Type keyword(s) to search

S07:E06 Lacey's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Well, at least she's disciplined enough to eat a good breakfast before having dessert.

Right?

Lip-smackin' good, apparently.

“Like heaven wrapped in these ‘tiny’ bites,” as she eats a chocolate cupcake the size of my dog. 

Again, I’m behind but I can’t miss a chance to snark, as your comments are leading me to believe she will have some success :)

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Concerned said:

Being 700 pounds is evidence of mental illness, particularly bipolar. She intellectually knows that she is killing herself, but can’t stop her behavior. If you say about somebody that there’s nothing wrong with them, they just need a good kick in the ass. Well, doctors call that bipolar.

I hope you are being sarcastic and not serious when saying that.  Bipolar disorder is a serious mental illness and NOT of a personality disorder kind.  

• Love 17

Lost 222 lbs, so down to  469 (I think, I'm not a great subtracter without a calculator).    So daddy's back, and mommy bailed again.     Great way for mom to make sure her kid goes off the rails.   Mom is jealous of her daughter's weight loss, and the fact the Mom is growing a bunch.  

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

I'm not sure why she needs someone with her if she's recovered from the surgery?

I think TLC just wants someone there so they'll have more to film of the Poundticipant other than them shuffling from the microwave to the sofa all day.

Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

Lost 222 lbs, so down to  469 (I think, I'm not a great subtracter without a calculator).    So daddy's back, and mommy bailed again.     Great way for mom to make sure her kid goes off the rails.   Mom is jealous of her daughter's weight loss, and the fact the Mom is growing a bunch.  

Now I reaaalllllyyyy really want to know mom’s weight. 

• Love 3

I feel sorry for the herd that have to belay old Whitney.   I hope the wall survives her.

Gee Dad, it's called divorce, and people leave.   

I will wet my pants laughing if Lacey ends up smaller than Mom. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

I live in southern Indiana and am one of the few people who like the heat and humidity. I finally get my bones warm after winter.

I remember my first ever experience with humidity... it was just like being smothered with a blanket soaked in boiling water!

• Love 5
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

Plus, I  don't think she liked that Dr. Now was holding her accountable 

Not one bit. Mom turned on Dr. Now after that first meeting. 

• Love 3

OH! Next week's 600-pounder looks good! Until it's 9:50 pm next Wednesday night and he turns out to be a boring dud, too.

Telling your daughter that you love her loses something when it is preceded but telling her she is a freak show and you didn’t want to go out of the house with her when she was a kid because you were embarassed by her.

• Love 22

I get that her parents suck, but should parents generally feel guilty for working? I mean I worked when my kids were growing up and they turned out fine, despite me not being there 24/7. I think we need to separate working to put a roof over the family's head and being uninvolved. Those are not the same thing. 

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I am thin and try to run 3 times a week. When I was on vacation in Jamaica I couldn't even walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breath. Humidity is no joke.

I did my PhD in Seattle, which has almost no humidity, despite the rain. Wen I'd go to conferences in places with humidity, it would be like being hit in the face when I walked out of the airport. No. Do not like it at all, and once you get used to not having it, it's a real shock to the system to be in it again. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, suzyq8017 said:

OMG, did her dad just blame her for his not being around because he felt like going out with her was being in a freak show??? Did I hear that right???

He sure did.  But Lacey handled it pretty well.

Between trying to keep up with the show and the chat, I forgot I had chicken broth going... I was honestly afraid to see chicken jelly in the pot, but it seems to have held up OK after 2,5 hours.  Whew.  I usually go for 1,5-2 hours.

• Love 5
Just now, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

What are the thoughts on the new Grinch movie?  I’m partial to the original. I finally saw the Jim Carrey version and thought it was fucking terrible.  But the new one looks cute.

We took the kids to see it. We thought it was cute! Fuck the Jim Carrey one.. But the original one is still the best IMO. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Suzywriter said:

A clean house and a bra? This one is highly evolved.

A lot of them recently have worn clothes, top and bottom, and she has shoes too.
I've watched part, and come to chat, then finish and maybe chat with the left coasters.
My eating tonight was mac & cheese from Publix deli.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I did my PhD in Seattle, which has almost no humidity, despite the rain. Wen I'd go to conferences in places with humidity, it would be like being hit in the face when I walked out of the airport. No. Do not like it at all, and once you get used to not having it, it's a real shock to the system to be in it again. 

Yep. The first time I flew back to Houston after moving to Denver, I felt like I was being smothered in a wet blanket when I walked out of the Houston airport. 

• Love 4
Just now, Splashes said:

How do you know those arent for her?

Good point! 

Just now, Jeeves said:

Yep. The first time I flew back to Houston after moving to Denver, I felt like I was being smothered in a wet blanket when I walked out of the Houston airport. 

I went from Las Vegas to Houston. I thought I was going to die. 

• Love 3

She has started a painting class.  At least it's good she found something she likes and it is a group activity.  She is not Justin level of success, but definitely another success story!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I get that her parents suck, but should parents generally feel guilty for working? I mean I worked when my kids were growing up and they turned out fine, despite me not being there 24/7. I think we need to separate working to put a roof over the family's head and being uninvolved. Those are not the same thing. 

I don't think it was the working. I think it was the arguing, and not being there for the kids when the were around.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

I grew up in Colorado so my parents hated to come visit in the summer when I moved to Indian,so they didn't. lol

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

My city goes from ice storm central (hence skipping the gym for Two weeks...yikes) to hot and humid in the summer. I hate both extremes lol. 

• Love 4