Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

New WandaVision trailer 

More Investor Day announcements

-Confirmed America Chavez for Doctor Strange 2. Also confirmed Spider-Man 3 will tie directly into Doctor Strange 2.

- Falcon and the Winter Soldier - March 19th

- Loki - May 2021

Edited by Guest

What If-

-Shang-Chi

image.thumb.jpeg.61d455dace817ff4a3968e15fae44f8a.jpeg

-Ms. Marvel - late 2021

- Captain Marvel 2 - co-stars Ms Marvel
Edited by Guest

Bucky after Sam jumps out of the plane:  “Great, another one”. 🤦🏻

That trailer cheered me up.  😁 Looking forward to it. 

ETA:  oh oh oh......”What if.....?” looks amazing!  🤩

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

-She-Hulk - Hulk and Abomination will appear. Maslony confirmed

-Nick Fury Series

- Iron Heart - series starring Dominique Thorne

- Armor Wars - series starring Don Cheadle

- Guardians Holiday Special coming 2022

- I am Groot - series of shorts 

- Ant-Man 3 -

- T’Challa will not be recast

- Fantastic Four movie directed by Jon Watts. 

Edited by Guest
7 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

So no recast but there seems to be someone else doing the voice of T'challa in What If...

It’s more likely that Chadwick did the voice work for it before he died. 

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, Dani said:

It’s more likely that Chadwick did the voice work for it before he died. Adult T’Challa didn’t speak in the trailer. 

Is that not adult T'Challa at about 1:45 into the What If.. trailer?

What is cool about the live action shows is how I remember when Agent Carter was on how it was a good show but it kind of dragged a bit. And I remember thinking how it would have worked better as an old school event style TV movie. With these shows being 6 episodes and probably one season and done they are kind of like old school event mini-series which I think could be a great format to bring back. Especially with so many great characters and properties to work with.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Lol. I guess i stopped watching at the logo. It’s not a lot to go on but that doesn’t sound like a different actor to me.  

Just caught up on all of the Marvel announcements and I can't wait for pretty much all of them!  The third Ant-Man film actually being called Quantumania is just one of the many reasons I love that series, even if it is technically one of the "smaller" (sorry) stories out of the MCU.  And hell yeah to Michelle Yeoh finally getting into the Marvel Universe with a role in Shang-Chi.

The Disney+ series honestly look just as good as the films.  I'm sure there are ways to cut costs in order for them to not be as expensive as the films, but they're clearly going all out for these.  All of them should be interesting.  Owen Wilson in the Loki show is one of those casting choices that seems bizarre on paper, but judging from the trailer, it actually seems like it might be kind of brilliant.  I can see him having an interesting rapport with Tom Hiddelston.

• Love 6

I like Ant-man and the Wasp exactly BECAUSE it is one of the smaller franchises. It's kind of cosy.

But I'll need to wrap my head around all this...what sticks out to me the most at the moment is the GotG Holiday special...why do I have a feeling that they might do a dig at the Star Wars Holiday special? Whipwhipstir, whipwhipstir….

• Love 7

Oh boy, lots of new info.

Falcon and Winter Soldier looks good, and I like the antagonistic camaraderie between Bucky and Sam, but if it ends up being "Falcon America and his sidekick, Bucky Barnes" I'll be pissed. Bucky was already chronically wasted in the movies, they need to do something with him here.

As for Black Panther, no choice was the right one, really. But choosing not to recast T'Challa isn't the way I'd have gone. Just finishing his story so abruptly and tragically will give the movie a maudlin tone that could drag it down.

Ms. Marvel should be fun, but I hope they rejig her powers. I can't help but think of a line from the Girlfriend Reviews video about the Avengers game - "Ms. Marvel, adolescent motormouth with the power of... balloon hands." It is goofy.

Speaking of goofy, I'm looking forward to Quantumania and Kang should definitely be a better villain than the first two movies in the series had.

A Guardians Christmas special could just be an hour of Nebula, Rocket and Drax reacting to Christmas traditions and I'd be happy.

• Love 5

Well that is a massive info dump/holiday present from Marvel. It's taken me a while to process all the new things we just learned. 

Loved the new WV trailer and I really hope it's as batshit and awesome as it seems. 

SLJ and Ben Mendelsohn together, yay!

Don Cheadle getting a series, yay!

Ant-Man 3 sounds insane, clearly.  Peyton Reed will be the second director to finish a trilogy with Marvel, 1st if you go from date of 1st film. To me whilst they're a "smaller" sub-franchise I never worry about them not being entertaining or ruining something. 

