Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

Fantastic Four starts phase 6. November 8, 2024.

image.jpeg

Avengers: Kang Dynasty releases May 5, 2025
image.jpeg

Avengers: Secret Wars November 8, 2025
image.thumb.jpeg.570c1716e946d3f4b2d0a957d5b3860d.jpeg

I just hope that sometime between now and the end of 2025, they is something Young Avengers happening in the MCU. All these announcements and nothing to hint at it occurring in the next 2 years even though they have introduced nearly every member.

I'm not a due hard Marvel comic book reader , so I have no idea if some of these titles would include Young Avengers in some form.

• Love 1

Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania (2/2023), Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 (5/2023), The Marvels (7/2023), Blade (11/2023), Captain America: New World Order (5/2024), and Thunderbolts (7/2024). Plus, on the TV side, Secret Invasion, Echo, season 2 of Loki, Ironheart, Agatha, and the just-announced Daredevil: Born Again. That’s a very busy 2023!

It's going to be weird. A lot of the potential participants in the avengers will have a bunch of dangling threads. Namely Thor, Strange and Shang Chi. But, maybe they pop up elsewhere beforehand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

It's going to be weird. A lot of the potential participants in the avengers will have a bunch of dangling threads. Namely Thor, Strange and Shang Chi. But, maybe they pop up elsewhere beforehand.

The sequel for Shang-Chi as already been announced. I’m guessing it will be somewhere in Phase 6. 

42 minutes ago, starri said:

I mean, they've made a pretty strong case that Ramonda should be the next Black Panther.  

Also, that cover of "No Woman, No Cry" is awesome.

I'm fine whoever they choose but I'm not pushing for any of our female characters to take the mantle. It's not because they are women. It's because they've done such a good job of carving put their roles and identities. They don't need the mantle.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I'm fine whoever they choose but I'm not pushing for any of our female characters to take the mantle. It's not because they are women. It's because they've done such a good job of carving put their roles and identities. They don't need the mantle.

As far as I'm concerned, the only two who can take the job (I'm excluding Nakia, because I'm quite sure she doesn't want it.) are Shuri and M'Baku.

23 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

What's the Multiverse Saga?

Happy to be proved wrong, but I think it's the unifying title for Phases 4-6 like Phases 1-3 were eventually retroactively named The Infinity Saga.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

As far as I'm concerned, the only two who can take the job (I'm excluding Nakia, because I'm quite sure she doesn't want it.) are Shuri and M'Baku.

I highly doubt they will ever give Shuri the mantle because the actress has foot in mouth disease. But, at least its built in that she loves to get in on the action as well. Her being a fighting hero on top of the tech genius is too close to RhiRhi (ironheart) who is coming.

• Applause 1
(edited)

So, to summarize:

• She-Hulk: Attorney at Law - August 17, 2022 
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - November 11, 2022
  • What If…? Season 2 - Early 2023
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - February 17, 2023
  • Secret Invasion - Spring 2023
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - May 5, 2023
  • Echo - Summer 2023
  • Loki Season 2 - Summer 2023
  • The Marvels - July 28, 2023
  • Ironheart - Fall 2023
  • X-Men ‘97 - Fall 2023 (Actually, I’m not sure whether this is part of the MCU or not.)
  • Blade - November 3, 2023
  • Agatha: Coven of Chaos - Winter 2023/2024
  • Daredevil: Born Again - Spring 2024
  • Captain America: New World Order - May 3, 2024
  • Marvel Zombies - TBA 2024
  • Spider-Man: Freshman Year - TBA 2024
  • Thunderbolts - July 2, 2024
  • Fantastic Four - November 8, 2024
  • Avengers: The Kang Dynasty - May 2, 2025
  • Avengers: Secret Wars - November 7, 2025

Not yet scheduled:

• Deadpool 3
  • Shang-Chi sequel
  • X-Men film
  • Armor Wars
  • Wakanda series
  • Wonder Man series
  • Nova series

Does that look about right? Have I forgotten anything (other than the specials; I didn’t include those)?

Edited by Starfish35
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Which Secret Wars is this one based on? The one written by Jim Shooter, or Jonathan Hickman?

As someone who was worried about how directionless and lackluster Phase 4 has been, I was glad to see yesterday’s presentation.  It put some of my fears to rest.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm asking here because this thread has a SPOILER tag but, still using the spoiler blocking to be safe...it's about BP2

Reveal spoiler

Wasn't Shuri confirmed to be the new BP or was that just a rumor?

Rumor. The visual from the teaser trailer just makes us

Spoiler

think a woman is in the suit.

But Disney has manipulated trailer images so not to spoil plot points before.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

If I had to guess, the Hickman version.

