Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Robin's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

If 9:51 isn’t the latest we’ve finally gotten around to surgery, it’s pretty close. 

I remember one being that late last season, but I can't remember who it was.  I never find it satisfying when they have surgery right at the end of the show, because we don't get to see if they really lose the weight and make a true transformation.

Just now, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

And on a scale of 1-10, it’s 100!

No, it was 1,000!  Don't sell her pain short!  

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Lack of weight loss efforts aside, why is everyone dissing Robin because she says she's in pain?  She has bone on bone pain in her knees. Without her shot, I know my mother is practically crippled by her similar pain. Robin's legs looked awful and eventually ended up to be a big problem. She's 600 + lbs. I'm not sure I see why folks think she can do anything else but complain/cry/not walk. 

I know what that bone-on-bone is like. Before I had my hip replaced, I was in excruciating pain a lot of the time. Even laying down could be painful.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I always wonder if the participants have to sign waivers that guarantee no legal action in the case of injury or death. The woman has no training to be teaching dance. 

Personally I’m afraid she’s going to kill her mother. She dragged her elderly mom who is recovering from a stroke to the gym to do CrossFit. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

Curds are very hands on. And very squeaky when you eat fresh curds.  There are small cheese plants everywhere.   I live about miles 10 from several large  Belgioioso cheese factories.  Wisconsin cows produce great mozzarella cheese as well as a zillion other specialty cheeses. 

I make farm cheese at home and yes, it is very hands on!  And so many factors affect what it actually feels like in the process... my mom is an expert, but I am still learning. 

• Love 2

I'm a little worried when they end the episode by saying "I hope I keep moving forward."  The ones who are successful usually say something more positive and determined, like "nothing can stop me now" or "I know I can do this."

• Love 5

The local grocery store (Publix) sell cheese curds in the deli section, and if I put them in a microwave, they squeak when you eat them.   I love them.

Garrett didn't look much thinner, and he still looks so flushed, and sickly.    

Month 10-Robin 432, Garrett 418.    Way to go.   I love that she's walking, and maybe will get her knee surgery.    Garrett seems to have a good attitude.

Month 11-Garrett 337-Month 11.   Welding is a good living, and I'm glad he's motivated to move forward.      Down 220+ pounds.   

Robin-395 lbs, and a date night.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, cmpbl said:

Wow! Can someone buy Garrett a brush! Please ?

I don’t understand. In the beginning he had styled, dyed hair (I personally liked it) then bam it was shaved and now it’s just a shaggy, grown out shave job. Ok. At least his current hair matches well with his camo wardrobe. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

Hurray, Garrett is welding! That's in demand. I'm happy for him.

One of our missionaries finished his term and went back home to take up welding. He went to school for it , though.

Also, I'm glad Robin & her spouse are happy, but darned if she doesn't have one of the most hangdog looks I've ever seen. Physically, I find nothing feminine or attractive about her, which can often be overcome by a warm smile and pleasant personality. Not here, tho.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

So happy that Robin and hubby are going out for a date, but honey a sleeveless shell top is NOT a good look for you.

It seems like she carries all the weight in her arms and shoulders.

James seems like an intelligent, kind man, and he is reasonably good-looking.  I don't totally understand why he is with Robin, but good for him for being so sweet to her.  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Hellga said:

She is down to 463, so even if it took her a long time, she did lose nearly 200 pounds before surgery.  Good for her.  I just don't think she will be successful long-term unless something changes in her overall outlook on life.  Hope therapy will help.

Yes bring on Dr. Paradise!!!!!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Moving on to Family by the Ton.  I will have to read this thread later, I feel I missed so much trying to keep up with both the chat and the show!

Do you have a link?  I can't find it.

52 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Shaking my head. And I can't get a date.

I'm a size 12 and require no help to bathe.

Me too.  I can't get a date either😕  I have all of my own teeth and I can wipe my own ass too. Although after watching Dirty John, I'm not sure I want a date.

• Love 9