FATTW also looks good. They seem to have the antagonistic/reluctant chemistry that this will clearly be grounded in. I'm not 100% thrilled with some of the potential spoilers I've read but I will definitely be watching it. 

The thing I'm most interested about in LOKI is Gugu Mbatha-Raw but I like TH and weird storylines so it looks good. He can do the Loki schtick in his sleep and hopefully this will give him more to sink his teeth into. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

As for Black Panther, no choice was the right one, really. But choosing not to recast T'Challa isn't the way I'd have gone. Just finishing his story so abruptly and tragically will give the movie a maudlin tone that could drag it down.

There really is no good option but I too would have preferred a recast. Mostly because I want to see more T'Challa movies (he was one of my favourite characters in my comic reading days and one of my most prized possessions is one of the original artist pages from Black Panther Volume 3). But having him die or disappear off screen seems like it wouldn't work, neither would some kind of stitched together scenes using deleted scene footage like they did for Carrie Fisher in Rise of Skywalker or some kind of CG thing. 

• Love 2
Just now, Kel Varnsen said:

There really is no good option but I too would have preferred a recast. Mostly because I want to see more T'Challa movies (he was one of my favourite characters in my comic reading days and one of my most prized possessions is one of the original artist pages from Black Panther Volume 3). But having him die or disappear off screen seems like it wouldn't work, neither would some kind of stitched together scenes using deleted scene footage like they did for Carrie Fisher in Rise of Skywalker or some kind of CG thing. 

That's the thing - they have to acknowledge the character's death, which inevitably acknowledges Chadwick's death, and it's going to be a moment of real world sadness that could really restrict the tone of the movie.

People of all ages have set a lot of value in T'Challa and his importance to them would really have justified Marvel deciding to continue his journey. But now they've chosen not to, I'm intrigued to see who takes the mantle of Black Panther. I won't dissemble, I want it to be Nakia because Lupita Nyong'o headlining and action movie is something the world needs.

Also, the announcement of a new Fantastic Four movie is a little surprising, and very daring. That franchise now has the stink of one mediocre attempt and one awful attempt, and it takes courage to try it again so soon after.

Marvel will need to give it a different spin for a lot of people to be interested. They can't just do another version of the origin story that culminates with them fighting Doctor Doom. Maybe set it in the 60s, and take advantage of the Silver Age roots of the characters? Give it a real technicolour, swinging 60s vibe and make it deliberately campy after the overly sincere and serious versions we've had? But that would mean they couldn't tie the characters into the larger MCU, unless there were more time travel shenanigans..

The casting will be really interesting too. It seems like people have been willing John Krasinski and Emily Blunt into the roles of Reed and Sue, but I'm just not sold on either.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Unless he didn't record his dialog before he died, it's Chadwick.  They announced the cast when they announced the series, and Hayley Atwell had recorded her dialog in the fall of 2019....in the Before Times.

11 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

Marvel will need to give it a different spin for a lot of people to be interested. They can't just do another version of the origin story that culminates with them fighting Doctor Doom. Maybe set it in the 60s, and take advantage of the Silver Age roots of the characters? Give it a real technicolour, swinging 60s vibe and make it deliberately campy after the overly sincere and serious versions we've had? But that would mean they couldn't tie the characters into the larger MCU, unless there were more time travel shenanigans..

From the moment when it first looked like the Fox purchase would put the FF back in the MCU, all I have wanted was a period piece origin story full of Space Age enthusiasm.  In my mind, they end the first movie about to embark on an adventure, and then the post-credit sequence has them pop on to the roof of the Baxter Building in present day.  

My bigger question is who they use as a villain.  I feel like they need to save Doom and Galactus for later.  

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

Maybe set it in the 60s, and take advantage of the Silver Age roots of the characters? Give it a real technicolour, swinging 60s vibe and make it deliberately campy after the overly sincere and serious versions we've had? But that would mean they couldn't tie the characters into the larger MCU, unless there were more time travel shenanigans..

I always thought that setting a Fantastic Four movie in the 60's with that kind of vibe (somewhere in between Mad Men and Austin Powers) would have been amazing. Especially if they used a design style where there tech looked like what people in the 60's thought future tech would look like. But the problem is like you said trying to get them from that into modern day MCU. Especially since by my count they have already done the thing where a super hero from decades past kind of disappears and then comes back in modern times 4 times already (Cap, Bucky, Captain Marvel, and The Wasp). 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, starri said:

From the moment when it first looked like the Fox purchase would put the FF back in the MCU, all I have wanted was a period piece origin story full of Space Age enthusiasm.  In my mind, they end the first movie about to embark on an adventure, and then the post-credit sequence has them pop on to the roof of the Baxter Building in present day.  

