Type keyword(s) to search

[FIXED] Homepage Missing Shows

justmehere

Should vaulted content that I've followed appear on my customized homepage? The various shows appear on the Forums tab under Manage Followed Content, but not on my homepage. Also, I follow a topic under Everything Else -- specifically Theater Talk: In Our Own Little Corner -- but it doesn't appear on my homepage. Is there something else I need to do for these?

Thanks.

• Love 1

I understood that everything I had selected as my Followed Content - whether a forum or topic - would automatically be part of my Home Page upon the update, but the vaulted forums I followed do not show up (the single-thread topics that replaced them do, but I followed both -- [vaulted] forum and [new] topic).  When I go to Followed Content and select Manage Forums I Follow, they're there, but how do I add them to my Home Page?  Or is that not possible, since nothing new will ever be added, and to access them when I want to look something up, I just use that Followed Content > Manage Forums path?

Also, if a vaulted forum does not show up now, is that a bug?  I know it said search results and (I think) activity streams may be delayed while things repopulate, but does that also apply to missing forums?  Because the vaulted Major Crimes forum does not show up in my Followed Content, and when I click on the link to it (http://forums.previously.tv/forum/530-major-crimes-v/) via the single-topic thread that replaced it, I get an error message: Sorry, there is a problem/We could not locate the item you are trying to view./Error code: 2F176/1

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Bastet said:

Also, if a vaulted forum does not show up now, is that a bug?  I know it said search results and (I think) activity streams may be delayed while things repopulate, but does that also apply to missing forums?  Because the vaulted Major Crimes forum does not show up in my Followed Content, and when I click on the link to it (http://forums.previously.tv/forum/530-major-crimes-v/) via the single-topic thread that replaced it, I get an error message: Sorry, there is a problem/We could not locate the item you are trying to view./Error code: 2F176/1

There's good news and bad news...

The bad news, unfortunately a technical error occurred during migrations, aka the software made like a magician, and the M vault completely vanished to another dimension.

The good news, as a result I heard it's auditioning in Vegas next week.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, justmehere said:

Should vaulted content that I've followed appear on my customized homepage? The various shows appear on the Forums tab under Manage Followed Content, but not on my homepage. Also, I follow a topic under Everything Else -- specifically Theater Talk: In Our Own Little Corner -- but it doesn't appear on my homepage. Is there something else I need to do for these?

Thanks.

I've been wondering the same thing.  I expected the topics I follow to be listed on my custom home page, but I only have the forums I follow listed there.  I still have to go to the Followed Content page to see the list of topics I'm following.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, AnnaRose said:

I've been wondering the same thing.  I expected the topics I follow to be listed on my custom home page, but I only have the forums I follow listed there.  I still have to go to the Followed Content page to see the list of topics I'm following.

Only Show topics will appear on your custom homepage, topics in Beyond TV Shows will not.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

The bad news, unfortunately a technical error occurred during migrations, aka the software made like a magician, and the M vault completely vanished to another dimension.

That is bad news, indeed.  Gone forever, then, I assume?  Damn; I checked Internet Archive and the Wayback Machine didn't archive the M vault during the time it existed. 

3 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Only Show topics will appear on your custom homepage, topics in Beyond TV Shows will not.

Just to clarify because I want to make sure I understand my home page. If we follow a Forum in Beyond TV Shows, that will show up on our home page. However, if we want to follow only a few Topics within that Forum, it won’t be on the home page so we should go to the Followed Content page to see those topics. Is that right? 

Second, a possible tip for other users: I found a few shows I thought I’d followed but were not on my home page. When I clicked on them, I found I’d mistakenly checked the box marked “Follow + Immediate Notification,” rather than “Follow without notification.” Once I changed this, the show was on my home page (need to refresh or leave page/come back before it shows up).

Finally, will it be possible in the future to unfollow Forums in Beyond TV Shows? For example, I’d rather not have Comic Books under Pop Culture appear on my home page, but there’s no unfollow button now.

