Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

As if more than one woman shown when Peggy shot the shield was not throwing herself at a young Steve before he went to visit the troops in Italy. I've read enough memoirs of war survivors to know they did to young Marines and soldiers. The entire catalog of marching songs were called "Jody calls" in that the woman back home found herself with Jody is based on that truth. Captain America was was literally a Jody on steroids'.

She-Hulk premiere's mid-credits scene answered the question of Steve Rogers' virginity - here's the answer and also Chris Evans' response...

She-Hulk Scene Solves Mystery of Captain America's Virginity — and the Answer 'Absolutely Is Canon'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 18 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/08/18/captain-america-not-a-virgin-she-hulk-mid-credits-scene/

Spoiler

Smart Hulk is moved to dismiss his cousin’s case, sharing that his good friend and colleague “lost his virginity to a girl in 1943, on the USO tour.”
Confirming that Cap had already lost his virginity ahead of his end-of-Endgame trip to reunite/grow old with Peggy Carter “was the prime directive of my life,” She-Hulk head writer Jessica Gao told TVLine with a hearty laugh. “I’m so happy and proud that we got to answer that question. And I’m also just so happy and proud that we managed to let Jen make the big proclamation that she makes.”

The question of Steve Rogers’ virginity has “been a discussion for years,” Gao said. “But I will say that the answer we give in the show comes straight from [Marvel Studios chief] Kevin Feige himself, so it absolutely is canon.”

Update: Cap himself, MCU vet Chris Evans, on Thursday offered his own reaction to the canonical reveal — by way of a tweeted series of emojis.

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 3

Chadwick Boseman will be one of the honorees for the Disney Legends Awards at D23 Expo next month...

JUST ANNOUNCED: D23 Expo to Kick off With Epic Opening Ceremony That Includes Disney Legends Awards
AUGUST 19, 2022
https://d23.com/disney-legends-d23-expo-2022/ 

D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event presented by Visa® will kick off Friday, September 9, with a fantastic spectacle that includes the Disney Legends Awards ceremony and an early look at Disney 100 Years of Wonder—an extraordinary celebration 100 years in the making. The opening ceremony will take place at 10:30 a.m. in Hall D23 inside the Anaheim Convention Center.
The Disney Legends Award is given to an individual who has made an extraordinary contribution to the Disney legacy, and this year’s honorees include Anthony Anderson, Kristen Bell, Chadwick Boseman, Rob’t Coltrin, Patrick Dempsey, Robert Price “Bob” Foster, Jonathan Groff, Don Hahn, Josh Gad, Doris Hardoon, Idina Menzel, Chris Montan, Ellen Pompeo, and Tracee Ellis Ross. Emmy® Award winner Tamron Hall will host, bringing her signature warmth and humor to the fan-favorite ceremony.

• Love 4
On 8/17/2022 at 3:48 PM, tv echo said:

Apparently Kevin Feige gave the "canon answer" on Steve Rogers' virginity to She-Hulk head writer Jessica Gao...

‘She-Hulk’ Head Writer on Reshaping the Pilot, Cutting CGI, and Steve Rogers’ Virginity

I don't get this obsession over Steve's virginity. I am glad it's not a woman for once, but that doesn't make it ok.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 8/22/2022 at 8:39 PM, swanpride said:

Nobody would obsess over the question with a women, because with fictional women, virginity is the default state in the mind of a lot of people. 

The only reason anyone cares is because A) it's Steve and B) Bucky exists. Because girls are gross. No one has ever displayed any interest in or curiosity about the status of the other male characters, just Steve.

• Love 1

Marvel's Disney D23 Showcase Announces Livestream Event Schedule
By Savannah Sanders   August 25, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-disney-d23-schedule-livestream 

The following is the list of panels at part of Marvel's showcase that WILL be live-streamed:

Friday, September 9 

10:30 a.m. – Disney Legends Awards Ceremony

• Disney100 kicks off at D23 Expo with an epic presentation that includes the Disney Legends Awards Ceremony, featuring Disney CEO Bob Chapek. The event will once again honor those visionaries and artists who have made significant contributions to the Disney legacy. This year’s honorees include Anthony Anderson, Kristen Bell, Chadwick Boseman, Patrick Dempsey, Jonathan Groff, Josh Gad, Idina Menzel, Ellen Pompeo, Tracee Ellis Ross, and more.