My bigger question is who they use as a villain.  I feel like they need to save Doom and Galactus for later.  

18 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I always thought that setting a Fantastic Four movie in the 60's with that kind of vibe (somewhere in between Mad Men and Austin Powers) would have been amazing. Especially if they used a design style where there tech looked like what people in the 60's thought future tech would look like. But the problem is like you said trying to get them from that into modern day MCU. Especially since by my count they have already done the thing where a super hero from decades past kind of disappears and then comes back in modern times 4 times already (Cap, Bucky, Captain Marvel, and The Wasp). 

The feel that Darwyn Cooke captured for DC: The New Frontier is the sort of thing I envisage for a period Fantastic Four movie - lots of retro-futuristic designs, combined with 60s period clothing and hair, lots of Kennedy-inspired "brave new world" optimism and the feel of a future where anything is possible.

I like the idea of the movie ending with the Fantastic Four blipping into existence in the modern MCU, and if they come from another universe where all that retro-futuristic stuff was real, and maybe where Kennedy lived to lead the US to a lengthy Camelot era, it could be a fun way of building on the multiverse theme that looks like it will dominate this next phase of the MCU.

As for villains, it's tough because Doom and Galactus are inextricably linked to the Fantastic Four, to the point where most of their other enemies are kind of lame. Mole Man or Blastaar? No thanks. Maybe Namor could make his much belated screen debut as the villain (assuming the rumours of him appearing in Black Panther 2 aren't true).

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

The feel that Darwyn Cooke captured for DC: The New Frontier is the sort of thing I envisage for a period Fantastic Four movie - lots of retro-futuristic designs, combined with 60s period clothing and hair, lots of Kennedy-inspired "brave new world" optimism and the feel of a future where anything is possible.

I like the idea of the movie ending with the Fantastic Four blipping into existence in the modern MCU, and if they come from another universe where all that retro-futuristic stuff was real, and maybe where Kennedy lived to lead the US to a lengthy Camelot era, it could be a fun way of building on the multiverse theme that looks like it will dominate this next phase of the MCU.

As for villains, it's tough because Doom and Galactus are inextricably linked to the Fantastic Four, to the point where most of their other enemies are kind of lame. Mole Man or Blastaar? No thanks. Maybe Namor could make his much belated screen debut as the villain (assuming the rumours of him appearing in Black Panther 2 aren't true).

If they did set it in the 60's just take all of those awesome Jack Kirby splash pages that show a crazy giant computer or invention and make those your storyboards.

As for a villain the Kree are always an option or the Skills (sure the ones in CM are nice but surely there are some asshole Skrulls). 

As for the Fantastic Four getting stuck somewhere there is also the Negative Zone, although how you make that feel different than Janet Van Dyne getting stuck in the quantum zone I'm not sure. Or have them fight their villain then at the end just have Doom show up with his time machine.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

As for villains, it's tough because Doom and Galactus are inextricably linked to the Fantastic Four, to the point where most of their other enemies are kind of lame. Mole Man or Blastaar?

I'd love for them to use Annihilus, but I also really, really, really want to see some version of "Annihilation" make it to the screen, and that just fits better with GotG, since most of them were in that story.

• Love 1

IIRC before they announced GOTG Marvel made overtures to FOX offering them an extension on Daredevil if they could get F4 back and what they also really wanted was Galactus and Silver Surfer. The rumours where that they were the first choice for Cosmic Marvel In Space so to speak. 

They could just start off with them as a team and family and show bits they need to in flashback ala Captain Marvel. It worked well for Watts other Marvel films, Spider-Man to just assume everyone knew the story of the radio active spider. 

That said, none of the attempts were much good so they might want to put their definitive stamp on the origin. But it absolutely can't be DD. It wouldn't surprise me if the wanted to use Silver Surfer as well as that could be spun off, he nearly was with FOX anyway and they botched him. 

The unfortunate Trank version was allegedly going to use Mole Man as the big bad before switching to Doom/Domachev/whatever the fuck that was. 

Mole Man at least brings Toho-style giant monsters into the MCU, which could be an interesting new element. The leviathan footage from the climactic battle in The Avengers leads me to believe something good and appropriately impressive could be done with them in the right hands.