Thanks! I think everyone has done a terrific job and been very patient and helpful.

Edited by Babalu
Added more questions/comments.
  • Love 1

Some topics (TV show threads) keep appearing and disappearing at will from the homepage. I followed them and they would be on my homepage. Great! But then, a bit later, a show or two goes off the homepage and when I find the show threads, I have to re-follow, etc.

So far, it happened with the Bones thread and the L&O and L&O: CI threads. Assuming this is a bug.

• Love 5

I am also having issues with the Bones thread - I just paid closer attention to the shows now so can't say for sure whether or not they have been appearing/disappearing, but right now, two TV topics (Bones and X Company) aren't showing up on the home page even though I am following them. I tried unfollowing and refollowing but that didn't work. There are other TV topics on my home page, so unsure why.

Would be nice though if other topics also came up in the home page - e.g. a thread for a specific movie - rather than having to go to a different section to see that.

51 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Some topics (TV show threads) keep appearing and disappearing at will from the homepage. I followed them and they would be on my homepage. Great! But then, a bit later, a show or two goes off the homepage and when I find the show threads, I have to re-follow, etc.

So far, it happened with the Bones thread and the L&O and L&O: CI threads. Assuming this is a bug.

I’m experiencing this as well. And to be honest, two S shows have disappeared from my homepage and I’m blanking on what they are. They’re all just one big blur. Do I need to write them down and wait until the reindexing is complete in case more start disappearing? Because some also are disappearing from the index page.

• Love 2

You're the Worst has a thread in the Other Comedies subforum. I have followed the thread, but it's not showing up on my home page. I tried changing the follow options and saving again but I can't get it to show up on my home page. It's also not showing up as an option when I click the "Easily customize your TV show selections from the TV Show Index" option.

I'm having the same problem with Russian Doll (also in the Other Comedies section).

12 hours ago, Babalu said:

Just to clarify because I want to make sure I understand my home page. If we follow a Forum in Beyond TV Shows, that will show up on our home page. However, if we want to follow only a few Topics within that Forum, it won’t be on the home page so we should go to the Followed Content page to see those topics. Is that right? 

Correct, yes.

12 hours ago, Babalu said:

Finally, will it be possible in the future to unfollow Forums in Beyond TV Shows? For example, I’d rather not have Comic Books under Pop Culture appear on my home page, but there’s no unfollow button now.

Thanks! I think everyone has done a terrific job and been very patient and helpful.

Anything is possible, whether it is likely...that is the question, heh. My answer is it's possible but not probable. Also, thanks.

7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

6 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

Russian Doll was on my homepage but has now disappeared.

6 hours ago, secnarf said:

I am also having issues with the Bones thread - I just paid closer attention to the shows now so can't say for sure whether or not they have been appearing/disappearing, but right now, two TV topics (Bones and X Company) aren't showing up on the home page even though I am following them. I tried unfollowing and refollowing but that didn't work. There are other TV topics on my home page, so unsure why.

Would be nice though if other topics also came up in the home page - e.g. a thread for a specific movie - rather than having to go to a different section to see that.

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m experiencing this as well. And to be honest, two S shows have disappeared from my homepage and I’m blanking on what they are. They’re all just one big blur. Do I need to write them down and wait until the reindexing is complete in case more start disappearing? Because some also are disappearing from the index page.

11 hours ago, whiporee said:

Not you folks, you're the best. But I can't find the show anywhere to follow it. Am I missing it?

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

You're the Worst has a thread in the Other Comedies subforum. I have followed the thread, but it's not showing up on my home page. I tried changing the follow options and saving again but I can't get it to show up on my home page. It's also not showing up as an option when I click the "Easily customize your TV show selections from the TV Show Index" option.

I'm having the same problem with Russian Doll (also in the Other Comedies section).

This is caused due to re-indexing issues we're experiencing at the moment. Hope to have it resolved asap.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

However, if we want to follow only a few Topics within that Forum, it won’t be on the home page so we should go to the Followed Content page to see those topics.