1 p.m. – Disney & Marvel GAMES SHOWCASE

• Tune in to the Disney & Marvel GAMES SHOWCASE for announcements, trailers, and reveals for new and upcoming games from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Studios.

2:30 p.m. – Disney For Scores Podcast Live Celebrates Marvel Music

• Celebrate the powerful music of Marvel storytelling when Variety’s Jon Burlingame hosts Disney For ScoresPodcast Live. Jon will bring the format of the popular Disney For Scores Podcast to life as he interviews composers of some of your favorite Marvel series and films. Listen in as they fill us in on the secrets of creating the amazing music that helps build the Marvel Universe!

Saturday, September 10

2 p.m. – MARVEL COMICS: Celebrating 60 Years of the Amazing Spider-Man

• Celebrate 60 spectacular, sensational, web-slinging years of Spider-Man! From his humble debut in 1962’s Amazing Fantasy #15, he wall-crawled his way to international super-stardom. Now, join Executive Spider-Editor Nick Lowe and Editor in Chief C.B. Cebulski as they team up to trace the comics history of the web-head across six decades—and BEYOND! Tantalizing trivia about the webbed wonder will be shared in this can’t-miss panel, so be sure to swing by!

Sunday, September 11

10:30 a.m. – A Boundless Future: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products

• Join Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro for a look at Disney’s boundless future. With announcements and updates on the magic happening around the world in parks, on the high seas, at home, and beyond, attendees will get a behind-the-scenes look at the big dreams of Disney Imagineers. Every Disney fan will want to be a part of this special presentation full of exciting news and surprises.

The following is the list of Marvel-related panels that will NOT be live-streamed:

Friday, September 9

2:30 p.m. - Marvel DRAW Live! 

• Join Brian Crosby, Marvel’s Director of Themed Entertainment, for a real-time, step-by-step tutorial session on how to draw some of Marvel’s most iconic heroes and villains!

Saturday, September 10

10 a.m. - Hall D23 Presentation

• As previously announced, filmmakers, celebrity talent, and surprise guests from Marvel Studios will join Lucasfilm and others onstage in Hall D23 to showcase theatrical and Disney+ titles. Going behind the scenes of these studios’ highly anticipated films, specials, and series, attendees will see exclusive footage and be among the first to learn what’s in the works.

1:30 p.m. - Marvel DRAW Live!

• Join Brian Crosby, Marvel’s Director of Themed Entertainment, for a real-time, step-by-step tutorial session on how to draw some of Marvel’s most iconic heroes and villains!

5:30 p.m. - Signings with Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski and Executive Editor Nick Lowe

• Swing by Talent Central to meet Marvel’s Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski and Executive Spider-Editor Nick Lowe for a signing opportunity!

Much like Hall H, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige is expected to take the stage to offer new looks at upcoming projects, make cast announcements, and likely fill in those Phase 5 and 6 blanks. 

Edited by tv echo

Mark Ruffalo on Joining ‘She-Hulk’ and His Future With Marvel: ‘I’m Always Surprised That I’m Still Here’
By Adam B. Vary   Aug 25, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/she-hulk-mark-ruffalo-sakaar-smart-hulk-bruce-banner-1235346349/ 

It would seem that Bruce’s time on Sakaar in “Thor: Ragnarok” plays some kind of significant role on this show, given that we last see Smart Hulk on a Sakaaran ship heading into space. Should we expect to see more of Hulk on Sakaar in the future?
I don’t know. It certainly does suggest that. There has been some conversations about what happened in the two years where Hulk abandoned Banner and the Avengers [on Sakaar], and the emergence of Smart Hulk, which hasn’t ever fully been answered. I think maybe we’ve given four sentences to that time period since then. It’s really an interesting, exciting part of the Hulk story and Banner story. I do think that the trip to Sakaar is a good place to start and what that means to the idea of what the fans have been asking for — this idea of Planet Hulk or World War Hulk or just the journey that Banner and Hulk have to make to come to peace with each other. That’s really interesting to me, and I do feel like there is some interest in exploring that down the line.

