Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Estimated Time of Departure

ottoDbusdriver
  • Start Topic

@meggonzo, sorry, right - I was thinking of the lab technician. But no, I didn't think the ME guy was her ill-fated Jamaica travel buddy. It seemed like they hadn't talked to each other in a while (regardless of her five year absence - I mean, hadn't talked to each other because they aren't now and weren't ever friends/friendly), and if he'd been one who stood her up, that would've made their conversation extremely awkward - and there likely would've been mention by one or both of them of him jilting her. 

Edited by Biggie B
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, meggonzo said:

Anyone else think the medical examiner is the boyfriend that didn't go to Jamaica with Saanvi?

I didn't get that feeling. I think the reveal of the mysterious companion (did they say it was a he?) is going to be much more dramatic (or should I say melodramatic.) 

• Love 1

The writers managed to ruin the Jared character in record time , it seems to me ! Not too long ago, he was a caring, level-headed guy and within the space of about 3 episodes,, he's become an abusive, hot-headed know-it-all. He doesn't give a crap about Mick's opinion (Wait, she's a woman perhaps she shouldn't even have one !), and thinks there is no possibility that he is wrong.

If the 828ers life cycle theory is correct, then the gunshot can't kill Zeke yet. They probably aren't going to write Jared off the show, so I'm guessing that the bullet missed them both & lodged in the wall somewhere. Anything else would be too exciting for this show !

Edited by willco
add something
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16

The expiration date was a clever twist and not something I saw coming, so that's a plus.  And Grace is pregnant, so my Ben/Saanvi ship stays afloat a bit longer, also a plus. 

But if this season is a model for the next 4, I don't see myself coming back.  The domestic drama and tiresome triangles are just too much to wade through for such a tiny bit of pay-off.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Yeah, for a mathematician, Ben is sure devoted to pencil and paper. Those missing 5 years must have made a difference, technology-wise? I laughed when I saw the long division. 

Weirdly my recording cut out for a second or so, so I didn't see the exact long division he was doing, but even in the dark ages of 5 years ago, I would have turned to Google or excel or sql to add days to a date! Maybe he became a mathematician because of some odd childhood fondness for long division? Do they even still teach that?

• LOL 1

Maybe we won't have to wait until June 2, 2024 for the end of the series.  Passenger Kelly Taylor died in "Reentry" (episode 2) and Passenger Harvey Stein died in "Point of No Return" (episode 8).  Cancellation of the series could be announced on August 28.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, CathieA said:

Maybe we won't have to wait until June 2, 2024 for the end of the series.  Passenger Kelly Taylor died in "Reentry" (episode 2) and Passenger Harvey Stein died in "Point of No Return" (episode 8).  Cancellation of the series could be announced on August 28.

I was about to say, August? That's way too late, they'd have to be filming way before that... Then I saw what you did there 🙂 (828, just in case there's anyone even slower than I am)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, margol29 said:

Grace has got to be in her late 30's or early 40's. She has two children around 15 or 16 years old. She was clearly having a relationship with Danny before 828 returned. Why wasn't she on birth control? It might be believable for a teenager to get preggers. (Whoops) but it really annoys me when its the older mom trope of  "accidentally"  getting pregnant. 

Wasn’t Ben’s first clue that she was seeing someone finding condoms in the bedroom?

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, AV8n said:

Wasn’t Ben’s first clue that she was seeing someone finding condoms in the bedroom?

Thank you! More support for my the-baby-is-Ben's-from-Jamaica theory.
Except.
Oh crap.
How would that work with Grace not on the plane and Ben's swimmers in Grace?
The kid should be 5 years old now.
I guess I should go delete my post with that theory.
And Ben's face. He knows it's Danny's.
Argh.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, AV8n said:

Grace has got to be in her late 30's or early 40's. She has two children around 15 or 16 years old. She was clearly having a relationship with Danny before 828 returned. Why wasn't she on birth control? It might be believable for a teenager to get preggers. (Whoops) but it really annoys me when its the older mom trope of  "accidentally"  getting pregnant. 

Maybe it's neither Ben's or Danny's but a "Manifest Conception"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

So, if they do die exactly five years and however-long-it-was after the plane came back, what would the cause of death be? Griffin was under water for 3(ish) days and should have died from that, but didn't...but then did. Nothing "happened" to the plane (apparently) that would have killed all the passengers (there was no crash or anything), it just disappeared and then reappeared completely intact with no one on board knowing anything happened other than some bad turbulence.