Couldn't you also click into the parent forum from your customized homepage and view all the topics with new content that way? I'm not understanding the need to go to Followed Content?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, 2727 said:

Couldn't you also click into the parent forum from your customized homepage and view all the topics with new content that way? I'm not understanding the need to go to Followed Content?

Yep you could, that's a good solution for a single forum at a time. If you want to see 'at-a-glance' all followed topics from multiple forums that have new content, using Followed Content is the only option.

Hello!  Yesterday a couple of shows had to get re-indexed and they appeared back on my list, but I don’t see All American on my list and when I do a show search it doesn’t come up.

Also with one of the re-indexed shows (Friends) it’s on my home page, but not in yellow like the other forums/topics.  It doesn’t cause an issue with accessing it, it’s just weird.

5 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

This is caused due to re-indexing issues we're experiencing at the moment. Hope to have it resolved asap.

Is re-indexing also causing show titles from disappearing in the main index? Titles that were on both my homepage and index yesterday but not this morning:

Batman:Animated Series

Cagney and Lacey

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Nash Bridges

Perry Mason

Prison Break

Smallville

I tried following the  Star trek: TNG thread and it wouldn't appear on my home page.  It also wasn't listed when I was looking at the list of all the shows to add to my homepage.  I did find when I searched through "other genre shows".  Is there any way to add it to my home page?

On 2/9/2019 at 1:25 PM, jackiecat said:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1054

I can see followed topics but get the above when clicking on the forums tab.

Same thing happens for me on forums.

I just noticed that at least one show that was on my homepage a few hours ago is now gone.  I went to the show list to add it back, and it's gone from there as well.  Are shows still being culled from the master list, or is this a glitch?

Also, on a different subject, when I came here to post this question, I got a message in red saying my content needs to be approved.  Does everyone see that, or did I commit some indiscretion that means I can't post without review?  I have no idea what that might be, if so.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, blueray said:

I tried following the  Star trek: TNG thread and it wouldn't appear on my home page.  It also wasn't listed when I was looking at the list of all the shows to add to my homepage.  I did find when I searched through "other genre shows".  Is there any way to add it to my home page?

This is caused due to re-indexing issues we're experiencing at the moment. Hope to have it resolved asap.

4 hours ago, nexxie said:

Same thing happens for me on forums.

We're on it, thanks.

1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

1. I just noticed that at least one show that was on my homepage a few hours ago is now gone.  I went to the show list to add it back, and it's gone from there as well.  Are shows still being culled from the master list, or is this a glitch?

2. Also, on a different subject, when I came here to post this question, I got a message in red saying my content needs to be approved.  Does everyone see that, or did I commit some indiscretion that means I can't post without review?  I have no idea what that might be, if so.

Thanks!

1. This is caused due to re-indexing issues we're experiencing at the moment. Hope to have it resolved asap.

2. All user posts in this area require approval.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I am trying to get The Neighborhood on my homepage. After finally finding it I selected to follow it, but it still isn't showing up. Is that because it's considered a topic and not a forum? All the other shows I followed were either already showing up or I was able to add them with no issues.

6 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

I am trying to get The Neighborhood on my homepage. After finally finding it I selected to follow it, but it still isn't showing up. Is that because it's considered a topic and not a forum? All the other shows I followed were either already showing up or I was able to add them with no issues.

This is caused due to re-indexing issues we're experiencing at the moment. Hope to have it resolved asap.

I follow Babylon 5 and that is not on my homepage. When I searched for Babylon 5, it was not found. When I checked in my "Manage Content" under my user name, Babylon 5 is there listed in other genre but it is not on that page. So essentially, there is no way for someone to find Babylon 5? Or am I confused or something is still being sorted out.

3 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I follow Babylon 5 and that is not on my homepage. When I searched for Babylon 5, it was not found. When I checked in my "Manage Content" under my user name, Babylon 5 is there listed in other genre but it is not on that page. So essentially, there is no way for someone to find Babylon 5? Or am I confused or something is still being sorted out.