Half of the original six Avengers are no longer part of the MCU. How long do you think you’ll be playing Bruce Banner?
I don’t know! I’m always surprised that I’m still here. I mean, me and Ed Norton joke that the Hulk is like our generation’s Hamlet — we’re all going to get a shot at it. I keep waiting for the next version of it. I mean, I’ll probably do it as long as they’ll have me, if people are interested, and I can bring something that’s interesting to me to it, and interesting to the fans. But I have no idea. I mean, you know, when you look at the comics, there’s some pretty grizzled, old versions of him. I’m like, OK, the 67-year-old Hulk, that would be interesting — if all of us are still here making movies and there’s a world that allows for us to do that anymore. With what we’re living in and heading towards, the future feels more precarious than any other time. So I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself. But I hope I’m still around to do it.

Finally, if you think back to your first time as Bruce in 2012 Avengers, how have you evolved and how you think about and approach the character?
Oh, man, it’s been a long journey since then. You know, when I started, in a lot of ways I saw myself as a kind of a kid. I have gotten more successful. I have kids that are adults now. The world is a very different place. Taking my knocks and growing up as a man in that time period, and [I’ve] gotten to really explore all of those different dimensions of Banner and Hulk during during the course of that. I’ve really gotten to probably play like five different iterations of the two of them during that time, and bring some important, meaningful part of myself to each each one of those things. I mean, that’s been a great journey working with Marvel, is that I’ve been able to input on all of those things. The other thing is that Marvel’s like, in a strange way, this kind of modern mythology that really does reflect the times that we’re in a strange way. It’s really remarkable, actually, how on the head they can be, metaphorically speaking, or allegorically. Yeah, it’s been a great place to express myself and to grow. Now I’m in this other stage, where it’s like, the twilight of myself and my career and probably winding down in a way. I feel like the same thing is probably happening for Banner. He’s one of the three that’s left standing, and that’s probably going to, at some point, come to an end as well.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

D23 Teases Big Star Wars, Marvel Announcements in Official Poster
BY BRAD LANG    AUGUST 31, 2022
https://www.cbr.com/d23-poster-star-wars-marvel-announcements/ 

Disney dropped an official poster for its annual D23 event, spotlighting many beloved films, characters and franchises.

... As for Marvel, the poster features Captain America's shield in the top left, Spider-Man dangling from a portcullis and a Nova Corp. starship amongst several other nods.
Beginning on Sept. 9 and running through to Sept. 11, D23 is Disney's annual event used to announce new projects or provide key updates on upcoming films and series. While the company has yet to confirm what it will be showing off in 2022, many fans are expecting first looks at several Star Wars and Marvel Cinematic Universe productions.

Fa5aLngXEAAqqqJ.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

According to Deadline's Justin Kroll...

MCU: Florence Pugh Reportedly Set to Lead 2024 Marvel Movie
By Aeron Mer Eclarinal   September 2, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/florence-pugh-mcu-marvel-movie-thunderbolts-2024 

In the latest episode of Matthew Belloni's The Town podcast, Deadline's Justin Kroll revealed that Florence Pugh's Yelena Belova is set to lead the MCU's Thunderbolts

During the podcast, Kroll first described Thunderbolts as "basically Marvel's Suicide Squad," while also sharing that Yelena will lead a team that consists of Wyatt Russell's John Walker and Daniel Brühl's Zemo. 
"[Florence Pugh] has got the Marvel superhero that's already got a spin-off. Upcoming for her, actually, on that character is this Thunderbolts film, which is basically Marvel's Suicide Squad. Hopefully, it has better results. But the concept is it'd be her leading the team of like Wyatt Russell's [John Walker], Daniel Bruhl's [Zemo], those anti-heroes that aren't exactly good but aren't exactly bad. So there's that. And people seem to like the Yelena character."
Thunderbolts is set to premiere in theaters on July 26, 2024.

Edited by tv echo

Yeah, they're going to need to figure out a better hook for that movie than the incredibly overused, 'bad guys doing good things in a bad guy way' trope. Not only has it just been used in Suicide Squad (and the sequel, and the Harley Quinn movie) but it's also really, really tired and boring as an idea.

You can't pick up a superhero comic these days without seeing a bad guy recast as a hero, reluctant or otherwise.

I love Florence Pugh's Yelena, and really don't want this to be a waste of her character.

• Like 6
45 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

Yeah, they're going to need to figure out a better hook for that movie than the incredibly overused, 'bad guys doing good things in a bad guy way' trope. Not only has it just been used in Suicide Squad (and the sequel, and the Harley Quinn movie) but it's also really, really tired and boring as an idea.