How the heck will they manage that? Shooter version I can get my head around. But Hickman's version as a movie? I can just about imagine it working as a miniseries, but not a movie.

As a miniseries, I would go with one episode focussing on the big plot, then an ep focussing on one of the domains, but it somehow ties back into the main plot. Then alternate big and domain eps. Repeat until the two-part finale where it all comes together.

It’s interesting that the Infinity Saga was spread over 11 years (2008 - 2019).  Whereas if this Multiverse Saga wraps up in 2025, that will be just 4-5 years from beginning to end.    I know they’re doing more projects per year than they were then, with all the D+ series and 3-4 movies a year, but still.  I didn’t expect them to wrap it up quite so quickly.

I wonder what comes after this? The Mutants/X-Men Saga maybe?  Maybe this “Multiverse Saga” is just a bridge to that?

6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I just realized,  we got nothing on Deadpool  3. I guess 2025 with X-Men?

I'm sure we'll get more announcements at D23 in September.  I mean, Fantastic Four has a release date but no cast?  I find that hard to believe.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, starri said:

I'm sure we'll get more announcements at D23 in September.  I mean, Fantastic Four has a release date but no cast?  I find that hard to believe.

Oh yeah, I forgot about D23, guess they had to keep something in reserve for the big Disney Event.

(edited)

Phase 1 - 6 movies

Phase 2 - 6 movies

Phase 3 - 11 movies

All phases climaxing with an Avengers movie, even though in Phases 2 and 3, there was one more movie after the Avengers movies.

Phase 4 - 7 movies plus 10 TV shows

Phase 5 - 7 movies plus 4 TV shows (that have been announced so far)

Phase 6 - 5 movies (that have been announced so far)

Phase 4 really has the most content as of now.

How the heck will they manage that? Shooter version I can get my head around. But Hickman's version as a movie? I can just about imagine it working as a miniseries, but not a movie.

Most likely they will have

Spoiler

Kang taking the place of Dr. Doom in that story. And the various heroes gathering together to take him on, rather than just focusing on The Fantastic Four.

Edited by Hiyo
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

All phases climaxing with an Avengers movie, even though in Phases 2 and 3, there was one more movie after the Avengers movies.

Maybe this is part of what’s causing the different feel, as well as the more compressed time frame.  23 movies for Infinity Saga vs 19 for Multiverse isn’t really that big of a difference, especially when you include all the D+ series.  But marking each phase with an Avengers team-up does make it feel a little different.  A bit more….cohesive, possibly?  I’m not sure if that’s the right word, but it’s the only one coming to mind.  Although admittedly, with the more compressed time frame, doing an Avengers movie per phase isn’t really feasible.

Edited by Starfish35
10 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

So, to summarize:

• She-Hulk: Attorney at Law - August 17, 2022 
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - November 11, 2022
  • What If…? Season 2 - Early 2023
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - February 17, 2023
  • Secret Invasion - Spring 2023
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - May 5, 2023
  • Echo - Summer 2023
  • Loki Season 2 - Summer 2023
  • The Marvels - July 28, 2023
  • Ironheart - Fall 2023
  • X-Men ‘97 - Fall 2023 (Actually, I’m not sure whether this is part of the MCU or not.)
  • Blade - November 3, 2023
  • Agatha: Coven of Chaos - Winter 2023/2024
  • Daredevil: Born Again - Spring 2024
  • Captain America: New World Order - May 3, 2024
  • Marvel Zombies - TBA 2024
  • Spider-Man: Freshman Year - TBA 2024
  • Thunderbolts - July 2, 2024
  • Fantastic Four - November 8, 2024
  • Avengers: The Kang Dynasty - May 2, 2025

Not yet scheduled:

• Deadpool 3
  • Shang-Chi sequel
  • X-Men film
  • Armor Wars
  • Wakanda series

Does that look about right? Have I forgotten anything (other than the specials; I didn’t include those)?

That’s a lot for three years  and it’s crazy to think most of 2025 is still missing. 

There’s also the Destin Daniel Cretton series. I believe one of the trades said it was going to be Wonder Man. 

36 minutes ago, starri said:

I’m guessing they are holding out the big casting announcements for D23 and Investor Day next March since both are all about Disney. 

8 minutes ago, Dani said:

There’s also the Destin Daniel Cretton series. I believe one of the trades said it was going to be Wonder Man. 

Yes, that seems to be correct.  And apparently there’s also a Nova series in development, so that’s at least two more to add to the list.

(edited)
19 hours ago, Dani said:

Captain America: New World Order May 3, 2024

Thunderbolts - July 26, 2024

Blade- November 3, 2023

New She-Hulk trailer

Daredevil confirmed to be in She-Hulk. 