Will they all suddenly be electrocuted from the dark lightning in five years?

Are Zeke's hands going to suddenly turn black from severe frostbite before he drops dead of hypothermia in a year or so?

Also, I really kinda hate the name Zeke. I never felt one way or another about it before watching the last few episodes.

Glad I’m not the only one hoping Jared took that bullet. But he probably didn't (or he'll just be in the hospital for a few days again and M and L can reconcile after more awkward hanging around in his room wringing their hands with worry).

Jared was pissing me off. "I'm going to protect you whether you like it or not even though there's shit going on that I can't even comprehend and I won't listen to a word you say! Because I love you!!"

• Love 7

I won't be surprised if the proximity of Michaela to the gun going off and her focus on being an instrument of The Calling will generate a force field that will melt the bullet.

13 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Jared was pissing off. "I'm going to protect you whether you like it or not even though there's shit going on that I can't even comprehend and I won't listen to a word you say! Because I love you!!"

Jared's behavior now reminds me of my ex. About 30 years ago I was upset and got in my car to drive the 2 miles to the beach. My ex threw himself across the windshield of my car, effectively preventing me. Shortly after that, we separated, and I've never had another relationship. But I drive to the beach almost everyday for 30 minutes to chill.
I don't think this is the characterization they were going for with Jared, but that's what it looks like.
Michaela really dodged a bullet by not coming back 5+ years ago to accept Jared's marriage proposal. Maybe now she'll realize that. And Zeke's no prize either. She's got a job, the callings, the extended family—does she really have time for romance?

• Love 4
11 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Cororner's report, shmoroner's report. Right? I mean, how can a coroner determine time of death accurately for someone whose body obeys laws of physics different from those taught in Coroners School?
Anyway, if Griffin survived 828 minutes (13 hours and 48 minutes?) after he was revived,
and assuming the revival clock started ticking when he emerged from the van,
I guess he didn't really die until 13 hours and 48 minutes before he emerged from the van,
which,
subtracted from "Saturday 9:14pm"
would be 7:26am Saturday. <--please Check My Math. It could be wrong.
So maybe he was in a really big air pocket from Wednesday morning until Saturday morning eating leftover junk food? I dunno.

ETA: Or maybe it wasn't 828 minutes that he survived? The captioning script isn't up yet. 

I didn't watch closely enough to distinguish 828 as total number of minutes which is 13 hrs+ as you say, vs 82 hrs and 8 mins. Half a day vs 3 1/2 days is quite a difference! I mean, in addition to being a perfectly arbitrary and unnecessary complication. Maybe they could get a calling stating what counting system they are using. Hours and minutes being human-based time, means that whoever the Dude is running this game is no alien at least.

Maybe The Calling works like my microwave where 62 is longer cook time than 101.

Michaela's monotone was particularly grating this episode. Melissa Roxburgh could invest in some voice lessons during the hiatus.

Saw Athena Karkanis in S1 of The Expanse and though her role there was thankless pining after the noir detective, didn't hate her.

• Love 4

So trying to guarantee you'll be on the air until summer 2024. It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for them.

Micheala must wear a padded bra because when she was in the bikini on the beach she hardly had any bust. It looks like she wears the wrong size bra anyway. 

Olive has been going on and on about the peacock. Why didn't we see it before? NBC. Peacock. NBC has been behind the whole thing.

How do Ben and Grace survive? Does either one of them have a job now? And if they do, they never go to it.

I can't last 5 seasons. I really don't know that I'll be back for season 2. I know that the coming seasons will be lots of rabbit trails that have little to do with the mystery of what happened to the plane and a bunch of relationship drama.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Are Zeke's hands going to suddenly turn black from severe frostbite before he drops dead of hypothermia in a year or so?

I am guessing next year's finale will revolve around whether Zeke dies or not.  (fade to black)

17 minutes ago, Aryanna said:

How do Ben and Grace survive? Does either one of them have a job now? And if they do, they never go to it.

I was actually looking forward to finding out more about their financial problems.  Because it's definitely more interesting than the Callings and the Triangles.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, fauntleroy said:
15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

. . .Anyway, if Griffin survived 828 minutes (13 hours and 48 minutes?) after he was . . .