Maybe they'll use the original comics premise. They're villains undercover as heroes. Apparently to gain access to old Avengers files, in order to do... something. That bit will need to be changed, since I doubt all the Avengers will be temporarily killed just for this purpose.

On 9/3/2022 at 7:21 AM, tv echo said:

But the concept is it'd be her leading the team of like Wyatt Russell's [John Walker], Daniel Bruhl's [Zemo], those anti-heroes that aren't exactly good but aren't exactly bad.

For the love of Pete…I HATE that they’ve retconned Zemo as this. What happened to his family is terrible but that doesn’t make him any less fucking evil. Need I remind you how he BLEW UP innocent people just to frame Bucky and break up the Avengers?! But hey, dorky dance moves. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Don’t get me STARTED on Walker. He had the great potential for a tragic villain arc but the FATWS screwed that up with the entire show. And I’m pretty sure his last minute “redemption” didn’t endear him to all the viewers that despised him the minute he showed up in the suit and shield.

So Thunderbolts will be about two characters I can’t stand and Yelena? HARD PASS.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

For the love of Pete…I HATE that they’ve retconned Zemo as this. What happened to his family is terrible but that doesn’t make him any less fucking evil. Need I remind you how he BLEW UP innocent people just to frame Bucky and break up the Avengers?! But hey, dorky dance moves. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Don’t get me STARTED on Walker. He had the great potential for a tragic villain arc but the FATWS screwed that up with the entire show. And I’m pretty sure his last minute “redemption” didn’t endear him to all the viewers that despised him the minute he showed up in the suit and shield.

So Thunderbolts will be about two characters I can’t stand and Yelena? HARD PASS.

I'm half with you on this.  Eff Zemo.  For real.  He's not even a fun love to hate guy.  But I think you can still do some interesting things with Walker.  In his mind he's the hero.  In some ways that makes him more dangerous than a straight up villain as that's prime breeding ground for manipulation.  And I never got the impression that we were ever supposed to latch on to him as new cap in the first place.  I think he was always set up for us to not like him.

Walker just reminds me of that guy.  We all know that guy.  That friend of a friend who you interact with a couple of times a year at group get togethers who acts all self-important (dude, you sell cell phones for a living), tells fish tales, wont shut up about his high school glory days despite being 40, and is sure he would have gotten into the state trooper academy if not for reasons.  And as he's going on you internally roll your eyes as you sip your beer.  That guy is annoying but relatively harmless.  However, what happens if you bestow the mantle of "Captain America" and all that goes with it on that guy?  You get John Walker and all his foolishness.  That guy is doomed from the start.

Edited by kiddo82
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, kiddo82 said:

I'm half with you on this.  Eff Zemo.  For real.  He's not even a fun love to hate guy.  But I think you can still do some interesting things with Walker.  In his mind he's the hero.  In some ways that makes him more dangerous than a straight up villain as that's prime breeding ground for manipulation.  And I never got the impression that we were ever supposed to latch on to him as new cap in the first place.  I think he was always set up for us to not like him.

I’m fine with Walker as an antihero but his character arc could have been done way better. He could have been the main antagonist on TFAWS instead of wasting time with that twerp terrorist Karli. One of the many reasons the show was a letdown.

What really pisses me off is that Zemo was a freaking Nazi in the comics. So instead of staying true to that, the MCU is trying to make Zemo a thing. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I’m fine with Walker as an antihero but his character arc could have been done way better. He could have been the main antagonist on TFAWS instead of wasting time with that twerp terrorist Karli. One of the many reasons the show was a letdown.

Oh yeah.  Karli sucked.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, kiddo82 said:

Walker just reminds me of that guy.  We all know that guy.  That friend of a friend who you interact with a couple of times a year at group get togethers who acts all self-important (dude, you sell cell phones for a living), tells fish tales, wont shut up about his high school glory days despite being 40, and is sure he would have gotten into the state trooper academy if not for reasons.  And as he's going on you internally roll your eyes as you sip your beer.  That guy is annoying but relatively harmless.  However, what happens if you bestow the mantle of "Captain America" and all that goes with it on that guy?  You get John Walker and all his foolishness.  That guy is doomed from the start.