Or hell, do a Cold War era period piece emphasizing the space exploration angle, with the Red Ghost and his Super-Apes as the antagonists.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

Mole Man at least brings Toho-style giant monsters into the MCU, which could be an interesting new element. The leviathan footage from the climactic battle in The Avengers leads me to believe something good and appropriately impressive could be done with them in the right hands.

Or hell, do a Cold War era period piece emphasizing the space exploration angle, with the Red Ghost and his Super-Apes as the antagonists.

Thinking about it more, the obvious solution is to just give the MCU Fantastic Four movie to Brad Bird and call it a day.

• Love 2
On 12/10/2020 at 7:09 PM, scarynikki12 said:

They got Michelle Yeoh for Shang-Chi???  DID I KNOW THIS??? I DON'T THINK I KNEW THIS!!!! OR IF I DID I CLEARLY FORGOT BECAUSE I AM SO EXCITED!!

It's definitely the first I've heard of it. I was already going to see Shang-Chi because who doesn't like a good martial arts romp? But this news makes me an opening weekend audience member.

Edited by Bruinsfan
20 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Can she please be Thor's love interest so we can get rid of Natalie Portman?  I know she's in it too, and I know nothing about any of the source material... but I didn't love Jane, and I don't care for Natalie Portman in huge blockbuster action movies.

Uh no, Sif is awesome enough on her own. Now if you want to ship her with Valkyrie, however...

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Dani said:

Yes! OMG Yes! I'm so excited!

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Uh no, Sif is awesome enough on her own. Now if you want to ship her with Valkyrie, however

She is awesome enough on her own...if she brings Beta Ray Bill with her I'll be even more excited. Sif wouldn't be interested in Valkyrie, unless she could actually wield Mjolnir.  

However, I've been waiting for Thor/Sif since the first movie. So, I really would like to see it explored. Jamie's chemistry with Chris has to be better than Natalie Portman's. 😃

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Uh no, Sif is awesome enough on her own. Now if you want to ship her with Valkyrie, however...

Really?  I didn't get that vibe from the first two movies.

13 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

However, I've been waiting for Thor/Sif since the first movie. So, I really would like to see it explored. Jamie's chemistry with Chris has to be better than Natalie Portman's. 😃

Exactly.  This.  🙂 

4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Really?  I didn't get that vibe from the first two movies.

Jamie got hurt early filming for the 2nd movie and they had to cut down her role. Lady Sif of the comics is pretty freaking awesome and, I hope they give her her due in Thor 4. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Jamie got hurt early filming for the 2nd movie and they had to cut down her role. Lady Sif of the comics is pretty freaking awesome and, I hope they give her her due in Thor 4. 

I didn't know that - that's good to know.  Thanks!

My comment was in response to shipping her with Valkyrie. 😉  The way that she undressed Thor with her eyes, I definitely didn't get the "I like girls" vibe.

2 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

My comment was in response to shipping her with Valkyrie. 😉  The way that she undressed Thor with her eyes, I definitely didn't get the "I like girls" vibe.

Everyone in the MCU except Odin undresses Thor

• LOL 5
20 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

When did Sif do that?

I honestly never got the vibe that Sif had feelings for Thor as anything but a friend and a fellow fighter. But that’s just how I saw it.

Not saying Sif had an “I like girls” vibe. In fact her episode of AoS revealed she definitely had some feelings for someone that one evil chick (don’t remember her name) bespelled, which was why she had that score to settle with her. I’m just saying her with Valkyrie is an idea. I’d be happy just to see them interact platonically too because they’d make a pretty good team.

My favorite scene in the first Thor movie was how she rolled her eyes when Thor twirled his hammer around at his thwarted coronation.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

honestly never got the vibe that Sif had feelings for Thor as anything but a friend and a fellow fighter. But that’s just how I saw it.

Sif was in love with Thor in the movies, Sif is in fact Thor's main Love Interest in the comics and his wife in mythology. They never outright said it but, there were hints, especially in the first movie. The second movie was supposed to feature a love triangle (🤢 hate them) between Jane/Thor/Sif. This was one of the things scuttled when Jamie Alexander got hurt on set.

While the movies do their own thing Sif pretty much has had 3 Love Interests in comics, all could wield Mjolnir which is why I joked she'd have no interest in Valkyrie unless she could wield Mjolnir.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I honestly never got the vibe that Sif had feelings for Thor as anything but a friend and a fellow fighter. But that’s just how I saw it.

Not saying Sif had an “I like girls” vibe.

To be fair, Asgardians are aliens that can live for 1000's of years so I could see that their view on sexuality being different than humans.