I didn't watch closely enough to distinguish 828 as total number of minutes which is 13 hrs+ as you say, vs 82 hrs and 8 mins. Half a day vs 3 1/2 days is quite a difference!  I mean, in addition to being a perfectly arbitrary and unnecessary complication. Maybe they could get a calling stating what counting system they are using. 

Correction(?) from this episode's captioning:
   BEN:     According to the police report,
               Griffin was underwater for 82 hours and 8 minutes.
   OLIVE: 8-2-8.
   . . . 
   BEN:     According to the Medical Examiner's report,
               his death was exactly 82 hours and 8 minutes later.

and from last episode's captioning:
               It says that the car went into the water Wednesday 11:06 a.m. 3 1/2 days ago.
               And he got out tonight at what time? 9:14 p.m.
               Michaela, that's 82 hours and 8 minutes.

Anyway, from Saturday night at 9:14 p.m., 82 hours and 8 minutes would be Wednesday morning at 7:25 a.m.

The TV announcer in this episode just says "He'll be joining us in the 11:00 hour to answer our questions . . ." so, I guess Griffin could have done his red carpet walk followed by his Aquaman barf at 7:25 a.m. 

HOWEVER:

23 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

But the coroner's report indicated that Griffin died at 10:49 am on Tuesday Dec. 11, 2018, which is 61 hours and 35 minutes after Griffin was pulled from the river.

So I guess the props were made before the script was finalized?
Or is there an alternate universe for the coroner?
Do I have to make one of those code wheels out of 2 circles cut from dry-cleaner shirt cardboard connected with a brass fastener like when I was a little girl?
If so, which timeline do I put on the outer wheel and which is the inner?

And, @ottoDbusdriver, were you sleep-typing 828 minutes for Griffin, or did I miss something?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Jared was pissing me off. "I'm going to protect you whether you like it or not even though there's shit going on that I can't even comprehend and I won't listen to a word you say! Because I love you!!"

Jarrod is sounding remarkably like Ben these days.  This writer seems to have one size fits all for his "he men protecting the little women and others" characters.

Edited by green
  • Love 3

I've read in a few places how the creator of the series had no intention of writing Grace to be hated.  So, he fixed it for the last few episodes.  I'm thinking he's made the same mistake with Jared's character.  He thinks he's writing him to be this protective loving person.  But, this last episode was over the top at the end.  Hopefully he'll read all the negative feedback and fix him for next season.  He's a main character and I'd doubt he's planned to make it so that for the rest of the series he's hated.  

I think the Grace is pregnant story is stupid.  Would have been more interesting for it to be Michaela from before she disappeared.  Then that baby would be the one the major was looking for and they'd have to figure out how to keep them away from them.  And they should never have had Jared and Lourdes get married.  She could have been dating him, or even engaged and ended things when she came back.  Now, he looks like a jerk for cheating and not caring that he lost his wife and close friend. Poor planning. Maybe that type of plot would have worked 10 years ago when he first came up with the story idea.  But fizzles in today's age.

Hopeful for a season 2, but also hoping they don't turn Jared into a permanent jerk.

Edited by Catmeister
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Catmeister said:

I've read in a few places how the creator of the series had no intention of writing Grace to be hated.  So, he fixed it for the last few episodes.  I'm thinking he's made the same mistake with Jared's character.  He thinks he's writing him to be this protective loving person.  But, this last episode was over the top at the end.  Hopefully he'll read all the negative feedback and fix him for next season.  He's a main character and I'd doubt he's planned to make it so that for the rest of the series he's hated.  

I think the Grace is pregnant story is stupid.  Would have been more interesting for it to be Michaela from before she disappeared.  Then that baby would be the one the major was looking for and they'd have to figure out how to keep them away from them.  And they should never have had Jared and Lourdes get married.  She could have been dating him, or even engaged and ended things when she came back.  Now, he looks like a jerk for cheating and not caring that he lost his wife and close friend. Poor planning. Maybe that type of plot would have worked 10 years ago when he first came up with the story idea.  But fizzles in today's age.

Hopeful for a season 2, but also hoping they don't turn Jared into a permanent jerk.

I do think Michaela being pregnant before the disappearance would be more interesting than your average "who's the daddy" plot. Of course, she would still be pregnant - given that only 6 weeks have gone by.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Yeah, it was supposed to be 82 hours and 8 minutes -- I've corrected it in my original post.

I might have introduced this 828 min error earlier, though am not adept enough in this new interface to find it. But I will defend the error! Because it exemplifies the cockamamie-ness of numerology.