There's even an argument to be made in Val getting to John so fast because he's easy to manipulate. She's the one who tells him that what's needed isn't Captain America but U.S. Agent, that he can still be a hero and a leader as long as he sticks with her. Either for help or protection, given what he did to get stripped of the shield. I said at the time that if he was that close to pounding somebody into the concrete, the serum was just something to open the door for him to finally give vent to, "Don't you know who I am?"

12 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

What really pisses me off is that Zemo was a freaking Nazi in the comics. So instead of staying true to that, the MCU is trying to make Zemo a thing. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I don't think the comics have ever counted for much as far as the interpretation the movies give. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but alternately not making Zemo "a thing" would just make it more questionable for Bucky to have helped him escape from prison if they weren't planning to bring him back in some capacity. I would argue that the guy Zemo shot, the one who re-created the serum, would still be alive if Barnes hadn't been in such a hurry to see his good friend Helmut again. I'm sure we're not supposed to care about Nagel, which is fine, but isn't Bucky meant to be all law-abiding now? If they don't bring Zemo back and turn him around at least a little bit, does that reflect poorly on both Bucky and Sam, who were letting him wander around among unsuspecting people?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I don't think the comics have ever counted for much as far as the interpretation the movies give.

Understatement of the fucking year.

42 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but alternately not making Zemo "a thing" would just make it more questionable for Bucky to have helped him escape from prison if they weren't planning to bring him back in some capacity. I would argue that the guy Zemo shot, the one who re-created the serum, would still be alive if Barnes hadn't been in such a hurry to see his good friend Helmut again. I'm sure we're not supposed to care about Nagel, which is fine, but isn't Bucky meant to be all law-abiding now? If they don't bring Zemo back and turn him around at least a little bit, does that reflect poorly on both Bucky and Sam, who were letting him wander around among unsuspecting people?

Again, the writing on that show was a big mess. I still deeply resent them making Zemo an antihero. Especially when they threw other characters to the wolves in terms of development.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Again, the writing on that show was a big mess. I still deeply resent them making Zemo an antihero. Especially when they threw other characters to the wolves in terms of development.

Admittedly, my worry is for what this means for Yelena. As amusing as it would be for her to call John a poser, for him to try getting one past her when she's probably got more training and experience under her belt than he could ever dream of, I still have a foul taste in my mouth over what these writers did to my darlin' Wanda. I don't want that to happen here.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Admittedly, my worry is for what this means for Yelena. As amusing as it would be for her to call John a poser, for him to try getting one past her when she's probably got more training and experience under her belt than he could ever dream of, I still have a foul taste in my mouth over what these writers did to my darlin' Wanda. I don't want that to happen here.

Give Walker some due. He is a two time Medal of Honor awardee Ranger and Special Forces unit leader while she was an assassin. Related but different skills. Even if the Black Widow movie turned Black Widow assassins' into just a SWAT team without helmets so that we could see a woman's features on the troops.

51 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

My MO is to automatically fear for all the MCU females these days. I don’t trust the writers anymore.

43 minutes ago, swanpride said:

After what they did to Natasha and Wanda - nope, no trust at all. Not to mention the shameful way they treated Sif. 

And Sharon, Gamora, Jane (bringing her back just to kill her off), Betty, May…the list goes on and on. 

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

And Sharon, Gamora, Jane (bringing her back just to kill her off), Betty, May…the list goes on and on. 

You mean Betty Ross and the way they just forgot she existed, right?  Cause my initial thought was "Wait!  What happened to Betty (Brant)!?"

I thought they were at least going to leave us Wanda.  I really did.

• Love 2

Tons of U.S. Babies Are Now Getting Named After Marvel & Star Wars Villains
By Aeron Mer Eclarinal    September 3, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-star-wars-villains-babies-names 

Based on a new study from OrganicBabyFormula.com, via Comicbook, several Marvel and Star Wars villains have prospered on the rising popular baby name list of children born in the United States. 
Quill, who is based on Chris Pratt's Peter Quill, is the name that has jumped the most on the leaderboard, with a whopping 8,457-spot increase. The names after Quill are Kristoff, Rey, Aladdin, Merida, Belle, Simba, and Olaf. 

