Type keyword(s) to search

S07:E06 Lacey's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

So mom is gone.  Lacey! Go walk! Go to the beach!! Sitting there playing video games won't help! 

Houston is a huge city, I find it hard to believe she couldn’t find a new park (or botanical) garden to walk through every other day. I try to take my kids to different parks just to change it up. 

• Love 6

She may be bipolar. Remember at the beginning she said she was on disability? She didn't say for what. It was easy to assume it could be for her weight, but it could be for mental illness.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, suzyq8017 said:

I’m actually exceptionally impressed with Lacey. After doing very well eating healthy, she got triggered and realized all she wanted to do was eat. She knew that wouldn’t fly after surgery and told Dr. Now so she could get help to figure out a different way. I mean, on this show? Wow. 

I agree. I hope she can pull up out of this nosedive.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Miss Chevious said:

I can’t believe these folks don’t know what to do with themselves. No kids, single, small apt so no big cleaning. Get a hobby! Food journal! Walk twice a day for thirty minutes! Do something! 

But Lacey doesn't LIKE walking.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Splashes said:

She probably isnt bipolar. Its more likely just something the mother decided the had.

It’s a bit off to me that she was so adamantly against her going to therapy because they’ll find out she’s bipolar. Like, don’t go to this legit doctor who might tell you all the bullshit I’ve been telling you. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Houston is a huge city, I find it hard to believe she couldn’t find a new park (or botanical) garden to walk through every other day. I try to take my kids to different parks just to change it up. 

She could! Houston is beautiful and has lots of places to go walk. 

OK. So it's surgery time. Let's see how this goes. 

• Love 4

So Mom and Dad are here for the surgery?    I hope they have separate waiting rooms for them.  

So no weigh ins since Month 3?     505 current weight (Month 7), lost a total of 186 lbs.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I haven’t seen the rest but if she needs something to do, why not get a job??? Was there a good reason not to?

Who would hire her?  She has no skills or experience and no physical stamina for most unskilled jobs.  And even if she did, she wouldn't make enough to live on but probably would lose her benefits.

Just now, libgirl2 said:

She could visit a nursing  home. Just do something that gets her out

It would be good for her, but I can't see her doing something altruistic like that.  Needy people rarely do that, they seek to receive emotional support, not give it.]

Painting is a good hobby but not optimal for her...

• Love 7

Oh my Lord in Heaven. You don't cry in front of your kid who is getting ready to have surgery!  You put a smile on, kiss your kid, and you suck it up until they're wheeled into the OR, for goodness sake. Loser!

• Love 23
1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Ok, in the time it took me to type my last comment, how the fuck did she get approved for surgery?? I swear I just heard her saying she slipped up and overindulged after her mom left. 

Oh, she just had to say that because she heard it was on the bingo card. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TwirlyGirly said:

MakeMeLookFat.thumb.jpeg.4fccbb9cc56dad906ddda9bb2cd6b5be.jpeg

"Does my fur make me look fat?"

Sorry, very late to the party; my dad was in from out of town and my eating habit was a chimichanga from a hole in the wall Mexican place (the best kind!) not Dr Now approved, I know, and now Cabernet...but anyway this reminded me of a time when a friend and I were at a bar and this guy came up to us and said, “excuse me, ladies, but I want your opinion. Does my hair make me look drunk?” He was absolutely serious. It’s our little joke now. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

She may be bipolar. Remember at the beginning she said she was on disability? She didn't say for what. It was easy to assume it could be for her weight, but it could be for mental illness.

I saw tons of prescription bottles in one scene.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Concerned said:

505. She’s back to what she was at 15. Wish I could get my freshman high school weight back.

Sing it, Concerned!

And I thought I was fat then (130 lbs)! I'd love to be my 15 YO weight!

• Love 3

Being 700 pounds is evidence of mental illness, particularly bipolar. She intellectually knows that she is killing herself, but can’t stop her behavior. If you say about somebody that there’s nothing wrong with them, they just need a good kick in the ass. Well, doctors call that bipolar.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

She could! Houston is beautiful and has lots of places to go walk. 

Houston is hot and humid, though, and it can be hard to spent a long time outdoors.  I don't tolerate heat and humidity well.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Houston is hot and humid, though, and it can be hard to spent a long time outdoors.  I don't tolerate heat and humidity well.

True. But there are malls she could go to and walk, as Dr Paradise said. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

I am thin and try to run 3 times a week. When I was on vacation in Jamaica I couldn't even walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breath. Humidity is no joke.

• Love 5