Why would whatever force is directing all this combine separate units ie hrs and mins into a single number. 82 of one thing, and 8 of another thing. 828 to mean 82 hrs/8 mins is arbitrary base 60 bullshit, could just as easily mean 8 hrs/28 mins. Or stick to single unit and say 828 hours. Microwaves as I said earlier interpret "100" as 60 secs but "61" as 61 secs. Overlords of fate should be better with their daffy numerology clues.

Not only is it a load of tosh generally but is not necessary in the first place. And as somebody mentioned above it doesn't follow that they will die as Griffin did in (return date + amount of time missing) because the plane did not crash as far as we know - they did not find wreckage containing no bodies - the plane returned intact.

Also does this formula make it a guarantee? Some were short-changed then. Some survivors have already died, does their unspent time get put into a time bank that other survivors can draw from?

Google 'numerology 828' for additional goofiness.

Wait just realized 828 backwards is...828 oh my god I take back everything I just wrote.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

bullet most likely hit Michaela and she could be  (but won't be) put in a coma until her expiration date

14 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I do think Michaela being pregnant before the disappearance would be more interesting than your average "who's the daddy" plot. Of course, she would still be pregnant - given that only 6 weeks have gone by.

Since it has only been 6 weeks, how about this: Michaela is pregnant (how long were they in Jamaica? 2 weeks? She could be 8-10 weeks pregnant—or less in Manifest time) which is discovered when she is taken to the hospital for the gunshot wound, which is a pretty standard TV trope.

Speaking of pregnancies and Manifest time (MfT?):
Grace says she's about 6 weeks pregnant.
Flight 828 returned 6 weeks + a couple of days ago (Nov. 4 - Dec. 11).
Unless obstetrics is different now than when I was having kids (which it could be) "6 weeks pregnant" means 6 weeks from the start of the last menses, with ovulation typically occurring 2 weeks later, and conception occurring from the moment of ovulation until up to 5 days, but typically within 1-3 days, with a sperm having been deposited anywhere from 1 week before ovulation to 5 days after, but, again, typically not that long.
So, it could easily be Ben's baby.
But: "Rake: We will almost certainly see more of Danny in Season 2" (tvguide.com/news/manifest-season-1-finale-jeff-rake).

Meanwhile: The poll closes on 02/22/2019 at 11:00 PM to vote for thread titles and formats (i.e., with and/or without spoilers) for Manifest speculations: Manifest Speculation Topic(s) — You Chose!

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The bullet most likely hit Michaela and she could be  (but won't be) put in a coma until her expiration date.   Michaela has to be the one that is shot, that would only make sense.   Everything else on this series has turned into a soap opera, even the ridiculous pregnancy story line.

If Cal can draw the future, then why didn't he draw the bank robber drowning?  If he draws that, Zeke doesn't buy the gun.

And what happened to his drawing of a table full of money? Has no one said hmm, right after Cal "made up" a drawing, all that money was recovered. Maybe he DOES create the future. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, fauntleroy said:

Google 'numerology 828' for additional goofiness.

Wait just realized 828 backwards is...828 oh my god I take back everything I just wrote.

I had to google 828 to refresh my memory on the quote from Romans 8:28 which she mentioned at the airport and was on Mic and Ben's mother's pillow way before they took flight 828.

“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28.

So I don't think God is involved but it would be hilarious after 5 years of this show to see that it is their mother who started the whole thing originally.  Hey, it would make about as much sense as anything else on this show.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Ben protecting his family makes a lot more sense than Jared protecting Michaela. 

Michaela is a cop, she would know how to protect herself.  I think Jared is just jealous and that is why he is acting the way he is acting.  The problem s that he won't listen to anything that Michaela tells him.  He is hell bent on getting rid of Zeke out of jealousy, no other reason.

I think Jared is a lost cause.  The writer needs to admit his mistake and move on from the character.

Except Ben never really protected his family.  Just kept them in the dark making them far more vulnerable and treating them as second class people.  And Ben and Jarrod have the exact same attitude to non-adult male characters.  Same stupid writer on a macho man jag.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, fauntleroy said:

I think you may be on to something here. Exactly what , I'm not sure yet . But as Roy Neary said in Close Encounters ,"This means something"

Good catch

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, green said:

I had to google 828 to refresh my memory on the quote from Romans 8:28 which she mentioned at the airport and was on Mic and Ben's mother's pillow way before they took flight 828.