On the villain front, Thanos has risen to 2,892 spots while Star Wars names Kylo and Anakin grew similarly with 2,344 and 1901 spots, respectively. At the lower end of the spectrum, Loki has risen to 71 spots.

disney-influence-on-baby-names.jpg 

7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Yes, Betty Ross. I shouldn’t clarified, my bad lol.

No worries.  It actually strengthens your point.  I haven't thought about Betty Ross in a dog's age.

Edited by kiddo82
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, angora said:

Who's out here naming their kid Thanos??

That was about to be my comment. I feel like that's not gonna go well for them...

I should have known better than to come in here before I've seen Thor. 😥

5 minutes ago, Dani said:

I can’t figure out if that graph is actually saying anything. What does +8457 actually mean. 

It appears to be the increase in ranking of how many babies have a certain name. Like if you go from the 5th to 4th most popular name you increase one spot. But without knowing the raw numbers it doesn't seem to tell much. Like there are probably a ton of names tied for very low numbers. So increasing 8000+ spots might have just meant there were 3 babies named Quill last year and there were 5 this year. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, angora said:

Who's out here naming their kid Thanos??

When my kids were really little they used to watch the CBC kids morning tv programming block here in Canada. You could send in a picture of your kid for their birthday and it would get shown on TV when their birthday came. I still remember, and this was a few years before IW came out that there was a kid named Thanos whose parents sent in his picture. 

19 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

It appears to be the increase in ranking of how many babies have a certain name. Like if you go from the 5th to 4th most popular name you increase one spot. But without knowing the raw numbers it doesn't seem to tell much. Like there are probably a ton of names tied for very low numbers. So increasing 8000+ spots might have just meant there were 3 babies named Quill last year and there were 5 this year. 

That’s exactly what it is. I confirmed it by looking up the actual numbers. Completely meaningless. Quill went from zero to 5 and is first but Kristoff went from zero to 34. 

2 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

Thanos I guess I can see, but there are people who named their kid Anakin?

Yes. Bryan Young from the Full of Sith podcast. Because Anakin came back from his path and helped save the galaxy. Plus these days, people have grown up with TCW, there's more screen time of Anakin being a hero than a villain.

13 hours ago, Dani said:

That’s exactly what it is. I confirmed it by looking up the actual numbers. Completely meaningless. Quill went from zero to 5 and is first but Kristoff went from zero to 34. 

That's kind of weird. If both were 0 how did Quill move up more spots than Kristoff? Also how would you figure out their ranking at the start when both were 0?

Who's naming their kid Cinderella? That was a mean fucking nickname given by mean fucking people to an orphan they made sleep on the kitchen floor by the fire so she was covered in cinders. What the hell, people?!

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Dandesun said:

Who's naming their kid Cinderella? That was a mean fucking nickname given by mean fucking people to an orphan they made sleep on the kitchen floor by the fire so she was covered in cinders. What the hell, people?!

What I find even weirder is to realize those Cinderella’s are now 71 years old. 

18 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Thanos I guess I can see, but there are people who named their kid Anakin?

Not that I would advocate for either but I guess I'd rather be an Anakin than a Thanos.*  My mom knows someone who knows someone who has a kid named Anakin.  I know someone who has a dog named Anakin.  (And someone else with a dog named Simba)

*but if one changes her name to Valkyrie does it come with the badass outfit and the Pegasus?  Asking for a me.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, kiddo82 said:

Not that I would advocate for either but I guess I'd rather be an Anakin than a Thanos.*  My mom knows someone who knows someone who has a kid named Anakin.  I know someone who has a dog named Anakin.  (And someone else with a dog named Simba)

*but if one changes her name to Valkyrie does it come with the badass outfit and the Pegasus?  Asking for a me.

Try it and find out!

• LOL 1

Ben Kingsley to Reprise Trevor Slattery Role in Marvel Studios’ Wonder Man Series at Disney+ (EXCLUSIVE)
By Joe Otterson    August 30, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/ben-kingsley-trevor-slattery-wonder-man-marvel-disney-plus-1235338010/ 

Ben Kingsley is poised to reprise the role of Trevor Slattery in the upcoming Wonder Man series from Marvel Studios at Disney+, Variety has learned exclusively from sources. 