Maria Hill will be in Secret Invasion. 

Shulkie is going to be fun. Tatiana Maslany is so damned good, and so funny, and the show looks like it's got the feel of her comic book down.

Also, Jameela Jamil as a villain and Matt Murdock!

Regarding Wakanda Forever, all I'm going to say is that if they don't give Nakia the mantle of Black Panther, they're crazy. Lupita is a magnetic presence on screen and she's an Oscar-winning actor. It would also be a poignant story of Nakia fighting to preserve T'Challa's desire for an open, altruistic Wakanda and eventually having to take his place as Black Panther.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Danny Franks said:

Regarding Wakanda Forever, all I'm going to say is that if they don't give Nakia the mantle of Black Panther, they're crazy. Lupita is a magnetic presence on screen and she's an Oscar-winning actor. It would also be a poignant story of Nakia fighting to preserve T'Challa's desire for an open, altruistic Wakanda and eventually having to take his place as Black Panther.

I don’t think they will be crazy if they don’t pick her just because the have an abundance of amazing options. I think Nakia would be amazing, logical and compelling but I would also say the exact same thing about Okoye, Ramonda or Shuri(from a character standpoint not the actress). Anyone of them picking up the mantle would be a powerful and compelling story.

From a practical standpoint I wonder of Lupita has the desire to be the face of the franchise and commit to appearing in the non-Black Panther movies that would be necessary. 

2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Most likely they will have

Hide contents

Kang taking the place of Dr. Doom in that story. And the various heroes gathering together to take him on, rather than just focusing on The Fantastic Four.

I can see that. It's just a matter of too much story for a movie. First set up that the multiverse is in peril, smushing them together, working on the solution, domain shenanigans, fixing the multiverse and restoring the status quo. Just too much unless you leave out major sections. Sadly, I suspect the domains will be reduced to blink and you'll miss it cameos.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Anduin said:

I can see that. It's just a matter of too much story for a movie. First set up that the multiverse is in peril, smushing them together, working on the solution, domain shenanigans, fixing the multiverse and restoring the status quo. Just too much unless you leave out major sections. Sadly, I suspect the domains will be reduced to blink and you'll miss it cameos.

Judging by introducing Kang on Loki and the Multiverse of Madness needing a watch of WandaVision through the post credits they just might be putting major sections onto Disney+ like a comic series would have stories in multiple titles

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Raja said:

Judging by introducing Kang on Loki and the Multiverse of Madness needing a watch of WandaVision through the post credits they just might be putting major sections onto Disney+ like a comic series would have stories in multiple title

An anthology series focussing on a few fun domains? Yeah, I can see that working better.

Is anyone else bothered by the scoop on Ant Man and Wasp: Quantumania that Scott is starting the movie having turned into a douchebag obsessed with fame and neglecting his family? Seriously, I’m getting real sick of the MCU writers messing up characters…

• Sad 3

Maybe they are building up towards She-Hulk in the Fantastic Four?  I could imagine Marvel wanting to distance themselves from the previous films by dropping the whole Ben Grimm angle and trying something different.

7 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Is anyone else bothered by the scoop on Ant Man and Wasp: Quantumania that Scott is starting the movie having turned into a douchebag obsessed with fame and neglecting his family? Seriously, I’m getting real sick of the MCU writers messing up characters…

That's enough to put me off watching. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I was not aware of it

23 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I don't really care because it's not lik he's going to stay that way.

I like seeing an avenger actively engaging in the fame aspect of it. I know technically Tony did but he was also already putting himself in the limelight. It was bound to happen. They've also been teasing Scott being a bit of chatty Kathy post blip anyway.

Of course, as a fan of the character, I want to see him hold on to the family he almost lost tight. But, I'm willing to see it play out and I'm also not going to jump to too many conclusions with little to go off of so far.

26 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

Maybe they are building up towards She-Hulk in the Fantastic Four?  I could imagine Marvel wanting to distance themselves from the previous films by dropping the whole Ben Grimm angle and trying something different.

No one remembers those movies enough for it to matter. They can do what they want with them. X Men is a little tricky though. We spent decades with the Fox version of the characters. Although they've shifted multiple actors in parts, it may take a bit to ease in people who don't pay attention to any of this stuff and just watches movies.

50 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

With Banner and his cousin in the She-Hulk trailer perfectly fine with their physical transformation they need to explore the hero who presents physically as a monster. In which case until mutants show up in mass Ben Grim might be among the first. The "eccentric superhumans" the She-Hulk trailer shows will probably not get much on their personal level.