So I don't think God is involved but it would be hilarious after 5 years of this show to see that it is their mother who started the whole thing originally.  Hey, it would make about as much sense as anything else on this show.

I'm pretty sure that the Romans verse is 82.8 characters long.  Because the Manifest writers invented fractional letters in their spare time just to mess with the viewers. </sarcasm>

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 2/19/2019 at 7:16 AM, margol29 said:

Lame finale. Stupid cliffhanger because we all know the bullet probably hit Brows through the wall, BUT she survives; all the appropriate shits hit the fan: Zeke outed, but Mommy takes him in; Jared, involved in a shooting while stalking Brows, and cementing his reputation as a fucked up, jealous, lousy husband and ex, and exhibiting TOTAL disregard for his wife who he left hanging so he could hunt Zeke and Brows; Saanvi, ignoring the obvious love interest and listening to some lurking doctor who was planted in the hospital by the Major, gets grilled but my girl gets suspicious and points her good buddy Ben (whom she’ll “call later” ;=); Grace, DESPITE HIDING CONDOMS under her own mattress (who the fuck does that? Is that what playas do when they hook up regularly, stash condoms under the easily accessible mattress beneath them?) manages to fuck up even more by getting pregnant (of course the baby daddy is Danny, who is like dog shit on the bottom of Ben’s shoes and he can’t seem to scrape him off); Calamander is so depressed, he can’t tell his dad and Aunt that they are going to die, and his prediction is confirmed by the Stones’ prodigious calendar math; Zeke, despite being tailed by a detective who suspects a drug deal buys a gun, WHY? He’s sad because he’s responsible for his sister’s death and his mommy thinks he’s not a good man, so he promptly decides to kill Griffin, again, WHY? Why are people jumping to kill or murder someone so quickly and why don’t they do some good and kill Jared, or Danny when they’re in that mood?

As for that spoiler-laden article (j/k), I don’t mind the ambivalence so much as I hate the constant comment: “So we’ll see how it plays out.”  It makes me think that the writers have no fucking clue what they want to do with this story and are waiting for the fans’ reactions before proceeding.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jacks-Son said:

WHY? Why are people jumping to kill or murder someone so quickly and why don’t they do some good and kill Jared, or Danny when they’re in that mood?

Fine but please kill Ben first.  He is by far the worst fictional character ever.

7 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Lame finale. Stupid cliffhanger because we all know the bullet probably hit Brows through the wall, BUT she survives; 

It was obvious they were going to have a cliffhanger because it's this show. But they could have gone in any direction other than a Falcon Crest-esque "who got shot" cliche. 

Also, "Brows" totally makes me chuckle. 

Edited by Superclam
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

; Grace, DESPITE HIDING CONDOMS under her own mattress (who the fuck does that? Is that what playas do when they hook up regularly, stash condoms under the easily accessible mattress beneath them?)

My take was that they weren't hidden, so much as dropped during ... ya know... and left while they grabbed a more convenient one, so that she may have gotten rid of the ones she had in her drawer, but didn't remember the one under the bed.

And....I've thought way too much about this.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

As for that spoiler-laden article (j/k), I don’t mind the ambivalence so much as I hate the constant comment: “So we’ll see how it plays out.”  It makes me think that the writers have no fucking clue what they want to do with this story and are waiting for the fans’ reactions before proceeding.

I suppose once the headwriter gets over his shock that no one likes Jared anymore, they will need to give him a rehabilitation tour.  Either Jared gets kicked off the police force and mopes around until December, or he gets shot and seemingly can never have sex again so clearly the Callings punished him.  

Everyone will get the Calling "Tell them everything"  But who's "them"?  Tell Danny about the baby?  Tell Zeke he might die in a year?  Tell the therapist everything?  Tell the hospital about the blood markers?  Tell the other 828 passengers about their major math discovery?  Sorry, none of the above and stay tuned for Episode 2.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Aryanna said:

So who among us is going to take the bullet? Who's gonna watch all 5 seasons of this (if it really does last that long) and come back and report to us what the mystery is about the plane?

I am not likely to watch next season, If it gets renewed. The premise was interesting, but the pitiful crumbs of a decent plot may not be enough. I waffle because I exercise to tv, so it depends on how many other options I have. I need a really strong cast or really good story to maintain interest. But who knows, another show had a weak first season, so I almost didn't watch, but the second season is much better. So I guess I am not saying never. 

