markle, only that they share a first name. And of course Meg doesn't care about what members of Isis find funny. If it's not all-American politics, whiskey, guns, cacti and Real Housewives, she has no use for it. 

• Love 12

All the talk about Jussie's career being over was blown out of the water by a former member of The Social panel who reminded everyone of Ryan Lochte's success after his "big lie" during the Olympics.  So it may not be "over over" for Jussie.  Just sayin'.

• Love 9

The JLo hairdo didn't work on Sunny last week and certainly doesn't work on Meh-gun today; it just emphasized the fact that her RepublicanBlonde dye job is long overdue for a touch up.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

All the talk about Jussie's career being over was blown out of the water by a former member of The Social panel who reminded everyone of Ryan Lochte's success after his "big lie" during the Olympics.  So it may not be "over over" for Jussie.  Just sayin'.

Oh, it's over.  Lochte didn’t fake a hate crime, terrifying African-Americans and gays in Chicago.  Lochte also didn't divert police manpower away from real crimes.  Lochte didn't hire two stooges to fake the attack.

Just pointing out the differences in these two cases.  Smollet is going to have a long road of recovery and redemption ahead of him, and that road would start with a total admission.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

Oh, it's over.  Lochte didn’t fake a hate crime, terrifying African-Americans and gays in Chicago.  Lochte also didn't divert police manpower away from real crimes.  Lochte didn't hire two stooges to fake the attack.

Just pointing out the differences in these two cases.  Smollet is going to have a long road of recovery and redemption ahead of him, and that road would start with a total admission.

What really bothered me the most was the fact that he used a noose, knowing what that means to a Black person living in this country and the history behind it..

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

What really bothered me the most was the fact that he used a noose, knowing what that means to a Black person living in this country and the history behind it..

I don't agree with Meghan that he is a sociopath but clearly there isn't something wrong with him.  If this is just a case of selfishness and ego then he deserves to go to jail.

• Love 10

WtH has Megs Mc ever encountered in her brief life that gives her any particular insight in using humor to survive bleak times? The very expectable death of an elderly, beloved dad is a sad situation that most of us will experience, but doesn't approach the 24/7 absolute terror and  anguish of living in a war zone.

Edited by telemachus2
redundant
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
42 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

You're absolutely correct @sugarbaker design ... I didn't "twist the crystal far enough to" take into account all the other aspects that you mentioned.  Thanks!

Edited by Medicine Crow
move quotes
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't agree with Meghan that he is a sociopath but clearly there isn't something wrong with him.  If this is just a case of selfishness and ego then he deserves to go to jail.

Allegedly, a certain Nkechi Amare Diallo did the same thing back when she was black. The attention that they get and the victim complex that they create gets them off, but even if I understood that it's still hard to understand.

This is a big story, so I get why the news media are covering it like crazy but providing additional attention towards him and his lie just feeds into the attention that he was initially seeking. If he lands in jail, you know that he's going to have interviews lined up for him. A documentary might be made about him. He'll write a book. He'll go on Celebrity Big Brother. He's going to have more offers now than he did before.

So why feed into his insatiable hunger and focus on bigger problems. There are still kids who haven't been reunited with their parents on the border. I'd rather the media and the View focuses more on that then some celebrity lying.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Allegedly, a certain Nkechi Amare Diallo did the same thing back when she was black. The attention that they get and the victim complex that they create gets them off, but even if I understood that it's still hard to understand.

I had to google her to see if she is who I thought she was and yes it's Rachel Dolezal.

My question is does someone wake up one day and decide to do something this horrific (and it is horrific.  Faking a hate crime when there are so many legit hate crimes happening just because you want attention or a salary raise or whatever) or were there signs of him having some serious issues previously?

6 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

This is a big story, so I get why the news media are covering it like crazy but providing additional attention towards him and his lie just feeds into the attention that he was initially seeking. If he lands in jail, you know that he's going to have interviews lined up for him. A documentary might be made about him. He'll write a book. He'll go on Celebrity Big Brother. He's going to have more offers now than he did before.

And this is why someone else will do something just as horrible.  Not so nice people continue to be rewarded.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I had to google her to see if she is who I thought she was and yes it's Rachel Dolezal.

My question is does someone wake up one day and decide to do something this horrific (and it is horrific.  Faking a hate crime when there are so many legit hate crimes happening just because you want attention or a salary raise or whatever) or were there signs of him having some serious issues previously?

And this is why someone else will do something just as horrible.  Not so nice people continue to be rewarded.

I didn't know who he was until this happened, so I'm not sure if there were any signs. Apparently he wanted to be a saviour for people like him and he called himself the gay Tupac at his concert after the attack. There may have been more signs, but no one really noticed since it was mostly harmless.