Please see the post above yours.

The de-indexing issue has been fixed; all show topics should be appearing as & where expected - if you spot any that don't please post in here.

If a show is missing (or goes missing) from your homepage it's due to a reindexing issue we're experiencing at the moment. Please bear with us while we get it fixed, thanks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Thank you. I want sure if that was it or if I was doing something wrong (which is highly possible).

This is again likely re-indexing, but I'll just mention it just in case: FBI: Most Wanted is not on the list of PTV shows (used to customize forums) and not showing on the homepage but is listed in my follows.

As I said, probably an indexing thing but I figured on the off chance something else is up, I'd just say something and play it safe.

On 2/11/2019 at 11:25 AM, SilverStormm said:

If a show is missing (or goes missing) from your homepage it's due to a reindexing issue we're experiencing at the moment. Please bear with us while we get it fixed, thanks.

I can't recall if up thread you mentioned when the reindexing would be complete? By this weekend, or are we looking at a longer time, since it seems half of the shows I follow have disappeared from both the index and home page, when they were there before. Trying to keep up is making me dizzy! Thanks.

Don't know where to ask this. Before the update, my following forums page would let me know which ones had a new post. That is gone. I see the names of the shows, but if I want to know if there is any new post, and on which thread, I need to click on the show and look around. And doing this with every show is kind of inconvenient.

Am I missing something? Do I need to do something to make sure I know when new posts are on each show forum?

If not, consider this a suggestion. It was better the way it was before.

Just another indexing issue: FBI seems to have done a disappearing act entirely. It shows up in Follows but not on the Homepage nor does it show up now in the show search engine. The board must have its fun, I guess!

• LOL 1

I just want to confirm: The M Vault is gone for good, then, no back-up to be uploaded to this new server or any other sort of technological thing I know nothing about?  It seems that way from the initial response, but since there was no additional reply and there are threads disappearing and reappearing all over the place during re-indexing, I want to make sure it can't be restored so, if necessary, I can mourn the loss of over 5,000 posts about one of my favorite shows and move on.   

• Love 2
15 hours ago, alexvillage said:

Don't know where to ask this. Before the update, my following forums page would let me know which ones had a new post. That is gone. I see the names of the shows, but if I want to know if there is any new post, and on which thread, I need to click on the show and look around. And doing this with every show is kind of inconvenient.

Am I missing something? Do I need to do something to make sure I know when new posts are on each show forum?

If not, consider this a suggestion. It was better the way it was before.

I'm unclear whether you mean the actual followed forums/topics area or the custom homepage? Using the custom homepage to follow show forums and topics will indicate when there is unread content by a yellow highlight.

14 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think the A-M vault is only A-L???

https://forums.previously.tv/forum/4375-shows-a-m-vault/

The M Vault packed its things and left us. For good.

14 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Is there a board for Last Call with Carson Daily?

I don't know, but if there isn't you can start a topic for it. Also, please see the pinned post.

6 hours ago, marina to said:

I've followed Stargate SG1 but it's not showing up on my homepage. Turns out none of the Stargates are in the A-Z listing, which is probably why it's not showing up on my homepage. Can you fix this?

Please see the pinned post.

4 hours ago, Bastet said:

I just want to confirm: The M Vault is gone for good, then, no back-up to be uploaded to this new server or any other sort of technological thing I know nothing about?  It seems that way from the initial response, but since there was no additional reply and there are threads disappearing and reappearing all over the place during re-indexing, I want to make sure it can't be restored so, if necessary, I can mourn the loss of over 5,000 posts about one of my favorite shows and move on.   

Yep, sadly it is gone for good. 😕

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

I'm unclear whether you mean the actual followed forums/topics area or the custom homepage? Using the custom homepage to follow show forums and topics will indicate when there is unread content by a yellow highlight.

Yes. My homepage lists the forums I follow but that's it. Partial screen shot. I used to be able to see the latest posts, time and thread. Now I need to go to each forum to find out. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 7.34.14 AM.png