Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Justin's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

Isn’t Dr. Paradise a psychologist? That’s important with anxiety but it seems like he would need to have a psychiatrist to help him medically as well. 

Depends on how bad he is.  He seems to be quite functional despite his issues, so therapy alone could work for him.  And even if it does not, therapy + meds >>>>>>>>> meds alone.

• Love 1
Just now, Godfrey said:

Rick Moranis, Father of the Year. Wife died, he dropped out of Hollywood to raise the kids.

Yes-he’s a great dad. Not that men are incapable of doing such a thing (individual humans have free will) but @aliya was talking about social TRENDS regarding parenting. Justin’s Dad didn’t just “check out” he did care about him, but he wasn’t the primary caregiver in the home. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I agree. He needs a scrip fro Xanax for a crisis. 

Sometimes I miss my Xanax...(not enough to ask for more, though; it's been about 20 years).

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 3

He worked with a psychiatrist before and didn't lose any weight, or deal with his mama issues. Dr. Paradise, psychologist, has got him actually addressing that issue.

• Love 7
Just now, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Why do people feel it’s necessary to confront a shitty parent?  Just admit to yourself that they’re a shitty parent and move on.  

Because I’m sure a part of them hopes the parent will apologize. Or they want to see the parents reaction. Humans confront other humans about their feelings quite regularly. Not surprising to me someone would want to confront a parent. 

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Does he realllllyyyyy need someone with him for 12 months?? What’s wrong with having a nurse aid for a few weeks after surgery? The living blob Steven did and he didn’t even have surgery!

I thought the exact same thing. Steven assigned to a concert in an apartment and not get out of bed, we could get a home health aide for Justin 

What kind of “traveling “ was mom doing? I’m sure she could’ve at least spent two weeks with him after surgery.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Why do people feel it’s necessary to confront a shitty parent?  Just admit to yourself that they’re a shitty parent and move on.  

Answers. Even if it’s not real likely you’ll get them. I know I’d kill to be able to confront my mother, but I didn’t realize all the harm she’d caused until a few years after she died. The lack of resolution is difficult to deal with. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, CircusPeanuts said:

What kind of “traveling “ was mom doing? I’m sure she could’ve at least spent two weeks with him after surgery.

She's using again. That other stuff was just some b.s. she made up to cover for it.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Godfrey said:

Rick Moranis, Father of the Year. Wife died, he dropped out of Hollywood to raise the kids.

Awesome, that's great but IMHO, he's the exception not the rule and women do that all the time 'cause, hey we're women and that's what's expected of us. Also, just to be fair, I have absolutely no use for those women who need to have an endless conga line of worthless, no good boyfriends in their kids' lives. Hate them.

• Love 11
Just now, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

It's a way to move on. Cathartic. I needed to. I wanted to. I had to. Telling her and making her admit what she did to me. How she made me feel. I had no voice when I was a kid, and being an adult and getting out all the hurt and anger towards her was such a relief. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Depends on how bad he is.  He seems to be quite functional despite his issues, so therapy alone could work for him.  And even if it does not, therapy + meds >>>>>>>>> meds alone.

I agree - definitely therapy + meds - not meds alone. But he does seem to have pretty serious anxiety and panic attack issues.  My daughter has significant anxiety issues but most people don’t even know it because she’s very functional so it was assumed therapy would be enough. She finally asked to try meds and a small prescription really helped her. He seems similar to her in that outwardly he seems fine and functional but inside he’s a disaster. 

• Love 1

Hey, Pill Pack lady...they make these handy little things called pill boxes. You can pick one up at the drugstore. No need to carry every single pill bottle you have in your tiny purse. I'm going to assume it's cheaper than getting your meds individually packed in little envelopes and mailed to you (which seems like a high risk for mistakes), too.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

You were watching it for tips on cooking in bed. It's okay. You're safe here, you can admit it. *wink*

I needed tips on being a better mother since she does a better job than those that have to work

• Love 7

He fit into one seat on the plane!

I hope he says his piece and ends it with mom. But I'm not hopeful. She will suck him back in, then disappoint him again. 

How come addicts have to beg borrow and steal to get drugs but they always seems have a zillion tattoos, which aren't cheap. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Because I’m sure a part of them hopes the parent will apologize. Or they want to see the parents reaction. Humans confront other humans about their feelings quite regularly. Not surprising to me someone would want to confront a parent. 

Eh, I’ve spent enough time on “Dealing with in-laws and family” message boards to know that is what rarely happens when you confront a shitty person.  If it’s going to make Justin feel better to get it all out, then more power to him but he doesn’t seem to have a strong enough personality to be able to handle when his mom breaks down and starts crying or turns it around and blames him.  His mom seems like a perpetual victim and nothing is ever her fault.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Adding to some of the other comment below, no matter what you do, someone will disapprove.  So, I have set a healthy boundry, that I will never have anything to do with my mother again.  Hope he does the same thing.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Answers. Even if it’s not real likely you’ll get them. I know I’d kill to be able to confront my mother, but I didn’t realize all the harm she’d caused until a few years after she died. The lack of resolution is difficult to deal with. 

He's got to confront her or else she's going to start cooking for him again as a way to interact. That's all she ever really did for him.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes-he’s a great dad. Not that men are incapable of doing such a thing (individual humans have free will) but @aliya was talking about social TRENDS regarding parenting. Justin’s Dad didn’t just “check out” he did care about him, but he wasn’t the primary caregiver in the home. 

Moranis is definitely the exception to the rule.

Justin got screwed. His mom sucks and dad did the best he could but could have done better.

• Love 3
Just now, CircusPeanuts said:

I wonder whether it was really *travelling* or something more nefarious.  There are some workplaces that make it *exceedingly* difficult to take time off, especially time off not pre-planned 14-15 months in advance, but if that was the case, she would have told him and she would have at least come for some time.  And if she was planning to move to Houston - she would be in the process of changing jobs or transferring locations anyway and could make it coincide.  She just did not want to do it, plain and simple. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, CircusPeanuts said:

I thought the exact same thing. Steven assigned to a concert in an apartment and not get out of bed, we could get a home health aide for Justin 

I assume dad was paying for Steven until dad went broke.

No you didn’t, bitch.  You did not want to build a relationship. And yes you’re right, you don’t deserve the son you’ve got.

He can’t rely on her and I hope he does not fool himself into believing he can.

• Love 9

Do I admit to you all that I screamed “yes!” When it was Dr. paradise answering the door at the therapist office? And that I was fairly certain it was his office by the neighborhood when Justin was driving up? I ❤️ Dr  Paradise. 

• Love 15