I don't know why people do this. There were some people claiming that they were attacked by Black Panther movie goers for being white and that was fake as well. Some people are just idiots who will go to the lowest common denominator for attention.

I'm just worried that some other person will do this after seeing the attention Jussie got.

• Love 8

Meghan:  "I hate ISIS.  With all due respect*, why should I care what a terrorist finds funny?"

You shouldn't Meghan--and you probably can't.  You don't try to understand what anyone thinks if it conflicts with your perfect view.  Don't worry about trying to understand other cultures, other ideas that have nothing to do with Republicans, Democrats, or politics.  

*Do I believe your question was asked "with all due respect"?  Nope.  Just an opening (probably written) for a question on your blue card.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

This is the second time she's called Jussie Smollett a sociopath. She needs to stop throwing that word around because I'm almost certain she doesn't know what it means. We can call him a lot of things but casually throwing the word 'sociopath' out there is so inappropriate and unnecessary. 

Speaking fervently, she said she's no longer going to jump on a topic and Tweet about it--or talk about it on The View when she doesn't have all the facts. How long will that last?

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Speaking fervently, she said she's no longer going to jump on a topic and Tweet about it--or talk about it on The View when she doesn't have all the facts. How long will that last?

When she inevitably breaks that vow I hope someone here who tweets lights her ass up with that reminder.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Dear Abby,  

If Serena Williams wants to plan, organize, throw and PAY FOR a an "over the top" baby shower for her good friend, who are YOU to complain?  Why do YOU care if she receives baby gifts?  I assume most of the women invited are/were friends and associates from her work in the United States.  This was a special event that Serena Williams wanted to celebrate. Serena is both a mother and a celebrity; someone who definitely understands how this business works.   Did Meghan plan the event?  

Serena is under no obligation to invite people you think should be included.  Are those people going to invite Serena to any family events?

Did YOU plan your wedding or baby showers?  And it's not about NEEDING baby gifts.  It's about friends wanting to share in a happy event for one of their friends who no longer lives close.  Friends who are probably happy to be included--and happy to search for or create perfect gifts for their friend.  There will be gifts never used, but saved as mementos for decades...some possibly forever since this baby will be "a Royal."

Why do YOU care if the British think baby showers are "tacky"?  Meghan is an American and benefitting from an American tradition.

I don't know if you're hormonal, jealous, or if we finally learned that you are a Mean Girl.

Geez saying what if something happens with the baby and you have all those gifts is awful.   She’s at least 6 months along so wait till baby is born till a shower is given? . Like all royals they will receive gifts from all over the world and I’m sure they will be donated.  Really what’s the diffference from any wealthy person or celebrity having a wedding or shower for 2nd weddings/ births. Or 2 people who been together 20 years then get married are they really going to need that toaster oven?  It’s a whole different world now. 

I have  never cared for showers but Ana’s looked fun. 

14 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

When she inevitably breaks that vow I hope someone here who tweets lights her ass up with that reminder.

Calling him a sociopath a second time is breaking it. Zip it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Did you guys noticed how Megan said with envy how Ana was friends with Gloria Estefan who threw her shower ... That is Megan's main issue, she wants to be liked and accepted, her problem is that she is rude nasty and overestimates her intelligence.. I also noticed the tension between her and Ana. Ana is not feeling her at all..

Did I mishear Meghan say she is in charge of planning another shower for Ana?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Geez saying what if something happens with the baby and you have all those gifts is awful.

Yeah, what kind of crackpot was that?   And she wasn't in the British contingent.

• Love 5

I doubt they gave Megan gifts for her baby.  Shipping them to England is a big bother.   I feel confident she requested no gifts.  The hoopla about her coming to gather with friends is nuts  

14 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan is wrong. Jussie S is not a sociopath.   I do expect that in the upcoming weeks we will hear that he suffers from depression, bipolar disorder,  PTSD,  some sort of addiction or a medication effect.

Oh yes.  They will come up with a reason he has to do rehab.  I really don't care.  He commited a felony, many do, prisons are full of them.  <shrug>

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan is wrong. Jussie S is not a sociopath.   I do expect that in the upcoming weeks we will hear that he suffers from depression, bipolar disorder,  PTSD,  some sort of addiction or a medication effect.