• Love 3

So if the Major is posing as a therapist, then the 'kind' doctor must be in on it? Or she found out about the appointment and sent the real therapist packing?

Edited by judyri
  • Love 1
On 2/21/2019 at 4:40 AM, Superclam said:

But they could have gone in any direction other than a Falcon Crest-esque "who got shot" cliche. 

My guess is that none of the three got killed, but the bullet went through the window and hit some hapless redshirt across the street in Apartment 828.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

My guess is that none of the three got killed, but the bullet went through the window and hit some hapless redshirt across the street in Apartment 828.

Shit, damn, you made me spill my juice.  S'funny.  Your prediction is probably better than anything the writers already have in mind; if they have anything in mind.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jacks-Son said:
4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Shit, damn, you made me spill my juice.  S'funny.  Your prediction is probably better than anything the writers already have in mind; if they have anything in mind.

Anything @Dowel Jones writes will always be better than what we get with this show. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

It's Lourdes at the window with a telescope.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 2/18/2019 at 10:47 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Griffin killed his own 2 henchmen, but they only tased the armored car guards. So why do they keep saying that Griffin killed two armed guards ?

Wow, Saanvi goes to the dark side quickly, discussing killing Griffin if he decides to all evil with the callings.

I don't know if Griffin dying while ejecting gallons of water was supposed to be funny, but it was.  
It was like he was hooked up to a hose compared compared to the 5 or 6 quarts of water the average human lungs can hold.  Did you see how big that pool of water was ?

Did Griffin die exactly 82 hours and 8 minutes after he was pulled out of the river ?  Apparently so.  
From last episode, the van was in the river from Wed. 11:06am to Saturday 9:14pm -- which is exactly 82 hours and 8 minutes.  
Add an additional 82 hours and 8 minutes and Griffin should have died on Wed morning at 7:22am.  But the coroner's report indicated that Griffin died at 10:49 am on Tuesday Dec. 11, 2018, which is 61 hours and 35 minutes after Griffin was pulled from the river.  I'm beginning to think that the writers are incapable of doing basic date math.

So we finally know some specific dates -- if all the returnees are going to die on June 2, 2024, and they were gone for 2037 days, that means that the date that Flight 828 returned was Nov. 4, 2018.  Which also means that Flight 828 disappeared on April 3, 2013.

Does this mean that Zeke will be dead in a year anyway ?

-- what happened to Autumn ?

Funny how none of the tones thought "Oh shit... Zeke..."

As the Major has no use for Autumn (or, by extension, her daughter) any more, and Autumn knows too much, she probably had them offed.  The Major told her sidekick to let them go but that makes zero sense.  Unlike anything else on yhis show.

On 2/20/2019 at 6:22 AM, fauntleroy said:

Why would whatever force is directing all this combine separate units ie hrs and mins into a single number. 82 of one thing, and 8 of another thing. 828 to mean 82 hrs/8 mins is arbitrary base 60 bullshit, could just as easily mean 8 hrs/28 mins. Or stick to single unit and say 828 hours.

No one refers to a period longer than a day as [x] hours and [y] minutes.  It wouls either be [a] days, hours and [c] minutes or just [q] minutes.  Just duuuummmmmb.

• Love 2

I've been pregnant three times in the last five years and clearly recall knowing that I was pregnant at around two-three weeks after conception. Since typically you're not technically pregnant the first two weeks that the pregnancy starts counting, Grace can only be pregnant with Danny's child if she was fooling around after Ben came back. Of course, that would also imply that the writers know what they're talking about.

I do what to give props to the title of the episode.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, albinerhawk said:

I've been pregnant three times in the last five years and clearly recall knowing that I was pregnant at around two-three weeks after conception. Since typically you're not technically pregnant the first two weeks that the pregnancy starts counting, Grace can only be pregnant with Danny's child if she was fooling around after Ben came back. Of course, that would also imply that the writers know what they're talking about.

Yeah, apparently the writers originally considered having Grace realize she was pregnant earlier.  But they decided there were enough "complications".  And originally, the paternity would not be "an unknown factor".  I suppose they assumed the audience would be rooting for Ben and Grace to be together, so being pregnant with Danny's baby would be the obstacle.  But then they realized (unexpectedly) that people disliked Grace and didn't even want Ben/Grace together, so I assume they decided to spend half a season rehabilitating her before this obstacle could be thrown in.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2