The show was first revealed to be in the works back in June. It will focus on the Marvel character Simon Williams, a.k.a. Wonder Man. In the comics,

Spoiler

Williams is the son of a wealthy industrialist whose company falls on hard times due to competition from Tony Stark’s Stark Industries. Williams then accepts an offer from villain Baron Zemo that gives him ionic superpowers including super strength and durability. After fighting the Avengers several times, Wonder Man ultimately joined their ranks. 

Kingsley returning as Slattery lends credence to reports that the show is intended to be a Hollywood satire, as it has been established that Slattery is a failed actor and Wonder Man has been an actor and a stuntman in the comics. Exactly how Kingsley would factor into the plot of the series and how many episodes he would appear in is being kept under wraps, but sources say he will play a major role.
The role reunites Kingsley with Destin Daniel Cretton, who directed and co-wrote “Shang-Chi” and will serve as an executive producer and co-creator on the Wonder Man series.

Also reported by The Hollywood Reporter's Borys Kit:

Edited by tv echo

Schedule for Disney's D23 Expo, September 9-11, 2022, has been posted...

https://d23expo.com/schedule 

SEP 9
FRIDAY

Disney Legends Awards Ceremony
10:30am - 12:00 pm PT

.... The Disney Legends Award is given to an individual who has made an extraordinary contribution to the Disney legacy, and this year’s honorees include Anthony Anderson, Kristen Bell, Chadwick Boseman, Rob’t Coltrin, Patrick Dempsey, Robert Price “Bob” Foster, Jonathan Groff, Don Hahn, Josh Gad, Doris Hardoon, Idina Menzel, Chris Montan, Ellen Pompeo, and Tracee Ellis Ross. Emmy® Award winner Tamron Hall will host, bringing her signature warmth and humor to the fan-favorite ceremony.

SEP 10
SATURDAY

Studio Showcase, Day 2: Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Studios
10:00 am - 12:00 pm PT

Welcome all multiversal, intergalactic, and world-spanning adventurers as Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Studios preview upcoming titles, including sneak peeks and special guests.
Disney’s Epic Entertainment Showcase: The Musical: The Extravaganza!
3:30 pm - 5:15 pm PT

Join Disney Branded Television for an exclusive showcase that highlights a legacy of excellence in storytelling and includes talent appearances, performances, and never-before-seen previews of original content for Disney+, Disney Channel, and Disney Junior.

Printable Schedule:
https://d23expo.com/D23Expo22_pdf-schedule.pdf 

Edited by tv echo

Marvel Faces New Challenges Keeping Its Secrets Locked Up
BY CAROLYN GIARDINA, AARON COUCH    SEPTEMBER 8, 2022
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/marvel-leaks-studio-faces-new-challenges-1235214567/

On Sept. 10, thousands of fans will flock to Anaheim for D23, the Disney convention where Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige will unveil new footage and casting surprises from its upcoming films and TV series. The months leading up to the convention are among the most sensitive for Marvel security as it attempts to keep its secrets safe. But preserving those secrets has only gotten harder during the COVID-19 era, as filmmakers’ migration to work-from-home and social distancing protocols on set had the unintended consequence of giving more people the ability to see sensitive information, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Over the past year, Marvel — which managed to get through the rollout of Avengers: Endgame largely unscathed by plot leaks just a year before the pandemic hit — has seen an increasing number of stills and other images shared online ahead of release. Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a prominent figure in the fan community who is regularly sent shots from upcoming MCU movies (but does not share them online) blames more lax work-from-home standards for breaches over the past year. Those include the revelation that Ben Kingsley was returning to Marvel for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and the August 2021 leak of the trailer for Marvel and Sony’s Spider-Man: No Way Home. In November, stills of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield back in action in that film also leaked.
While work-from-home is a challenge for Marvel security, on-set secrecy has become tougher as well. Before COVID, members of a Marvel production would crowd around the monitor to see the shot. But social distancing protocols prohibit such gatherings, and now more people have access to a feed of the monitor on their own devices, making it easier for unauthorized people on set to catch glimpses over the shoulders of people, such as makeup artists and costumers, who need the monitor feed for continuity.

Could Tom Hanks be in a Marvel movie?
Josh Horowitz   Sep 7, 2022

-- Tom Hanks said that he hasn't been approached about appearing in the MCU, but was open and willing to do so (comparing Marvel's current dominance to the Westerns in the '50s). He was also very complimentary of the MCU movies that he has seen and the acting performances in them.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1