Like many others with his career and problems, he has been in show business since the age of five.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Bucket said:

I doubt they gave Megan gifts for her baby.  Shipping them to England is a big bother.   I feel confident she requested no gifts.  The hoopla about her coming to gather with friends is nuts  

You know, Bucket, I did see a video clip of several of her friends arriving at a hotel (various black SUVs and limos), and I didn't see anyone carrying a gift.  I looked it up to find the location:   The baby shower was held at NYC's swanky Mark Hotel penthouse suite, which is described on its website as "a castle in the sky." While Meghan's friends probably footed the bill for the shower, she still had to pay for her jet rides to and from New York, with each way reportedly costing $100,000.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

While Meghan's friends probably footed the bill for the shower, she still had to pay for her jet rides to and from New York, with each way reportedly costing $100,000.

Sure. She has plenty of money so I don't see a problem.  Did they complain about that this morning or is the media saying people are upset?

Edited by Bucket

Meghan is starting to put me into almost hysterical laughter when I see her these days. She's just so much like a child. Listen to her voice as she states: "I hate ISIS", her hallowed tones when Larry Charles tells her some Iraqis are willing to martyr themselves for comedy: "For Freeeeeeedom!" she replies in rapture. "What do they think of American comedy?" she needs to know, and the satisfied nodding when Larry tells her Western comedy is the foundation of all humour everywhere*. I'm not sure if I'm explaining what I mean properly, but she's just so ridiculous really.

I did giggle a bit too with Larry: "I also went to Mogadishu, Somalia". What, not Mogadishu in Ohio?

*as an aside, I'm not sure that can historically be true.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Did I mishear Meghan say she is in charge of planning another shower for Ana?

I thought Meghan said she's planning Abby's baby shower.  Abby oddly said that Meghan Markle wasn't having family or school friends at her shower, but Abby has also told us she (Abby) had no school friends herself and nobody voted for her when she ran for office. I suspect Meghan had a similar childhood.  So they have to organize their own or each others' showers and seem jealous of celebrities.  Meghan seemed unusually excited (or drunk) about celebrating babies today.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Bucket said:

Sure. She has plenty of money so I don't see a problem.  Did they complain about that this morning or is the media saying people are upset?

Dunno.  That was just the little blurb I found when searching for the shower's location.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bucket said:

The British press is having a field day once again bashing Megan Markle for all of the world's problems. Some in the press complained that Megan's presence  caused problems in New York citing that people would not be able to move around and that it was an inconvenience for New Yorkers to live their lives..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Somehow I missed this segment today. I'm shocked that Meghan said, "What do they think of American humour?" That's such a stupid question. It could be relevant, but Larry Charles is promoting comedy from these places, so it would be better to ask what kinds of humour they enjoy using. It's about them, not America. Anyways, she asked the question and he answered which is fine, but I wish she saw that these "otherworldly" people are able to find humour from a place that routinely bombs them and dismantles their governments.

There was some nuance here, you know. They understand that the governments are at fault, but not the comedians or the regular people there but Meghan just hears America and she's happy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

To add to the hoopla, Meghan Markle used Amal Clooney’s jet, it was loaned to her. So it’s not like she spent any money getting to and from ny.  I guess another reason for MM to dislike the other MM?  As joy has said, so what, who cares?

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, OnTime said:

Not only is Miss Meggie wearing upholstery fabric ... she looks like a friggin' couch topped with a mountain of hair extensions!

It looks like I Dream of Jeannie's head plopped down onto on my grandma's sofa.

rps20190221_183953.jpg

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She keeps proving daily that she's an intellectually bankrupt nimrodic maroon. There are actors who don't hate him and supported him. She just assumes everyone in Hollywood--be it actors, directors, producers, etc., are liberals. When anyone with a thinking brain knows that that is just not the case.

The implication that if you believe Trump is a very bad President, you are a person who hates irritates me.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

The JLo hairdo didn't work on Sunny last week and certainly doesn't work on Meh-gun today;

Gosh, I hope Sunny doesn't have the rooster hairdo (that Meghan had last week) tomorrow!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Just read the party for the shower arranged flowers at the party and they were donated to an organization in NYC that disperses them to different charities. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Can't wait to hear what M McCain's shower will do for fun.....drink, smoke cigars, shoot?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Some in the press complained that Megan's presence  caused problems in New York citing that people would not be able to move around and that it was an inconvenience for New Yorkers to live their lives..

OH, THE HUMANITY !!

(and I do not miss Whoopee at all)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Anyways, she asked the question and he answered which is fine, but I wish she saw that these "otherworldly" people are able to find humour from a place that routinely bombs them and dismantles their governments.

It's too bad our pundint and expert on American politics knows nothing about world history or compassion.  Humor in the time of famine, war, holocaust can't be stopped.  Humans always ways to cope...to continue hoping.  She'll never understand...or even try.   She's such a disappointment.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

OH, THE HUMANITY !!

(and I do not miss Whoopee at all)

And if Whoopi were there she would have been whining that Markle limos were as disruptive as bike lanes.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9